IndiGo

"High On-time performance at the cost of hygiene"

Trip Verified | I understand it is a budget airline. I got the biggest shock of IndiGo's on-time performance. Once the incoming flight landed, they immediately started boarding and even after scanning our boarding pass they made us wait three times at three places, as there were still passengers deplaning from the incoming flight! I was flying with two elderly passengers with knee problems as this took a big toll on their leg having to wait for a long while. This also means they did not even clean the plane at all as soon as the incoming flight landed. How unhygienic! This is how they fly on-time. High On-time performance at the cost of hygiene!
RouteIndore to Mumbai
Date FlownJune 2019

"delayed by almost 2 hours"

Trip Verified | Nagpur to Pune. The flight got delayed by almost 2 hours. The flight time was 00.05 hrs to 01.10 hrs, the shops were almost closed. The staff didnt provide tea or coffee as it was so late hours and none of the shops were open. Very disappointed with this service. We were informed about the delay just 20 mins before boarding time.
RouteNagpur to Pune
Date FlownJune 2019

"cabin crew was very polite"

Not Verified | Kolkata to Bangalore. Excellent service! Very touched with prompt service. Well done. Hope you keep your service up. Very touched that my tea was replaced with a fresh cup. The cabin crew was very polite.
RouteKolkata to Bangalore
Date FlownJune 2019

"one of the luggage was lost"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Kochi. On May 31, I reached the airport at around 6:00 AM and checked in at the emergency counter. I had a friend also traveling with me whose luggage was less than 15 Kg. I asked the indigo staff if my excess luggage can be adjusted with him. Staff told me to pay the extra amount. I immediately agreed to pay. Hence as per the baggage policy, I paid 400*10Kg -4000Rs. On arriving at Kochi airport after a 40-minute wait, I discovered that one of the luggage was lost and reported to the baggage claim representative. After waiting for more than 30 minutes, she cross-checked with the boarding pass and confirmed me that the bag of 10Kg is missing. I spoke to the indigo staff and have no information for me as to the whereabouts of my luggage. One of the senior officials of Indigo called me on June 9th and confirmed that the bag weight was 10Kg and a refund of 3500INR will be given. I expressed a complete dissatisfaction as I paid 4000Rs extra for the same bag. The staff promised me that he will check with the finance department and revert back. But I haven't received any call yet. I find it unprofessional how such a large airline like Indigo can lose luggage. To add insult to injury, I am faced with obtaining compensation for those items that are far less than their worth.
RouteDelhi to Kochi
Date FlownMay 2019

"cabin crew with genuine smile"

Trip Verified | This airline has never disappoints me even though you dont get free meals, however I had booked my meals and they were very tasty and also their check in and hand baggage allowance is similar to that of many full service carriers and their on time performance puts other airlines to shame. The one hour flight from jaipur to Lucknow was on time and landed 5 minutes before arrival time. The ground staff was courteous and so was the cabin crew with genuine smile.
RouteJaipur to Lucknow
Date FlownMay 2019

"already running late for flight"

Trip Verified | Ahmadabad to Mumbai. Total chaos, paid for extra luggage but receipt printer not working. A girl trying to fix but she has no clue how to fix? Asked to wait 5, 10, 15, 20 minutes but printer did not work, she filled up manual receipt and handed over to me, by this time already running late for flight, she allowed 2 small carry on but supervisor did not allow at security checkpoint, now I have to start from square one, scan bag, bag drop off. A girl at bag drop off wants to charge for extra luggage but printer is not working and I am running out of time, supervisor came, things did not work, bag was checked in without any charge. I rushed through security, heard my name announced on PA, before last call rushed to boarding gate.
RouteAhmadabad to Mumbai
Date FlownMay 2019

"really helpful and welcoming."

Trip Verified | I was in India on a holiday and I decided to fly with IndiGo from Mangalore to Mumbai. The ground staff and the cabin crew were really helpful and welcoming. The in-flight meal options were limited but it was a standard domestic flight like menu so no complaints there. The flight was tidy and the journey was very comfortable. The best part about the flight was the punctuality. Overall it was an excellent experience and if I would need to travel by a domestic flight in India the next time, I know which airline I am going to look out for.
RouteMangalore to Mumbai
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"how helpful they were"

Trip Verified | I accidentally interchanged the boarding date and ended up messing up my flight tickets FOR jUNE 2019. My tickets were under the category which cannot be rescheduled, so I panicked as the amount I paid was over 20000 rupees and with my previous experience with domestic airlines, I was sure I am losing all the money and would be asked to re-book the entire journey. Much fortunately, I called Indigo and got connected to this very helpful person who was so patient with my panic state and assisted me with all my queries and infact rescheduled the tickets considering they were booked a few minutes ago. I cannot thank this person and Indigo enough to explain how helpful they were towards my situation and how efficiently they fixed this issues.
RouteNagpur to Pune
Date FlownMay 2019

"no options for hot meals"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Istanbul via Doha. We had booked the XL seats in the 1st row for Rs 1000 each considering the nearly 10 hours journey, but realized what a mistake that was. First of all, Indigo added a stopover in Doha, which meant a direct flight that was advertised as 8 hours duration at the time of booking, became nearly 10 hours. The seating configuration is identical to the domestic flights, with just a few more rows added in the back since the A321 is longer than the A320. This means that they use the same seats (with just about 4 cm of foam padding). The in-flight menu has no options for hot meals to be purchased, and the best food you can buy on-board is cup noodles made with hot water. Even Air Asia, which is a much more LCC provides options for passengers to purchase hot meals for all their flights. Additionally the flight does a 1 hour stopover at Doha during which they park in a remote bay, and open the doors for crew and cleaning. This means that if you are seated near the front of the plane, you will be exposed to hot desert winds of Qatar for about an hour. On top of this, even though the crew announce that certain rows such as the first row, emergency exits are paid seats, they do not do anything to prevent random people from sitting in these seats during the flight. Why on earth should anyone pay for these seats beforehand then, only to get scammed during the flight like this? On top of this, the crew treat the first row like the "toilet waiting area", since any passenger who is waiting in queue to use the toilet needs to be seated when the seatbelt sign is on. But the crew instead of sending them back to their seat, make them sit in the first row, which is a paid row.
RouteDelhi to Istanbul via Doha
Date FlownMay 2019

"didn't have a printout of boarding pass"

Trip Verified | Bengaluru to Jaipur. I had done web check in and had my boarding pass as pdf in my phone as I couldn't get a print out. Upon reaching the airport I was not allowed to print the boarding pass, they didn't have to give the boarding pass, just print the pdf that I had. The worst part is if they had not wasted my time in queues when I had already mentioned I was in a hurry, I could have gone outside and gotten a printout. I missed my flight just because I didn't have a printout of my boarding pass, even though I had the pdf. There has to be some understanding, they should guide us properly.
RouteBengaluru to Jaipur