easyJet

"I could only take one bag"

(Mozambique)

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Lisbon. I am very disappointed with the staff service. As I was boarding, they told me I could only take one bag however on my way to London from Lisbon, I took a back pack and a cabin bag. I questioned why Was I not allowed however the lady warned me that I would have to pay a £50 fee. I had to throw away products that I could not take due to the limit of the baggage.
RouteGatwick to Lisbon

"get what you pay for"

Trip Verified |  Easyjet did the job. They got us from Bristol to Barcelona and back without any great hassle. OK it's a low cost carrier and basically you get what you pay for which suits us fine. We basically look on it as a necessary evil to get us where and when we want to go and easyjet delivers. It's a shame it has to be Bristol airport and not Cardiff where we live but it's a small price to pay to avoid Ryanair.
RouteBristol to Barcelona

"I eventually paid"

Not Verified |  Lisbon to Luton. Even though the flight was smooth, the staff at Lisbon airport were rude and arrogant. They wanted me to pay 70 euro to place my hand baggage in the hold even. I said I was not going to pay and that is rather miss my flight. They kept bugging me until I eventually paid to get home. Never flying easyJet again!
RouteLisbon to Luton
Date FlownJune 2019

"Efficient and on time"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Sofia. Efficient and on time for both departure and return. Cabin announcements were complete and non intrusive. Aircraft was clean and cabin staff were great for full flights. The purchase on board of wine and snack package was really good. For the money paid for this flight, this was incredible value.
RouteGatwick to Sofia

"upsetting and disrespectful"

Trip Verified | London Stansted to Naples. I was very disappointed by one of the crew members of my Easyjet flight to Naples on 13th of October 2019 (flight n. EZY325). I’ve been told, rudely, that there was no more space for my small luggage and had to drop it. I gently explained that I needed the luggage with me because every minute was on the count as I was flying for a home emergency and couldn’t waste time at the airport once in Naples. She kept saying “there’s no space sir”. Then I raised, saying “My dad is dying, and I can’t wait for my luggage. Please just let me keep this with me.” She said “No, there’s no space. Just doing my job.” I’m not here to contest her arrogance, but there was not even a small track of empathy with my request. Like trying to understand the situation and at least try to find a little solution. Even because I’ve seen other people after me with some big bags or small luggage coming to the cabin. So I don’t understand the fact that was no space left. I found this very upsetting and disrespectful. This shows a completely poor attitude and a huge lack of moral and lack of professionality and lack of passion from the crew member. She might have had a tough day, maybe she was already on her second/third flight on her shift, but still: you get paid for it. It’s your job, not mine. And this is not an isolated case for Easyjet cabin crew, or in general low-cost companies. And I arrived at the conclusion that it’s sad to see tired members of staff not being focused on the customer needs but just on the Company business sides’ how to make more money “squeezing” us like limes. By the way, just for the records, even though the flight was itself late 40 minutes, I spent 20 minutes for my luggage and went home then couldn’t say goodbye to my father.
RouteLondon Stansted to Naples
Date FlownOctober 2019

"treated like cattle throughout my experience"

Trip Verified | London Luton to Ibiza. Where to start, treated like cattle throughout my experience. The standout had to be this nugget, Girlfriend had a small suitcase with a handbag, myself a small backpack from work, flying together, we were treated to an arbitrary one piece of luggage rule by an uptight jobsworth, that some others were not. We simply rearranged our luggage to comply, not being trusted that we would not reconfigure our now one suitcase and one backpack back to the original state with the same content, said jobsworth tried to check in the suitcase, with some protest she backed down. I would not mind but this was a completely arbitrary process that some suffered, others didn’t. Otherwise, you’re typical EasyJet experience, lost luggage before we even took off, causing delays, with everyone having to identify their hand luggage. cramped seating, pricy yet reheated foul food (although I didn’t purchase, seeing what others had, I wouldn’t), staff with a chip on their shoulder. In short, it felt like a grim episode of some ITV 3 reality tv show.
RouteLondon Luton to Ibiza

"unprofessional and unfriendly"

Trip Verified | Bordeaux to Hamburg. After making us lose 4 hours on a precious Saturday, the unprofessional and unfriendly service continued without having the need for apologies. The ground service only target was to find further ways how to make us pay more money, even we paid already a lot for their additional services. And again, without feeling ashamed for the hours we were waiting for their mistake and for the fact that we lost whole Saturday! And of course they were not interested at all in the additional costs we faced (e.g. delay in picking-up the car from parking).
RouteBordeaux to Hamburg
Date FlownOctober 2019

"always had a positive experience"

Not Verified | Arrecife to Gatwick. The boarding at Arrecife was much improved from the last time. The Speedy Boarding line was clearly marked and queues were polite unlike the aggression I encountered last time from some people queuing in this airport. Boarding was uneventful and I found the exit row seat to offer brilliant leg room for my lanky frame. Seat was leather and a little firm although fine for a 4 hour flight. Trolley service was quite swift and the cabin crew were pleasant and cheerful. Announcements from the captain were a little hard to hear but their frequency was good and he was good at making up the delay and landing was smooth and on schedule. I have always had a positive experience with easyJet and will continue to enjoy my plus card benefits. The aircraft was just over a year old and very smart indeed.
AircraftAirbus A321 Neo
RouteArrecife to Gatwick
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"regular flight with easyJet"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Naples to Athens. Pretty regular flight with easyJet. They refused to take my hand luggage on the check in counter, but then on the gate, they did not allow me to take it on the plane. The plane boarded on time, however there was a delay. They told passengers it was due to the busy Greek air traffic, however other flights were landing on time (I have to admit though that this August there were a lot of delays in Athens airport). I also wanted to buy food and the crew was not attentive at all. Their service was very slow and when I was to be served, they told me that my order was not available. When I told them that I did not want to purchase anything else, they amazingly found a last piece (after 10').
RouteNaples to Athens
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I had a great flight"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Madrid. I had a great flight. This was another airline that I was unsure about but honestly they were fine. I purchased a Plus fare so I could have my carry on suitcase and another small bag (just beware of these types of rules when flying with budget airlines). All of the staff that I encountered were very nice. Would fly easyJet again.
RouteLisbon to Madrid