Air Canada

“exceeded expectations”

Trip Verified | Air Canada turned out to be a good flying experience for the first time because of its comfortable seating, friendly and courteous cabin crew and staff, and impressive in-flight entertainment options, which exceeded expectations and made for a pleasant journey.
AircraftA220-300 (twin jet)
RouteHouston IAH to Toronto Pearson YYZ

"I am grateful"

(Israel)

Not Verified | I had an issue with my passport but the staff of Air Canada were very friendly, helpful and very nice, solved my problem and helped me a lot. I am grateful.
RouteCalgary to Toronto
Date FlownJune 2024

"experience has been awful"

Not Verified | Our flight was canceled, fine. But the service afterwards was awful. From being told one thing by the floor manager. To then having the rudest treated by the customer service representative at the Maple Leaf Lounge. She was rude and obnoxious, talking on the phone about us while serving other customers. We actually did not use the Maple Leaf Lounge due to her treatment. The whole experience has been awful.
RouteVancouver to Montreal
Date FlownJuly 2024

“an infuriating and unacceptable experience”

Not Verified | I am beyond disappointed with Air Canada. A delayed flight caused us to miss our connection, and to make matters worse, they booked us on a Delta flight, falsely claiming our seats were confirmed. We discovered at 6 am in the airport that they were not, leaving us unable to check in and get home. After numerous calls with unhelpful and discourteous agents, we were finally rebooked on an 11 am flight, arriving home 13 hours late. This was an infuriating and unacceptable experience. Avoid Air Canada at all costs.
RouteCalgary to Newark via Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2024

“staff refused to help me”

(Spain)

Not Verified | Terrible terrible airline. Not only was I 8 hours late to my destination, but the Air Canada staff refused to help me. One of them walked away from me while I was speaking to them and their customer service literally hung up on me. I received NO compensation because they lied about the reason for the delay.
RouteWashington DC to Barcelona via Montreal
Date FlownMay 2024

"flight home was also cancelled"

Not Verified | While on a group school trip I was stuck on a plane on the runway at the Philadelphia airport after 45 minutes the pilot announced that the aircraft was running low on fuel and we needed to turn around to refuel then we were informed that the plane had a mechanical issue that couldn’t be fixed and we had to unboard. After a lengthy process we got another plane hours later and finally made it to Canada where we expected to get on a connecting flight to London. This flight however got cancelled and we had to get another one. This was not the end of the nightmares, when we finished packing to come home to the US we discovered our flight home was also cancelled.
RoutePhiladelphia to London
Date FlownJune 2024

“poor communication to their passengers”

Not Verified | Massive delay at departure lost our connecting flight and then could not find an alternate route to make up the difference. They are understaffed and disorganized, poor communication to their passengers. I dont know why we booked with AC this time, we had avoided them like the plague and ended up losing our car rental and 2 days off our trip to Lisbon. We had to re book with TAP the next day so we could get to portugal Anyways it was a fresh reminder why we dont use AC anymore.
RouteVancouver to Lisbon via Montreal

"Very disappointed"

Trip Verified | We generally have preferred flying with Air Canada in the past but had just flown to and from Europe on Icelandair. We then flew home from Toronto to Vancouver on Air Canada. We were seated in an exit row just behind Premium Economy. By comparison with Icelandair, the cabin felt old, dark and smelled musty. The stewards seemed unorganized, did not say anything to us about the exit row protocol and took up to half hour to respond to the call button. The snacks were dry-as-sawdust pretzels, and the beer was warm. The headphone plugs did not work and the fold-up monitor would not rise up to be seen from my seat. It was only when comparing the flight and service to Icelandair did we realize how poorly Air Canada is performing. Very disappointed and will think twice about flying Air Canada in future.
AircraftBoeing Max
RouteToronto to Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2024

"no guarantee of reimbursement"

Trip Verified |   I would like to place a complaint for a flight delay of Air Canada YXJ to YVR and YVR to YZP. I had a flight June 28 supposed to be at 10:20am but the flight delayed from Fort St. John to Vancouver so i missed my connecting flight to Sandspit but the airline refused to give me any compensation for all the hassle because according to them it is not their fault, (air traffic) and the earliest fight they give me will be on June 30 and they refused to give hotel accommodation or even meal vouchers. They keep on offering to go to Terrace or Smithers which is way far away to my destination. They did told me to book a hotel and place a complaint for reimbursement but there is no guarantee of reimbursement. So i have no choice but to stay here in the airport the whole day and night to wait for another flight. The 2 supervisors didn’t explain whats going on and instead they just left me and the ground crew to explain everything. Even the manager didn’t care.
RouteFort st. John to Sandspit
Date FlownJune 2024

"not eligible to receive compensation"

Trip Verified | My flight on 6/20/2024 from Osaka to Dulles via Toronto, got delayed a few times then cancelled and I got stuck in Toronto for 1 day. I couldn't get hold any customer service by phone or in the airport to give me clear and detailed explanation. They finally rebooked me to different routes back to USA, delayed a few times again, changed gates a few times and final destination to Baltimore instead of VA, so I had to pay extra for uber to VA. In addition, 2 of 5 my checked baggage was lost. They replied to my claim that I am not eligible to receive any compensation because "This flight was delayed due to unforeseen maintenance that does not include scheduled maintenance or mechanical problems identified during scheduled maintenance." My first and last time fly with Air Canada.
RouteOsaka to Washington via Toronto