Frontier Airlines

"Frontier has not had the decency to respond to me"

Not Verified | I will never fly Frontier again. First, they canceled my flight without notifying me. The cancellation was not even on their app. I rescheduled for the next day. That flight was so late, I barely made it to my connecting flight. Information given by flight attendants was wrong. My baggage didn’t make the connecting flight. I called Frontier four times trying to get information about my baggage. The first two calls provided no help at all. The third call was disconnected by Frontier. On the fourth call, I finally got to speak to a human. She kept telling me, “You need to understand…” No. Frontier needs to understand. Frontier messed up. I did not. Frontier has not had the decency to respond to me. I received an email flight verification 47.5 hours after I landed at PDX. I received an email offering free flights for mom. Book by May 8. I got it on May 11. In a survey request I responded to, I said their customer service is appalling. That isn’t true. Their customer service isn’t that good. It’s non-existent. I believe they should compensate me for the inconvenience, hassle, rudeness and stress their ineptitude caused me. Not just the $47 baggage check fee. The ball is in your court. I await your response.
RouteOntario to Portland via Las Vegas
Date FlownMay 2022

"I will never deal with this airline again"

Not Verified | I booked four one way flights for my daughter and grandchildren yesterday online with Frontier Airlines. After booking the flights, yesterday afternoon, I find cheaper flights on Delta Airlines. I called Frontier to let them know I wanted to cancel because I found a cheaper flight. I was informed that there would be a $75 cancellation fee per ticket (almost more than the flights). I had booked four tickets. I informed the gentleman on the phone that I was not informed of a cancellation fee when I booked the flights and would be calling my credit card company. He hung up the phone on me. I called back and was transferred to someone (without being informed the call was being transferred to someone else). This person told me the same thing. I informed her that I checked the website and it said that I could cancel within 24 hours without a fee. She hung up on me as well. I called back and someone picked the phone up without saying anything hung up (they must have caller ID) so I called from my house phone. This agent seemed nice, but said he couldn’t find my reservation with the confirmation number. I ended up going to their website and cancelling the flight (no cancellation fee). I will never deal with this airline again and if you know what is right, you won’t either!
RouteDetroit to Las Vegas
Date FlownMay 2022

"trust me their add on prices quickly make you double take"

Trip Verified | Flying with Frontier was definitely an experience. I had booked an economy flight off Hopper for $126 originally out of OKC, 1 day prior to my trip, the flight is cancelled. I search again and a flight at the same time as the one I had before was posted for significantly increased fare, like $310. So I decided to drive down to DFW for cheaper tickets. And then I realized how they rope you in. The base fare of a ticket is really cheap and catches your eye. Reality soon kicks in as you have to pay for carry-ons back and forth instead of a one time purchase. I understand checked baggage but why the back and forth price. When it’s all said and done, your payment will be at least 3-4 times what you thought you were going to pay for a flight that honestly isn’t that good. In flight, refreshments require payment. They push their credit card extremely hard as well. The plane seats were pretty uncomfortable. Flying back to Dallas from Vegas, our flight got delayed 3 hours. They do keep you updated at least. The app is honestly a star, which was surprising. All in all, would I fly Frontier again? A big no! The predatory pricing for a flight that really kinda sucks is not my thing. You are better paying for a slightly more expensive ticket from Delta and having a good experience. Yes the prices look great at first, but trust me their add on prices quickly make you double take.
RouteDallas, TX to Las Vegas, NV
Date FlownMay 2022

"I will never book this flight again"

Trip Verified | I Can’t even start to say how devastating and depressing everything about this flight is. I had a flight for 5:13am that was delayed until 11pm, & now it’s 1:52am. I’m standing here extremely exhausted waiting for my bags to come out. Just been told it will be an hour wait because they only have one person working. I have missed all of the important events with my family today, I was deprived from so many things. I will never book this flight again.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Atlanta
Date FlownMay 2022

"the absolute worst company to fly with"

Not Verified | This is the absolute worst company to fly with. Half of my flight were exhausted passengers whose flight got delayed for hours before finally getting cancelled the night before around 1am. We were supposed to take off at 10am and at 4pm they finally cancelled it after we on boarded and off boarded twice without a single apology. There was a family behind me with two babies and the father calmly asked one of the crew members if he could get any food for his toddler since the extreme delay led to them running out. The crew member was loudly berating this man for being selfish and impatient and we were shocked. It has been over two weeks and I’m still waiting for my refund from them. I called customer service and the person on the other end was so clueless and dismissive that after 30 minutes, he still couldn’t tell me anything about my case. the last thing he said before I hung up in frustration was “you should just wait four more weeks and then call us back.” It is worth it to spend a little more for a reputable airline like Delta. I have flown with them and even in todays climate they pay off.
RouteOrlando to Baltimore
Date FlownMay 2022

"ground and cabin staff pleasant"

Trip Verified | My first time with Frontier, and a reluctant choice because of previous adverse reviews and the limited seat pitch of 29 ins. If I had opted to pay for seat selection, the round trip fare would have been as high as the legacy airline offerings, so I left matters to chance. Middle seat outbound was no joy, aisle seat returning. Flights were on time and I found ground and cabin staff pleasant and seemingly well motivated. The seat contours helped with legroom, but they are hard to endure over +2 hours flying time. The experience was akin to a long ride on a city transit bus. A lot of us oldies were groaning when the time came to deplane.
AircraftA320/A321
RouteTampa to Cleveland
Date FlownMay 2022

"isn't focused on the customer"

Trip Verified | Back in March of this year they changed their bag weight "policy" of allowing a 40 pound checked bag, when they used to permit 50. It clearly says 50 pounds on their boarding pass. And after calling and complaining, and trying to get the $50 back for the 6 pounds we were over, yes 6 pounds, they refused to give us the $50 back. They kept mentioning "policy, policy, policy." And don't get me started on all the other nonsense we had to deal with with the flight. A mechanical issue, which delayed us 2 HOURS, and then they proceeded to board us even though they had yet to sort out the mechanical issue. So we sat on the airplane for another 2 hours before this was sorted out. Why would an airline board passengers if the mechanical issue had yet to be sorted out? It's too bad! Frontier used to be a great airline back in the day. Now it's an airline that obviously isn't focused on the customer. Never again, Frontier! Never again! And for those that fly Frontier, beware! By the time they charge you for every little thing, you would still be further ahead flying with an airline that charges more (and provides better service).
RouteDenver to Burlington
Date FlownMay 2022

"never forget this horrible experience"

Trip Verified | We lost $1000 because of a last minute terminal change, staff’s unwillingness to help, and suspicious behavior related to overbooking flights. We arrived at the airport 2hrs earlier around 4pm (the flight was leaving around 6). We sat at gate E10 which was packed and waited. One flight before us, going to Charlotte, North Carolina was running late due to a missing airplane captain. We still sat at gate E10. The screen still read, Savannah, Georgia. It was almost time for our flight to leave. Then the Frontier employee made an offhand remark, saying “Oh, if you’re going to Savannah, Georgia, you need to board at gate E7.” We immediately crossed right over to the waiting area in gate 7 that was empty. I noticed that there was no plane parked at the gate. The screen read “Miami on time” with no sign of Savannah, Georgia. We received a text from my daughter’s boyfriend who was tracking our flight online saying that the plane left at Gate E7 10 mins earlier, and sent a screenshot. We had not seen anyone board the plane the entire time we sat at gate E7. There was another man who had the same problem, and was yelling at the employee, “But they only announced it once! They announced it after the plane left. The Frontier employee just told him that it was repeated multiple times that the gate changed and it was his fault he missed his flight. We walked up to the Frontier employee and told her we too only heard the warning once to which she replied, “There’s no way you missed boarding for your flight if you were sitting at the right gate. You must’ve not been sitting at the right spot. I told you all multiple times. You just missed your flight. All I can tell you is to book another flight. There are no more going to Savannah.” She turned her back on us and proceeded to look at her phone. Her coworker told us, “You can rebook at the ticket booth”. We walked to the ticket booth seeking for better help and received none. We were told that “There are no more flights to Savannah. It is your fault you missed the flight.” We’ve never lost this much money before. We will never forget this horrible experience we encountered with Frontier Airlines
RoutePhiladelphia to Savanna

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever. Do not fly, I have been here at the airport since 4.30am, flight got delayed until 11, now here it is almost 1pm and still here. Worst customer service, the agents behind the desk don’t know anything so I don’t know why they are working.
RouteLas Vegas to Oakland

"Terrible airline!"

Trip Verified | Terrible airline! Delayed for over 7 hours with no respect of time to recourse. Boarded the plane and waited another 1.5 before we left from the gate! Terrible, terrible, terrible.
RouteAtlanta to Cleveland