Delta Air Lines

"have just run out of care"

Trip Verified | I completely understand we had this horrible snow storm 2 weeks ago (I am in FL and it snowed here) so I get it that delays were caused. I'm not complaining about our flight being rebooked, or anything else weather related. I am complaining because I spoke with and saw a number of Delta representatives, all of which were told we were traveling with infants and none of them printed infant tickets causing us to be seconds away from missing our flight sucks. Our luggage was lost in JFK (I say lost because no one could tell me where it was) and the average wait to get luggage was 1.5-2 hours and we had to wait 4. Our items were damaged and missing the Delta representatives are clearly sick of speaking with customers because they are all extremely rude and have just run out of care to give to their customers. So Delta you clearly owe your reps some lunch or a bonus or something because they are making matters so much worse by just not caring. Now I have filled a claim online for my damaged items however the website would only accept one upload, so I have no idea if you got the picture of the damaged personal items, luggage, or car seat but I'll be more than happy to go over all the information with someone in the estimated 6-8 weeks I was told it would take for a Delta claim member to follow up.
RouteJacksonville to New York via Atlanta
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"not able to get the necessary information"

Trip Verified | I choose Delta Air Lines as it was the only airline flying direct to Cleveland from New York, all the others had a stop over which was not convenient. I was coming in internationally from Cairo, Egypt and had a transit time of 3.5 hours. After a 12 hour flight I was not notified that my flight had been canceled. JFK airport wifi is not very good so I was not able to get the necessary information. I claimed my luggage and went to the check in desk and to my surprise they had canceled and rebooked me for next day, it was very urgent that I fly out. Delta did not assist me with any hotel booking, I booked and paid for one for myself and being a first class passenger I was extreamly disappointed. Now we are trying to change tickets online and due to the restrictions on my ticket I am unable to do so online, furthermore their hotline is hopeless giving you a wait time of 2 hours call back and they don't call back!
AircraftCJR900
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteNew York JFK to Cleveland, Ohio

"the worst experience"

Trip Verified | Raleigh Durham to Seattle via Atlanta. My initial flight was from RDU to SEA on 01/08/18 early morning reaching SEA at 9:30am. Then Delta had a scheduled flight change and the arrival time in SEA got changed to 10:20am. I had an important meeting to attend at noon on 01/08 so I requested Delta to put me on a flight on 01/07 night instead which they did. My new flight was from RDU to SEA via ATL with a stopover of 45 minutes. The flight from RDU to ATL got delayed by 15 minutes. The RDU ATL flight arrived at gate B18 and the ATL SEA flight was from gate E6. Why would they even suggest such an itinerary with 45 minutes of stopover. I ran my heart out and reached gate E6 10 minutes before departure but the door had already closed. There were plenty of other passengers with me. Could they not have waited for 10 more minutes? Was it so difficult to see that there are other people connecting to this flight who had landed just 10 minutes before, more so given the fact that the flight was the last flight for the night to SEA from ATL? After that, I got rebooked on a flight to SEA via SLC reaching SEA at 12:30pm on 01/08. So basically the reason why I prepone my flight to 01/07 in order to reach on time for my meeting, you are now taking me to SEA even after my original direct flight from RDU to SEA. I told the gate agent about that and she was outright rude. I said I have to attend the meeting and I will take a non delta flight and reach SEA on time for my meeting. She told me that I wont get any refund since I am already rebooked on a different flight. So basically I ended up spending the whole night in ATL, waiting 4 hours in the terminal to get my bag out, and then ended up taking a 6:15am Alaska flight to SEA. I would never ever travel on Delta again. This was the worst experience I ever had and the gate agents and customer support is no good and outright rude.
RouteRaleigh Durham to Seattle via Atlanta
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"last time I fly with Delta"

Trip Verified | New York to Atlanta. Delta lost my bag on my way to New York. When I created the mishandled baggage claim for the item, I was told that it would arrive at JFK at 9 that night, Friday, January 5th, and be sent to our hotel immediately so we would have the bag by the next morning at the latest. By Sunday, our bag hadn't arrived and we had spent four plus hours on hold collectively. We arrived at the airport for our return trip, hoping to collect our bag there and depart. At one terminal, we were given the exact location of the bag and when we arrived there, were asked to wait for over an hour to get the location of the bag, which I already had. There were hundreds of bags misplaced and Delta was very inneffective at fixing the issue and almost made us late for our return flight, which was subsequently delayed by an hour, thirty minutes of which we spent sitting on the runway. This is the last time I fly with Delta or use the JFK airport.
RouteNew York to Atlanta
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"dissatisfied with my experience "

Trip Verified | San Diego to Syracuse. I'm extremely dissatisfied with my experience with Delta. After arriving at San Diego International Airport at 430am for my 7am departure our flight was delayed over and hour. This delay was not due to weather. We landed at JFK Airport and we waited well over a half hour to even get off to a gate to de-board. This caused me to miss my layover to Syracuse, NY. Although Delta did pay for the next flight out to Syracuse, NY via Delta airlines, this turned into a 4 hour layover. Now that we are finally ready to depart from JFK and finally on my way home after an exhausting day of unexpected travel, we are again delayed not due to weather but waiting an another plan to land so other customers can make this connecting flight. We were supposed to depart at 856 and it's been 40 minutes. Yes, I'm frustrated but also upset due to the inconsistency of the airline - why couldn't my Delta connection wait for all the passengers from JFK to Syracuse instead of leaving right at that moment.
RouteSan Diego to Syracuse
Date FlownDecember 2017

"no care, kindness or sympathy"

Trip Verified | New York to London. Got here at 5pm for our 8pm flight yesterday, endured 5hrs of gate changing and ridiculous excuses and lies. No available gate, waiting for Egyptair to finish. Prepping said plane, then more gate hopping for several hours. Back to waiting for Egyptair to get off. Waiting for cabin crew to prep - no cabin crew as they’ve finished their shift and we have to wait for the next cabin crew at unknown time of arrival Boarded a few people, then made them come off the plane as it was “too cold” as the engine had no fuel! Pilot didn’t even know how long it’d take. We have all collectively concluded that none of this was true and later found out that flights to London never take off from the gates we were made to hopscotch between. Then on the 7th hour at 2am we were told that the next flight was at 6:30PM. Queued for 3hrs just to ask a question which took us to 5am. With 13hrs wait time ahead of us, we were unable to leave and with zero facilities here, no shops open, no hotel rooms nearby, rude useless staff who kicked sleeping mothers and children out of airline lounges. Overheated space with nowhere to sit, no water offered and no care to those with young children. I saw so many dismissed and sent away from the airport without any care. Absolutely disgusted by all this. Only this morning they took the initiative to give out some drinks and muffins to those with newly delayed flights. Clearly the media’s hitting hard but what about the rest of us who endured 12hrs last night, held hostage and treated like cattle in dirt with no food or bedding? Utterly disgusting and to top it all off, my sister just asked for a pillow from a Delta employee and her rude response was “I was handing them out at 2 last night, they’re all gone, what do you want me to do about it?” No care, no kindness, no sympathy - just a mockery of what we’re having to go through.
RouteNew York to London

"Horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | I flew from New York to Las Vegas and back, both times were horrible experiences. First the airplane was super old and extremely dirty. We had checked a bag and there was only one rep. Second trip was even worse, will try to avoid them. Horrible customer service. They had switched my seats around. Right after purchase they extended the lay-over time and charged me to check in a carry on bag.
RouteLas Vegas to New York
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"will try to avoid using Delta"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Savannah. Delta has no sense of customer service at all. I purchased 5 first class tickets from Georgia to Colorado with a connection in Atlanta. Circumstances led my sister to need to fly out of Atlanta and return in Atlanta. (We knew we were losing the extra money for her Savannah flights but she was keeping her same seat on her Atlanta flights) I waited on hold for three hours to let Delta know she will no longer need the flights I paid for from Savannah to Atlanta and from Atlanta to Savannah. I was then informed it would cost an additional $448 to allow her to check in in Atlanta. As a result, she drove 3.5 hours to Savannah to make the Savannah flight. The day before the flight, I tried to check all of us in; however, my sister was no longer on the itinerary anywhere. So i waited an additional 1.5 hours to see why she was no longer on the itinerary. Turns out the delta rep who tried to change her flight information gave her a different itinerary number. To compensate, Delta gave us a $100 voucher to use to purchase any delta tickets. On the flight home she did not board as she needed to stay in Atlanta. So I allowed my nephew to sit in her seat that I already paid for. Deltas employees then made him get up and go to his assigned seat in the main cabin so one of their pilots could sit in the first class seat I paid for! Very unfortunate that Deltas employees choose to make sure they are comfortable rather than the paying customers. Extremely disappointed in this airline. I will not be recommending this airline and will try to avoid using Delta for future flights.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteAtlanta to Savannah
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Delayed both of my flights"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Norfolk. Delayed both of my flights one by 45 mins, the other by 1.5 hours because they didn't consider that a plane would need to be deiced in December flying through the Midwest or east coast - they delayed it 3 different times. Each flight they didn't tell me the 3rd time it got delayed, I found out at the airport. The first flight they didn't say anything at all at the counter I had to find it on a TV after we hadn't started boarding when we were supposed to, customer service is rude, they don't care about their customers, the boarding agents are angry and aggressive. Miserable experience and will never fly with them again
RouteAtlanta to Norfolk
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Delta would not help me that day"

Trip Verified | Detroit to Calgary via Montreal. I showed up late for my flight but I was still an hour in advance. A nice Delta employee tried to check me in anyway but then later she said they can't open the gates since flight is sold out and she said I must call WestJet. I called WestJet, on hold etc back and forth with them, to make a long story short they told me I must re-book with Delta who again (different person) they cannot help me and I must call WestJet. Out of frustration I left the airport since I wasn't getting anywhere and it had been 2 hours of trying to book another flight. I later booked with Expedia out of desperation since I needed to get back home to Calgary and flew out the next day same flight same airline (Westjet operated by Delta). No one will compensate me. I'm very disappointed that Delta would not help me that day.
RouteDetroit to Calgary via Montreal