China Southern Airlines

Customer rating from 2023 reviews

"polite professional and helpful"

Not Verified | The cabin staff were polite professional and helpful. Having taken our seats which I'd re-booked them making sure no one would be sat behind us. The 1st meal wasn't to my liking but I'm not keen on fish or any seafood so my hubby had both and thoroughly enjoyed it. Breakfast was OK sausage tomatoes mushrooms scrambled eggs etc which was pleasant. In between we were offered drinks from water to wine. Leg room was OK tv good. Hopefully our journey home will be the same. Overall a good experience 9 out of 10.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Guangzhou l
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"I did not receive any notification"

Trip Verified |  I was due to fly from London Heathrow to Sydney via Guangzhou last night. When I got to the airport to check in, it’s says the flight is cancelled. I did not receive any notification from China Southern about this cancellation nor was given a reason. It’s now 6 hours since my flight was due to leave and I’m yet to receive anything in writing from China southern about this. They offered for me to board a flight to Guangzhou the next day but that there is no availability to complete my journey to Sydney, at least for several days and even then there is no guarantee. They did not offer any other solution or refund. I had to purchase another flight to Sydney with another airline and there doesn’t seem to be anyway to get my money back. Also, because I don’t accept their flight to China, I lose my return flight.
RouteLondon to Sydney
Date FlownFebruary 2024

“a very good experience”

Trip Verified | Overall a very good experience, all the staff on board and ground staff very nice and very service minded. Especially the flight attendants during my 4 flights were very kind and very service minded. Special thanks to the ladies of my flight from Guangzhou to Frankfurt. The A350 is a wonderful plane to fly with, very quiet, seats and food are good, only the movies are subtitled with Chinese which is a bit annoying. Overall comparable with Emirates. I had a layover of 24 hours in Guangzhou and the airline arranged everything for me, hotel with food and drinks, visa and transport.
AircraftA350 and A320
RouteFrankfurt to Saigon via Guangzhou

“Good all round service”

Trip Verified | On time flights, nice newish aircraft. Service really good by cabin crew. On the 787-9 dreamliner good leg room. Food was also good. Good all round service. Very good value for the ticket from Bangkok to Heathrow, £234 including using the lounge in Guangzhou China.
AircraftBoeing 787-9, Boeing 737-800
RouteBangkok to London Heathrow via Guangzhou
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"makes you pay for selecting seats"

Trip Verified | The airline makes you pay for selecting seats and if you chose not to they assign you separate seats even if you are part of the same booking. So couples are assigned seats in two rows. Children separated from their parents by other passengers. We had 4 such cases within 6 rows of our seat. Who knows how many others in the flight were separated because they chose not to pay for their seat.
RouteParis to Sydney via Guangzhou
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"Forgot my gluten free meal"

Trip Verified | Forgot my gluten free meal. I couldn’t eat on the flight or in transit and they took no responsibility for it. The staff gave me a meal ticket and when I arrived for stopover in Guangzhou and there was no gluten free options. The staff at the counter did not not did not speak English and no one would translate for me. Everyone looked at me like I was an inconvenience and then, it was time for my next flight and I had to run to the gate. People on the flight from to Melbourne coughed and hacked up phlegm. There was no hygiene protocols.
RouteRome to Melbourne via Guangzhou

“provided exceptional assistance”

Not Verified | China Southern Airlines' staff at Guangzhou Baiyun airport provided exceptional assistance. As tourists from the Netherlands, we were facing a visa issue for New Zealand, and their wholehearted and patient support effectively resolved the problem. We are truly grateful for their outstanding help and will always remember their assistance.
RouteGuangzhou to Auckland
Date FlownDecember 2023

"price of the flight is really cheap"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | The crew are really helpful, friendly with a smiley face. The meals is quite good. The seat are comfortable. Although there's no TV, the crew member provide headphones. There are many channels. Luggage claim was fast. The price of the flight is really cheap.
RouteShenzhen to Beijing
Date FlownDecember 2023

"attendants were attentive, friendly"

Trip Verified | The online booking process was user-friendly and straightforward. The check-in process was smooth and hassle-free, thanks to the courteous and efficient staff. The aircraft was modern and well-equipped. I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the seating. The cleanliness of the cabin was impeccable. The flight attendants were attentive, friendly, and available to assist with any needs. Their dedication to ensuring passenger comfort was evident throughout the flight. The food was delicious, with a variety of options.
RouteGuangzhou to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2023

"The service was very good"

(China)

Trip Verified | I was very happy to fly China Southern Airlines. The service was very good when I checked in. We had a lot of luggage, and she was careful to help us to go through the formalities. The food on the plane was also good.
RouteShanghai to Brisbane via Guangzhou

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review