IndiGo

"we are very disappointed with the airline"

(Bahrain)

Not Verified | To start with, we were travelling to Male, Maldives from Cochin using Indigo, we had booked our flight from Cochin to the Maldives and then onwards to Bahrain. The check in counter staff member reacted very differently to us trying to travel telling us we are supposed to book a return flight back to India from the Maldives as per ‘air bubble agreement’, since we didn’t have time to review the reasons mentioned by the airline, we had no choice but to book a return flight to India. This was not enough for the airline, they wanted a direct flight back. We again made our travel agent rebook, while we didn't cancel our flight to Bahrain, since we didn't trust the totally misinformed Indigo staff, we travelled, spent days in the Maldives and travelled to Bahrain without any hassles! We checked and rechecked with Male airport as well, no such rule was there! Wrong information besides being totally un cooperative towards customers, we are very disappointed with the airline, especially as I have never experienced this. We had asked to meet with the manager, instead of asking him to come to talk to us, we were sent to some counter where he was seated fidgeting with his phone, laid back and totally uncooperative. I am not a person who likes writing such reviews but such incidents are very very problematic. Hope Indigo take appropriate action.
RouteKochi to Male
Date FlownNovember 2021

"flight had no meal supplies"

Trip Verified | This flight had no meal supplies and I had a meal booked with my ticket. I was offered cashews & almonds in place of a meal at 8 PM. The Air Hostess told me "There are more options available but today we don't have any." This happened when I was sitting in 6th row, I can only imagine what people in 16th or 60th row had. Why would you charge money for a meal & not provide it?
RouteDelhi to Bhubabneswar
Date FlownNovember 2021

"Keep up the good work"

Trip Verified | Indigo staff Chirag at the Goa airport saved my day. I was late to board the Goa to Mumbai indigo flight due to a road accident on 2nd October 2021 flight 6E 259 @ 19.50 The boarding gate was closed and I had a connecting flight to London. The lady at the checkin desk was really helpful, she first refused but later checked with Chirag and than it was run run run - he guided me to the boarding gate. Made my London flight on time Can’t thank him the the check in desk staff enough. Saved me from panic attack. In the last 10 days I have travelled at least 5 times with the Indigo. Excellent service from checking to departure. And the best thing is it’s always on time. Keep up the good work
RouteGoa to Mumbai
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Indigo must be proud both of you"

Not Verified | I was late for boarding to Delhi from Gorakhpur airport. I reached at 15:10, my flight was at 15:40. The staff said, I am late, they were not allowing me to board. But with the support of two employees of Indigo Airlines Ruksar and Satendra are really nice people. They understand the situation. The two have been very helpful to me. She insisted on it and gave me my boarding pass. Thanks, Indigo must be proud both of you two.
RouteGorakhpur to Delhi
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"substandard quality of service"

(Qatar)

Not Verified | Rude staff, substandard quality of service and they will loot your money over excess baggage weight and other surprise fees not warned to the customer beforehand on their website. Their website for example provides the fee for pre booked additional baggage weight but does not mention the fee if excess baggage is found during boarding.
RouteDoha to Kannur
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"the seat selection was free"

Trip Verified | When doing the online web check in, I was pleased to note that since I had booked using a corporate fare, the seat selection was free and also I was entitled to 1 complementary snack onboard the flight. The baggage drop process was smooth although due to huge queues at Bangalore airport, the IndiGo staff quickly collected all the bags from the pax in a separate queue which allowed quick deposit of the bags. Boarding started on time and I learnt that for the complementary snack, there was a choice of upma / poha for veg items and chicken noodles for the non veg items along with the choice of a beverage (hot / cold). The sandwiches could not be availed as part of a CPML booking as I found out but the quantity of the items was on a generous side which was appreciated. The flight landed also on time at Kolkata, however the baggage took some time before coming. In the end, I got more for what I paid for including free seat selection and a complementary meal, and got safely to my destination on time. Cannot ask for anything more.
AircraftA320 Neo
RouteBengaluru to Kolkata
Date FlownAugust 2021

"one of the top LCCs in Asia"

Trip Verified | At Mumbai airport, during check in, the staff took care to verify the negative RT PCR reports of all the passengers travelling to Karnataka which was appreciated even though the seat selection during online check in was not free unlike the previous time when I flew which was a surprise. Boarding started well ahead of schedule and it seems that Indigo is deploying with high capacity Airbus A321 Neo aircraft on high density routes to get as much passengers and load as possible. The crew was welcoming and wished everyone during boarding and deboarding which was much appreciated as these small things do matter. The luggage could have perhaps come a bit earlier than expected but apart from that there is nothing much that one can fault IndiGo on because everything was perfect: the fare, the on time arrival, the crews attitude. It has rightly achieved it's status as one of the top LCCs in Asia.
AircraftA321 Neo
RouteMumbai to Bengaluru
Date FlownAugust 2021

"counters had been closed at 7:30"

Trip Verified | I had a morning flight of 8:30 am from Ahmedabad to Lucknow. I reached the airport at 7:25 am and was standing in the IndiGo line for check-in. Around 7:32 am, the IndiGo lady asked where I was going and other few passengers as well. When we informed her that it was Lucknow, the lady removed us from the line informing us that the counters had been closed at 7:30. She was very stubborn and was not ready to listen or even guide us on what to do next. The next 20 min just flew by running from indigo counter to counter. The lady on the reservation counter didn't even inform me of the fact that if a customer missed their flight and books it via their counter the fee charged is Rps 1800 and the PNR given is the same. A customer doesn't need to restart their booking again. Luckily my husband guided me on this procedure to which the lady confirmed.
RouteAhmedabad to Lucknow via Delhi
Date FlownJuly 2021

"the seat selection was free"

Trip Verified | I was pleased to note that during the online check in for this flight, the seat selection was free because in previous experiences of flying with IndiGo, they usually charge a fee of around Rs 150 for selecting a seat. The baggage drop was a smooth process and departure was on time. The crew took steps to check for negative RT-PCR reports or proof of fully vaccinated during the time of boarding which was appreciated. Arrival was on time and IndiGo did the job of transporting from point A to B in a fairly reasonable price for a 1 hour 40 minute flight.
AircraftA321 Neo
RouteBengaluru to Mumbai

"Thank you IndiGo"

Trip Verified | Yesterday (11 july) I brought my 90 year old mother back and from entry to exit, each member of IndiGo staff provided exemplary care. From wheelchair to security to plane they took genuine care. The surprise started by Sujata politely asking if we would like front row seats, which I had wanted but while booking couldn't get. That gave us comfort in 2 hours flight and Sujata accompanied us through security, which often can be cumbersome. Other staff too helped selflessly. Cabin crew was kind. Covid protocols are followed to a T by IndiGo. In Bengaluru on arrival Keertana helped and escorted all through till exit. It made travel with a near blind, wheelchair bound mother very doable. Thank you IndiGo. Way to go!
RouteVadodara to Bengaluru