easyJet

"ground staff were among the rudest I've ever encountered"

Trip Verified | Expensive and unreliable. Be careful, as the price you see is not the price you pay, which was for our trip, nearly three times more! The airline changed the time of the flight to an hour and a half later, which was then delayed, jeopardising our onward journey and effectively losing us a half day of our holiday - not to mention loss of sleep over the onward connection. The on-board staff were friendly and tried to be understanding, but the ground staff were among the rudest I've ever encountered.
RouteParis to Naples
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"cancelled due to the weather conditions"

Not Verified | My flight was cancelled due to the weather conditions and they informed the cancellation of the flight just 10mins before flight departure. Instead of helping us get another flight, they told us to go back to departure gate and no one was even there on the gate. And then we were told to rebook our flight online and then we were just told to leave the airport which took around 2hrs due to the security. I saw the departure of so many flights which were scheduled just within 1hrs of my flight. They could have delayed my flight maybe or at least assisted in rebooking but they chose to do nothing. Amidst this chaos, where I was still processing what was happening, I rebooked the wrong flight and I have been trying to contact the customer service but guess what no one is responding. There's no customer service at airport and they don't respond online. Wouldn't recommend the flight to anyone.
RouteLondon to Belfast
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"quick, efficient, friendly service"

Not Verified | A quick, efficient, friendly service from easyJet. The plane arrived on stand from a previous sector and was turned around in less than 20 minutes! The crew on board were welcoming and a credit to the airline. Only thing which let it down was the slow ground service at Belfast Int’l in unloading but not the airline’s fault. Overall, a great experience. Will definitely use easyJet for my next trip!
RouteBristol to Belfast
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"would absolutely not recommend EasyJet for COVID era travel"

Not Verified | I was unable to go on this flight due to the COVID restrictions introduced by the German government. EasyJet refused to let me cancel or give me any kind of refund despite claiming that the flight was converted for COVID cancellations when I booked. I would absolutely not recommend EasyJet for COVID era travel, they don’t care about their customers at all.
RouteLondon to Berlin
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"If this is not extortion I don't know what is"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Paid 533 euros, as per proof sent to Skytrax, with one change of dates, for this domestic flight of 01h20m. If this is not extortion I don't know what is. The plane was crowded, there was not enough space for baggage, the cabin was too warm, crew were Portuguese whom have become increasingly unfriendly, unnecessarily formal and even arrogant, easyJet have absorbed TAP's vicious habits in this route and what it seems their crew from 4 years ago. The resuming of flights by Ryanair on this route will put them back on their knees from where they shouldn't have left. Unfortunately they will very likely try to hijack the Regional Government with artificial arguments, which by incompetence, ignorance or dissimulation, they could concede to even more 'support', as if they needed. It is how this so called low cost airlines work. Commercial aviation needs urgent supervision by national Regulators. On a positive note which isn't enough to give them more than one star rating, their telephone support actually works and is attentive, however as per usual with airlines this may change from one day to another.
RouteFunchal to Lisbon
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"we were refused a flight"

Trip Verified | Together with my husband and five-year-old son, we arrived at the airport in advance due to the purchased additional luggage (23kg) We were one of the first to check-in because many people who flew to Berlin at that time had a problem with checking in at the airport by Easy Jet at a time when other airlines (e.g. Ryanair) did not have these problems. Aweek before departure, we observed changes overnight in the restrictions introduced in Germany due to the prevailing pandemic. We have completed all the documents required by the German side so that our trip could take place. In addition, we checked the EasyJet app and EasyJet Hub every day to be sure that any additional changes would not affect our flight. The last change made to the Easyjet Hub took place on December 20. On the day of departure, the Easy jet staff responsible for boarding informed us that we would not be admitted to the flight to Berlin because we have Polish passports and we do not have a transit ticket (from Berlin Brandenburg airport to another airport). The situation was extremely stressful for us, because despite having all the necessary documents, we were refused a flight. We asked to contact the shift manager to confirm this decision, informing in advance that we had spent too much time trying to resolve the situation, which could result in the inability to change the flight (we could have changed the flight up to 2 hours before departure) we informed the staff that I am pregnant and this situation stressed me as well as my five-year-old son, yet we were told to wait for the manager's decision. After two hours, we have been informed that we would not be allowed to fly despite the documents we presented due to the fact that the staff interpreted the restrictions in their own way. We asked the staff for help in changing tickets to another flight, but we were refused help, suggesting that we could contact customer service ourselves on the number that we can find on the Internet. I tried to call customer service to explain the situation. Unfortunately, each of our attempts to connect ended with a broken signal despite no problems with the network. At that time, we bought a next day flight from Manchester to Krakow, we had to perform additional tests on Covid because the previous certificates.
RouteManchester to Berlin
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"very good for low cost airline"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Both flight on A320. Boarding at HEL was chaotic because they were checking the vaccination certificate to passengers that had check-in electronically. At BER chick in was a breeze. Boarding was done with zone system; staff were easy going not creating problems with passengers carrying larger carry-ons. In flight service on menu buy items. Overall very good for low cost airline.
RouteHelsinki to Athens via Berlin
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"all I could get back was my taxes"

Trip Verified | I booked 2 tickets 28th Dec on Easyjet, Gatwick to Geneva to go to France for New Year. I booked Easyjet insurance in case things went wrong and I could not go. I am a flightclub member. France banned UK residents from coming to France so now we cant go - we are not allowed. EasyJet will not refund the flights as they are to Switzerland not France. Easyjet are not doing the right thing and refunding flights. I spoke to Flightclub customer service who told me I could have a voucher. But with insurance I would have to call the insurance number to get a refund. After a few days i got thru to Insurance who told me my insurance did not cover governments telling me I couldn't go to their country! I then called Flightclub back who then said no voucher was available as I was flying to Geneva - not directly into France.! So all I could get back was my taxes! If you are in a similar situation please complain as this is outrageous behaviour!
RouteGatwick to Geneva
Date FlownDecember 2021

"not enough check-in personnel"

Not Verified | Flight was OK, but was delayed by an hour because of a dreadful bag-check in. They were still checking bags in when the gate closed because of not enough check-in personnel. We stood in the queue for 90 minutes just to check our bags in watching the flight gate close with no communication from anyone. The rest of the flight was OK, landed one hour later than expected in the end which isn't too bad given the poor start.
RouteAmsterdam to Bristol

"Very dirty plane"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | I used to be a travel freak, nowadays I try to travel only at last resort and do the utmost not to. Airlines have been very proficuous on dilapidating passengers prerogatives and rights, being mostly legally unreachable, with the exception of litigious proceedings. easyJet seats are hard as rock, considerably uncomfortable, resulting in a martyrdom flight. Paid almost 162,49 euros with 3 months in advance for this recent domestic flight in Portugal of 1 hour, 20 minutes and was assigned a middle seat. You are free to take your own conclusions. Very dirty plane outside and as usual lots of dust inside for some reason that I can't explain. I must say, having used them a lot, cabin crew was much more friendly when they weren't Portuguese serving other Portuguese, which in itself is an absolute shame.
AircraftA320-200