Alaska Airlines

"I would never intrust Alaskan Airlines with the safety of my family again"

Trip Verified | We boarded a plane home from Costa Rica. When getting in our seats my husband pulled down his mask to communicate to our children where to sit. The flight attendant immediately told my husband to put his mask on, which my husband did. My husband explained he was trying to help our children. The flight attendant then told us we were going to be a problem. This made us uneasy. Right after this another flight attendant started yelling at another passenger about their mask and threatened to extradite the man. At this point I had the worst feeling about the flight. We settled into the flight. My children were doing great and were behaving the best they had on any flight. My son's mask was a little loose. I had given him the 32 degree masks from Costco and they slip. The flight attendant reminded my son to pull up his mask, which he did. Not too long after the flight attendant came to me and told me he had reminded us a lot to put up our masks. My husband told him it had only been two times. The steward began to argue with my husband. I told the steward a firm thank you and he left. At this point I didn't dare rest my eyes. I kept checking my children's masks. My oldest sons mask did slip down again but I would hurry and make sure he had it up. Not once did we ever refuse to wear our masks. Not once were we unruly or trying to be a problem on the flight. We were in the last row of the plane right next to the flight attendant cabin. We could hear them talking bad about the passengers and how awful they were. They seemed really worked up. I then heard the steward say they might have law enforcement waiting for someone at the end of the flight. I heard another female flight attendant say, " I didn't ask for that to happen." He responded, "Well it's done!" In the back of my mind I was thinking is he talking about us? I quieted my fears and thought it must be the man they had threatened to extradite. By the conversations I was picking up in the back from the flight attendants it seemed like this particular flight attendant really enjoyed the power and was excited to watch seeing someone get kicked off. It was like he could use it at his next gathering of flight attendants where they could tell the crazy stories of what had happened to them. Not okay at the expense of a family just trying to get home with as little problems as possible. Well luckily it wasn't law enforcement, but it was Alaska Airlines employees who handed us a letter that said our connecting flight had been canceled and we are now banned from flying with Alaska Airlines. We tried to tell them that we had tried to comply and that it had been exaggerated, but they wouldn't even let us talk. So here we are a young family of 5, stranded in LA. The same day flights were all $1000 for each family member. We rode a bus to Enterprise who was all out of one way cars. Luckily, there was an amazing employee there. We told him what happened. He got us a van even though he knew he might get in trouble. Honestly, it healed my heart to see someone care after we were treated so badly. We then drove home and arrived safely the next day. All is well that ends well, except I thought this should be shared. I would never intrust Alaskan Airlines with the safety of my family again.
RouteLiberia, Costa Rica to Salt Lake City via Los Angeles
Date FlownOctober 2021

"it was a fantastic flight"

Trip Verified | We just flew on flight number 2071 Alaska airlines and wanted to say it was a fantastic flight. I want to give special props to the flight attendant Ralph who really made that flight pleasant. He made everyone smile and feel at ease about the flight and his personality really shined. Thank you Ralph it was a great way to start our day.
RoutePortland to Salt Lake City
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Disappointing airline"

Not Verified | Disappointing airline. I’m MVP Gold. Constantly attempt to redeem all my complementary upgrade codes only to be continually told “there are no available seats for upgrade.” Need to wait until the end of the year and find a new airline to commit to.
RouteSeattle to Baltimore
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"be the last time I fly with Alaska"

Not Verified | I take this flight because it’s the only direct flight from OKC to SEA. Recently my husband left for boot camp and I bought tickets back in July for November since they’re cheaper then. Called today to ask to change my husbands name to mine so our 6 year old is not flying alone and they said we will refund a portion of his and you can rebuy your ticket; but you’re tickets will not be together. So my daughter will possibly fly alone? This will be the last time I fly with Alaska and we will be using other airlines to go back to see family from now on.
RouteSeattle to Oklahoma City
Date FlownJuly 2021

"they stuff me in a middle seat "

Trip Verified | Every time I fly with Alaska Airlines they stuff me in a middle seat between large, rude people, who give me no space, trigger severe anxiety attacks, and make my flights uncomfortable. This time, I followed a friend's advice, and asked about changing seats or upgrading, and was refused. Covid is still real, quit stuffing people in these planes like sardines, or you are just contributing to the spread of the virus.
RouteSeattle to Denver
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Treatment of customers has gone way down"

Not Verified | Treatment of customers has gone way down. If you want to pay a high price to be treated like a hostage go ahead and book with Alaska Airlines. Stewardesses are just shy of blatantly rude and customer service at the gate couldn't be bothered to ask a question. Her rolling eyes and sarcasm spoke volumes about her career satisfaction. I will not fly with this airline again.
RouteAnchorage to Nashville via Seattle
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Alaska seems to have lost a little quality"

Trip Verified | Alaska seems to have lost a little quality, going from very good/excellent to good/very good. Not a huge slip in quality, but still noticeable when my prior experiences flying on Alaska have been excellent. The check-in agents in Houston were grumpy and discourteous, not only did not exchange pleasantries with passengers, they just weren't pleasant. On the flight from Houston Bush to Seattle-Tacoma, the jet was dirty and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a couple of days. I say it was the second or third dirtiest jet I've ever flown on. The catering in Houston had dropped the ball on some meals that passengers had ordered, including mine, but the crew offered for me to have another available meal that cost the same, which I accepted - and which was tasty. The crew were polite, focused and professional, but not very friendly. Just robotic. They weren't rude, but they seemed kind of intense, which is something I didn't expect from Alaska. I also purchased in-flight WiFi, which turned out to be slow, it didn't stream the videos I wanted and didn't let me even go a simple Google search. I'm still not happy about that. Now, the flight from Seattle-Tacoma to Portland was better, quicker boarding, much nicer and cleaner plane, much more cheerful and appreciative flight attendants. So, for now, I will continue to fly them when I can and be a Mileage Plus member for the foreseeable future, but Alaska may sadly have lost a slight bit of its way during a pandemic which has required them to reduce service and cut costs otherwise, and it's really a shame. Even so, as of now, I'd still rather fly with Alaska than American, Southwest, or any US budget carrier.
RouteHouston to Portland via Seattle
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"The staff were so rude and condescending"

Not Verified | Will never take Alaska Airlines again, ever! The staff were so rude and condescending to one poor lady who seemed confused about her seating arrangement! I was warned prior to booking my flight not to take Alaska Airlines due to many issues with them but had miles to use and they had the better rate. Never again! In this day and age, when cost is vital, I will gladly pay any amount extra to avoid using Alaska Airlines. Due to their treatment of others I have also informed my employer to never book me flights using Alaska Airlines in the future.
RouteDetroit to Fort Myers
Date FlownAugust 2021

"staff were very rude and belligerent to those around them"

Not Verified | I was met with the worst customer service I’ve ever encountered. I do not recommend anyone fly this airline. You’d be better off driving. The staff were very rude and belligerent to those around them. The airline also will make it known how political they are and will attack you if you do not agree with them. I thought flying on an airline was supposed to be pleasant? Not this one.
RouteAlaska to California
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"worst experience I’ve ever had"

Trip Verified | The customer service lady was a nightmare. I’m disabled and have certified service dog. I had made arrangements for assistance (wheelchair door to plane) before flight. When I went to get my ticket the clerk was rude and disrespectful. She refused to assist me and wasn’t going to let my service dog on the plane with me. She wouldn’t even let me talk or explain anything to me. My trip started with my flight from Houston Texas to Los Angeles California on United. All my flights have always been on United (great experience each time). Somewhere along the way my return flight was changed (American Airlines bought my ticket). I excepted the change, after all I need to get home. That’s why I contacted Alaska Airlines in advance to setup assistance and my service dog information. It was the worst experience I’ve ever had. I had to walk from Alaska to American and then catch shuttle to broad my flight. At which time a fight broke out over the company gave away a guys seat. I can’t wait to get home and never fly any American Airline owned plane again. Best of luck to those who do. I thank God for helping me get home safe.
RouteLos Angeles to Houston