Frontier Airlines

"nothing but rudeness"

Not Verified |   I was driven to the airport by a family member and apparently got to the San Juan airport late the morning of January 30, 2024. I'm also unable to walk fast as I am disabled. I am in my upper 70s. I've never felt so humiliated and stressed with the way I was treated in the San Juan airport by Frontier staff. They couldn't find my flight information and said I will not make my flight and there was no other flights that day and there's nothing they can do. I was shocked as now I found myself alone at that airport. I had even paid for insurance when I had purchased my ticket. I tried so hard to get them to help me but they told me to leave the airport. I had to purchase a new ticket to fly out at midnight. Now I see my credit card charged for the two flights on the same day. I called frontier and nothing but rudeness. I had my daughter call and they hung up on her. What is going on with Frontier employees? Whatever happened to Customer Service?? By reading up on their reviews I see nothing good. I wish I would have read them before I chose them to travel. Thankfully my credit card is on this to fix the problem. I am now flying to Florida next month on another airline. M
RouteSan Juan to Philadelphia

"avoid this airline"

Not Verified |   My significant other had knee replacement surgery and ended up having complications and our trip was no longer possible. Dealing with Frontier was a nightmare. You can't call anyone. So I drove to the Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport to talk with an agent in-person and was told they could not help me, that I had to talk with someone on-line to change my reservation. The on-line chat was slow and very hard to use for detailed communication about rescheduling the flight. As I was unable to get reliable assistance to reschedule I canceled the flights for both of us and am now trying to obtain a refund from the travel insurance agency. In addition, I found inexpensive Frontier flights on-line for our new travel dates but was not given those flights as options when I went to reschedule. It would have cost me $1076 to reschedule our flights so it was cheaper to cancel and lose $500. To say travel with Frontier is risky is an understatement. No amount of money saved was worth the stress and hassle of nearly absent customer service. I will say that the staff I had direct interaction with were friendly and very apologetic but completely unable to assist me. Do yourself a favor and avoid this airline.
RouteMinneapolis to Orlando
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"charged $100 for each backpack"

Not Verified | The flight from MSP to DEN was delayed by 2 hours, and the return flight from DEN to MSP was delayed by 2 hours. These delays significantly inconvenienced my travel plans. To add to my frustration, we were charged $100 for each backpack at the gate in Denver, even though these backpacks were allowed for free in Minneapolis and easily fit under the seat in front of us on the plane. I have used these backpacks as personal items on many flights before without any issues. Not only did the gate agent charge us more than the stated $70 per bag at the airport, but they were also incredibly rude and unhelpful when we sought a refund. We were instructed to contact Frontier for resolution. Furthermore, the delay on the return flight from DEN to MSP was attributed to "customer service needs," which I strongly believe was caused by the gate agents charging numerous customers for their personal items, creating unnecessary delays. This experience has been incredibly disappointing, and it has left a lasting negative impression on me. I have always appreciated various airlines' services during my domestic and international travels, but I have never encountered such a disheartening experience. I am committed to sharing my unfortunate experience with Frontier Airlines and will discourage others from choosing your airline in the future.
RouteMinneapolis to Denver
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"hate Frontier Airlines with passion"

Not Verified |   Arrived at Orlando 2 hours early. Had 1 bag to check. The line for this was longer than I'd ever seen anywhere in over 30 years of flying. By the time we got to the front of the line we missed the cutoff and were refused service. Had to rebook to Detroit for additional 200 dollars. I am furious and now hate Frontier Airlines with passion. I also have to get from DTW to GRR on my dime. So sad I tried to save a couple bucks and got screwed. Did I mention the bag checking was understaffed and a bit rude? Do yourself a favor and avoid frontier.
RouteOrlando to Grand Rapids
Date FlownFebruary 2024

“the last time I fly with them”

Not Verified | Never experienced such a frustrating experience with any airline as I have with Frontier. Unfortunately todays experience will be the last time I fly with them. Individuals want to be treated responsibly and respectfully. I’ve only ever wrote a few google reviews but felt compelled to let other potential passengers know of my experience. Frontier sends you an email reminder to check in. The email has a hyperlink that connects you to their internet based online check in. Upon two days of trying to check in online my family gets to the airport goes to the ticketing counter and the associates refuse to provide any assistance whatsoever. Stating they only serve customers who have checked in. I explain again I’ve repeatedly tried and then literally show the associate how their system gets stuck in the check in process when you don’t check or carry on a bag. They push me aside and say you’ll have to continue to try and please step out of line. I do so frustratingly. I request a supervisor. None come. I wait. Ask again if they could assist or get a supervisor. A different associate says that getting a supervisor will be difficult. I wait. I wait more. Now I’m irritated. No one comes. I finally come to the realization that I may not be able to check in even though they’ve already collected my payment via their online system. So I figured I’ll try and attempt to get the Frontier app. The app did get me checked in just in time. I find disheartening that their website and associates say to check in online via the internet. The saddest part was the lack of assistance from the various Frontier associates.
RouteOrlando to Philadelphia

"Annoyed customer"

Trip Verified | Do not buy tickets from them no matter how cheap they are. You will be responsible for $73.99 to have a carryon or $99 at the airport. I paid for the carryon because it had my clothes, how ironic they would charge. Go with Priceline. I didn't due to no flights at the time. With Priceline most airlines allow 2 carryons at no charge. Took them 3 hrs to get me my e-ticket. You get what you pay for. Annoyed customer.
RouteDenver to Houston
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"shutting down the Frontier credit card"

Trip Verified | I've been a United Airlines fan for years, but recently got hooked into Frontier because of needing to fly DEN to STL for a year. I made the mistake of signing up for their credit card. Similar to their flights, it looked like an amazing deal. After a few months of winding through the Frontier maze of add-on charges and loopholes and restrictions, and never getting the miles from the credit card (with mafioso interest rate ), then comparing the actual cost for a flight with United (which makes everything so simple and easy and clear and fair) it turns out the cost is only a bit higher with United. And I get to keep my sanity. And I'm shutting down the Frontier credit card that never gave me the miles it promised. I like life without feeling scammed. And I'm willing to pay a bit more for that.
RouteDenver to St Louis
Date FlownNovember 2023

"help at counter was awful"

Not Verified | Flight was cancelled as many were because of the weather". Nobody was issued a voucher for anything, no help with finding a new flight, a motel (as we were all in a different country) nothing. The help at counter was awful and only stated What do you want us to do ?
RouteCancun to Denver
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"they nickel and dime you"

Trip Verified | Frontier Airlines is genuinely the worst airline I have ever flown. They are dishonest, deceptive, and astonishingly cheap. The best way to describe them is "bait and switch". They want to bill themselves as a budget carrier, but the way they nickel and dime you with drip pricing, you don't actually save much money. First of all, their checked bag weight limit is 40 lbs, 10 lbs less than other carriers. And even one pound over triggers a $100 overweight fee. You get no carryon with your ticket, so that's another nearly $100 for a single carryon if you do so at the counter. They will keep you off the plane if you don't pay this, even refuse to print a boarding pass. All snacks are paid for on the flight, including non-alcoholic drinks. I paid almost $5 for a 12 oz can of club soda. Other items were similarly outrageously priced, and there was no menu so I had to ask about everything and the price. Everything on board was tiny, from the tray tables that were smaller than my hand to the bathroom, which was so small that when I was sitting on the toilet, my knees were pressed against one another and I'm not a big guy. The seats were almost on top of one another to cram as many people in as possible and didn't even have the option to recline the slightest amount. There was one incredibile person on the flight. Most of the flight crew were basically robots who did the job with little attention paid to the actual humans they were supposed to be helping. The person at the gate who gate checked my baby stroller didn't tell me what I should do with all the paperwork they gave me, so I had to juggle a baby, stroller, paperwork, and a diaper bag at the plane entrance to do something I could have prepped more comfortably if they gave me actual instructions. This is worse than famously terrible Spirit Airlines. A wretched experience that I am not looking forward to repeating on the way home, but they've already stolen so much from me and would take even more to change flights that I can't afford to get literally any other carrier. The worst part is that, considering the overwhelming number of bad reviews and the fact that they still exist, this will only have a minimal effect. .
RouteOrlando to Denver
Date FlownJanuary 2024

“customer service is an absolute joke”

Trip Verified | Frontier may be the worst airline. When you search for flights they come in 100-150$ cheeped than United or Delta or any respectable airline. They charge you to choose your seat, pay for check bags and carry-ons. Then they charge you $25 to put on a bag tag to show where your bag is going. The seat on the plane a very little to no cushion. They don’t recline. If you are on a flight over 2 hours it’s very uncomfortable. The customer service is an absolute joke. Terrible is to good of a word to describe it. No one will pick up a phone and talk to you it’s all through text. They will then ask you to email them details about a problem and don’t respond as promised.
RouteCincinnati to Miami