easyJet

"make you feel hated and unwelcome"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Their baggage policy is now quite absurd, you can take a box of chocolates in your backpack and that's pretty much it, I witnessed some sad scenes from fellow passengers boarding. Flights were packed, which is not what you want in these times, on my flight back I had the passenger sitting next to me frequently touching my knee and elbow which is insanitary. Although Lisbon airport is operating at 10% capacity, they park remotely and make passengers travel through the airport in overcrowded buses to and from the main terminal. They closed boarding more than 30 minutes before departure at Lisbon, which made for quite a scare but their boarding staff were really friendly and accommodating. Thankfully though, their onboard sales are temporarily suspended and the aircraft looked neat and well cleaned. They definitely need more flights on this route, I paid 307 euros for both ways for flights that are domestic and no longer than one hour and a half. I only use them as a last option which was the case, they withheld money from previous flights that were canceled instead of reimbursing me as they should. Their customer service is virtually non existent and from Portugal there's no free call lines to reach them, you pay quite a big toll. They are now not different from the more miserable low cost airlines in Europe and their motto seemed to have change to something related to how subliminally they make you feel hated and unwelcome as a paying customer. Not for me.
RouteFunchal Madeira to Lisbon
Date FlownMarch 2021

"I will never use Easyjet again"

Not Verified | I purchased return flights to Greece last year that were cancelled by Easyjet due to the pandemic. I decided to rebook for this April 2021 so checked online the price before going ahead, and was happy to find out that they were more or less the same price. However when I had to pay the price shoot up by more than £100? I went ahead as I did not have much choice (not offered a refund). I then discovered few weeks ago that they have been cancelled again. Easyjet did not let me know, I had to check my booking to find out. I this time insisted for a refund but Easyjet only refunded me the first payment but for some reasons not the second payment that I made when rebooking. Despite contacting them several times, they gave me a different stories each time and asked me to wait, moving the goalpost by few weeks each time. I have now contacted my bank and initiated a chargeback / section 75 in order to recover my money. Do not wait weeks to get your money back as they will stall the refund by any means. Go to your bank directly and get it sorted before the time runs out and you get nothing except a useless voucher or have to rebook your flights at a much higher cost that they are advertised online. I will never use Easyjet again as they are not trustworthy, stay well away too if you value, your time, money and sanity.
RouteLondon to Athens
Date FlownMarch 2021

"The customer service is absolutely terrible"

Not Verified | If I could give a 1* I would of. So we had a flight cancelled on Sunday 2nd August 2020 due to COVID-19 which was fine, we completely understood. So we went to rebook with our voucher today which was worth £278 to find out that the new flights are only £148 in total. So what would you expect? You’d expect that you would have the remaining balance on the website to use again, right? No that’s not the case, I have just spoke to 3 members of staff who ‘claim’ that we just loose the money & they cannot issue a new voucher for the remaining balance. So in total we have lost £130! Now we are expected to pay for our seats & baggage on top. What an absolute joke. Please read this before amending your flight. Please get a full refund, do not make our mistake. We will never ever fly with this company again. The customer service is absolutely terrible & most of the time they don’t even know their own policies. Also we asked to speak to a manager he reply was ‘oh he won’t even come to the phone’ I think we’ll leave it there. Thanks EasyJet for robbing our money during a national pandemic, like we haven’t all suffered enough.
RouteManchester to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2020

"I just called their customer services and they were bad"

Not Verified | As a “cheap” airline goes it’s ok, but I just called their customer services and they were bad! They hung up on me 3 times, had to call again even though I asked to be called back if the line gets “disconnected” again, and ended up being attacked and accused that I was “accusing” them for making a mistake when I never made any comments like that. All I said was that I am sure that there would be a way to use last year’s voucher to a new booking I made because I had forgotten that I had that voucher. And I know that there is a way because I have worked in contact centres and customer service for many years. Of course they could have cancelled the flight waving the fees and on the phone rebook the same flight using the voucher. I know it because companies have such contingencies and supervisors have authorisation for such things. But the representative on the phone was more concerned talking back at me, she got angry, annoyed and rude about me accusing them for the mistake (again never mentioned anything about mistake or verbally attack in any way, regardless if my call was dropped two times), and instead of looking of a way to - customer service - she was too busy checking the policy in order to tell me that easyJet’s policy cannot wave any fees nor can they do anything with the voucher afterwards. Actually when I asked her name she answered me “Oh, ok...” and she was annoyed. Really bad attitude and rude and I should know. I have won Customer Service Awards.
RouteManchester to Thessaloniki
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"they have never let us down"

Not Verified | Cannot verify the flight because it was cancelled due to Covid. Easyjet website was excellent in allowing us to transfer our flights to September without any extra charges. We have being flying with Easyjet since their inception and they have never let us down.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteBristol to barcelona
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"I'd rather pay more and fly with a serious company"

Trip Verified | I knew it was a bad company, I mean it’s cheap but you pay the price for it. I bought a ticket in November as I had an event coming up. I was obligated to cancel my flight because of the lockdown. I called and someone said I had to pay to cancel or change the dates. However it is the country that was in a lockdown! I called again until someone made the change for free. I got my ticket postponed to January, however EasyJet changed my first flight to a Friday instead of the Saturday I was supposed to take off. I had to make a change again. I called and explained that I didn’t need my flight anymore as the event I needed to go to was done. They said I can’t have my money back. Ok then I asked for a voucher since I don’t know when I’ll be traveling again. The lady on the phone said I couldn’t have one. I have to pick a random date. When this random date arrived, I wasn’t able to fly. I wanted to make a change again but they asked me to pay 60€ for each flight which doesn’t make any sense as 120€ is 70% of the price I paid for my tickets. Then the guy tells me I could have asked for a voucher! No one can tell you the exact same info and now I’ve lost my money without flying. They don’t even care about their passengers, all they care about is making sure they still have their money since they know they are bad. That’s stealing to me. Anyway, it was going to be my first experience with them. Now I'd rather pay more and fly with a serious company.
RouteNice to Paris
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"Easyjet - Difficultjet"

Trip Verified | Easyjet gave me problems. I have a flight from Seville to Gatwick on 7th March, I want to change it and it is supposed I would have to pay the change difference. It didn't happen. I tried to managed the booking for the 23rd April, same destination, and there is no fee difference, deduction. I have to pay the whole flight, all the price. I tried to call to customer service but they cannot do nothing. I asked if there is a possibility to speak with IT as it could be a mistake from the website but they said no. I used to fly with them but I am considering not doing so anymore. Conclusion. Easyjet is not flexible and it felt like a theft as he had to pay a whole new flight when they specified only the difference in fare to be pay. Easyjet - Difficultjet.
RouteSeville to London Gatwick
Date FlownOctober 2020

"flights were reasonably pleasant"

Trip Verified | We flew easyJet twice, going from Gatwick to Athens and back. Both flights were reasonably pleasant, service was alright and food alright as well. When we first got to the airport in Athens and went through check-in, it was fast, efficient and the staff were friendly. Airport procedures were smooth and hassle free. The boarding area was quite busy and few shops and cafès were open. We ended up waiting about an hour when we got to the gate because getting through the airport was more efficient than expected. The plane was clean but not spotless. The toilets stank a bit and there was a bit of mess in places but nothing to make a big deal about. You needed to pay for food, but the prices weren't too over-the-top. The food itself was OK as well. The choice wasn't fantastic: They had a calzone, bacon sandwich and something else with bacon but by the time they got to the back the calzone was sold out and I can't have pork. I was stuck with the breakfast box, which wasn't fantastic but wasn't bad. Service was OK. There were four cabin staff, all female, and they were friendly enough, but they were all young and wouldn't stop gossiping at the back near where we were, and it did eventually get slightly annoying being forced to listen to the four women banging on about makeup. Seats were narrow and uncomfortable, legroom was poor. COVID procedures were followed, cleanliness was not bad. I wouldn't exactly recommend it, but if it's your only option then it's fine.
RouteAthens to Gatwick
Date FlownNovember 2020

"said I had the wrong covid-19 test"

Trip Verified | I was denied boarding from this flight, they said I had the wrong covid-19 test even though I had a negative test taken within 72 hours of the flight as stated. I have contacted customer service multiple times to try to get a refund or at least the reason I was denied boarding in documentation so I can submit it to my travel insurance company, but cannot get a response back, except one stating that the reason I was denied boarding was that I showed the test on my phone, which I know to be false because I saw plenty of people do the same thing and be denied boarding and there is no policy on their website on what kind of test to take or that it can't be shown on a phone. I lost a business opportunity and hundreds of euros in accommodation and travel expenses in Spain. I will never fly this airline again, and I hope after continuing to reach out, one day they'll have the decency to give me a legitimate reason for being denied boarding.
RouteManchester to Malaga
Date FlownDecember 2020

"credit card was refunded the whole amount"

Not Verified | We were due to fly in the middle of July this year with EasyJet. I was sent an email to say that if we didn’t wish to travel at that time because of COVID I could claim a voucher or change to other flights or if that didn’t work for us to ring customer services team. Of course like many people that proved impossible as it kept me in a queue for about an hour then cut me off. After several attempts I gave up. There are no customer service emails that they read so that proved impossible although I tried the all the email addresses I could find. All were undelivered. I then wrote a letter to Mr. John Leighton who is head of customer services. This was sent recorded delivery to make sure it was received. The letter was never acknowledged although I did request that they kindly reply. There has been no communication from EasyJet about a refund but to my surprise my credit card was refunded the whole amount end of October total of £968. So a satisfying result in this case and I’m delighted that EasyJet refunded me. I’ve never had a problem with EasyJet before and have always been satisfied with their service within so am happy to say we would definitely fly with them again. I do think though that their communication should be far better.
RouteGatwick to Larnaca