easyJet

"extra £24 for each cabin bag"

Trip Verified | I assumed that their baggage policy was not something strange. They did not allow a passenger to bring a normal size cabin bag on board unless one pays for a seat selection which cost £15.49. I am not sure why EasyJet combines seat selection with a cabin bag. There was the option to buy hold luggage which was more expensive as the cost started from around £20. Failure to comply will result in forcing a passenger to pay extra £24 for each cabin bag. When summing up all the costs, the price can be equivalent or more expensive than proper full service airlines.
RouteBristol to Edinburgh

"Quick, efficient service"

Not Verified | Travelled to Belfast and back from Bristol to visit an elderly relative. Both flights on time and arrived ahead of schedule. Flight attendants welcoming and professional. I felt very safe with the stringent covid measures in place. Quick, efficient service - would recommend. Thank-you Easyjet!
RouteBelfast to Bristol
Date FlownAugust 2021

"never fly with EasyJet again"

Trip Verified | I will never fly with EasyJet again. In my last trip in the peak of the COVID pandemic in 2020, I had a terrible experience with them with very few measures taken for the virus and I promised to never fly with them again, but this year I decided to unfortunately give them a chance again. The main reason of my complaint now is this appalling, cheap and relentless baggage policy they have. Not being able to bring an overhead cabin luggage without paying extra for it is disgusting. It serves no purpose besides scamming your customers and making the check in less efficient, since a lot of unaware people have to pay 29 euros before boarding to get in the plane, and the suitcase goes to the hold and not even with you on board. The staff in Palma de Mallorca told me I could have paid to choose a seat and get the suitcase, but a lot of passangers had to do it on spot.
RoutePalma de Mallorca to Amsterdam
Date FlownAugust 2021

"one month later there is no answer"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | The worst experience I had with flights ever! I paid for my ticket, they sent me the confirmation email, I did the check in and they cancelled my ticket without any reason or any information. I realised it at the gate, they didn't let me fly, as a result I lost my vaccination appointment and another 3 flights. They returned my money from the specific flight but of course there is no refund for the others. When I called them they asked me for some very specific bank documents to investigate my case and one month later there is no answer.
RouteBerlin to Thessaloniki
Date FlownJune 2021

"very punctual airline, cleaned cabin and friendly crew"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | If you are not yet vaccinated and would like to catch covid book a low cost departing from Lisbon and you are sure to be on the center of proliferation at terminal 2, a building the size of medium gym. Confusing change of gates, messy boarding and much stress with very hot weather outside. You will have to walk outside and quite a lot until reaching your plane. However, as usual, very punctual airline, cleaned cabin and friendly crew.
RouteLisbon to Funchal
Date FlownJuly 2021

"EasyJet is a superior budget airline"

Trip Verified | The ground crew were friendly and efficiently handled the new document requirements for travelling to Italy during the Covid-19 pandemic, including the new EU Digital Covid Certificate. Just a pity that they couldn’t have given better/clearer instructions about the need for “surgical quality” masks before we got to the gate – instead of having to buy a five-pack for five Euros at the gate. Otherwise, from boarding to deplaning, everything was “Covid Clean”. Our 1 hour 40-minute flight from Venice to Paris was on a shiny new A320. The legroom was pretty good compared to other budget carriers and the crew were helpful. The bottom line: EasyJet is a superior budget airline.
RouteVenice to Paris
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Please avoid this company"

Trip Verified | Please avoid this company. Better to pay 10-20 Eur extra and have good conditions. Please read the other reviews as well. You will be robbed by 30 EUR for your small baggage by the rude personnel before letting you in the aircraft. Your flight will have delays in both trips.
RouteParis to Nice

"easyJet never again"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | This has been a challenging and tough year and this summer I though my first experience travelling after two years was going to be memorable. Not only did I pay 80€ for an extra cabin bag that I didn't even get to use and had to get rid of all my cosmetic belongings because they exceeded the ml limit, I had to pay an extra 58€ to get my luggage checked in. The hostess in an arrogant tone told me my baggage was too big. I had already changed my luggage for a smaller one, got rid of half my clothes and it was too big ! Only a small wheel got past the metal box, as deserted as the plane was and given the situation they could have clearly arranged a place for my baggage. And when I suggested to refund the cabin bag or at least reduce it from the price of the cabin bag that I couldn't use the condescending woman said and I quote "You knew what you were doing by bringing this bag, it is your fault not mine". I am filled with so much rage ,anger and even sadness. The way she spoke like I was some insignificant number, just another dumb client enraged me to the depths of my soul. I can't deny I mistakenly thought the baggage would fit in the cabin but there is no excuse for the treatment I was given. In a few words, if you are looking for unpleasant, unfair and arrogant treatment, be my guest and fly with easyJet. As for me, easyJet never again.
RouteLisbon to Paris
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Their product is quite consistent"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | They need more flights to Madeira on Friday nights and Monday early mornings. Still, a Friday flight costed me more than 100 euros. Their product is quite consistent, flights on time, planes decently clean, legroom even though not great, acceptable and reasonable even though it is a shame they are not allowing trolleys anymore. On the exterior though the plane seemed to have been caught in a dust storm and they continue to use terminal 2 tarmac even though passengers leave terminal 1 in Lisbon which results in the need for a cramped bus travel through the airport.
RouteLisbon to Funchal

"great first experience"

Trip Verified | First time flying easyJet. Flight departed on time and was quite cheap, only €30. The plane was not very crowded, so I was asked to sit in the exit row, I got a free upgrade! The legroom there was amazing of course. The seats were quite comfortable, but legroom in the normal seats is very cramped. Overall great first experience.
RouteAmsterdam to Berlin