Hainan Airlines

"deserve to be a 5 star airline"

(China)

Trip Verified | I have been taken flight of this company for many times and last week, I took flight HU481 from Beijing to Boston and got excellent service. I was impressed by the professional and nice service from Check-in desk. She gave me all details about this flight, the 787-9 plane and other items. Hainan Airline deserve to be a 5 star airline.
RouteBeijing to Boston
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Very nice experience"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Beijing. Very nice experience. When I finished my checking formality I found there were some forbidden liquid items in my hand-carry, I was worried about this because my luggage already checked. But the ground staff kindly help me to find another box and packed it very carefully. This was very good experience to fly with Hainan Airlines.
RouteTaipei to Beijing

"well-trained flight attendant"

(China)

Trip Verified | Seattle to Shanghai. Hainan Airline not only surprise me with how great their service was, but also let me felt how important a well-trained flight attendant was for a customer with acrophobia, for the first time. Flying in an “iron box” in the sky is one of the scarcest thing in the world, for someone who have acrophobia. The entire journey will be a torture. My hand sweat so easily when encountering turbulent, and the nervous was clearly showed on my face. I frequency asked for water in my previous trip in order to decrease my discomfort. Even though I told the flight attendants the reason, they still get annoyed sometime. I got used to it, and learn that It just how it is. No one likes a trouble maker. However, this crew had bring me a totally different experience. one of the flight attendant quickly recognized my fear and asked me if I want anything in order for me to feel better. I told her that I might need a lot of waters to relief my fear. She ensure me the I can call for service whenever I needed. The attendent manager also came and checked on me. Later on, after the captain announced that we were going to encounter a turbulent, she brought me a warm hand towel! I was shocked by how attentive she was and truly felt much better with that warm hand towel. Detail is the king, I was truly amazed by her attitude on understanding my needs. If you do not have acrophobia, you will never understand how I felt in the sky. The flight attendents did an amazing job on comforting me.
RouteSeattle to Shanghai
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"trip exceeds my expectations"

Trip Verified | Beijing to Boston. I found the trip exceeds my expectations: the flight attendants are extremely polite, attentive and help with customers' requests during such a long flight. The flight attendants look young though exhibit a mature professionalism. With this experience I highly recommend Hainan Airline's in-flight service.
RouteBeijing to Boston
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"given a seat in middle section"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Beijing. Requested a window seat day before but was given a seat in middle section of 1x2x1. In-flight entertainment system broke down 3 times and my handset didn’t work. Brussels Airport luggage took nearly 2hr to arrive in baggage hall. Staff were helpful but operationally this airline needs a good kick.
RouteBrussels to Beijing

"attendants are friendly"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Xian. Check-in, security and customs very fast. The best part of the check-in counter was that Hainan airlines staff very friendly and help me, my wallet lost at check-in counter, and the Hainan staff very fast delivery to lounge for me. Flight attendants are friendly. Good food in business class, look like in the five star restaurant. I would definitely fly with Hainan airlines in the future.
RouteTaipei to Xian

"service was excellent"

Trip Verified | Chengdu to Los Angeles. We really enjoyed this flight. The cabin was clean, service was excellent. The food and entertainment were met my expectation. When they handed me a new pajama for sleeping comfort, I was very surprised. I highly recommend this flight and I won't go to Chengdu any other way.
RouteChengdu to Los Angeles
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Excellent service"

(China)

Trip Verified | The flight from Beijing to Toronto is an unforgettable experience. Excellent service, delicious meals, new aircraft, advanced on-board equipment, and a rich entertainment system make long-distance travel as comfortable as at home.
RouteBeijing to Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2018

"a pleasant cabin experience"

Trip Verified | Beijing to Toronto. I took Hainan Airlines flights for my summer vacation. It was a pleasant cabin experience and the Boeing 787 has shown me all it can offer. Fantastic entertainment program and amazing food service. Most attractive and impressive flight attendant uniforms.
RouteBeijing to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2018

"assisting me to transfer"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Guangzhou via Beijing. I would like to thank Hainan Airlines ground staff in Beijing for assisting me to transfer smoothly to my next flight. They were very nice, directed me to the terminal and made sure that I don't miss my next flight.
RouteTel Aviv to Guangzhou via Beijing
Date FlownJuly 2018

Hainan Airlines Photos

HAINAN AIRLINES

Hainan Airlines is a privately owned airline, the fourth largest carrier in China. Celebrating its 24th anniversary in 2017, Hainan Airlines is the only Chinese mainland carrier to be ranked as a 5-Star Airline. The main international hub is Beijing Airport, other hubs at Chengdu, Chingqing, Changsha, Xi'an and Shangai. Hainan Airlines has a fleet of over 180 aircraft, including Boeing 787-9 / 787-8 / 767-300 / 737-800, A330-200/300, anda further 75 aircraft on order.

NEW UNIFORMS

Hainan Airlines unveiled their new uniforms at Paris Couture Week in June 2017. The fifth-generation Hainan Airlines uniforms highlight the combination of traditional Chinese features and internationally popular elements. The fusion of traditional Chinese elements and popular international fashion created an Oriental masterpiece that turned heads in Paris.

BUSINESS CLASS

Hainan Airlines long haul business class is provided on Boeing 787 and A330 aircraft, with flat bed seats, arranged 1x2x1 and 2x2x2 subject to aircraft type. In addition to luxury amenities, business class service includes an Onboard Chef and full dine on demand.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
Onboard WiFi (some int'l routes)
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand a la carte dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

DOMESTIC FIRST CLASS

Domestic first class is provided using a mixture of widebody A330, Boeing 787 and Boeing 737-800 aircraft.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
AmenitiesSlippers, eyeshade etc

ECONOMY CLASS

Hainan Airlines long haul economy class uses Boeing 787, A330 and Boeing 767 aircraft, and also includes Boeing 737-800 on domestic routes.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 19 ins
Onboard WiFi (some int'l routes)
power_iconUSB power (most int'l routes)
DiningChinese & Western meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets
AmenitiesAmenity pack (int'l routes)

LOUNGES

Hainan Airlines have recently opened their flagship international lounge, the HNA Club at Terminal 2, Beijing Capital Airport. They also offer domestic lounges at many airports across China and have a new International lounge opening in Xi'an during 2017.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
Seat pitchPrivate seat pods
Lounge showersShower rooms
WiFiLounge WiFi
Work StationsWorkstations / business area
power_iconCharging facilities
AVODEntertainment area
DiningBuffet & a la carte dining
WinesSelf service bar