Breeze Airways

"separated us on the flight back"

Trip Verified | This will be my first and last flight if they don’t get better. My friend and I traveled to Las Vegas for the weekend and they separated us on the flight back to Salt Lake City because we didn’t pay for the seat, no other airline does that. So many other little things that I didn’t like it. I will go back to buy my flight tickets from a better airline definitely.
RouteLas Vegas to Provo
Date FlownOctober 2022

"may consider them in the future if they get their act together"

Not Verified | Horrible first experience. From West Palm Beach to Norfolk great experience. We're not high maintenance. However, our return flight was canceled for "maintenance issues" at boarding. However I suspect it was personnel issues. I never saw a single crew member arrive. They said, next flight on Friday (5 days later!). They don't help with rebooking. Gate agent said "go to your app and check "support"). Had to purchase a last minute ticket with a connection and finally got home at 2.30 am. They say they will refund half the fare and cover us for expenses up to $500 per passenger but it will take 28 days. I submitted the form and receipt for my new ticket and received acknowledgement via email. I may consider them in the future if they get their act together.
RouteWest Palm Beach to Norfolk
Date FlownOctober 2022

"forced to buy a last minute flight on another airline"

Trip Verified | Don't Fly this airline, unless you have free days on your hands. I booked a flight for my wife from Nashville to Tulsa, and decided to try out Breeze Airways. Everything looked good until last night. While I was checking email, I found one from Breeze, that said "sorry, we canceled your flight tomorrow due to crew availability. We booked you on the same flight for the next day". The message said we could get a hotel room and it would be reimbursed, or refund the flight or contact us from a link on the web site. Then I go to the website, and find the only communication is through facebook messenger, twitter or email. I try facebook and get a message that says...we are busy, it will be several hours before we get to you. This is at 9.30 pm. So, no way to talk to a real person, no help from their "guest empowerment team" that is supposed to offer rebooking options. Found out later, they don't rebook on other airlines. So, we were forced to buy a last minute flight on another airline. No compensation, no help, no customer service. If you book on Breeze, its like throwing dice, maybe you fly, probably you dont. We wont be trying them again.
RouteNashville to Tulsa

"very disappointing experience"

Trip Verified | Awful experience. First time flyer on Breeze. Took a week off to visit my grandmother in West Palm Beach. They canceled the flight moments after we were supposed to board. The only option was to buy a ticket from another airline, which was now way too expensive last minute. Their next scheduled departure date was the day I was supposed to go back home. Horrible, very disappointing experience that made my grandmother cry. I'll never fly them again.
RouteNorfolk to West Palm Beach

"Horrible experience"

(Norway)

Not Verified | Horrible experience. Made us wait all day, then not cancelling but “delaying” our flight 25 hours. No compensation. Now we’ve waited two hours to get our bags. No information at all.
RouteOrlando to Charleston
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Never again will I book a flight with Breeze"

Not Verified | Had my first Breeze flight booked from Hartford to Norfolk. Received a text 12 hours before my flight was scheduled to depart that my flight was cancelled due to "unforeseen circumstances." Now I am scrambling to rebook because I must be in Norfolk on Friday. Never again will I book a flight with Breeze. They lost a customer before they ever had a customer.
RouteHartford to Norfolk
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Worst airline experience I've ever had"

Trip Verified | Worst airline experience I've ever had. Reimbursement communication I was given by airport Breeze representatives was false! Our flight turned back around mid-air with a mechanical issue. We were told a new plane would be arriving later in the day. Eight hours after our flight was scheduled to leave, we were told flight crew on the substitute plane had timed out and the flight would leave the following day. Passengers were told to save receipts because we would be reimbursed for meals at the airport up to $20. This was not honored. I was also told by airport Breeze representatives that rebooking on another airline up to $200 would be reimbursed. This was also not honored. To make matters worse, they don't even have a customer service line for you to speak with someone in person. I've had bad travel experiences in the past, but I've never experienced being lied to by an airline. I spent at least three times more in the airport and finding a substitute ticket than what my ticket cost with Breeze.
RouteNew Orleans, LA to Richmond, VA
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"My experience was great"

Trip Verified | I almost didn't book this ticket when looking over the reviews on this site for this airline. It's a good thing I took a critical eye to a lot of the reviews. I'm not saying that their reviews are wrong, but they don't paint the whole picture. I fly regularly for work and I spend roughly 30k a year on travel. I am flexible about airlines. When I fly Spirit Airlines, I don't complain that they don't give me water. I carry my own water bottle. I tend to heavy prefer nonstop flights and a particular route that I have to fly at least 4 times a year, SFO-RIC, didn't have a direct route until Breeze came along. I usually book a direct flight from SFO-IAD for about $500 and then pay a rental car to drive the two hours south so that I don't have to connect through CLT, which has never been on time. Enter Breeze with a sale that allowed me to book a first class ticket for half the cost on just the ticket and I took the chance. It was great. The airplane was new. The flight attendants were courteous. My experience was great. Is everyone's? Probably not. Breeze is a new airline and I imagine a lot of their flights might get shuffled around. I see a common theme from the reviews are connections that don't have direct flights otherwise. Well, it seems that's the type of market Breeze is trying to do business in. It's a business. I can see how it's a gamble. Sometimes flights don't fill up and things don't work out. It's possible that this review may not stand the test of time, but I for now, I had an amazing experience. My seat reclined super far and I could not have had better sleep in a newer plane. I plan to urge my travel partners to add Breeze into their systems ASAP so I can book easier for work.
AircraftA220-300
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteRichmond to San Francisco
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"the bathrooms are broken"

Trip Verified | I don't mind a delay but a delay that the bathrooms are broken and can be fixed in a quick 2-3 minutes by changing a breaker then turned into an hour on the plane and still flying with no bathrooms like what?
RouteWestchester to Charleston
Date FlownAugust 2022

"I will definitely fly with them again"

Trip Verified | I have to give a great review based on what I paid for this flight. Breeze was the only airline that offered a one way flight from Charleston to Orlando, at an extremely reasonable price. I didn’t pay for my seat, I didn’t check a bag. It was a 46 minute flight, amazing. You don’t have to crawl over a bunch of people if you need to use the lavatory. If you’re willing to pay for extra leg room, have at it. I didn’t. My seat was a little tight but again, I was only in the air for 46 minutes. They offer drinks, snacks, and even alcohol for purchase (on a 46 minute flight!) I had a great experience. They don’t have wifi but they do have a website to connect to for you to watch free movies or tv shows they provide, which was great. There some air pockets we endured on the way down which gave me some anxiety but the pilot did a smooth and wonderful landing. I will definitely fly with them again. PS they also have a cool (never seen one before) tiny table above your snack table on the seat in front of you that holds your phone or small tablet while you enjoy the free movie or TV!
RouteCharleston, SC to Orlando, FL