Avianca

"most unreliable airline"

(Argentina)

Trip Verified | Río de Janeiro to Quito via Lima. Have to say, probably the most unreliable airline in the industry. Every time I book with Avianca something ridiculous happens turning a simple flight into a significant emotional event that last days. They just can’t get their stuff together and do the basics. The staff tend to be equally uninformed and tell customers anything to move them along but their info is usually incorrect. Really, I been fooled a few times because they seemed to have better timings than LATAM on some routes, but of what use is the schedule when they couldn’t keep the timings if their lives depended on it. Another important trip blown by Avianca’s incompetence - total disappointment and unreliable.
RouteRío de Janeiro to Quito via Lima
Date FlownOctober 2019

"everything moved along efficiently"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | The baby bus A319 was indeed a small plane, but everything moved along efficiently. We boarded on time, were airborne on time and arrived at the destination ahead of schedule. Decent legroom, nothing to rave nor complain about, but more importantly the boarding process was seamless and so was the disembarking process. Baggage arrived with zero issues. Worthwhile noting that tickets were expensive though - US$375 per person for a one-way ticket. Breakfast was a tiny sandwich with juice, certainly a long way from satisfying hunger pangs but still better than having nothing at all. Despite all the negative reviews here, it's one of the only options from La Paz to Lima since it was one of the only two airlines flying this route, apparently, hence just cross your fingers and hope for the best. Do not be afraid after reading all the negativity here. Not all is bad.
RouteLa Paz to Lima
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Really bad service"

Trip Verified | Bogota to Pereira with Avianca. Seat 1c, no air con for over 45mins. We took off 1.15hrs late. No snacks, drinks weren't offer to me. Staff just spoke to their mates on the place. Really bad service.
RouteBogota to Pereira
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"have nothing to complain about"

Trip Verified | Bogotá, Colombia to Santa Marta, Colombia. I have nothing to complain about. The flights cost less than half the cost of what comparable flights would cost in the U.S., and the plane and seating seemed pretty standard for coach service. I didn't get a choice of seat with the fare I chose, but I was happy I got a window seat both ways. I'd fly Avianca again without hesitation.
RouteBogotá, Colombia to Santa Marta, Colombia

"so-called business class"

Trip Verified | Bogota to San Andres Isla. The only way that I can describe our "business class" or so-called "Clase ejecutiva" experience is what a joke. It is truly unbelievable that an airline like Avianca when there are so many options and competitors on the market treat customers like that. They robbed us in the most stone-faced way. Their business class is nothing more than the first 3 rows of seats being separated by a curtain from the coach class with exactly the same seat 3x3. No In-flight entertainment, no WI-FI, no reading material besides the safety card and I believe, in the longest flight this airline has within Colombia (1:40 min +taxi ), one cup of coffee or soda (not even the whole can) was offered. At my request of another drink or food even to buy, the flight attendant "politely" denied my request and simply told us nothing was available. I wonder why my wife and I along with one more passenger were the only ones on that "exclusive" side of the plane. They definitely got us and looking at the extremely low quantity of people flying on that cabin, it looks that already other people learned their lesson and sprayed the word among others not to pay that step up in price for absolutely nothing in return. Shame on you Avianca. I used to be so proud of flying in your planes back in the day but looking at how low have you become a cheap airline, I am going to make sure myself, family and friends will look elsewhere for our future flight needs.
RouteBogota to San Andres Isla
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"nice for domestic short-haul"

Trip Verified | Short-haul flight, good service. Only problem a short delay for take-off caused by ground traffic. Overall nice for a domestic short-haul flight. Will choose it again.
RouteBogota to Medellin
Date FlownAugust 2019

"do not fly with this airline"

Trip Verified | I took a flight from Buenos Aires to Miami with a lay over in Lima. I had never been mistreated this way, the on board personal are very rude. You are not getting anything for free your paying full market fare. Please take my advice and do not fly with this airline.
RouteBuenos Aires to Lima
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"they are having problems"

(Colombia)

Trip Verified | Bogota to Munich. This is the worst airline service I have taken in all my life. Most of the flights are delayed for hours on end for no apparent reason, customer service offer no help, are often rude to customers, and the service at the airport is very unfriendly. I have taken about 10 Avianca flights this year, nationally and internationally, and I have had problems with 8 of them. Apparently there is shortage of planes by the airline and they are having problems worldwide, but they are solving the problems by affecting the customers. Today they decided to inform me that my flight, leaving later tonight from Bogota to Munich, would be 4 hours delayed, with no reason given. This has affected all my travel arrangements and costed me a lot of money to fix.
RouteBogota to Munich
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"a great flight experience"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Bogota. We had a great flight experience. Boarded on time. Departed on time. Comfortable seats with full lay down. Extremely friendly, good service. Very nice amenity kit. Flight was AV 89. Definitely would fly them again.
RouteLos Angeles to Bogota
Date FlownAugust 2019

"the crew was very kind and friendly"

(Colombia)

Not Verified | My flight was from Bogotá to Madrid in business class with Avianca. I was the last one to board, but the crew was very kind and friendly. My seat was slightly broken in the bottom and there was a paper in it when I boarded the airplane. Also, the crew offered me chocolate ice cream for dessert but sadly, later they said they had run out of it. In pite of that, I asked to watch the sunrise and they took me to a place just behind the control cabin to watch it in a window that seemed specially designed for that.
RouteBogotá to Madrid