easyJet

"Better than other low cost airlines"

Trip Verified | While booking it all seems to be a very nice airline mainly because its cheap. I flew from Berlin to Amsterdam on November 18, flight EJU5107 seat 12A (exit row). Immediately I noticed that the flight was seriously delayed. During boarding, the easyJet ground staff is very unclear about who should board first. Nothing was announced either. As a result, it turned into chaos. After I boarded the plane, certain staff seem to speak very bad English. That shouldn't be too much of a problem, this becomes dangerous when there's an emergency and you need to communicate. I have flown with easyJet on a regular basis and all easyJet flights are always delayed (over an hour). Therefore I'm not recommending easyJet, especially for passengers who have a transfer where there is a high chance that they will miss their flight. The good thing is that the seats are very comfortable. Better than other low cost airlines.
RouteBerlin to Amsterdam
Date FlownNovember 2022

"good transport to get from point A to Point B"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | It is a low cost company, and the review must me written according to the services they offer, very bad support on the ground team, was afraid my suitcase did not arrive, a bit confusing boarding, lots of time stranded in the access to the plane. Overall a good transport to get from point A to Point B.
RouteMilan to Lisbon
Date FlownNovember 2022

"great holiday thanks to easyJet"

Not Verified | Myself, Wife and 12yr daughter old flew with Easyjet holidays to Fuerteventura from Bristol for a week in 29th Oct to 5th Nov. Excellent flights out and back, plenty of leg room also. Flight crew were very good although food and beverages were expensive. Slight delay going out and ATC delay of 45 mins coming back but time was made up with tail wind. As easy jet holiday booked, we each had 23kg of hold luggage and small carry on bag. cannot fault Easyjet especially if you follow the rules and do what you are required to do. Covid certificates were not looked at going or coming back. Passports now stamped in and out of Fuerteventura, just like the old times. All in all a great holiday thanks to easyjet, and all for £1117 all in for the 3 of us.
RouteBristol to Fuerteventura

"Clean plane"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Please note that since Brexit your purchases on UK economic operators are subject to international processing commission and stamp duty, freely set by your bank and not reflected in the invoice issued by easyJet. The company started operating in Lisbon's Terminal 1, which, despite the general infrastructure of the airport being terrible, is always better than Terminal 2. Clean plane, boarding by bus far from the door (next to Terminal 2), minimally friendly crew, compliant with timetables, with boarding starting one hour before departure. Bus employee at the airport extremely friendly and charismatic.
RouteLisbon to Madeira
Date FlownNovember 2022

"no responsibility for their lack of customer service"

Not Verified | Four people in our tour group made our own reservations for a trip from the US to Paris. The travel day began with the initial flight and then Easy Jet reservations were made to fly hours later to Lisbon Portugal. We landed on time at CDG airport and received notification from Easy Jet that our flight to Lisbon was delayed for 90 minutes. No issue there for us - just a bit more time to stretch our legs. The communication from Easy Jet came in a text. I still have a picture of the text received. We arrived at the gate prior to the original departure time to find that the flight was only 11 minutes late and because we were not at the gate two hours prior to the original departure time we were not allowed to board the airplane. The gate agent would lend absolutely no support. We were not the only passengers that were left that day. We each purchased our ticket and a carry on bag for the flight. There were no other flights from CDG airport available to Lisbon that day which was not an option for us as we had to meet our tour group. We each had to make reservations for TAP Portugal out of Orly Airport - about an hour Uber Drive from CDG. This expenditure cost each of us nearly $400 - the Uber Drive, the last minute flight and the baggage. I reached out to Easy Jet upon our arrival home. The emails have been non-stop with sending our information, picture of the text message received and basic pleading to have our money refunded. We were only issued the tax on the flight which came to $19.06 Euro. We will never travel Easy Jet in the future. We will share our experience to whoever will listen and get the word out that this company takes no responsibility for their lack of customer service and their lack of communication. The deal we received in booking this reservation was excellent so in good faith, reimbursing each of us would not have broken the bank for the company. We are VERY disappointed and do not want anyone else to experience like we did.
RouteParis to Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Was told that I checked in late"

Trip Verified | Completely unreliable and dishonest. Checked in for my flight 2.5 hrs in advance. Was told that because I checked in late I couldn’t be guaranteed a seat on the flight that I’d booked and paid for, but they would try to put me on one of the departing flights for the day. When booking with easyjet just be aware that paying for a ticket in a flight doesn’t guarantee you a seat on that flight.
RouteLuton to Amsterdam

"it does the job"

Trip Verified | As is usual for us Easyjet got us to our destination and back without any great fuss. It's a No frills airline and that's what you get but it does the job. If you follow their rules they are as good if not better than other no frills airline. I would have marked it higher other than for the lacklustre performance of staff at BCN check-in. Been using them since they started and have already booked two flights for next year.
RouteBristol to Barcelona
Date FlownOctober 2022

"rendering the vouchers useless"

(Kazakhstan)

Not Verified | My flights were cancelled flights due to Covid. For this I was issued travel vouchers (listed below) however valid until 31/10/22. However, when I have attempted to apply the travel vouchers to new bookings, the screen reads that I must contact their customer service. Such a thing is impossible as there is no number to contact anywhere on their website, rendering the vouchers useless. If easyJet enable their promise to be fulfilled by extending the vouchers and making them actually usable, I would withdraw this complaint.
RouteLuton to Catania
Date FlownJuly 2022

"don't pay for extra services"

Trip Verified | Dodgy tactics to milk your money, never pay for extra services, you won't get anything extra. The only good aspect will be low prices if you are traveling alone with small or no bags. I've traveled with them 6 times, the first 2 times I paid for the speedy boarding + cabin bag, but was shocked by the complete chaos in boarding where everyone was boarding at the same time either standard or speedy, and I even couldn't find a place to put by bag (all was taken), had to put away from where I sit although I paid extra for an overhead cabin bag. The next 4 times, I just opted for the standard service as everyone apparently was getting the same service, and used the same cabin bag every time. On my most recent one, the flight was delayed almost an hour, stood in the queue for a long time then when boarding started the employee asked me to get out of the queue to fit my bag in the scale, at this point, I was extremely exhausted and didn't want to lose my place in the queue so told her I will just pay whatever the extra cost to get on the plane. So paid extra money for the same cabin bag which I've been using for the past 5 flights with no issues Bottom line, don't pay for extra services, and don't use this company if you are traveling for business or important appointments
RouteStansted to Glasgow
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Will definitely fly with them again"

Not Verified | I've flown with easyJet about a dozen times, and always had a good experience. The flight from Manchester to Malta and the return a few days later were again very good. Booking, checking-in and boarding were all straight forward. The cabin crew were friendly and efficient and the planes were clean. We took off and landed bang on time. Will definitely fly with them again.
RouteManchester to Malta