Air Canada

"Fantastic experience"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Toronto to London. Fantastic experience. Valet service took me from connecting domestic flight straight to the gate. Excellent service, food and comfort throughout the trip, both before and during the flight.
RouteToronto to London
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"there was no service whatsoever"

Not Verified | Flew into Tokyo from Bangkok on ANA, Nippon on a 787, economy class. We were offered water within 30 minutes of takeoff, a full elaborate and delicious dinner after an hour, then another drink service half an hour after that. We were offered a snak and drink again before landing. All of this on a 4.5 hour flight. The seats were a comfortable width with good leg room. This was a great flight experience. We were connecting on Air Canada Flight 2 to Toronto, connection time was 55 minutes, we were at the gate in about 25 minutes, boarding had not started, we boarded and lifted off about 45 minutes late, something about baggage loading problems. We paid extra for a preferred seat were in row 18 at the bulkhead, seat location was good, seat itself was very narrow and uncomfortable. (extra seating probably means extra luggage and with the allowance of 2 checked bags per person might explain luggage loading problems.) Three hours after takeoff there was no service whatsoever, not even water. Then there was an announcement that Air Canada was implementing a new service, they were offering a hot towel service and the availability of both hot chocolate and sparkling in Economy Lass. A special representative was on board to explain this innovation and to hand out a 20 question survey on this startling innovation. Water and a meal service followed. The main was horrible, a tiny salad, a tiny bun and a Twinkie like desert. After a discussion with their service people water was offered more frequently. An attempt to order duty free on board failed, an attendant tried to help but was not able to place the order. The duty free cart came by when I was asleep so no success there. This 11.5 hour flight was a very poor and uncomfortable esperiance. In the last two years we have travelled on KLM, Lufthansa, Air France,West Jet, Bangkok Air. All of these airlines provided better service and a much higher quality food service. Shame on you Air Canada. I will not use you again if I can help it.
RouteTokyo to Toronto
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"a serious customer service problem"

Not Verified | London Heathrow to Toronto with Air Canada. I am a million mile flyer so I have a lot of experience with traveling. I fail to understand why the baggage retrieval at Pearson Airport is consistently the worst I have experienced. Comparing Toronto with Paris, London, Zurich, Hong Kong, Vancouver, New York etc. etc. Typically, baggage at Toronto takes 30 to 50 minutes after having passed through customs and immigration. One wonders why the bags are not waiting for the passengers when they emerge from customs and immigration. At most other airports I have my baggage in no more that 20 minutes. In London, my bags are always on the carousel before I arrive. This continues to be an issue at Pearson (Air Canada) Terminal 1. I primarily fly Air Canada so my experience is with them. Frankly, I don’t care whether Air Canada blames Pearson management or whether Pearson blames Air Canada baggage handlers. This is a serious customer service problem that should be rectified. It is an embarrassment to Pearson and Air Canada both. Particularly since other international airports don’t seem to seem to have this problem.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Toronto
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Our flight was delayed"

Trip Verified | Our flight Vancouver to Honolulu was delayed and almost didn't make it to our scheduled tour. I thought maybe just this one time only. Then when when we go back home, our flight were cancelled. Hotels and taxis were compensated , we ended up stranded in a hotel. Never again we will fly with Air Canada. The delays and cancellation is not worth the money you spend. I won't recommend.
RouteVancouver to Honolulu
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"not a Comfort Class seat"

Trip Verified | Biggest Air Canada fan waning after A220 inaugural Flight Experience. I purchased a Comfort Class ticket on the Air Canada inaugural A200-300 flight on January 16th between Montreal and Calgary. When I reached my seat, boarding in Zone 5 I found that my aisle seat was already being encroached on by a Plus Sized passenger who had moved the arm rests up as he could not fit the confines of his seat. This was certainly not a Comfort Class seat experience from my perspective, although probably an Air Canada bargain at just over $500. I thought Air Canada would put their topnotch flight attendants on this flight as it was an inaugural flight of a new aircraft type! Instead the economy cabin was blessed with 2 lack lustre crew members. I went to use the washroom at the back of the airplane and two service carts were blocking the access to the lav that was open while the 2 flight attendants were busy snacking and socializing. The male flight attendant later manned the Bistro Cart in the aisle offered the menu to me and I had to ask him if he had my prepaid voucher recorded on his manifest. He looked at a sheet of paper on his cart, then looked above at my seat row and number then offered the meal item and snack item. I chose for a meal item the mac n cheese which was one of the few hot items available. The flight attendant warned me that it would be at least 30 minutes because he would have to heat it up first. This, while the plane was over northern Ontario. I decided by the time we were flying over Saskatchewan, I would check on that 30 minute Mac and Cheese. I went to the rear galley and found a female flight attendant freshening up her makeup and I asked her if she knew anything about the 30 minute Mac N Cheese I had ordered off the Bistro Cart and she opened the oven and found the cardboard box with the Mac N Cheese which was probably cooking for and hour and a half. She admitted that the Male flight attendant could not remember who ordered the item.
AircraftA220-300
RouteMontreal to Calgary

"delayed out of Calgary"

Not Verified | Calgary to Frankfurt via Mumbai. The flight was delayed out of Calgary due mostly waiting for deicing as the weather was not horrible. Upon departure with almost 1.5 hours initial delay, the plane finally made it to Frankfurt with just 1 hour delay. However, they could not make sure that the passengers that were connecting to a Lufthansa flight to Mumbai with just 1.5 hrs connecting time could at least make it to their flight. They have code-share and it is their responsibility. Lufthansa left without a single minute delay leaving passengers stranded at the airport for an indefinite time. There were many plans that have to be completely revised and rebooked with much loss of money and time. Absolutely horrible service by Air Canada, not only this time but most of the time. This is one of the worst airlines in the world.
RouteCalgary to Frankfurt via Mumbai
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"We used to trust Air Canada"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Montreal. You have to be careful now with Air Canada. They started playing with their fares to make it as confusing as possible to get as much money as possible from the customer. At the time of booking, we chose a standard economy ticket as opposed to an Economy Light ticket to be sure to get our luggage included in the price and not have to care about it later. We got a booking confirmation also stating that we had in fact paid the Standard Economy fare and that our luggage was included. When we showed up at the airport however, with four pieces of luggage for the whole family, we had to pay 240 CHF additional per way. We were told that since our flight was a codeshare, the rules of the other company applied. We got no help from the Air Canada counter and we could not reach anyone on the phone after an hour of waiting. We wrote an Email to customer service which replied three weeks later stating that it was all our fault for not paying attention, even though their booking confirmation stated false information. That means that we paid more for a fare that did not give us what we expected of it. We used to trust Air Canada but we won't be flying with them anymore if we can't trust the information they present us.
RouteZurich to Montreal
Date FlownDecember 2019

"operated by Omni Air"

Trip Verified | Flew from Vancouver to Kahului January 2 2020 , the flight was operated by Omni Air International due to the Boeing Max 8 issue. I upgraded to Business when doing online check in to give my wife and myself a treat. Entering the plane the first thing we noticed was the horrible condition of the interior. Once we had sat down it only got worse, the seats had an electric reclining system that were so worn out my seat couldn’t even go to the take off position. I could tell how embarrassed the flight attendant was. My wife’s entertainment screen which is located between our seats was held down with white tape and was unusable my screen was so floppy that it had to be held in place by the tray table with a blanket. What a joke. The service was okay but not great. The only thing that was nice was the leg room.
RouteVancouver to Kahului
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"My seat was given away"

Trip Verified | I am a frequent flyer with Air Canada and I have had terrible flights from Kona and Maui due to the abysmal ground crew there. Staff from other airlines manage the check in and gates. They’re rude and ignore amy airline status. I needed a printed boarding pass and waited in line for an hour. My seat was given away and I was given a seat at a window towards the back instead of at an aisle with my family towards the front. I proved my seat was changed and they responded that they can’t inconvenience the passenger who has your seat now.
RouteKona to Vancouver
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"not being flying with AC again"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Winnipeg departing at 8.15pm. If I try and contact airline via phone I get a voice recording that essentially says we’re not able to put you on hold and we won’t be able to call you back. Sky lounge only serves drinks during certain hours. Sky lounge doesn’t serve any food other than pieces of bread and hummus after 8pm. Seats have no pillows or blankets etc. You’re required to pay to use their in-flight Wi-Fi service for anything other than looking at a map of your flight. There are too many letdowns when it comes to flying domestic business class with Air Canada. I will not being flying with AC again.
AircraftCRJ 900