Avianca

"now it is just a disaster"

Trip Verified | I used to like Avianca now it is just a disaster, the service is horrible, the attendants are rude and seems to be against the traveler, even they now don't offer anything like water and snacks the sell everything but they dont even have a complete menu to offer.
RouteBogota to Miami
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"3 hours delay. No food"

Trip Verified | This was the worst experience ever. 3 hours delay. No food. No drinks. No blanket. It takes one hour to start to se the luggage come out. No explanations. No nothing and the staff just chilling all the flight .
RouteGuayaquil to New York
Date FlownDecember 2022

"This is a terrible airline"

(Ecuador)

Trip Verified | Use Avianca fly from Quito to Buenos Aires and then return. The quality of seats are extremely poor for a 5-6 hours flights, in both flights our seats could not push back for sleeping and they said it is because it is in front of emergency exit row (not sure why but at least this should be mentioned when they are selling the seat), we paid for a seat which could not be pushed back down. The flight was 5-6 hours and they didn't offer anything to drink/eat, instead they were selling low quality food/drinks in the plane. That was a shame for a $900+ and 6 hours long ticket they don't offer absolutely nothing to eat/drink. This is a terrible airline, while few years before I had good experience travelling with Avianca. Will not use this airline anymore.
RouteQuito to Buenos Aires
Date FlownDecember 2022

"unpleasant and uncomfortable experience"

Trip Verified | We flew Avianca from Washington DC to Sao Paulo, Brazil. We purchased the seats. On our way back, we learned at Sao Paulo airport that our seats are no longer available and sold to someone else. We needed seats with extra leg room due to medical condition. Two different Avianca staff offered two different reasons why the seats were no longer available to us (one staff said we may not have paid, even upon showing him the receipts with our seat numbers, he said he can not see that in the system), with a bit of rude attitude. The other staffer told us that its a different plane and seat selection were no longer valid. Communication in English was a challenge as the Avianca staff at Sao Paulo and Bogota do not seem to speak much of English. Our tickets mentioned in-flight meal as "snacks", but we actually had to buy snacks even water during the flight. Overall, quite an unpleasant and uncomfortable experience. We will never fly with Avianca again.
RouteWashington to Sao Paulo via Bogota
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Will never fly this airline again"

Not Verified | Will never fly this airline again! Waited 5 hours at the airport, gate ready, deported plane once, reported - now sitting again one hour in the plane and waiting for new pilot. We got here and now they needed a new stewardess! They didn’t know this 2 hours ago? Very disorganized! no leg room, no in plane entertainment, seats don’t recline
RouteMedellin to Miami

"Incredibly bad airline"

Not Verified | Do not fly if alternatives are there. My travel companion was asked to pay $105 for cabin baggage within the specified limits. Also, he had to pay for the Boarding Pass. $15.00. This was on a Business Class. The seats were very worn and used. They gave us a bottle of water and a sandwich. No operating AV equipment nor was the seat charger working. This is unacceptable. On the way back, the check in people tried to charge us again. Incredibly bad airline and customer service.
RouteMiami to San José
Date FlownAugust 2022

"only $92.15 was refunded"

Trip Verified | I tried to change my flight from Guatemala to Sacramento and they canceled my flight, when the total cost of the flight was $461.00 in total. I tried to make the change and waited for some sort of email confirmation and even called them and spoke to customer support and they said the request was still under review and there was nothing I could do or from them, after I talked to them on the phone I waited a couple of days and decided to call back to find out the status of my request, and they told me that my flight was canceled and the refund had already been provided. I told them that I had already tried to find out about the application and if they had told me that the flight was going to be canceled and that it was going to lose almost all the value, I would have left the flight as it is. But they didn't care about my explanation and hung up. My credit card was charged $461 and only $92.15 was refunded. $368.85 that was what they stole from me, I'm going to contact my credit card to see if they can get my money back but I don't think they can. The online service is operating solely and exclusively for them with all the advantages and coldness of the case.
RouteGuatemla to San Francisco
Date FlownDecember 2022

"truly sad how bad this airline has become"

(Colombia)

Trip Verified | They actually tried charging me for changing my seat from 3C to 3D. Even when I said this has to be a system error, they answered that it’s the new rules and if I wanted to change seats I would have a charge. It’s truly sad how bad this airline has become (in all aspects). It’s a shame there is not many other airline options. Any somewhat good airline would be better to the options we find in Colombia lately. (Always travel with other airlines internationally because of how bad local ones have become).
RouteCartagena to Bogota
Date FlownDecember 2022

"turned into a very bad airline"

Trip Verified | The was an agent at the boarding gate very rude to me. The flight was delay over an hour without any explanations from Avianca. The new seats are extremely uncomfortable, and they did not offer even a glass of water in a six-hour flight. It was impossible to sleep due to the hard seats. On arrival it took a very long time for the luggage to be deliver. I do not recommend this airline on this route or any other route longer than 3 hours. Avianca has turned into a very bad airline.
AircraftA320Neo
RouteToronto to Bogota
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Do not fly this airline!"

Trip Verified | The check in agent made a mistake in copying the number of the passport of my son, it took her 1.5 hrs until she called someone who told her you are missing a number. By the time she could do the check in she said "you can go without your bag the flight is closed". We ask her for solutions and she said leave your luggage. The airline has terrible customer service, no one helps you. Do not fly this airline!
RouteBogota to Puerto Rico