easyJet

"the trip went like a dream"

Trip Verified | A huge thank you to easyJet for making my trip to Kraków so easy and enjoyable. I’ve had an operation on my Achilles tendon and, after 6 weeks in plaster, I’m currently wearing a surgical boot. I use a ‘knee walker/scooter’ to get around but mobility is restricted nonetheless. I was a little apprehensive prior to my trip to Kraków but I shouldn’t have worried. EasyJet and their airport services partners (OCS in Bristol and Welcome in Kraków) meant the trip went like a dream. I was assisted at every step throughout the airport process - from check-in, through security, up to the gate and finally on to the aircraft. On arrival in Kraków I was met by the Welcome team who not only helped me off the aircraft, into the terminal and through immigration, but escorted me to the railway station and put me on a train to the city centre. The whole process was replicated on the return journey. We often read criticism of easyJet and their ilk but I really think that people very often only write about their bad experiences. So I just want to balance the scales a little and present a ‘good news’ story. I had a wonderful time in Kraków, helped in no small part by easyJet and their partners. Thank you very much guys - you did a wonderful job!
RouteBristol to Kraków
Date FlownDecember 2019

"took away my cabin bag"

Trip Verified | Valencia to Gatwick. The flight was 20 minute delayed. They took away my cabin bag to put it as a checked baggage. Later, when we got late to London, I had to wait 40 minutes for my luggage. When it finally arrived, there was no train anymore so I had to take a taxi which was really expensive. I tried to call them and the man who talked to me directly redirected me to the website without barely listening to my complaint. I then complained on the website, where I could not detail what was wrong with my flight and they denied my complaint within 2 hours. This is unacceptable.
RouteValencia to Gatwick
Date FlownDecember 2019

"charged me 52 Euros for a bag"

Trip Verified | Venice to Paris. I booked 3 economy tickets through an agent and booked 26 kgs of luggage and then another 15 kgs of luggage online before the flight. We had 3 bags first bag 18kgs, second bag 15 kgs and the third bag was 8 kgs which was equivalent or few kgs less than the luggage we paid and booked. They say you booked only two loads of 26kgs and 15kgs each and we will not allow your 3rd bag. They charged me 52 Euros for a bag of just 8 kgs. We felt like as though we were looted.
RouteVenice to Paris
Date FlownNovember 2019

"ensuring their rules are standard"

Trip Verified | Bristol to Geneva. I came across the rudest, least empathetic airline employee today. After letting other women with totes and carry ons walk by she picked me out and asked me to open my carry on, put my tote in it, close it and fit it into the carry on size check boxes. My carry on is sold under description it says allowed on EasyJet flights. When i did what she asked me to do my suitcase fit but i couldnt bend and lift the carry on again. When I asked for help she said she would come but made me wait until almost everyone had boarded. I asked her why she was being so mean to me while letting everyone else walk by with same or more luggage. No response. Instead of helping me she walked back to the line and boarded more passengers. At the end it was a kind young female passenger that helped me lift the carry on out of the size checking bars. She also commented on the employee's rudeness. Because I was late in boarding despite having paid extra for a front row seat, my carry on ended up being stored 20 rows behind me. It will be fun finding it after landing. It is not that she asked me to check what is a standard rule at EasyJet but that she did not ask other with same or more weight to do the same so I was arbitrarily picked by her. I wish I had other choices when flying out of Bristol but Easyjet is my only option. I would really appreciate the company providing some common sense and empathy training to their customer-facing employees and ensuring that their rules are standard for all passengers, not just those an employee arbitrarily selects.
AircraftA319/320
RouteBristol to Geneva

"was a decent flight"

Trip Verified | Bari to Milan. Check in was speedy, but like most budget carriers, they also seek jet-bridge averse which is fine seeing as it probably speeds up their turnaround and lowers overall costs. Priority boarding seems a little more exclusive as it should be. With two door boarding disembarkation, the plane loaded and unloaded fairly quickly, so all things considered, this was a decent flight. Main line carriers are however roughly the same price if you travel with checked bags like I do, so I’d just pick whichever flight has the best time.
RouteBari to Milan
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Cabin crew cheerful and helpful"

Not Verified | Early morning easyJet flight from Manchester to Malta left on time and arrived on time. Plane was clean, and seats were comfortable for a 3 hour+ flight. Cabin crew cheerful and helpful. And all for under £50.- Fantastic.
RouteManchester to Malta

"another disappointing experience"

Not Verified | I’ve only used easyJet a couple of times. Each time I’m even more disappointed with the service. I was flying from Barcelona to London on the 19th of November. Staff were very rude from the point of queuing till you get on the plane. I was carrying one hand-luggage in addition to my bag and I was asked to pay £60 for such thing and which I refused to do so. Then my carry-on luggage was held from the staff instead of being on board with me when it was supposed to be a cabin bag. Staff were not helpful at all. There’s always going to be an issue with your hand-luggage and without staff to help you. Overall it was another disappointing experience by easyJet in comparison to other budget airlines and I would not be recommending.
RouteBarcelona to London
Date FlownNovember 2019

"ticket was extremely cheap"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Amsterdam. Flight was sold out and ground staff in Vienna obviously did not observe Easyjet's hand luggage procedure. At the end it took forever until crew could label and offload the carry on luggage of about 20 people. Of course the slot was missed and the delay caused by the ground staff was severe. Crew was unfriendly and everyone who understood Dutch could listen to the purser and 2 crew members when they started complaining about the ground staff, about passengers etc - they really did not care at all. Service was done by showing the bistro card and later the in-flight-sales brochure while rushing through the aisle. It was amazing how badly that crew behaved. I have to say the ticket was extremely cheap and if you see it as a flying bus-service it is all good.
RouteVienna to Amsterdam
Date FlownOctober 2019

"you were terrific"

Not Verified | EZY6254 Lisbon to Bristol. I just wanted to say thank you so much to the cabin crew, you were terrific. I wasn't feeling well and they went above and beyond to help me. Thank you.
RouteLisbon to Bristol
Date FlownNovember 2019

"flabbergasted at this generosity"

Not Verified | I am writing in praise of easyjet customer services at Gatwick airport. Last week my 2 friends and myself who are all in our 70`s were on an Easyjet flight to Majorca from Liverpool when one of my friends fell ill on the plane. The crew did a great job attending to him but then decided that we had to divert to Gatwick so that he could go to hospital.On landing he transferred to an ambulance and my friend and I had to accompany him to Redhill hospital while the flight continued on to Majorca. After spending 5 hours with our cases he was discharged but told that he could not fly with his condition. As we had to get back to Liverpool we decided to go back to the Easyjet desk at Gatwick to see if they could advise us how we could get back home. After explaining our dilemma to a wonderful young lady, she who arranged a taxi for us to get home which involved a 500 mile round trip for the driver. She then supplied us with two tickets from Manchester to Palma the next day for two of us to continue our holiday. When I asked how much I would have to pay she said that Easyjet would foot the bill. We were flabbergasted at this generosity and we would like to thank Easyjet for their superb customer service and recommend them for future travel.
RouteLiverpool to Palma