Frontier Airlines

"describe the nightmare"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Philadelphia via San Antonio. Where do I begin to describe the nightmare that is Frontier Airlines. I booked a flight 2wks ago to leave Las Vegas and travel to Philadelphia. The flight I bought had me on Frontier Airlines from Las Vegas to San Antonio and after a 3hr layover in San Antonio I was supposed to board a flight (still with Frontier) and proceed to my destination to Philly. I was supposed to arrive in Philadelphia yesterday which was Thursday night (10/18) and stay through Sunday. The airline to take me home was American Airlines. While typing this message I’m in San Antonio and it’s Friday 10/19. I never boarded the plane to take me to philly because Frontier canceled the flight. When the plane arrived they made an announcement that the pilot is requesting for a new tire and it would be about an hour wait to get the tire. Two hours later they announced that finally they would start boarding the plane in 18min from that moment. Twenty minute later they announced that they would start boarding 15min from that moment and then 10min later they announced they were canceling the flight all together because the paper work regarding the tire swap was going to take too long. Well all hell broke loose from there. People were upset (understandably) however the Frontier ticket agents were rude and without a sincere apologetic tone as they hand us a print out that explains Frontiers canceled flight policy. First option is to just get a full refund and find your own way home. The amount of you refund to be mailed to you within a week or two. The second option was to purchase a new ticket with another airline and Frontier would reimburse up to $500 for your new ticket later by sending you a check in the mail after you email them your receipt that you bought another ticket. This all happened at night so of course they brought up that if we had to get a hotel room then we’d have to come out of pocket for that and they would reimburse but only up to $150 for a hotel room also to be sent later by way of a check in the mail. Unfortunately for me, this was my first Frontier flight, I had never flown with them before. And while I understand that things happen like the plane and the tire issue, it’s my opinion that Frontier should have a better policy as to how they assist their customers in the event of a cancelation that outside of bad weather. We’re all not rich and all don’t have $500 or more to buy a flight on the spot to get to where we need to go within 24 to 48hrs.. All flights out with other airlines started at over $500 and only went up from there. At the moment I’m sitting at the airport in San Antonio, having been here for 24hrs now wondering how I get home simply because I’m one of the unlucky ones who’s bank account isn’t cushioned enough to purchase a $500 or more plane ticket out of here. Additionally, the portion of the money for my American Airlines flight home from Philly back to Vegas is now gone down the drain all thanks to Frontier a Airlines. Thanks for nothing Frontier!! To who ever is reading this.. If your considering this airline then don't. Your money would be better off spent with an airline that treats their customers better in the event of an emergency and there are airlines with better canceled flight policies that won’t cause YOU the customer more money and more headache to be taken care of should a series of events happen that are beyond you control.
RouteLas Vegas to San Antonio
Date FlownOctober 2018

"worst airline I have flown"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to LaGuardia. Frontier is the worst airline I have flown. I will never fly with them again. And considering this was my other family member’s first time flying, I guarantee they will never fly again considering this disaster. The plane was disgusting. They did not clean between flights. Our flight was delayed hours, which set our entire trip back a whole day! With no accommodations. Literally did not even apologize for the delay. Asides from that, you have to pay an extra $100 in baggage. You even have to pay for a carry on which is absurd! Considering the flight delay I at least would have been greatful for a comp on my baggage, nope.
RouteAtlanta to LaGuardia
Date FlownOctober 2018

"cancelled my flight at 3am"

Trip Verified | Minneapolis to Austin. Frontier cancelled my flight at 3am the day of my flight and although they offered a refund of my ticket they did not compensate me or help me find a flight through a different airline. I was left paying for a $310 flight that didn’t arrive until 4 am the next morning. It caused a massive inconvenience for me from a time and financial standpoint. It should be illegal for an airline to put people in this situation. As a physician frontier directly affected my ability to care for my patients and that is truly unforgiveable.
RouteMinneapolis to Austin
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Do not fly with this airline"

Trip Verified | Denver to San Jose. Do not fly this airline. It is not "low fare" - there are fees for literally everything! Want to sit next to your friend or significant other on the way? That will cost you $15 to $30 per seat each way depending on the part of the plane you select. Want to check a bag? That will cost you $40 each way. How about a carry-on bag? Another $40 each way. So, on top of my original fare, I paid $320 to get 2 seat assignments each way, 2 checked bags each way and 2 carry-on items each way. On top of that, my flight home was delayed. Initially, the delay was about 20 minutes. But, once we were boarded, we were on the plane for 4 HOURS! Just sitting on the tarmac (btw, their seats are the most uncomfortable seats I've ever experienced on a plane - almost no padding/cushion). The first issue was some part was frozen/stuck underneath the plane - so they had to fix that. We finally left the gate to taxi to the deicing area. Once the plane was deiced (almost 2 hours after the original departure time) they realized that the cockpit door was not closed appropriately. We then had to taxi all the way back to the gate and wait for them to fix the cockpit door. After that, we again taxi'd back to the deicing area. The entire process, before we actually took-off, lasted 4 hours. To make matters worse, they lost my checked bag. They do not have a scanning/tracking system, which is pretty scary. They told me to come back the next day to see if my bag comes from the next flight from Denver to San Jose. Sure enough, my bag arrived almost a day after I arrived. The funny part, Frontier emailed me even after I received my bag, to apologize, that they are not able to locate it. They still think my bag is lost. Do not fly with this airline. The absolute worst - I thought I'd seen it all.
AircraftAirbus A320
RouteDenver to San Jose
Date FlownOctober 2018

"will never fly Frontier again"

Not Verified | Philadelphia to New Orleans. Do not fly Frontier. In a span of about 1 month we dealt with a cancelled flight from Philly, a 3 hour delay in Philly, and a cancelled flight from New Orleans. The reimbursement does not cover the flights we had to find to get to our destination. Totally ridiculous. We will never fly Frontier again.
RoutePhiladelphia to New Orleans
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Avoid this airline like the plague"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Charleston. Return flight home was cancelled 3 hours before takeoff. Had to frantically locate another flight for 4, delay of 12 hours, additional flight cost of $1600, $48 extra day for car rental, and Frontier (via email) gave me $50 coupon for my next Frontier flight. Avoid this airline like the plague.
RoutePhiladelphia to Charleston
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Never use Frontier Airlines"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Punt Cana. I'm going to make this real short, I've used Cheap Caribbean for many trips especially to the Dominican Republic. I recently booked a trip to Punta Cana and got a "GREAT DEAL' , however to keep the cost down they used Frontier Airlines. Not knowing their reputation did not think twice. We showed up at the Philadelphia desk over a hour before the flight was boarding. There were three couples trying to board including my wife and myself. The clerk states that We are late and that we can board the plane however not our luggage and that it would get there three days later. Obviously this was not a viable option, so we asked for the supervisor. The supervisor arrives about twenty minutes later, and said if my lead person says your late that's it. I asked how late were and she said 6 minutes but then she let the one couple board with luggage because the clerk then told the supervisor that we were not late, however we were all standing there together. I cannot believe I am even writing this write now , but I truly want people to know what a horrible experience we had . Needless to say we did not make our trip. Please be aware of the flights that you choose with Cheap Caribbean, it's well worth it to pay a little more for a piece of mind. Never use Frontier Airlines.
RoutePhiladelphia to Punt Cana

"Goodbye forever Frontier"

Trip Verified | This is a general review of Frontier Airlines. If you are a no nonsense flier that wants to get from point A to point B and you only travel with nothing more than a school sized backpack, and on that flight you enjoy rigid seats with a tablet sized tray table and no accommodations, then Frontier is for you. For the rest, Frontiers hidden fees when it comes to baggage check, and paying for overpriced beverages on the flight instantly makes them a no go. The service is nothing to gloat about and the aircraft are dirty and unwelcoming. Frontier has encouraged me to finally get a Southwest Airlines credit card because I will pay the extra $50 to be treated with respect and a valued customer. Goodbye forever Frontier.
RouteWashington to Denver
Date FlownOctober 2018

"rest of the flight was fine"

Not Verified | Portland to Denver via Oklahoma City. I bought my ticket before reviewing Frontier. I went to the airport stressed because of all the bad reviews. I just knew the flights would have issues. The first leg of the flight was on a 45 min delay. (That has happened to me before so no big deal.) I was warned through email for weeks and again at the airport to purchase a carry on ticket (You are allowed a personal item, but the size limit is pretty small. My purse barely made the cut off.) Once we were all seated and ready to go the flight attendants notice a man trying to sneak his bag on. Needless to say they told him he needed to get off the plane and pay for the bag or not fly. He made a big scene about it. The attendants were very nice about it, the police had to come and remove him. The rest of the flight was fine. The second leg of my flight was fine. One of the attendants really loved her job and was very nice. The seats are a little small. You have to pay for and drinks or snacks (card only). Other than the mishap on the first flight all was well.
RoutePortland to Denver via Oklahoma City
Date FlownOctober 2018

"cancel flights without notice"

Trip Verified | Trenton to Charleston. I would not recommend Frontier Airlines. I wanted to like it so much with their route from Charleston to Trenton. Price was great. Until Wednesday 10/3 arrived. Flight delayed an hour, I can accept that. Arriving in Trenton was great, front & rear doors open as soon as you land. Then, I push the door open at the airport & put my hand right into a fresh bloody handprint. I assumed it was a Halloween decoration. Not. Luckily my ride had hand sanitizer. But still not a deal breaker. Now to Wednesday 10/10. Here’s when the nightmare begins. Plane supposed to leave at 9:30. I get a text at 9:18 saying delayed til 12. Then 5 mins later I get another text saying it’s now only delayed til 10:45. Nobody there to ask, but there are plenty of flies. You’re crammed in the basement with another flight that is also delayed. No where to sit for hours. Finally take off at 12:30. We get to Charleston only to be stuck on the tarmac over an hour because no frills airlines have to wait for a gate. They cancel flights without notice frequently, so beware. One & done for me. Too bad
RouteTrenton to Charleston