Air Canada

"trying to book with this credit"

Not Verified | My flight from Edmonton to Las Vegas in May was cancelled due to Covid-19 and when I asked for a refund they refused, and all i could do was accept it and take the future credit. Now that I am trying to book with this credit of 407$ i cant book a 404$ flight due to some stupid flight / tax that they couldn't explain. They wanted another 103$ from me to book the flight totaling 510$. The agent put me on hold several times to try to get me an answer how 407$ credit cant book flights for 404$ and why i have to pay more when i had enough credit. He couldnt. I cant believe they can take your money and then not let you spend it how you like on another flight. Air Canada Flight from Edmonton to Las Vegas October 2 to 6 right now is 404$ for a flex flight on the way and a standard flight on the way back. They want me to pay 510$! I escalated the case 2 days ago and was told 24hrs and usually sooner for a call back, its now 48 hours.
RouteEdmonton to Las Vegas

"We were offered credit"

Trip Verified | Due to Covid-19, we were not permitted to go to Canada from the USA to take our flight from Toronto to Vancouver. We were offered credit. We are all high risk for Covid and simply wanted a refund since it may be years or possibly never before we travel. We were denied. A law was passed in the USA that required US airlines to give a refund. Canada has chosen not to recognize this.
RouteToronto to Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2020

"They would only give me credits"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to fly Beirut to Boston via London and Toronto with Middle east Airlines and Air Canada. I did not receive an email that the flight was cancelled. I had to call and they would not refund the money. They would only give me credits. I asked her to send me an email saying the flight was cancelled instead she sent me an email giving me credits back. The funny part is a ticket from Boston to Lebanon cost is like 1/10 of the cost and the rest is tax. So technically you get only credits for the ticket and the tax is dependent. I have filed for a claim and will no longer fly nor do I advise anyone to fly with them.
RouteBeirut to Boston via London / Toronto
Date FlownJune 2020

"will only give us a credit"

Trip Verified | We booked a family vacation from Indianapolis to Montego Bay via Toronto on Air Canada. The airline cancelled our upcoming flight and will only give us a credit to use for each of our 6 people to use in the next 18 months. I have requested a refund.
RouteIndianapolis to Montego Bay via Toronto
Date FlownMay 2020

"Air Canada will not refund airfares"

Trip Verified | Air Canada will not refund airfares despite change of flight and entitled refund as per their policy. I like many other families are struggling to seek out refunds and Air Canada is no exception. In fact their customer service is by far the worst with them declining several requests to provide us a refund. This is despite Air Canada changing our flights which was booked for 23rd June 2020 to an evening flight making it more than 3hrs different from our original 1.30pm flight. Air Canada and their policy states that a refund is entitled if delays are longer than 3hrs. Expect lots of cut and paste responses from their website along with them considering the matter closed despite repeated requests to consider current hardship circumstances.
AircraftEmbraer 175
RouteChicago to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2020

"your flight got cancelled"

Trip Verified | My recent flight with Air Canada on March 17th, 2020. I was returning from Nadi via Los Angeles to Vancouver. When I arrived in Los Angeles tried checking in at the kiosk machine would not work so got help with Air Canada personnel standing at the kiosk. He also could not do it so send me to the check in counter. The lady at the counter after sometime on the computer said so your flight got cancelled a month ago and email was sent to all the passengers and told me to contact my travel agent in Vancouver. I tried Calling my travel agent left 3 messages no answer she was so rude and untruly. I went back to the same lady on the counter and said our bags are already checked in she told us to go to terminal 5 to talk to the Air Canada agents to get our bags. On the way to terminal 5 I started thinking, I did not book my tickets a month ago and I did not receive any emails from air Canada. At terminal 5 the agent said we have to go back to terminal 6 they would be responsible for our luggage. On the way back to terminal 6 I asked my son who also was travelling with me lets take a look at the reader board with all the flight information, that’s when I saw that our flight got cancelled and also had our flight number. I went back to the check in counter at demanded to speak with a supervisor and first she refused after arguing with load voices she agreed to get the supervisor. I waited for almost 25 minutes before a supervisor approached. I was so upset told the supervisor please pay our accommodation, transportation cost and meals if you want us to stay in Los Angles. The supervisor said wait and after doing some work on the computer she told me that we can get a flight at 11.00 pm same day our original flight was at 3 pm with no food allowance. Air Canada should have told the trued that due to covid-19 our flight got cancelled and we are working to get you on board another flight as seats come available. The 11 pm flight to Vancouver was not full had lots of empty seats available. This is my second experience in LA please train your staff how to talk to customers this is a service industry.
RouteLos Angeles to Vancouver
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I missed the boarding call"

Trip Verified | In December 2019 Air Canada cancelled my return ticket home while I was in Colombia. The return ticket included one domestic leg (Cartagena to Bogota) then two more legs, first to Toronto and then Vancouver. I missed the boarding call for the third leg of my incoming ticket so Air Canada, without even contacting me, cancelled all three of my flights home. After I missed my final short flight from Bogota to Medellin, I purchased another ticket from Latam Airlines, the local carrier for my last flight. I spent six days using international minutes trying to reach Air Canada from Medellin. I tried everything under the sun to get a human voice on the line. Finally a friend of mine in Canada reached them, and after two and a half hours, got my flights home (the ones I’d already paid for) reinstated for $150. The money is the least of my concerns. The fact that Air Canada was unreachable is unprofessional. Air Canada also left my luggage in Toronto and took their sweet time getting it to me.
RouteBogota to Vancouver via Toronto
Date FlownDecember 2019

"give me a credit voucher only"

Trip Verified | Air Canada cancelled my original booked flight return August 16th ticket and suggested I fly out 4 hours drive away as they have cancelled my flight. I asked for a refund and they refuse. Said will give me a credit voucher only. They changed my flight and will not return my funds as there offer is not reasonable. I will be out of pocket to get a hotel in London England, and train tickets to get down to that London airport. I am in Northern England for a wedding the later part of my trip before returning home. It’s the customer service and lack of empathy from the customer service and the company. Calls keep getting disconnected after waiting for hours on hold. There customer relations returns your emails with the most generic email. Along with not answering private messages on FB.
RouteToronto to London

"credit for future use"

Trip Verified | Air Canada refuses to provide refunds even though they cancelled my flights. I have no option other than them giving me a credit for future use. I don't recall agreeing to this and am disputing with my credit card company.
RouteNew York to Montreal
Date FlownApril 2020

"unprepared for Covid-19"

Trip Verified | Horrible customer service and completely unprepared for Covid-19 crisis. Instead of setting up an easy online portal to deal with Covid-19 related requests like other airlines, Air Canada decided to make it's customers jump through hoops to get a refund or a credit towards another flight. Although I've cancelled my flight for May and have received confirmation that my cancellation request has been received, I was emailed a copy of my tickets because the airline thought I was still going. Now I have no idea what the status of my refund/credit is because it may take up to 120 days before I hear back from customer service.
RouteCalgary to Halifax via Toronto