Air Canada

"the result that of wrong judgement"

Trip Verified | They do not know to keep time. They delayed our flight for a reason that could be avoided. And on top of that they assumed the authority to cancel our connecting flight without communicating to us their decision, leaving us for hours, at the Heathrow airport. The decision to cancel our flight was the result that of wrong judgement. Because the flight from Toronto delayed for 15 minutes they took the decision to cancel our connection flight, but do not have the courtesy to inform us of their decision.
RouteToronto to London
Date FlownNovember 2021

"Come on Air Canada, do better"

Not Verified | Nothing wrong with the service in itself, a few delays which aren’t their fault, but why aren’t they checking vaccination records like every cafe, bar, restaurant, cinema etc? If there was one business whose income is dependent on managing the virus it has to be travel. This is a failure of corporate responsibility to the society in which it operates. Come on Air Canada, do better. And if you won’t do it out of a duty of care, then at least do it for your stock price.
RouteComox to Quebec via Vancouver and Montreal
Date FlownNovember 2021

"poor organization and all out chaos"

Trip Verified | Flight was scheduled to leave at 7:50am and was delayed in departure by 3 hours because of poor organization and all out chaos. If there were other viable options I would never use this company to fly again.
AircraftCrj900
RouteToronto to Saskatoon
Date FlownNovember 2021

"Good food, great service and smooth flight"

Not Verified | Good food, great service and smooth flight. All 4 flights were on time and comfortable. Staff friendly and gave excellent service. Will gladly fly with them again.
RouteCalgary to Saint John
Date FlownNovember 2021

"Their customer service is brutal"

Not Verified | I have traveled with AC for over 20 years, mainly due to them being the preferred airline of the company I work. They are an over priced under service airline at best. Their customer service is brutal. Recently I needed to speak to someone live in customer service. I have been on hold for over 5 hours. What company that values even the slightest customer satisfaction offers this poor a service? It is an absolute shame Canadian does not have another national airline. As sad as it is I will no longer fly AC and opt for a US carrier instead. Shame on AC senior management. A leadership overall is long overdue and I hope tax payers money is better spent then keeping this poor preforming company afloat.
RouteToronto to Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2020

"my diabetic meal did not make it on board"

Trip Verified | I am a diabetic. On my flight from Toronto to Vienna, in Sept 2021 I was informed that my diabetic meal did not make it on board. I was not offered any alternative, just the comment: Sorry, we didn't load your meal. Flight 1 -hungry! On my flight back on Oct 12, I was offered a "diabetic meal", containing pasta (main course), bread etc. I need to inform AC that pasta is not recommended for diabetics, maybe consult a dietician for advise. Flight 2 -hungry! On top of that they lost one piece of luggage on our arrival in Toronto. We were told: "The luggage made it to Toronto (it was unloaded) but we cannot find it". It was delivered after 10 days at 5.30am with no advanced notice. Anyway, at least they found it! We filed two formal complaints for the meal and the luggage. $100 dollars off for the meal and 20% off the next booking for the luggage. Measly. When we booked out next trip we found out that the two discounts we re not recognized by the booking website.
RouteToronto to Bucharest
Date FlownOctober 2021

"I really enjoyed this flight"

Trip Verified | I really enjoyed this flight. The flight attendants offered excellent service. There was a good selection of wines. The dinner was good but I would have appreciate a third option for the main course. I particularly enjoyed watching the films, documentaries and TV shows. When I am flying longer routes I always try to book on a plane with Signature Service. It's nice to see they've brought that back. I also enjoyed the AC lounge and have a bite to eat and a glass of wine and some water before my flight. The seats are really comfortable and with the seat facing the window, it feels nicely private. I also appreciated the health protocols followed by the AC staff. I look forward to flying with AC soon again.
RouteToronto to Vancouver
Date FlownOctober 2021

"no one take responsibility about this"

Trip Verified | My flight delayed in Edmonton and the agent rebooked my flight to go Fort Lauderdale in Florida via Toronto and then stay one night in Fort Lauderdale and flight to Orlando the next day! So I canceled my hotel in Orlando with penalty fee of US 98.10 because Air Canada said that they will provide hotel in Fort Lauderdale! When I arrived in Toronto, Air Canada rebooked again to the next flight to Montreal and Orlando.. everything was delayed and in a hurry and super stressful! Now I don't have place to stay in Orlando tonight because I canceled the hotel. Seems like no one take responsibility about this.
RouteEdmonton to Orlando via Toronto / Montreal
Date FlownOctober 2021

"have been on hold for 1 hour 27 minutes"

Trip Verified | My review relates to the customer service in the booking of flights and changes to reservations. Air Canada has the worst customer service I have experienced. As I write this, I am on hold with Air Canada and have been on hold for 1 hour 27 minutes and counting, and this is my second call to confirm an upgrade which was accepted on line but without final confirmation. For reasons unknown, Air Canada does not make extensive (or any) use of chat bots or chat lines and it clearly is seriously understaffed. I may never fly Air Canada again.
RouteVancouver to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"the company doesn’t value you the customers"

Not Verified | This airline has the worst customer service. I needed assistance on a short notice change in my flight and needed to meet the COVID requirements. I wasn’t looking to violate rules I was looking for assistance. The staff with Air Canada weren’t just rude they are completely uncaring! You could tell that the company doesn’t value you the customers nor does it value the customer experience. Specialize in saying “No, we don’t know how to assist.” I understood I needed to meet testing requirements and follow whatever policy stated but when I had follow up questions — I was dismissed and even told to talk to United! IAH Airport staff for Air Canada just want a check, they don’t want to help you. Again, they do care about your experience! No company integrity. No company value. Luckily United did indeed step up and completely changed my experience. Horrible time with Air Canada and I believe any competitors could easily out shine them if your staff smiles alone! Unkind and don’t recommend.
RouteHouston to Montreal