Frontier Airlines

"customer service is horrible"

Not Verified | Minneapolis to Denver. The airline is borderline brain dead. Their customer service is horrible. Put you on hold for an hour only to disconnect and have you call back and get in line. The switch dates and don't fulfil their commitments. I learned not to fly these guys. In my opinion, you should pay standard fair as these cheap freaks are one of the worst dogs of the airline industry.
RouteMinneapolis to Denver
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"never received any responses"

Not Verified | Islip to Atlanta. I have unsuccessfully attempted to receive a refund due to canceling my flight for a FL vacation due to COVID-19 outbreak. Frontier customer service would not issue any refunds. Emails were also sent and never received any responses. Filed complaint and Frontier still would not provide a refund, the only option is to book a flight within the next 90 days. Amid the current situation in the USA, potential job loss and child with lung disease I do not plan on booking flights and going on vacations anytime soon. Frontier could careless. Terribly disappointing and I will never fly with them again. I need my $$ back to pay my mortgage.
RouteIslip to Atlanta
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"worst customer service"

Not Verified | Bismarck to Los Angeles. Absolute trash. Due to the coronavirus, I had inquired about canceling my flight for safety reasons. They stated to me that they could issue a credit to my account that but would need to book a flight within 90 days. Due to my location Frontier only services my airport Jan-May. I explained that I would not be able to use my credit within 90 days due to the airline not servicing my location. The operator on the other end stated, “not my problem you’ll just have to drive to the next closet airport that we service.” The next closet airport is 7-hours away from where I live, so I am basically out of $450 because I physically cannot book a different flight due to them not servicing my airport. Absolute worst customer service and they are taking advantage of every customer they have. I will never fly with them ever again and I hope anyone reading this chooses a different airline.
RouteBismarck to Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Will never fly Frontier again"

Not Verified | Orlando to Indianapolis. We arrived 2.5 hours prior to departure as recommended. The flight was delayed multiple times and ultimately cancelled 30 minutes prior to the original departure time. I understand this can happen with any airline, and has happened to me on other airlines as well. The difference with Frontier was the extreme lack of customer service. I was traveling with a family of 5 with young children and the staff had no regard for this or any compassion for the situation. We were not offered any sort of compensation for the inconvenience and with no assistance from the airline staff, we were able to get on a flight to Cincinnati (~2 hours from home) and rented a car to drive the remainder of the way. Frontier could not switch my luggage over to the new flight, they lost our gate checked stroller somehow, and cost us an additional $100+ with the rental car. I paid the money I "saved" with Frontier in rental fees and a new stroller. You may save some money with Frontier and it may work out from time to time, however, if anything goes wrong with the flight do not expect any assistance from the airline or the staff! Horrible experience. Will never fly Frontier again.
RouteOrlando to Indianapolis

"beyond disappointed"

Trip Verified | Columbus to Orlando. I inquired about canceling my flight as the president has announced national state of emergency due to Coronavirus pandemic. I was told that no refunds will be given to anyone and only a credit will be given. I’d have 90 days to book another flight with Frontier or I’m basically out of money paid. The supervisor I talked to on the phone hung up on me and didn’t bother to call back. I am absolutely offended that Frontier does not put the interests and safety of the public ahead of its profit margin. Very poor business practices! Frontier is not part of the solution, but part of the problem. The health of its passengers is clearly not prioritized. I am beyond disappointed and will never fly with this airline again.
RouteColumbus to Orlando
Date FlownMarch 2020

"they hung up on me twice"

Not Verified | I had a trip planned for April 6,2020 til April 10,2020 well we are in active military and my husband got a official letter stating that he is on a flight restriction till further notice, I tried to call Frontier to ask what are my options as soon as i mentioned the flight restriction to customer service they hung up on me twice. I shouldn't be punished due to an worldly epidemic i am trying to find out what is the protocol or even what to do so i am not out of all the money I spent on these tickets.
RouteRaleigh to Las Vegas
Date FlownApril 2019

"Frontier has taken advantage of us"

Not Verified | My husband and I were trying to access our tickets via phone and accidentally ended up canceling out booking from Phoenix to Chicago. What we didn’t realize was this: while most corporations are providing refunds to their clients during this period of fear and uncertainty, Frontier has preyed on and taken advantage of theirs by failing to do so. Because we spent most of our money on booking a flight with Frontier in the first place, having to RE-book another will very likely be the reason we can’t feed our family this month. I am so appalled that Frontier has taken advantage of us like this and that we have lost so much money from a simple user error. I am disappointed that, after trusting this company, it turned out to be so dishonest and parasitic. I would hate for this to happen to anyone else and would strongly discourage any of our friends or family from putting themselves at risk for this same situation by booking with Frontier.
RoutePhoenix to Chicago
Date FlownMarch 2020

"nothing, not even an acknowledgement"

Trip Verified | I know this is a no-frills airline and pricing reflects that. You pay for everything, including a seat (price quoted for a round trip is without a seat, which you need to pay for and if you want to move seats later, pay more again). So, knowing all this, decided to fly again, and now with the Coronavirus hitting, I wanted to delay my flight - the website for Frontier is not user-friendly. I spent hours booking and reviewing and trying to navigate the website - so I wanted to see if they would change my flight to a later date - I went to a page that talked about cancellations, but when I hit the button to go to that page, it was an actual cancellation and no warning, bam, done, lost all but $12 and change for a future trip - rip off - will never, never fly this airline again. I emailed them with my concern, nothing, not even an acknowledgement that I was a customer, take the money and run.
RouteProvidence to Orlando
Date FlownOctober 2019

"charged $79 to cancel a trip"

Not Verified | The president announced national state of emergency due to Coronavirus pandemic. The very same day, Frontier charged $79 to cancel a trip this month. I am deeply concerned that Frontier does not put the interests of the public ahead of its profit margin. I am very sad to say they are not in this together as are the other airlines. Very poor business practices. Not part of the solution, but part of the problem. The health of its passengers are not prioritized. Very disappointed.
RoutePortland to Boulder
Date FlownMarch 2020

"declined to be ticketed"

Not Verified | Dallas Ft Worth to Denver. When I arrived at 4.45am an tried to check in for my flight I was told I had to be at the airport an be checked in two hours in advance of the departure. I was in line with five other people who which all was declined to be ticketed to be able to go through TSA. The was a lady who cut in line while we waited to speak with a manager an was given her ticket and was able to board the plane.
RouteDallas Ft Worth to Denver