American Airlines

"We had a great flight"

Trip Verified | We had a great flight. I just wanted to give a shout out to Rlsa and Dana. We were in flight 319 from Dallas, Texas to Punta Cana on April 3, 2021. They were terrific. Very welcoming and made our trip so comfortable and enjoyable. I so hope we get them on the way back home on April 10, 2021. We have always had nice flights with American but they went out of their way and always had a smile on their face.
RoutePunta Cana to Dallas
Date FlownApril 2021

"I will never use this airline again!"

Not Verified | I booked a flight for my son, grandson and myself to fly back home so my son and baby grandson could see their grandma before she died. Our flight was delayed coming into DFW, and the 3 of us plus 9 or so others missed our connecting flight. All flights out after this was standby. No flights out, and we had to stay until the next morning. They put us up in a hotel and made the next morning flight. But, it was too late by that time. She died that morning before we could get home. When talking to American Airlines rep, he said the ones that missed their flight were not important enough to hold the flight. That the people on that flight had connecting flights to meet. I will never use this airline again! My son didn't get to say goodbye to his grandmother. And we made it clear how important it was for us to get home.
RouteCalifornia to Dallas Fort Worth via Springfield
Date FlownMarch 2021

"The customer service is the worst I have ever seen"

Not Verified | When American Airlines changed flight numbers, they totally screwed up our ability to check in online. We have called them many many times, all four of us each. The customer service is the worst I have ever seen. When they call back, they have not worked with us, they even pretended like they could not hear us. This company is disgraceful and their SVP of customer service needs to be fired immediately. I would never recommend this airline to anybody.
RouteDenver to Mexico City via Dallas
Date FlownApril 2021

"This inconvenience has been extremely costly"

Trip Verified | Delayed causing me to miss a critical connection flight and completely disrupted travel plans and greatly increased my expenses and duration of the trip. This inconvenience has been extremely costly.
RouteTulsa to Dallas
Date FlownApril 2021

"the worst airline I have ever flown"

Trip Verified | American Airlines, where do I start? Always a delay. Delay in baggage. Had to wait literally an hour for baggage. Delay in flight. Always 'another aircraft blocking'. Probably the worst airline I have ever flown.
RouteChicago to Washington
Date FlownApril 2021

"The plane was packed like sardines."

Not Verified | The plane was packed like sardines. No social distancing from the moment I walked in the terminal. When I got off the plane in Charlotte the area was so packed with people we couldn't get through to exit plane. They don't even give you water on the plane, no internet or TV on the plane.
RouteNew York to Charlotte
Date FlownApril 2021

"suggest not flying with them"

Trip Verified | I suggest all travel RN's avoid using American Airlines. Each time I book with them, there seems to be a problem with their service. This trip I spent $500 plus $30 for my bag. We were delayed in McAllen due to an air traffic controller in Dallas testing positive for covid 19. I missed my connecting flight in Dallas and had to spend the night in the airport with other passengers with the same story. They refused us a hotel voucher and did nothing more than reschedule flights for the following day. So American Airlines will take your money but does not have your back. Would suggest not flying with them.
RouteMcAllen to Grand Rapids via Dallas Fort Worth

"Do not fly with them"

Not Verified | Do not fly American Airlines unless you are willing to have your flight changed. I booked a flight months in advance on a flight that only had one layover with less than two hours in between. I did this on purpose so as not to expose myself for long to crowds of people during this pandemic. American changed my flight weeks before I was to fly to having a 6 HOUR layover before my next flight! When I contacted the airline the only solution they could provide me was a double layover in multiple airports to "break up" the time of my flight. So instead of one stop with a six hour layover I would have two layovers with several hours before each flight took off. This was there way of "helping" to compensate me for their changes. What they did was change the size of plane I would be flying on. That was the whole reason for the extended layover. Do not fly with them. If you do be prepared to have your flight changed, or delayed. Nothing else was even offered to me for the changes. No upgrades. Not even access to the Lounges. This is not customer service. Now my day went from an 8 hour day of flying to a 15 hour day of flying.
RouteNorth Carolina to Montana via Dallas

"Do not fly American"

Not Verified | Prior to booking this first class ticket I confirmed with American there were dedicated flight attendants for the few seats in First Class and they were strictly monitoring and enforcing mask wearing. On my flight, the passenger next to me, kept taking his mask off. The flight attendant knew him and kept stopping to chat with him and also served him 8 huge glasses of Chardonnay, despite the fact he was visibly intoxicated. She even opened a fresh bottle at his request as we were landing. When I asked the flight attendant to enforce the mask policy she first told me she did not notice he wasn't wearing a mask, which is so lacking in credibility as she stopped at least 20 times to chat with him. When I confronted her on this she laughed in my face. I sent a complaint to American today and received a form email back reciting the law and how seriously American takes it. Do not fly American. They do not care about their passengers and do not enforce their own policies or the law.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteAruba to Charlotte, NC

"Zero customer service"

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever. I'll never fly with them again. They had mechanical issues leaving Denver to AZ that delayed the flight. Then on the flight back to Denver they had mechanical issues again. This time they needed everyone to disembark the aircraft. The employees are very rude. Zero customer service.
RouteDenver to Phoenix