American Airlines

American Airlines customer review

Flew Las Vegas - JFK 28 Jan 2014. If it wasn't for our crew the flight would've been miserable all the crew smiled from boarding to landing I was expecting the opposite the Flight attendant looking after us in the front was excellent he was always in the cabin offering drinks and so on only complaint is the seats and IFE after coming off a Virgin America first class flight they are way beyond AA's seats. The food was below par way below par that I couldn't eat it where as I could eat almost anything.
Seat TypeFirst Class

(Hong Kong)

LAX-NRT Economy cabin B777-200. Have to say one of my worst experiences in a very long time. Were told before boarding the IFE was broken so expect no TV for the next 12 hrs. Boarded an old plane with dirty cabins. Blanket and candy wrappers in my/ my wife's seat pockets. To my right on the other side of the aisle there was a lady with an empty seat next to her. She wanted to fold up the armrest so she could sleep across but the armrest would not stay up which was later solved by flight attendants using masking tape. My reading light was broken. American Airlines truly lived up to what US airlines are famous for - grumpy flight attendants shouting at foreign passengers who merely wanted to find out more about the food they were being served. And while on food absolutely horrible and I am sure anyone on that flight would have described it as such. Same chicken and rice dish for both meals but called different names. Same sauce same meat but one with carrots and onions. Not asking for Michelin- starred gourmet meals but this was just miles apart from coach class catering at other airlines I have flown with for example Cathay or Japan Airlines. If they can do it why can't American. Flight attendants delivering service chewing gum. Signs they were getting a tad too relaxed about their work environment. I am a frequent traveller and do not often (in fact my first time) post reviews but I really think flight deserves American's attention.

American Airlines customer review

LAX to LHR AA 136 27th Jan. New AA Business Class. Lounge very relaxing and bar served a variety of drinks. Nibbles were ok and more substantial food was available for a fee. Once on board this is the new lie flat AA product and feels more like a first class seat than business. Flight staff were very attentive and the service on the 9 hour overnight flight was great. Amazing food great entertainment on a large screen and the seat is great for working and sleeping too. A decent pillow and fleece blanket are provided. THe walk up bar with snacks during the flight was great as were the massive toilets in which you can change into more comfy wear for sleeping pj's are not provided. Bose headphones made for cinema sound and the amenity kit was of a good quality too. Food servings being on an American carrier are generous. All in all an excellent product and this does give Emirates and Etihad a run for their money as one of the best in the sky - well worth a try.

American Airlines customer review

Originally meant to flu YUL-LGA/JFK-CDG on Dec 24th 2013 and CDG-JFK-YUL on Jan 5th 2014 but a lot of changes occurred! Our JFK-CDG was cancelled due to weather in Paris. Flight from YUL-LGA was finally cancelled at the gate they rescheduled us on Air Canada to BOS (CRJ50) then British Airways to LHR. AA agents were ok and all speck fluent French. On the BOS-LHR flight (B747-400) they put us in premium economy seating was good but meal disgusting. Arrived at LHR around 4.50am we had our CDG flight scheduled at 3pm but British Airways found places for us on an earlier flight (A320). Our return wasn't cancelled as we entered the plane a B757-200 wifi- equipped we and 10 other passengers were told to go back to the gate. Given vouchers 800USD each Hyatt hotel and complimentary meals. The next morning staff helped us find the best flight. CDG-MIA-YUL. The 10 hours long CDG-MIA flight was on an outdated B767-300 but was really clean. Food was better than BA but still not as AF or Egyptair. No individual TV of course but good seat. I was able to sleep. The rest of the trip MIA-YUL was on an B737-800. Normal flight free beverages and everything else we needed to pay for. Great staff. I would fly them again.

American Airlines customer review

AA47 LHR-ORD in Business - maybe 70% full on Saturday lunchtime. 777-200 with 2-3-2 business class. Attentive crew a mixture of experienced and new who showed a real pride in the service they offered. Good concise communication from the flight deck. Food OK wine reasonable (although does show cost cutting vs 4 years ago when I last flew this route). Cabin showing a little wear and tear but generally OK and serviceable. IFE showing its age but again perfectly OK for an 8 hour stretch. Half the price of BA (although BA were in gouging mode because the flight was booked within 2 weeks of departure). On time departure 10 minutes early arrival. A decent product when delivered by a crew who care as was the case this time.

(Brazil)

Have flown AA F GRU-MIA-GRU several times. It is true that AA has pyjamas in First and better linen but still: cabin is always a bit dirty food is pathetic for first class with $8 wines and cheap whisky. Service has improved a bit they try but far from being a real F experience. On arrival especially at GRU priority tags are just part of your luggage decor: I have lost count of how many times I had to wait much more than coach passengers for my bags. The TAM product is far better and as they join Oneworld soon goodbye AA.
Seat TypeFirst Class

American Airlines customer review

JFK to Heathrow. The flight was needlessly delayed by 3hrs at first not because of any weather or anything but just because it was not "ready" yet and then after we were boarded it was again delayed by 2 hrs. After we landed in Heathrow people who missed flights were not given any sort of lodging etc. This is totally unexpected from an international airline which is considered first rate. I write this comment to let people know what they can expect if they plan on a long flight with AA.

American Airlines customer review

LHR-ORD AA 91 14th January - a good comfortable flight and the food was reasonable. Excellent flight attendants very friendly and helpful. DFW-LHR AA78 - Business - 20th January. Although the business cabin was full the seat was very comfortable and the service impeccable. Very friendly FA's. This was my 3rd multi sector trip from London with AA and every time I have found the whole experience to far exceed my expectations.

American Airlines customer review

Traveled from Barcelona to NY flight # 67 and paid $89 for what we believed were extra legroom seats. Seats were cramped boarded last no space in any nearby bins for hand luggage plane was ancient didn't even have individual air controls. AA states we booked 'preferred seats' which merely allowed us to choose our seats for $89!

American Airlines customer review

I have flown MIA-JFK on an old B767-300. Flight was full. Seat very old but comfortable and pitch was ok. Entertainment only through overhead screens. I was shocked that this aircraft had the new hatrack design only for premium cabins Economy cabin still had the 90's hatrack design which a) looks very old and b) does not have enough room for everyone. Only non-alcoholic drink service for this 2hr flight. Staff very unprofessional. There seems to be an inconsistency in their uniform. One female flight attendant was wearing - what seemed to be her personal apron that featured dozens of US flags next to each other. After landing in JFK we had to hold at a remote stand before our gate was available. As usual passengesr were standing up and retrieving their bags from the overhead bins despite the captain making an announcement to remain seated. No flight attendant took any action only a Captain in American Airlines uniform travelling as a passenger made assertive requests for everyone to remain seated to which everyone then complied. Also saw a male flight attendant making a call on his mobile phone during taxiing to the gate. Very unprofessional!