Frontier Airlines

"delusional discounts"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to San Francisco. The worst airline I have flown in the entire world. I missed my flight beyond my circumstances due to long TSA delays during the government shutdown. The TSA queue in Atlanta was 2hr 30 mins long (if you have flown to or through Atlanta you know what I mean) & noway I would have made to that flight. When I arrived at the gate the agent impolitely told me the next flight to San Francisco is 4 days out and couldn't wait for 4 days to catch my next flight. I asked for refund which they refused and they told me even if I had to wait for 4 days for the next flight, I was still going to pay for the new ticket. I have never seen something like this in my entire life. I gladly booked with United Airlines the same day. Frontier is the worst airlines in the World. I thought I would try it just one time, turned to be my worst decision which cost me more money than the delusional discounts they give. Will never fly it again and my family too.
RouteAtlanta to San Francisco
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"this was a horrendous experience"

Trip Verified | So I will never be flying with Frontier again. I don’t care if their tickets are cheaper but my experience was horrible. It began when I went to the self-service station to print our boarding passes. I had one bag that needed to be checked because it was just slightly too big and when I mean slightly, I’m talking like 1-2 inches. When I selected check baggage it was $45! We then asked one of the guys in a Frontier shirt if they do anything for military personnel, he said to get in line. So we do. We asked the guy behind the computer and he said they check one bag for active duty but do nothing for those that are retired. Mind you my brother served 8 years. So not even a 20% discount or anything? That’s just absolutely absurd. We paid the $45 fee and moved on. Our boarding time was 6:15pm, come 6:20 no one is getting in line and we are told by some fellow travellers that there will be a 45m delay because they need to change a tyre. 7pm comes around, no word over the intercom. 7:23pm hits and finally someone says they are still doing repairs and it will be another 30m. Well, they suck at estimating their repairs because we did not get in line to board until 8:57pm! This causes us to miss our flight from Denver back home to San Francisco and for me to have to call my boss and miss a day of work. We figured they would offer some sort of compensation for having us be delayed so long, even the pilot said normally it doesn’t take that long. As we approach the man who scans our boarding passes, the group in front of us asks and he says he’s not sure, but probably not. (They missed their shuttle that was going to take them somewhere in Denver.) We get into the cabin and we were told there is no WiFi, no electrical outlets, no free beverages (other than water), no free snacks, no movies, no games, no magazines, seats do not recline the trays are no bigger than a small tablet, and more. So we said to hell with it we will pay for food and alcohol because we are hungry and thirsty from waiting so long. The alcohol list was sad. The bourbon they had was disgusting, Breckenridge?, had to choke it down. The snack pack had a beef stick that was oily and gross, the cheddar cheese was this creamy texture similar to cream cheese, but it was salty and slimy, not as good, and half my crackers were broken. I took a bite of everything and gave up. 4 bourbons, 2 sodas and 2 snack packs was $30. You’re welcome. The plane is one of the loudest I have been in, thankful I brought ear plugs. It’s the 21st century Frontier, I can tell you, your guests expect more. Then to top this all off we go to customer service to see what our options were. We are told the next flight to SFO isn’t until 10:55pm tomorrow. They offer a hotel, however, we have to check out at 10am. We asked why they can’t put us in a hotel for two days they literally said, “we’re not gonna put you in a hotel for two days sorry.” We ask for a refund to purchase with a different airline. They said , “it won’t be a full refund.” So you’re telling me you guys fucked up and didn’t follow proper pmcs, so we had to suffer a delay and now further suffer? What kind of company is this?! All in all this was a horrendous experience. I’ll be paying an extra $100-$150 more on my flights to ensure I’m on a better airline next time. First time flyer with them and we won’t be returning customers, nor will any of my friends or family.
RouteOrlando to Denver

"Seat sizes are a joke"

Trip Verified | 3 Frontier flights in 2 weeks, all delayed. Seat sizes are a joke (average male, shoulders extend beyond the width of my seat), very little cushioning and no lumbar support for 4+ hour flights. I used to be a loyal Frontier customer but I will be trying different airlines from now on, the small amount saved on tickets is not worth the delayed flight times and discomfort.
RouteDenver to Orlando
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"was the worst experience"

Trip Verified | Denver to Charlotte. If you have another option do not fly Frontier. This was the worst experience. First I showed up 2 hours before my flight took off and I stood in line for most of the time they were calling people to come up to a different line if they were about to miss their flight and there were many who missed it just while I was there because they only had one person who was working hard to get through the line I only had 5 minutes to get onto my plane after I got out of the line then when I got to my flight I was in the front so it wasn’t to bad but the seats aren’t great and they don’t have a lot of what other airlines have then when I got off the plane to go and get my luggage my bag was unzipped so I lost a shoe my clothes were falling out when I got it and my lotion was missing that I just got. You would think if they went through your things they would zip your bag back up before losing your valuables if I would have lost something that was more important than those few things I would have been livid.
RouteDenver to Charlotte

"I never got my points"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Los Angeles. Several weeks ago Frontier offered "Triple Points Tuesdays" in which the customer was awarded triple points for flying Tuesdays. I signed up for this offer and flew 2 Tuesdays. When I was awarded single mileage points I called and complained. The agent refused to make the correction and when I asked to speak with a supervisor she finally said she would forward my request and a decision would be made within 7 days (just to get me off the phone). I never got my points, of course.
RouteAtlanta to Los Angeles
Date FlownDecember 2018

"agent said they won’t refund"

Trip Verified | I booked a round trip flight, from Des Moines to Denver, CO then from Denver to Orange County and back. They made me wait at the Denver airport for 10 hrs prior to departure. Then on the day I need to return, even though, I arrived one hour prior to departure, at the check-in counter, had some problem and staff told me to check in my bag, but I don’t have to then finally got through the TSA and got to the gate at 11:52 am with two other people. The couple that arrived were going from Orange County to Denver then Denver back to Washington D.C As we arrived no body was at the gate. I had to ran down stairs to get their attention but It was on ink that departure time is 11:59 The agent said they won’t refund. We have to book another flight from another airline and its out of our pocket. Frontier airline have only one flight each, while other airlines has many that is available. To me time is money. They wasted my time; very important and people’s money, so if you don’t want to waste time and money, avoid Frontier.
RouteOrange County to Des Moines

"Worst flying experience"

Trip Verified | Charlotte to Oklahoma City via Orlando. Worst flying experience ever. They lost my bag and when I called and tried to get updates on it, it seemed like I was inconveniencing them. Very unprofessional crew at OKC. They were never at the counter. Wouldn't answer the phone either. Had to call a customer service number to get somewhere. A very frustrating experience dealing with uncaring people who aren't doing their job. I practically had to beg them to send me my bag to my hotel room when it finally arrived. They wanted to wait until morning instead of sending it immediately. The plane ride was also very uncomfortable and sketchy. Super cheap and nothing is complimentary. Prices weren't that cheap for what I experienced. Should have been free for all of that trouble. I’m currently awaiting a refund for the items I had to purchase while my bag was located. I had a military event to attend and I had to purchase nice clothing along with beauty cosmetics to attend. It has been almost 3 weeks and I have yet to receive a refund check they promised to send to me. It’s unfortunate I had such a bad experience flying to an event that was so special and well planned ahead of time. Save yourself and don't EVER book a flight with them!! You’re welcome!
RouteCharlotte to Oklahoma City via Orlando

"Save the hassle"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Atlanta. Flying with Frontier was a horrible experience! I didn’t know but you have to pay for carry on luggage. Added cost! You have to pay for any soda on the flight. Added cost! They gave us the run around about my ticket regarding my name and I almost missed my flight! You’re not saving money by flying with Frontier! Save the hassle and fly with another airline!
RouteOrlando to Atlanta
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"no refund on the check bag fees"

Not Verified | Tampa to Philadelphia. Frontier cancelled return flight of round trip to FL. They offered to pay for another airline. I booked another airline to return the family home. We had paid to have bags checked on the Frontier flight. Upon cancelling the flight they refused to refund the checked bag fees for the cancelled flight. I ended up having to take Uber to another airport to catch my return flight and pay to check bags to get home that day. Out an additional $150+. I contacted Frontier customer service and they responded that covering the cost of the flight was all they would do - no refund on the check bag fees for the cancelled flight (approximately $75) I fly frequently, this was the first and last time with Frontier.
RouteTampa to Philadelphia
Date FlownDecember 2018

"We had a lengthy delay"

Trip Verified | Nashville to Philadelphia. We had a lengthy delay (4 hours). I know that was beyond the control of the airline however when we checked in in with our boarding passes were two meal vouchers. That is how we found out there was a delay. It would have been appropriate to mention the delay when we checked in. Additionally the pilot never welcomed the passengers on or have information as we approached our destination. There was only communication for flight attendants to take their seats.
RouteNashville to Philadelphia