China Southern Airlines

Customer rating from 1912 reviews

"It was a great flight"

(China)

Trip Verified | It was a great flight and the crew served me very good. After arriving Guangzhou, staff helpedme figure out how to file the code on my phone. She and the China Southern crew did a good job.
RouteLos Angeles to Guangzhou
Date FlownJuly 2021

"cabin service is not bad"

(China)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Guangzhou, efficient and orderly check-in service, take off on time, cabin service is not bad, we can still get a bag of food and snacks and films as the Inflight entertainment during the Covid. Ground staff which met my husband and I at the aircraft upon deplaning, assisted us through the entry process in Guangzhou which made clearing the COVID protocols stress free.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Guangzhou
Date FlownMay 2021

"good protective / barrier measures"

Trip Verified | Great punctuality. Very good protective / barrier measures make the passenger feel safe / good comfort level. Arrival process in Guangzhou managed very efficiently
RouteParis to Guangzhou
Date FlownJuly 2021

"flight attendant was very patient"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Because of the epidemic, my flight with other airline cancelled so I have to temporarily change to this flight. Ticket prices have not become unacceptable due the epidemic, certainly the price is not as cheap as low-cost airlines. The flight attendant was very patient, because I needed operate the health code. He helped me and answered my questions. The flight provides a meal, but if it goes more delicate will be perfect.
RouteJinghong to Guangzhou
Date FlownJuly 2021

"service still in high level"

(China)

Trip Verified | We were satisfied with the flight from Melbourne to Guangzhou airport. Their prices are reasonable, they have a good flight schedule (two flights a week), even though outside is Covid. We can arrange tickets and check reservation on their website and phone App easily. In general, the cabin and ground handling service still in high level.
RouteMelbourne to Guangzhou
Date FlownMay 2021

"slept through my entire trip"

Trip Verified | I'm very pleased with airport ground handling, they are very helpful, and polite, informed me about business class upgrades, although there's no more seats available they still added my number and keeps me informed if any seats becomes available. I almost gave up waiting for the class upgrade but before I enter security check, they called letting me know there is a seat becomes available, so I immediately took that spot, paid for my upgrade and slept through my entire trip.
RouteGuangzhou to Los Angeles
Date FlownJuly 2021

"kept inquiring about relevant information"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Our flight departed at 12:30 in the evening on June 29, 2021. We need to provide a valid PCR test report for 48 hours before boarding. When we arrived at the airport to check in, we were told that our test report might not meet New Zealand's entry requirements, we were very frustrated. Fortunately staff from China Southern Airlines kept inquiring about relevant information for us. Finally, with the help of staff, we took the flight back to New Zealand on time. Thank you for your quick, accurate, professional and solving problems for us.
RouteGuangzhou to Auckland
Date FlownJune 2021

"calmed me down with excellent service"

Trip Verified | First leg of the flight (SHA - CAN) was cancelled within 24 hours before the departure from Shanghai to Los Angeles via Guangzhou but somehow I made it in time from Shanghai to Guangzhou by taking an earlier flight to catch my long haul flight from Guangzhou to Los Angeles on May 15, 2021. Though it was not a smooth trip due to the unexpected sudden flight cancellation, but luckily I was impressed during this trip with the ground staff of China Southern Airlines at Guangzhou International Airport who checked in me and calmed me down with excellent service.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A380
RouteShanghai to Los Angeles via Guangzhou

"thoughtful cabin service"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Guangzhou, clean and comfortable seats and thoughtful cabin service. The friendly team of ground staff and clear immigration health inspection procedures left a deep impression on me. Finally, we also got a great quarantine time in the hotel.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Guangzhou
Date FlownJune 2021

"experience is really good"

(China)

Trip Verified | This flight experience was great. After landing, the ground staff carefully check the declaration content. If you have a chance, you want to take China Southern Airlines. The experience is really good.
RouteSingapore to Guangzhou

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review