Air Canada

"Overall an average experience"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Frankfurt via Toronto. The day before departure, I wanted to check in at the LAX for the trip. But this was not possible with the machines or the ground staff. According to information only Internet check-in the day before departure would be possible. Boarding in LAX was not very organized. Both aircraft were in good condition and the cabin / toilets clean. The flight from LAX to YTO had to be paid for food. The food to Frankfurt was adequate and the drinks service was sufficient. The entertainment program could have more choice in movies and music. The seats were good, but the seat pitch too low. Overall an average experience.
AircraftBoeing 777-200 / 787-9
RouteLos Angeles to Frankfurt via Toronto

"I recommend Air Canada"

Not Verified | Air Canada, Rome to Toronto 16 September 2018. It was my son's 13th Birthday and I really wants to thanks Pilots for their kindness by trying to celebrate my son birthday on the plane. They really made my son day and he was very happy. I wants to thanks them including the staff for everything it was amazing from all of them. Thank you I recommend Air Canada.
RouteRome to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"rerouted to a direct flight"

(Hong Kong)

Not Verified | I had a conference to attend in Toronto. I was flying United and my itinerary was to fly from Hong Kong via San Francisco and then Chicago to Toronto. My United Airlines flight from Hong Kong was late to take off for over an hour and I only had an hour 25 minutes transit time. When I cleared the customs, rechecked my luggage, and ran to the gate, it was closed. After working through issues and arrival time, I was rerouted to take a direct flight from San Francisco to Toronto on Air Canada. This was my first experience with Air Canada and didn’t know what to expect. I went to the gate 45 minutes before the flight time, no one was even at the counter. The ground crew showed up around 25 minutes and didn’t start boarding until 10 minutes prior to the departure time. I immediately asked a flight attendant to fill my empty water bottle after boarding. I then found out how smart the move was. First, this 5-hour trans-border flight included no drinks (not bottled water and you had to ask before they would give you water) or food. The flight attendants’ main duty was to sell earbuds, snacks, and drinks to each customer. Thus, it took them 3 hours to reach the last row where I was. Another issue was that they sold some kind of hot snack. One of the flight attendants walked by me numerous times loudly to do heating. They did not go to the next row until the ordered food was given to the paying customer. The interior of this plane was worn with rather uncomfortable seats and entertainment programs were ancient with mostly Canadian shows. The flight attendants could not offer any arrival information, not even the general temperature range at that time of the day, and Toronto was their hometown.
AircraftA320-200
RouteSan Francisco to Toronto
Date FlownJune 2018

"seating comfort was good"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Vancouver. Check in was well organized and done quickly. The flight started on time, was a newer aircraft, clean and in good condition. The seating comfort was good, but the seat distance was a little too narrow. The catering was on average an airline of this price range. Overall, pleasant with some possibilities to improve them, for example, the offer at the on-board entertainment.
RouteFrankfurt to Vancouver

" very good experience"

Trip Verified | My wife and I flew back from Paris to Calgary via Vancouver in Air Canada's 787-8. We sat in the first row of this compartment just behind the bulkhead. Seating arrangement is 2-3-2 and we sat in the two seats next to the window. Lots of leg room, but one negative is that you are just behind the bulkhead. Flights all left and arrived on time. Service was good and the meal really quite tasty. I spoke to the FA and she advised me that the food had been provided in Paris. Much better than the outbound meal which of course had been supplied in Vancouver. All in all a very good experience.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteParis to Calgary via Vancouver
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"seat pitch is too tight"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Vancouver. So called, Dreamliner's seats are so uncomfortable that it seems being caged. Aircraft is so poorly configured that somebody try to put seat anywhere found empty space, disregarding passenger comfort. So few washrooms and seat pitch is too tight and narrow. Air quality and noise level are little better.
RouteToronto to Vancouver

"bad customer service"

Trip Verified | New York to Toronto. Air Canada has astoundingly bad customer service. I was shouted at by the staff upon boarding, and lodging a complaint has been near to impossible. I waited on hold for over an hour just to be told all complaints must go through the website. They are really terrible.
RouteNew York to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"skipped serving my row drinks"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Hong Kong Premium Economy Class). No separate restroom. Line in coach 6 deep. Inattentive staff. Don't respond to call button. FA skipped serving my row drinks and I had to flag down staff to ask for it. In flight entertainment kept skipping mid movie to star wars and despite asking for it to be reset, it wasn't done. Having flown Asian carriers like EVA from YYZ to Asia, AC doesn't compare when it comes to product and service.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteToronto to Hong Kong
Date FlownOctober 2018

"will be charged in US funds"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Toronto . I copy and paste part of the email add I received. Avoid like plague booking your additional travel plans with Air Canada. Although it says you are booking your Hotel, in our case The Hotel X in Toronto, in the local (Canadian in this case) currency of the hotel, you will be charged in US funds. Air Canada claims there is a microscopic us flag somewhere that lets them get away with this. I have booked a lot of travel and this is the second time I have a problem and again it’s with Air Canada charging in USD. Although a Canadian Company and I’m booking in Canada for travel in Canada they are charging me in US funds. Be careful. Be diligent.
RouteMontreal to Toronto

"Love to fly Air Canada"

Trip Verified | Rome to Toronto. One of my best flights. Amazing crew. Food was actually ok and it seemed like we were being fed every few hours. Very comfy. Smooth flight as I get anxiety, this time I had no issues. Thanks again for an amazing and safe flight home. Love to fly Air Canada.
RouteRome to Toronto