Air Canada

"credit for future use"

Trip Verified | Air Canada refuses to provide refunds even though they cancelled my flights. I have no option other than them giving me a credit for future use. I don't recall agreeing to this and am disputing with my credit card company.
RouteNew York to Montreal

"unprepared for Covid-19"

Trip Verified | Horrible customer service and completely unprepared for Covid-19 crisis. Instead of setting up an easy online portal to deal with Covid-19 related requests like other airlines, Air Canada decided to make it's customers jump through hoops to get a refund or a credit towards another flight. Although I've cancelled my flight for May and have received confirmation that my cancellation request has been received, I was emailed a copy of my tickets because the airline thought I was still going. Now I have no idea what the status of my refund/credit is because it may take up to 120 days before I hear back from customer service.
RouteCalgary to Halifax via Toronto
Date FlownJune 2019

"staff were great and very pleasant"

Not Verified | Departed Toronto to London on December 12, 2019 morning flight and returned London to Toronto on January 1, 2020 AC 857. I have to say check in, boarding process, in flight on all flights were well organized and quick, all staff were attentive when needed but left you when needed. All staff were great and very pleasant. We fly Air Canada regularly and sometimes things go wrong these are usually out of control of the staff and our experience is they are always professional and friendly. Air Canada you know your business keep doing what you do as you are good at it!
RouteLondon Heathrow to Toronto
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Ida’s care and hard work"

Not Verified | I am writing a review about a agent at the ticket counter. Her name is Ida. My ticket didn’t go through the night before when I purchased it on line and the next morning westjet has told me unfortunately had no more flights available. I went to Air Canada counter and Ida worked for a very long time to get me to Winnipeg that day. You see my dad was not doing well and was given only 48 or more hours. Because of Ida’s care and hard work I was able to get to Winnipeg then drive up to Swan River and made it to see my dad that evening. He then passed away during the middle of the night. So I am so grateful and thank full and if anyone knows Ida from Kelowna airport Air Canada please let her know.
RouteKelowna to Winnipeg
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Avoid Air Canada because you can’t trust them"

Not Verified | Air Canada refuses to refund cost of the ticket for which they canceled both legs. Outbound flight was canceled and inbound flight was rerouted and delayed. Air Canada refuses to refund the cost of the ticket and wants to issue a credit with the airlines. With very limited flights, costly fees, and such terrible customer service I refuse to accept the credit and will dispute the charge with the credit card company since I feel Air Canada is not honoring the ticket which was purchased in November. I had also purchased a ticket for my son on the same flight out but with a different airline, and that airline issued a refund with no hassle. Avoid Air Canada because you can’t trust them.
RouteLos Angeles to London

"I cannot get a refund"

Trip Verified | My flight in October 2019 from Toronto to London was cancelled at the last moment and I had to pay 80 dollars for a bus back to London. I have been trying to get compensation and a refund since then and got a email saying I cannot get a refund.
RouteToronto to London
Date FlownOctober 2019

"the seats were comfortable"

Not Verified | We had westjet cancel our flights so we booked on Air Canada. Kahului airport is old and needs renovations, we waited an hour to drop our bags off. The staff were very kind though. Seriously Air Canada one queue for two fully loaded aircraft. We got through the nightmare that is security but that’s not air canada. The plane had a brand new livery on it but the interior had not been renovated, but the seats were comfortable and had leg room. There was no service due to covid-19 but we expected that. Air Canada’s IFE is top notch though for selection. We got there though and it was not terrible definitely a decent option.
AircraftA330-300
RouteMaui to Calgary
Date FlownMarch 2020

"flight does not count as canceled"

Not Verified | My wife and I were going to have our honeymoon in St. Lucia. Flights into St. Lucia were canceled due to the COVID-19 scare. Our travel involved Air Canada, American Airlines, and Airbnb. American Airlines and Airbnb gave full refunds without any questions and no hassle. Air Canada was a completely different story. Air Canada was willing to work with me to receive a refund for a flight that no longer exists. According to the employee I spoke with, the flight does not count as canceled because it was canceled more than 48 hours in advance. So the flight that I bought the ticket for no longer exists, but according to Air Canada, the flight was not canceled. This was a very eye-opening experience.
Date FlownApril 2020

"will not give us our money back"

Not Verified | We booked a ticket from Edmonton to Rome for May 2020 that we saved 2 years to be able to go, now Air Canada as cancelled the tickets and they will not give us our money back only a credit. We are both in our 60’s and not working right now due to this virus, we need that money to live. But unfortunately, Air Canada does not care and as no compassion and will not do a refund. This is my money I should have the legal right to decide if and when I want to travel. Air Canada I always thought you were the best, but I will do nothing but bad mouth from this day forward in any way I can.
RouteEdmonton to Rome
Date FlownApril 2019

"thanked for their efforts"

Not Verified | Air Canada flew an empty plane to Cancun last week to provide passage home to a number of people, including my wife and me, stranded in Mexico. The flight from Cancun to Toronto was only half full. While AC did not make any money on this flight, they are certainly to be thanked for their efforts on our behalf. Well done to our national airline. We were certainly grateful that you came, got us and delivered us safely back to Canada. Thank you, Merci beaucoup!
RouteCancun to Calgary via Toronto