Frontier Airlines

"bottom of the barrel"

Not Verified | Denver to Washington DC. Although the crew was very nice this is a terrible, low quality airline. The seats are absolutely horrible to sit in with no ability to recline. They are extremely uncomfortable which caused me severe back pain for the entire flight. There is also very little leg room, tiny tray tables, and they also charge for every snack and beverage except for tap water. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this pitiful, low budget, bottom of the barrel airline. I have no idea how they are staying in business but I will never use them again.
RouteDenver to Washington DC

"extortionate practice"

Trip Verified | Austin to Indianapolis. Wow, that's all I can say about the super extravagant extortion forced to add a carry on or checked bag. "Extras" that are forced onto you if you ever plan to travel with a carry on or checked bag. Almost everybody has at least one or the other with every flight. To add just one bag to your ticket incase you forgot to add or who ever bought your ticket did not know the severity in fees and fines for not doing it at the time of purchase. To add 1 checked bag is $38 + 38.50 carrier chargeable + 4.50 except + air tax 4.00+ fee+ fee+. It was $82.50 for 1small bag that might make carry on size but that charge is super overcharged as well. $82.50! For a ticket that was $42.50, it would have been cheaper to just book 2seats. How in any way does it cost more to stow a bag than fly? How can an airline force such charges? This is an outrageous fee for forgetting or adding a bag. Heaven help me, I just did not know the extremely overpriced extortion fees for just taking 1 small bag. This company should feel ashamed for such extortionate practice! Outrageous!
RouteAustin to Indianapolis
Date FlownNovember 2018

"They cancelled my flight"

Not Verified | They cancelled my flight out of Orlando hours before the scheduled departure but never bother to send me an email, text or even a phone call. To make it worst I checked their website before leaving my house for the airport and the flight was said to be on schedule, (not true it had already been cancelled) . Went through counter and TSA , waited at the gate before knowing flight was cancelled. They had no interest in helping or accommodating me, though I explained I live 2 hours from Orlando and didn't have a way home, by now it's almost 10 pm, was told the next available flight that can accommodate me will be in 2 days. They refused to give hotel voucher or book me on another airline - was in the airport but could not get any help from Frontier Staff. Called 800 number and was told to provide receipts for hotel and new flight and they will reimburse. That happened 10/15/2018 - today is 11/10/2018 after countless emails and documents still no refund. Someone said they wound reimburse but no money still.
RouteOrlando to Ontario
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Just unintelligent business"

Not Verified | I flew this airline almost every month a few years ago and had a large number of miles accumulated. The airline then changed in structure and ultimately stopped servicing my home city of Spokane, WA. I was pleased to hear they had re-started service this year and so I could finally again use all my miles I accumulated. I reached out after finding they had wiped my account of all miles. Generally speaking, I understand they expire at times, but in this case the airline itself prevented me from using them as a result of their stop in service to my market. I reached out on 3 separate occasions to get some credits, even partial and all were met with a non empathetic tough luck. This airline will never get my business or anyone on my staff's again. Losing thousands and thousands of dollars to save 2 free flights which were earned by someone who had reached one of their former elite tiers in flying. Just unintelligent business.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSpokane to Denver
Date FlownMarch 2018

"slightly better than Delta"

Not Verified | Well at least Frontier is slightly better than Delta, the plane was clean. The prices are great until you realize how much they charge for baggage and they lie and tell you that it is less expensive if you pay online. That is if their system let's you, if not it costs you an extra $20. Think about this if they deliberately keep 100 people a day from paying online and collect an extra $20 from each person that is $730,000 a year. Tell me they are not doing this on purpose, oh and no refunds on baggage by the way.
RouteDenver to Greenville

"Horrible, pathetic airline"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Denver. We were previously on another airplane ready to take off for Denver when they told us the plane couldn’t fly for maintenance issues. All of the passengers departed the airplane and went on to wait about an hour in the terminal. After waiting and seeing that all the other Frontier flights were delayed or cancelled for mechanical reasons, we were told we would be going to another plane. I’m currently on the plane and have waited over 5+ hours and have been told that there were maintenance issues and also that we needed a new staff. They advised us every 15 minutes that we would be taking off soon, and there is currently no sign of any departure. Horrible, pathetic airline. Pay a few extra bucks and fly with a decent airline.
RouteOrlando to Denver

"how bad can it get"

Not Verified | Cincinnati to Louisville. I have never left a review. Delay for an hour and a half. Fine I get it. Board the plane. It starts moving, they announce they “apologize” but they can no longer fly us to LGA because of a “curfew” that can’t be flown in past 11. They rush us onto the plane and then we all have to get off. Is this an actual joke. Flight isn’t rescheduled until 11:30 the next morning. So everyone lines up to make arrangements. Computer is down so everyone has to shuffle through the airport where we are lead to the ticket station with ONE representative for a full flight of people looking for hotel vouchers. I understand you get what you pay for but how bad can it get.
RouteCincinnati to Louisville
Date FlownNovember 2018

"out to nickel and dime you"

Trip Verified | Orlando to New York. I managed to get away with flying on this airline without them getting me for any ridiculous fees, but I wanted to leave a review noting what I've observed. This airline is out to nickel and dime you for everything, even to the point where they'll lie or manipulate the situation. Flying out of Orlando they admitted they don't know who paid and didn't paid for carry on baggage and mentioned they would only check if they ran out of room on the plane in the overhead bins. Then they proceeded to shut half full overhead bins, thus creating a situation where there might not be room for all overhead baggage since they specifically told passengers they may not reopen the bins. Also, no one offered to help when I struggled to get my carry on (paid for) into the bin. It's under the weight limit, I'm just a string bean. The plane itself was also dirty. The one I'm sitting on right now is on par with the NYC subway. They need to vacuum these planes once in awhile. It's pretty gross. There's crushed M&Ms in the seat and what looks like crusty bread remains and candy wrappers laying around. On my flight from New York they were also delayed by 45 minutes because they hadn't received their departure logistics from their Minnesota office, the pilot noted that normally the New York office handles the New York flights but didn't on this particular delay. Overall, if you're on a shoestring budget you can make it work, but bring Lysol wipes and be prepared to know their rules to the T, get your bag in an overhead bin asap, and not play any games with your luggage.
RouteOrlando to New York
Date FlownNovember 2018

"worst airline I've flown"

Trip Verified | Austin to New Orleans. This is the worst airline I've flown. I honestly felt like it was a comedy of errors and every single employee looked at you like they were marginally compensated. My flight was delayed 5 hours which in itself is not so bad, it happens. No one knew where the new gate was and other passengers were leaving saying the flight was canceled. I called the airline to verify and it took the customer service agent 20 minutes just to pull up my reservation and confirm that I was leaving at 5:30 although it was already 7:30 p.m.! I felt like I was in a Saturday Night Live skit. traveling frequently I knew that the flight could have been cancelled without it being posted so I waited and sure enough, finally they posted where the new date was. when I arrived there, approached the gate agent and told them what we've been through - they looked at me like deer in the headlights. I was very kind, they just looked at me like I was lost. I literally said hello can you confirm that this is the gate? They just kind of nodded it was really really weird and I will never fly that airline again.
RouteAustin to New Orleans
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Tampa to Denver. I will never fly frontier again. We flew into Tampa for my grandpas funeral and on the way back our flight was canceled. They loaded all of us onto the plane, we sat on the runway without air conditioning for almost two hours before they unboarded us. Then we sat in the terminal for another 3hrs before our flight was canceled. It was 2am and they told us all to go downstairs for a hotel voucher, so we went downstairs and stood in line for an hour only to be handed a slip of paper that said “thanks for your feedback” with a customer service number. We slept in the airport. No apologies, no communication. Worst airline ever.
RouteTampa to Denver