Air Canada

"not forgive Air Canada for this"

Trip Verified | I got my Air Canada boarding pass from Toronto to Atlanta and then with Qatar Airways to Doha to Mashad and gave my baggage to Air Canada. After I passed the passport check and went to the last gate half an hour to my flight was noticed by email that my flight was cancelled.I called Pearson information and was told to go to Customer Service desk. I stood in the line for approximately 3.5 hours!! and expecting help to find a way to be in Mashad before Friday. At the counter one lady tried to find other flights to Mashad before Friday but she could not. I was to find a way between cancellation and getting there later than Friday for my father in law funeral).I called my agency and they told me if they send you by another airline to Montreal which flights at 8pm you can get to Mashad. I talked to the lady and was told that it should be Air Canada airline. I cancelled my flights with a broken heart and dissatisfied of this customer service. I missed the funeral. Do not forgive Air Canada for this behavior.
RouteToronto to Atlanta
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"what a terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience flying with Air Canada! We arrived at the airport, having checked in online. We went to the check in counter to drop off our luggage and our get tags for our one-year old's stroller. The girl at the check-in counter was in training and was kind of lost, couldn't find our booking. She finally figured it out and was printing our boarding passes, when her supervisor showed up. He was extremely rude, combative and arrogant. He took our passports, saying he had to check our visas, and disappeared for about one hour, while we were standing with our baby and wondering if we would even make it to the gate. He then came back and just gave us our passports, no explanation, no apology. We asked him to print our boarding passes, and he just walked away! We called him again as he was walking away, he came back, and said, "that's it, I'm getting you off this flight!" We explained to him that this is not acceptable, and we would complain. He finally caved in, but what a terrible experience. We couldn't believe this was actually happening. If this guy is a "supervisor" at Air Canada, that says a lot about the company itself. And it's such a shame they carry our country's name. There's nothing Canadian about Air Canada, not anymore.
AircraftCRJ100/200
RouteMontreal to Boston

"would not pay a hotel"

Trip Verified | My flight was from Calgary to Nanaimo via Vancouver. Halfway to the Calgary airport my second flight was cancelled. After a 1.25 hour call wait, my flight was rescheduled. I was told they would not pay a hotel even though I have nobody to stay with in Vancouver. I get not paying for a hotel at the beginning of a trip, but halfway through? This is the last time. Absolutely ridiculous.
RouteVancouver to Nanaimo
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"one of my favourite airlines"

Not Verified | It was great, the aircraft's in perfect condition, clean and organized, with decent legroom, with new movies and updated software. The in-flight service was really good, respectful and kind flight attendants, willing to speak Portuguese, English or French. Definitely one of my favourite airlines. Thank you Air Canada.
RouteSao Pauo to Toronto

"service is terrible"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Los Angeles. Their customer service is outrageous and treatment of paying customers is appalling. They have no regard for anyone’s time and they think it’s ok to withhold information from flyers. Some planes are extremely old and have broken internal features (air conditioning, tv screens) and economy in the new planes is almost intolerable. The seats are tiny and the service is terrible.
RouteToronto to Los Angeles
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"sets a new low for customer service"

Not Verified | This airline sets a new low for customer service. We were to board a connecting flight from Newark to Ottawa around 8:30 am. Upon boarding our first flight at 11 pm the evening before, we were told our comnecting flight had been cancelled. However, no one could tell us why. The new flight was scheduled for after 2 pm. Having arrived at 5 am I now sit in the Newark airport for around 9 hours waiting for my plane. Crazy me I choose air travel as it is quicker than driving. Not so with Air Canada. Plus not even an email to update me on the change. Maybe they need to consult the long island medium to first see why it was cancelled since no one from their company seems to know or care. My advice is run don’t walk from this airline.
RouteNewark to Ottawa return
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"customer service appalling "

Trip Verified | Toronto to Santa Clara. Flight was scheduled for 5.10 pm Jan 31, delayed until 8.30. They let everyone on the plane and sit there for almost 2 hours before advising flight was cancelled. - the attitude from customer service was appalling I tried to ask the manager a question and she literally was ignored. We were provided with a hotel room and shuttle for the night and promised breakfast and lunch but only given $7 voucher for a breakfast buffet being $26, we ended up eating protein bars until we could get to the lounge at the airport. Flight is delayed over an hour again, and we’re given $15 credit on boarding pass for food, good for one sandwich. We only knew about this as another passenger advised us as they got it due to putting up a stink. This is unacceptable customer service. I’m using vacation days to sit at person airport. To add, Air Canada on twitter and Facebook asked us to contact them, messages show as read with no response?
AircraftA321-200
RouteToronto to Santa Clara

"Worst experience"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to San Diego via Vancouver. Worst experience of my entire life. Because of maintanance issues 1 flight was delayed that made us miss our connection. Then the connection flight was also delayed because of the maintanance reason as well. Then they had way too many people for 1 plane so not everyone was able to board.
RouteEdmonton to San Diego via Vancouver
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"luggage stuck on the plane"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Vancouver. AC 566 scheduled to depart YVR for SFO on Thursday at 1:45 pm. Pulled back from gate and smelled smoke in cabin. Two hours later back at gate. Re-booked on 5:40p flight. Delayed 90 mins. Arrive in SFO 10 hours late. Return flight on Monday, AC 569. Delayed from 4:50pm to 5:50p. Pulled back again. One engine wouldn’t start normally. Back to gate. Same A320-200. Writing this in SFO with our luggage stuck on the plane and no other options out. How can they keep pressing the same planes back into service.
AircraftA320-200
RouteSan Francisco to Vancouver
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"worst flight I have been on"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Winnipeg. This is the worst flight I have been on. On the first flight from home to my destination it was delayed 4 hours for an unknown reason. I was just leaving my house when I found this out, it was also not updated on the website. On the way home we boarded the plane on time and it has been now 3.5 hours.
RouteToronto to Winnipeg