flydubai

"Our journey was efficient"

(Andorra)

Not Verified | Nothing to complain about. Our journey was efficient and everything ran smoothly. Check in was quick (although we couldn’t check in online beforehand - we were flying from Zanzibar and so apparently you can’t check in online), the flight departed 10 minutes late but then made up the time in the air and arrived perfectly on time. The plane even waited a few minutes for a couple of passengers that were running late. We brought our own food so can’t comment on the food available for purchase. All round a great experience for a budget airline - we would recommend.
RouteZanzibar to Dubai

"no social distancing"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Worst airline experience ever, used to pick them first time and never want to use again. For 1850aed/30kg one way flight I’ve got no space, dirty, old, no social distancing - head on head, unbelievable service - for example no drink on board during a 7h flight. No entertainment available, no pillow/blankets, and the flight took 1.5hr more than concurrent Dubai airlines.
RouteDubai to Prague

"the aircraft was clean"

(Qatar)

Not Verified | I flew by FlyDubai yesterday from Doha. It was my first flight after Qatar and Dubai opening their doors for each other after almost 3 years. Boarding was slightly delayed due to the late arrival of incoming aircraft. It was a full fight so to avoid further delay, we were taken to aircraft immediately. We waited in the coach at the tarmac for not more than 10 minutes and the aircraft was clean and well arranged. Flight attendants were warm and friendly, she made sure everyone was wearing their mask during the journey. Service was good. Landing was smooth. It was a nice experience.
RouteDoha to Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"such a sweet and thoughtful gesture"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | My wife and I were travelling to Yerevan, Armenia for our 1st wedding anniversary celebrations a few days and we had booked Fly Dubai flight for our travel. This was out first flight since covid hit the world. This is an appreciation post for the wonderful service we got from Fly Dubai. Apart from good COVID safety precautions, we also had a quite comfortable flight. I had a brief conversation with one of the cabin crew members where I might have mentioned the reason of our travel. The same crew walked up to my wife just before the landing and gave her a sweet handwritten note wishing us on our 1st anniversary. It was such a sweet and thoughtful gesture. We will always cherish this beautiful experience. It was beyond our expectations. We definitely recommend it to everyone.
RouteYerevan to Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"staff is not well trained"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Fly Dubai’s Staff are untrained and very unprofessional. When I went to catch my flight (FZ 8760/FZ 1729) to Kiev (via Dubai) on 23Dec19 at Delhi Airport, the lady at the check-In told me that to take this flight I need a UAE transit visa. So you can’t fly today. I tried to explain her several times that it’s a connecting flight and stopover at Dubai Airport (DXB, airport) for 3:45 hours only and I have no plan to go outside airport. I told her that I am a Ukraine permanent resident and I fly Ukraine frequently and never required visa for stopover or connecting flight if it’s from same airport, but she told me to get UAE visa before flight and refuse to entertain me. When I insist, she called another guy, he said UAE has changed the rule and now you need a visa even to change flight in UAE. I had few hours to get transit visa before my fight at Delhi airport. I was coming straight from city Varanasi (800km, around 12 hours’ drive). I called all my friend & family and even tried to contact UAE embassy to know the change in Visa rules. Finally, I got through UAE immigration lawyer and he told me that I don’t need UAE visa to change flight within same airport and suggested me to talk to airlines supervisor. After 30 continues request, when I meet supervisor, he said I don’t need UAE visa to change flight. That one hour was my life longest and worst hour. My experience with this airline was very devastated and I recommend not to use this airline. Their staff is not well trained (specially staff in India) and unprofessional.
RouteDelhi to Kiev via Dubai

"they rip you off"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | 130 USD for updating a one letter typo in my name. Yes I made a typo but it is still just my name, how can a company charge such an outraging amount for a honest typo mistake ? When I asked to then cancel my ticket (with a penalty of 80 USD), they said that they can only give me a voucher valid 1 year on the same trip. I still did as 80USD was cheaper than the correction but this company is a scam, they rip you off. Stay away.
RouteAlmaty to Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2020

"cabin crew who was very rude"

Not Verified | I flew on December 9 from Bishkek to Dubai flight number FZ 1462. I was sitting in the very last seat of the 32A plane. There was a cabin crew who was very rude. There were people waiting in line for the toilet, she was very harsh with passengers. I asked her name, and she went to the conflict with me. I couldn't see her badge, so I asked for her name. Then when I went to the bathroom, on my return I didn't find my coke and the cap I put in the seat . I don't know where she put it. I was shocked how they select such personnel?
RouteBishkek to Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2020

"staff are so irresponsible"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline I’ve travelled through The baggage staff are very irresponsible They have damaged my bag and after I contacted them they promised me that I’ll recieve a new bag I’ve mentioned that my bag is big size and baggage service staff in Delhi argued that my bag is of medium size and later when I sent measurements in the form of video and also the tag of my bag she agreed that it was a big bag, and finally sent me a bag which is of small size After complaining that it is a small size bag she kept on saying that it is impossible to give me a bag of the damaged bag and now none of the staff nor the complainant center is answering my calls I suggest not to travel through this airline Where staff are so irresponsible.
RouteKiev to Delhi via Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2020

"good way to not refund my money"

Trip Verified | I booked online, on the Flydubai website. I had to cancel because of the pandemic, but they refuse to accept that I booked online, and continually tell me to contact my travel agent. It’s a good way to not refund my money. Ripped off!
RouteDubai to Tbilisi
Date FlownAugust 2020

"misrepresented in false advertising"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | flydubai sells tickets that it advertises as 'refundable'. Nowhere in its advertising does flydubai mention that by 'refundable' they mean that they will cancel the flight, then 'refund' you with their own vouchers, which you must use in a limited time. The word 'refundable' refers to *funds*, i.e., money, not to vouchers. Other airlines that 'refund' with vouchers make that clear in their advertising. Not flydubai though. They are arguing in their defense that the voucher policy is mentioned in their ToS. But this doesn't change the fact that it is misrepresented in their false advertising! You cannot lie in one place, then defend yourself by saying that you didn't lie in another place. A lie is a lie. To make things worse, the flight they canceled was one that they had no business selling, because they did not actually have government permission to operate it. They sold tickets on a phantom flight, then canceled the flight, and pocketed the money! A plain robbery.
RouteNur-Sultan to Bucharest