easyJet

"Cabin well cleaned"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Cabin well cleaned, professional crew and on time. However using terminal 2 in Lisbon, seriously downgrades the experience. The duration of the flight was just one hour and 25 minutes but it felt way more, which pretty much sums up the flight. As usual, full plane on this route.
RouteLisbon to Funchal
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"they have done everything in their power to wriggle out of paying"

Not Verified | On Friday 13th August at roughly 20.00hrs our flight from Gibraltar to Gatwick was cancelled due to fog. After waiting another hour in the departure lounge, we were informed ‘Easyjet have been unable to find an alternative route or accommodation for the night. Please leave the airport by Gate number 5 and arrange your own accommodation’. After a frantic search online it did appear that all the hotels in Gibraltar were full. We were able to make contact with the host of the AirBNB that we had been staying at for the previous three nights and although his AirBNB was full, he made space for us in another property and charged us £160 for the emergency one nights stay. We took a taxi to his place and stayed the night. During the night we received an email from EasyJet informing us that our flight would take place at 18.00 the following day, 14th August. We therefore had to spend another whole day in Gibraltar. Obviously, we needed to eat and drink for our additional time there. At the end of this extra day, we took another taxi back to Gibraltar airport and thankfully our next flight left on time. A few days later we submitted an expenses claim to Easyjet for 2 x taxi transfers, 1 night’s accommodation and for meals and drinks during the day we were delayed. Easyjet have agreed to pay for one of our taxi journeys only! They have stated – the second taxi expense did not show a ‘route’ on the receipt so they will not pay. The food and drinks receipts we submitted were not itemised so they will not pay. The accommodation receipt did not have a date stamp on it (even though it was dated the 14th August the day after we should have gone home) so they will not pay. Easyjet flight cancellation actually cost us £289.00 and they have agreed to reimburse us £20! Not only did they treat us like animals and leave us stranded at Gibraltar airport with nowhere to stay, but when we claimed our valid expenses they have done everything in their power to wriggle out of paying. Next time I fly to Gibraltar I will 100% travel with British Airways.
RouteGibraltar to London
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Worst customer service ever"

Trip Verified | There was no direct flight options on a daily basis to our destination and unfortunately easyJet was our only option. Knowing that we will have to pay for the baggage! After paying for the baggage, they charged us again for the carry on bags that are always allowed in the cabin (mine at least been to 100 flights at least). This didn’t make any sense, we paid 70 euro for the ticket but ended up paying 90 euro for the baggage (60 for the actual luggage and 30 for the carry on) I never check in my carry on cause of the valuable stuff such as laptop and jewellery. Worst customer service ever. Never flying with easyJet.
RouteBerlin to Milan
Date FlownAugust 2021

"denied boarding due to a PCR test"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to return to London via EasyJet and I was denied boarding due to a PCR test. Although I had checked twice since booking the ticket in June. The requirements changed again so fully vaccinated passengers required a PCR to enter the UK. However, the government requirements also stated that if passengers were fully vaccinated but did not have a PCR test they could enter the UK but would be subject to a £500 fine. The option of a fine was never given to me. When I asked for the customer service representatives name she refused. When I asked to speak with a manager she refused. I have never seen an airline which lacked so much accountability or with lower customer service levels. If you choose to travel with Easyjet and you run into trouble you are on your own.
RouteCorfu to Luton

"Queues everywhere"

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever. Everything is bad actually. Waited 2 hours to just drop the luggage as only 2 desks were open and 8 easyJet flights to handle. Family in front of me missed their flights, as simple as that (with no alternatives of course). Almost missed mine. Queues everywhere. Plane arrived 20min late. Bad service inside the plane.
RouteNice to Barcelona

"bad service in all"

Trip Verified | I decided to give them a chance to support them after the pandemic: flight, car and hotel .. wrong idea, rude staff, bad service in all, endless queues in check-in even with speedy boarding. Never again.
RouteGatwick to Murcia
Date FlownAugust 2021

"I had a covid test from the NHS"

Trip Verified | After Easy jet had changed one sided flight time and airport, I got in time to Luton Airport but I was denied boarding by a rude ground staff lady for the fact that I had a covid test from the NHS instead of a private test. That I was fully vaccinated and was only transiting The Netherlands was out of interest to her and there was no consideration of the fact that this was the last flight to The Netherlands that day. We waited for one hour (where I tried to reach easy jet Customer Service who could not help me) until the same lady appeared with a colleague to guide us to the exit with no explanation nor assistance. I could book a different flight to Germany from a different airport on the same day without any issues. The additional costs of 400 EUR I wanted to claim with easyjet. Up to now I have no response to my claim. They make it almost impossible to receive feedback or comments as all emails come from a "noreply"-address. I am very disappointed and upset.
RouteLuton to Amsterdam
Date FlownAugust 2021

"extra £24 for each cabin bag"

Trip Verified | I assumed that their baggage policy was not something strange. They did not allow a passenger to bring a normal size cabin bag on board unless one pays for a seat selection which cost £15.49. I am not sure why EasyJet combines seat selection with a cabin bag. There was the option to buy hold luggage which was more expensive as the cost started from around £20. Failure to comply will result in forcing a passenger to pay extra £24 for each cabin bag. When summing up all the costs, the price can be equivalent or more expensive than proper full service airlines.
RouteBristol to Edinburgh

"Quick, efficient service"

Not Verified | Travelled to Belfast and back from Bristol to visit an elderly relative. Both flights on time and arrived ahead of schedule. Flight attendants welcoming and professional. I felt very safe with the stringent covid measures in place. Quick, efficient service - would recommend. Thank-you Easyjet!
RouteBelfast to Bristol
Date FlownAugust 2021

"never fly with EasyJet again"

Trip Verified | I will never fly with EasyJet again. In my last trip in the peak of the COVID pandemic in 2020, I had a terrible experience with them with very few measures taken for the virus and I promised to never fly with them again, but this year I decided to unfortunately give them a chance again. The main reason of my complaint now is this appalling, cheap and relentless baggage policy they have. Not being able to bring an overhead cabin luggage without paying extra for it is disgusting. It serves no purpose besides scamming your customers and making the check in less efficient, since a lot of unaware people have to pay 29 euros before boarding to get in the plane, and the suitcase goes to the hold and not even with you on board. The staff in Palma de Mallorca told me I could have paid to choose a seat and get the suitcase, but a lot of passangers had to do it on spot.
RoutePalma de Mallorca to Amsterdam