Alaska Airlines

"horrible in every way"

Trip Verified | Newark to Seattle. I used to think United was the worst airline as far as customer service, efficiency and overall experience but after this trip, I now think Alaska is the worst. Our experience has been horrible in every way. Flight and boarding gate crew have been slow, rude and unhelpful. Our flight gate has changed both on our arrival flight and departure. Our departure flight was delayed but not for weather or even maintenance - just overall inefficiency. On our departure flight, they were out of several of the food and beverage options. I plan to cancel my mileage credit card and avoid this airline in future.
RouteNewark to Seattle
Date FlownOctober 2018

"I do not recommend the airline"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to New York. I paid as much money as anybody else, however my seat at the very back of the plane was not reclining on an overnight flight. The little comfort I could have had was not given to me. The stewardess told me there is nothing she can do. I do not recommend the airline.
RouteSan Francisco to New York

"a second class citizen"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Ft Lauderdale. If you have never heard of the saying "second class citizen" then fly this airline. If you are not in First class then you are a second class citizen. I would have purchased a first class ticket but there were none available. This plane only had 12 first class seats. TV did not work for most of the 5.5 Hr flight. Have to pay for internet.
RouteLos Angeles to Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownOctober 2018

"I was bumped to a 9pm flight"

Not Verified | Medford to Seattle. I made a reservation few weeks ago to leave Medford at 9:30 am to get at 11 am into Seattle which is a decent time to get Seattle. Got an email 2 days prior departure telling me that I was bumped to a 9 pm flight arriving at 10:30 pm Time to get luggage it will be 11 pm and getting a UBer I am looking at midnight in Seattle. Tried to change flight for next day but only flight available are 5:20 am meaning I have to be at airport at 4:20 am. Decided to keep my flight at 9:00 pm which now is Delayed to at least 9:30 pm or more I am in limbo.
AircraftQ400
RouteMedford to Seattle
Date FlownOctober 2018

"what real customer service looks like"

Trip Verified | Portland to Los Angeles. I accidentally booked my flight for the day before I wanted to leave for my trip. I didn't realize until I got to the airport and went to check in. Luckily, an attendant at the counter was there to help! She calmly clicked away on her keyboard and within a few seconds, told me she had switched me to the flight for that day! This is what real customer service looks like!
RoutePortland to Los Angeles

"dismal and unprofessional"

Trip Verified | Truly dismal and unprofessional event. At gate 5.30am for advertised 5.55am boarding and 6.35am departure. Delayed, first by 15 minutes, then a further 15 minutes. Helpful gate agent took time to explain a/c had suffered bird strike on last leg of previous evening, but crew hadn't reported it. Morning crew had observed bird debris on walkaround, and needed a licenced engineer to inspect and sign off as airworthy. He was due before 7. He didn't show. Boarding changed to 7.30am. That came and went. No there was no Alaska engineer available so a 3rd party was coming. He arrived but wasn't licensed for the E175! Promises of 8am departure came and went. Several discussions were had with gate staff who promised the flight wouldn't be cancelled. At 8.20, after all my alternatives had departed, the flight was cancelled. Yes, the refund was set up instantly, but my careful prepared business meeting got burned, all down to a total lack of responsibility and process by the previous evening's crew. Anyone except Alaska next time, which is a shame. In all my years of travel, this is my first 1 rating, and that's for processing the refund.
AircraftEmbraer 175
RouteSan Jose to Burbank

"Excellent first class"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Los Angeles. Excellent first class seats on this A320. Only two rows of first class but the seats are wonderful for U.S. domestic First. The Alaska Airlines staff were wonderful and the overall experience could not have been topped. All of the seat functions worked and the plane is very comfortable.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteLas Vegas to Los Angeles

"pretty good experience"

Trip Verified | Overall a pretty good experience. I was able to change seating with a simple phone call just after booking. The plane left on time. The flight crew seemed well trained. It seems to be a discount airline and they charge for check in bags and any food. But the price was good and I was not expecting a lot.
RouteSan Diego to Kahului

"steward was very rude"

Not Verified | Seattle to Reno. The flight itself was smooth. The steward was very rude. They wouldn't serve soda, even though the cart was full. They said the flight was too short to serve drinks, but served water, juice and you could buy alcohol. That makes zero sense that the flight was too short to serve drinks, (soda only), but they served drinks. That being said, my flight home, which was the same distance, served drinks including soda. Still scratching my head on that one. Anyhow, we were shortly going to start the descend into Seattle so I started to get up to use the bathroom and the FA very rudely told me to sit back down, I could not use the bathroom. It was another 10 minutes from the time he told me I couldn't use the bathroom until the fasten seat belt sign came on. Then he came by and got in my face and again, rudely told me to put my seat back up. I didn't even realize my seat was back because the person behind me kept pulling my seat and apparently it reclined it and I didn't notice it. He could have politely asked me. I was never rude to him although maybe I should have been. Even the people around me kept saying "what is this guys problem". I have never been on a flight with such horrible behavior from a steward. My flight home was great until I retrieved my luggage. My zippers were ripped off my bag and someone had gone through my bag. I thought if TSA searches your bag, they have to put a note in your bag that they have done so. I have had this happen before; there was no note that TSA searched my bag so if this is protocol, then Alaska should be keeping an eye on their employees. I feel very violated. It's probably a good thing I didn't have anything worth stealing in there.
RouteSeattle to Reno
Date FlownAugust 2018

"very friendly and welcoming"

Trip Verified | I had such a great experience with Alaska Airlines. We missed our flight by only 5 minutes and they were super accommodating and understanding and were able to get me on the next flight out to Seattle, WA from San Diego within the next two hours. They were very friendly and welcoming. Will definitely be booking with them again.
RouteSan Diego to Seattle