Frontier Airlines

"not recommend flying Frontier"

Trip Verified | Kansas City to Orlando. My family's flight to Orlando was most unpleasant. I would not recommend flying Frontier (first time ever flying with them). The seats are uncomfortable, and baggage check is so pricey, the discounted ticket isn’t even worth not just paying more upfront and flying Southwest. You don’t even get standard complimentary beverages or snacks during the flight either, and have to order them if you want anything, no matter the length of the flight for extremely outrageous prices. We had already tacked on an extra $200 in baggage fees alone, this for bags that were carry-on sizes and were just not allowed to be considered "personal items" because they had wheels. We started out late by boarding the flight beginning 30 minutes later than scheduled, then spent another hour on the fully boarded plane sitting on the runway in Kansas City waiting to depart (for unexplained reasons). We ended up being over 2 1/2 hours later in total than what was scheduled by the time we had sat for another hour on a parked plane waiting on the runway for a terminal to become available to exit the plane in Orlando. This due to another plane having taken our plane's terminal for unloading because of our late arrival, and we could not exit until that plane and all its baggage was completely cleared and moved. We had set aside all of Sunday for traveling so that we wouldn't risk missing our first day at Disney... however, this did mean that on a Sunday night, all restaurants and delivery services were closed by the time we got our baggage claimed (which we finally did after roaming around aimlessly. Our bags had been moved to a different baggage claim terminal from what was stated when we were getting off the plane, and failed to be announced at the airport), found ground transportation, got an Uber and made it to our hotel. So we were unable to get anything to eat outside of vending machine stuff since we were without a vehicle, due to our plans to use Disney transportation throughout our stay at the park. We should have arrived in Orlando around 10:30 p.m., but did not end up getting to our hotel until after 3am. The whole thing was a terrible experience that I will never put my family or myself through ever again. The return flight back to Kansas City was with Spirit Airlines, also a first time flying with them. Their baggage fees were similar and a real slap in the face, however the flight staff was at least polite and attentive, and the seats were a lot more comfortable. We will likely fly Spirit again, but will only book it for a quick to-and-from trip so that we would only need a personal item to board with (this is the onl way anyone could possibly benefit from the money savings of booking with either of these 2 airlines). O
RouteKansas City to Orlando
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Not worth the perceived savings"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Denver. Not worth the perceived savings. I ended up paying way more in the end than if I would have booked with a reputable airline from the beginning. Keep in mind that Frontier is almost guaranteed to be the furthest concourse and furthest gate from the entrance so if you do risk it, give yourself way more time than with a normal airline. Also, the price is misleading as the ticket price doesn’t include a carry-on. So tag on $45 to the ticket price. Be very aware of your booking time as well. They will use the time 12:59 AM which looks like the night of the day you want to travel but it’s actually the night before the day you want to travel. Then they will not honor the honest mistake and charge a change fee of $190. Stick with the standard airlines.
RouteAtlanta to Denver
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"find that the flight had departed"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Austin. Never fly Frontier out of San Francisco. I arrived for my flight today (Friday, January 17th) two hours early, and had issues starting with check-in. The self-check-in kiosk was old and out of date, so my credit card got stuck in the card reader, and when I finally dislodged it, the kiosk told me to "see agent." After waiting in line to check in at the terribly under-staffed counters, I went to security, only to find an excessively long TSA line. Since Frontier flies out the international terminal in SFO, you have to go through international security — in my case, this meant that I got in line at 8:20 am (an hour and 20 minutes before my flight), and was still standing in line at 9:25, when boarding closed. After finally making it through security, I ran to my gate, only to find that the flight had departed (in fact, it departed slightly early). The airport staff at the gate offered to put me on the next available flight to Austin — which happened to be on Sunday, two days from now. When I asked for a refund or voucher for a future flight, I was given a phone number. When I called the phone number, I spoke to a very friendly but utterly clueless employee who told me that it was beyond her power to give me a refund, and that I should talk instead to airport staff — which of course, I had already done. After going back and forth on this a few times, several things became evident that I would not get any sort of refund or compensation for the flight, despite the fact that the TSA delay was completely beyond my control, that the Frontier staff are desperately unhelpful that I should never fly Frontier out of San Francisco again.
RouteSan Francisco to Austin
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"staff are rude unhelpful"

Trip Verified | I was trying to return from a cruise December 2019. It was a terrible experience. I was flying from Miami to Cincinnati. I am disabled. The Frontier employees I encountered are rude bossy and unhelpful. I flew down from cvg to Fort Lauderdale but the flights returning home had to be out of Miami. Cruises usually get in at 7 am. You get off most ships by 9am. I was transferred to Miami about 5 hours prior to flight home. I got in line at Frontier I tried to check my luggage. The rude ticket agent said you can’t check it now. We have nowhere to hold your luggage. I said I am disabled can’t they take it a little early. The ticket agent ordered me to go sit down. There were no empty seats. I said where should I sit. She just pointed but there was no seat. I went to go find a seat. I tapped the shoulder of a frontier employee who was walking bye me. She turned around then put her hand up no no and kept walking. She did not even know what I wanted. I never found a seat. I sat in a wheelchair for a while but was dragged out of the wheelchair by employees so I ended up sitting on the floor. I had to wait till 2 hours before the flight. I ended up with pnuemonia cause I had to sit on the floor. I never found an empty seat at Miami Airport. Frontier staff are rude unhelpful they hate their jobs.
RouteMiami to Cincinnati
Date FlownDecember 2019

"awful mess of customer service"

Not Verified | Tampa to Raleigh Durham. We have had a good trip with Frontier on our way up and they have good cabin crew. Unfortunately, the way back was just an awful mess of customer service. The Raleigh-Durham staff were kind and the cabin crew were also kind. The bad part was when after we landed into Tampa. The captain jumped onto the PA and said, "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Tampa, unfortunately, the ramp is closed". The crew should've gave out beverages. We landed at 3:17pm and didn't get off until 3:30pm. We got down to the baggage and the Frontier flight from Ohio and ours were on the same belt. Then ours disappears. Soon, the Ohio flight goes off and the flight and the ramp finally reopens. Soon, the Ramp recloses. The Frontier staffer down there was on her phone.
AircraftA320neo
RouteTampa to Raleigh Durham
Date FlownJune 2019

"extremely unhappy with this airline"

Trip Verified | Cleveland to Las Vegas. I decided to fly Frontier for the first time on January 9, 2020. The flight was decent for the price I paid for the plane ticket. After landing, I went to retrieve my luggage from baggage claim and to my dismay my clothing had been tossed carelessly into the bottom on a large bag along with my suitcase. I was able to speak with an attendant who informed me that by bag ended up like this because "I" overpacked it. I explained to her this was not the case at all since my trip would be short not to mention I had plenty of room in my bag even after packing was complete. She offers me a cheap suitcase which was not comparable to the original case claiming that was the only available case she had to switch out the original suitcase with. I refused this option and decided to weight the options of contacting customer service or just purchasing me another suitcase while in Vegas. While attempting to repack my original suitcase the attendant returned with a different suitcase that was more comparable to the original. I decided that I would take that suitcase in order to make it to my hotel. I kept my original suitcase with hopes of returning home with it for repair due to the value of the suitcase which was apart of a set. After the trip I returned to the airport to return home where I requested that my original bag be flown home at no cost due to the inconvenience. I was introduced to a manager in which she attempted to make no accommodation besides explaining to me to cost of adding another bag. After getting absolutely no where I had to pay $55 to ship back my suitcase that was handled poorly by the Frontier staff to begin with. I do not understand why I would suffer monetary discomfort due to the inconvenience created by Frontier especially considering that I had to pay to check a bag in the first place. I am extremely unhappy with this airline and they have made a first impression to last a lifetime.
RouteCleveland to Las Vegas
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"saddened by their treatment"

Trip Verified | Tampa to Grand Rapids. Somehow my son who's 7 seat got moved to a different row. I pre paid for these specific seats to ensure he was in my row with my younger daughter. Ground staff at gate whom was very nice told me to ask about switching it and that it happens. The gentleman whom was in the seat very polite with me pointed this out to the Frontier airlines that somehow this happened. He was asking for a refund for his seat. Myself I said I'd like to stay out of it I'm happy to have my son sit in the different row. Well it ended with me having to move me and my two children to the back of the plane. Paid for the other seats for a reason. It was a very hectic time in the airport and I just wanted to be left alone. It unfortunately did not end there. One of the staff was looking at my phone as I was writing an email to frontier to ask for a reimbursement on my seats. They took it upon themselves to not come and talk to me as a human being. They sat back there talking poorly about me because I wrote frontier. I was appalled. One of the other employees had stated well because this gentleman paid for his seats i said well so did I. They failed to recall this gentleman was the one whom asked for a refund which I found was reasonable but took it upon themselves to find I was the problem. I told them I was fine just splitting my son up so there was not any confrontation. I was very saddened by their treatment towards me. I found it to be very unprofessional to talk poorly about me and my family because an error on the website booking. Very saddened by all of it. My flight to Tampa was excellent. It was the cabin staff and the error on the website that really has deterred myself from ever flying frontier again.
RouteTampa to Grand Rapids
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Frontier will drive you insane"

Not Verified | Frontier is quite simply the worst airline when it comes to owning up to their mistakes and issuing any refunds. I had a flight booked out of Phoenix. They cancelled it due to maintenance problems at the last minute but I didn't know that until I got to the airport and stood in line. I had to take a shuttle up from Tucson to catch the Phoenix flight so had already spent money getting there. I stood in line trying to see how I could get from Phoenix to Bozeman on other flights, but they won't issue you a credit unless it's the next available flight. That flight required a 10 hour layover. We talked about my taking a flight two days out. I put my credit card on the table on that without being told all of the details. I hadn't realized she processed it immediately. Then I asked her when it left and found out that it departed at 5:50 in the morning. I said that I could never get a shuttle from Tucson at that time and to give me back my card and 'undo' the ticket. She understood. I got home and saw in my email that the new reservation went through. I called them immediately the day it had been made and was told that they would not refund my money even though I was at the counter when I asked for the reservation to be reversed. To be frank, I wasn't even sure that a new reservation had been made because we were still talking about whether that new flight would meet my needs when the reservationist must have put it through. I left the airport and got another shuttle back down to Tucson. I called Frontier 4 times. Their customer service goes through a foreign country where accents are hard to understand. I wrote them twice. Working with them is like hitting your head against a brick wall. They then told me to drive all the way from Tucson to Phoenix to speak to someone (who they couldn't say) and for whom they had no phone number. Why would anyone do that? Frontier will drive you insane when there is a problem. They don't want to give any refunds under any circumstances. They are a horrible company for customer service.
RoutePhoenix to Bozeman via Tucson
Date FlownDecember 2019

"the worst customer service experience"

Trip Verified | This was by far the worst customer service experience I have ever had with any company airline or otherwise. I cancelled a flight in order to purchase a flight that would get me into Vegas at a specific time so I could meet a client. I paid $10 more for the new flight. The new flight with Frontier was delayed 3 hours. I missed my client and money in my pocket. Frustrated I explained this to the check in desk and asked if there was anything I could do. The agent literally ignored me, didn’t so much as look at me, and printed a boarding pass and told me to have a nice day. I explained I was already checked in and explained the situation again. She was so rude and disrespectful and asked if I wanted a full refund and I thought sure that would be nice. As she was going about doing that I could tell by her attitude and body language something wasn’t right. I asked so does that mean I won’t be on this flight? She said yes and continued to cancel my booking without telling me she was going to! I said no I still need to get on the flight I’m just asking if there is anything you can do to get me there sooner. She was sarcastic and rude and so disrespectful in her manners and responses. I was disgusted because I was simply asking very standard questions. I left and went to my gate. Waited three hours, spent $50 on a chicken sandwich and glass of wine. As we began boarding I noticed the same agent was the boarding agent. There was a commotion at the front of the line and I saw that there was a family asking her questions and she was repeating the same thing to them over and over again without looking at any of them. I knew that she was at least 10 years my junior and probably 20 years younger than the father she was treating so rudely. The family looked frustrated and insulted and finally gave up. As I boarded the plane and I kid you not she took my ticket and started yelling sarcastically over and over again for me to have a nice day. I couldn’t get a word in edgewise. All of her co-workers stopped to stare. It was humiliating. I landed in Vegas at midnight and after all that couldn’t bring myself to wait for an Uber so I sprung for a cab costing another $23. All in all I spent almost $100 for a $56 flight that cost me my time, a client, humiliation, and money in my pocket and for what? No reason at all. I understand flights get delayed but in my experience any other airline would at least offer an apology or try to help in some way shape or form. Not this one. Never again. I will never ever fly Frontier again.
RouteLos Angeles to Las Vegas
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Never will I ever fly Frontier again"

Trip Verified | Minneapolis to Denver . Never in my life have I been more upset an an airline. I originally purchased my tickets on a whim to see my partner for a short excursion. The tickets were just over $100 so it felt like a steal. Instead, when I arrived at the the airport I discovered, much to my surprise, that the dates had been changed two some random time later in the month. To clarify: I had selected a specific dates, visually checked to make sure the dates and other info was correct then pushed the button to confirm. I did everything in my power to make sure I selected the right flight. But I guess that isn't enough for Frontier, oh no. And as much as I wanted to just walk right out the door, these were the only dates available so I had no choice but to pay nearly $400 for what was originally a $120, all while the lady behind the counter told me I needed to "smile more" because I was lucky enough to get a seat. Never will I ever fly Frontier again and if you're smart neither will you. Take Spirit Airlines, at least they don't ask you to be happy while they nickle and dime you.
RouteMinneapolis to Denver