American Airlines

American Airlines customer review

CDG-ORD-BWI operated on a Boeing 767-300 and an Embraer 145. I have Gold status on AA so I was able to obtain a Main Cabin Extra seat on the first flight free of charge and an exit-row seat on the second flight. The ground experience at CDG was okay and they were pretty well organized. The first flight took off on-time although we had to board by bus (something that probably irritates every passenger). Cabin crew were okay and there was no IFE which I knew to expect even though practically every other carrier has it by now. The connection at ORD was amazingly painless and security was a breeze. The Eagle flight was delayed due to a late inbound aircraft but we landed a mere 30 minutes behind schedule and my checked bag was waiting for me on the carousel just 10 minutes or so after landing. All in all fairly satisfied.

American Airlines customer review

Tampa to Chicago O'Hare on 28 April. Check-in was fast but very unfriendly. Cabin crew were unfriendly and uninterested. Plane was cramped and service was almost non-existent. Only thing offered was soft-drinks. No hot drinks snacks or food available which is pretty poor for a what's scheduled as a 3 hour flight. No entertainment on offer the flight got me from A to B but that's about it. I've had better service on Ryanair. Not a great addition to the Oneworld Alliance.

American Airlines customer review

I am currently sitting at LAX airport and having the worst experience I had with an airline. I arrived in LA this morning by Qantas from Perth-Sydney and upon going through the "Express Connection" I was informed by one of the ground crew members that I would be required to take my luggage and check-in inside the terminal. When I arrived in the terminal I was sent by American Airlines employees to 3 different places to try to drop-in my baggage. When I finally arrived in the last spot (45 min prior to flight schedule time) I was informed that I wouldn't be able to check-in my bags nor take them in the cabin despite having had checked-in on-line prior to going to the airport. She them put my wife and me in "stand-by" list for a flight 2 hours later and checked our bags-in. I was placed in second in the list at that moment (again according to the front desk lady because I am a "One World Sapphire Member" and would be put in front of other people in similar situations. In the half hour preceding the boarding time our name had escalated to 6th and 7th on the list. I tried to (very politely) speak with the lady at the boarding desk 3 times but she in each time she rudely answered "Stand-by I will be with you in a second!" In the end she suggested that one of us should take a remaining seat and the other wait for the next flight. We decided to do that as the next flight seat wouldn't be warrant as well. Everything was dealt in a rush/unplanned manner showing AA have no control to handle such situations. Now I am here hoping to not get bumped again or get stuck in LA for the night after 16 hrs flying from Australia then meet my wife at my destination and go to the hotel to have a rest. This was my first flight with AA and certainly the last one.

American Airlines customer review

MEX-DFW-YUL Business Class. We were lucky enough to get a discounted fare so that Business Class was a bit cheaper than the economy class fares available. On the MEX-DFW leg plane was an old and a bit worn out MD80. Good flight with a really kind and helpful flight assistant who spoke a perfect Spanish. I don't fly AA often but I must admit that I've always found nice and smiling staff both in business and economy class. Good to know that if you have an international connection via DFW you no longer need to retrieve and recheck your baggage to your final destination. We went through immigration very fast and headed for the Admiral's Club which is really disappointing: no snacks except for cookies only 1 alcoholic drink per person unfriendly staff. On the bright side wifi was good and the view on the tarmac was excellent. The DFW-YUL leg was on a newer 737 and it was an uneventful flight with a good lunch but a very poor selection of drinks. Nice staff.

American Airlines customer review

I flew from San Francisco to Heathrow on April 26th and found the airline crew working in economy to be both unfriendly and unprofessional. The most senior of the crew had an abrupt manner I noticed on more than one occasion her behaviour towards passengers who accidentally happened to get in her way in the galley area there was no politeness shown in terms of politely asking them to move but eye rolling and heavy sighing. My pillow happened to fall into aisle without my knowledge and I was reprimanded by this senior crew member for allowing this to happen! The crew whilst serving beverages/food would not engage in any conversation or pleasantries with passengers instead they would look right through you if you smiled at them they would not smile back when I exited the economy area on leaving the plane a couple of the crew stood near the exit area and there was again no pleasantries or smiles just silence. Only on leaving the plane did a friendly crew member who I believe had been working in First Class or Business Class speak to me and said 'thanks for flying with us have a good day'. I have flown with many airlines and I have to say that my return flight home with AA was the worst experience I have ever known and because of this I will not be flying with AA again. AA show a video to their passengers before a flight which promotes the technology investments they have made in relation to improving the customer experience. I would recommend to AA that they focus more attention and investment into the training of their crew to provide a better service to their customers.

(Venezuela)

Flew MIA-BCN business class. I am a long user of AA but always inside the US or from Venezuela to US. This is the first time I took AA to Europe usually when going to Spain I use Iberia. I had very low expectations but must say I was impressed. This flight was on the o767 the cabin in business is the "old business class" with seats that do not lie flat but I must say that it was comfortable enough to take a 4 hour sleep. Amenities kit nice and pretty. No private screen but a Samsung tablet was provided not a huge a mount of options but it was more than Ok. The biggest surprise? Food was excellent and in amounts that I have never seen before in other Business class. Plenty of bubbly. Service extraordinary FA's smiling and helpful.

American Airlines customer review

AA flight 1612 from Phoenix to Dallas/Fort Worth was great. Plane was only 1 year old flight servers were fantastic and funny excellent beverage service and communication from captain to passengers polite timely and sincere. Really liked the comfort of the plane extra leg room soft comfortable seats and inscreen TV monitor.

American Airlines customer review

Flew DFW to FRA on 777. Crew was very helpful. Nice entertainment. Good food! This is one of the best airlines in the US.

American Airlines customer review

LGA-PBI April 19th 2014 was overall great. Flight was on time and we even landed early. The crew of flight attendants and pilots were nothing great flight attendants didn't give much personal attention to the passengers it seemed. We were seated in Main Cabin Extra in the front row (8A8B8C). Main Cabin Extra is supposed to have 6 inches of extra legroom since we were seated in the front with the bulkhead in front of us which is really just a wall for those of you who don't know it did not feel like we had 6 inches of legroom and it felt very cramped through the whole area. If you are about to pay extra money for main cabin extra avoid the first rows which is row 8. I'm not sure about 8D 8E 8F but I assume it's the same. Also the tray tables are considerably smaller because they are stowed in the arm rest. But they are kind of cool to an airline enthusiast like myself because it feels like a first class seat. We did not have to pay for Main Cabin Extra because my family had Gold member free Main Cabin Extra so for us it didn't matter but if you have to pay for MCE I would sit any row behind 8. All in all great flight and I love American they will always be my #1 airline to fly and I would still recommend flying them just not in row 8 MCE.

American Airlines customer review

My recent trip with American Airlines has made me become a United loyalist. I have sworn to myself to never fly American again. The horror started at the check-in at JFK. You'd think if there was a merger between American and US Airways that passengers could check in anywhere. No the quite literally 60 open and manned desks were for US Airways passengers only while the AA passengers had to get in line somewhere off to the side where there were two people working. On the plane a stewardess was sitting on the jump seat in the exit row and could not stop talking to a passenger in a very loud voice. Returning from LA the check-in procedure was hands down the most inefficient system I've seen in my life. Once boarded we had a plane from I don't know when but practically no one's baggage fit in the overhead compartment everyone had to check their bags and the whole thing delayed us by about thirty minutes. The stewardess must have elbowed me in the head at least a dozen times and woke me up once to ask if I'd like to drink something. No thank I was fine just sleeping. Never flying American again.