Jetblue Airways

"Rudest airline I’ve ever flown with"

Trip Verified | After receiving a change notice that our flight from Punta Cana to Chicago with a layover of an hour in Ft Lauderdale was now changed to a layover of 10 hours in New York, we finally land in NY at midnight and the JB ticket counters close at midnight and don’t reopen until 2.30. So we have to wait at the terminal, not the gate to get our connecting flight and to drop our bags again. Not one attendant we came in contact with seemed to enjoy their job or their passengers. It was a green for us to even talk to them. There were many open seats on our flight and we were told we could not move to these special “orange seats” when we asked because people pay more for them. Obviously no one had purchased them since we’d already taken off. But I watched 3 other people move to these seats during the flight and not a word was said to them. So because we asked we didn't move but they can move there with no words said? Their flight attendants are so rude and we had to pay for everything. It’s like you do things the right way and pay what you’re supposed to pay and turns out no one cares anyway so we could’ve just done it without paying. Nice plane but absolutely no customer service. Rudest airline I’ve ever flown with. And apparently I’m not the only one and JetBlue does not care since every review on here says the same thing.
RoutePunta Cana to Chicago via New York
Date FlownMay 2022

"most horrible experience ever"

Trip Verified | The customer service was so horrible, I have never gotten a service like this one the person who was handling my flights was rude and kept raising his voice not allowing me to tell him the issue with my flight. They need to have better customer service and be more helpful. The most horrible experience ever.
RouteLos Angeles to Richmond
Date FlownMay 2022

"I will never fly with this airline again"

Trip Verified | My 3hr direct flight return trip was cancelled without notice (last day of vacation). This turned into a 13hr trip with a 6hr layover (Austin->LAX turned into Austin->Boston->LAX). I received no notification that the flight was cancelled and had to hussle to find an alternative route home on the last day of my vacation when I was due to fly home. Judging by other reviews they are doing this multiple times per week across several routes. I will never fly with this airline again. It's not worth the risk of cancellation. The booking agent at Chase travel advised that this is a recurring and systematic issue with JetBlue and Alaskan airlines specifically. Jetblue routinely overbooks lower margin flights and cancels them without notice. I looked at the flight history for my specific route and noticed several days where the flight did not operate in prior weeks on the same weekday. This is a clear pattern of cancellations and an underresourced airline. Its not worth the stress/headache when you're on vacation, hoping that your return flight won't be cancelled. I will not be flying with this airline again and advising others to book with a more reliable airline.
RouteAustin to Los Angeles via Boston

"completely useless"

Trip Verified | ew York to Milwaukee. Jetblue cancelled my flight last minute. This is the second time they have cancelled me and made it impossible for me to use flight credits. I will never fly with them again. Their agents are not helpful and if you attempt to call them, you will be on hold for hours. The guy I eventually spoke to was nice enough but completely useless and refused to transfer my call to a supervisor.
RouteNew York to Milwaukee
Date FlownMay 2022

"absolutely no customer service"

Not Verified | I vacationed in New York this last week and had a Sunday afternoon JetBlue flight home. I got an email at 3:00 a.m. on the day I was going home, cancelling my flight for 10 hours later. There was no attempt to help me rebook, no way to contact Jet Blue, and no apology. When I called the airline I was told that there were no available operators and they would call me back. They did but it took them 1.5 hours. They then offered to fly me home- 2 days later! Fortunately another airline was able to find us a last-minute flight that evening. JetBlue has absolutely no customer service and should not even be in business. This is the second time I have had serious issues trying to fly with them and I will use any other airline in the future.
RouteNew York JFK to Milwaukee
Date FlownMay 2022

"JetBlue is changing flights on a whim"

Trip Verified | Purchased a round trip ticket for my niece’s wedding. The airline decided to change my return flight adding a stop to JFK with arrival in Boston at 12am on June 19. They notified me on April 25. I called and asked for them to keep the departing flight but reimburse the returning flight. Stayed on hold 2 hours spoke to a supervisor. They said I’d see the change. Waited 5 days called again, stayed on hold another hour, they said they fixed it. Got an email that the whole trip was cancelled. Called again they said that I’d have to buy a new ticket and they couldn’t reimburse the difference. Spoke to a Supervisor who said she was ignoring me, then said she had no authority to reimburse me and could not fix my problem. In all, I spoke with 5 JetBlue employees & 2 Supervisors none of them knew what the hell the were doing. JetBlue is changing flights on a whim.
RouteBoston to Atlanta
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"still sad from this horrible experience"

Trip Verified | My husband and I was coming from a vacation we hadn't had since 2019. We went to airport to catch our flight to JFK, which we had another flight (Delta to ATL) once we land in JFK. Flight with Delta was for 9:20pm. When we arrived at the airport in Bridgetown and found our flight was delayed four times, we were livid. We tried to cancel flight with Jetblue, and go with AA because booked the last flight home, but they were full. By this time, we knew we were going to miss our flight home and may have to sleep in airport with homeless people (I was in tears, I had never). While in the air with Jetblue, the pilot alarmed us even more, by telling us we may get there one hour later because of a storm. We arrived about 10:30pm, we had to cancel our delta flight, and rebook for 6am. While exiting the flight, I let the pilot know I was disappointed in my first flight with jetblue, and his response was "third is a charm". We didn't leave JFK until 8:20am (I didn't sleep while at JFK, I allowed my husband a little). I am still sad from this horrible experience. The saddest part, I had to sleep in airport with the homeless.
RouteBridgetown to New York

"very disappointed"

Not Verified | Rochester to Las Vegas. This was my first experience on an aeroplane and it was horrible. Our flight going to Vegas at the last minute changed and gave us a 10-hour layover in Boston. Then on the way home due to the flight leaving Las Vegas late I missed the connecting plane home. And that was the last flight out for the day. So needless to say I am stuck in JFK from 9:30 am Saturday until Sunday am for the next flight home. Never again will I ever fly JetBlue - very disappointed.
RouteRochester to Las Vegas
Date FlownApril 2022

"they are now a horror-show"

Not Verified | I am a TrueBlue member and once preferred Jetblue to all the other airlines. Unfortunately, they are now a horror-show. The short version of the story is that my flight was cancelled and I was stranded for 3 days. A Jetblue representative at the airport told me I would be reimbursed for accommodations and transportation needs, up to a specified limit. The actual cost for 3 days was higher than the limit, but knowing I would be getting some kind of reimbursement took the edge off, and after dealing with uncertainty for the day and a half prior I was exhausted and just ready to have any kind of plan. I never got the instructions they said would be provided via email so I called them on the phone. Good luck with that. There was an option to have a live support person message me when my turn came up in the queue, so OK. It took 3 attempts with a total wait time of over 8 hours to actually get some assistance. Except 'assistance' is not what I got. The support person said they do not offer vouchers/reimbursements for flight cancellations and there is nothing they can do. Mind you, this is after I was promised , face to face, that I would receive a very specific amount of money. So, I was stranded for 3 days due to their failure, promised a modest (not total) reimbursement, then they failed to deliver even that. Do not trust anything they say, if you have a choice in what airline to fly, maybe choose another. The chances of you getting stranded with JetBlue seems high these days and who has the time and money to deal with such uncertainty. On top of it all I wasted many hours of time trying to get what I was promised, with no small amount of stress.
RouteBoston to Orlando
Date FlownApril 2022

"never flying with JetBlue again"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Boston. As military personnel, I barely get to see my family. Originally my flight was June 10 11:10am - June 10 7:30pm. Now it’s changed to June 10 10:53pm - June 11 7:07am. I am suppose to surprise one of my family member’s birthday on June 10th, but now I can’t. I call to see if they could do anything about it, and so they will charge for $537 to change my flight? You guys are a joke. If you can change my flight, then I ask to change my flight without a charge. Seriously, if you guys are reading this and not improvising by the time I fly out in 2 months, I am never flying with JetBlue ever again, and my review will never be deleted.
RouteSeattle to Boston