easyJet

"cancelled the flight"

Trip Verified | Paris to Manchester. Horrible service. The flight was told to be delayed by 2 hours first and then another 2 hours and finally easyjet cancelled the flight. Staff were extremely rude and not helpful at all. For every doubt i asked i was just asked to go stay in a hotel they provide. Arranged a flight next day, even that got delayed by 1.30 hours. Never flying with easyjet again. Worst flight experience.
RouteParis to Manchester
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"no consideration for their passengers"

Trip Verified | London Stansted to Naples with easyJet. Typical budget flight, although this time they wouldn't allow my wifes handbag or my small man bag, we had to crush them into our hand luggage. Then a morning flight with people trying to sleep, the all female cabin crew congregated at the rear of the plane and chatted away loudly and incessantly, so much so they kept us awake for the entire flight and even with noise cancelling headphones on I was subjected to their entire life stories! Absolutely no consideration for their passengers.
RouteLondon Stansted to Naples
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Last time I use EasyJet"

Trip Verified | Luton to Zurich. On arrival at the gate I found there was a long queue into the ‘room’ where final boarding card and passport checks are carried out. Passengers were queueing out of the room and up two flight of stairs. There were signs for ‘speedy boarding’ but these were utterly pointless due to the overcrowding in the stairwell - the only staff on hand (who should have been marshalling this situation) were staff telling people that their hand luggage would have to go in the hold as the overhead lockers would be too full - fortunately this didn’t affect me as the staff started this process well behind me at the back of the queue, which then started moving. On arrival into the room and managed to fight my way through to the speedy boarding lane - I was naturally the last person in this queue. When we boarded the aircraft I then found that there was no space in the overhead lockers anywhere near my seat (1B), mostly because they were full of hats, coats, handbags, scarves and other items which, if the cabin staff had any sense and were in any way proactive about the situation, could have been put under the seat in front. At the insistence of the particularly unhelpful male cabin crew member, I had to place my hand luggage, for which I had paid extra, in the overhead lockers about 10 rows back on one side and the other item about 13 rows back on the other. I asked him if he would be retrieving them for me on departure to which he replied ‘no, I won’t be getting them’ - I already knew the answer and I knew equally well that this would mean that I would either have to fight my way upstream to retrieve them on landing, or wait for the entire aircraft to empty before going back to get them, which is the option I took which meant that I was the last passenger to leave the aircraft...from seat 1B - absolutely ridiculous. You couldn’t make it up. It was the sort of shambolic situation I have come to expect from EasyJet. Last time I use EasyJet unless there is absolutely no alternative.
RouteLuton to Zurich

"compensation was credited"

Trip Verified | Lanzarote to Amsterdam was delayed by 3.5 hours due to crew issue. Cabin crew was nice an courteous. Back home filled out the online compensation form for EC261 regulation on the easyjet website. Got a reply they couldn’t fulfill my request because they were not able to retrieve the booking. Called their contact center and a friendly agent sorted it all out. Within a week the compensation was credited on my account.
RouteLanzarote to Amsterdam

"The staff was great"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Glasgow. We are so pleased with the pilot of this flight as we had terrible turbulence and he kept us safe. The wind was terrible never flown in those conditions before. The staff was great at keeping everyone calm.
RouteGatwick to Glasgow
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"haven’t received a response"

Trip Verified | I had a terrible experience with easyJet. We arrived at the airport two hours early waking up at 4 AM. When we arrived the airline Baggage attendant Informed us we had to pay $52 per person for baggage. I informed her I had already paid for baggage in which she stated she did not see it and we had to pay for it again in order to place our bags on the aircraft. We purchased bags, received our boarding passes and then were told after our flight was delayed two hours. I explained to her we have a connecting flight and we will not make it on time because of the flight being delayed. She told me that it wasn’t her problem because it was a different airline.I went to the customer service desk and she stated there is nothing she can do. My boyfriend and I politely asked for our luggage back in which the staff stated she can’t refund us our money back for the baggage. We had to purchase two more flights to get home. I reached out to easyJet Monday January 6 in which I still haven’t received a response 5 days later.
RouteAmsterdam to Gatwick

"Very frustrating experience"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Geneva on 9th January. Very frustrating experience. A crew member was extremely rude and aggressive to me. This is the worst experience so far.
RouteGatwick to Geneva

"a special thank you"

Not Verified | Glasgow to Luton. I would like to say a special thank you to cabin crew Lisa who was unbelievably helpful during our flight back home. I get terrible anxiety when flying and was having a hard time calming down. Lisa went above and beyond to reassure me and help me get through the flight and even allowed myself and my husband to move closer to the front of the aircraft to ease the motion sickness. Hats off to the pilot for flying so well in windy weather. Would definitely recommend easyjet to friends and family.
RouteGlasgow to Luton

"extremely frustrating experience"

Trip Verified | I had a poor experience today flying from Zurich to London this morning at 9:30 local time. I have also flown a few times with a small backpack (to put under my feet) and a carry on luggage no problem with other airlines. The counter staff seemed unsympathetic at all and was pressuring me to just pay the CHF 76 and move along, standing in front of me just saying that it was impossible that all the stuff would fit (when I was trying to put the stuff from the small bag to the larger one.) She even went as far as to suggest to me and another family that we won't be allowed to test the luggage dimensions again and just to pay the 76 francs. (That's nearly as much as the ticket itself!) Even, when I did manage to fit the small suitcase into the slot, she said that it had to be smooth fit and that it couldn't be squeezed in. I have never expected such strictness and unreasonable behaviour from airport staff before and I can only believe it was out of spite that she said this as she realised that I had actually been able to fit the backpack into the carry on suitcase. I even saw her pressure the other family to pay just because they had an iPad that was not in the carry-on. When I got on, there was more than enough space in the overhead lockers and I had intended to put my backpack under my feet in any case to save space. In the end, I was forced by the same staff member to throw out my slippers as again she claimed they were an additional item of luggage. Seriously? All it did for easyJet, in the end, was that there was no way I would pay such a money-grabbing 76 francs and it didn't solve their issue of overcrowded luggage as the now larger suitcase was taking up more space in the overhead compartment than if I had 2 separate ones, 1 above and the small backpack underneath my feet. All in all, I believe this to be an extremely frustrating experience for both myself and easyJet as a company which could have been much better handled with more reasonable and less spiteful staff members who could have been more professional with the way they handled customers. Would not recommend this airline if you are looking for a decent customer experience.
RouteZurich to London
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"the flights themselves were great"

Not Verified | London to Rome. Many of the poor reviews seem to relate to baggage issues. We followed the website protocol and booked 3 bags into the hold. We were well below the (combined) baggage allowance but preferred to play it safe rather than have hassle at the airport. Equally, none of us had wheelie suitcases but the kids and my husband had little rucksacks while I took a bag that fitted into the under-seat dimensions. As a result, we had no issues at the gate. On the return flight, they were asking everyone at the back of line, where we were, with wheeled luggage to check it into the hold but they looked at our bags and said 'that's fine'. I think that you just need to follow the rules with easyJet if you want a pleasant experience. Other than that, the flights themselves were great. Friendly pilots, very friendly cabin crew and an efficient service. We had onboard snacks and drinks and they were all very good. I don't think they were overly expensive but another time, we might take our own snacks to save a bit. This was my first experience of easyJet and I really have no complaints at all.
RouteLondon to Rome