Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines customer review

SIN-NRT-SIN. Economy. Delta may fail to meet expectation of many people who fly within the States but for international flight I find they do pretty well. The flight for both legs was on time and actually arrived 30 minutes earlier than scheduled. I love their B777-200LR. I understand that Delta is an American airline so the seat was designed for a typical Caucasian. Thus the seat appears bigger and gave me more than enough space for the size of a typical Asian without upgrading my ticket. Meals were nice with various choice of beverage. There were a lot of choices for IFE from movies to music. Flight attendants were quite nice and helpful. The only minus point probably is long process of check-in at Changi (my bags were checked 3 times before boarding) which I understand due to fear of terror on flights to the US. Overall it was still a good experience especially the first time with Delta. I would definitely fly with them again for my trip to the USA some time in the future.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flying round trip from Columbus OH to Las Vegas through Detroit. Jan 3-6 2014. Delta gate agents are rude and abrupt. They were late getting me to my connection in DTW due to computer problems during boarding at the gate in Columbus. I made it to the gate in DTW 12 min before departure but the agent had given away my seat and said sternly that it was to late and to go complain at gate A43. I did and they told me to call customer service. I did that and they said they cant do anything because I need to talk to a gate agent. They gave me the run around and really did not care. Flying home was more mechanical problems. I wound up having to sleep in DTW airport. No hotels available. When I boarded flight DL6121 the agent was slow. I fly for work and will no longer fly Delta. The ground crew and flight crew were all great and concerned for the safety of the passengers. The gate agents lack any general concern for customers safety comfort or well being.
Value For Money N/A

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flew from LAX to Haneda (12/22/2013) and from Narita to LAX (12/29/2013). Flights were on time in fact earlier than scheduled. Flight attendants were very courteous not typical of attendants of United States airlines. The online check in and baggage drop center that takes baggage more than 3 hours before flight time make travel a breeze.

Delta Air Lines customer review

I flew during the chaos caused by the weather the delays wer understandable. Leaving mass the staff at Logan assisted me with my sick child by being attentive and making us as comfortable as they could. When we stopped in JFK again the staff were very pleasant while we waited 3 hours to board to Dominican Rep. Staff did what they could to keep passengers entertained. On the other hand I feel like customer service stops in the US while in the Dominican Rep I felt like I was dealing with a whole different airline. staff were rude and inconsiderate. Delta needs to take time to train their Dominican staff.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Delta Air Lines customer review

I was on this flight which was delayed by over 2 hours in Atlanta and never once were we given the reason for the delay. That's fine. A delay is a delay. Here is where it gets interesting. Once we boarded this old DC plane the cabin crew promptly made an announcement that they had "forgotten" to load water to the tanks. So even though the flush would work there would be no water from the faucets to wash our hands. Instead there was just a bottle of water kept in the toilet. Yes that was my Delta experience! I met another traveler in Mexico a few days later who apparently flew the same flight two days later and had the same water issue. This really explains why I should avoid Delta in the future! Absolutely no customer service.

(Philippines)

Economy Comfort Manila to Tokyo Narita. The extra $39 is well worth it. Much more peaceful cabin and priority boarding. The extra recline and seat pitch really made a difference. Flight attendants anticipated the needs of passengers. consistently offering snacks and refreshments. they were very courteous and tried to address the concerns of passengers as best they can. I also appreciated the fact that they took the extra effort of addressing me by my name. It was very thoughtful of them.

Delta Air Lines customer review

DL0117 on 12/29/13 STR to ATL on 767-300ER. 1x2x1 config in Delta's premium cabin remains unbeatable service levels w/Delta generally consistent. This flight even surprised on the upside: excellent menu out of STR and a top notch cabin crew. Is it a throw back to times past when an attendant cares to monitor your Scotch remains 'easy ice' i.e. bring an additional ice cube when needed and without being prodded? That was a crew that made it a joy to fly over the Holidays. Delta wins on many levels these days.

Delta Air Lines customer review

New Orleans to Boston. A blizzard was headed for the Boston area and delays were expected. Was charged $100 because my luggage was 2.3 lbs over weight. I asked a man working at the ticket area to help me transfer to an earlier flight in order to beat the storm. He told me he would put me on standby and directed me toward a gate. Lady at the gate told me I'd have to wait an hour till she could answer any of my questions. Went back to the desk an hour later and told that the man at the check in desk must have made a mistake and that I had not been put on standby. Lady then put me in standby and told me she would call my name if a seat opened up. Everyone began to board the flight and my name had not been called just as they were closing the gate the lady yelled at me to get on the plane. Ran down the ramp. Flight staff were OK landed a little early. Things went much smoother in Atlanta.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Florida to Seattle flights delayed due to weather and would miss connection in Atlanta. Understandable. Ticket agent wanted to send me to Atlanta and sit on standby. Whereby I was not guaranteed a seat and no hotel meal compensation. Had agent book me on flight early next day instead. Booked seat from Florida to Atlanta but no seat booked from Atlanta to Seattle by agent and now on standby. Tried to assign seat over internet but was blocked because agent put me on standby. Called Delta and was informed that the airport agents now had control and could not book a seat. Told telephone agent to let me speak to supervisor as I was looking at 25 empty seats on their website. Agent spoke to supervisor and supervisor assigned me a seat. Now why couldn't other agent have done that hours earlier? Arrived at baggage check-on area (already had boarding passes) for "red-eye" return trip from Seattle. Stood in line watching understaffed agents for 20 minutes and was told when we finally got to the front of the line that we had missed the baggage check-in window by 3 minutes. Keep in mind we had already stood in line 20 minutes. Told to go to the Special Services line. Got in Special Services line and stood for 15 minutes. By now not only had my wife and I missed checking our bags but we had now missed the flight. Told by "red coated" Supervisor is that all they could do was put us on standby for a 11.25 pm "red-eye" flight with no guarantee we could even get on the plane as there were no seats available. As we pointed out how long we stood in their lines the "red coat" got surly and told us that this was our only choice. She would not help us with a room or meals. We asked about a trip the next day which she booked us on that left at 11.45 am. Now 13 hours later. When we asked where we could find a hotel she pointed the directions to the hotel board center and basically said we were on our own. The last straw was they lost our baggage on the return flight. Finally came in on the next flight after midnight next day.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Delta Air Lines customer review

2 hours flight between Atlanta and Nassau. Business class ticket. Very old and noisy aircraft (MD88). Business class seats OK. Sky Priority boarding. Except bananas and bretzel and drinks do not expect any meal served at dinner time even for a 1500 USD ticket. No lounge access for this international destination except if you have the right frequent flyer status. I will avoid to fly them again for this amount of money.