Air Canada

"cabin crew were friendly"

(Turkey)

Not Verified | Excellent staff. I hope someone from Air Canada reads this review. I flew on Monday 11th, November with AC859 from London to Toronto. All the cabin crew were friendly, supportive and looked like they love their job. Most of Air Canada's crews are like that but last night it was beyond good. Although the weather conditions were bad and we landed with delays the captains are awesome sharing with the news and extra smooth take of and landing .They never lost their mood and kept on serving us. Thank you very much.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLondon to Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2019

"no regard for their customers"

Not Verified | Worst experience with an airline. We flew from Montego Bay to Toronto Canada as a layover. As we boarded the plane the Captain advised that it was snowing in Canada, but we will be on time. As we arrived to the Toronto airport we spent a hour and a half on the runway. Due to traffic and the airline plowing. You would think they would of plowed ahead of time or at least prepped for snow. So are connecting flight was boarding in 20 minutes as we lay in wait on the runway. We checked Air Canada site and it stated that our connecting flight was delayed 2 hours. So my wife and I believed we had time to make the connecting flight being that we were sitting for our an hour on the runway. Well we were wrong not only didn’t they let people with connecting flights exit off plane first but the staff and the website lied about the delay. (The connecting flight was on time) As we approached the gate to our flight we were stopped and not allowed to enter US customs because they closed at 9pm. We arrived at the gate at 849pm and had time to walked 50 feet to customs. But not to our knowledge Air Canada already rebooked our flight for the following day for 920pm without advising us. The staff was rude and blamed it on US customs even after we told them we have 11 minutes. Then they advised that we couldn’t go through customs because our check bag was on our previous flight. We explained that they can send the bag at a later date because we have to get home to our kids. Note there are over 25 other people they denied as well. Also, other airlines sent our check bag at a later date of flights were running late. Furthermore, Air Canada did book our hotel rooms but did not state when we had to check out. So at 11am the next day we received a phone call that we have to check out. Our flight wasn’t due to arrive until 920pm. What were we supposed to do from 11am to at least 7 pm. With no winter clothes because we are coming from Jamaica and we didn’t have our clothes due to the checked bag being on the previous plane. We called several Air Canada customer service lines and we met with excuses. I will never fly Air Canada or will recommend this airline. We were warned but decided to try them out anyway. Lastly, my wife checked for flights and they had a flight leaving Toronto at 11am the next day but Air Canada boomed is on the last flight leaving because it was more convenient for them. Absolutely no regard for their customers.
RouteJamaica to Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2019

"the ticket was pending payment"

(Turks and Caicos Islands)

Trip Verified | Toronto to Providenciales. This is the second time within a year that I have shown up to the airport in Toronto to check in for my flight to discover that the ticket I had booked through their app did not get paid. Last time I missed my flight entirely and Air Canada did nothing to rectify the situation telling me it was an issue with my bank. I ended up flying American. This time I once again arrived at the airport to check in, to discover I had to go to ticketing and purchase the ticket. At no point in either of these situations did I receive a notification that the ticket was pending payment, rather I received a reference number and 24 hours prior to my flight I began receiving check in notifications. This was the similar experience I had last flight. This time when I booked the flight I had my bank on the phone to ensure it wasn’t on their end. They confirmed it was not. Both times due to their issue I was inconvenienced and stressed about not being able to return home to my family in time. Air Canada charged me for my baggage and only offered up that it must be an issue with my bank. Unacceptable service and poor communication. Thankfully I was able to get on my flight this time.
RouteToronto to Providenciales
Date FlownNovember 2019

"an embargo on flying pets"

Trip Verified | Whitehorse to Vancouver via Toronto, Air Canada turned me away at the airport. Never try to fly with your pets in the cargo hold. After booking my ticket, I called to book my 2 cats in the cargo hold. I was moving across the country. Everything was fine and I booked my pets. On the day of the flight, I arrived at the airport only to be turned away due to an embargo on flying pets. They did nothing to rectify this and left me stranded. I ended up having to fly with Air North and Westjet who were great.
RouteWhitehorse to Vancouver via Toronto

"knees touch front seat"

(Puerto Rico)

Trip Verified | Quebec to Toronto. The seats space between seat are too narrow for me, my knees touch front seat. You Can not assign your seat until 24h before, calling to airline, waiting time 20-30 min Except tant you paying $150 extra. Good Staff.
RouteQuebec to Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2019

"I enjoyed the cabin feel"

Not Verified | London to Toronto. I found this trip on Air Canada's B777-300ER pretty overwhelming. I enjoyed the cabin feel and the colours. The IFE was not going to be activated till after takeoff, and that meant that there would be no WiFi until the IFE was on. Then came a cockpit PA 'Attention passengers, this is your captain speaking. We will be delayed by 1 hour due to an accident on the apron.' That accident was a pushback truck that broke down, and they needed to move it. They couldn't turn on the IFE until at least one engine was on. One hour later we pushed back, and the IFE came on. I decided to check out the entertainment selection. As this was a 1:30 PM flight, lunch was served shortly after takeoff. My cheesy pasta was sufficient. After the meal, I checked the WiFi, and the prices were pretty reasonable. $29.78 for full flight of WiFi (that's 5 hours from LHR-YYZ). Later in the flight, we were served some kind of pie/wrap thing with chicken in it.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLondon to Toronto
Date FlownJune 2019

"pleasant, comfortable trip"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Vancouver. My trip on 4 Sept 19, was a very pleasant, comfortable trip. Staff and food were great. My baggage was damaged on arrival, reported it, got claim no, they did offer immediate repair on wheel if i was to be there for 3 days, however I was on a tour, elected to do it on my return home. Within a week of coming home on 4 Oct 19, I did online claim, easy enough for an girl, response with in 24 hrs, claim settled within 2 weeks. Cant beat that, thanks Air Canada.
RouteBrisbane to Vancouver
Date FlownOctober 2019

"need to improve their game"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Tokyo. The welcoming staff at Montreal airport was unbelievably rude. The check-in machines were not working and there was only one desk open for the check-ins. One desk for the largest company in one of the most important airports in Canada, unbelievable. After 20 minutes of waiting without any improvement, people started asking the staff what was happening and we were just told; "20 minutes is nothing, if you're still in line in 6 hours you can come talk to me again but before that, it's not my problem, get over it". The rest of the check-in and management staff on the ground though were all very nice and accommodating after I have to say. The flight was a 13,5 hours to Tokyo in a Boeing 787. Plane was nice enough and all the cabin crew staff were very good and welcoming. I was not expecting much for the food but this went beyond anything I had. The chicken was white and dry and had a blend tomato sauce with it...I actually felt sick and disgusted after eating it. I don't know what the breakfast was supposed to be but I could not finish it. For an airline that considers itself the best in North America, they really really need to improve their game.
RouteMontreal to Tokyo
Date FlownOctober 2019

"tells them to charge the change fee"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Toronto on an Embraer 175. Check-staff were not welcoming to me and did their basic duties without much enthusiasm. My ticket terms stated that I was eligible for same-day standby on an earlier flight, but they insisted on charging me for the change, and could not offer any explanation except "the computer says so". I showed them my ticket and again, they said the computer tells them to charge the change fee. This despite the fact that I had called the airline and the customer service agent on the phone told me to show up early at the airport to make the change free of charge. The flight was rather uneventful. The plane was old, and seats cramped in Economy. The crew were similarly very disinterested and unenthusiastic to me. At the end of the flight, the chief purser stood by the door texting on his phone, and barely acknowledged the passenger disembarking - the crew on the outbound flight three days earlier was a remarkable contrast. Half way through the flight, the entertainment system broke down. The crew said they would reset the system, but they could not.
AircraftE175
RouteAtlanta to Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I cannot thank him enough"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Vancouver in February 2020. I actually want to highly commend an Air Canada ticketing agent.! I received incredible service from Gonzalo who went out of his way to assist me in purchasing a B-class economy fare and then upgrading to business using points. He initially could not find any availability for me and I hung up, very disappointed, after thanking him. Gonzalo then did something which NO other Air Canada agent has done and called me back! He then proceeded to assist me with exactly what I needed. I cannot thank him enough! I think he should receive some commendation from Air Canada for his outstanding and beyond helpful service to travellers flying with Air Canada.
RouteSydney to Vancouver