Frontier Airlines

Customer rating from 1948 reviews

"these people are very money hungry"

Trip Verified | I booked my flight on the 27th of April, and wanted to cancel my reservation because we ended up renting a car for our trip. The website didnt work at all to cancel, so I had to call. Let me just say, their "first time" policy to charge $39 per person 59-7 days, 60+ days ahead is free and you can only get it free if you purchased your tickets through their WORKS program. Long story short, these people are very money hungry and dont care at all what your situation is. Please read the reviews before you book with Frontier. The cheap ticket comes with all the hidden fee they dont tell you about if you dont read their policy.
RouteLos Angeles to Phoenix
Date FlownMay 2021

"They are not family friendly"

Trip Verified | Flight attendant was rude and slapped my leg to get my attention instead of being polite. She also refused to let me help my toddler use the restroom and expected me to leave my 4-month-old baby on the seat 18 rows back so I could go into the restroom with my 3-year-old. Reaching out to their customer service was a waste of time. They are not family friendly and do not care about passengers.
RouteDenver to Philadelphia
Date FlownApril 2021

"it is absolutely not worth it"

Trip Verified | Never in my life have I ever felt this compelled to make several reviews in different sites to speak out about my terrible service! They nickel and dime you, it is absolutely not worth it. If I can give 0 stars and never ever experience this company ever again I will. This was those terrible life lessons that taught me to pay good money upfront to avoid secret fees and hassles. Bottom line, you will end up paying far more than what you were trying to avoid paying. Also for us to be in a pandemic and shoved like sardines next to strangers with no way to really social distance was crazy. How are you going to enforce masks but not all the other rules. Also my friend flew down to meet me and used Delta and his experience was different, they actually gave people space in between strangers for safety measures, something Frontier did not care to do because they are about milking as many people as possible than people's health and safety. Their seats are super uncomfortable. Also unless your bag is a purse you're gonna pay for it. I will absolutely warn everyone and make sure everyone who will travel in the future never uses this company.
Aircraft2374
RoutePhiladelphia, PA to Tampa, FL
Date FlownApril 2021

"not be flying with Frontier again"

Not Verified | Traveling for the first time with our newborn. Upon arrival they told us the flight was pretty empty so we were happy as we didn’t have to worry if our child was crying. While trying to board, the man checking our tickets did not see our stroller had a tag and proceeded to sigh and say “how did you not put a tag on stroller jeez”. After boarding the plane, the stewardess, proceeded to yell at me in front of other passengers, my wife and child for putting my carry on bag in the above compartment which see insisted was too big. This bag had my child medication in case of an emergency and I tried expressing this to the stewardess and she said it doesn’t matter. You can check it or I’ll throw you off this plane. Again, this is our first time flying with our newborn child during a pandemic in an semi empty plane. Our stress was at an all time high. There was also another young gentlemen who was moved to the front after this happened and allowed him to put his huge bags directly in our spots to spite us and laughed about. As a man in business, the way you talk to and treat a customer is everything, especially in front of others. Many people told me I can’t believe the way she spoke to you and your family. We will not be flying with Frontier again and are looking for a different flight for the way home. To top it all off the stewardess parents were sitting right in front of us and proceeded to move them to an empty area of the plane because she said you don’t need to be by a crying baby, this was what really broke our hearts. Flight 617 from Myrtle beach SC to Denver CO.
RouteMyrtle Beach, SC to Denver, CO
Date FlownApril 2021

"Will never fly Frontier again"

Trip Verified | Will never fly Frontier again. Starting with the prepaid baggage fee of $47 for one checked bag, then the rude flight attendant who upon boarding asked that I pull up my face mask which was covering both my nose and mouth, and then asked again mid flight while I was eating a snack that I brought because of course they don't give away anything for free. The only option of any refreshments was a $3.99 water. If you would like to charge your phone or anything else do it before boarding, frontier doesn't provide that either. The seats are horribly uncomfortable, they do not recline and are nothing but hard plastic covered with vinyl. This was a full flight coming back from Cancun to Denver (4 hour flight), the front bathrooms were not working so everyone was lined up for the rear bathrooms even the captain had to make the walk to the back for the restroom. The flight attendant that was making the announcements was horrible, not only could you not understand most of what was being said,. When the captain spoke he was clear and easily understood. Every time she would speak you could hear many people saying "what language is she speaking", "is she underwater", "is she covering up the mic", "whats wrong with this woman".
RouteCancun to Denver

"forced to pay for it"

Trip Verified | The worst experience ever. Had a personal item and was forced to pay for it. When I left Boston fine with my personal item. The two ladies working the boarding area was rude and mean! Didn't take the time to listen, all they wanted was $. Already paid for flight and seat, now personal item?
RouteMiami to Boston
Date FlownApril 2021

"paid extra for the perks package"

Trip Verified | Stewardess made me place my carry on farther back on the plane even though I was in row 2. Late to get moving, all flight attendants were giving different passengers different answer to questions. I paid extra for the perks package and don't understand what value I got. On the way to my destination I not get preferred boarding and on the way back I was inconvenienced about baggage I paid for.
RouteOrlando to Chicago

"Didn’t honor a refund"

Trip Verified | Didn’t honor a refund. I wasn’t able to get my bags checked due to the extremely long lines, so I missed my flight. They didn’t have anything else going out until Thursday. Ended up paying over $500 for another ticket on American flight. Frontier will not comp any future tickets or give me a refund, horrible customer service.
RouteOrlando to Denver via Wichita
Date FlownApril 2021

"Frontier really couldn't care less"

Not Verified | I wrote a letter to Frontier about how their customer service manager at Denver airport lacks the personality and sympathy for people who have been traveling and waiting at airports for half a day. Also if they are going to change gates on travelers, don't depend on a muffled airport loud speaker to notify travelers of something as important as gate changes. Use the monitor at the gate to notify us of important changes. Other reviewers are correct, based on the customer service manager who handled our situation, Frontier really couldn't care less if their travelers spend the night at the airport. Which we did. Frontier's letter to us stated that they came up "a bit short" on handling our flight with them. Using the words "a bit short" after they changed gates on us without adequate notice is like saying someone on a hunger strike is "a bit hungry". That letter truly shows they have no clue on how to work with the public. Nor do they really care. Well maybe "just a bit". Now is the time to use social media to voice our dismay on this airline.
RouteDes Moines to Orange County via Denver
Date FlownApril 2021

"No refund, rude customer service"

Trip Verified | I got sick at boarding, I couldn’t take my flight. I was given a refund for the departure flight. When I received my confirmation for the return flight I call Frontier to let them know I tested positive for covid and I didn’t even need the flight due to me never boarding my departure flight. No refund, rude customer service and I am sure they never alerted all the other passengers that they had been exposed to covid.
RouteDenver to Atlanta