Frontier Airlines

"cancelled my flight at 3am"

Trip Verified | Minneapolis to Austin. Frontier cancelled my flight at 3am the day of my flight and although they offered a refund of my ticket they did not compensate me or help me find a flight through a different airline. I was left paying for a $310 flight that didn’t arrive until 4 am the next morning. It caused a massive inconvenience for me from a time and financial standpoint. It should be illegal for an airline to put people in this situation. As a physician frontier directly affected my ability to care for my patients and that is truly unforgiveable.
RouteMinneapolis to Austin
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Do not fly with this airline"

Trip Verified | Denver to San Jose. Do not fly this airline. It is not "low fare" - there are fees for literally everything! Want to sit next to your friend or significant other on the way? That will cost you $15 to $30 per seat each way depending on the part of the plane you select. Want to check a bag? That will cost you $40 each way. How about a carry-on bag? Another $40 each way. So, on top of my original fare, I paid $320 to get 2 seat assignments each way, 2 checked bags each way and 2 carry-on items each way. On top of that, my flight home was delayed. Initially, the delay was about 20 minutes. But, once we were boarded, we were on the plane for 4 HOURS! Just sitting on the tarmac (btw, their seats are the most uncomfortable seats I've ever experienced on a plane - almost no padding/cushion). The first issue was some part was frozen/stuck underneath the plane - so they had to fix that. We finally left the gate to taxi to the deicing area. Once the plane was deiced (almost 2 hours after the original departure time) they realized that the cockpit door was not closed appropriately. We then had to taxi all the way back to the gate and wait for them to fix the cockpit door. After that, we again taxi'd back to the deicing area. The entire process, before we actually took-off, lasted 4 hours. To make matters worse, they lost my checked bag. They do not have a scanning/tracking system, which is pretty scary. They told me to come back the next day to see if my bag comes from the next flight from Denver to San Jose. Sure enough, my bag arrived almost a day after I arrived. The funny part, Frontier emailed me even after I received my bag, to apologize, that they are not able to locate it. They still think my bag is lost. Do not fly with this airline. The absolute worst - I thought I'd seen it all.
AircraftAirbus A320
RouteDenver to San Jose
Date FlownOctober 2018

"will never fly Frontier again"

Not Verified | Philadelphia to New Orleans. Do not fly Frontier. In a span of about 1 month we dealt with a cancelled flight from Philly, a 3 hour delay in Philly, and a cancelled flight from New Orleans. The reimbursement does not cover the flights we had to find to get to our destination. Totally ridiculous. We will never fly Frontier again.
RoutePhiladelphia to New Orleans
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Avoid this airline like the plague"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Charleston. Return flight home was cancelled 3 hours before takeoff. Had to frantically locate another flight for 4, delay of 12 hours, additional flight cost of $1600, $48 extra day for car rental, and Frontier (via email) gave me $50 coupon for my next Frontier flight. Avoid this airline like the plague.
RoutePhiladelphia to Charleston
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Never use Frontier Airlines"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Punt Cana. I'm going to make this real short, I've used Cheap Caribbean for many trips especially to the Dominican Republic. I recently booked a trip to Punta Cana and got a "GREAT DEAL' , however to keep the cost down they used Frontier Airlines. Not knowing their reputation did not think twice. We showed up at the Philadelphia desk over a hour before the flight was boarding. There were three couples trying to board including my wife and myself. The clerk states that We are late and that we can board the plane however not our luggage and that it would get there three days later. Obviously this was not a viable option, so we asked for the supervisor. The supervisor arrives about twenty minutes later, and said if my lead person says your late that's it. I asked how late were and she said 6 minutes but then she let the one couple board with luggage because the clerk then told the supervisor that we were not late, however we were all standing there together. I cannot believe I am even writing this write now , but I truly want people to know what a horrible experience we had . Needless to say we did not make our trip. Please be aware of the flights that you choose with Cheap Caribbean, it's well worth it to pay a little more for a piece of mind. Never use Frontier Airlines.
RoutePhiladelphia to Punt Cana

"Goodbye forever Frontier"

Trip Verified | This is a general review of Frontier Airlines. If you are a no nonsense flier that wants to get from point A to point B and you only travel with nothing more than a school sized backpack, and on that flight you enjoy rigid seats with a tablet sized tray table and no accommodations, then Frontier is for you. For the rest, Frontiers hidden fees when it comes to baggage check, and paying for overpriced beverages on the flight instantly makes them a no go. The service is nothing to gloat about and the aircraft are dirty and unwelcoming. Frontier has encouraged me to finally get a Southwest Airlines credit card because I will pay the extra $50 to be treated with respect and a valued customer. Goodbye forever Frontier.
RouteWashington to Denver
Date FlownOctober 2018

"rest of the flight was fine"

Not Verified | Portland to Denver via Oklahoma City. I bought my ticket before reviewing Frontier. I went to the airport stressed because of all the bad reviews. I just knew the flights would have issues. The first leg of the flight was on a 45 min delay. (That has happened to me before so no big deal.) I was warned through email for weeks and again at the airport to purchase a carry on ticket (You are allowed a personal item, but the size limit is pretty small. My purse barely made the cut off.) Once we were all seated and ready to go the flight attendants notice a man trying to sneak his bag on. Needless to say they told him he needed to get off the plane and pay for the bag or not fly. He made a big scene about it. The attendants were very nice about it, the police had to come and remove him. The rest of the flight was fine. The second leg of my flight was fine. One of the attendants really loved her job and was very nice. The seats are a little small. You have to pay for and drinks or snacks (card only). Other than the mishap on the first flight all was well.
RoutePortland to Denver via Oklahoma City
Date FlownOctober 2018

"cancel flights without notice"

Trip Verified | Trenton to Charleston. I would not recommend Frontier Airlines. I wanted to like it so much with their route from Charleston to Trenton. Price was great. Until Wednesday 10/3 arrived. Flight delayed an hour, I can accept that. Arriving in Trenton was great, front & rear doors open as soon as you land. Then, I push the door open at the airport & put my hand right into a fresh bloody handprint. I assumed it was a Halloween decoration. Not. Luckily my ride had hand sanitizer. But still not a deal breaker. Now to Wednesday 10/10. Here’s when the nightmare begins. Plane supposed to leave at 9:30. I get a text at 9:18 saying delayed til 12. Then 5 mins later I get another text saying it’s now only delayed til 10:45. Nobody there to ask, but there are plenty of flies. You’re crammed in the basement with another flight that is also delayed. No where to sit for hours. Finally take off at 12:30. We get to Charleston only to be stuck on the tarmac over an hour because no frills airlines have to wait for a gate. They cancel flights without notice frequently, so beware. One & done for me. Too bad
RouteTrenton to Charleston
Date FlownOctober 2018

"entire experience was bad"

Not Verified | Was suppose to fly New Orleans to San Diego. Drove from Baton Rouge. I get to check in and they informed me my flight has been canceled. They said they could get me on next available flight which was Wednesday. I needed to be in San Diego for October 2. They told me I could cancel my flight and get refund and purchase another airline ticket. I asked when I’d get my refund. They said 7-10 business days. I had no way of purchasing another ticket. I didn’t have money from my refund and no way I could afford to purchase a ticket for a last minute flight. Baggage check people were rude. Customer service was bad and entire experience was bad. Will never attempt to fly frontier again. Cheap airfare isn’t always the best.
RouteNew Orleans to San Diego
Date FlownOctober 2018

"senseless inability to solve problems"

Not Verified | Raleigh to Las Vegas. Never, ever, ever fly with this airline. The couple hundred bucks you might save will be paid for ten times over in inconvenience, frustration, delays and senseless inability to solve simple problems. I arrived for my flight seven hours early and tried to get placed on a standby list for an earlier departing flight. With any other airline this is an easy request and usually with no fee. I waited in a long line to see a ticket agent and was told that Frontier does not do standby lists. I was told to call customer service to see if they could help. I finally got a hold of a customer service rep and was told that only the ticket agent could help me with the request. Classic circular hopelessness. I tried again with the gate agent and as he tried to change my ticket he told me that it would be over $500 to change my ticket to fill an empty seat on the earlier flight I was trying to board. These guys are seriously untrained, uncaring, powerless idiots. I don't see this airline lasting long. Good riddance!
RouteRaleigh to Las Vegas