Alaska Airlines

"really appreciate the Alaska crew"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Anchorage via Juneau. Our connection flight at Juneau, AK was canceled due to mechanical problem, therefore we missed our Cruise boarding at Anchorage, AK. The crew at Juneau international Airport was so courtesy and kind enough to deal with the cruise line so we could board the ship at its next calling port. And they also arranged a flight from Juneau, AK, local accommodation and food. Their service was supervisor, especially after we were literally 'dumped' by Delta Air, because it started when Delta failed to make proper arrangements when the originated flight delayed 4 hours, and we missed the connection flight at Salt Lake City, we had to purchase our own tickets for the remaining trip to Anchorage, AK to catch our Cruise. I really appreciate the Alaska crew at the Juneau Airport for helping.
RouteSeattle to Anchorage via Juneau
Date FlownAugust 2019

"they lacked the professionalism"

Trip Verified | 1 hour and 20 minute flight from San Francisco to Las Vegas in First Class. I was expecting a service akin to British Airways Club Europe or Lufthansa Business Class. In fact the only service offered was drinks and a snack which consisted of a chocolate bar! Crew were polite, but as is typical of crew from the US, they lacked the professionalism, refinement and finesse of crews from elsewhere in the world.
RouteSan Francisco to Las Vegas
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"aren't what they used to be"

Trip Verified | San Jose to San Diego. They aren't what they used to be. Early morning flight delayed 2 hours. No email, text or notification by app was given. First explanation was that pilots needed to have a mandatory 2 hr break from their list flight, then the explanation was the pilots flew into a different airport and needed to be transported. Our flight attendant said he thought it had to do with the hotel they all stayed at needing to be evacuated the night before. Whatever really happened lies were told regardless. The common courtesy I expect for delayed flights would be to notify passengers of the delay ahead of time, but Alaska didn't seem interested in this. No email, no text, no app updates. I only learned of the 2 hr delay once I got through TSA. The store notification I did receive was that boarding began 30 mins before the notification was sent (received at 0745 that boarding will start at 0715) and new flight time was issued (0755). Wasn't even close to what happened. Only started boarding 10 mins after the original delayed boarding time at 0805. So initially my only issue was the lack of notification when they did give one, it was completely off. Not to mention the series of lies they told to quell the crowd around their desk. Sad to see Alaska go the way of ineptitude, just another Spirit or Frontier.
AircraftA319/A320
RouteSan Jose to San Diego
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"incompetent handling of missing baggage"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Anchorage to Seattle. Completely incompetent handling of missing baggage claim: the missing bag was found 5 days ago but I am still waiting for Alaska to send it to me. The bag is sitting in the Seattle baggage office but despite numerous emails and calls, they appear to be unable or unwilling to send the bag to me - apparently because I live outside of the US and this is just too much trouble for them to deal with. I suggest international travellers think twice before travelling on Alaska.
RouteAnchorage to Seattle
Date FlownAugust 2019

"made lives that much harder"

Trip Verified | Pasco to Maui via Seattle. My son was asked if he wanted to go to Hawaii a few weeks ago. His best friend's parents were taking him to Hawaii as a graduation present from the year before and his girlfriend was going to go with him. She purchased her ticket back in March, and then because of school issues, was not able to go, so they asked my son if he would be willing to pay the $125 change fee and go with to Hawaii. Being a 17 year old, he was in. When she (girlfriend) called back on the 16th of August to make the change, the agent informed her that there is an additional $223 fare change fee on top of that. Being she was an 18-year-old going to college Freshman, she was shocked and paid the fees without consulting anyone. She then contacted my 17-year-old son to let him know about the additional fee. So on top of the $680 ticket, there is now a $125 fee change fee, a $223 fare difference fee, and he didn't know what to do because it was already a done deal. I told them not to worry and I would give customer service a call. I got a lot of run around talk. I heard a lot of "there is nothing we can do"! I asked if this was purely company policy and they said yes. I asked to speak to a manager that had the authority to make changes, and I was put in touch with her. She said, "There is nothing I can do!" I asked her if that was a company policy or the law. She said company policy. I said, then don't tell me there is nothing you can do, tell me there is nothing you are willing to do. I get it that there are people out there that will try and take advantage of a company and manipulate the system. I am wondering, however, why a $960 million dollar company is excited to take advantage of an 18-year-old Freshman going to college, and a 17-year-old senior in high school, why would I ever fly them again? The sad part is, I had a bad experience with them 4 years ago when my daughter was a part of the State Sports Committee and needed to change a flight, they were no different. Gouging teenagers that had valid reasons to change tickets, that Alaska Airlines already owned. It's not like they were out anything, they just needed to change a name. Instead of this person flying, this other person is flying. They tried to make us feel better because apparently we should have been charged (2) $125 change fees plus the airfare difference and they only charged us one. Well, I hope this helped build the shareholder confidence in your company because I will do everything within my power to not fly Alaska and never get your credit card. Thanks for taking advantage of a 17 & 18-year-old innocence. I hope you sleep well at night knowing you just made 2 teenage lives that much harder due to the fact they both had to pay their own way to make this happen. Then their flight ended up being 2 hours late taking off while they sat on the tarmac.
RoutePasco to Maui via Seattle
Date FlownAugust 2019

"premium seats were exactly the same"

Trip Verified | Booked a RT ticket to Vegas from SFO. I upgraded our return trip seats to premium seats that promised 4" more of space for convenience. Our premium seats were exactly the same as the seats we had on the the way over Alaska Airlines flight that were just economy (Main).
RouteLas Vegas to San Francisco
Date FlownJuly 2019

"don’t care about guests comfort"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to New York JFK. Dirty, outDated, no customer service & no perks whatsoever. No back-of-seat screens. They expect you to bring your own screen or rent a tablet from them. Very poor notification system for flight delays and changes. Flight attendants are rude and don’t care about guests comfort, don’t assist customers and act annoyed any time they are spoken to about anything. WiFi and “entertainment” system connectivity is so bad that it may a surprise we’ll not exist. At least I brought a book.
RouteSan Francisco to New York JFK
Date FlownAugust 2019

"they have no regard for customers or service"

NotVerified | Flew from Burbank to Spokane 8/2. Return was supposed to be 8/6 thru Portland. ALL four flights were late. The return flight from Spokane to Burbank via Portland was cancelled and had to fly to LAX then LYFT to Burbank to get my car. Horrible service, really screwed up airline. Never again. Shredding my Alaska credit card. My traveling companion mistakenly booked return a full week later, her fault but Alaska card member. The gate agents said there was room on all flights so would not be a problem, just had to call corporate. Corporate was happy to rebook, $125 plus 17000 miles! She did it, then got screwed on return flight mentioned above. These people have no shame. The entire industry is a debacle treating people worse than cattle. Alaska claims to have a great reputation. In reality they have no regard for customers or service. Good bye Alaska, you should be ashamed.
RouteBurbank to Spokane via Seattle
Date FlownAugust 2019

"flight attendants were amazing"

Trip Verified | We had a flight from Seattle to Phoenix and then back again. On both flights, the flight attendants were amazing. We have a 1 year old who was very fussy coming home and the flight attendant gave us parents chocolate and were so sweet and patient with our crying baby. They came by with different things to entertain and distract him for a bit which really was above and beyond. I will definitely fly with them again. Way to go Alaska!
RouteSeattle to Phoenix
Date FlownJuly 2019

"this is the poorest first class"

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Newark in first class. Unlike other first class i've been, they don't great you personally with any drink offers once you board the flight, there is tiny little water bottle on your seat and that will be it. Food is very basic, sandwich and soup, no salad/snacks/dessert, looks like fast food, but the turkey sandwich is actually taste good. It is an overnight flight for 4-5 hours and i requested for blanket, they don't even have a single blanket on board! No TV screen for first class! You are on your own to get everything. So disappointed, this is the poorest first class I've ever used!
RouteLos Angeles to Newark=