easyJet

"Rude staff at boarding gate"

Trip Verified | Rude staff at boarding gate. We were flying on 18th December from Luton to Paris My wife has a heart condition and was forced to take stairs when there was a lift there. Apparently we should have requested special assistance when we booked. She is not wheelchair bound, just can’t cope with more than one flight of stairs. Instead of being empathetic, they are rude and shouting sarcasm at us in public. They took our hand luggage at entrance to plane (no one warned us about this prior but they had tagged our bags).
RouteLuton to Paris

easyJet customer review

Trip Verified | I travelled with easyJet a few days ago from Belfast to London, the staff members on the gate of the flight were extremely rude and delivered a very low standard of customer service. My friend and I were preparing to board the plane, she had a purse like bag and her cabin bag and they said nothing about that but I queued with the exact same size of bag and was told I had to open my suitcase and make it fit in, as my suitcase was very full I couldn’t fit it and didn’t understand the issue as my friends were ok. The staff member blocked us at the door and began demanding £50, yet other passengers on the plane were carrying laptops, suitcases and various other items and my friend had the exact same bag. Another staff member then joined her and began causing a scene and refusing to let us on the plane, pointing her finger and generally being nasty. This was very off-putting with being a regular easyJet customer. Although I cannot fault the staff on board, they were extremely helpful. This is not the first time this has happened, and I find it very unfair that it is one rule for one person yet another for someone else.
RouteBelfast to London
Date FlownDecember 2019

"do not have an Italian visa"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Milan. Denied Boarding. I was travelling from London to Hurghada, Egypt. I had transit in Milan, Italy. They denied me of boarding because I do not have an Italian visa. I show them evidence that I do not need a visa, but they did not accept it. Another friend of mine travelled in the same situation without any problems.
RouteGatwick to Milan

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Berlin Tegel. Worst customer service I’ve experienced. I’ll never fly them again, they just out to cheat you and make you pay exorbitant amounts for baggage yet they claim to be a Low cost airline. I paid for two small bags and they charged me for luggage at the gate even though I explained that I paid for two bags. The woman at the gate just kept shouting at me. Needless to say at this point I’ll never fly them again.
RouteGatwick to Berlin Tegel
Date FlownDecember 2019

"will never fly with easyJet again"

Trip Verified | The flight was cancelled 2 days before by Easyjet without offering any refund. They didn't offer as well any alternative way of transportation to arrive at destination, or an alternative accommodation. I had to find everything by myself and I had an important business meeting the day after. In order to arrive on time to the meeting I took a taxi. The taxi was quite expensive (40 Euro) but was the only way to arrive to the destination on time. I asked a refund to Easyjet for the taxi and it was declined. I had the same situation few months before with Ryainair, but at least they booked me on another flight and they refunded my taxi. I will never fly with easyJet again, especially if I have a business meeting.
RouteBerlin to Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2019

"the trip went like a dream"

Trip Verified | A huge thank you to easyJet for making my trip to Kraków so easy and enjoyable. I’ve had an operation on my Achilles tendon and, after 6 weeks in plaster, I’m currently wearing a surgical boot. I use a ‘knee walker/scooter’ to get around but mobility is restricted nonetheless. I was a little apprehensive prior to my trip to Kraków but I shouldn’t have worried. EasyJet and their airport services partners (OCS in Bristol and Welcome in Kraków) meant the trip went like a dream. I was assisted at every step throughout the airport process - from check-in, through security, up to the gate and finally on to the aircraft. On arrival in Kraków I was met by the Welcome team who not only helped me off the aircraft, into the terminal and through immigration, but escorted me to the railway station and put me on a train to the city centre. The whole process was replicated on the return journey. We often read criticism of easyJet and their ilk but I really think that people very often only write about their bad experiences. So I just want to balance the scales a little and present a ‘good news’ story. I had a wonderful time in Kraków, helped in no small part by easyJet and their partners. Thank you very much guys - you did a wonderful job!
RouteBristol to Kraków
Date FlownDecember 2019

"took away my cabin bag"

Trip Verified | Valencia to Gatwick. The flight was 20 minute delayed. They took away my cabin bag to put it as a checked baggage. Later, when we got late to London, I had to wait 40 minutes for my luggage. When it finally arrived, there was no train anymore so I had to take a taxi which was really expensive. I tried to call them and the man who talked to me directly redirected me to the website without barely listening to my complaint. I then complained on the website, where I could not detail what was wrong with my flight and they denied my complaint within 2 hours. This is unacceptable.
RouteValencia to Gatwick
Date FlownDecember 2019

"charged me 52 Euros for a bag"

Trip Verified | Venice to Paris. I booked 3 economy tickets through an agent and booked 26 kgs of luggage and then another 15 kgs of luggage online before the flight. We had 3 bags first bag 18kgs, second bag 15 kgs and the third bag was 8 kgs which was equivalent or few kgs less than the luggage we paid and booked. They say you booked only two loads of 26kgs and 15kgs each and we will not allow your 3rd bag. They charged me 52 Euros for a bag of just 8 kgs. We felt like as though we were looted.
RouteVenice to Paris
Date FlownNovember 2019

"ensuring their rules are standard"

Trip Verified | Bristol to Geneva. I came across the rudest, least empathetic airline employee today. After letting other women with totes and carry ons walk by she picked me out and asked me to open my carry on, put my tote in it, close it and fit it into the carry on size check boxes. My carry on is sold under description it says allowed on EasyJet flights. When i did what she asked me to do my suitcase fit but i couldnt bend and lift the carry on again. When I asked for help she said she would come but made me wait until almost everyone had boarded. I asked her why she was being so mean to me while letting everyone else walk by with same or more luggage. No response. Instead of helping me she walked back to the line and boarded more passengers. At the end it was a kind young female passenger that helped me lift the carry on out of the size checking bars. She also commented on the employee's rudeness. Because I was late in boarding despite having paid extra for a front row seat, my carry on ended up being stored 20 rows behind me. It will be fun finding it after landing. It is not that she asked me to check what is a standard rule at EasyJet but that she did not ask other with same or more weight to do the same so I was arbitrarily picked by her. I wish I had other choices when flying out of Bristol but Easyjet is my only option. I would really appreciate the company providing some common sense and empathy training to their customer-facing employees and ensuring that their rules are standard for all passengers, not just those an employee arbitrarily selects.
AircraftA319/320
RouteBristol to Geneva

"was a decent flight"

Trip Verified | Bari to Milan. Check in was speedy, but like most budget carriers, they also seek jet-bridge averse which is fine seeing as it probably speeds up their turnaround and lowers overall costs. Priority boarding seems a little more exclusive as it should be. With two door boarding disembarkation, the plane loaded and unloaded fairly quickly, so all things considered, this was a decent flight. Main line carriers are however roughly the same price if you travel with checked bags like I do, so I’d just pick whichever flight has the best time.
RouteBari to Milan