easyJet

"luggage for the cabin is charged in addition"

Trip Verified | The on-time is excellent, booking is easy. The timing and number of flights per day are good. But Easyjet lost its head since the covid. The luggage for the cabin is charged in addition of the ticket. Flight is shown 40USD, if you take the luggage in the cabin it is 80USD in total. Solution: use Swiss or BA.
RouteGatwick to Nice
Date FlownMay 2022

"would rather walk or swim than using Sleazy Jet"

Trip Verified | The worst customer service I have ever experienced, thanks for nothing. More like Sleazy Jet. Wasted our whole day and was trying to compensate with bags of chocolate and baby sipping cup size drinks. Couldn't think if should drink or gargle with that drink, Left us in middle of nowhere, they said they will organise transport but no as of high demand they could not arrange any. Taxi cost was 320 euro, 2 hour drive - who will compensate that. Will not recommend anyone to use their services, would rather walk or swim than using Sleazy Jet.
AircraftEasy8985
RouteLondon Gatwick to Munich

"difficult to deal with"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Belfast. I had my flight cancelled from Amsterdam to Belfast on 22nd April. The flight was already delayed and only cancelled while I was waiting in the departure lounge. No one there from easyJet. Just a message to say there were no rooms available, sort yourself out. No flights the next day I booked the Sunday and found a room miles away, used hotels.com was advised to keep receipts for expenses. Sunday flight was also cancelled while I was waiting in departures. I did manage to speak to someone who said he couldn't find any rooms or alternative flights, so again I was abandoned. I kept receipts for food, trams and buses. EasyJet has been very difficult to deal with, initially refused to pay anything as they said my flight was cancelled in February. It was but they put me on the earlier flight which was cancelled on that day. They argued about it but eventually agreed to a refund. They have however refused all expenses despite receipts and bus/tram/train despite tickets/receipts. The Sunday flight is still being dealt with.
RouteAmsterdam to Belfast
Date FlownApril 2022

"stopped because of our small suitcase"

Not Verified | Amsterdam to Nice. We went from Amsterdam Schiphol to Nice-France without any problem - when back easyJet stopped us because of our small suitcase. Hoped discussions with easyJet employee that our suitcase has not grown during the vacation in Nice! You have to pay - otherwise, we won't let you run away. The company must understand your bread comes through customers.
RouteAmsterdam to Nice
Date FlownMay 2022

"I won't be flying easyJet again"

Not Verified | Underseat luggage allowance seems very different from other airlines. The measuring box does not appear to match the online description, the special sized luggage purchased or the space beneath the seat. Passengers are treated like cattle, no smile, no please or thank you. The staff seem very bored and overtired I won't be flying easyJet again.
RouteSeville to London
Date FlownMay 2022

"Very rude and customer unfriendly"

Not Verified | We had to pay extra for a suitcase that so-called did not meet the dimensions. Measured at home and was ok. No problems on the way there. On the way back we had to pay extra because the suitcase was too big. The worst is not even the amount of 25 pounds, but the way we were addressed and the whole thing was handled. Very rude and customer unfriendly! We were sent to the side as if we were a bunch of criminals, only because we asked why it wasn't a problem on the outward journey and now it is. Never again will I fly with Easy Jet! I'd rather pay a little more for a little customer service! We moesten extra betalen voor een koffertje dat zgn niet aan de maten voldeed. Thuis gemeten en was ok. Op de heenweg geen problemen. Op de terugweg moesten we bijbetalen omdat de koffer te groot was. Het ergste is niet eens het bedrag van 25 pond, maar de manier waarop we aangesproken werden en de hele boel afgehandeld werd. Zeer onbeleefd, onbeschoft en klantonvriendelijk! We werden naar de kant gestuurd alsof we een stelletje criminelen waren, alleen omdat we vroegen waarom het op de heenreis geen probleem was en nu wel. Nooit meer vlieg ik met Easy Jet! Ik betaal liever iets meer voor een beetje klantvriendelijkheid!
RouteGatwick to Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2022

"our experience was entirely positive"

Not Verified | Perfectly satisfactory flights. This was at a time when easyJet was getting a lot of media criticism because of cancellations due to staff Covid, but our experience was entirely positive. Rapid bag drop, speedy boarding was fully applied on this flight (not so good on the return, but that was down to the airport using buses for transfer to the plane), the flight left on time and arrived a little early, and the cabin crew were very pleasant. We had extra-legroom seats in one of the over wing emergency exit rows but the standard seats looked fine for someone my height (1.74 m). Space is helped by the thin seats, I was concerned on first sitting down that these seemed rather firm but they must be well shaped because I stayed comfortable for the 3hr50 flight. My only dissatisfaction would be with the price, hence my low mark for 'value for money' - it was £600 each and, even given that it was the start of a UK holiday period, that's pretty eye watering.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Heraklion
Date FlownApril 2022

"Staff handled our plight badly"

Trip Verified | After arriving into the departure lounge at Amsterdam Schipol airport, our flight was suddenly shown as canceled. Went into phone app and switched to a later evening flight, but app noted we had to have a paper boarding pass. There is no Westjet customer service staff or desk near the gates, and no staff except those at the boarding gates. We went to boarding gate at departure time and staff said should have gone back through arrivals to check in to print pass, and we were creating problems. There were at least 10 passengers in the same boat who asked for boarding cards to be printed. Easyjet cancels the flight then expects checked in passengers to go back to check in then back through security? Eventually a supervisor did print the boarding cards but seemed poorly managed, and of course not a $ in compensation for an almost 3 hour delay. Staff handled our plight badly. The flight was fine.
RouteAmsterdam to Luton
Date FlownMarch 2022

"comfort was better than I expected"

Not Verified | I don't often fly this airline, but the experience was reasonable for a budget operator. As it happened, the flight was delayed by ongoing issues. When we finally boarded, the captain went to some trouble to explain in detail, and apologise which was good, especially as it was not his fault. Ditto the cabin crew. A good way to defuse irritation, especially late at night. Seat comfort was better than I expected. The flight went smoothly.
RouteParis to Edinburgh
Date FlownApril 2022

"not be using easyJet in the future"

Trip Verified | We were due to fly from Bristol to Bodrum on Sunday 3rd April 2022. Our flight was due to take off at 0600. We had booked to stay overnight in Bristol on the 02nd April due to our early start and also because we live an hour and a half away from the airport. We got up at 0300 in order to be at the airport at 0400 as advised by easyJet, I was emailed at 01:07 on the day to be told that our flight had been cancelled, they gave us under 5 hours notice! We decided to go to the airport to see what our options would be, as we were travelling due to a family bereavement. We arrived at Bristol Airport at 0400 to be greeted by a very busy easyJet check in area. I made my way to the special assistance desk as this had the smallest queue. We were approached by a easyJet representative, I explained our situation and we were rudely told that we needed to go onto the easyJet app and to sort it out ourselves, they were too busy to help. I asked to speak to the duty manager, who eventually came over to see me, they explained that we were expected to manage our own booking via the app, after explaining out circumstances and the reasons we were due to travel they agreed to transfer us onto another easyJet flight to Antalya later on that day at 1520, and that we would have to pay for the onward 6 hour road transport to take us to our original location in Bodrum, to keep the receipt and claim the money back as there policy states they are only able to book road transport within the UK and not overseas. We were advised that our original flight was cancelled due to crew sickness. Apparently easyJet had no standby crew available in order to allow our flight to Bodrum depart. No empathy was shown by any easyJet ground staff at Bristol. When we boarded our new flight to Antalya we were advised by the cabin crew that the operating aircraft had not been restocked therefore no duty free was available and they had very limited food and drink to sell onboard. All in all a very poor show. Will not be using easyJet in the future
RouteBristol to Bodrum