Delta Air Lines

(Ecuador)

Round-trip flight from Quito Ecuador to Birmingham Alabama with one stop in Atlanta. The check in process was difficult since we are foreigners trying to leave the country. Nothing against Delta. The delta gate agents went through 3 security procedures before we even lined up to go to the plane. I think it was the airport's rules. I flew a Delta 757-200 to Atlanta on a red-eye flight. We took off around 11.40 pm and we started flying over the Pacific Ocean. There was no personal entertainment on this type of aircraft so we were forced to watch a movie. They started serving "breakfast" around 1.20 am. "Breakfast" was a cold turkey and mayonnaise sandwich fruit and a brownie. They took they tray away and we did not eat anything else. Around 5.00 am we started our descent into Atlanta. The landing was smooth and we soon de-boarded and headed through immigration to board our next 56 min flight to Birmingham. Atlanta airport is very confusing as to where restaurants and lounges are. We boarded our MD88 to Birmingham. Since it was an hour flight they should have served us something but the didn't. We landed in Birmingham smoothly.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Narita - Bangkok June 13 Business Elite 747. Slight delay due to hold for other delayed inbound flights but all in all an excellent flight. Chief Purser was an experienced friendly (old school) gentleman who worked hard to insure good service. Seat was a comfortable lie flat pod offering more privacy than the first class American 777 I had just connected from. Decent food with even a light second offering before landing. Excellent entertainment options offered. I would certainly do this again.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flight from NY La Guardia to Cleveland OH at 01.15am email said flight would be delayed by 2 hours. Delayed our taxi to airport by 2 hours. Got to airport to find flight now cancelled but no email communication from Delta no phone call just the pleasure of an extra 1.5 hours at the airport as they had rebooked us onto 3.20 flight. Staff no training in apologising to passengers for inconvenience - staff couldn't give a damn. Although travelling with my husband they couldn't be bothered to sit us together. So was the flight cancelled for bad weather? I don't think so. Too many additional reasons given eg staff not able to fly as on duty too long etc. We then discovered that the earlier flight had been cancelled too. Could this have been about consolidation. Advice don't travel with them if you can avoid them.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Originally I had a 2 hour layover. Delta changed our flights to a 4 hour layover. The plane now has been delayed another 20 minutes so my family of 6 and I are at the airport right now for a 4.5 hour layover. This is not acceptable Delta should do something about this. Fly with an airline that cares. It's surely not Delta!

Delta Air Lines customer review

We flew paid business class fares in Delta's Business Elite LAX to SYD and SYD to LAX in the forward B/E cabin on Delta's 777-200LR. We checked in using the kiosks in Delta's terminal and went through security quickly (we are both Global Entry/Precheck). The Delta SkyClub at LAX which doubles as Delta's business class lounge was crowded noisy and inferior in all respects to the business class lounges operated by other carriers to Australia we've flown on (ANZ and QF). For what it's worth Delta uses the ANZ business class lounge in Sydney and in all respects it's superior to Delta's SkyClub. The flight was delayed. Despite Delta's explanations the real reason for the constant late departures is that Sydney's airport operates under a curfew. It's the same problem coming back to LAX as ICE/Customs don't start clearing baggage/passengers until 8am - resulting in people sitting on the plane for a fair amount of time following arrival. Once in the air the flight itself was OK. The Delta flatbed seat on the 777-200 is adequate but inferior to the seats on ANZ's 777 and the QF A380 - both of those airlines provide business class passengers with a mattress that is laid over the top of the seat when reclined. The meal service both directions was in all respects inferior to business class meal services on ANZ QF and CX. The portions are tiny and the food itself is mediocre. The cabin crew LAX to SYD was OK but the crew returning SYD- LAX was disorganized distracted and not terribly personable. Delta's AVOD system on its 777 aircraft is antiquated. The pop-out monitors will not stay upright - many passengers around us had this problem. The moving map and flight information displays need to be updated. The headphones provided by Delta are supposed to be noise cancelling but don't work well (we both use Bose Quiet Comfort 15 headphones so it really didn't matter). Given the cost of business class tickets and all things being equal the only thing Delta has going for it on its 777 service to/from SYD is the privacy and relative quiet of its herringbone seating arrangement. Otherwise based on any other criteria you choose to use Delta's product is inferior compared to the other carriers we have flown on to/from Australia and New Zealand (ANZ QF and CX). We can't recommend Delta for business class to/from Sydney.

Delta Air Lines customer review

I flew from Heathrow to Seattle. To be honest I was dreading the flight as I had read some really bad reviews of Delta. But it was excellent. The seat back screens were the biggest I have seen in Economy - with a great selection of films TV shows and music. The food whilst being obviously "airline food" was nice enough and lots of it. They listed only one meal - lunch - on the website but they served two more rounds of snacks throughout the flight - an ok sandwich and a really nice calzone. The staff were really friendly as well. Again I was dreading the service as a lot of other reviews mentioned their bad attitude. But the ones on my flight were lovely. Not sure if this is a sign of better things to come from Delta or by the fact that the route is brand new for them but it was a great flight.

Delta Air Lines customer review

I was a bit stubborn about flying Delta for the first time since I'm a fan of Frontier and I don't fly very often about once every three to four years. I took flight 1531 from MSP to BWI and I was very impressed. We left on time and the crew was friendly. After this experience I am very eager to fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines customer review

JFK-LHR. Had a great on time flight out of JFK with Delta. I found the service friendly and food was great. Constantly coming through the cabin with refreshments certainly not dehydrated at the end of the flight. Only criticism was when we were coming in to land into London the cabin crew did not ask passengers to raise their closed window blinds which made me feel a little unsafe sitting in the middle seats as I couldn't see what was going on outside during landing. The flight attendant told me after it's not US policy to raise the window blinds Delta why not just make it part of your safety policy. Would fly them again.

Delta Air Lines customer review

My wife and I fly frequently and over the last couple of years have found ourselves on Delta a couple of times. Each of the prior trips found delays once missing a connecting flight due directly to the incompetence of Delta personnel. I wrote this off I. The past but today is the final straw. We flew from San Antonio to Atlanta to catch a connecting flight to Milan for a long awaited vacation. As we were boarding the 767 in Atlanta I noticed the port engine nacelle was open. Once we were buckled in the captain announced that maintenance was waiting on a part and it would take up to an hour to depart. An hour goes by and they have the part but they can't get it installed. Another hour goes by. They're still trying to fix it. More excuses more delays. Never again Delta this was strike three!

Delta Air Lines customer review

DL 1134 PBI-ATL. Great ground experience. Inbound flight late prior to equipment arrival gate agents asked for volunteers to check baggage at no charge to destination to speed up boarding and ease overheads. Turn around was 25 minutes gate arrival-departure. Plane was clean crew greeted boarding passengers with genuine smiles. They assisted loading overheads with no attitude. In flight they chatted with passengers. Crew even made the cart in aisle/trip to lav a pleasant game of I move/you move. I was in a time warp. Flying was fun. Three more flights on Delta that week were routine but what an experience this one flight was.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy