easyJet

"easyJet our first port of call"

Trip Verified | Liverpool to Palma de Mallorca. I've just worked out that this year my wife and I have made 5 return trips from Liverpool with easyJet: 4 to Spain and 1 to Cyprus. The total cost was just over £630. Each flight went off without any problem: in fact, the only unusual event was being told at the gate for one of the flights that our seats had been changed - one row forward! We had a slight delay on a return journey but we were kept informed. Our most recent trip, to Mallorca earlier this month, was typical of the reliable service we have always experienced from easyJet: we left on time and arrived early, the cabin crew worked hard without any fuss and the cockpit team kept us informed. We did not even have to wait beyond the gate before boarding on the outward journey. For us, cost and convenience make easyJet our first port of call when planning any foreign holiday.
RouteLiverpool to Palma de Mallorca
Date FlownOctober 2018

"customer service was horrid"

Trip Verified | Easyjet and their staff at Rome FCO airport are a joke. I needed to fly out of Rome to Paris on October 3rd, 2018. Our original flight was at 9:50 am. It was at the airport that I realized I didn't have my passport. I went up to the Easyjet desk and explained to them that I do not have my passport and it most likely was left at a shop in Central Rome. At this time, it was only an assumption that my passport was there. This is because I received a missed call from a Rome number the night before. I spoke to the man about my situation and he said that it would be fine for me to go retrieve my passport and come back and book a flight (fully knowing that my original flight was at 9:50 am and it would take me 2 hours round trip to get my passport from Central Rome). He said that once I had my passport he can go ahead and book a new flight for me no problem, I just had to pay the difference. I wanted to make sure I knew everything I needed to know before leaving the airport and just wanted reassurance that there would be space available for me when I come back to book my flight to Paris. He said everything was fine, just go get my passport. I come back to the airport and an employee says there is nothing she can do and that I had to buy a completely new flight. I told her I had spoken to her colleague this morning and he said I can pay the difference. I tried to ask her understand my situation and that her colleague had told me otherwise. She would not change her mind. I agree to buy a new flight and I realized I booked for Oct 04 instead of Oct 3. I tell her I just booked the flight like 2 minutes ago but I booked for the wrong day, can she change the flight for me. She says that for her to change the flight Easyjet will keep 40-50 euros for the change. You can imagine how frustrated I was at this point. I compromise and purchase a new flight even though her colleague told me I would only have to pay the difference, I go and book my own flight because an Easyjet employee with a computer right in front her, says that she can’t help me, and on top of that the they are charging me to change a flight that I literally had booked 2 minutes prior to talking to her. It just didn’t make any sense. Nowhere did I read that there is a 2 hour time limit on booking a new flight. Nowhere did I see that Easyjet would keep a portion of what you had paid just to change the flight on top of paying a difference. The customer service was absolutely horrid and honestly non-existent. It’s not worth it to fly this cheap airline.
RouteRome to Paris Ory
Date FlownOctober 2018

"helpful, informative and polite"

Trip Verified | Just got back from Pula flying with Easyjet and have to say both journeys were brilliant. The cabin crew were helpful, informative and polite. A superb example of how low cost airlines are putting some of the more costly airlines to shame and proof that low costs doesn't mean low quality or poor customer services.
RouteLondon Southend to Pula, Croatia
Date FlownOctober 2018

"trickery of the booking system"

Trip Verified | I have used easyJet many many times since their earliest flights. Everything has been reasonably acceptable given the limitations of a no-frills airline and the intricate trickery of the booking system. However the company shows a completely different character if anything non-standard occurs and the customer experience now becomes a completely different one. EasyJet pre-emptively cancelled a Marseilles to Bristol flight at the end of June on the basis of a threatened French air traffic control strike. In the event there was no strike. For myself and my wife I spent £530 pounds and not a little stress to return to Bristol by train.​ ​ I have since attempted to recover these costs under 'Expense Claim. Replacement Travel to your Destination'. That's where the fun starts. To attempt any interaction with Customer Services or the mis-named 'Resolution Team' unearths a most unpleasant side to the happy, smiling image the Company would like to portray.​ ​ I attempted to upload travel receipts to the online claim form. Problem. Webchat agent twice told me it would only work with Google Chrome! Advised to forward all by mail to Luton. Eventually Customer Services replied to say claims were only allowable online. Again told to use Google Chrome despite quite efficiently receiving my payments for many years by Internet Explorer/Edge. Another Webchat agent under duress sent me a link to send all claims documents. Sent but worryingly no acknowledgement. Webchat again promised response from Claims within 24 hrs. Nothing. Tried phoning but gave up after 1hr15mins. Sent complaint. Promised response within 28 days. Still waiting after 40. Webchat again. Usual pre-scripted press-button patronising platitudes but promised a response same day! Silly me to get excited because nothing. Today another little webchat. I was informed that the CASE HAS BEEN closed and that I should call the Resolution Team ! Now it's getting laughable.....if only! Tried phoning them this morning but lost the will to live after 1hr10mins and gave up.​ ​ I've now got much better things to do. So, easyjet you have avoided yet another justifiable recompense through your patently obvious policy of distraction, obfuscation, confusion, frustration, false sympathy, untruths and diversion. I am sure someone somewhere is happy but in reality you should be totally ashamed.​
RouteMarseilles to Bristol
Date FlownJune 2018

"really bad experience"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Milan to Tel Aviv. Just tried your “hands free” service. It was a really bad experience. First of all, I had to wait for the whole line at bag drop even though I was already checked in. Secondly no one told me that if you’re using the service you’re not allowed to have a small bag with you for passport and water so I got fined for 60 euros, while if I had my suitcase with me I would just put my small bag inside. Thirdly, I was promised to be one of the first to get their bags, which didn’t happen and I had to wait for almost 40 minutes while the other passengers where already taking their bags. So eventually I paid 6 pounds for a service that caused me very long waiting times and a 60 euro fine.
RouteMilan to Tel Aviv
Date FlownOctober 2018

"not the way we should be treated"

Trip Verified | Verona to Gatwick. Appalled by priority check in - we had a 5 month 3 week year old baby boy therefore meant to have priority check in, as previously stated. We were placed on the buses ‘first’, trying to fight our way through the queue of people. We were then sat on the bus for 45 minutes whilst we waited for everyone else to board the bus. How is this priority? My nephew was asleep at the time and the plan was to feed him as soon as we got on the flight. This did not happen due to having to wait for everyone else to get on the bus, as well as everyone else getting off of the bus before us and getting on the plane before us. This is unacceptable and appalling. We are not at all happy about this! This is not the way we should be treated as priority customers!
RouteVerona to Gatwick
Date FlownOctober 2018

"the usual no-frills flight"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Flew easyJet from London Gatwick to Budapest. Unpleasant scene at boarding gate, where frosty staff with all the charm of an army sergeant insisted that the second small item clearly allowed on board must be squeezed into the main hand luggage, making many passengers repack in frenzy. Other than this, the usual no-frills flight.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Budapest
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"all very cheerful and helpful"

Trip Verified | I flew from Manchester to Venice Marco Polo on 6th October. Plane left on time. It was clean and as comfortable as can be for a Budget airline. The onboard staff were all very cheerful and helpful. Arrived in Venice slightly early after an uneventful flight, I returned on 11th October. Again the plane left on time. After take off I managed to move and get 3 seats on my own. Stretched out and read a book. Landed at Manchester 15 minutes early. Again the staff were all cheerful and efficient. Fantastic value for money at £85 return! I've always had a good experience with easyJet, and can't speak too highly of them.
RouteManchester to Venice

"Flight attendants friendly"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Funchal. They are very punctual even arriving earlier than schedule. Plane cabin needed some improvement on cleaning as it was oddly dusty. Flight attendants friendly but too focused on selling duty free items.
RouteLisbon to Funchal
Date FlownOctober 2018

"treated kindly by cabin staff"

Trip Verified | Heraklion to Gatwick. Flight was very late (about 2 hours delay), but we knew this a long time in advance due to updates from the mobile app. Check-in, bag drop and boarding all seamless, journey on their new A320neo very comfortable and we were treated kindly by the cabin staff and given frequent updates from the flight deck. As we knew we were landing at Gatwick in the wee hours we booked a hotel adjacent to the terminal, which allowed for a stress-free arrival.
RouteHeraklion to Gatwick