easyJet

"seat was kind of comfortable"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Paris CDG to Barcelona. The flight departed with a delay of 30 minutes, not to bad. The seat was kind of comfortable and reclined but you could see it was a very old aircraft. Cabin crew were polite.
RouteParis CDG to Barcelona
Date FlownJune 2019

"our personal items were too big"

Trip Verified | I had flown with Easy Jet seven years ago, and at the time, we got a low fare, but then there were many additional charges that were added. That was fine, as they were honest about it from the word go, and I knew what to expect. In booking with them for a flight to Sofia from Gatwick, I looked on line, and was pleased to see that they now included one cabin bag and personal item in the cost of their tickets, so I booked with them. I assumed that this was an attempt to compete with other discount airlines like Ryanair, etc. We checked in on line, and while waiting at the gate to board, there was an EasyJet employee going through the line and picking people out of the line and charging them a 50 pound fine for having an extra bag. She got a number of people as she did this and had a machine at the ready to charge our credit cards. When I protested, she said that our personal items were too big, and that I should have read the terms and conditions more carefully. How many people do that? Without being a member of their "Easy travellers" group, it was the same as always, and we were "fined" 100 pounds because our personal items were too large. Had we known, we would have factored that additional charge into the cost of our flight, and would have likely flown with someone else as the EasyJet flight was much more than other airlines with the additional baggage cost, and they flew at inconvenient times, and into the nasty, old disused terminal at Sofia Airport. If someone makes you pay an additional 100 pounds to board a flight you have already paid for, there is no name for it other than theft, fraud or extortion. At EasyJet, it is called business as usual. Never again!
RouteGatwick to Sofia
Date FlownMay 2019

"Flight punctual and uneventful"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Berlin Tegel to Athens. Downloaded the app and attempted to check in approximately 5 hours prior to departure. Although I attempted several times, I was not able to do that and I kept getting the response that I need to go to the counter in order to check in. I went to the airport with some stress more than 2 hours prior to departure and after waiting a bit of waiting, I was told that the flight was overbooked, I got a boarding pass without a seat number and was asked to proceed to the gate. I would enter the flight if there was a no show from another passenger. I had hand luggage only and was pretty stressed. I was waiting on the gate and I informed the gate agents. They told me I'd have to wait until embarkation. Just 10' prior to departure I received an e-boarding pass on the app, with a confirmed seat (3B) and so I made it to the flight. Flight itself was punctual and uneventful.
RouteBerlin Tegel to Athens
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Last time I fly Easyjet"

Trip Verified | Geneva to Venice. Last time I fly with Easyjet. In the last 16 months I've traveled several times on the same route, and every single time the evening flight was late. It's useless to have cheap solutions if the price to pay is arriving every time 20 mins to 2 hours late. Next time I'll pay very gladly some extra €80 to fly with a more serious and punctual company.
RouteGeneva to Venice

"we missed our flight"

Trip Verified | We were supposed to fly on Monday 20 May from Luton to Amsterdam at 8am. The flight was delayed to 9.40am. When they announced the gate at 8.55am we went to the gate indicated, gate 21. There was a long queue and we were at the end of it. By the time someone from the airline came to us to let us know that the gate for our flight was at gate 27, it was too late and we missed our flight. We got told to go to gate 6 to talk to someone from the airline. There isn't anybody gate 6, only a phone that nobody answers with a voicemail full. Eventually after about 10 calls or so we managed to talk to someone who said we would need to pay £99 per person to change the flight, either at 6-ish pm from Luton or 2.20pm from Gatwick. In the meantime someone from the airport came to "escort us" and take us to talk to someone from the airline. Once we passed security and were in the baggage claim area they actually disappeared. We managed to find the Customer Service Desk to have someone tell us the same thing i.e. £99 pp to change the flight. Online the price was less so we booked online for the 2.20pm from Gatwick for £175.86 and had to pay another £62 (£31 each) to transfer to Gatwick for a grand total of £237.86.
RouteLuton to Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2019

"only one that was charged"

Trip Verified | Athens to Gatwick. They tagged several travelers for having a carry on and a purse but out of 6 or 7 people I was the only one that was charged. On top of that they wrote down my credit card number and expiration date instead of processing it electronically. Service agents were rude to me. Just because your cheap doesn't entitle you to be rude and disrespectful.
RouteAthens to Gatwick
Date FlownMay 2019

"first and last time with easyjet"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Lyon. Our flight was cancelled because reasons that was not fault of the company, however the way the personal of Easyjet managed the situation was so bad. They made us wait 30 minutes online, then 45 minutes more, then board the plane, one hour more, to finally go out the plane, flight cancelled till next day. 2 more hours waiting online in customer service to get a hotel to rest that night like the personal promised us... false. Then they said, get your hotel and easyjet will refund. It was 1 am. A lot of people like me, we could not get a hotel at that moment, so we spent the night in the airport. Then, the personal of Easy jet promise us that we will receive a compensation for this problem, if we write a claim. I did, Easyjet said they can not give money for this situation. I can understand that sometimes Easyjet can have unpredictable situations, the problem here was the way the personal managed the situation. It was like they played with us and with our time. Wait here, now here, wait there...you will get a rest...false. Definitely my first and my last time with easyjet.
RouteMadrid to Lyon

"Service was good"

Trip Verified | Santorini to Gatwick. Flight departed within a few minutes of scheduled time. Plane was a very new A321. Seat was Ok but it would have been nice to have some better support on head rest to support head if trying to sleep. Flight had some spares seats so my backpack could go in the overhead locker rather than under the seat in front. Cabin crew seemed cheerful. Service was good, shared some wine and snacks, which were priced ok. Flight landed 5 minutes late at Gatwick but we were delayed due to no gate being available, which is always frustrating. Luggage arrived quite quickly by Gatwick standards. All In all a good job by EasyJet.
RouteSantorini to Gatwick

"You get what you get"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Santorini. Boarding was a bit chaotic. The boarding gate was announced and all of the passengers had passed through to the boarding area waiting to board, then they announced a gate change and we all had to cross to the other end of the airport to a new gate. There was then a further wait until we boarded. This was explained as due to a change of aircraft, which we had been advised of by email the day before! Once on board we had a further delay and finally departed about 90 mins late. flight time was less than scheduled and we landed at Santorini about one hour late. I am 6ft tall and found the leg room very tight particularly as my small cabin bag had to go under the seat in front. Seat itself was reasonably comfortable. Service on board we ok, although the cabin crew did not seem as cheerful as they usually are on EasyJet. Food and drink selection is ok and not overpriced considering the captive market. You get what you get with Easyjet and it offers better value than BA on the same route.
RouteGatwick to Santorini
Date FlownMay 2019

"delivered top class service"

Not Verified | Just got home from a great flight with easyjet flight, EZY6446 from Faro to Newcastle. I'm a nervous flyer and to top it off there was screaming kids on the flight. The crew, although from what we heard had a rough trip to Faro before we boarded but despite this delivered top class service and geordie humour to lighten the mood. The lead air steward was fab and so funny it naturally put my nerves at ease, mostly because we were too busy laughing at him. You could really see why he was a lead and kept the morale of his team up! Look forward to flying with easyjet again!
RouteFaro to Newcastle