Hainan Airlines

"The flight was great"

(China)

Trip Verified | Xi'an to Los Angeles. The flight was great with outstanding in-flight service and cabin crew. In addition, they helped me fill out my flight log which I was strongly appreciated. The food was tasty and decent. Can't wait to fly with HNA in the near future.
RouteXian to Los Angeles

"Would definitely recommend"

Trip Verified | Chengdu to Los Angeles on Aug 25, 2019. Extremely happy with the cabin crew. Very nice and caring. Excellent service overall. Would definitely recommend my friends (if not fly again myself).
Date FlownAugust 2019

"impressed with the service"

Trip Verified | The flight was great, I am impressed with the service on the aircraft. The cabin crews are more professional. As usual, they could help me fill in the flight logs. However, the sandwiches and salad provided this time is not good as usual this time. There were some chicken but with little lettuce or salad dressing. Hope to have some improvements on the meals. It would be better for the passengers to choose salads and desserts on their own, not only the main meals.
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Staff very friendly and polite"

(Ukraine)

Not Verified | Beijing to Prague. The best airline. Staff was very friendly and polite. Nice safety video. Beverages before takeoff. Food was very tasty. Legroom is big, you can transform your seat into bed. Plane wasn’t very old (just 6 years old)
RouteBeijing to Prague
Date FlownJuly 2019

"only if we had been on higher fare class"

Trip Verified | This flight from Shenzhen to Brisbane was the last of four flights we took with Hainan Airlines on our round trip from Australia to China. The first three flights were all in Economy class. While the flights were all fairly good, we didn’t feel the food and service to be quite up to the standard of other carriers that we’ve used. But our main issue was that after we had boarded and were seated in Economy prior to departure on the Shenzhen to Brisbane flight, which was a night flight, there was an announcement asking any passengers who wished to upgrade to Business class to contact one of the flight attendants. As we were both fairly tired and the Economy section of the airplane was almost full, we thought we might treat ourselves to an upgrade if the cost was reasonable. So I approached one of the flight attendants to find out what the cost of upgrading would be, and she asked to see our boarding passes to check what our fare class was. After a short while, she came back with one of her colleagues and said that it would cost 5,000 CNY (Chinese Yuan) each to upgrade. Just to make sure that there was no misunderstanding, I wrote down “10,000 ¥” on a piece of paper and asked them if that was the total cost for my wife and myself and they said “Yes.” So we decided to go ahead with the upgrade and we were moved to Business class which was less than half full. However, when we were about to pay by credit card we were told that the cost of upgrading would be 6,800 CNY each. When we told them we had been quoted 5,000 CNY each before we moved, they said that would have only been the case if we had been on a higher fare class. In other words, we had been given incorrect information earlier, but the flight attendants were not prepared to say that someone had made a mistake. At that stage, the flight was about to take off and we didn’t particularly feel like going all the way back to our original seats so we decided to stay in Business class, pay the full amount and to make a complaint to the airline when we got back to Australia. Business class was very comfortable and we both slept well on the way to Brisbane. Also, the flight attendant who was looking after us was very attentive to our needs. After we arrived back home we emailed Hainan Airlines asking for a refund of 3,600 CNY. They apologized for their mistake but refused to provide any compensation. I’m rating our flight experience at only 5 out of 10, primarily because of the way we were misled.
AircraftA330-200
RouteShenzhen to Brisbane
Date FlownJune 2019

"I had a satisfied flight"

(China)

Trip Verified | Chongqing to New York. When I booked the flight it was the new reverse herringbone business class configuration, but unfortunately the aircraft was changed in the last day to a 2-2-2 configuration, which I didn't like it much. The aircraft was full, the crew maintained a very high level of service. It's the longest route of Hainan, after the dinner service and few hours of sleeping, everyone woke up and started to ask for dining. There were few seats in business class had problems with the USB charger, another few in economy had problems with the entertainment system. Cabin crew explained and tried to make it up to those passengers. I had a satisfied flight in the end. Really appreciate the effort of all flight attendants onboard.
RouteChongqing to New York
Date FlownJuly 2019

"recommend Hainan Airlines"

(China)

Trip Verified | Seattle to Peking. I found the food provided on the plane is quite delicious. They have beef, shrimps, fresh vegetables and Heineken beer, which is my favourite. The seat is quite comfortable and you could stretch your legs even in the economy class. The service is pretty good during the flight. The smile could be seen on the face of flight attendants. Their service is professional. I really appreciate and recommend Hainan Airlines.
RouteSeattle to Peking
Date FlownJune 2019

" Cabin crew were very friendly"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Shenzhen. My first time on Hainan. Check in staff were helpful. The flight was smooth with little turbulence. Cabin crew were very friendly and greeted everyone as they entered the plane. Service throughout the flight was excellent, especially the female lead cabin manager who assisted me when my first meal choice was unavailable. She later came back to check on me to make sure I was happy and satisfied and took my order for the second meal service in advance. What a star! My seat was comfortable and inflight entertainment was good. I had a high expectation before departure and was very happy that I chose Hainan Airlines.
RouteBrisbane to Shenzhen

"Real 5-star experience"

(China)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Beijing. Great flight with nice cabin crew. Real 5-star experience. I was a Gold member of Hainan, but for a long time, I didn't fly enough to keep my elite level. After this flight, I decided to keep my gold I was planning to fly back to China on my Birthday just few days earlier. But for some force majeure, I rescheduled it to this flight. When the cabin manager came to send me her greetings, I did tell her a little about this rescheduling thing. To my surprise, after the cabin service one of the flight attendants gave me a Birthday card. I did take some Israeli sweets in my carry on baggage, so I decided to visit the crew to share my pleasure of flying near my Birthday with them. I found it impressive that Hainan has three foreign crew members on this flight. This mixed cabin crew was very cooperative and complementary. From my point of view, this combination of attendants is very good, so Hainan please keep that up. I was flying business, Hainan is one of those few airlines that offer pajama in business class, and the pajama is really nice. Also offered me amenity kit with slippers, etc. The entertainment system is loaded with my favorite movie. Also, the food is and might always be one of the best you can find in the sky. Few things could make it even better. For example, those staggered configuration business is not my favorite. I like the new dream feather reverse herringbone. Yes, sure this staggered A330 business has one of the biggest legroom but is lack of storage space comparing to my favorite configuration.
AircraftA330-300
RouteTel Aviv to Beijing
Date FlownMay 2019

Hainan Airlines customer review

(China)

Trip Verified | Chengdu to Los Angeles. It's a very pleasant trip to fly with them. The cabin was well maintained and well cleaned. Both dinner and breakfast were delicious. The crew was nice and ready to provide any assistance. One passenger lost his passport, the crew made a lot of efforts to find it for him, which was very lovely.
Date FlownMay 2019

Hainan Airlines Photos

HAINAN AIRLINES

Hainan Airlines is a privately owned airline, the fourth largest carrier in China. The Airline celebrated its 24th anniversary in 2017. The main international hub is Beijing Airport, other hubs at Chengdu, Chingqing, Changsha, Xi'an and Shangai. Hainan Airlines has a fleet of over 180 aircraft, including Boeing 787-9 / 787-8 / 767-300 / 737-800, A330-200/300, anda further 75 aircraft on order.

NEW UNIFORMS

Hainan Airlines unveiled their new uniforms at Paris Couture Week in June 2017. The fifth-generation Hainan Airlines uniforms highlight the combination of traditional Chinese features and internationally popular elements. The fusion of traditional Chinese elements and popular international fashion created an Oriental masterpiece that turned heads in Paris.

BUSINESS CLASS

Hainan Airlines long haul business class is provided on Boeing 787 and A330 aircraft, with flat bed seats, arranged 1x2x1 and 2x2x2 subject to aircraft type. In addition to luxury amenities, business class service includes an Onboard Chef and full dine on demand.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
Onboard WiFi (some int'l routes)
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand a la carte dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

DOMESTIC FIRST CLASS

Domestic first class is provided using a mixture of widebody A330, Boeing 787 and Boeing 737-800 aircraft.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
AmenitiesSlippers, eyeshade etc

ECONOMY CLASS

Hainan Airlines long haul economy class uses Boeing 787, A330 and Boeing 767 aircraft, and also includes Boeing 737-800 on domestic routes.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 19 ins
Onboard WiFi (some int'l routes)
power_iconUSB power (most int'l routes)
DiningChinese & Western meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets
AmenitiesAmenity pack (int'l routes)

LOUNGES

Hainan Airlines have recently opened their flagship international lounge, the HNA Club at Terminal 2, Beijing Capital Airport. They also offer domestic lounges at many airports across China and have a new International lounge opening in Xi'an during 2017.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
Seat pitchPrivate seat pods
Lounge showersShower rooms
WiFiLounge WiFi
Work StationsWorkstations / business area
power_iconCharging facilities
AVODEntertainment area
DiningBuffet & a la carte dining
WinesSelf service bar