easyJet

"our experience was entirely positive"

Not Verified | Perfectly satisfactory flights. This was at a time when easyJet was getting a lot of media criticism because of cancellations due to staff Covid, but our experience was entirely positive. Rapid bag drop, speedy boarding was fully applied on this flight (not so good on the return, but that was down to the airport using buses for transfer to the plane), the flight left on time and arrived a little early, and the cabin crew were very pleasant. We had extra-legroom seats in one of the over wing emergency exit rows but the standard seats looked fine for someone my height (1.74 m). Space is helped by the thin seats, I was concerned on first sitting down that these seemed rather firm but they must be well shaped because I stayed comfortable for the 3hr50 flight. My only dissatisfaction would be with the price, hence my low mark for 'value for money' - it was £600 each and, even given that it was the start of a UK holiday period, that's pretty eye watering.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Heraklion
Date FlownApril 2022

"Staff handled our plight badly"

Trip Verified | After arriving into the departure lounge at Amsterdam Schipol airport, our flight was suddenly shown as canceled. Went into phone app and switched to a later evening flight, but app noted we had to have a paper boarding pass. There is no Westjet customer service staff or desk near the gates, and no staff except those at the boarding gates. We went to boarding gate at departure time and staff said should have gone back through arrivals to check in to print pass, and we were creating problems. There were at least 10 passengers in the same boat who asked for boarding cards to be printed. Easyjet cancels the flight then expects checked in passengers to go back to check in then back through security? Eventually a supervisor did print the boarding cards but seemed poorly managed, and of course not a $ in compensation for an almost 3 hour delay. Staff handled our plight badly. The flight was fine.
RouteAmsterdam to Luton
Date FlownMarch 2022

"comfort was better than I expected"

Not Verified | I don't often fly this airline, but the experience was reasonable for a budget operator. As it happened, the flight was delayed by ongoing issues. When we finally boarded, the captain went to some trouble to explain in detail, and apologise which was good, especially as it was not his fault. Ditto the cabin crew. A good way to defuse irritation, especially late at night. Seat comfort was better than I expected. The flight went smoothly.
RouteParis to Edinburgh
Date FlownApril 2022

"not be using easyJet in the future"

Trip Verified | We were due to fly from Bristol to Bodrum on Sunday 3rd April 2022. Our flight was due to take off at 0600. We had booked to stay overnight in Bristol on the 02nd April due to our early start and also because we live an hour and a half away from the airport. We got up at 0300 in order to be at the airport at 0400 as advised by easyJet, I was emailed at 01:07 on the day to be told that our flight had been cancelled, they gave us under 5 hours notice! We decided to go to the airport to see what our options would be, as we were travelling due to a family bereavement. We arrived at Bristol Airport at 0400 to be greeted by a very busy easyJet check in area. I made my way to the special assistance desk as this had the smallest queue. We were approached by a easyJet representative, I explained our situation and we were rudely told that we needed to go onto the easyJet app and to sort it out ourselves, they were too busy to help. I asked to speak to the duty manager, who eventually came over to see me, they explained that we were expected to manage our own booking via the app, after explaining out circumstances and the reasons we were due to travel they agreed to transfer us onto another easyJet flight to Antalya later on that day at 1520, and that we would have to pay for the onward 6 hour road transport to take us to our original location in Bodrum, to keep the receipt and claim the money back as there policy states they are only able to book road transport within the UK and not overseas. We were advised that our original flight was cancelled due to crew sickness. Apparently easyJet had no standby crew available in order to allow our flight to Bodrum depart. No empathy was shown by any easyJet ground staff at Bristol. When we boarded our new flight to Antalya we were advised by the cabin crew that the operating aircraft had not been restocked therefore no duty free was available and they had very limited food and drink to sell onboard. All in all a very poor show. Will not be using easyJet in the future
RouteBristol to Bodrum
Date FlownApril 2022

"charged to put the case in the hold"

Not Verified | Easyjet state on their website that ‘all passengers can carry on cabin luggage 45cmx36cmx20cm. I bought a case with these measurements (including wheels and handle) but was stopped at the gate in Stansted, asked to put my case in the size checker, and was charged to put the case in the hold. When I challenged the sizing I was rudely dismissed and was told this size was for speedy boarding passengers only. I checked the size of the case once again when I returned home and it was exactly as stated on Easyjet website.
RouteStansted to Belfast
Date FlownApril 2022

"Staff have absolutely no idea what they are doing"

Trip Verified | Staff have absolutely no idea what they are doing. Inconsistencies in policy, giving inconsistent and inaccurate information leading to more costs. A money making scheme to exploit the customer. Take your business to a reputable company instead.
RouteThira to Manchester

"Speedy boarding followed"

Trip Verified | Speedy boarding followed. Spacious cabin, quite good legroom for 6’2”. Friendly cabin crew. Clean seat/cabin, selection of snacks. We’d booked one aisle seat and one window seat, hoping that we’d get the row, however someone came along and sat on our row - not the airlines fault. It would be good if you were given a cleaning wipe and small bottle of water to clean down your table and seat before departure.
RouteBelfast to Liverpool
Date FlownApril 2022

"Delayed by 1 hour with no compensation"

Trip Verified | Friendly cabin crew. Selection of snacks onboard. Delayed by 1 hour with no compensation. Aircraft felt dark and small, not much legroom (6’2”) - despite other EZY flights having good legroom We had to put our large cabin bags on overhead lockers over seat 14, even though we had upfront seats. Speedy boarding wasn’t followed - we were at the back of the queue.
RouteLiverpool to Belfast
Date FlownApril 2022

"This airline is terrible!"

(Cyprus)

Not Verified | This airline is terrible! Cannot communicate with anyone! All hidden behind computers. Trying for 2 days to make changes and its an impossible thing to do! Mr Stelios Hadjioannou its about time you take control of this! I will discard this flight and rather loose my money and fly with a decent airline where we can reach someone to talk to.
RouteParis to Larnaca

"Shoddy, disgusting service"

Not Verified | I've just been informed our flights for our holiday have been changed 8 days before we are due to fly. I only found this out by chance as I happened to open their app and saw the flights had been changed as well as returning to a different airport. So now due to the new times we are now losing over a day of our holiday having paid over £1600. No compensation offered! The travel agent had to apologise on Easyjets behalf. They hadn't been informed of the changes either. This was a holiday to celebrate my 50th birthday. I will never fly with Easyjet again. Shoddy, disgusting service.
RouteLondon to Venice