Breeze Airways

“Bad experience all around”

Not Verified | So I was really excited to try Breeze Airways but won't be doing so again! I was held up at the rental car kiosk because someone returned a car without a key fob (strange). When I finally got to the terminal there was not a person to be found at the Breeze Airways desk! They close 45 minutes before the flight! I had no way to check my luggage and the neighboring airlines would not help me locate a Breeze employee. I took my luggage to the security checkpoint where I was told that I have to ditch the luggage. Security was finally able to contact someone from the airlines that took my luggage before I had to toss my belongings! Finally got on the plane, my reserved seat was taken and the Stewardess put me in a different seat instead of telling that person they were in the wrong seat! Bad experience all around and I definitely will NOT fly Breeze again!
RouteJacksonville to Providence
Date FlownApril 2024

"Delay for 6 hrs for no reason"

Not Verified | First and last time flying with this company. Delay for a total of 6 hrs for no reason, there was no issue with the weather or anything. They had enough time to get another plane. The service was bad, either they are new or they just don’t care for you. I would choose Spirit anytime over this.
RoutePittsburg to Hartford
Date FlownApril 2024

"seemed like they couldn't care less"

Trip Verified | This is the second trip I've taken with Breeze and both times there were issues with the plane causing major delays. At least last time the immediately offered a Breeze points discount but this time nothing, not even upon request. Then on top of this I purchased bag check-ins online but when my wife and sons arrived they were told they had to pay again. Breeze refused to refund me and so I had to contact my bank to dispute the charges. Breeze seemed like they couldn't care less about losing a customer. I would highly recommend steering clear of this airline!
RouteLos Angeles to Bradley
Date FlownApril 2024

“two very poor experiences”

Trip Verified | I really, really want to like this airline- but it has given me two very poor experiences, my time is too valuable to allow a third. The flight was initially delayed for maintenance - it was boarded and delayed with passengers on the plane for more maintenance - then the taxi occurred - stopped again in need of more maintenance. I question all together the safety of this aircraft. My other experience occurred on a Norfolk to Providence flight where the plane was continuously delayed at a variety of intervals over a four hour period and then cancelled. Our flight attendants pre flight talk was given with intonations indicating she was bored to death and could have cared less. On top of all of this you pay for everything having to do with the flight experience separately, making this a high cost ticket with no reward. This airline in my experience has been undependable, uncomfortable and now I question the safety of the planes themselves. Research this company before you decide to fly with them. And if my experiences hold with others if you arrive at your destination at all, it will not be on time.
RouteTampa to Richmond
Date FlownApril 2024

"I wouldn’t fly breeze again"

Not Verified |   I paid for an emergency row seat and they moved my seat number 2 days before my flight to a regular seat. So, $35 wasted! There is absolutely NO one to talk to about this issue! Breeze airways is a joke when it comes to customer service. The flight attendants are also very casual and really seem to careless about safety and their passengers. The aircraft is comfortable and appears well maintained. If you can score a cheap flight then it’s probably worth it. But, beware you are on your own! No help at all! I wouldn’t fly breeze again unless I score a ticket $100 less than other airlines. It is definitely worth paying more to have a courteous and helpful airline.
RoutePittsburgh to New Orleans
Date FlownApril 2024

"reps seemed totally unconcerned"

Trip Verified | They displaced my luggage and it was not returned to me for 13 days. It was discovered after 9 days in Cleveland, OH and took another 4 days for them to deliver it to me. My flight didn't even go through Cleveland? Their customers reps seemed totally unconcerned and made no special effort to try and find it, telling me that they try to be fair and consistent to all of their customers that lose bags and used the excuse that they are not a 24/7 operation and it takes them up to 15 days to locate bags, despite their written policy that says that you can file a claim for reimbursement after 10 days. When I questioned this they said that they do a final search at 10 days. The truth is they weren't making any significant effort to try and locate it. Why do they look for it after 10 days, instead of immediately? They don't have a baggage tracking system at their New Orleans location so they have no idea where your bag is and are unable to track it. There is no one you can talk to and they never called me, instead you have to correspond with them via impersonal emails.
AircraftEmbraer 190
RouteNew Orleans to Providence via Pittsburgh

“No compensation offered”

Trip Verified | 5 hour delay out of Springfield, Illinois and now find out that my return flight is delayed as well. First and last time I fly Breeze Airways. No compensation offered!! Do not fly this airline!
RouteSpringfield, Illinois to Orlando, Florida

"Excellent experience"

Trip Verified | Flight was 6am and the reverse flight was 8:30pm, both left on time and arrived on time. Somehow the flight from Jax to BDL was only 2 hours 10 min. Seating is a little cramped but ok, I got free coffee, you can recharge your phone at your seat. It turned out to be the cheapest and fasted flight from BDL to JAX. Excellent experience
RouteHartford to Jacksonville
Date FlownMarch 2024

"The experience was awful"

Trip Verified | The experience was awful. Booking the ticket was difficult and there is no customer service to speak with. The flight was delayed three times which turned out to be over three hours. The last text read, we are sorry and we will make this up to you. When arriving at the gate, we asked if we could upgrade to a seat with more leg room, we were told, I can’t help you, you have to do it in the app. I couldn’t find where it showed the available seats, I asked for assistance and was told, I can’t help you, I don’t know how to finds things on the app. Honestly, a stranger passenger overheard the conversation and offered to help. They helped me find the now available seat because so many passengers dropped off. I PAID to upgrade the seats. So much for making it up to you
RouteCharleston to New Orleans
Date FlownMarch 2024

"Not a good way to run things"

Trip Verified | We paid extra for seating and free Wi-Fi only to find out the plane didn’t have Wi-Fi. Nothing was acknowledged to us about any type of credit or anything. Not a good way to run things.
RoutePhoenix to Hartford