Alaska Airlines

Alaska Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | Seattle to Oakland, Checking weather reports before our Alaska Horizon Flight 2258 departed SeaTac, we knew we would be arriving into Oakland the same time as a rainstorm with high winds. Heartfelt thanks to the pilot and copilot for landing the plane as winds buffetted the approach. Good job pilots.
RouteSeattle to Oakland

"awful traveling experience"

Trip Verified | Maui to Seattle. In the three seats directly behind me, there were 3 children and their mom. One child was young enough to ride on his mom's lap instead of being belted into a seat. When we are all cautioned to stay buckled up because of turbulence, a child is sitting on his mom's lap and the attendants tell her to tightly hang on to him? That seems really ineffective. The child not assigned to a seat was behind me on the floor, opening and closing the tray over and over and pushing against my seat. When he was forced to sit on his mom's lap, he screamed a high pitch scream continuously. My question is: why aren't families with young children assigned to the first row so they do not sit directly behind someone? I was not unsympathetic to the mom. She was doing her best. But it was a really awful traveling experience. I did ask an attendant if there was another seat in the cabin and there wasn't.
RouteMaui to Seattle
Date FlownJanuary 2019

""saver fares are an absolute joke"

Not Verified | I am disappointed and frustrated with Alaska Airlines. Their "saver" fares are an absolute joke. I booked my flight less that 48 hours ago and found out the wrong day had been booked for a flight in mid-February. I called right away about changing the flight only to find out that there was absolutely nothing that could be done. There is no credit available, it is non-refundable and non-changeable after 24 hours. Their "saver" flights are supposed be cheap flights but in the end cost me almost double because of their restrictive policy. Stay away from their "saver" flights... Not worth it!
RouteKelowna to San Francisco
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"put off of our flight home"

Trip Verified | My Emotional Support dogs and I were put off of our flight home this evening because I warned the flight attendant that my dog would cry once I zipped the carrier. Neither of my dogs made a peep during the whole fiasco. The flight attendant called the supervisor to come "tell me the rules". I have 100% legal documentation for both dogs, which was provided to Alaska Airlines when we flew out to Seattle, when they let both of my dogs fly as Emotional Support Animals. After being put off the plane, the Customer Service Agent told me to falsify documentation so that both dogs could fly. I found this to be stellar information provided to a travel nurse who was merely trying to go back home. The worst part, as if the whole situation isn't bad enough, is that my grown daughter was flying with me, and was holding one of the dogs which I paid the $100 pet in cabin fee for. Good thing tomorrow is Monday and I can go have a doctor falsify those records for me so the dogs and I can go home. It actually pains me that Alaska Airlines is forcing me to be unethical just so I can get back home.
RouteSeattle to Kansas City
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"overall very good flight"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | New York to San Francisco. Very nice and same business class - 8 seat total. Seat layout is 2X2 with elective seat with massage and full functions and personal TV screen. service was very good and professional, food was ok, free Wifi works well and overall very good flight!
RouteNew York to San Francisco

"professionalism, caring attitudes"

Trip Verified | I recently retired and began my 5 year voyage around the world by starting off on flight 895 from San Diego to Honolulu. However, my travels are, and will be very complicated, because my small companion dog will be accompanying me. Three locations on my trip have strict quarantine requirements beginning with Hawaii. Alaska Airlines is currently the only airline that accommodates a "pet in cabin" to the 50th state from the mainland. (The other airlines serving Hawaii, including Alaska Airlines, allow "certified" support animals - for which there were two on my flight. While my beloved dog is like a child to me, I could not in all honesty, use this option.) From the initial reservations call to book my pet in cabin reservation, to the arrival in Honolulu, Alaska Airlines has been wonderful, making my trip as easy as possible. Airport personnel in San Diego and Honolulu, as well as the inflight crew, have my utmost appreciation for their professionalism, caring attitudes, and quality of services. Until this recent trip, it's been quite a while since flew with Alaska Airlines as my past recent travels were nearly all transcontinental. But they will definitely have my future business whenever I need to fly on a route that they serve. Thank you Alaska Airlines
RouteSan Diego to Honolulu
Date FlownDecember 2018

"have to pay a fee for internet"

Not Verified | Denver to Seattle. I find it to be absurd that in 2018, you pay for First Class seating and still have to pay a fee for internet usage. Really? First class on Alaska Air, where drinks are free, but there's still an additional fee for the internet. So incredibly lame.
RouteDenver to Seattle

"worst customer service"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to New York. Even though I’m an Alaska elite member, these past few weeks I experienced the worst customer service ever. It made me miss Southwest (and that’s saying something). Two weeks ago my flight was delayed 3 hours, which Alaska didn’t inform us about until after we arrived at the airport. No worries (I thought) Alaska will compensate me. I had to contact them multiple times and all they have ever offered was a $100 voucher. My flight today is delayed over 1.5 hours. I call (mainly to inquire about my other delayed flight) and ask if there’s any upgrade options. The customer service rep abruptly told me “we don’t compensate anything unless you’re at least 2 hours delayed.” Needless to say, I miss the old Alaska. I miss the old Virgin America. This new company is destined to lose its many loyal elite customers.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSan Francisco to New York
Date FlownDecember 2018

"it was an outstanding service"

Trip Verified | This was my first time flying with Alaska Airlines and I must say that it was an outstanding service. From checkin to inflight, it was amazing. The star though goes to the check in agent in Vegas. She was super friendly and extremely professional. I would fly Alaska Airlines again. The only downfall was that WiFi was not working but it was a short flight and there was also an obnoxious passenger talking loudly. However that’s not the fault of the airline.
RouteLas Vegas to Los Angeles
Date FlownDecember 2018

"not had the appropriate supplies"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to San Francisco. The plane did not have head sets for sale or for handout. This is not the first time that an Alaska flight has not had the appropriate supplies for my flight experience. I get the feeling that there is a disconnect between the supply teams and the flights. Someone is not taking the appropriate inventory of what is needed per flight. This should never be an issue. Especially not for a passenger flying in first class. On a positive note, one of your flight crew let me borrow his phone charger to charge my phone while I was on the flight. Also, I noticed that there was major wear and tear on the plane in the front seat wall that needs to be taken care of. It is not acceptable of a first class isle. I really enjoyed Virgin America before Alaska bought them out. I just hope the quality of Virgin America isn’t lost because Alaska Airlines doesn’t make the little things a priority anymore.
RouteLas Vegas to San Francisco