Alaska Airlines

"they just lost a paying customer"

Not Verified | I have been a loyal Alaska customer since 1990, I am about done, their service in a word sucks. Late planes, rebooked when it is not needed, pay $1700 for first class and wind up in coach, it is unbelievable how this airline has gone from the best to one of the worst in a year, they just lost a paying customer.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteSpokane to New York
Date FlownMay 2022

"Alaska Airlines impressed me immensely today"

Trip Verified | Alaska Airlines impressed me immensely today, specifically their flight attendants. I ended up getting food poisoning before getting onto the flight and began getting very sick on the plane. I simply asked for another bag and she brought me multiple with a stack of napkins with half of them damp. Couldn't have been more happy with the service!
RouteSan Diego to Seattle
Date FlownMay 2022

"Everyone is forced to pay a lot of money and be inconvenienced"

Trip Verified | TSA took forever, more than 1.5-2 hours because of poor management. So for me to make it to my domestic flight I would have to get there 3-4 hours before, and 3 hours would be rush. Alaska Airlines does not have any flight to offer me to fly to besides the next day, which my ticket will not get refunded at all and I had to pay a lot of the next flight the day after. They wouldn’t even let me transfer it to store credit despite it not being my fault for not making it to my flights, along with 19 other people who missed it due to poor airline and TSA management for just my flight alone. In total I would guess over 100-200 people missed their flight that day in SEATAC. Everyone is forced to pay a lot of money and be inconvenienced due to their poor management and refund policy.
RouteSeattle to Ontario
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"Not worth your frustration"

Trip Verified | My company booked a round trip flight from Seattle to Nashville with Alaska Airlines (for business). First and foremost, Alaska Airlines has 2 flights a day to Nashville and out of Nashville. Risky business if you really need to get to Nashville. My morning flight out of Seattle was cancelled. They had no other flights until 5:40pm the next day! Ended up having to switch to Delta and arrived in the middle of the night. I had booked a 9am flight for a reason. To arrive at a reasonable time. Very disappointed with first part of my trip. Return trip. I get to the Nashville airport today to find no one at their kiosk. I have a bag to check. Then discover no one mans the kiosk except at 6am and 2:30pm. I’m sitting here on a hard metal chair while my business associates are probably in a restaurant or bar relaxing. I have 2 more flights booked in June and July to Nashville. I am asking to be moved to another airline. They need to give up on Nashville BNA -Seattle SEA if they can’t support the route. Save us the misery. The people sitting around waiting with me feel the same. I’m from Seattle but will check Alaska Airlines off my list for future travel. I’m also attaching a picture of the inside of the plane above me. Filthy and definitely not sanitized. Some cleaning solution and a magic eraser seem so simple. Also, calling or online chat is a waste of energy. Customer service number posted had an estimated wait time of 10 HOURS and online chat 43 minutes. Not worth your frustration.
RouteSeattle to Nashville
Date FlownMay 2022

"doesn't care about the customer"

Not Verified | We were returning home from Portland. We waited at the front of the First Class check in line for 15 minutes or so while two agents behind the counter were doing nothing that we could identify. When one of the agents finally called us up, she told us that we couldn't fly because it was 40 minutes before the scheduled departure and there is a 45 minute cut off. Therefore, we had to book a hotel, miss a critical 8AM Monday meeting and leave the next day at 2:00 PM. Clearly, Alaska doesn't care about the customer or customer service. Only rated it a 1 because they would not accept a 0.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteOrange County to Portland
Date FlownApril 2022

"the worst is their customer service"

Trip Verified | They cancel flights without informing passengers. Rebooking a new flight several days later without asking for any preference nor refunding the accommodation expenditure in the meantime. But the worst is their customer service. On social media, they take hours to reply and they just tell you to call their phone line. On their webchat, they tell you the wait time is 1h but it never updates, even after 12h of waiting. Their phone line has over 10h of wait time. Who can stay 10h on the phone? this is useless Never book with Alaska!
RouteSan Francisco to New York
Date FlownMay 2022

"I’m sick and tired of flying this airline"

Trip Verified | I’m sick and tired of flying this airline. Their staff at the ticket counter are impatient, unkind, and extremely rude. They always have a way of ruining my day even if it started out good. They’re also great at having delays, canceling flights, and overall confusion.
RouteKalispell to Portland via Seattle
Date FlownApril 2022

"weren’t even trying to be helpful"

Trip Verified | I had one of the worst day and experience because of Alaska airlines. I hold Canadian permanent residence card, I have travelled with it several times internationally, no issues. When I tried to get my ticket printed from Alaska airlines desk in Atlanta they were not able to print it due to travel document issues besides me providing all the documents, they dint even know what this issue in their system was that was prevent them from printing my ticket, the front desk ppl called some helpline which was totally not helpful, they were all just stalling and killing the time figuring out what was wrong and I had to eventually miss the flight because of their fault. I requested to print the ticket at least till one of the connecting airport I had (Seattle) they were not able to do that either, totally not helpful and they weren’t even trying to be helpful is what I felt. I had to be back to Canada the next day for urgent personal reasons and airlines help desk was totally waste in time of needs. I was said I’ll be given a partial refund, I dint get any confirmation for that, and how will a partial refund ever cover for all the last minute flight bookings I had to do to reach my destination? I had to spend around 1500$ extra to get back home because of Alaska Airlines system’s incompetency, I walked to delta airlines and they were able to book and print a ticket to get to Canada with my permanent residence card, they dint have any issue. So alaska airline guys were at fault and I had to bear the consequences.
RouteAtlanta to Vancouver via Seattle
Date FlownApril 2022

"the worst airline I have used"

Not Verified | Horrible experience. Flight got canceled 2x and needed to stay an extra day. Alaska just went and rebooked on another flight. One of the flights was 2 days after. They never communicated to us about being reimbursed for hotels and meals. Also found out by accident that they will also rebook you on another airline. Staff at Seattle bag checkin was rude and no help. I travel about 6 to 10 times a year. By far this is the worst airline I have used.
RouteLas Vegas to Boston via Seattle
Date FlownApril 2022

"cancel the flight due to flight crew shortage"

Not Verified | Sat on the plane for two hours before they decided to cancel the flight due to flight crew shortage. Instead of paying a crew member enough to complete the fight, they cancelled a flight with 200+ passengers. Checked other airlines, only airline to cancel flights that day.