Delta Air Lines

"terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | If you like having your flights delayed, being lied to, incompetent employees and terrible customer service then Delta is for you. We arrived at 0530 for a flight to LAX for a cruise. They were so unequipped, the didn’t check the maintenance of their aircraft, chemicals used to de ice the wings and will not give you a refund. We boarded and de-boarded three different planes. The first one didn’t have de-icing for the wings, the second one sat on the tarmac for two hours and was taken to the hanger for maintenance and the final one didn’t have fuel and needed over 10000 gallons to be filled. My family tried to get off and they refused because they had shut the door. We missed our paid for cruise due to their lies, negligence, incompetent management and delay after delay after delay. Delta employees, including the pilot, told us we would make it in time for the cruise. We sat for over 9 hours, our cruise left at 3:30 and we touched down at 3:30. They gave us half of our ticket price, a hotel that was completely booked because of all the delays and the only reason they gave us the vouchers was because it was maintenance problems. If it is the weather causing delay they don't give you anything. We had to pay 400 dollars to fly out, rent a van for 130 for two days of use, buy our own hotel rooms because the one they gave us didn’t have any extra rooms. Today we fly out, scheduled to depart at 7 o'clock and the expected departure is 2300.
RouteLos Angeles to Boise
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"never use this airline again"

Not Verified | Our flight to Kona was in economy, and we paid extra for "premium economy" seating on the return. Delta's boarding process is chaotic, resembling a free-for-all for the last groups to board. Economy passengers were allowed to board after everyone else. The frustration arises when individuals unrelated to Business or First class board ahead of families. Consequently, families end up sitting apart from each other. I strongly discourage choosing their "Premium Economy," as it doesn't provide the promised better seating. Despite paying extra, we experienced no improvement during our two layovers on the return flight. Business class, First class, and other groups board first, rendering the premium upgrade ineffective. I will never use this airline again. The only positive aspect was the seats themselves. Including TVs would be beneficial as well, especially considering the chaotic situation they have created.
RouteSalt Lake City to Kona
Date FlownOctober 2023

"it has gone downhill"

Not Verified | Delta used to be good, but now it has gone downhill. We couldn't take our flight and they emailed and said will issue a full credit back to my bank. But they lied and no refund ever happened. When we asked they ended up giving us an ecredit $400 short of our original payment! Be aware this company will not do what it promises.
RouteLos Angeles to London
Date FlownDecember 2023

"will never fly Delta ever again"

Not Verified | This airline unnecessarily harassed me repeatedly for no reason. I have a physical disability and was offered zero assistance with my bags while other passengers in the exact same position during pre boarding were all offered this help. Before I could ask for help the attendants literally turned their back on me. I was told I couldn’t have my small 3inch by 2 inch bag was too big to keep on my person and/or the seat in front of me and instead the attendant took it from me to place in a “safe place” of her own choosing. I feel this is entirely unprofessional and unnecessary. I fly constantly and have never had any of this happen before. I’ll be surprised if they actually have a wheelchair waiting for me as requested over 48 hours ago after this flight. I will never fly Delta ever again. The attendants are on a weird power trip that has absolutely zero to do with safety or protocol.
RouteNew York to Washington

"Terrible experience"

(Croatia)

Trip Verified | Terrible experience! The flight was late 2 hours and 20 minutes. In Atlanta we were running to catch their flight to Amsterdam. Worst company ever.
RouteMontego Bay to Atlanta
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"don’t care about their customers"

Not Verified | Delta Air Lines is worse than the worst! I can’t believe how they treat their customers. I got tickets from San Diego to Shanghai and it turned to be worst experience ever. I wish I got economy of United or something. In two flights that I had with them they delayed them more than 5 times, that’s a record, not a good one though. My flight from San Diego to Seattle was delayed more than hour and so I got to the gate at Seattle for my Shanghai trip, 10 mins before flight and they didn’t let me in cause the gate was closed. They closed them 15 mins before flight so if they waited 5 mins for me and another travelers, we would’ve made it. They could see the first flight was delayed, the first flight was also delta but they didn’t wait even 5mins. The story gets better: They rescheduled my flight for tomorrow, they offered a 3 star hotel and only one voucher for a meal for 15$. I paid 8k on my ticket and that’s how they treated once I missed my flight due to their technical issues. The day after, I was at the airport for my second flight 3 hours before departure at 11:37am. Guess what? It got delayed! Once to 2pm, once gain to 3:16, and again to 4:20pm!!! All due to maintenance!! Right before boarding for 4:20, they delayed it again to 5:20pm because they didn’t have enough crew! To make it right, they sent out a 15$ meal voucher, how generous! Never fly with Delta! They don’t care about their customers at all.
RouteSan Diego to Shanghai via Seattle
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"nothing for platinum members anymore"

Not Verified | It’s such a shame, because remember growing up hearing about Delta and the wonderful high-class experience, it used to be and my husband and I even use them for our honeymoon and we qualified for the Sky club for platinum members and it was such a wonderful experience and now they’ve taken away all of the wonderful things that used to make Delta so special. Now they’re just some regular poor airline like every other poor airline and there’s nothing for platinum members anymore. It’s like they don’t care about anyone anymore only money just like everybody else.
RouteAtlanta to Santa Ana
Date FlownJuly 2023

"a lack of respect for the customers"

Not Verified | I had meticulously planned, reserved, and paid for my ticket months in advance. However, I encountered an unexpected time change that resulted in the loss of a day of work and pay. Moreover, my daughter, who was scheduled to pick me up from LAX, also had to call out of work on short notice to accommodate my arrival. This inconvenience not only impacted our schedules but also resulted in a full day of lost wages for both of us. While I understand that unforeseen circumstances can arise, what concerns me is the lack of explanation or communication regarding this time change. As a conscientious traveler, I believe it is essential to be informed of any alterations to the scheduled itinerary, especially when such changes can have a significant impact on personal and professional commitments. Just because the airline may have included it in fine print somewhere does not give them the right to change things without reason or explanation. The unexpected adjustment not only disrupted my carefully planned schedule but also led to an unplanned day off from work, incurring additional costs and inconveniences. Despite my attempts to call, I was put on hold for hours, and every time someone picked up, they transferred me to someone else without offering any explanation for deciding to switch my flight. This lack of communication not only created other inconveniences but also resulted in additional expenses. I believe this shows a lack of respect for the customers.
RouteBoston to Los Angeles
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"I am currently still stranded"

Trip Verified | I am flying alone with 2 children, and on the way back my first leg of the trip was canceled. Delta didn’t give me any options just offered to refund me. Not even able to reach an actual person to talk to, only AI available. I am currently still stranded and Delta just send me a message saying that they had no alternative. I bought my ticket at delta website
RoutePorto to Los Angeles via Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2023

"Stuck in Seattle for hours"

Not Verified | Unreliable. Stuck in Seattle for hours. Reliability is key when traveling. I will avoid Delta Airlines and Seattle Airport in the future. Overall lame.
RouteTucson to Portland