Air Canada

"Air Canada flights were great"

Not Verified | We spend several months traveling this Summer and flew with a number of airlines, and Air Canada was the best, head and shoulders above others. They were efficient in getting people on and off their flights, the crew and staff were friendly and genuinely helpful. We didn't expect food on our flights. Not only was there food, but it was good. They have a stopover program, which allowed us to stopover in Toronto for no extra charge. The flight attendants, between them, spoke 7 languages. Where there were lines, the moved people with soon to be departing flight to the front of the line. Here is an example of how great the Air Canada people are. On our flight from London to Toronto there was a man who had taken his 3 children to London (by himself) for a holiday and they were returning home. His 3 children sat together behind us and he sat in an aisle seat across from them. Not long into the flight an exhausted dad fell asleep and the flight attendants took over. Mind you the children were delightful, but the flight attendants were amazing with the children. The flight staff made that flight pleasant for everyone. That was the daytime.flight from London to Toronto on October 15th and the flight staff really should be commended. While that flight was remarkable, all our Air Canada flights were great. I will fly Air Canada every chance I get.
RouteLondon to Toronto

"completely unhelpful"

Trip Verified | Sudbury to Calgary via Toronto. When I booked my ticket, from Sudbury to Calgary the Air Canada website did not show any available options. I had to book Sudbury to Toronto and Toronto to Calgary separately in order to get from Sudbury to Calgary - the website did not do this automatically. The only Toronto-Calgary flight showing was 6h later than preferred (even though this is a frequently travelled route). Thinking that was the only option, I booked it. When I checked again, a few days before my departure, it turns out there were a number of earlier flights available. When I asked to change flights as a result of the website malfunction, the Air Canada employee was completely unhelpful and refused to change my flight notwithstanding my flights were booked at a time during which the Air Canada website was obviously not working properly. Air Canada's failings were many: inability to book a connecting flight on the Air Canada website, failing to show other available flights, and failing to be of any help whatsoever. I am forced to give them a poor rating. I've escalated my claim and will revise my rating if a supervisor ends up being more helpful than the employee who took my call.
RouteSudbury to Calgary via Toronto

"What a joke"

Not Verified | Fort McMurray to Bathurst via Montreal. Paid $905 dollar for a flight that got cancel in Montreal. I can only get a flight in 24h. Gave me $20 dollars to eat and no hotel to stay at just a number to call for a discount. I wait on the line for 15 min to be told they don't have any more rooms with a discount call back later. What a joke.
RouteFort McMurray to Bathurst via Montreal

"service was professional"

Trip Verified | London to Vancouver. Pre-boarding and on board service all quite good. The service was professional and attentive all through the flight. Food could have been better; Air Canada do not appear to have changed their menu on this route for over a year. IFE quite good though BA offer a wider choice on this route. Boeing 777-300ER with Air Canada's high density seating configuration is extremely uncomfortable. The seats are very narrow and uncomfortable, aisles very narrow and leg room very limited (I'm 5' 9"" tall). For a day time flight, this aircraft is tolerable but I would avoid it if at all possible for an overnight flight.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLondon to Vancouver
Date FlownOctober 2019

"luggage was left at my departure"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Vancouver. I fly with this airline weekly for work. On Board the bigger the plane, the tighter the space, very uncomfortable. There have been a few times where attendants have skipped over me on flight. When I ring for service I am again ignored . Today my luggage was left at my departure. So disappointed.
RouteToronto to Vancouver

"Too frustrating"

Not Verified | Worst airline ever. Highly unorganized. Never ever going to travel again with this one. Rude staff at the boarding. We were traveling from Montreal to Toronto and they didn't give us any seat though we paid the full amount to buy the tickets. And when we approached the person on the gate - he was too rude to listen to us. And on our flight from Toronto to Montreal - this one was 3hrs late. Too frustrating.
RouteToronto to Montreal

"What an improvement"

Not Verified | Brussels to Montreal. What an improvement over my last flight. This time, the food made all the difference. The vegetarian meal was excellent: full of flavour, quality ingredients and was an appropriate size. Red wine on board was delicious as well. I had decided to abandon Air Canada for international flights until I took this flight. It seems, based on my conversation with a crew member, that the airport of origin matters, although I hope it doesn't! Crew was very kind and accommodating, nothing could have been better about this flight given the amount I paid for this portion of my trip. They have an ample selection on their in-flight entertainment system; although I do not judge an airline's quality based on that nor the availability of Wi-Fi; but rather treat them as bonuses.
RouteBrussels to Montreal

"seat was comfortable"

Not Verified | London to Toronto. This was a smooth flight, and the landing was not good, food was not good, flight attendants were ok, it was a clean plane, and the seat was comfortable.
RouteLondon to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"stewardess was great"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Munich. The stewardess I spoke to about making sure my Border Collie was on the plane was great! She took my seat number and name and got back to me saying she spoke directly to the gentleman who put her on the plane. Although I panicked because she didn’t get back to me right away and I asked another stewardess who was not quite so friendly, telling me ”how would I know if your dog is on the plane?” I explained she could ask the captain at which point she asked me for proof that I had a dog, I gave it to her and she went off to ask, coming back with a yes.
RouteToronto to Munich

"most garbage experience"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Seattle. It all started with them making check my vest because it had studs and spikes. Then my flight was delayed a ton and they didn’t think it’d be an issue with me landing 5 minutes after boarding started on my connection. I brought this up to customer service multiple times and they just shrugged and dismissed it without any investigation or consideration. Once I arrived they canceled my connecting flight because they couldn’t transfer the luggage that I was forced to check on time. They scheduled me for a flight literally 24 hours later. I refused and asked for an alternate so they sent me to Vancouver and say they’ll have a hotel for me on arrival. I arrive at 11:30 and they have no clue about any hotel. I’m dealing with them for another hour before they get management to book a room. I don’t get to it till nearly 1:30 am. I leave wake up at 5:30 to get ready and catch my morning connection. While in immigration and customs line I get a text saying they canceled my connection and pushed me back to another flight 2 hours later. I called customer service and they just gave the same dismissive attitude. At this point, I’m running off of 4 hours of sleep and have missed all my work meetings for the day. They show no sense of remorse or need to remedy it. I called to demand some sort of refund but they just said to send them an email. Not worth the price they charge by a long shot and by far the most garbage experience I’ve ever had with an airline.
RouteMontreal to Seattle