IndiGo

"Worth this price"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Udaipur to Mumbai. Beautiful blue plane, one of the best low cost airlines in India. route goes to every corner of India. Flew from a small city to Mumbai, the whole journey was excellent from staff welcoming on board until landing. On time as well. There is no reason to give a score under 10. Worth this price.
RouteUdaipur to Mumbai
Date FlownMarch 2019

"very pleasant and helpful"

Trip Verified | Hyderabad to Rajahmundry. The staff in both locations was very pleasant and helpful. They went out of their way to accomodate me. I left my laptop and phone in the security check line because I got distracted by all the rigorous questions asked by the security personnel and my stuff got separated from my bags they were checking, so I did not realize I did not put the laptop and phone back in my bag. On the plane I finally realized and we started calling the lost and found at the airport in Hyderabad. They were closed because it was Sunday. In Rajahmundry we spoke with IndiGo personnel and the airport manager who helped me get hold of someone from the airline in Hyderabad and assure me that my articles are secure with them. They even offered to send my stuff via a next available flight but I was coming back the next day, so I was just willing to pick it up then. In Hyderabad staff were very pleasant and helpful and quickly gave me my articles after checking my identity. Someone from Indigo actually went to the security, got my stuff and kept it at the counter. Everyone went above and beyond and I quickly got everything back but knowing that my stuff was safe waiting for me on a Sunday night was very reassuring and stress relieving. Thank you, IndiGo staff. I am not familiar with airlines in India but I would recommend them to anyone who is traveling within the country.
RouteHyderabad to Rajahmundry
Date FlownApril 2019

"rescheduled my flight 3 times"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | They rescheduled my flight 3 times without offering any accommodation and even apologizes. They did it at the very last moment when I already couldn’t book another flight from normal company. I payed for direct 6 hours flight from Delhi to Istanbul. Finally they operated 9 hours with a stop in Doha when they even didn’t let passengers to come out from the aircraft!!
RouteDelhi to Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2019

"very pleasant flight experience"

Trip Verified | Indigo flight from Bengaluru to Mumbai. Due to the flight schedule modifications due to the grounding of the Boeing 737 Max 8 aircrafts, I had to do a last minute booking on Indigo which came at a steep price but as I was required to travel had no other choice. The check-in was a breeze and boarding / departure started on time. The aircraft was well maintained and even though every seat was practically full, the crew did well to manage things and requests from fellow passengers. The seat pitch is around 30 inches which is decent enough but might be more uncomfortable for someone taller. The flight was very smooth and the crew were very pleasant and indulged in small talk among the passengers when it came for the in-flight snacks which were kind of pricey. Arrival was on time and the captain of the flight announced that this was his last flight and so all the passengers were requested to send their best wishes to the captain during de-boarding which was a nice touch. A very pleasant flight experience indeed. Thank you Indigo.
RouteBengaluru to Mumbai

"the timings were good"

Not Verified | Flew from Mumbai to Bangalore last week. Opted for IndiGo as the timings were good, Check in was a little slow and so was boarding - their staff at the gates was asking people to check their bags in at the boarding gate so there was some confusion. The aircraft was a slightly older one. Seats were okay, since this was a corporate booking, got a XL seat over the wings. Meal was pre-added as a corporate booking perk - food was ok, had to remind the staff for a cup of tea. Never got one as when the crew did care to drop by, the pilot had already announced them to secure for landing.
AircraftA320-232
RouteMumbai to Bangalore

"staff were smiling"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Kuala Lumpur. I had paid for FF package so checkin was smooth even though baggage allowance was 20kg on ticket but they allow me to carry extra as a result my one hand bag went inside so i was free to walk on airport. I got checkin lounge where i can rest and have some food at odd hours and went to gate, boarding was already open one hour before departure and we were on our seat 30 minutes and gate close as every one had boarded. Boarding was smooth no drama. Flight was ready for take off and at that time it was advise that there is problem with aircraft and hence the flight need to abandon and change of aircraft and brought aircraft back to gate. Spend another 3 hours and finally took off. I can say that they had managed transition very smoothly. Aircraft were clean and toilets were clean too. staff were smiling and food was nice tea and upma which was preordered. Flight landed on time. Cant ask more on budget airline so it all depends upon what you pay upfront to get service.
RouteDelhi to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"very thankful for the assistance we received"

Trip Verified | My 10-year old daughter had come down with traveller's diarrhea when we were about to take a flight with Indigo Airlines from Ahmedabad to Mumbai. By the time we were checking in it had become apparent that she was in no condition to fly. Fortunately to us, an employee of Indigo Airlines saw that my daughter was suffering. He invited us to an empty office where a short time later we were met by a doctor who examined my daughter and gave us medication and electrolytes. As a result my daughter's condition improved and we were able to take the flight after all. The help that we received was initiated by the attentive and very friendly Indigo Airlines staff. It was quick and un-bureaucratic with attention to detail (the staff organized a wheelchair and gave my daughter and us expedited access to the plain). We are very thankful for the assistance we received.
RouteAhmedabad to Mumbai

"was delayed 25 minutes"

Trip Verified | Indore to Bengaluru. Horrible service at check in counter. I had my flight which was delayed 25 minutes. As I was scared of missing my international connection due to the delay, I asked the staff to put my baggage under priority for releasing on the belt (due to the delay of the flight). Airline staff asked for payment for priority baggage, though the reason was clearly the delay in the flight.
RouteIndore to Bengaluru
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Flight was delayed 4 times"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Coimbatore via Chennai. Flight was delayed 4 times then cancelled. They had 1 member of staff trying to rebook around 250 passengers. Not even water was provided while flights were rebooked (which took 7 hours). Only 150ml of water was given onboard the aircraft which we were on for 4 hours before being deplaned when they cancelled the flight. Luggage was then not sent to the destinations. It took 5 days to get my luggage back and they wouldn’t even deliver it. I had to return to the airport.
RouteBangkok to Coimbatore via Chennai
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"should learn to respect passengers"

Trip Verified | I was disappointed with the delay, flight was 30 minutes delayed while going from Sharjah to Trivandrum and a one hour delay on return to Sharjah. I booked Indigo for an on time flight but its a false image. Worst experience, airline didn't even inform us about the delay through an SMS or any other means. Waste of time. Attitude of crew is the worst. They should learn to respect passengers.
RouteTrivandrum to Sharjah