Frontier Airlines

"cancellation fee with no refund"

Not Verified | I actually didn't get to my flight. When I was on the website purchasing my seats and baggage, the website added another ticket to my cart. I had already purchased a ticket through Travelocity 3 weeks earlier. I tried to remove the 2nd ticket added, was unable to do so. I decided to cancel the transaction and call the airline directly. In cancelling the cart items, the transaction cancelled my original flight I had paid for 3 weeks prior. I panicked and called the airline within 3 minutes and was told there was nothing they could do for me, I wrongly cancelled the transaction and it was my fault. The costs roundtrip of the seat and baggage fees should have been $122.00, but the cart cost was $282.00. In other words, the site added the cost of a second ticket to the cart. The cost of my ticket was kept as a cancellation fee with no refund. In other words, I don't get to fly to see my grandchildren and I am out the cost of the ticket as well from a glitch on their website. This is nothing short of stealing.
RouteCharlotte to Seattle
Date FlownOctober 2020

"What a terrible experience"

Trip Verified | What a terrible experience I had this weekend with Frontier Airlines. I am well aware it is a discount airline with "discount" seats and amenities. The issue was with them canceling my return flight and then not refunding my ticket or reimbursing me for the new ticket I had to purchase to get home on time. They offered another flight the next day but didn't tell me until 41 minutes after the flight left (proven with emails). Either way, flying the next day was not an option. Even if I could fly the next day, they were not going to pay for accommodations for the extra night. Their response to all this is "We gave you a flight home." end of story. I tried explaining that I had to be home the day I was originally traveling and they basically told me that was not their problem. So No Refund on the canceled flight and No Reimbursement on the out of pocket to get home.
RouteTrenton to West Palm Beach
Date FlownOctober 2020

"We feel it is disgraceful!"

Not Verified | We will never fly Frontier again! We booked a flight for April 8th to visit our grandson and family in Florida. Obviously we cancelled due to covid-19. They then cancelled the flight I assume, as no one was flying at that time. We tried to book a flight to visit them for November and they told us our credit was expired. We talked to several people at the airline - the last one being a manager. I also communicated twice in an email. I was told no exceptions. We are seniors and can't really afford to repay $474 for flights (as I'm sure most people can't do). I can not believe that under the circumstances of covid they are not honoring the credit. They say they must be booked within 90 days. Who is going to book a flight to Florida in June? That is the last thing on anyone's mind. I see many other people are in the same position. We feel it is disgraceful! They are the cheapest flights but not when you are paying twice. We will probably have to drive which is 16 hours or drive half way and fly. I flew with the airline many times to go to Charlotte and Florida to see grandkids but will never fly again with that airline! By the way, every other airline is extending credit due to covid!
RoutePhiladelphia to Charlotte NC
Date FlownNovember 2019

"They should be ashamed of themselves"

Not Verified | Absolutely the worst airline and customer service. I fly this airline when I need to visit family, use their credit card and belong to their Den Club. I have stopped flying because of COVID. Earlier this summer a family wedding canceled and I was given a voucher for 1.200 for flights I had to cancel due to COVID, this was after they took away nearly $500 in penalty fees during a pandemic. Today, I tried to use the voucher to fly home for a family funeral. I was told it had expired. I spent 2 hours on the phone speaking to 4 different individuals who spoke very broken English and I had great difficulty understanding them. I explained my situation and was repeatedly told, "So sorry, we are not able to help you, your voucher has expired." One woman even blamed me for forfeiting my voucher. I can't even begin to explain how incompetent each person I spoke to was...even the supposed manager. In the end, no resolution. They stole nearly 1,700 dollars from me during a pandemic! They should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of people during a national crisis. I looked it up today and Frontier was given a fair share of the $25 billion in recovery money for COVID and they are stealing what amounts to two weeks + of pay from a US citizen who is trying to make ends meet. Their airplanes are uncomfortable, they offer nothing and nickle and dime you for everything from a carry on bag to a beverage. Frontier Airlines should not be patronized by the working class people of our country. They don't care and they have 0 compassion for their customers.
RoutePhoenix to Cleveland via Tucson
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I will never fly Frontier ever again"

Trip Verified | I bought a ticket for round trip to Omaha from Denver but selected United to go out on (awesome!) and Frontier to come back. When I went to do online check in for Frontier there were no seats for me to select unless I paid additional money. I also didn't catch that I had no carry on (United gave it free) so I had to pay another $46.00 for the bag I put under the seat. Get on the plane and we had no TV, music, or drinks (free on United). I could buy a cheap bottled water for $2.99. My trip to Omaha cost me $38.00 plus $10.10 for taxes on United, included everything - free! My trip back to Denver cost me $ 28.00 plus $10.10 for taxes (?) plus $46 for a carry on plus $29.00 for a seat (didn't want to ride on the wing) for a total of $123.10. I will never fly Frontier ever again.
RouteDenver to Omaha
Date FlownOctober 2020

"All they care about is nickel and diming you"

Not Verified | So incredibly frustrated with Frontier Airlines. I’m supposed to be flying with my daughter this week to visit a friend who desperately needs us. I just found out her and her family are sick, likely with COVID-19. We are having to postpone our trip. I was hoping Frontier would be understanding of this. I don’t want to fly with another airline. I simply wanted to push the flight back a week or two until it would be safe to travel again. Out of 5 different supposed supervisors/managers I talked to every single one told me there’s absolutely nothing they can or will do to waive the change fees right now. They simply wanted to cancel my flight and refund me only $100ish out of the almost $450 I paid. One manager asked how I was and I said “Not very good” and his reply was “That sounds great...so here’s the thing” Seriously. I asked if they would prefer for me to go through with the trip, potentially be exposed to COVID and travel back on the airplane, exposing an entire plane full of customers and staff. He informed me my risk of exposing everyone would be low because I’d be wearing a face mask. Every single person claims there is absolutely nothing they can do to change policy, no matter how high you go with the company. They could not care less about the health and satisfaction of their customers or their employees for that matter. All they care about is nickel and diming you, taking your money. I understand I did not purchase The Works package. I understand there are normally change/cancellation fees. What I do not understand is there not being any exception in the midst of a global pandemic. This company should be incredibly ashamed of themselves for having a total lack of compassion and empathy for humankind, their customers, and their employees. I rarely wish ill upon anyone or any company, but I truly hope with everything in me that your company completely goes under if you choose to continue on a path of having zero compassion and empathy. You can take my money this time. I’ve learned my lesson. I don’t care if you offered a lifetime of free airfare right now. I will never again make the horrible mistake of flying with or paying another penny to your sorry excuse for a business. I’ll pay whatever it takes to fly through an airline that will actually take care of and care about their customers. To the employees of this company who are stuck under shoddy management, strict scripts you must adhere to and horrible work conditions, you deserve better. I hope and pray you can find your true worth with another company.
RoutePhoenix to Kansas City
Date FlownOctober 2020

"This is the worst airline"

Not Verified | This is the worst airline I have ever traveled with, the customer service is essentially non-existent, during this time of the pandemic some expectation of leniency and empathetic concern for people should be at the least the bottom line . They cancelled my flight and my voucher was over 90 days so they won't budge to make it up ... we are still in the middle of this tragic pandemic so to schedule another flight is unrealistic and not fair in any sense. In these times it is important to be civil and open to change and go the extra mile, give the extra effort to help people in need.
RouteOrlando to New Orleans
Date FlownMarch 2020

"They are cheap for a reason"

Not Verified | They are cheap for a reason. You'll make up for it in add ons and horrible customer service. I was also unable to cancel my $90 flight because it fell within the 60 day non cancelation policy. Was charged $76 and given a $14 credit which I will never use from them. There are much better user friendly cheap airlines, I get it times are tough but don't charge potential customers for services not rendered when I ordered by mistake and canceled within minutes, talked to customer service who said "sorry its our policy." Well my policy is not flying with you anymore.
RoutePhiladelphia to Kansas City
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"the worst customer service"

Not Verified | Worst airline I have ever booked with! Had to cancel a flight due to a national pandemic. They gave me a credit instead of my money back. Booked a flight again for a later date mind you flights were cheaper so I lost $400 because the credit was one time use. So the new flight I booked was canceled, I once again asked for a refund but no they have to give me a credit for the flight again. Hands down the worst customer service I have ever experienced
RouteBoston to Orlando
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Beware of this company"

Trip Verified | Frontier Airlines is known as a deeply discounted airline. We have flown Frontier a couple of times, and have found the customer service to be non-existent, the seats to be terribly uncomfortable, and very cramped. Our family flew across the country on an overnight flight, and the cabin crew were very loud in the back, laughing and carrying on all night. There was no consideration for the passengers. None of us (including 4 young children) were able to even doze at all, even though it was the middle of the night. At that time I swore that I would never put my family through that again. However, when the opportunity arrived to take my family across the country again, I stupidly relented when the flight prices were so cheap. I told myself I could endure because the price was low. Come COVID-19. Our plans were cancelled, the world was in a mess. We were out of jobs, and our event in Florida was cancelled. I cancelled my flight with Frontier, assured that I would get my more than $800 full credit fur use within 90 days. 90 days? Who is going to be able to travel within 90 days? Travel restrictions abound, and I am a nurse. I am unable to leave the state or I will not be able to come back to work. So where am I going to go? I didn’t know what to do. Later, I got an email that stated in the subject line (exact words) ”Now use your travel credit to book through 9/12/21.” And the first thing in the body of the email was “Schedule extension! Now book through September 12, 2021.” There was nothing in the email to differentiate when the travel actually had to be booked vs. travel. I honestly thought it was a booking extension until Sept 12, 2021. I was relieved because I thought that Frontier was finally coming to its senses and following industry standards for issuing credits good for more than 90 days. However, when I tried to use my credit today, I was denied on the basis that it had expired by nearly 3 months and I was just out of luck. I was on the phone for one hour and forty two minutes and the answer was always “policy is policy.” Frontier sent out a (deliberately?) misleading email and now is keeping my $800+. They have stolen my money. I did my due diligence to try to use this within the time frame that I thought was given to me. The fact that Frontier just does not care and has no qualms about stealing $800 from well-meaning customers, tells me that it is a company not worth dealing with ever again. Beware of this company. Their good prices are not worth the discomfort, bad service, and all- around dishonesty. Don’t be fooled as I was.
RouteLas Vegas to Orlando