easyJet

"Zero stars for the shabby service"

Trip Verified | Flight cancelled because of cov19 was understandable. Have been using Easyjet most months since monarchs went under so to support them and knowing I'm going to be travelling when it's possible I opted for voucher. I booked again for 15th July the same day my flight was cancelled back in March. After the check in opened in May I checked in and downloaded my boarding pass but only after Easyjet emailed me a week before to offer me £10 on top of my original ticket price should I wish to cancel or request a voucher. I was happy to book so I never responded. However I heard that some friends of mine who were doing as I booked on different dates had been cancelled again for no reason even though there flights were still on I was getting worried. After I checked in and boarding pass issued I booked and paid hire car payment made for gatwick parking low and behold I checked my flight status I discovered a disruption to my outward flight and after checking it then listed as cancelled. I had not received any contact or email by then. I try to contact customer services and after numerous attempts of an hour or more i got through after 2 1/2 hours, they confirmed that they cancelled flight. The reason was overbooked and anybody flying alone as I was had been was bounced off - my belief is that they are selling seats at much higher prices because of demand and that they could not care about those of us who who tried to support them and are frequent flyers with them. Zero stars for the shabby service and Customer Services are non existent and useless.
RouteGatwick to Malaga
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Would not recommend it"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Today I called easyJet after waiting for 2 months for an answer from them, regarding 2 bookings they cancelled. After waiting for 45 minutes the first time, they hung up on me. I called again, they hung up after 16 minutes. The third time they placed me on hold for 2 hours and 22 minutes, just to hang up on me later. In total I was listening to music for more than 3h and a half. EasyJet can announce proudly that their customer service is even worse than their prices and services they provide! Would not recommend it even to my worst enemy.
RouteBristol to Madrid
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"wholly unprofessional outfit "

Not Verified | Liverpool to Bodrum. Telephoned Easyjet for my parents as their flight was cancelled due to the CD19 pandemic. They had been trying to get through for over 4 weeks and had lost patience (they are both over 70). I understand that Easyjet are extremely busy during this unprecedented period but the attitude of this company is unbelievably arrogant! The Customer Service rep who I finally managed to speak to (after nearly 2 hours of constant redialling) confirmed that Easyjet have received my parents refund claim but stated that they my parents claim will have to wait up to 90 days to receive their full refund. When I informed the customer service rep that they are acting unlawful stating this and my parents may have to ask their bank to charge back the refund from Easyjet, he said "if your parents do that, they will then owe Easyjet the cost from the banks chargeback and will not be able to fly with Easyjet again"! With an attitude like that Easyjet do no deserve to come out the other side of this successfully and carry on being able to operate. I was flabbergasted. I only hope that customers of this wholly unprofessional outfit remember the way they are currently being treated (awaiting for their hard earned refunds for cancelled flights and services they are not receiving) and go elsewhere. As I stated to the customer service rep (before I left the call), with an attitude like this, Easyjet will be lucky to still be around this time next year! My parents have already experienced bad form from this company (due to being victims of Thomas Cook) last year, they were left stranded in Turkey and had to resort to paying £1200 for 2 return flights.
RouteLiverpool to Bodrum
Date FlownMay 2020

"not going to fly EasyJet again"

Trip Verified | EasyJet cancelled our flight (EZ-8366) due to Covid-19. Upon cancellation, we were given an option for refund, which we applied for in March 2020. Since my boyfriend is American, he received a full cash refund, whereas I being Italian, received the voucher. We submitted our request for refund on the 16th of March, to which EasyJet responded with an email stating that our request will be processed within 7 working days. Instead, EasyJet waited 6 weeks from the date when we submitted our request for refund. After which they took a further 5 weeks before issuing me a voucher and my boyfriend a cash refund. I know one thing for sure, I am not going to fly EasyJet again.
RouteBari to Gatwick
Date FlownApril 2020

"Shame on you easyJet"

Not Verified | Flight was cancelled had the option to change the flight to another date or cancel Or a refund. I decided to change the date which cost me an additional £304 my husband did not realise that I was changing the date and on his laptop looked to book the exact same flights and moments after The exact same flight was £140 cheaper. I sent these details to easyJet with my complaint and I was appalled at their response and excuse. Rebooking are not asking for a refund. Shame on you easyJet
RouteBristol to Gibraltar
Date FlownDecember 2019

"They have made it nearly impossible to receive a refund"

Trip Verified | Terrible customer service. It has been over 50 days since I requested a refund from EasyJet for my cancelled flight on 29th March. They have advised that I need to wait 90 days for a refund which is just ridiculous. I applied for the refund online before EasyJet revoked this option from customers, they are now claiming that they have a backlog of refunds that were requested online and customers that called into the helpline afterwards were given priority. I will never fly with EasyJet ever again. They have made it nearly impossible to receive a refund. I have tried to contact their helpline 100 plus times and only managed to get through to them twice. This is putting me under an immense amount of stress which I do not need being heavily pregnant and with the current pandemic.
RouteManchester to Dalaman
Date FlownOctober 2019

"They offer me instead a voucher"

Not Verified | Luton to Faro. You should get your money back. They offer me instead a voucher which I have to use in the next six months. I waited more than half an hour on the phone, spent much money, and later when received the voucher it says at the end of the e-mail I have to call them if want to use it and so pay again the call. I liked this airline but they are acting in a very sneaky way which is deplorable.
RouteLuton to Faro
Date FlownApril 2020

"refuses to refund my money"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Funchal to Lisbon. My flights were canceled due to the ongoing covid-19 pandemic. EasyJet refuses to refund my money alleging technical issues with the refunds lately. If you buy a service and that service isn't delivered, you should get your money back, that is a basic universal law. They offer me instead a voucher which I have to use in the next six months, however who knows how much time this pandemic will last or if the airline will be operating at all in the future. I waited more than half an hour on the phone, spent much money, and later when received the voucher it says at the end of the e-mail I have to call them if want to use it and so pay again the call. I liked this airline but they are acting in a very sneaky way which is deplorable.
RouteFunchal to Lisbon
Date FlownMarch 2020

"won't fly with easyJet "

Trip Verified | London Gatwick to Belfast. My flight from London to Cairo was cancelled, and I had to change my flight in order to come back to Belfast on the same day. I checked in, and I paid for my bags. I went to my gate in order to get my flight and at the gate the staff were very rude and extremely vulgar to me. I had my small bag and my small laptop with me. Pay to pass otherwise you won't pass. I told her that I came from Belfast with my laptop without any problem, and she is rudely repeated her message again and when I told her that you are really rude she went mad and she said that."I will call the captain, and you are not going to board." The funny thing is when the supervisor came to solve the problem I asked him to talk privately and he was clearly supporting his colleague without even listening to me as a customer who has a right to explain what happened. And they start to ask me to pay another £110 in order to use the next flight. It is unbelievable when you use easyJet for 7 years and suddenly you have such an experiment with a team that unprofessional. I won't fly with easyJet again and I will share my experience with others.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Belfast
Date FlownMarch 2020

"lifted the heights of my admiration"

(Cyprus)

Not Verified | I have always found Easyjet an excellent airline to fly with and now after the magnificent effort by the airline to repatriate a family member back to the UK when another budget airline washed its hands of us has lifted the heights of my admiration to a new level. Service like this is second to none.
RoutePaphos to Bristol