Frontier Airlines

"charged me $89 for my small backpack"

Trip Verified | I am not one to complain or write reviews, but this one needs it. Frontier is known to have cheaper flights, but then charge you for every add on. I knew this booking my flight and was fine with it. I was traveling by myself and knew I wouldn't need any add-ons. Bringing a small backpack, that was less than 18"x14"x8", no problem. My wife flew the exact same flight the previous weekend, same backpack, no issues. When I went to board the flight in Harrisburg back home to Denver, they charged me $89 at the gate for my small backpack. I even emailed the airlines with dimensions and pictures of the backpack after the flight and they wanted nothing to do with it. Do not advertise you can bring on a small hand bag with specified dimensions, if you, the airline, aren't going to comply with the rules. Way to go nickeling and diming anyone who flies by you. So, my now affordable flight, became the same cost as any other airline that offers a free check in. Not worth the hassle of trying to guess if you're going to get up-charged depending on the staff working that day. For goodness sakes, just say, pay for any luggage, that way I could have paid ahead and known it wasn't any savings from Delta, United, American, Southwest or any of the other reputable airlines. Way to go, making a dime off of your customers, Frontier.
RouteHarrisburg to Denver
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"luggage has been missing August 28"

Not Verified | Our luggage has been missing August 28. When we were in Dallas our flight was delayed due to weather, but then it was canceled we spent two hours on the runaway after they decided that they were going to cancel the flight. We literally saw them taking all the bags off the plane in Dallas. When we got off the plane there was nowhere to get our bags because it was really late in the evening. We filed a claim and staff said she guaranteed she would find our bag. She had us fill out a claim form and guarantee that she was route for us but never did. The next day I filed a claim online. We did not ask for reimbursement of our hotel nor our clothes that we had to buy. We did not get to leave until two days later because of weather. During this time we filed another claim with a manager at the airport who once again said that not finding baggage is not in there vocabulary and it was never filed. We decided to put our computer in my medication bags because Frontier charges so much for checking bags or carry-ons and we figured it was a straight through flight. He was to say that didn’t work out. We filed several other claims online filled out everything that was lost. No one responded to us or reached out to us until about two weeks ago. A manager from the San Diego airport which was our final destination Called is said that they had one of our bags. At this point it was a month approximately since we didn’t have our bags. They would not deliver it to me at my house I had to go pick it up because he wanted me to make sure to look in it to see what was missing. The manager at frontier baggage and San Diego told me well maybe your medication is in the other bag remember you flipped out and you said more things were gone. I said yes I understand but I know for a fact that my medications were in this bag. She kept on telling me they probably weren’t there in the other bag that they still can’t find. They couldn’t track our bags at all. I was told that I need to call Dallas frontier baggage and try to find my baggage myself while they try to do it as well. I do not feel like that is my responsibility this is absolutely ridiculous the time that We’ve been having to wait. Nobody has reached out to us to ask if we would like to be compensated for our baggage. We do you want to be compensated but nobody’s offered even if we were still compensated we need that computer because it has all of our information for our business. Staff at frontier baggage and San Diego told me the day I picked up my luggage that she would be getting in contact with me she never did so I called back another person and they said that they still haven’t found my bag.
RouteDallas to San Diego
Date FlownAugust 2022

"It is not worth it for the price"

Not Verified | Lost over 50 bags of luggage. I have flown with them 3 times now and not once have they left on time. Each time we board almost an hour late, the last flight we sat in the plane for an hour and 25 mins while they tried to find the missing luggage. It is not worth it for the price. Just pay the extra 100 for a different airline that actually treats you well and can get you placed on time.
RouteDenver to Seattle
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"has the worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Denver to Atlanta. This company has the worst customer service in the airline business. I will not ever fly with this group of unprofessional individuals again. The worst of worst!
RouteDenver to Atlanta
Date FlownJuly 2022

"never fly this airline again"

Not Verified | Horrible experience with this airlines. Hidden fees, 2 hours over the phone with no resolution. I will never fly this airline again. I also would not recommend this to family or friends.
RoutePhoenix to Chicago
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"They always find a way to get you!"

Trip Verified | I used to think it was worth it for the budget prices, until they made the tray tables smaller than an iPad and up charged us $248 for personal items we had measured in advance. Not worth it. You won’t end up saving $ in the long run. They always find a way to get you! Goodbye Frontier. I’ll be on another airline next time.
RoutePhoenix to San Francisco
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"never fly with Frontier Airlines again"

Trip Verified | I was on my way back from Phoenix to Chicago. Other than my flight from Chicago to PHX, which was with American Airlines, I was able to get my ticket at the machines, but in Phoenix, the Airline Frontier did not offer this function, nor was it possible to check in online in advance. I had to wait in a long line, and we all did not see any progress for over 45 minutes. We saw the reason for that was the lady at the kiosk happily involved in a loud conversation with two women about private contents. When it was finally my turn, she told me that it was too late for me, she was not able to print out my ticket. She forwarded me to her supervisor, who understood the situation and she did everything in her power to get me on the flight. She made it happen to print out the ticket after trying it with different devices - then she ran to the gate to wait for me and instructed me to be fast! I ran and, in the crowd, I saw her waiving, and she guided me quickly to the gate. I only had to pass the ticket through the control but then I was told “We are overbooked”. And I missed the flight so to speak twice. The supervisor felt so sorry (she was lovely by the way) and she tried to find another flight with another airline, as Frontier would only offer a flight 2 days later. I flew that day over Kansas City with SW Airlines and it had been a long, long inconvenient day for me. Frontier made it super complicated to get in touch with them afterward, but I found a way after intense researches. Emails went back and forth and they kept on telling me that my documents were not complete or they said it has to be a pdf and nor a jpg, once it was a pdf, they said it has to be bundled, trying to play with customers patience. I just had the feeling they are not even really reading my case. I gave everything what they wanted, but the final answer was just, that they do not refund me, not for the ticket I bought at Frontier, nor for the ticket I was forced to buy at SW Airlines. I would give Miss E, the supervisor in Phoenix 5 stars, but she is clearly working in the wrong company. I will never fly with Frontier Airlines again, and I think this is a bigger loss for Frontier, than refunding me the $500, which they owe me.
RoutePhoenix to Chicago
Date FlownJune 2022

"the worst experience traveling"

(Jamaica)

Not Verified | This was the worst experience traveling. The flight was delayed from Montego Bay to Orlando and the customer service at MBJ was poor. When arrived in Orlando had to stay on board for about hour after plane landed with no explanation, hence connecting flight was missed. My 2 yr old and 11 yr old grandkids were tired and hungry and were not accommodated for. We had to stay hungry the night from 9 pm until the next day. We had to sleep on the dirty airport floor with all kinds of diseases going around. Customer service was the worst. Lady argued with me. 1st time traveling and not even a small chips or anything to sip. Next flight wasn’t available until the following night 8 pm so we were there 24hours. No shower, no food and no bed. My 2 yr old and 11 yr old were crying. Nobody apologized. At 8pm the flight was delayed again until 9 pm. I was very stressed, even my blood pressure went up. When we checked in we had to pay for the 3 checked bags and 1 carry on which were already paid for in the beginning. When my daughter called the airline they promised I would be refunded within 7 to 15 business days. After 15 days when I called they said they’re sorry but it was cancelled so the bags were paid for twice. I have travelled with 4 other airlines and never had the experience. This was the first and definitely last with Frontier.
RouteMontego Bay to Raleigh via Orlando
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Frontier lied to me and refused to refund me for a less than $100 ticket. All of my friends flew Spirit while I flew Frontier. They had no issues but here I am disgruntled. Upon reaching the gate and waiting to board, shortly before boarding, the reservation agent made an announcement that the flight was full so she had 12 free tickets for the first 12 customers to get in line who were willing to sit in the emergency row. I was one of the 12 and she printed me (and the other 11) a new boarding pass which I used for the flight. Despite calling, chatting, using the feedback form, and filing a formal complaint, Frontier has refused to refund me for the flight I paid for as if anyone would scam a $78 flight when my return trip cost double and I provided both boarding passes. Do not trust anything that they say. Poor customer service and deceit. It is the principal of the matter. I am a public school educator. I have no reason to scam an airline for a $78 flight when I have proof of my claim. I have lost all faith in their integrity.
RouteHouston to Las Vegas
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"I’d recommend them if you are trying to save money"

Trip Verified | We flew Frontier to from SNA to CLE to visit Ohio for my cousins wedding. I was with my Dad. I am a college student with a tight schedule. We connected in Las Vegas, and waited 4 hours for a connection. (We would have flown Spirit to CLE via LAS) but by the time I knew my school schedule Spirit’s price has drastically increased, so we settled with Frontier for a better price). We knew that going in so that was an inconvenience for us, but that was the airlines schedule, so they are not at fault here. They were nice and the flights were smooth. We did not purchase a seat for the flight from SNA TO LAS leg and they put us in row 8D and 8E. Contrary to what others say, they put us is in row 8 and kept us together. We got to our destination safety, so it was a good experience. I’d recommend them if you are trying to save money and know what you are getting into in advance. The only thing with Frontier is if you try to call them, they’ll ask questions and lead to the conclusion of visiting their website, then they hang up. No one ever answered. If you do manage to talk, the hold music is extremely annoying. Other than that, flight was nice, clean plane, and that’s that! Both flights were on time, with the second leg arriving pretty early! We lucked out with me being a student in college on a tight schedule and flying an ULCC!
AircraftA321 from LAS-CLE