Alaska Airlines

"Not a great airline at all"

Trip Verified | Terrible attitude from the lady at 11am at gate D6. Plane was uncomfortable and the flight attendants did the bare minimum and could use some classes in being better to people. No entertainment, no snacks. Tiny bathrooms. Not a great airline at all.
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"flight attendants did the bare minimum"

Not Verified | Terrible attitude from the lady at 11am at gate D6. Plane was uncomfortable and the flight attendants did the bare minimum and could use some classes in being better to people. No entertainment, no snacks. Tiny bathrooms. Not a great airline at all.
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"Terrible and so disappointed"

Trip Verified | Flight was delayed, they tried to move our seats even though we paid to sit together. Told the woman at the D6 gate at 11AM and she tells me to calm down and saying “whatever” under her breath. Nastiest woman in the airport. The flight attendants on board are the same way. They treat their customers like garbage and delay flights. Never again will I fly with this company. Worst experience and unprofessional staff . Terrible and so disappointed. There was no reason to treat people who pay money to fly with you like that.
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"last time I will fly with Alaska Airlines"

Not Verified | Arrived at PDX 2 hours prior to departure, booking in took over 1 hour. The person who booked us in was nice and apologised for the delay, I had an extra case I wished to pay for the confusion and stupidity of the process was ridiculous. When trying to pay the excessive cost my credit card was not accepted so my daughter who was with me and lives in Portland tried to pay with hers neither of hers where excepted. The person try to fix issue spoke to her supervise who was rude and useless. She had the audacity to query whether we had enough money to which my daughter was very insulted. My daughter was then told to go to a machine enter money get a card to pay this also did not work. Then the assistance asked us to wait while she went to more senior person who organised payment with daughters card. Then finally finishing the paper work I was asked was I an Australian citizen even though born here and have and Australian passport. Then I had to quickly say goodbye to my daughter and go to gate. This was my 10th trip to Portland and every time issues when booking in with Alaska another time book assistance took my passport went to back with it which I did not like and was told by customs Australia never to let passport leave my sight. It is the last time I will fly with Alaska Airlines due to this experience. I was told I would receive some compensation for the stuff up or my daughter would as she gave her email address when asked. I will be sending this email to qantas to as part of star alliance with Alaska.
RoutePortland to Los Angeles
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"6 days and counting to get bag delivered"

Not Verified | On a direct flight cannot get the bags for the customers on the flight given 2 hours to get it through TSA security. Then, upon getting the bag delivered 12 hours later, takes 6 days and counting, to get a bag delivered to the customer who lives 2 hours away from the destination.
RouteSeattle to Houston
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"never fly Alaska Airlines again"

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever, terrible attitude when checking in at JFK even when I am flying first class. The staff made herself a piece of work. Will never fly Alaska Airlines again.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteNew York to Fairbanks via Seattle
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"so uncomfortable and sad"

Trip Verified | Let me start this rant by saying I fly a lot, usually with Delta, but occasionally with AA if they have a quicker route, then transfer to Alaska airline for the last leg of my trip into Nome (Delta doesn’t fly there). I’ve NEVER had any complaints about a flight crew - ever. Instead, I’m the person watching out for the flight crew - completely in awe of the long shifts they work and the kindness they show to each of us. Always grateful for all they do. Like everyone else, often bewildered by the general rudeness of some of the public towards the staff. That was NOT my experience today 1/5/23. Alaska airline flight had a quicker route that sent me through Portland to Anchorage, so I chose it. Because of the amount of miles I fly, I typically get upgraded to first class (even if I don’t purchase). Today, there was no first class seats for purchase, so I ended up sitting in business class, exactly one row behind first class. I was completely fine with that. Again, no complaints. The reason for the rant. I had a horrible experience today. My Alaska airline flight 197 was delayed approx. 1 - 1.5 hours. The flight was originally a late night flight anyway, so this just made things a bit worse, but completely understandable. Things happen. The flight crew can’t control when the plane arrival/departure. However, 3 hours into my delayed flight, while everyone was sound asleep, absolutely no movement at all throughout the plane, complete graveyard silence, I got up to use the restroom and walked to the closest one (literally 5 rows in front of me) in first class. A beautiful blonde flight attendant walked up to me and told me to turn around and go to the restroom in the back. Again, no one was up in the aisles or in line for either restroom. Everyone was asleep. It absolutely floored me - really embarrassed me as the gentleman sitting next to me overheard it and rolled his eyes as I had to turn around. I see people from business class use first class restrooms all the time. I’ve never been offended. I’ve never seen anyone rerouted to the back. Anyway, I went to the back restroom and asked the two flight attendants working the back if there was a policy or some rule that I was unaware of. Minutes later - the two attendants in the back - rushed to the front to ”tell on me”. Then for a absolutely NO reason, they proceeded to make an announcement over the intercom to everyone - instructing non first class people to use the back restroom - mind you - NO one except me was had been or was up moving around. My concern, do they commonly bully people that are not in first class? Do they make a point to try and embarrass customers? The announcement was petty and team bullying. For the first time, I understand why people speak up and confront flight attendants for treating them poorly. I get it. They have you in a position of submission while your traveling. It’s so uncomfortable and sad. I suppose the lesson for me - always fly Delta, but more importantly, be mindful of how people who don’t have the means to fly first class are being treated as they may not be the “rude” passengers I once thought that they were to flight staff.
RoutePortland to Nome via Anchorage
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"She had the most positive attitude"

Trip Verified | A woman named Shawna at Alaska Airlines LAX helped me out and let me tell you, I travel every other week so ALOT and I’ve never met a more kind and helpful employee at an airport before. She had the most positive attitude I’ve ever seen and that’s why I wanted to write this review. I offered her a tip and she denied. Protect this woman at all costs.
RouteLos Angeles to Cancun

"dropped the ball badly"

Not Verified | I have flown with this airline multiple times and have never had the issues that I had this week. It was pathetic. Right off the bat they lost my girlfriends luggage. They made good and had it delivered the following day. That's when the cancellation kicked in. So they cancelled my flight out and informed me they were working on a new reservation. That was 3 days ago. I had to work today after Christmas. I have not heard a word from anyone. It was an 8 hour hold time on the phone and there were over 1,000 people waiting in line at SeaTac Airport just for cancellations. I ended up having to book a flight out of Idaho with another airline. What baffles me is there were other airlines flying out of the same airport at the same time. This was not weather issues this was scheduling and staffing. They dropped the ball badly and cost a lot of people a lot of money.
Date FlownDecember 2022

"worst airline I've ever experienced"

Not Verified | The absolute worst airline I've ever flown with first our flight leaving Cleveland left an hour late for the pilot not showing up, then as we were about to land and go to our connecting flight they cancelled. We then waited 6 hours on Seattle airport to reschedule. My 4 year had to sleep on the cold floor no water or food and drink places open at that hour. A news crews even talked to us after seeing him shivering sleeping on the floor. The airline then rescheduled us for the following night and that flight is now delayed 3 hours and climbing from having no crew. Very unreliable worst airline I've ever experienced. I will never fly or recommend this airline to anyone ever again almost 3,000 people stranded in Seattle solely for this airline due to their own fault on Christmas day!
RouteCleveland to Seattle via Sacramento