Air Canada

"baggage did not leave Montreal"

Trip Verified | I traveled to Paris from Ottawa via Montreal on 12/28/2019 along with my 2 kids ( 4 years and 7 years old). I had checked in Ottawa 3 baggage and 1 stroller. Upon arriving in Paris it came to my surprise that none of the checked-in baggage has arrived. Upon checking with the ground staff in Paris I was informed that ground staff in Montreal didn't have enough time to transfer my baggage to the second flight going to Paris. My trip was booked through air Canada website including the transit. I followed up with Baggage services who confirmed that baggage did not leave Montreal and will be send on a different flight. Following arrival it will be scheduled for delivery in Paris. This process could take up to 5 days. I am shocked with the poor level of service Air Canada.
RouteOttawa to Paris via Montreal
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Not good customer service"

Not Verified | London Heathrow to Ottawa. When a companies cabin crew apologises for their in-flight entertainment being really bad and in not a good working order for many passengers because the systems are so old, you would think an over haul would have been done: But you would have been mistaken! After three starts and reboots of the system followed by a discussion with ground staff as to how to fix the fact the entertainment system didn't work, the company resorted to 'vouchers' which required a passenger to log into Air Canada's website to be reimbursed! But oh no, don't think you will get anything back, you are.offered 15% off your next flight cost but you must fly within the year. So my question is, what about all those customers who, like me won't be flying again within the year as we saved for this holiday. Not good customer service and most definitely let's Air Canada off the hook as a good 80% probably won't be flying within the year. Well done Air Canada you try to look as if you care but have clearly not put your passengers first.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Ottawa

"Delayed by 75 mins"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Quebec. Delayed by 75 mins because of crew unavailability. How are you not able to have enough crew members for a flight? Unacceptable. Then extra delays because the plane was not ready to fly.
RouteToronto to Quebec

"The worst experience"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Portland. The worst experience with Air Canada. Who changes their systems during the holiday season? I spent two months trying to buy my seat upgrade but their system wouldn’t take it. And their customer care message just said “sorry, we can’t help you!”. I just ran through the Vancouver airport to make an earlier flight to Portland. They were still boarding passengers and completely refused to help. Had no empathy for the next flight being a four-hour wait. She was not helping and yelled at me for asking more than once. I understand the rules and regulations. I would have been fine with an “I am so sorry, the rules won’t let me add you to this flight”. But she was rude.
RouteToronto to Portland
Date FlownDecember 2019

"landed in Rome 70 minutes late"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Rome. Flight landed in Rome 70 minutes late. In order to catch the connection flight to Rome, we were effectively run by an Air Canada agent thru Fiumicino airport. Luckily Lufthansa crew were waiting for us for the next flight to Munich. On the flight half of the lavatories I checked were out of order during the flight. My continental breakfast was sugar coated bread.
AircraftA330-300
RouteToronto to Rome
Date FlownDecember 2019

"2 mins late from the check in timeline"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Bogota. Prior to departure, I tried to call air Canada to upgrade my flight several times, each time the wait duration was more than one hour. Finally after several attempts, when I got through to an agent after 60 mind waiting, they told me I have to do the upgrade in the airport. The system doesn’t allow them to do it over the phone, However, when I got to the airport, the ground service people told me I have to do it online it or on the phone, the system doesn’t allow them to do it at the airport, it’s very frustrating that it’s already wasted 2 hours of my life just to get to speak to someone over the phone. No one could help me with my request. After I got to the airport, I was 2 mins late from the check in timeline, I found out that they took my seats away and told me I had to rebook a flight. I had no choice but to go to ticketing booth, after waiting there for almost 2 hours at ticketing booth, the staff had trouble getting through their system after 15 mins of trying, told me because I used Aeroplan miles for my ticket, there is nothing they can do, I have to contact Aeroplan to get a new ticket. It would be more considerate if they let me know that ticketing booth doesn’t help anyone with aeroplane reward ticket before sending me there, so I don’t waste another 2 hours waiting there pointlessly. This experience is very very disappointing,.
RouteToronto to Bogota

"Delayed 4 hours"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Zurich. Delayed 4 hours, this is the second time happen. The fare was too expensive and compensation was only $20, really unfair. Even the airline is not sure if I will get a connecting flight and at what time. Prefer not to travel by Air Canada again
RouteToronto to Zurich
Date FlownDecember 2019

"cabin crew very friendly"

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Toronto. The cabin crew are very friendly but my food was not great. A problem is the toilet I used was dirty before we've taken off. Need more attention inside the cabin, special the chairs and washroom.
RouteHong Kong to Toronto
Date FlownDecember 2019

"will avoid at all costs"

Not Verified | Regina to Montreal via Toronto. What is described below is not a one-time occurrence, it has a rather disturbing high frequency on my travels. Paid for a more expensive flight to arrive earlier as I had an event. Wasted my money due to the delays. The departing flight (AC1114 from Regina to Toronto) was delayed due to "additional flight preparation time". The flight was then delayed two more times, to the point of missing my connection. To top it off, when consulting the departing gate to change the missed connection, was instructed to do so in Toronto. I made the big mistake of being nice to them and checked my carry on to assist them with space for other passengers. Big mistake as the whole Air Canada Toronto personnel that I consulted seemed to be trained to purposely do nothing to change a flight if baggage is checked. When requesting for an earlier flight, one of the people asked if I wanted to go on the next flight, to what I answer "Yes!" to then tell me he couldn't do it because of the checked luggage and telling me that he needed 1h and 15min for changing. Asked then for a flight apart 1.5 hrs, to what they say "cannot do with checked luggage". Do you notice the change of tone there? If this was a single occurrence, I would have said "one time thing" but this is the third time out of four flights I've got. Due to the frequency, I will avoid at all cost. I hope you do the same. And I travel frequently, with different airlines. Have not been as deceived as with AC.
RouteRegina to Montreal via Toronto
Date FlownDecember 2019

"service was not amazing"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Frankfurt. Onboard service was not amazing, the staff looked overworked. The flight was full and there was no prior assessment of hand luggage storage. The flight took off nearly an hour late as the staff were rearranging hand luggage in the cabin as a result we landed in Frankfurt 30 minutes late. I missed my connecting flight and have to wait over 5 hours for my rescheduled flight. The Lufthansa staff at Frankfurt are not helpful at all, my flight was originally booked with Lufthansa and they have not shown any empathy or given assistance!!
RouteToronto to Frankfurt