Air Canada

"couldn't have been more helpful"

Trip Verified | Dusseldorf to Saskatoon via Frankfurt. I wanted to change my flight back to Germany in order to be able to fly directly to Frankfurt, rather than via London. The support at Air Canada Saskatoon couldn't have been more helpful. They changed my flights, booked my seats and din't charge me anything. Thank you, Air Canada!
RouteDusseldorf to Saskatoon via Frankfurt
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I can't make change online"

Not Verified | On February 14 I bought a ticket to Bradley from Halifax, but because of coronavirus emergency, I have to rebook my ticket. I tried to re-book my ticket (bought before March 04th, and trip before April 30). Air Canada is not able to serve customers by phone, and I can't make change online because KAYAK was selling my ticket. KAYAK is not contactable, or Air Canada. I have two choices: lose money or go to air port and try there.
RouteHalifax to Bradley via Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"level of service remains very good"

Trip Verified | Flew from Vancouver to Hong Kong and back with AC in business class. AC's level of service on international flights remains very good. Both flights left on time. Seats are of the pod style and convert into beds which allows for comfortable sleeping on this long flight. Food is excellent. Good selection of beverages. IFE offer broad selection of Hollywood and international films and HBO television. A couple of suggestions for improvement. While the attention from the flight attendants was good, they didn't offer to assist with making up the bed as the staff on many airlines do. for example, Turkish and most Asian carriers. Second, on the return flight no announcement was made with respect to claiming luggage in Vancouver if one is travelling on The requirements vary - on flights from Europe or Narita, the baggage is sent on to one's final destination, whereas on flights from HKG one has to collect the luggage. I spoke to the senior flight attendant about this and he showed me the manual they had on-board which advises them as to the protocol, but still no announcement was made. It would be a simple thing to do and would help to avoid confusion for passengers.
RouteVancouver to Hong Kong
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"ticket was not cancelable"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight from Montreal to London at the end of April 2020. I requested to cancel the flight due to the virus situation, but as my ticket was not cancelable I was informed that I would lose the value of the ticket. It is sad that they see $ before true loyalty,
RouteMontreal to London
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Service was poor"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Delhi in January 2020. Seats were very tight for i am a slim man 145 lbs. Service was poor I tried to call an attendant 3-4 times nobody showed up.
RouteToronto to Delhi
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"cancellation was beyond their control"

Trip Verified | Washington to Quebec City via Montreal. We boarded the flight, but while we were awaiting takeoff we had to evacuate the plane due to a mechanical issue. After waiting a couple of hours for counter assistance, we were rebooked for another flight. We were advised that we could not continue on to Quebec that night, but would be rebooked for a flight the next day. Unfortunately, the flight was also delayed again and we arrived quite late When we arrived in Montreal the counter agents deliberated over whether we qualified for lodging as we had been promised, and we received a lecture on Air Canada’s cancelation policies. We were eventually provided hotel and meal vouchers, given directions to the shuttle, and confirmed our reservations for the flight for the next day. Our flight was cancelled the next morning due to weather, and we received an email notification that we were rescheduled for a flight two days later. We called Customer Service to see if we could get an earlier flight; the representative informed us we were scheduled for the earliest flight he could get us on to Quebec City. Since we would not have had any time 8n Quebec we decided to cancel our vacation and requested return flights Our return flight was delayed due to “Crew Availability Issues”. This delay would cause us to miss connecting flight in Ottawa. We immediately contacted the Air Canada agent at the boarding desk, who rescheduled us onto a direct flight to our home. Our Air Canada experience can be summarized as such: two flight cancellations, one for mechanical issues and one weather related; three delays, causing us to miss connections; cancellation of our Quebec Winter Carnival vacation plans; computer issues, and a stressful experience for my wife and me I think you can agree our experience with Air Canada was not universally positive. I think it is important to emphasize that if our original flight had not been cancelled for mechanical issues we would have arrived in Québec City before the snowstorm and enjoyed our vacation. We filed a claim with Air Canada for our (first) cancelled flight based on your policy of recompense for cancelled and delayed flights. Their official response was to claim the flight cancellation was beyond their control, but offered us a 15% discount on our next Air Canada flight. We have requested reimbursement for the Montreal to Quebec and return leg of our trip that we could not take. Their official response was to claim the flight cancellation was beyond their control, but offered us a 25% discount on our next Air Canada flight.
RouteWashington to Quebec City via Montreal

"had a bad experience"

Not Verified | Denver to Casablanca via Montreal. I am not the only one who traveled on Air Canada and had a bad experience, my family and friends also been travel with them and they had such an awful experience. Do you know that they never answer their customer service phone calls? Yes never! I have been trying for 3 months now but still no answer. I sent emails and also still no answers. There are no ways to communicate with them. They take your money and they let you figure things out!! Please do not travel with them!
RouteDenver to Casablanca via Montreal
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"no winter clothes and baggage"

Trip Verified | Before we left for our trip at the beginning of February flights were cancelled due to avoiding China, which is understandable but we were unable to call anyone from Air Canada due to their higher than normal call volume and were unable to put-on hold, just completely hung up on. We lost all of our selected seating that we had picked and ended up with not the seats we had selected. My food was garbage. On the way home our last of 3 flights was cancelled and we were stranded in Toronto for two days. We were unable to speak to anyone regarding our baggage and how to re book flights. I have a hard time believing this as we are in Canada and there are storms all the time. The was completely unacceptable. Returning to the airport the next morning to hopefully retrieve our baggage we found out that our bags had been forwarded to Winnipeg. So we have no winter clothes and baggage for the remainder of the 2 days in Toronto in February. Still one week later and you are unable to contact anyone from Air Canada by phone with not even being able to be on hold. They redirect you to their website which also gives you the run around. You need to increase your staff to deal with all the problems that you incur.
RouteTokyo to Winnipeg via Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I left a laptop at my gate"

Trip Verified | Tokyo Narita to Vancouver. I left a laptop at my gate in Japan. I called Japanese customs, they found it and were holding it with a 4 digit reference number. I called different Air Canada customer service and lost and found numbers numerous times, filled out lost item forms, and went to the airport to speak with them in person. They were unable to do anything to get it back to me. My only option was to fly back to Japan and get it myself. They wouldn't help me with a discounted flight. Mediocre comfort for a cheap flight. I had decent flight attendants on the flights. Adjustable darkness window tint was a nice feature
RouteTokyo Narita to Vancouver
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I asked for a food voucher"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Toronto. After boarding we were asked to deboard the plane as the weather conditions in Toronto were bad. All flights to Billy Bishop Toronto were cancelled. I was automatically rescheduled for a flight at 6 in the morning for the next day. On the reassurance of a customer service agent from Air Canada that seats might be available for an earlier flight to Toronto Pearson, I stood in line for 1.5 hours trying to get on an plane back home. I was put on standby for a 5 PM flight at 4:30 PM and asked to run to the gate. I obviously was not put into that flight. Then they put me on standby for a 6 PM flight at 5:15. No food or water was offered to me. 4 hours of running around and not until I got mad was I even heard. When I asked for a food voucher my request was not heard. Thank you nothing Air Canada.
RouteMontreal to Toronto