easyJet

"Easyjet - Difficultjet"

Trip Verified | Easyjet gave me problems. I have a flight from Seville to Gatwick on 7th March, I want to change it and it is supposed I would have to pay the change difference. It didn't happen. I tried to managed the booking for the 23rd April, same destination, and there is no fee difference, deduction. I have to pay the whole flight, all the price. I tried to call to customer service but they cannot do nothing. I asked if there is a possibility to speak with IT as it could be a mistake from the website but they said no. I used to fly with them but I am considering not doing so anymore. Conclusion. Easyjet is not flexible and it felt like a theft as he had to pay a whole new flight when they specified only the difference in fare to be pay. Easyjet - Difficultjet.
RouteSeville to London Gatwick
Date FlownOctober 2020

"flights were reasonably pleasant"

Trip Verified | We flew easyJet twice, going from Gatwick to Athens and back. Both flights were reasonably pleasant, service was alright and food alright as well. When we first got to the airport in Athens and went through check-in, it was fast, efficient and the staff were friendly. Airport procedures were smooth and hassle free. The boarding area was quite busy and few shops and cafès were open. We ended up waiting about an hour when we got to the gate because getting through the airport was more efficient than expected. The plane was clean but not spotless. The toilets stank a bit and there was a bit of mess in places but nothing to make a big deal about. You needed to pay for food, but the prices weren't too over-the-top. The food itself was OK as well. The choice wasn't fantastic: They had a calzone, bacon sandwich and something else with bacon but by the time they got to the back the calzone was sold out and I can't have pork. I was stuck with the breakfast box, which wasn't fantastic but wasn't bad. Service was OK. There were four cabin staff, all female, and they were friendly enough, but they were all young and wouldn't stop gossiping at the back near where we were, and it did eventually get slightly annoying being forced to listen to the four women banging on about makeup. Seats were narrow and uncomfortable, legroom was poor. COVID procedures were followed, cleanliness was not bad. I wouldn't exactly recommend it, but if it's your only option then it's fine.
RouteAthens to Gatwick
Date FlownNovember 2020

"said I had the wrong covid-19 test"

Trip Verified | I was denied boarding from this flight, they said I had the wrong covid-19 test even though I had a negative test taken within 72 hours of the flight as stated. I have contacted customer service multiple times to try to get a refund or at least the reason I was denied boarding in documentation so I can submit it to my travel insurance company, but cannot get a response back, except one stating that the reason I was denied boarding was that I showed the test on my phone, which I know to be false because I saw plenty of people do the same thing and be denied boarding and there is no policy on their website on what kind of test to take or that it can't be shown on a phone. I lost a business opportunity and hundreds of euros in accommodation and travel expenses in Spain. I will never fly this airline again, and I hope after continuing to reach out, one day they'll have the decency to give me a legitimate reason for being denied boarding.
RouteManchester to Malaga
Date FlownDecember 2020

"credit card was refunded the whole amount"

Not Verified | We were due to fly in the middle of July this year with EasyJet. I was sent an email to say that if we didn’t wish to travel at that time because of COVID I could claim a voucher or change to other flights or if that didn’t work for us to ring customer services team. Of course like many people that proved impossible as it kept me in a queue for about an hour then cut me off. After several attempts I gave up. There are no customer service emails that they read so that proved impossible although I tried the all the email addresses I could find. All were undelivered. I then wrote a letter to Mr. John Leighton who is head of customer services. This was sent recorded delivery to make sure it was received. The letter was never acknowledged although I did request that they kindly reply. There has been no communication from EasyJet about a refund but to my surprise my credit card was refunded the whole amount end of October total of £968. So a satisfying result in this case and I’m delighted that EasyJet refunded me. I’ve never had a problem with EasyJet before and have always been satisfied with their service within so am happy to say we would definitely fly with them again. I do think though that their communication should be far better.
RouteGatwick to Larnaca
Date FlownMarch 2020

"customer service staff are rude and incompetent"

Not Verified | What a ridiculous flight company. Keep cancelling flights and providing vouchers that we will never be able to use. Basically once they take your money, you will never see them back, we are waiting for a refund since May! Their customer service staff are rude and incompetent. In the beginning of year when COVID started, all easyjet employees where putting on Facebook things like "Do not ask for refund, please accept our voucher instead, you will save our company", we (Customer) helped you by accepting this useless voucher but the voucher cannot be used because there are no flights available for our destination and we cannot get the refund either, basically easyJet said "we took your money and you will never see them again". On top of that we are paying another flight company in order to reach our destination. We spend all day on the phone with rude customer service where they refuse to refund the vouchers and they refuse to put in writing, because they are aware of legal consequences.
RouteAmsterdam to Naples
Date FlownMay 2020

"Very poor show"

Trip Verified | Booked a flight and had it cancelled due to lockdown, chose to take a voucher so the business would not close down. Rebooked after lock down, and had this flight canceled too, tried to get refund and was told because it was a voucher they could not refund any money. Don't want to see the business go under but they don't help themselves, Very poor show.
RouteBirmingham to Glasgow
Date FlownNovember 2020

"I am denied the refund"

Not Verified | If I could give a zero I would. I had booked flights for my daughter and I for summer 2020. Corona got in the way and I received an email stating that I could get a voucher. Thinking that this was my only recourse to recoup my loss, I accepted. Then later they announced that the flight was cancelled and that there was a refund (in very tiny print) available. I asked that it be changed to a refund. Now after over 40 emails making this request and speaking to sales reps I am denied the refund. I conveyed all this information plus the fact that I have moved to a country that Easyjet does not have flights and was told that they will not do anything to change the situation and give me a refund. Effectively keeping my £217.00 and providing no services. What a disgusting company. Don’t use them. I won’t ever use them again.
RouteCatania to Manchester
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Goodbye easyJet, never again"

Trip Verified | First a change of schedule, from a return flight at 13h to 9.15 am. On a short trip to Venice this makes a huge difference. We had to skip our paid breakfast and leave the hotel by 6.30 am. No explanation, no apologies, no possibility of changing the return for the following day. We were then charged 65 euros for a carry on bag, I was told to stuff my handbag inside, pressured by the extremely unpleasant employee and told they would close the doors on our flight, I did not have time to repack, my case is standard but zips large and can look larger than it is, I have never had a problem and nothing was said on the outgoing flight, everyone was allowed to carry their handbag on the flight form Paris. My partner repacked his bag ans wore his raincoats then arriving at the plane we were told there was no need to check it given the flight was not even one third full, Although the easyJet desk employee did not hold a gun to my head for money, they might just as well have. Goodbye easyJet, never again. Covid makes it hard for you, but this is not acceptable, when a flight is full there may be some justification, but not on an empty flight.
RouteVenice to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2020

"accused her of taking photos of him"

Not Verified | Although this airline is often the cheapest option, you get what you pay for. I travelled with my daughter from London to Paris, and several people had to check their luggage because there was not enough room on the fully booked flight. This held up the flight, and we departed late. On board, my daughter was taking photos with her phone out the window. An airline steward accused her of taking photos of him, and wanted her to give him her phone and access to her camera roll. My daughter is 7 years old and this was completely inappropriate. I firmly told him no and he continued to argue with me until I showed him there were no pictures of him on her phone. When we arrived in Paris, no one from EasyJet would take my complaint.
RouteLondon to Paris
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"the best low-cost airline in Europe"

Trip Verified | Short domestic flight within Italy. Brand new aircraft, great legroom for a LCC (better than some legacy carriers), polite staff. Left on-time and landed ahead of schedule. Incredibly cheap ticket price. For me, they are the European equivalent of AirAsia: without any doubts, the best low-cost airline in Europe.
AircraftA320 Sharklet