Frontier Airlines

"company has lost a customer"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Nashville. Frontier has a very high cancelation fee of $119. Their cancelation policy is listed differently in different places on their website. If you look in the wrong place you will be mislead! Make sure to read on their FAQ page here https://faq.flyfrontier.com/help/will-i-be-charged-a-fee-to-cancel-my-reservation. Additionally, their website will not inform you of the policy before you cancel the flight. Your money will just be gone with no explanation. I could not even tell that my flight reservation had been canceled nor did I get an email that made my cancelation clear. I had to call and wait to talk to a representative on the phone just to confirm that my flight had indeed been canceled. This company has lost a customer.
RouteOrlando to Nashville
Date FlownMarch 2019

"the first and last time"

Not Verified | Denver to Buffalo. You get what you pay for. I’ve flown quite a lot in my life and my most recent travel experience involved Frontier Airlines, this was the first and last time. I purchased a seat selection in advance and upon arriving to the airport I was told that those seats didn’t exist and that nothing could be done. The gate agent was horrible - like the worst customer service experience I have ever had. I would never call for someone to be fired but in this case it feels warranted. After reaching out to Frontier they basically told me, “too bad” and that nothing could be done about the seats I had paid for or the terrible gate agent. Bottom line: Avoid at all costs. Frontier isn’t that much cheaper after everything is said and done to bother with the headache. I’m required to give them a rating between 1 and 10 but we’re it up to me they would get 0 stars.
RouteDenver to Buffalo

"Horrible experience"

Trip Verified | Denver to Tampa. Worst airline you can pick. Our flight was canceled due to the weather which was understandable, but they put us on the flight 4 days after our original flight and we had to stay in a hotel and pay for it. On top of that, flight to Denver and flight back home was delayed almost two hours. This company should stop operating. Horrible experience, this is my first and last time flying with Frontier
RouteDenver to Tampa
Date FlownMarch 2019

"canceled my daughter's flight"

Not Verified | If I could give them a 0 that's what they would get. They canceled my daughter's flight and would only put her on a flight for 2 days later, which meant that she would miss her grandmother's funeral. On top of it, they would only book her to a flight in Orlando whereas she is going to Tampa. And that Orlando flight was arriving in the middle of the night, 11:50 something pm. Which means we will have to drive from Tampa to Orlando to get her in the middle of the night. I've been trying to call them, but every time I call within a few minutes, they hang up without anyone picking up. So, now after 12 calls, I finally get a little bit further with the recording, but that's just because I said that I would be willing to pay $25.00 to speak to a live person. Even after that, I have now been on hold for nearly 2hours.
RouteSan Francisco to Tampa
Date FlownMarch 2019

"charged for our carry on items"

Not Verified | Indianapolis to Orlando. Horrible customer service! Was charged for our free carry on items that fit under our seat and will not refund. Will never fly with this company again. Also the flight attendants were talking trash about customers, I was in the last row and heard the female speak poorly about people near the exit row.
RouteIndianapolis to Orlando
Date FlownMarch 2019

"never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | It’s not worth the discounted flight prices to go through the Frontier Airlines horrendous customer service agents both on the phone and in person. They say you get what you pay for and these people work here and deliver mediocre service bc they get mediocre training and pay. I am a 6 month pregnant woman who was denied checking a bag because I was 1 minute late. The agent said he couldn’t help me and to “be on my way”. Rude, col, young men that had no people skills. They threw away half of my liquids and perfume of course because I had to clear the bag thru security, ultimately missed my flight and ruined my morning. I’ll never fly with them again!
RouteOrlando to Las Vegas
Date FlownMarch 2019

"flight is delayed 4 hours"

Trip Verified | Tampa to Grand Rapids. I honestly don’t know how this airline stays in business! This was my first and last experience. I should have checked the reviews before booking but this was a bereavement situation and I wanted to book this last-minute flight quickly and without paying a fortune. At the time the boarding process should have begun, I noticed it said “Denver” at our gate instead of Grand Rapids. I panicked because I hadn’t heard an announcement of a gate change. The monitors nearby now say the flight is delayed 4 hours. I went back to the gate for additional information only to hear an announcement that now the flight is canceled altogether! We were told we had to collect our bags and return to the ticket counter to rebook or to get a refund. Customer service was shabby at best. I will not be using their $100 voucher (that is only good for 90 days). I will not put myself in their hands ever!
RouteTampa to Grand Rapids
Date FlownMarch 2019

"will never fly Frontier again"

Not Verified | Orlando to Denver. Frontier has taken passenger torture to a new level. I have never been so miserable on a flight since the last time I flew with them about 3 years ago. Their seats are so close together it is nearly impossible to bend over and get any thing off the floor. At 5’9” my knees are almost touching the seat in front of me. My husband at 6’3” has his knees jammed in the seat in front. The seats are barely padded there is no real head rest and they do not lean back. It is sheer hell to try to sleep in them. The tray tables are pathetic useless and small. They no longer offer drinks and you pay for baggage. They are not even cheap enough to merit the misery. I will never fly Frontier again.
RouteOrlando to Denver
Date FlownMarch 2019

"gotten on the aircraft dipped in perfume"

Trip Verified | I love Frontier, I book 10-12 flights a year for myself and family, great fares and convenient times. But yesterday’s 6am flight from Chicago to Tampa made me incredibly ill and nauseous. Some inconsiderate individual had gotten on the aircraft dipped in perfume. Then, to my surprise, that over powering smell was from one of the flight attendants.
AircraftAirbus
RouteChicago to Tampa
Date FlownMarch 2019

"One of the worst airlines"

Not Verified | One of the worst airlines. My flight from Jacksonville to Philadelphia has been delayed four times from this morning. The agents at the gate have no clue what’s going on. All my hotel bookings and return tickets will go waste if they cancel the flight.
RouteJacksonville to Philadelphia