Alaska Airlines

"Buyer beware"

Not Verified | Santa Rosa to Eugene. Leaving 3 hours late and they finally managed to apologize for the delay! They admit to being too understaffed to commit to the schedule they sold tickets for. Buyer beware.
RouteSanta Rosa to Eugene

"Very bad experience"

Trip Verified | I went San Francisco to Seattle return flight. I got mail from Alaska 6 hours before time has been changed 2 hr move forward. my plans everything changed. Very bad experience with flight and return also changed timings every 15 mins, 5:35 PM to 9:05PM. No courtesy to inform passengers.
RouteSan Francisco to Seattle

"Give them a miss"

Trip Verified | Austin to San Francisco. Seats are basic as is the service, I’d hate to see what economy is like. The floor is sticky and everything looks dirty. The food and beverage service is nothing worth mentioning as well. Did I mention no inflight TVs? Give them a miss.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteAustin to San Francisco

"nobody gave a darn"

Trip Verified | We’ve been with American Airlines for over a decade but we had enough, by chance we tried Alaskan. Big mistake, these guys must be the only airline worse than AA. We sat on the ground so long we were sitting on our first flight while our next flight was already boarding and we were to have a 1 hour+ layover. Then we cannot get a terminal because? So we had to pack an entire packed plane onto 1 single bus. Then we have to run nearly 2/3rds of the airport to get to the end of C. Then we finally get on our plane, only because the reader boards are wrong and people are not coming to the correct gate. So now our 8.30 flight to Boise is still sitting on the gate at 9.51. Best part is, nobody gave a darn. Not one employee is in any way apologetic or understanding of how they are ruining our travel.
RouteColumbus to Seattle via Boise

"disappointing and unapologetic"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Oakland. Alaska Airlines has been very basic and unimpressive until today. Today it was just disappointing and unapologetic. Poorly educated employees with no explanation for their bad customer service. I fly 40/50% of the year with top airlines and Alaska is by far one of the most disappointing experiences every time. Moving back my seats 10 to 20 rows at times - not to mention never being friendly or informative. Do not fly Alaska if you want a positive experience. I will go out of my way to avoid this airline moving forward.
RouteSeattle to Oakland
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Flight keeps getting delayed"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Kalispell. So frustrating! Flight keeps getting delayed 10 minute increments at a time. All due to no flight attendants. Seems like they would have a plan / staff to tend to the flights. They’ve been telling us to remain in the flight terminal because we’ll ‘leave shortly’. I’m starving and not much food options around here. Been waiting for over 2 hours now. If you want a reliable airline please avoid Alaska Air. Also every announcement is about another flight delay with Alaska Air!!
RouteSeattle to Kalispell
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"denied access to my flight"

Not Verified | Indianapolis to Spokane. Was denied access to my flight because it was delayed and hour and 15 minutes and didn’t show up till an hour before my flight. Was told they were closed and they weren’t checking bags anymore. She then told me that when my flight is delayed I’m still expected to show up an hour before the time my flight was supposed to be there... so TWO hours before my flight, with two kids under the age of five? If that was their policy they should have texted me that too when they texted me saying my flight was delayed! Missed my flight and therefore missed a very important day of school but I guess it’s my fault for flying Alaska... never again!!!
RouteIndianapolis to Spokane

"Flight delayed 3 times"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Omaha. Very disappointing. Flight delayed 3 times with no explanation given. Then, sat on the plane waiting for luggage to be loaded another 45min. Weather perfectly fine in both locations. Missing work because of these delays
RouteSeattle to Omaha
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"one of the better US-based airlines"

Trip Verified | Honolulu to Dallas/Fort Worth via Seattle. While US-based airlines often lag behind their international counterparts in terms of providing modern amenities and efficient and pleasant customer service, it has been my experience that Alaska is one of the better US-based airlines. I've flown them over the last five years and always have had positive experiences. Their economy seats aren't exactly luxurious, but their planes have always been extremely clean. Their flights, sans their puddle-jumper ones, usually have a great assortment of on-flight entertainment. Staff, whether at check-in, the gate, or on the plane, are almost always pleasant, courteous, helpful, and professional. The only exception was the gruff and rather odd check-in agent in Honolulu (no surprise, it's a terrible airport with miserable staff) who was skeptical about accepting my checked bag because of something on my boarding pass that he couldn't really articulate, but, nevertheless, he demanded to see my driver's license. I have no idea what that was all about and what his problem was, since I entered my name, address and TSA Pre-Check details correctly when I booked the flight. Otherwise, the check-in processes, whether online or at the airport, are normally efficient. The one time I was delayed on Alaska, about three years ago, the staff handled passenger inquiries with class and professionalism - much more so than I would expect on airlines such as United, American, Spirit, and Southwest. Their prices are often competitive with the likes of United and Southwest, especially for West Coast flights. It's a shame that Alaska focuses primarily on the West Coast, plus Chicago, Dallas and New York, because, based on my experiences, they'd be a great travel host for foreigners touring the U.S. Just try to avoid the odd check-in dude in Honolulu.
RouteHonolulu to Dallas/Fort Worth via Seattle
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"They should be ashamed"

Not Verified | Medford to Seattle. Never flew, they kept us waiting know full well we'd never fly out that night. When we asked for a refund and vouchers for a hotel and gas see as how we drove 2.5 hours to get to Medford we were given nothing. When I told them that wasn't acceptable they called the cops and called me threatening? It's now 12:06 in the morning and we have just now got a hotel. We are a family of 5, my girls being 3, 6 and 11 they left us stranded in their parking lot for hours. Alaska Airlines is garbage I paid well over $1000 for this trip to them alone and this is how we are treated. They should be ashamed of how they treated us.
RouteMedford to Seattle