China Southern Airlines

"choose China Southern again"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to London via Guangzhou. Booked duty free products prior my travel and picked it up on my second flight, from Guangzhou to London. It was convenient and came with a 20% discount. I applied inflight WiFi on both my flights using mileage. The internet speed was not impressive. Food and drinks were alright, same as the entertainment system. The movie and music collection was decent. I loved to transit in Guangzhou airport. Such a smooth, pleasant experience. I would choose China Southern Airlines again.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 787
RouteMelbourne to London via Guangzhou
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Service was exceptional"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to New York JFK. Great flight. Service on flight was exceptional. Clean cabin. Aircraft left on time and arrived early. The seating is spacious and very comfortable.
RouteGuangzhou to New York JFK
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I had wonderful experience"

(China)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Melbourne on 29th August I had wonderful experience. Good hardware especially inflight entertainment. Many movies to choose. Though sometimes not working and IFE needed to be reset. I recommend Chinese style food onboard. I feel the quality of food is good. Staff were very helpful and hardworking.
RouteGuangzhou to Melbourne

"Very smooth flight"

(China)

Trip Verified | Sydney to Shenzhen, Very smooth flight, we took off late but arrived almost as scheduled. Food was good, I had two meals on board, the first one was served about an hour after taking off, and then the lights were off for about 4 to 5 hours for us to sleep at night, the second meal was breakfast. You could choose from western and eastern style for both meals, I chose eastern for the first meal and western for the second, both meals fit my appetite. The neck support pillow they provided could be fixed to the back of my seat, which made my sleep on this long overnight flight cozy and comfortable. Very great! The thing was equipped with sensors that could detect my vital signs, the cabin crew taught me how to use it and I received a health report on my phone when I landed.
RouteSydney to Shenzhen

"I'll choose it again!"

Trip Verified | Wuhan to San Francisco. I would recommend flying with China Southern Airlines. The cabin crews are the best. It was the time I fallen in sleep and I didn’t get my dinner, and they supplied it to me immediately. They are very kind and careful. I'll choose it again!
RouteWuhan to San Francisco
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Expedia ticket that was unchangeable"

Trip Verified | New York to Vientiane via Guangzhou. Part of the problem is that I booked through Expedia. I spent more time on the phone about this booking than any other flight. Expedia refers the customer to the CZ website to manage the flight, seat selection, meals, etc. But the website will only open to customers who have booked at the site! Expedia does not link! The U.S. phone number for CZ is Pacific Time, limited daytime hours, and I never had any of my calls answered, even after long waits. I called the office in China, who did answer the phone, and they were helpful; however, when it came time to pay for seat confirmation, only Chinese credit cards were accepted, no MC or Visa or AMEX. So I could not pre-book a seat. I was only able to select a seat when I checked in at JFK on a return flight (after most seats were already assigned). Even worse, without informing me, Expedia booked me on a ticket that was unchangeable! In this case, I had to purchase an entirely new ticket (through Expedia) for my return flight, for $754, expecting reimbursement. Even though the representative and her supervisor acknowledged that I was not properly informed, it still took considerable effort to get Expedia to agree to reimburse $500. Flight times were on schedule, often arriving early. Connection through Guangzhou is a little difficult, with a long walk to the connection. Boarding is disorganized and a scramble. Onboard, staff are courteous and friendly, with limited but acceptable English. For entertainment, the LED screen is new, bright and crisp, with a relatively good selection of English language programming. Food in Economy is mediocre. In 8 meals, I was served fruit twice and yoghurt once. Chocolate never. Cheese never. No breakfast meal (eggs, potatoes, sausage, pancakes). Between meals, no peanuts, candy bars, apples, oranges, bananas, chips, or other snacks were available, only boxes of noodle soup. Similarly, there was a very limited selection of drinks. No comfort packs were distributed (eyeshade, toothbrush, etc). I make this trip between Laos and the U.S. frequently, generally using Middle-East carriers (Qatar, Etihad). the trip is very long, generally with 2 connections and significant airport waiting time. This new alternative on CZ has only one quick connection, and a total of only 20 hrs between boarding and disembarking. For this reason alone, I will again select CZ. But many of the problems I listed should be, and can be, easily remedied to improve its reputation and reviews.
RouteNew York to Vientiane via Guangzhou

"Overall it was nice"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Amsterdam, via Guangzhou. Quite a long, but nice experience. Ground staff checked my luggage straight to Amsterdam. Onboard service was pretty good. Crew were patient and helpful. Both meals and snacks were delicious. Transfer in Guangzhou was smooth. The second flight to Amsterdam was a redeye. I tried to sleep after I had my first meal, but my seat was narrow and the cushion was not so comfy. A flight attendant offered me extra blanket and pillow, and gave me a pair of slipper. Both two flights were on A330, inflight WiFi was available on the first , but not the second flight of my journey. I was told the service was only avail by applying 2 hours through their official app. Overall it was nice, but I think they can make it more satisfying after they upgrade their hardware like WiFi and seat.
RouteMelbourne to Amsterdam via Guangzhou
Date FlownAugust 2019

"A330 has very narrow aisle"

(China)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Amsterdam on Aug 16th.My seat is 2G. The crew are nice and provided the best service. The films on the plane are pretty new. I think the A330 has very narrow aisle and the wifi is not stable.
RouteGuangZhou to Amsterdam
Date FlownAugust 2019

"It is a wonderful journey"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Shanghai via Guangzhou. I chose the premium economy , which can provide a wider leg room in the front row of the aircraft. This is a 14 hour flight, and the airline provide the blanket and pillow, slipper and a small pouch or the premium passenger. For the meal part, there are two main meals during this flight, each meals have three choices: potato, pasta and rice, and also include an appetizer, fruit and dessert. Because this flight departure in the midnight and everyone is tired, the cabin crew kept the lights in a dark position. It is a wonderful journey with an excellent airline.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteToronto to Shanghai via Guangzhou
Date FlownAugust 2019

"thankful to those nice staff"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Shanghai to Seoul. I was unlucky to fly with typhoon, and the flight was canceled without any information. It was so terrible for me as I took a child who is only 6 with me and I have no place to stay in Shanghai. The ground staff in Shanghai Pudong airport. they gave me suggestions and helped me to change my ticket to the date they thought the weather would be ok for flight. I left them my phone number, and they kept on touch with me to tell me the newest information. Though the flight was delayed to the next day, I was so thankful to those nice staff.
RouteShanghai to Seoul

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review