flydubai

"notorious for delays"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Booked a flight to Osaka with Emirates with transit through Dubai. The only thing I hate about Emirates is those codeshare agreements with Flydubai who are notorious for delays (based on past experience). However, this one took me by surprise and the plane we got on was actually well air conditioned, had a swift and advanced infotainment system with big screens with good tv options and the food (hummus sandwich and saffron cake) was complimentary and extremely delicious. If Flydubai keeps this experience consistent, I might consider them for my regular Dubai getaways.
RouteBahrain to Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Dirty seats and airplane"

Trip Verified | Dirty seats and airplane. 5 hours flight with one choice of meal (Chicken pasta), and meal supposed to contain salads, drinks and others, but for Flydubai is just one piece. All flight entertainments are paid, so you have no meal and entertainments services for 5 hours flight. Did complain to flight service manager, and the only answer I got, which is, this is Flydubai policy.
RouteDubai to Istanbul

"disappointed about everything"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | I am disappointed about everything inside this trip. There is not enough space between the seats. The services are awful almost nothing is included inside the plane. There was some food but very little, not even water there are not providing you if you require additional. There is no free entertainment, you have to pay for everything. I have flown with many companies along the last 14 years, but this was one of my worst experience that I had.
RouteBucharest to Dubai

"The weakest airline"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | The weakest airline both in terms of service and in-flight service. Due to the delay of one of their flights, I missed the other two flights. They did nothing for me.
RouteTehran to Dubai

"Traumatic experience"

Trip Verified | Traumatic experience on 9/11/2022. Sat in the Aircraft without taking off for more than 2.5 hours. Air-conditioning ineffective. It was only after a near revolt by the passengers that they decided to let us disembark without any clear indication of what next? Not a single FlyDubai employee to guide the passengers. Some Arabic speaking passengers were given some kind of information. The rest of us just sat there. Finally boarded the same aircraft 4 hours later. Again sat without taking off for about 1 Hour. Finally reached Dubai 7 hours late. Very poor handling on board as well as from FlyDubai After sales team.
RouteRiyadh to Dubai

"a disappointing experience"

Trip Verified | Very poor customer service and a disappointing experience. Avoid if you can. This company offers a budget service far worse than other competitors and when flights get cancelled only offers a voucher instead of a refund.
RouteDubai to Doha
Date FlownNovember 2022

"I wish I read the reviews earlier"

Not Verified | Absolute garbage airline. I flew my wife out with my 1 year old daughter buying tickets a week in advance. Not only was it 3x normal rate. When my wife got to the gate, they took her stroller to baggage claim, a stroller we flew with many times on different airlines claiming it’s not allowed on theirs. I spoke with a "customer care" agent who was non stop telling me their policy is against strollers on board. So I found their policy online on their site and had to prove them wrong. My wife got stuck on a 6 hour transfer stroller less. No service. As everyone knows, no refunds. God awful company, how and why people fly with them is beyond me, but once for me is enough, I wish I read the reviews earlier. Movies on a 2000$ flight cost money, meal is god awful. Stay away.
RouteAlmaty to Bahrain via Dubai
Date FlownOctober 2022

"service from the attendants was appalling"

Trip Verified | I have flown a lot, and this trip rates as the worst I have ever experienced. I flew DXB - Zanzibar return (FZ1687 and FZ1688), outward on 10/10/2022 and return 18/10/2022. The service from the attendants was appalling with only a plastic cup of water offered to drink with a sub standard meal. Attitude from the attendants was also poor. They preferred to sit in the back of the plane and do nothing than attend to passengers. The seating was uncomfortable and crammed, and the air conditioner was set uncomfortably high. I tried booking the emergency exit row for more space (prepared to pay) but it was not available online, and on embarking they were open but snapped up by passengers paying on the spot. All in all a really poor experience for an expensive flight. If I have a choice I will never use FlyDubai again.
RouteDubai to Zanzibar
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Don't expect any level of good service from the customer service"

(Qatar)

Not Verified | I was supposed to fly from Qatar to Dubai on the coming weekend and due to personal issues, I had to cancel my booking with FlyDubai. After deducting the penalty (which is understandable), they gave me a refund as a voucher. Who needs a voucher? I can't get back the money that I paid and that too after deducting the penalty? Don't expect any level of good service from the customer service. It was just horrible and they refuse to give information or pass on the situation to a higher authority. I have flown with FlyDubai last year from Georgia to Dubai and they have rescheduled my flight twice and that is just how pathetic their services are. I am so disgusted by their service.
RouteDoha to Dubai
Date FlownOctober 2022

"airline is not cheap: their customer service is"

Trip Verified | The entire holidays was booked well in advance, visas included. FZ cancelled not only the flight but the entire destination and they still want to give us a voucher instead of full cash refund. Their Condition of Carriage DOES NOT contemplate the issuance of a voucher in case THEY cancel the entire destination, but only if the passenger cancels because of a change in schedule. There is not even the Covid excuse now. Never seen such an incompetent customer service. Thankfully we didn't book business class as originally planned! Not to mention that "the credit card system is down" excuse has been used for the past several months and they force you to pay cash only (or via direct bank transfer), just to avoid bank charges. If it was a super-cheap company I would understand, but this airline is not cheap: their customer service is!
RouteDubai to Al Ula