Air Canada

(Sweden)

YMM-YYZ-YMM weekly. Usually A319 sometimes A320 seldom E190 high vacation traffic season A321. Check in agents unfriendly Food poor Seats cramped and its always hot on the plane in either direction! Most passengers seem to over do it when it comes to their carry on baggage. This should be policed a lot better. I always only travel with a laptop bag and often there is no room left in the overhead storage compartments. I blame AC for this as they charge for extra check in luggage forcing its passengers to bring on a second carry on. YMM airport waiting area at gates is unacceptable! Pack 125 people in to an area designed for 50 people - standing room only. I hate flying this route but its the best connection to get home. My biggest complaint has to do with the temperature on the plane it is always way to hot to be comfortable. I always ask them to turn down the heat in the cabin but it hardly changes. What could AC do better? Start by asking for feed back from its customers hand out customer review cards to be collected at the end of a flight. Change the menu to higher quality food. Turn the heat down. Charge for the bathroom (Coin Operated) this would reduce the amount of traffic up and down the aisle just after the "Fasten Seat Belt" sign goes out 10 minutes in to the flight. AC has a lot to learn about customer service!

Air Canada customer review

This was my first experience with Rouge. My biggest concern and the main reason for the low rating is the training and comportment of the cabin crew. They were all young and obviously inexperienced. The boarding through two doors was completely bungled chaotic because proper procedures were not followed. I heard "boarding completed" reported twice at separate times so obviously there was confusion. They giggled their way through the safety announcements as if they were a private joke. I was left with a very distinct feeling that in case of emergency this crew would be no help at all in evacuation or other procedures. I have never felt that way on a commercial flight before. The Rouge design seems to be on the "hipster" model with banter such as "you will get busted!" referring to smoke detectors in the washrooms. Fair enough I guess flights do not have to be sombre to be safe I know from experience. But this needs to be better delivered in the Rouge case. There needs to be an adjustment of crew conduct related a better show of competence. The presence of a more mature (but cheerful!) crew manger would be a big help. I'm sure these are nice deserving young people who work hard and they are trying to make a cramped flight feel lighter. However the balance is not there for me at this point and I just felt generally on my own in case of emergency. I have always felt good about Air Canada and recommended it highly. Rouge needs some rethinking before I can say the same.

(Sweden)

Flew on Sunday Dec 8 Toronto to London Seat 8 F departure 20.05. A worn out seat and the electrical recliner not optimal functioning that requires overhaul. Requested Salmon but sold out however they offered Cod which was not in the menu. Meal quality acceptable. Bread was just not the finest. Desert and Cheese was just poor. Fruit quality just poor quality selected. No sparkling mineral water other than club soda.

Air Canada customer review

GRU-YYZ-LGA. Checked in online and used the bag drop counter at GRU. Check in staff was super friendly and fast. Boarding the 777 was via stairs after being bussed to the plane according to seat rows. The gate area seemed too small for the 2 big flights leaving was hot and crowded. But that's GRU. Completely full flight. We ended up leaving 50 mins late thanks to passengers who didn't realize the gate change. Once airborne crew set to work quickly with dinner and drinks. Food quality was better than on the outbound from Toronto. Crew worked hard but some without any smiles. Same seat experience as on my outbound. Cushion felt hard and worn so pretty uncomfortable for the long haul. Movie selection didn't seem to have changed from the previous month. Arrived a little late in Toronto went through all the US customs screening etc and found our flight to EWR had been cancelled due to weather. The customer service agent we then dealt with was really just great. Friendly concerned and patient - quickly booked us on an alternate to LGA. She called their baggage people to ensure our bags would be transferred accordingly. This flight was scheduled to depart only about 45 mins later than our original. However after boarding we were informed by the captain that we'd be on the ground for under 3 hours more due to the hold at NY. Not fun after the long overnight. But at least we had gate to gate IFE on the A321 we were on. The movie selection this time was a little different so managed to pass the time. Crew did water runs and handed out cookies while we were parked. They were friendly and very pleasant. We eventually got to LGA as expected 3 hours later with bags delivered very quickly. A long and very tiring trip from start to finish made much more pleasant thanks to the efficiency courtesy of some of Air Canada's staff and crew.

Air Canada customer review

I found that the crew were courteous but busy. Service was rushed the seats too crowded and no video unless you knew enough to bring your iPad or rented one. We did not receive any notice that the flight that we originally booked from Toronto to Sarasota on Air Canada was switched to Rouge. It looks like Air Canada is down-grading its comfort items to compete with the low end "vacation" airlines.

Air Canada customer review

Frankfurt to Toronto. Positive: Customer service was efficient and courteous spacious clean and comfortable aircraft. Negatives: Horrible food - absolutely atrocious - We were served a hot meal shortly after departure and because the flight was booked they ran out of different meal options so by the time they served the back of the cabin not only was the food cold but we were not given any meal options. Apparently there was a chicken dish available but we were served a disgusting pasta Bolognese dish. The roll was stale and the side was some form of potatoes which had been reconstituted from potato flakes. Apparently others on the flight had similar issues with the chicken dish which tasted like rubber and a salad which had wilted. It was extremely disappointing and I did not eat any of it. Later on we were served Air Canada's 'signature' tortilla/wrap by Monty's which also tasted horrible and is worse than a pizza pocket. The meals and food in general were terrible and I pretty much went the entire flight without eating anything. I hope that Air Canada revamps their meals and offer healthier options instead of meals that look and taste worse than 'TV dinners' or those you would get from a can. I understand that many individuals have varying dietary requirements and allergies but perhaps Air Canada should invest in a dietician or nutritional consultant to encourage healthy eating on the go while meeting the needs of their customers.

Air Canada customer review

We flew with Rouge from Toronto to Coast Rica Liberia. We upgraded our seats for more leg room it was still very uncomfortable. Not worth the extra money! The plane seemed old and over crowded. We have used Air Canada for the last 15 year and all fights were great. Very disappointed!

Air Canada customer review

Las Vegas to Toronto flight AC1854 and from Toronto to London Heathrow AC868 on 2nd Dec 2013. Just arrived back and I am still so angry with the Canadian staff. Has not left a good impression. 1st flight was delayed which meant transit was a rush and rather than helping all the staff just shrugged their shoulders and rather than helping blamed us! We were sent in different directions and one even told us that we going the wrong way but they would not tell us where to go - just said or more shouted 'read the signs'. The first and last time I will travel with Air Canada. Inflight entertainment was temperamental as well.

Air Canada customer review

Traveled with a group from YWG-YYZ-DFW in Economy. Slight delay in YWG due to weather but they made up time and only arrived 15 mins later than scheduled. Easy connection and on to DFW with AC Express fantastic crews both ways clean and comfortable E75's. Return departed DFW early and into YWG on time. Excellent experience crew were all friendly would gladly travel with AC again.

Air Canada customer review

Newark-Toronto-Sao Paulo. I was impressed with how punctual Air Canada was on these two segments. In fact it was announced at EWR it would be likely we'd even leave early. Arrivals at both points right on time. Onboard cabin in the E190 felt much more comfortable than the 777-200 down to Sao Paulo. Cabin crew were efficient and polite on both sectors though not particularly warm on the longer overnight. Except for the Brazilian crew member who was all smiles and bubbly. Seat cushioning was a little hard and made it hard to sleep comfortably. Service quick meals average. Crew were present throughout the flight with water runs. I liked that there was On demand IFE even on the shorter segment but what isn't fun is how long it takes to fast forward the numerous ads to get to what you actually want to watch. Coupled with a slightly outdated interface and laggy response - you almost feel like not using the system at all after a while. However the selection was pretty good and varied. Time for an upgrade though - faster and higher res screens would be great.