Air Canada

"seats were amazing"

Not Verified | London to Toronto. I recently had a flight with Air Canada. The staff were very kind and helpful. The lounge was the best I've seen! The seats were amazing and so was the food!
RouteLondon to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2019

"seatbelts don’t work with car seats"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Toronto. We booked 4 Business Class Seats on their Boeing 787 for a red eye flight. The tickets were for me, my wife, our 13-month daughter and our 14-year old niece. Air Canada booking showed the age of our daughter, as we gave them her info and said we wanted a seat for her. After we boarded, and put her in her car seat, she fell right asleep as people were still boarding. At this point the crew said the car seat needed to be checked as their seatbelts don’t work with car seats, and I had to hold her. They also said there were no seats in coach for her and that they need me to get her now so that they could take off. They were polite, but I was stunned by what I was being told. We complied with their instructions, as required. Air Canada responded to my email offering me a $100 e-gift card. All of us were exhausted after the flight. I’m insulted by their offer of $100 and simply can’t believe any airline would act in such a manner.
RouteLos Angeles to Toronto

"could not be happier"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Toronto. My first time flying with Air Canada and could not be happier. The aircraft was very nice - who doesn't love a toilet with a window!? - the staff were very nice, the food was delicious and the entertainment system was au point! No delays, but would benefit from allowing boarding passes on the iphone wallet.
RouteFrankfurt to Toronto

"Shameful performance"

Trip Verified | CMN-DCA via YUL in business class. The CMN-YUL flight was an hour late departing which made the connection tight in YUL for the short segment to DCA. Crew on board the long over-the-water sector was excellent. Very friendly and attentive. Food was very good. AC uses the old herringbone 1-2-1 business class configuration. It is private, but does not allow you to look out the window. While transiting in Montreal, I could see that my bag cleared US Customs. However, it did not make it onto the aircraft for the short flight to Washington Reagan. Upon arrival, I filed a missing baggage claim with AC. This is done at their check-in counter and, as a result, took a long time as a large family checking in had a problem with their tickets and there was only one agent on duty. I finally was able to file a claim. My bag arrived on the same flight a day later, even though there was six flights between Montreal and Washington (either DCA or IAD) in the interim. After arriving in Washington, my bag took another 24 hours to get to me. Shameful performance on the part of AC's baggage tracing and contracted courier delivery service. Marred an otherwise good trip with AC.
AircraftA330, CRJ
RouteCasablanca to Montréal via Washington
Date FlownJune 2019

"wasn't happy with entertainment"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Sydney to Vancouver. I am a first time traveller by Air Canada. I chose Air Canada for my trip in order for me have a feel & get the real experience of it. In General ok. For me when it comes to long haul flight more than 10+ flying hours, I wasn't happy with the selection of entertainment system.
RouteSydney to Vancouver
Date FlownApril 2019

"hoping to get the bag back in time"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Delhi via Vancouver. I booked my tickets through Expedia. Air Canada made changes to my itinerary three times without explanation. The first time around I called Air Canada directly but was told I needed to contact Expedia. Expedia was helpful but had no explanation for the changes. I had to make changes to my other connecting flights every time Air Canada made a change. On the day of travel, during check-in the agent did not understand e-visas to India and asked for clarifications from me. I found the onboard food choices and quality below par. They lost one of our bags when we landed in Delhi and the agents there did not have a clue as to what happened. We are keeping our fingers crossed, and are hoping to get the bag back in time for the wedding I came to India for.
RouteSan Francisco to Delhi via Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2019

"Air India charged extra fees"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Delhi with Air Canada, Delhi to Kochi with Air India. Though their baggage limits are limited i have paid for an extra baggage and confirmed with the representative that the baggage fee is applicable until the final destination. When they reach Delhi for transfer for their Air India flight charged extra fees for the baggage. On top of it though it is an international transfer they are considering as a domestic trip. They even consider even laptop bag and Baby's diaper bag as Carry-on luggags. There is no proper communication between Air Canada and Air India. Air Canada have different language entertainment in their flight but they dont have tamil language.
RouteToronto to Delhi

"No food was served"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Toronto. My flight was rescheduled without any information to me and found out, when I checked my itinerary on line. No food was served in business class (only light breakfast before landing). Overall impression and service was not near to EVA Air and Singapore Airlines I traveled before this flight.
RouteVancouver to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2019

"delayed for nearly two hours"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Toronto. Today we were delayed on the plane for nearly two hours. I missed my connecting flight, and need to wait at the airport all night for a rebooked one. But Air Canada offered me a $10 meal voucher so that makes it all better! They dont give you any snacks on their flights, its for purchase.
RouteVancouver to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2019

"I will fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Brisbane. An excellent lounge. My seat on the plane was not the most comfortable, but being tall was not bad. The cabin staff were very good. I couldn't eat or drink very much and staff helped me in every way possible. They were all caring, I will fly with them again.
RouteVancouver to Brisbane