American Airlines

"Very unprofessional service"

Trip Verified | Very unprofessional service by both on the pre-flight personnel and flight attendants. On board staff was more concerned about gossiping amongst each other than serving the customers. I will not be flying American Airlines in the future.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteLaGuardia to Tucson via Dallas
Date FlownJuly 2020

"had a positive experience"

Trip Verified | I flew on two Eagle flights today and had a positive experience. You see: courtesy is not so difficult. And none of your stewardesses had chips on their shoulders looking to pick a fight. Just incredible. But why do you list even to-day that you are serving beverages on your flights when you're not? That's services not provided. I spent $7 at the airport to buy two coca colas when you can serve them onboard for 20¢ - that is discourteous.
AircraftCRJ
RouteAlbuquerque to Phoenix
Date FlownJuly 2020

"limit of liability for stolen items"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Tampa. The main reason for this review is the fact that items were taken from my luggage on 07/01. A complaint was filed within 3 hours of landing. I was contacted by Melanie from the baggage resolution office 2 days later. She stated that American Airlines has a limit of liability for stolen items. Claims need to be reported within 24 hours and customer relations didn't receive the complaint until 07/03. Really? So American Airlines didn't check their email until two days later and choose to ignore the claim. Will never fly with them again! Good luck when your personal belongings are stolen.
RoutePhiladelphia to Tampa
Date FlownJuly 2020

"We were crammed together like sardines"

Not Verified | We had to take a very short notice journey down to AZ as my mother was passing away, and purchased flights (two) on Delta to get there, then our return was with American to get home 11 days later. The Delta flights (both) had attendants offering us antiseptic wipes to further wipe down our seat, tray table, etc, and American offered nothing. Also, Delta did a great job of selling only about 50% of the plane capacity to keep people safe during this pandemic, but American, as we were shocked to see, had sold every last seat on this flight! We were crammed together like sardines, with no regard to personal safety during this dangerous time, and especially leaving Phoenix Airport, which is one of the three major cities in the U.S. with fastest increase in new cases of Covid-19. This was done, very likely, due to nothing more than corporate greed to sell more seats. We feel that American Airlines has little regard for personal health and safety of their passengers. We're done with AA!
RoutePhoenix, AZ to Portland, OR
Date FlownJune 2020

"I felt very unsafe and anxious"

Trip Verified | I was horrified to see that little to no social distancing practices were being followed. American claims that they enforce a policy where customers are required to wear masks throughout their flight. The woman next to me was not wearing a mask throughout the duration of the flight. She was not eating or drinking, and was otherwise capable of wearing one. The flight attendant walked by multiple times and even had a conversation with the woman, but from what I could hear never told her to wear her mask. There were several other people in the rows around me not wearing masks either. I found this ironic because American kept announcing that they had a mask policy before we got on the flight. There were many people who were also wearing masks around their chins or in other improper fashions. My flight was also very close to full capacity. I know that other airlines are at least skipping seats between customers to try and stick to CDC recommendations, but almost everyone was shoulder to shoulder with someone else. I felt very unsafe and anxious during the whole flight, especially because I was in such close proximity to those people not wearing masks. I will not be flying American again.
RouteBuffalo to Philadelphia
Date FlownJune 2020

"A true travel nightmare"

Trip Verified | Stranded my family in Dallas after mechanical troubles leaving JAX. Had to spend the night. Then had more mechanical troubles on new flight leaving next day for MIA to SDF. Was going to be stranded in MIA. Got off flight and was rebooked on non-stop to SDF only to have that airplane have mechanical troubles and grounded. Switched to new plane that was delayed leaving for DFW. Had no AA employee at the gate to field questions, so everyone in the dark. Then, they bumped my wife from the flight, assigned her to another one, but left my two kids on the original flight and refused to keep my family together. A true travel nightmare. AA exhibits a level of incompetence that I've never seen in 20 years of traveling for business.
RouteJacksonville, to Louisville,
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Middle seats were not empty"

Not Verified | San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale. Amidst a pandemic, the flight was full. Middle seats were not empty. Despite the airline saying that they are “going to start” filling up the whole plane, this already has been happening.
RouteSan Francisco to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownJune 2020

"absolutely zero social distancing"

Trip Verified | Phoenix to Minneapolis. Will never fly American Airlines again. I called a few times before booking to make sure they do social distancing and I was told yes and not to worry. I booked my flight to only find out that the flight is completely full and absolutely zero social distancing. I complained so they gave me a different seat that’s supposedly had an empty middle seat next to again another lie the row was full. I don’t understand why not just tell me the truth so I wouldn’t book with them. I felt so unsafe and uncomfortable the entire time. Absolutely ridiculous and will never fly with them again. And customer service sucked zero help and rude as hell.
RoutePhoenix to Minneapolis
Date FlownJune 2020

"there was zero social distancing"

Trip Verified | I was surprised that there was zero social distancing. The flight was fully booked both ways. They also broke the extendable handle on my suitcase and didn't offer to asses the damage or start a claim when I showed them. On both ends, I was told to bring the empty suitcase back to file a claim. I just got off the phone with them and was told I had to bring it in within 24 hours and I cannot go back today. So not only did I pay 60 dollars to check my suitcase for this trip, I have to buy new luggage and may have been exposed to Covid -19. Never again will I fly American!
RoutePensacola to Dallas Ft Worth
Date FlownJune 2020

"Very disappointed with American Airlines"

Trip Verified | Very disappointed with American Airlines. Drove 10 hrs from San Francisco to catch a flight that was 2.5 hrs delayed and then 5 hrs delayed! Firstly they told that it was a traffic control and promised there will be no further delay. Then it turned out that they couldn’t find a crew for 3 am flight that’s why they postponed it till 7 am! At least make up your mind what to tell customers! American Airlines employee said to call customer service for assistance. After spending 2 hrs on hold at 3 am in the morning the lady said there’s nothing she can help me with and hang up on me! How about training you staff properly? Or it’s too much to ask?
RouteLos Angeles to Philadelphia