Frontier Airlines

"not book with them again"

Trip Verified | I wouldn’t recommend this airline, its cheaper but you paid for it one way or another. On May 15, 2019 I had a layover in Denver, I get to the gate A52 it a 30 minutes delay flight was supposed leave at 10:35 pm flight 751. Frontier overbooked the flight ask 5 people to give up their seats for one nite stay in hotel and $400 travel voucher. We boarded onto a hot plane with no air and no pilots to start the plane to turn on the air - that plane felt like 100 degree. People were complaining about the air I will not book with them again. The flight was rough from Denver to Phoenix.
RouteDenver to Phoenix
Date FlownMay 2019

"Excellent and friendly service"

Trip Verified | St Louis to Orlando. Excellent and friendly service both on the ground and in the air. Staff have always been polite and enthusiastic about attending to customers. Out of 10 flights with Frontier, only 2 flights have been delayed by a couple of hours. That means that 80% of the time, flights are on time. And I should definitely point out that the two times that the flights were delayed, I have gotten compensated. I had a 2 hour delay, and I got a $20 voucher. Then, I had a 3 hour delay, and I got a $50 voucher without even complaining to customer service! No other airline does that! The rates are incredibly affordable. Frontier's tickets have made my long distance relationship a lot closer than what it actually is. I just happen to be in one of the nonstop routes, which is why I get such affordable and convenient flights. The Den's Deal is Amazing! I paid $50 to become a member for a year, and within one year I have saved more than $100. This means that the Den's Deal was paid off. The customer service folks are extremely friendly as well. Whenever I call, I don't have to wait more than 5 minutes to be transferred to an agent, and their knowledge and expertise is exceptional. I absolutely love the emails with the promo codes that they send on a weekly basis, and I think their "kids fly for free" and "friends fly for free" programs are the best thing an airlines can do! The Frontier App for iPhone is extremely well-made, everything we need is in there, and we can even get boarding passes to our Apple Wallet. Also, the fact that the airplane liveries have animals on the tails and winglets is the most adorable thing an airline has ever done. My dad, my mom, and my boyfriend all agree with me that Frontier is an excellent airline. Overall, I am extremely satisfied, and I cannot emphasize how grateful I am with this airline! I wish people would appreciate this airline as much as I do because it definitely has the potential to beat its competitors (for select routes).
RouteSt Louis to Orlando

"Terrible information"

Trip Verified | Salt Lake City to Las Vegas via San Francisco. Terrible information on purchasing the flight, did not know I had to pay additional fees for a carry on, had a 20 hour layover and after the layover was asked to pay for carry on again! Flight was an hour and a half late, and the soda or beverage would have cost me an additional 4 bucks! Not cool Frontier.
RouteSalt Lake City to Las Vegas via San Francisco
Date FlownMay 2019

"service counter was very nice"

Not Verified | Denver to New Orleans. The young man, Daniel, in the New Orleans airport at the service counter was very nice, friendly, smiling and was very helpful with our checkin! I wasn’t very pleased with the airline changing my flight several times. But they accommodated us with taking care of our baggage fees. Not pleased that they nickel and dime you for everything and luggage fees are over priced!
RouteDenver to New Orleans

"incompetent airline"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Punta Cana. Frontier had officially given me my worst experience as a customer. For starters, my luggage never made it to Punta Cana so they provided me with $75 a day clothing allowance until I get my bag. I had to provide receipts for every purchase. For 3 days shopping I had to provide $120 out of my pocket for taxis which don't provide receipts and $140 in clothes receipts to possibly get refunded. On day 4 of my trip, they found my luggage in Denver and asked if I want it sent to the house or returned home. First of all, I flew international so how did my luggage get sent to Denver and since I spent hours shopping before my vacation, I chose to have them send my clothes. For the second time during my vacation, they lost my luggage again. I gave them the receipts of my clothes and phone charger at the Frontier desk in Punta Cana and they lost them. My baggage just came in today 2 days after my trip. They apologized and offered me a $150 travel voucher for my inconvenience. What a joke. I hope this is enough to deter anyone from using this incompetent airline and getting treated so poorly. I hope they figure out that is not how you treat first time customers and expect return business. I hope this will help in making airline decisions. P.S. I paid over $1000 for 2 round trip tickets to get treated like this. Buyer beware!!!
RouteChicago to Punta Cana
Date FlownMay 2019

"delayed 3 times then canceled"

Trip Verified | Buffalo to Orlando. When it was time to return to my home town, my flight was delayed 3 times then canceled 1 minute after I got a “delay” email. The customer service was terrible. They would not book me another flight home, they would not give me my money back, nor would they accommodate me and my Family having to pay for our own hotel! They also threatened to have me arrested because I was asking to many questions! Gave me two minutes to get out of Line and leave their section at the airport! Over $800 wasted on frontier airlines. We had to stay another 3 days at the airport and no food nor vouchers for us to eat!
RouteBuffalo to Orlando

"flight was horrendous"

Trip Verified | Islip to Orlando. Not even for free will I fly this airline again. The ground crew were very accommodating but the flight was horrendous. After I made my reservations I wound up in a walking boot due to a foot injury. No issues at all, provided wheel chairs and moved my seats to front of the plane upon request. I knew not to expect internet, food, etc. as it was a no frills airline. So no issues there. Flight to Islip went without a hitch, seats not as comfortable as other airlines but also paid half price of other options. Flight back to Florida, now that is where the issues began. At 1:15 am the day of the flight I receive a text that the flight was to be delayed 8 hours. Our 12:55 flight now scheduled for 8:55pm. No explanation, no other options. Fortunately, we have family near airport so dropped off rental car and was picked up. While there I went to Frontier counter to speak to rep to see if anything had changed and what were the chances the flight would be canceled. Of course no answers. Only that the next flight out was on Thursday, it was only Monday. The other options, maybe, would be another flight in the am although not scheduled or a voucher up to 500.00 for another airline. In the meantime, left in the dark. Well the flight that was now scheduled for 9:07 finally departed at 10pm and arrived in Orlando at 1am. The flight crew was a joke, never have I seen such an unprofessional group of flight attendance. They talked the entire flight with another group of flight attendants they were apparently returning to Orlando. We were sitting in row 2, the other flight attendants in row 1. They complained about their day and yadda yadda yadda the entire flight. I was so exhausted I managed to sleep for 2 hours.
RouteIslip to Orlando
Date FlownMay 2019

"Worse flight ever been on"

Not Verified | Worse flight ever been on, where to start, changed our flight plans more then once, no internet, no movies, no food unless you want to pay 4 dollars for a can of soda or more. Was on the plan from Orlando to Salt Lake, a 4 hour trip lasted all day, from 4 PM till mid night with one layover (which was delayed half hour)and one stop where I had to wait on the plane for an hour with a baby while the airline was getting ready for new quests. Finally got to my destination to come to find out that they lost my baby's car seat. You pay 50.00 for all bags including carry on. If you are looking for complimentary there will be none on this airline.
RouteOrlando to Salt Lake City via Sioux city
Date FlownMay 2019

"never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Denver. Don't fly with them if you do have work. You have to have plenty of time for waiting without notice. I flew from DCA to LAX and have one stop at DIA. Both flight was delayed one hour each. That's so terrible. Believe it or not my flight back from LAX to DCA was delayed again! Plus, they don't have complimentary snack or beverage (no water too). The seat is not comfy at all. No WiFi, no screen and no any entertainment. I could say that I will never fly with them again. If you already booked the tickets, I wish you luck.
RouteLos Angeles to Denver
Date FlownMay 2019

"no one was rude or unwilling"

Trip Verified | Buffalo to Orlando. Travelled Frontier for the first time this week with 2 other adults and 2 children. Flight ended up costing more than expected but still less than major airlines. Both flights were on-time, had no trouble boarding or deplaning, some employees were less cheerful than others but no one was rude or unwilling to assist. I've read many bad reviews about this airline, but I cannot say that our experience was negative.
RouteBuffalo to Orlando