flydubai

"avoid them in the future"

Dubai to Delhi on flydubai, and a rude and mediocre service. They are not as cheap as other airlines on the region but still I decided to try them, a very poor decision, pay per everything as they are a low cost airline. Dubai Terminal 2 is dirty and lacks the basics. Before boarding there was one staff said my ticket is not genuine because I booked by third party (cleartrip) - I missed the option of baggage during ticket booking, but afterwards I tried to contact airline customer care and they put me on hold for 35 mins and still never responded. I tried to find out any solution for my baggage but no support from staff and I had to pay for baggage AED678 - my ticket price was less than this. On top on this, they offer IFE seat screens but they charge you to watch it! Seat seems very small as well. I was really disappointed by flydubai and will do my best to avoid them in the future.
RouteDubai to Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2015

"a very positive experience"

Dubai to Beirut with flydubai. I was worried after reading several conflicting experiences about flydubai, however booked on them dues to the affordable price for the business seats and convenience of flight time, having flown this leg I was pleasantly surprised of the positive experience I had. Business class was almost identical to a major airline, from own counter to a lounge, separate boarding bus and very convenient seats. Plane was new, entertainment with latest movies releases, etc. Good blankets. Flight attendants not too caring but it was more than enough for a low cost, and better than low cost airlines attendants who usually try to push lottery tickets and duty free items all flights long. The Captain and first officer were very communicative and informed us several times on flight updates, turbulences etc. Flight was on time for takeoff and landing. All in all a very positive experience from a low cost.
RouteDXB to BEY
Date FlownDecember 2015

"really disappointed by flydubai"

(Brazil)

Dubai to Doha, and Bahrain to Amman. Horrendous airline, a very rude and mediocre service. They are not as cheap as other airlines on the region but still I decided to try them, a very poor decision, flights often delayed, pay per everything as they are a "low cost" airline. The terminal used, Terminal 2 is dirty and lacks the basics. Ground staff don't know how to check visa requirements properly. Before boarding there was one staff aggressively checking documents. Onboard the cabin crew are indifferent and rush the service in order to be free to chat on the galley. I was really disappointed by flydubai and will do my best to avoid them in the future.
RouteDXB to DOH
Date FlownOctober 2015

"experience entirely positive"

My flight was from Dubai to Juba, and 5 hrs 40 mins is far longer than I like to spend in a Boeing 737-800 on a low cost airline. However, my flydubai experience was entirely positive. Terminal 2 at Dubai is clean and functional, visual and audible information was quite clear. It does take rather a long time to transfer from the other DXB terminals, and I would recommend a minimum of 3 hours between flights. The aircraft cabin was clean, staff polite and a snack/meal was served for free outbound and return. Outbound and return flights departed and arrived on time, and my checked bag made it safely from and to the UK, despite Juba having a small provincial airport suddenly pitched into capital city status. Full marks on this occasion.
RouteDXB to JUB
Date FlownNovember 2015

"emotional distress this caused"

I arrived with my travel partner 2.5 hours before our flydubai flight with roughly 50kg of baggage. I did not know that baggage allowance had to be purchased 4 hours before the flight since I had never flown the airline and I had purchase my ticket through Kayak, which didn't clearly state this information. The cost for our baggage since we didn't pre-purchase equated to about $500 USD. When I tried to have this reduced, the manager on site only said he would wave 10KG of cost or about $100 of the $500. I asked to speak with another manager and I went to another back office where I spoke to an operations manager who said he couldn't help me. When I came back to the check-in, the manager said he would no longer provide the 10kg allowance since it wasn't good enough for me originally. To attempt to reduce our luggage weight, the airline people told us to buy small bags from the gift shop and fill them with luggage to carry on rather than simply wave a portion of the fee since we didn't have carry-ons. We did so and almost missed our flight because at the security checkpoint they said we had too many items and had to pay to check one of the carry ons. I ended up paying $382 in luggage fees and $70 to purchase new bags and threw away one of our used suitcases all because the airline was unwilling to provide some grace on their policy and because the arrogant manager preferred to watch us sweat, panic, and almost miss our flight rather than just be a man of his original word and provide the 10kg of grace he originally offered. I can't begin to put into words the emotional distress this situation caused me and my travel partner and it even ruined the next 24 hours of my "vacation". This is absolutely no way to run a customer business.
RouteDubai to Male
Date FlownOctober 2015

"gave me the wrong seat"

(Bahrain)

Tried flydubai from Bahrain to Dubai after a long time. This time their online check in gave me the wrong seat. This has happened to me before with them. Once it does, nobody can sort it out until you go to the airport, which negates the whole point of having an online check in.
RouteBAH to DXB
Date FlownNovember 2015

"go out of my way not to use flydubai again"

I will go out of my way not to use flydubai again. The leg room is very poor, and no free services. If you like to pay for drinks or food then this is your airline. No free on board entertainment. They have duty free if you want. The flight attendants spent more time chatting among themselves and tending to their luggage then the passengers who pay their salaries. This is a cheap no frills airline!
RouteDubai to Kathmandu
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"first time with flydubai will be my last"

(Kuwait)

My first time with flydubai on 20 Sept will be my last. The tickets are cheap at the start, then flydubai charge you for carry on bags, seat assignment, and in flight entertainment etc. On my flight back from Dubai to Kuwait I had no bags to check in, my flight was due to leave within 45 mins and the check in staff for 30 mins tried to explain to me that I had to purchase another ticket because I was 15 min late. Needless to say I purchased the ticket, and informed them that I was not happy with the service I was provided. My only conclusion is that since flights are not full they make up excuses to make passengers buy additional tickets.
RouteDubai to Kuwait
Date FlownSeptember 2015

flydubai customer review

Flew HBE-DXB return. Outbound, in July was during Ramadan, typically a low season for FZ out of Alexandria. Check-in agents at HBE not particularly efficient or polite, but given the low loads (I think this flight must have had like 30 passengers onboard) this was not an issue. The flight itself was uneventful, as most everyone went to sleep and abstained from eating/drinking. Did not see cabin crew perform a drink run, nor was in-flight entertainment started. Flight comfortable as I got to stretch out. Return flight was busier, but with plenty of empty seats. Cabin crew friendly and attentive, and were selling drinks and sandwiches/snacks. FlyDubai operates 3-4 daily roundtrips on the route, so plenty of flights to choose from. Once you're done adding extras (bags, extra legroom seats) ticket price goes up a bit, but you definitely get what you pay for. FZ is my only choice on this route, and much more preferable to Egyptair's own nonstop.
RouteHBE to DXB
Date FlownAugust 2015

flydubai customer review

My family and I (2 adults, 1 child) had purchased my tickets to DXB-SAL-DXB and at the same time, had paid additional so that I could select my seats. On entering the flight, we noticed that someone was already seated on our pre-purchased seats, which was 8D, 8E and 8F. We contacted the stewardess and told her of the issue. She asked us to temporarily sit on one of the vacant seats while she gets things sorted out. My wife and child were seated on empty seats while I was standing waiting for the issue to be resolved as passengers entered and took our seats. Finally, the stewardess came and told us that we could be seated at seats 30A, 30B and 30C. Furthermore, people who were assigned to those seats were moved to the front of the flight at random seats. This ended up being a problem for them as they had to wait till most of the passengers had disembarked from the flight so that they could move to the back of the plane to collect their luggage from the overhead cabins, where it was initially stored. I understand under normal circumstances whereby the seats were randomly assigned to us. However, these were paid seats and instead of seating the people who had taken our seats to their respective seats, we were pushed all the way to the back of the flight. This is unacceptable and I do not see any reason why an organization of this repute would agree to such a policy. Secondly, there was no explanation or request on the stewardesses part - she just told us those were the seats she had allocated for us. The flight itself was satisfactory. Seats were a little tight, and the touch screen display facing my seat was not working.
RouteDubai to Salalah