Delta Air Lines

"another disappointing trip"

Trip Verified | Flew Tampa to Milwaukee. Wanted to give them another chance but was left with another disappointing trip. Bags were left in the rain after we were rushed to get on a plane that didn’t take off for another hour and a half. All our clothes are soaked and this will be the last time flying with Delta Air Lines.
RouteTampa to Milwaukee

"$75 dollar standby fee"

Trip Verified | Our flight from Kauai to Seattle left my family and me with a 4 hour layover before departing to Portland. (It only takes 2.5 hours to drive). A Delta flight with many seats available was departing 2 hours earlier. Delta however charges a $75 dollar standby fee per ticket to be bumped up to the earlier flight. Thats more than the cost of the original tickets. For a family of 4 thats an additional $300. This is why we will never fly Delta again.
RouteLihue to Portland via Seattle

"Horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Kona to San Francisco via Los Angeles. Never have I used such an unhelpful airline. Horrible customer service. I also flew Delta into Hawaii and the flight attendants were horrible and extremely unhelpful with helping me get overhead bin space, they would not help me figure out where my connecting gate was even though I had only 20 minutes to make that flight. On the way back the flight attendants were more helpful but when I arrived into LAX there was a flight leaving for SFO shortly so I asked if I could take the earlier flight so as to avoid waiting 2 hours in an overcrowded waiting room that did not have enough seats. I was told there was room and I could get on the earlier flight. Then my name was looked up and they told me that since I had an economy ticket I could not change anything and could not get on the earlier flight. I have never heard of an airline doing this - regardless of your ticket type, why would I not be able to get on the exact same flight 2 hours earlier while I was in the airport with no checked luggage. I am furious and will no longer be flying Delta.
RouteKona to San Francisco via Los Angeles
Date FlownApril 2018

"Customer service was horrible"

Trip Verified | Customer service was horrible once I reached Atlanta. I went from smiles and people willing to lend a hand to help us find where we were going to Delta employees who look at you not smiling, not engaging at all in conversation for directions, a lady who told me to keep watching the board for help and walked off. So very unprofessional! I loved my flight until I reached Atlanta and there found out I'm only a number.
RouteLas Vegas to Atlanta
Date FlownApril 2018

"customer support doesn't actually help customers"

Trip Verified | Airlines like Delta don't actually care about their customers. The lower level staff members generally do, but the company itself and higher ups (aka policy makers) clearly don't. The customer support team and staff agents are virtually powerless and can't really help customers when it matters. Policies are in place to prevent the customer support team from helping the customers by doing simple things like waiving fees or making flight changes easier. The only thing it seems like staff members have the authority to do is provide customers with an extra set of Biscoffs during in-flight service. It's unfortunate because I used to love Delta but now feel a strong sense of distrust and dissatisfaction with the brand. I don't matter to Delta and neither does my brand loyalty. The employees seemingly aren't allowed to make any changes that aid customers unless they charge them an arm and a leg first due to the company policies. Delta customer support doesn't actually help customers without charging them fees for ridiculous things like flight change despite already having forced customers to pay upwards for $25 dollars extra.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBoston to Columbus
Date FlownApril 2018

"Staff very friendly and supportive"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Orlando. Great service. Staff is very friendly and supportive. At first we didn't have a seat assignment. Then as a family with kids received almost entire row in comfort+. Checked carry one and forgot to pull out headsets. Crew gave us free of charge the Delta ones.
RouteSan Francisco to Orlando
Date FlownApril 2018

"inconsiderate of customers time"

Trip Verified | I am flying from Dallas to Detroit on a 7.15 am flight. Boarding ran smoothly and upon boarding the entire plane the flight crew mentioned a circuit problem in the cockpit. We were never told what the estimated delay time would be. After an hour of sitting on the plane we were told to deplane. The flight was going to be delayed for an hour and then when boarding time came around another 2 hours. At this point we are 4 hours out from our original departure time. Right as boarding was supposed to begin another hour was added to the delay. This is my first time flying alone. I am 18, unfamiliar with this airport. The pilot told us they checked the circuit at 7.10, when they realized there was an issue, 5 minutes before we were supposed to leave! Why wasn’t this examined prior to boarding an entire plane of people? This is unprofessional and inconsiderate of customers time and money. Not to mention that this was a connecting flight causing issues for many people on the plane to miss their next flight in Atlanta. I still have not boarded, so chances are that the flight will be delayed another hour. Bad service.
RouteDallas Fort Worth to Detroit
Date FlownApril 2018

"I seem to always regret it"

Trip Verified | Knoxville to Spokane via Minneapolis . I am not sure why I keep trying to fly Delta. I know this time it was to try to get home a little earlier. I seem to always regret it. This time I gate checked my bag to have it left on the tarmac. When I saw it, the employees would not give it to me saying that they could not give it to us because they didn't "know" that it was mine. Never mind that I could identify the bag and its contents!! Instead, we had to leave the terminal and claim it at baggage claim (how do they know it is my bag there when they have ripped off the tag) and then go back through TSA (always fun) to try to make my connection. The last time I flew Delta they wanted my 5 year old son to sit 10 rows away from me. Thanks to a kind fellow travelers, we were able to sit together. Delta simply said "sorry".
RouteKnoxville to Spokane via Minneapolis
Date FlownApril 2018

"Overall, a perfect flight"

Trip Verified | Ft Myers to La Guardia. Flew Delta on March 28th in economy. Seat 16C extra leg room seat worth the extra money. Great flight from beginning to end. Boarding was very smooth, upon entering the gate, the gate agent thanked me and used my last name. Upon boarding the plane, crew said "Welcome, glad to have you aboard!" Flight took off with no problems, brand new plane. Free snacks and soft drinks during flight. The attendants were super-friendly, polite and professional. They were genuinely happy to be helping us and doing their job. Landed into LaGuardia with no delay, arrived at gate and deplaned with no issues. Overall, a perfect flight. Nice work, Delta!
RouteFt Myers to La Guardia
Date FlownMarch 2018

"thank the wonderful stewardesses"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Atlanta. We just wanted to thank the wonderful stewardesses who cared for us on our flight back from Mexico to Atlanta; flight 5238. I am 8 months pregnant, we’d had an awful experience in Mexico and had an extremely short layover to our next flight. They were extremely professional and kind. They cared well for my husband and I!!! They showed us kindness we weren’t expecting and made sure I was feeling well with the pregnancy. And one of them gave me a genuine hug which was more impactful than anything I’d experienced all week. So we just wanted to say thank you and rave about how wonderful they were! Please continue to hire such amazing caretakers.
RouteCancun to Atlanta