Air Canada

Air Canada customer review

Whilst most elements of the flights we took with Air Canada were acceptable rather than outstanding there were two elements that were really poor. Firstly the entertainment system was not working on one 7hr flight and the first stewardess just said she'd look into it but didn't. The second steward admitted they knew it was broken. The real issue though is that the only recompense offered was 5% off our next Air Canada flight. The second issue was the rude check in staff at Vancouver airport - not conducive to generating repeat business. The sooner the Middle and far Eastern airlines get a firm foothold into North America the better.

Air Canada customer review

Boeing 777 W (HD) Toronto-Vancouver February 6 in economy. The 10 abreast layout is awful cramped hard and uncomfortable seats I will not travel in this layout again. Leather does not breath. Other passengers in my area voiced opinions that this is not an experience to be repeated. I am a loyal million mile member of AC but this layout and AC Rouge which I have used once and will not repeat for the same reason - too crowded is just too uncomfortable and I will shop other airlines for better seating or just stay home.

Air Canada customer review

AC151 Toronto - Vancouver. The only good thing was the online check-in through Air Canada's iPhone app I was lucky enough that there was one exit row seat (has extra legroom) that no one purchased off at extra cost or checked-in earlier so I got that. Apart from that everything else was quite bad. The staff were not attentive. You ask them something they promise they will get back to you then they forget. When you click the button to call the attendant no one ever comes even though they walk by. As usual no food on domestic flights only drinks. The plane was dusty as usual.

Air Canada customer review

I recently spent between $3000 and $4000 for 3 seats on Air Canada for a vacation to the United Kingdom for my wife sister and me. It was important for all of us to sit together. When I tried to get seat assignments their computer system did not work. I had to call instead and spent much time on the phone getting it done. We made the flight to London and were served a small breakfast and I was skipped. On the flight home we were shunted from one departure gate to another. On our third different one the computer system would not work and we were told we would have to be moved yet again when it finally kicked in. As we were boarding our final flight the stewardess pulled my sister from her seat and gave it to another person. I protested and asked how that could happen and we were told that a husband and wife who had not bothered to reserve adjacent seats had asked for my sister's reserved seat and they just gave it to them breaking up our family group to do so. We will never fly Air Canada again.

(Chile)

I recently flew SCL-EZE-SCL economy class. Relatively new 777-300. Good flights average legroom and recline. Cabin crew attentive and polite all the time. Personal IFE system standard and requires some maintenance. Both flights were at meal times food was good but very poor only a sandwich and soft drinks.

Air Canada customer review

Took AC156 Vancouver to Toronto on January 16th. The flight was on time the crew friendly no problems at all.

Air Canada customer review

AC963 Bogota to Toronto on January 30th. There was a 4.5 hour delay as mechanical problems required the aircraft be replaced in Toronto. We were advised and given free meal vouchers to eat either at a restaurant in the airport or a hotel close by. Everything handled very professionally. No problems on the return flight the food was actually quite good the crew very considerate and the entertainment system worked fine!

Air Canada customer review

Flight AC 962 Toronto to Bogota on January 16th. Flight was on time the crew very good but the breakfast served very poor. Entertainment system worked fine and we arrived on time!

Air Canada customer review

Just returned from Hawaii using Air Canada and never again. We got to the airport in Vancouver to find that the flight was going to be 3 hours late leaving they could have let us know by text or at least by email. The only compensation was that once on board we got the ear phones which usually cost $3 free! The seats I had booked had now been reassigned to someone else no explanation about that so we were cramped up in the last row where my reading light did not work. We took our own sandwiches as I refuse to buy their expensive food. Coming back we did not get anything not even a drink on the flight from LA. Also no blankets or pillows.

Air Canada customer review

Flew Air Canada rouge to Orlando from Toronto Jan 25 2014. We will never use this airline again from now on we will fly into Tampa and drive to Orlando. Flight was delayed to and from while the staff whom could use some PR training assured us they hardly ever have delays such as this. Seating was cramped and uncomfortable and the staff on ground and inflight seemed rude and unprofessional unlike anything we have ever experienced. They even tried sending my 5 year old from the washroom at the front of the plane to the rear as not to disturb the people in so called first class. First class meaning they were separated from the rest of us with a curtain falling down and enjoyed a drink of cola while we had water because they ran out of pop part at the back of the aircraft.