Frontier Airlines

"Horrible experience caused by flight attendant"

Trip Verified | Horrible experience caused by flight attendant. There was a situation where there was something wrong with the one of the windows. We were on the plane for over an hour and a half. Someone asked if we may please get water since some of the guests were not able to get something to drink prior to getting on the flight. The flight attendant told the passengers to be patient and to STOP complaining! She stated that she would not be able to provide water because it would prolong us being there and that they too want to get to their destination. Unfortunately that’s unacceptable being that she’s being paid to work and as customers we paid for a service regardless of the cost of our tickets we should all been treated fairly and properly. There were infants and children on the plane. A gasp was heard throughout the plane with disbelief of what and how she said it. After two other really nice flight attendants did offer water to the passengers. In my opinion it was the way the passengers were treated. They should have allowed those that needed to get off to do so and return. This was a inconvenience to the passengers so they should of been a little more compassionate. Also they broke my sister new luggage and refused to replace it because she didn’t call within 4 hrs.
RouteDenver to Raleigh

"Very unprofessional"

Not Verified | Absolutely ridiculous!! Never flying with Frontier Airlines again! We booked a flight that was supposed to leave at 6:30am, had 4 delays and waited at the airport for an extra 3 hours for them to tell us the flight was cancelled. Luckily we were able to book with a different airline for the same day since we both have to get back to work the following day. Then when we tried to get a refund at the desk where the attendant told us to go, they told us we just had to wait for an email. Very unprofessional!!
RouteFort Lauderdale to Chicago

"absolutely awful experience"

Trip Verified | Completely incompetent airline, arrived over an hour early for our flight, had to wait in line for 45 mins to get our boarding pass, they let half the line cut in front of us for a different flight causing us to miss our flight. Thenthey told us we would have to rebook, pay another $100 each for rebooking for a flight out of an airport that's a two hour drive away from where we are staying and we have no way of getting there. Received no apology from anyone and was patronized by Frontier staff the entire time. I will never fly Frontier again, absolutely awful experience.
RouteTampa to St Louis
Date FlownFebruary 2023

"rude and unacceptable behaviour"

Trip Verified | I flew with same bag while coming to Orlando from Cleveland, but while traveling back they want my bag to be in the bin and my handle was out side,. They want me to pay 99 or they will close the doors. Very rude and unacceptable behaviour.
RouteOrlando to Cleveland
Date FlownFebruary 2023

"They had definitely lost my custom"

Trip Verified | Frontier team at the gate in Atlanta was humiliating every passenger by making everyone put their clearly correctly sized bags through the size checking box. Very rude and condescending. If the passengers were holding slippers or pillows out for the flight, they were made put everything back in the bag and test it again. Very, very unpleasant. I was my first flight with Frontier, and i will not be flying again. Humiliation should not be a part of an economy experience, and if an airline is determined to get their money one way or another, they should not sell basic tickets under false pretence. They had definitely lost my custom.
RouteAtlanta to Chicago
Date FlownFebruary 2023

"overcharged for my baggage"

Trip Verified | Got overcharged for my checked baggage and than it was a different charge for the same checked baggage. Gate agent kept pulling people from the line to check their carry on and once we didn’t meet requirement, charged us an additional $100. Staff member told us with a bad attitude “we warned you 3 times. Other airlines significantly cheaper when you calculated the additional fees. Never flying Frontier Airlines again
AircraftAirbus
RouteMiami to Chicago

"Not a single apology"

Trip Verified | Was delayed 2 hours. Made the passengers spend an hour inside the flight. There were pets on the flight. Poor things were agitated waiting for the flight to depart. They could have waited until the flight was ready to depart to board. Nickel and dime everyone for every single thing. Not a single apology from anyone for the delay.
RouteCincinnati to Denver

"disgustingly horrible"

Not Verified | This flight was disgustingly horrible. We started out boarding at gate D1 then they switch our gate back to E4. Then when we got there they proceeded to switch our gate back to D3. Needless to say everyone on the flight is exhausted and sweaty from running around the Atlanta Airport. Then when I went to inquire about the actual flight departure time the agent at the front desk was rude and nasty with me as if she had to run around the airport herself. I rest assured that me and no one who is boarding this flight would recommend that NO ONE EVER FLY FRONTIER. They charge for everything and are super unprofessional. If you dont take my word for it you will see yourself.
RouteAtlanta to Orlando
Date FlownFebruary 2023

"will not fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Rude and pushy gate attendants, 2 hours late, charged me 100.00 at the gate for my personal item that meets airline requirements. Bag had small wheels that would not fit into the rigid sizer but was actually smaller than what is allowed - 15x13x8. And fit no problem on my flight from Buffalo to Tampa. Needless to say will not fly with them again. Big money grab and unprofessional, not to mention the terrible seats. Emailed customer service but said they could not refund as no report was submitted at the gate.
RouteTampa to Buffalo
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"charge me again for the luggage"

Trip Verified | I purchased a round trip ticket from Chicago to Orlando for a funeral. The funeral was delayed so I called 2 days prior to my return in order to extend the date of return. First of all you can't talk to anybody in customer service because they don't have one. I was attended by a third party (orbit) and they charged me an extra $133 dollars per traveler in order to change our flight. Next Frontier charged me $118 for my luggage and $40 to get my seats. When I arrived to the airport they couldn't find my tickets and said I took off to Chicago. What, I'm right here! Well they said that they had to charge me again for the luggage because I missed my flight! Well its $158 dollars and you could call customer service for a refund. They charged me $5.00 to talk to an agent, $3.50 for water on the plain. Everything cost money on these flights.
RouteOrlando to Chicago