China Southern Airlines

"Recommended airline"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Guangzhou, an excellent trip, except there was no wifi. Aircraft was new with roomy seats. The movies in the entertainment system are up to date. The stewardesses were nice, helpful and and willing to help. Had a enjoyable flight, Recommended airline.
RouteMelbourne to Guangzhou

"gentle service provided"

(China)

Trip Verified | GuangZhou to Bali. It’s a nice and smooth flight. They gave me a window seat so that I was able to watch the sunrise. Very gentle service provided by the crew was what I wanted on this red eye flight. I had some tasteful breakfast and a few cups of coffee in the morning.
RouteGuangZhou to Bali
Date FlownMay 2019

"crew were friendly and helpful"

(China)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Phuket. The boarding was on time. I sat in seat 49J, beside the emergency exit, so the legroom was enough. The lavatory was clean. The egg of the meal on board taste bad. Cabin crew were friendly and helpful with a smile. It made me very surprised that the crew broadcast in Cantonese, it was my first time to hear Cantonese in China Southern.
RouteGuangzhou to Phuket

"seat was very narrow"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Toronto. Good service, seat however was very narrow so the flight was slightly uncomfortable but otherwise the flight was smooth. Food was alright, what you would expect from airplane food.
RouteGuangzhou to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2019

"Quite a nice experience"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Changsha via Guangzhou. Special thanks to the crew of my flight from Melbourne to Guangzhou for arranging two seats for me, as I just had a operation on my back. They thoroughly managed the wheelchair for me after landing. I was impressed. Other things were ok. I chose the Chinese options from those and the western ones, and I liked it. Didn't get to use the inflight WiFi, since they changed the procedure from applying onboard to applying through official App 24hour ahead. Transit in Guangzhou was pretty smooth, got back to Changsha on time. Quite a nice experience.
RouteMelbourne to Changsha via Guangzhou
Date FlownMay 2019

"satisfied with the service"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Melbourne via Guangzhou. I paid an additional RMB 150 on their official App to book an aisle seat when I bought the tickets. 4 hours before the departure, I found out it became free then. It really seems unfair to passengers like me who paid more to get a free service after all. I asked the ground staff by the check-in, and they had no idea why. It also cost me 3,000 mileage to have a onboard WiFi access, which used to be free to apply on the App. For the service onboard, I'm impressed. Flight attendants were friendly and helpful. They explained different kinds of food and type of wines along the meal service. Overall I was really satisfied with the service from both the ground staff and the cabin crew. I do recommend it, but I hope they can do something about those doubt I had.
AircraftA320 / A330
RouteBangkok to Melbourne via Guangzhou
Date FlownMay 2019

"staff are just fantastic!"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Sydney via Guangzhou. Check-in at Bangkok airport was dismal, unpleasant staff not answering very reasonable questions. Supervisor was the same. But the crew on the flight to Guangzhou were excellent and extremely helpful. Due to late arrival of the aircraft from Guangzhou (big storms in China), I was about to miss the flight to Sydney. One of the flight attendants run with me to the gate to make sure staff at the gate did what they could for me to catch the Sydney flight. Unfortunately, I did miss the connection but their efforts were very much appreciated. China Southern put me up in a hotel and 12 hours later, I was on the next flight to Sydney. Also a very pleasant flight, China Southern staff are just fantastic!
RouteBangkok to Sydney via Guangzhou
Date FlownApril 2019

"service is worth recommending"

(China)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Singapore, the overall service is worth recommending. Especially the flight attendant service makes me very satisfied, and service is in place. They ask if we need blankets. Secondly, add drinks several times while distributing meals.
RouteGuangZhou to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2019

"it was an excellent flight"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to New Zealand. The aircraft is Boeing 787-9, equipped with 1-2-1 configuration in business class, which provided excellent privacy. On board WiFi was free and had pretty good connectivity. Cabin crew was professional, friendly and helpful. Two meals were served and also a night snack in between. Both Chinese and western style, I chose the Chinese style, I enjoyed the two meals, the beef meatball soup and Chinese dim sum were pretty good. Overall, I would say it was an excellent flight.
AircraftBOEING 787-9
RouteGuangzhou to Auckland
Date FlownMay 2019

"very cheap price tempted me"

Trip Verified | This was the second time I flew with China Southern Airlines. After the last time, when flights departed late and arrived late, and when my flight was cancelled without informing me and getting back home was a disaster taking 2 frustrating days, I swore I would never fly with them again. However, the very cheap price tempted me, knowing that inflight service was good. Guangzhou to Melbourne staff were extremely polite and responsive. Delhi to Guangzhou staff seemed to be unusually stressed and curt. On both flights, seating was comfortable with a generous recline (though you have to work out the trick to getting it back), food was fine and toilets clean. Inflight entertainment a little limited.
AircraftA330-300 / A330-200
RouteDelhi to Melbourne via Guangzhou

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review