Alaska Airlines

"So many people missed the flight"

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Edmonton via Seattle. Figure out your logistics. Having a plane land 10 minutes after boarding call on the next connecting flight is the stupidest thing I’ve ever witnessed during a flight. I had to run as fast as I could to go three terminals over in Seattle to make it. So many people missed the flight that the weight distribution had to be recalculated and signed off prior to taking off. If enough time was given for these patrons to make the flight, we would have been less delayed. Also, I booked a one-way flight but ended up on one with a transfer. It was communicated that my flight would land in Edmonton at 9:40 which ended up being the time to board the next flight. All in all, this was the worst experience I’ve had flying considering other delays I’ve had to deal with had valid reasoning for them. I sifted through one of the magazines during the wait and noticed an article on military working for the armed forces and Alaskan at the same time. I’m hoping they’re volunteering or supplementing their livable wage and that Alaskan is paying them enough. You would need to pay a premium to deal with the angry customers having terrible experiences on the services offered.
RouteLos Angeles to Edmonton via Seattle
Date FlownNovember 2019

"ashamed of this airline"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to San Francisco. Alaska delayed our flight 6.5 hours, and then we did not get on the plane till the next day but they did not accommodate for anything. A simple meal ticket that was not alcoholic for 12 dollars. 12 dollars for my 7 hours of time, plus my Uber home since we got home at 1:30 am. Really ashamed of this airline.
RouteLas Vegas to San Francisco
Date FlownNovember 2019

"a 30 minutes take off delay"

Trip Verified | We have used Alaska Airlines for most of our flights to destinations in the Western United States over the last several years. While convenient that Alaska flies non stop to many destinations in this area this comes often at a steep price. We have had a problem with almost every other flight. We have experienced two cancellations for flights from Burbank to Portland in two consecutive years. Needless to say that this is maximally inconvenient. Today there was a 30 minutes take off delay and while I am writing this Review the plane has landed but can’t get to the gate since the gate is occupied by another aircraft - one has to wonder what organizational skill set allows for this kind of nonsense. We still use Alaska but i try to prepare myself for maximum inconvenience with each trip.
RoutePortland to San Francisco
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Terrible experience and staff"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to San Diego. Terrible experience and staff. Our flight was delayed several times because they didn’t have a crew to fly. I have OAB and needed to use the bathroom while waiting forever to take off, and they denied me that. I don’t know what for because we waited around for another 20 minutes before even beginning to move. Also my seat wears grungy and wouldn’t recline. I’ve had a better experience flying with Spirit.
RouteSan Francisco to San Diego
Date FlownOctober 2019

"flights are just consistently bad"

Trip Verified | Phoenix to Portland. Hard seats, feels like climbing into an amusement ride. Speaker next to my head must have been about 90 decibels, so I had to plug my ears any time the staff was talking. The windows line up between the seats and you can’t see out. Typical for my flights with Alaska, there is some kind of delay and we are sitting on the tarmac for a long time. Then worsened because no one is available to open the door. The flights are just consistently bad.
RoutePhoenix to Portland
Date FlownOctober 2019

"would not let us on the flight"

Trip Verified | We were flying Dallas to San Francisco for our 5 year anniversary and when we got to the airport the TSA lines were abnormally long. We managed to get threw and arrived at our gate 5 min before our departure time, but they still would not let us on the flight. The worst part is that our airplane sat at the gate for another thirty minutes before they finally backed away while almost ten passengers sat inside looking out the window. Meanwhile the gate next to us held the flight an extra 5 min after the flight time for passengers that were in line. The flight attendants were very rude about the situation and not at all empathetic. we were told that they had no other available flights for the entire day and we would have to reschedule. We will definitely not be flying Alaska again. They clearly don’t have any consideration for their passengers if they will close a plane early knowing that there are that many checked in customers standing in line because of uncontrollable circumstances. At least wait until the flight time.
RouteDallas to San Francisco

"most unprofessional group"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Spokane via Seattle. Thank you for hiring the most unprofessional group of people I have ever had to deal with. Flight attendants could’ve cared less about the passenger's needs when a delay and bussing passengers to the gates, in the rain was announced. My inquiry was followed by a stern “go look at the board when you get there” Really?! I am on crutches with a broken foot and you can’t do your job and answer my question? I would like to say, end of story but that was only the beginning of my nightmares with Alaska! Long story short, I was lied to, refused by your transporter to take me to my connecting flight, insinuated to be a liar by a Customer Service Rep when I attempted to explain why I was standing in front of her and not on the plane, that quite frankly, none of us are really sure was even at the airport to load into at all, only to have my boarding pass thrown at me and told she wasn’t dealing with me anymore when I calmly asked if she was calling me a liar when I told her transport refused to take me to connection. A manager told us all (about 100-150) it is what it is, Alaska isn’t at fault so you can sleep in the airport for 2-13hrs. Yes, I finally got them to get me a room after much discussion and someone videoing him telling me I could sleep at the airport with my crutches and a broken foot. Because of your crew, I have lost an entire day to help my family in the midst of a family emergency. And been penalized by my car rental agency because I wasn’t on time picking up! Way to take care of your passengers! Because of this, I now know which airline not to fly and will be sure all of my associates and friends know the same!
RouteFort Lauderdale to Spokane via Seattle
Date FlownOctober 2019

"cancellation the price of the ticket"

Trip Verified | San Diego to San Jose. I booked a flight for a wedding that has since then been cancelled. It was very frustrating to discover that the cancellation fee is the price of the ticket. What makes it worse is they wont deduct the fee from the money I already paid for the ticket. I have to pay for it out of pocket and then hold a credit to fly with them again. I support having cancellation fees but they should be proportionate to the ticket amount and it should be deducted from the money that has already been paid. This policy is not customer focused and frankly enraging. They would not consider doing a one time waiver. I hope I am never in a situation where I have to fly with them again.
RouteSan Diego to San Jose

"Worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Reno to Seattle. Worst experience ever that I’ve had with flying. I’m On a multi trip destination and this is my second trip with them. They literally have no idea what’s going on. Never have I have been questioned if I’m “ok” to fly. The younger flight attendant was rude and not friendly at all. She yells at me to get back to my assigned seat when I got up to get my jacket in the overhead bin. Now we have been waiting for over 45 mins after landing when my layover plane leaves in 12 mins but they won’t let us off the plane because they don’t have a spot for us. How do you let this happen?
RouteReno to Seattle
Date FlownOctober 2019

"bag didn't make it on the plane"

Trip Verified | On my recent flight to SFO from IAD, my bag never made it on the plane so I had to pay a large out of pocket fee to deliver the late bag to my final destination. The bag didn't make it on the plane because the representative at the ticket counter at IAD received my bag telling me "you're good to go sir" when in fact it was too late for my bag to be checked onto the flight. I was misinformed by the Alaska employee at the ticket counter and she made a mistake. This is totally forgivable, if its fixed, but Alaska failed to do this. I repeatedly called customer service, and even resorted to emailing senior executives at the company - even they couldn't get a resolution! I consistently encountered an "its not my problem" attitude at Alaska, which was really unfortunate. Customer services is a critical piece when choosing an airline to be committed to in the long term - take my experience into consideration.
RouteWashington to San Francisco