Breeze Airways

"Do not travel Breeze Airways"

Not Verified | Constant delays and after waiting some four hours, the flight was canceled yesterday - or rather "delayed" overnight to the next morning. Communication and information was spotty and no customer service number. We were told via email that because of FAA requirements, the crew had to rest. I checked in this morning at 8:30 am for a 10:20 flight only to be informed via email that the flight was now delayed until 11:50. Will I ever get off the ground and get home? What t fresh horror awaits us today at the hands of the bumbling Breeze? My advice: Do not travel Breeze Airways. Book another airline.
RouteWhite Plains to Sarasota
Date FlownNovember 2022

"slow, unhelpful and untrained"

Trip Verified | Painful customer service: slow, unhelpful and untrained. Even though I had checked in online at home, took over 30 min at desk to check luggage, get tags, get physical boarding pass for my party of three passengers. We needed special assistance, a wheelchair, for one passenger and they called the wrong place, told me to wait but finally I had to go to wheelchair assistance myself. On the plane in nicest cabin, flight attendants used 2 overhead bins for their personal items and we couldn't use the ones above our seats in row 1. My backpack was removed from one bin, and rather than put it into the next overhead bin, the flight attendant placed at my feet, so I had to unbuckle, wait for loading passengers to pass then put into open spot right before take off. Unhelpful. Any time that's happened before on Delta, Virgin, American, Jet Blue, they move for you to minimize your inconvenience.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteLos Angeles to Westchester County
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Flight cancelled for no reason"

Trip Verified | Flight cancelled for no reason. Was told by several people on Southwest flight to Syracuse that Breeze would cancel for no reason and then, yes, my flight was cancelled. Could not reach a customer service rep. Could not reschedule through Breeze. So had to extend time is Syracuse an extra day to find flight.
RouteSyracuse to Charleston

"delayed every time"

Not Verified | Tampa to Charleston. I fly this airline twice a month and it is delayed every time. The communication from the airline is terrible and the gate personnel have no idea because nobody tells them.
RouteTampa to Charleston
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Communication and updates horrible"

Trip Verified | Airplane and staff was excellent. Communication and updates horrible. I was on a flight to Vegas and just like the one on the inbound was delayed over two hours. I understand new routes have growing pains but the departure board at the airport had the wrong gate and I was sitting in a common area with clear view of the tarmac where the plane was suppose to arrive. I checked for updates about every 10-15 min. and not only did the board never change but they did not update the departure time either, it just said delayed. I did receive an update email that the flight would be departing at 12.35 with out updated gate information. I then checked the board and not change so I found a rep of the airport and he told me after looking at the departure board again that gate is not being used. I then saw a plane at a different gate and got on the plane luckily because it was delayed because of fuelling. They told me my seat was double booked and lost me first class seat. When I asked for my upgrade refunded they would not because I was considered a no show and never addressed their lack of updates or giving the correct info to the airport. If I could I would love to attach these correspondences so you can see the absurdities of their responses. Let me say again the plane was awesome and the on plane service was great.
RouteCanton Akron to Las Vegas
Date FlownNovember 2022

"not having Customer Service lines"

Not Verified | This airline thinks that not having a Customer Service lines to speak to a live person is a good idea! It’s cold and disconnected to only have option to text for questions. It took 5 hours to exchange 5 texts with an agent(s) to get 1 question answered! It’s not worth the few dollars of savings from my other go to airline that has live agent to speak to 24 hours a day.
RouteProvo to San Francisco
Date FlownNovember 2022

"I think its worth giving Breeze a shot"

Trip Verified | Maybe I got lucky, but I was pleasantly surprised. I was thrilled to have a more affordable AND more importantly, direct flight form South Carolina back to my home area in California. In my 15+ years of living in SC, this had never before been possible. Both my departure and return flights were on time, and my departure flight actually got me out early which was great. The staff on the flight out of CHS wasn't as friendly as the return flight from SFO, but nothing major to report. The plane itself was newer, on one of the trips however there was a coffee stain that had never been cleaned up properly on my tray. The airline is no thrills, so don't expect a full meal to order or in-plane movies for a long flight. Also if you need to talk to a customer service person outside of your flight you can only get in touch with a rep online through chat services and virtual means which frustrates many people. However if you have an issue at the airport, reps are on hand to help. Long story short, if you go into all of that knowing the disadvantages but placing a higher value in getting a better priced airfare and a direct flight somewhere you can't normally, I think its worth giving Breeze a shot. There were so many app complaints but I didn't experience anything anyone else complained of. I am very grateful this airline offers direct flights now from my location. I think they are new and probably working out a lot of kinks, all things considered I think they might deserve more credit than people give them. I will probably fly them again as long as I am living in this location.
RouteCharleston to San Francisco
Date FlownAugust 2022

"one of the best flight experiences ever"

Not Verified | After reading so many negative reviews, I was more than a little apprehensive about our trip. I am so happy that everything was perfect. In all honesty, the flight was 30 minutes late. Who cares? With air travel what it is these days 30 minutes was nothing. The aircraft seemed brand new. The flight attendants attentive without being annoying. Smooth flights from Akron to Tampa and back. We did not check baggage so I cannot speak to that. Overall one of the best flight experiences ever.
RouteAkron to Tampa

"Round trip was perfect"

Trip Verified | Pleasantly surprised after so many bad reviews. Round trip was perfect. Minimal delays, comfy seats, friendly staff, smooth flight. Going, we were given water and m&m’s. Back we got nothing, but it was only an hour. I’d definitely fly Breeze again
RouteTampa to Charleston
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Might want to skip Breeze Airways"

Trip Verified | Both flights to and from on my trip with Breeze Airways was at least 2 hrs late. During my trip I was was sent probably 10 status alerts of the trip which was annoying along with emails saying you might want to change your flight because they overbooked or you might lose your seat. They have no customer service number, so don't think you're gonna speak to someone. At the last minute they changed our gate, And it was confusing because they were boarding another flight at the same gate. Might want to skip Breeze Airways unless you want to be frustrated, confused and 3 hours to kill!
RouteNorfolk to Tampa