flydubai

"really disappointed by flydubai"

(Brazil)

Dubai to Doha, and Bahrain to Amman. Horrendous airline, a very rude and mediocre service. They are not as cheap as other airlines on the region but still I decided to try them, a very poor decision, flights often delayed, pay per everything as they are a "low cost" airline. The terminal used, Terminal 2 is dirty and lacks the basics. Ground staff don't know how to check visa requirements properly. Before boarding there was one staff aggressively checking documents. Onboard the cabin crew are indifferent and rush the service in order to be free to chat on the galley. I was really disappointed by flydubai and will do my best to avoid them in the future.
RouteDXB to DOH
Date FlownOctober 2015

"experience entirely positive"

My flight was from Dubai to Juba, and 5 hrs 40 mins is far longer than I like to spend in a Boeing 737-800 on a low cost airline. However, my flydubai experience was entirely positive. Terminal 2 at Dubai is clean and functional, visual and audible information was quite clear. It does take rather a long time to transfer from the other DXB terminals, and I would recommend a minimum of 3 hours between flights. The aircraft cabin was clean, staff polite and a snack/meal was served for free outbound and return. Outbound and return flights departed and arrived on time, and my checked bag made it safely from and to the UK, despite Juba having a small provincial airport suddenly pitched into capital city status. Full marks on this occasion.
RouteDXB to JUB
Date FlownNovember 2015

"emotional distress this caused"

I arrived with my travel partner 2.5 hours before our flydubai flight with roughly 50kg of baggage. I did not know that baggage allowance had to be purchased 4 hours before the flight since I had never flown the airline and I had purchase my ticket through Kayak, which didn't clearly state this information. The cost for our baggage since we didn't pre-purchase equated to about $500 USD. When I tried to have this reduced, the manager on site only said he would wave 10KG of cost or about $100 of the $500. I asked to speak with another manager and I went to another back office where I spoke to an operations manager who said he couldn't help me. When I came back to the check-in, the manager said he would no longer provide the 10kg allowance since it wasn't good enough for me originally. To attempt to reduce our luggage weight, the airline people told us to buy small bags from the gift shop and fill them with luggage to carry on rather than simply wave a portion of the fee since we didn't have carry-ons. We did so and almost missed our flight because at the security checkpoint they said we had too many items and had to pay to check one of the carry ons. I ended up paying $382 in luggage fees and $70 to purchase new bags and threw away one of our used suitcases all because the airline was unwilling to provide some grace on their policy and because the arrogant manager preferred to watch us sweat, panic, and almost miss our flight rather than just be a man of his original word and provide the 10kg of grace he originally offered. I can't begin to put into words the emotional distress this situation caused me and my travel partner and it even ruined the next 24 hours of my "vacation". This is absolutely no way to run a customer business.
RouteDubai to Male
Date FlownOctober 2015

"gave me the wrong seat"

(Bahrain)

Tried flydubai from Bahrain to Dubai after a long time. This time their online check in gave me the wrong seat. This has happened to me before with them. Once it does, nobody can sort it out until you go to the airport, which negates the whole point of having an online check in.
RouteBAH to DXB
Date FlownNovember 2015

"go out of my way not to use flydubai again"

I will go out of my way not to use flydubai again. The leg room is very poor, and no free services. If you like to pay for drinks or food then this is your airline. No free on board entertainment. They have duty free if you want. The flight attendants spent more time chatting among themselves and tending to their luggage then the passengers who pay their salaries. This is a cheap no frills airline!
RouteDubai to Kathmandu
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"first time with flydubai will be my last"

(Kuwait)

My first time with flydubai on 20 Sept will be my last. The tickets are cheap at the start, then flydubai charge you for carry on bags, seat assignment, and in flight entertainment etc. On my flight back from Dubai to Kuwait I had no bags to check in, my flight was due to leave within 45 mins and the check in staff for 30 mins tried to explain to me that I had to purchase another ticket because I was 15 min late. Needless to say I purchased the ticket, and informed them that I was not happy with the service I was provided. My only conclusion is that since flights are not full they make up excuses to make passengers buy additional tickets.
RouteDubai to Kuwait
Date FlownSeptember 2015

flydubai customer review

Flew HBE-DXB return. Outbound, in July was during Ramadan, typically a low season for FZ out of Alexandria. Check-in agents at HBE not particularly efficient or polite, but given the low loads (I think this flight must have had like 30 passengers onboard) this was not an issue. The flight itself was uneventful, as most everyone went to sleep and abstained from eating/drinking. Did not see cabin crew perform a drink run, nor was in-flight entertainment started. Flight comfortable as I got to stretch out. Return flight was busier, but with plenty of empty seats. Cabin crew friendly and attentive, and were selling drinks and sandwiches/snacks. FlyDubai operates 3-4 daily roundtrips on the route, so plenty of flights to choose from. Once you're done adding extras (bags, extra legroom seats) ticket price goes up a bit, but you definitely get what you pay for. FZ is my only choice on this route, and much more preferable to Egyptair's own nonstop.
RouteHBE to DXB

flydubai customer review

My family and I (2 adults, 1 child) had purchased my tickets to DXB-SAL-DXB and at the same time, had paid additional so that I could select my seats. On entering the flight, we noticed that someone was already seated on our pre-purchased seats, which was 8D, 8E and 8F. We contacted the stewardess and told her of the issue. She asked us to temporarily sit on one of the vacant seats while she gets things sorted out. My wife and child were seated on empty seats while I was standing waiting for the issue to be resolved as passengers entered and took our seats. Finally, the stewardess came and told us that we could be seated at seats 30A, 30B and 30C. Furthermore, people who were assigned to those seats were moved to the front of the flight at random seats. This ended up being a problem for them as they had to wait till most of the passengers had disembarked from the flight so that they could move to the back of the plane to collect their luggage from the overhead cabins, where it was initially stored. I understand under normal circumstances whereby the seats were randomly assigned to us. However, these were paid seats and instead of seating the people who had taken our seats to their respective seats, we were pushed all the way to the back of the flight. This is unacceptable and I do not see any reason why an organization of this repute would agree to such a policy. Secondly, there was no explanation or request on the stewardesses part - she just told us those were the seats she had allocated for us. The flight itself was satisfactory. Seats were a little tight, and the touch screen display facing my seat was not working.
RouteDubai to Salalah

flydubai customer review

I traveled from Dubai to Chennai round-trip. On time departure and arrival. Very nice and new aircraft's with good interior and pleasant to fly. Service was good and I will travel with them again.
RouteDubai to Chennai

flydubai customer review

I was scheduled to fly from Kathmandu to Colombo via Dubai, when my flight was suddenly cancelled by FlyDubai due to the earthquake in Nepal (the earthquake was 2 weeks prior.) Flydubai made minimal effort to contact me, and offered only a voucher, no refund despite being the ones who cancelled the flight. I was stranded in Kathmandu, and flydubai did not provide me any goodwill whatsoever. My fiance had a hellish time trying to speak with the customer agents on my behalf, and they do not have a toll free number so the cost to do so was on our dime. I can't believe that any company would strand someone in a natural disaster and make such little effort. I'd rather pay a bit extra than ever fly with them again.
RouteKathmandu to Colombo via Dubai