Delta Air Lines

"crew wanted to be anywhere else"

Trip Verified |  Considering my review below, this was surprising. Mediocre at best. Seat etc was fine but so much was not. To start, some( not all) of the crew was grouchy or impersonal. A few were great. Second, at the gate free fast Wi-Fi was announced, neither was true. Once we crossed the coast line wi fi shut off for the rest of the trip.The crew insisted that was normal but considering on the same flight(reverse direction) same type aircraft we had full service, that just wasn’t true. One crew member quie2tly agreed and didn’t understand. In any case at least half the fee should be refunded (good luck to me.) The food was mediocre at best.In between the meal and snack only chips and cookies were available (10 1/2 hour trip) IFE was fine. I guess real complaint was a majority of crew who wanted to be anywhere else.
AircraftA330-300
RouteAtlanta to Honolulu

"everything was PERFECT"

Trip Verified |  A really good experience. Because these are the old LATAM jets with 2-2-2 seating I was expecting a second rate trip. I was wrong. Seat was more comfortable than Delta Suites for sleeping. Crew was great. Warm and proactive service from start to finish. Skipped dinner 1130pm departure) so I could sleep but breakfast 1 1/2 before landing was quite good. Didn’t watch anything but wi fi was great. Arrived early, everything was perfect.
AircraftA350L
RouteSantiago to Atlanta
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"first class was good except the crew"

Trip Verified | I do not know if I will fly Delta again. Their first class was good except the crew, never said hi or anything nice. They just grunted a lot to us. I know it is a hard job for them.
RouteSacramento to New York JFK via Atlanta
Date FlownMarch 2023

“economy seat was super comfortable”

Not Verified | Delta Airlines is the best airline I’ve ever flown. Our flight was not delayed, I got free access to the Delta Sky Club and I didn’t even have a membership. The economy seat was super comfortable, and we got seatback entertainment. They offered earplugs, and headphones to listen to the back entertainment. It works super well. There were so many options to choose from. They were passing out dinner. But I just got a cranberry cocktail And some cookies. We had the smoothest landing I have ever seen. If you haven’t flown Delta before, I recommend it on your next trip. The staff are super kind, on time, departure, and arrival, and it really feels like your first class in economy. The only thing that I recommend out for is the prices. For example, I flew around Christmas time, which is pretty expensive for Delta airlines. So if you want to fly, Delta, fly around February. That’s the best prices to fly with Delta but other than that, I highly recommen, was very satisfied.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RouteAtlanta to Seattle
Date FlownDecember 2023

“nothing to complain about”

Trip Verified | Excellent experience except for the dinner which was fine no wow. Overnight flight, lie flat seat. Extremely comfortable flight made better by an attentive, friendly cabin crew. On time departure and early arrival. Entertainment was great. Literally nothing to complain about. Solid experience.
RouteHonolulu to Atlanta
Date FlownFebruary 2024

“Delta is refusing to engage with me”

Not Verified | I booked a long haul flight from Chicago to Tokyo with a layover in Detroit. The flight from Chicago to Detroit got delayed 3 hours, rendering my connecting flight impossible to catch. The only choice they gave me was to take a different flight at a different airport with a different airline. I recognised this new flight from when I was booking flights and it was significantly cheaper than my original. It was, after all, a much worse airline. So I wanted to be compensated for the price difference and the taxi fare to the different airport ($86). Delta is categorically refusing to engage with me on this because it was a "weather delay" and therefore "out of their control." Well it was not in my control either. I paid for a service, I did not receive it. Why should I pay for a service I did not receive? If I go to a steakhouse and order a $500 wagyu steak, but they tell me they're out of the wagyu and instead give me a cheap rubbery $10 steak, then insist on charging me the $500 of the wagyu, that would be grounds for a lawsuit. Why should this be any different?
RouteChicago to Tokyo via Detroit
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"Questioning if I will fly Delta again"

Trip Verified | Questioning myself if I will fly Delta again! My flight schedule was to depart from Guatemala at 8:15AM as we were already in the waiting room one hour before the scheduled time, changed the departure to 1:00 PM that is almost 5 hours delayed, and 4 hours later the again changed the schedule to 2:00 PM. That is now 6 hours delayed and still with a question mark as the luggage is outside the plane. I complained to them over messages and they lied to me that it was for bad weather and an hour later another airline departed to LA with no delays. Later I convinced the to tell me the “truth” that it was for maintenance issues. Regardless I believe Delta has serious problems with their existing management as last week my niece had the same problem. Their agents or people responding are very polite trying to compensate for the bad experience but the root of this problem is coming from their managers.
RouteGuatemala to Los Angeles
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"Super disappointed in Delta"

Not Verified | Flight was fine. Food (roast beef salad) was quite good. Good service in first class. We unfortunately missed our return flight. We arrived at the counter 43 minutes before takeoff, 7 minutes before boarding and were told we were too late and couldn’t check in. The airport was empty. We are TSA pre-checked and priority with purchased first class tickets. There was absolutely no effort by the counter agent to try to help us on to the flight. Just a shrug. She did try to help us book other flights, which would have been a red eye, losing first class seats and flying coach for a leg for one of us, and cost an extra $2000 per ticket on top of our already purchased first class seats. Thankfully we were able to see on our phone that we could fly first class on American to our destination with a far better schedule for only $1223 each first class. I have never experienced such an utter lack of effort on the part of an airline to get a customer on their flight. Super disappointed in Delta
RouteSan Antonio to Las Vegas
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"would definitely fly Delta again"

Trip Verified | Flew roundtrip from DFW-BOS. Both inbound and outbound legs were on A220-100. This is an awesome aircraft very similar to the A220-300. The engines are very quiet and the seats wider than bigger single aisle planes and very comfortable. Overhead bins large enough to accommodate carry on bags. Bathrooms are very spacious more so than on larger B737 or A320s. No delay inbound to BOS; however the outbound flight to DFW was delayed by 2h 30m because of the winter storms. Delta through its mobile app and messaging kept us informed of each and every flight delay update. Although delayed we were glad to be home rather than being stranded in BOS. WiFi worked flawlessly on both flights. Cabin crews were very friendly offering snacks and water periodically throughout the flight. The DFW-BOS nonstop is a new route for Delta and I would definitely fly Delta again.
AircraftAirbus A220-100
RouteDallas Ft Worth to Boston
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"Total lack of customer service"

Trip Verified |  Platinum Medallion member. Wallet was stolen on a trip, and presented ticket and official ID. Was allowed in every airport lounge except Atlanta. Total lack of customer service, inconsistent practices and the workers looked as though they couldn’t care less. RUN. BAD AIRLINE
RoutePhoenix to Columbus