Air Canada

"Excellent service"

Trip Verified | Newark to Vancouver. Excellent service by the flight crew and flight attendants. We left 1.5 hours after schedule departure and yet arrived only half an hour after scheduled arrival. On top of that, the flight attendant for my row offered whole cans of drinks and served with a smile.
RouteNewark to Vancouver
Date FlownNovember 2018

"delayed on the tarmac for five hours"

Trip Verified | We took Air Canada from Calgary to Vancouver during a huge snow storm. We were delayed on the tarmac for five hours for only a one hour flight. The captain said we only had twenty minutes left about six times. We eventually learn our flight was cancelled and head back to the gate. Only to learn that our flight was in fact not cancelled and we had to wait to get the plane de-iced again. We live in Canada so this is expected to have a major snow storm. The people on the plane were tired, cranky and we were all hungry. We were also not offered free food or drinks during our delay. Which by the 4th hour we all really just wanted a beer. But Air Canada gave the flight a e-coupon to everyone that went through that experience which really made an impression that Air Canada cares about their customers and their status. Thanks to them I am able to spend Christmas with my boyfriend this year in Vancouver. Hopefully there is not another snow storm. Or I hope there is.
RouteCalgary to Vancouver
Date FlownNovember 2018

"have nothing but good things to say"

Trip Verified | This is my fourth or fifth trip with Air Canada and I have nothing but good things to say about my experiences. The terminal used for Canadian domestic flights at Vancouver is quite dated, but plenty of options for eating and drinking while waiting for the flight. Volunteers were requested to check carry-on bags (something I always count on happening, as my carry on tends to be quite heavy, always a treat). Boarding was expeditious considering the size of the aircraft, and we were soon on our way. Food and beverage service was an average pace and quality. Buy on board options were quite pricey, so I abstained. On their newer aircraft, AC's inflight entertainment is some of the best in the industry. Arrival into Toronto was early and the flight time overall was one hour quicker than scheduled! Connection in Toronto is always such a breeze, and USA pre-clearance in Toronto means you arrive into the USA without a need for passport control. Toronto to Boston was a standard North American flight of fine quality. Air Canada's gates in Boston are right next to baggage claim and the exit. Regarding money matters, I paid $173 one-way for this trip, which is quite reasonable for transcontinental journey. Overall another wonderful Air Canada experience.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER & Embraer E190
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteVancouver to Boston via Toronto Pearson

"a big disappointment"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Delhi. Extremely disappointed with the food. Except for the main meal everything else was cold. The main meal was worst than horrible. Agreed it was going direct to Delhi but there was no other food option than rice and a chicken or veg. Dish. There was 1 bathroom for premier economy but all economy passengers were allowed to use it. There were huge line ups.The bathroom was filthy and staff paid no attention at all to the blue light request. I am proud to be Canadian but sorry Air Canada, you were a big disappointment.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteToronto to Delhi

"Never Air Canada again"

Trip Verified | Air Canada re-booked me twice at the airport because it was snowing in Montreal, although there was no storm reported online. They turned a 23-hour flight into a 36-hour flight. Dropped my frequent flyer miles, added a flight — economy class — w one half hour to go through customs and immigration, get my suitcase and make the transfer. Of course I didn’t make the flight (I pointed it out to them when they were booking — they said I might be able to make it if everything went well). I had bought my ticket directly from the airline to avoid any problems. In the end, they refunded me $113. Never Air Canada again.
RouteNew York to Sydney via Montreal-Vancouver
Date FlownNovember 2018

"it was a satisfying experience"

Trip Verified | Trip YYZ-YYC (return) went smoothly with airplanes full in both directions. Departure from Toronto was delayed due to medical problems of one of the passengers, but we arrived on time to Calgary. The return flight was delayed 50 mins partly due to the deicing procedures in snow covered Calgary. The seats were fine, although had some breadcrumbs on the YYC-YYZ flight, the crew was friendly, IFE available only if you purchase the headphones. Food on this four hours flight was offered only for purchase. On the first leg the stewardess reminded me that I prepaid in advance and so I had a vegetable wrap which was pretty bad. I forgot that I also paid for food on the return flight and thus I missed the meal, but considering its poor quality this did not matter. Otherwise it was a satisfying experience. I presume that the usual long wait for luggage on arrival in Toronto is the fault of the airport services and not the airline.
AircraftA320 / Boeing 767
RouteToronto to Calgary

"friendly cabin service"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Comfortable seats, friendly cabin service, efficient boarding. Air Canada is certainly the best airline in North America. I also used the Air Canada lounge in both LAX and in Toronto which were ok (although the Air Canada Lounge in Montreal has better food). The only negative point was the check-in at LAX. There was a long queue at the priority check-in counter and the (rude) check in staff refused to give business-class passengers priority through using the other (economy) check-in counters.
RouteLos Angeles to Toronto

"Seats are narrow"

Trip Verified | Seoul Incheon to Vancouver. Seats are narrow and the seat pitch is to a bare minimum. I chose this flight only because the price was right to the level of service they offer on board. They failed to offer the special meal that I had ordered in advance and I was given a meal that was kind of edible. I will fly AC in the future only when it is the last option I have.
RouteSeoul Incheon to Vancouver

"6 flights, 6 delays"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Lyon via Montreal. 6 flights, 6 delays (departures and arrivals), dirty plane, some with payphones (yet free on the way), staff unfriendly and unfamiliar with the procedures. Forgetting on arrival in Canada when coming from Argentina it is mandatory to collect suitcases, even in transit),. Good meal, even if we had a lunch instead of a breakfast. Big baggage problem: delivery and care. Quality and recent entertainment. FR- 6 vols, 6 retards (départs et arrivées), avion sale et glacial, certains avec les écouteurs payants (pourtant gratuit sur l'aller), personnel peu agréable et peu au courant des procédures (oubliant juste qu'à l'arrivée au Canada en venant d'Argentine il est obligatoire de récupérer ces valises, même en transit, un détail...), repas bon, même si nous avons eu un déjeuner au lieu d'un petit-déjeuner. Gros problème de bagages : livraison et soin. Divertissement de qualité et récent.
RouteToronto to Lyon via Montreal
Date FlownDecember 2018

"not one of our checks bags arrived"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Orlando. Another disastrous trip with Air Canada. Every time I fly with this airline there is always a mishap. Delayed / changed flights and 0 out of 4 bags made it to the destination. We brought the family to have a good Disney world vacation and not one of our checks bags arrived. Terrible support afterword. No answers and no staff to help - “ here full out this form can’t help you” is all we got.
RouteToronto to Orlando