Air Canada

Air Canada customer review

NRT-YYZ on Sep 16. There was a supposedly a typhoon in Tokyo so flight was delayed 2 hours. I think the food is getting worse since my last flight! One of the offerings was a mini sandwich with simply cucumber and mayonnaise. The apples for breakfast did not look fresh. They were brown already so it was not appetizing! Air Canada's IFE is good lots of good movies to choose from! Cabin crew is where Air Canada really need to improve on their international flights! Although at least 70% of the crew were very pleasant there are some of the older ladies who just seemed like they were above it all. One hostess was emotionless when distributing food she just put it straight on our table and left.

Air Canada customer review

AC Jazz and Express from YTZ-YQB via YUL was a breeze in spite of heavy fog and two cancellations the ground staff at Billy Bishop Airport was very helpful and respectful to passengers. AC Jazz from YQB to YYZ was smooth and the flight attendants were great. It was a smooth and pleasant flight back to Toronto.

Air Canada customer review

San Francisco-Vancouver-Tokyo-Calgary-San Francisco 8/25/13-9/7/13. Absolutely terrible experience with this airline. The agent in San Francisco was extremely rude and unfriendly to all the passengers she served including us. The flight attendants particularly on the return flight from Tokyo were also rude to passengers to the point of eye-rolling with polite requests for drinks. I fly often and have not experienced this degree of rude service both on the ground and in the air in many years.

Air Canada customer review

Took Air Canada on our flights from Zurich via Toronto to Mexico City and return all business/first: On long haul flights over the Atlantic (both ways). Entertainment system broke down regularly on both Atlantic flights (several restarts necessary for the whole cabin). No coffee or tea on overnight flight for breakfast (customers were very happy about that). Headsets are fixed to infrastructure - cable in my face. Both toilets in business class with no water for handwash after 2 hour flight. Seats and surrounding not very clean. Meals: just the absolute necessity but not an inch more! Compared to Swiss Emirates Singapore or Lufthansa business class: not worth the money and real hygiene problems!

Air Canada customer review

Latest flight YVR-YYZ. Flight was overbooked (as usual) therefore it took awhile before I got my seat. No food despite the fact it is a 4.5 hour flight. Airplane was old seats were not leather. No complaints about the crew. TV screen in the seat in front so that was good. Ticket price - $335 OW if purchased RT - no discount. Barely any legroom.

Air Canada customer review

Flight from YYC to IAH in Executive Class was just OK. Food was horrible but the flight service director did his job well. Flight from CUN to YYC in Executive Class was one of the best flights I've been on. The food on this segment was much better but what made is so great was the cheerfulness and helpfulness of the flight service director. Drinks were always topped up and staff made sure everyone was comfortable and asked if there was anything else they needed even though it was a full flight. A pleasant surprise from Air Canada.

Air Canada customer review

Had a very good experience flying from London Heathrow to Toronto via Chicago on 23/8/13. Everything from booking the flight customer service before flight and during flight checking in boarding aircraft comfort on board good connecting service and the same on direct return flight everything was great. Competitive price as well.

Air Canada customer review

I fly regularly on the Boston to Toronto route and Air Canada always disappoints. On my most recent trip I tried to check my bag in at the gate which I have done many times before) because I didn't want to have to lift my bag into the overhead bin on the plane as I am 7 months pregnant. I was told not to do that since the bag was small and there was plenty of space on the plane and someone would help me. When I got on the plane and asked the steward if he could help me put my bag up in the overhead bin he took a look at my bag and asked 'Is it really that heavy?'. He told me a passenger would help me! Just downright rude. They always seem to set the bar for the worst customer experience whether it has been when I have missed a flight or their policies with respect to gate checking strollers and car seats. They are by far the worst airline to travel with children.

Air Canada customer review

Terrible flight to and from Greece. Freezing cabin and rude stewardesses. Food worst I have tasted. Seats very uncomfortable asked for blankets and was asked if I was sick? We had exit rows and they would not turn down the air conditioning. The entire plane was freezing. Then when we arrived in Montreal to connect to Toronto they said the flights were cancelled and they would have to see what they could do the next day. My son had taken another flight and was left waiting at the airport in Toronto for us. They were not willing to help or guide and people were scrambling to try to get out on a flight that evening to Toronto. Every year we say never again this experience was the last straw.

(Turkey)

ADB-IST-YYZ-YUL return in economy on 14 August. First flight on Turkish from Izmir code share. Even though a code share flight they couldn't give me my AC boarding passes and told me my luggage would go through to Montreal but I had to check in at AC in Istanbul. Too many people scheduled to be an A320 switched to a A340 at last minute leading to delays leaving Izmir. Arrived in Istanbul we were taken to a remote stand and finally bussed to the domestic terminal. Dashed to the international terminal reps for AC were waiting all smiles and no problems got my two remaining boarding passes. Massive line at immigration control to leave. I went to the front and asked some people if they would let me go ahead as my flight had already started to board. Just made it to my flight to Toronto. Once on board a perfect as a flight in economy could be. Excellent flight attendants professional and friendly. Drinks then a wonderful meal of lamb. Plenty of water runs snack part way through self service drinks and snacks in galley. Another meal 1.5 hrs before landing chicken again excellent. B767 had been refurbished excellent seats comfortable and entertainment system first rate with plenty of choices. Bags didn't make it to YYZ Turkish Airlines fault but AC was very good about getting them to me in Ottawa to my hotel 2 days later. Transfer to YUL smooth good short flight. Return flights again on AC from YUL-YYZ-IST on 23 Aug very good great service by caring crew as outbound. Equipment change again in IST to ADB on THY code share seat changed. Flight short and ok. Overall Air Canada has a great product as I have flown this route over the last 10 years using Turkish Airlines Air France KLM and Lufthansa. The price I paid was cheaper then the rest the flight attendants are what made the difference so nice and accommodating as well as good food for economy. I will keep using AC now that they are flight to IST from Canada.