Air Canada

"service offered was excellent"

Trip Verified | I would like to post an extremely positive comment for the head purser of flight AC860 from Vancouver to London on Tuesday 14th September 2021 departing at 18:15pm. His mannerisms and the service offered was excellent, which is very refreshing in this day and age.
RouteVancouver to London

"slightly above-average"

Trip Verified | Flying with Air Canada can be best described as slightly above-average. Not at all great, but most certainly not bad. The check-in agent in Portland who reviewed my flight and pandemic paperwork (to satisfy Canada's requirements) was very serious but also pleasant and helpful. The departure gate was relatively new, as well as secluded and quiet. The Portland gate agent was also courteous. The flight attendants were very serious and not much into pleasantries, but still pleasant when I needed to interact with them. The plane was a bit old, could have been slightly cleaner, but wasn't like a pigsty. The ticket was also a bit pricey considering that this was basically a 1-hour regional flight on a commuter jet (then again, I guess having to pay federal fees to the US and Canada for this flight might explain the price). Again, the experience was slightly above-average, I'd probably still choose them over American or Southwest in the US if I needed to fly to certain places outside of North America.
RoutePortland to Vancouver

"poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Very disappointed. I used 110,000 aeroplan miles plus $1,500 Cdn. for return premium economy Toronto - Vanouver. They switched the seats so one of us got tossed back in coach then switched the return date to the next day without explanation. I waited on hold 1.5 hours and the only suggestion was to cancel which I did. The same flight was later booked on Westjet, premium economy both ways, almost same time, seats together for $950 CDN. no airmiles needed. Air Canada too expensive, poor customer service, erratic untrustworthy booking and aeroplan points appear to actually increase, not decrease costs. Never again.
RouteToronto to Vancouver
Date FlownDecember 2020

"waiting for 45 min"

Trip Verified | The ground crew can’t be found to load the aircraft or to guide the aircraft to the gate. Here we are waiting for 45 min and counting for ground crew to be appear to load this Dash-8.
AircraftQ400
RouteVancouver to Victoria
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"reached the gate I was 3-4 mins late"

Not Verified | I have bought Business flight passes from Air Canada. The purpose of buying flight passes is to save time and fly as and when required. I booked my flight for 4th Sep 2021 to attend a business meeting in Edmonton. Today I reached airport almost on time and by the time I reached the gate I was 3-4 mins late. I requested the crew and told them to accommodate me in the same flight instead of understanding the situation they preferred to argue. They would have easily accommodate us in the same flight as it was hardly any delay but they moved us to other flight.
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Avoid this airline if you can"

Not Verified | Avoid this airline if you can. They are always late, their flights are cancelled or there are mechanical problems. The staff are not very helpful. We got a 10 cad $ voucher for a whole day delay. Good luck if you are trying to catch a connection or arrive on time somewhere.
RouteMontréal to Fort Lauderdale

"Totally, unpleasant flight"

Trip Verified | The flight 1421 Varadero-Toronto was delayed an hour. After we boarded the plane, the captain came on to say that we expect to be further delayed because of the paper problems with Cubans where supposedly they might return some of the passengers that he brought on his earlier flight form Toronto, which added almost another hour. Quite unusual, but well. During that hour of waiting aboard the plane, the crew kept reminding passengers via PA and directly to keep the masks on or face fines. Then they made an announcement saying they know we are getting hot and we are hungry and thirsty, but to be patient and once again keep masks on. The next announcement asked people sitting next to the windows to put the shades down so we would not be that hot. Each announcement was given in English, French and Spanish , so talking never stopped. Once we were up in the air, they could not get the safety demonstration video to play properly, so they told us in 3 languages again to read subtitles. The food service was then further delayed because they said there was a medical emergency. Finally, the cart with the food/drinks shows up. Yes, it is Covid, so told us the director of service, as she "cannot pick up trash while offering food for purchase because she is not supposed to mix clean and dirty". But the staff was supposed to use paper menu that every passenger touched, and was collected and passed to the next row. Totally, unpleasant flight.
RouteVaradero to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2021

"no apologies were offered for the inconvenience"

Not Verified | With over 15 years of travel experience I can definitely say this was the worst I experience. I have not flown on Air Canada for a while and will not be doing so in the near future. This was horrible from the clerk at the baggage drop-off to the boarding hostesses - rude and complete incompetence. It first started at the Air Canada luggage drop off point. The clerk pointed out that my carry-on was too big and requested I paid 115$ for the extra bag. So, I transferred everything to a small bag I had inside and to my other bags. When she weighed everything, one bag was 21 kg and the other 25 (2 kgs over the limit). She requested I remove the extra 2 kg or pay 100 $. I managed to remove the extra weight which she accepted. To my surprise at the gate, the hostess flags my boarding pass during boarding literally calling me a thief because I failed to pay the overweight and oversize fee. I was shocked, I tried to explain that this was an error and there is no way I made it through the security without paying. The hostess flat out told me I was lying and that there was no way for them to know I was telling the truth. They made me wait until all passengers boarded then a supervisor came and confirmed that I was telling the truth and that the clerk made a mistake. I was finally allowed to board. Please note: no apologies were offered for the inconvenience. As I was walking to the airplane to board, I started to experience some cramps in my hips since I was standing for a long time. I had to stopped in the middle of the ramp and wait for the pain to stop. To add to my frustration, here come another hostess asking me to move or she will get my name off the plane! I explained that I am having a cramp and just need a couple of minutes. The lady repeated herself saying that I needed to move or else my name will be removed from the plane. When she saw I ignored her and was still holding my hip she run off to the counter saying - "that’s it, I am removing your name from the flight".. I was really shocked I have never had in one encounter so many unkind people. This was a night flight and I imagine everyone was exhausted but the treatment I received was beyond unimaginable. The humiliation over and over again. I am so disappointed and really hope this company starts holding their employees accountable for the way they treat their customers.
RouteCalgary to Ottawa
Date FlownAugust 2021

"absolutely no service for stranded passengers"

Not Verified | Air Canada has no class. They cancelled my return flight and left me stranded in Morocco. They would not allow my travel agent to exchange my ticket with another airline. At the last hour flight prices on other airlines had doubled. Air Canada offered a partial refund which did not cover half the fair to get home. Big loss for me and absolutely no service for stranded passengers. The head steward on my flight was a mask Nazi. I was very aware and cooperative. But it is very awkward putting on a mask every time they pass you while eating or drinking. No common sense at all. As the walk towards you while eating you have to put a mask on. There should be some balance there.
RouteNewark to Montreal via Casablanca

"Fly with anyone else"

Not Verified | This airline is disgusting. They canceled a flight and moved to the next day, not offering accommodation for sleeping. Ok fine. Was told the PCR covid test will be extended to the next day. The flight was from Toronto to San Diego with a layover in Vancouver. They allowed the flight to Vancouver and then was not allowed to continue to San Diego and told we were lying about the test extension. They lost the luggage, and stranded us here in Vancouver with absolutely no reconciliation. I will not be letting this go. Fly with anyone else, literally anyone.
RouteToronto to San Diego via Vancouver