Air Canada

"A great round trip"

Verified Review | Indianapolis to Shanghai return via Toronto/Montreal. A great round trip with Air Canada. This was the first time I flew their Montreal to Shanghai route on the Boeing 787. Exceptional service on their international service. I also had a chance to fly Canadian domestic on the YYZ->YUL leg. Even though the flight was short, the flight attendants did their best to distribute snacks/drinks in a short timeframe to a plane of 150 people. The transborder flights operated by Georgian airways were also good. The entertainment system worked without flaw and the seats were comfortable. No delays in any flights.
AircraftBoeing 777 / 787 / A320
RouteIndianapolis to Shanghai via Toronto/Montreal
Date FlownJuly 2017

"all-round great experience"

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Montreal. Skipped the check-in as I was connecting from Johannesburg and headed straight to the Maple Leaf Lounge. The lounge was great with a wide array of breakfast foods and beverages. The shower facilities were also very good. The flight boarded in an orderly fashion and on board the hard product was terrific offering a very comfortable environment. The FA's were friendly but cordial. The food and beverages were of high quality and there was plenty of choice. The IFE had a good selection of movies and TV programs but the music selection seemed rather abstract. Toilets were kept spotless throughout the journey. The flight departed and landed on time. It was an all-round great experience.
RouteFrankfurt to Montreal

"a pleasant experience"

Verified Review | Short hop from Chicago to Toronto on evening flight AC514. Flight left slightly late due to delays with baggage loading as it was raining heavily in Chicago. Nonetheless, the flight arrived Toronto on time. Check in was slower since there were only two agents at the counter with several passengers in line. Yet, the staff was courteous and was very welcoming. We were eligible for TSA PreCheck so we breezed through security with ease. Cabin crew were present for the duration of the flight with the captain giving updates while waiting on ground in Chicago and upon arrival in Toronto. Drinks were served with refills offered twice through. Custom forms handed out during descent. Quick taxi to the gate upon landing and we were quick to deplane. Bags arrived swiftly and we were out of the airport within 15 minutes of clearing immigration at Pearson. Overall, a pleasant experience and I would use them again on short hops.
AircraftE190
RouteChicago O'Hare to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"delayed more than 2 hours"

Verified Review | Toronto to Seoul Incheon return, both flights were delayed more than 2 hours. Because of the delay, we missed our flight to Denpasar and wasted 24 hours at a dingy hotel. Money paid for the resort in Bali was down the drain that Air Canada would not compensate at all. On top of that, disgusting food, unhelpful attendants - 1.5 hour wait for baggage to come out.
RouteToronto to Seoul
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"this is obviously an airline trying to cut costs"

Verified Review | Flew Air Canada. Plane was great, some cabin staff were good and then it went downhill from there. Lounges in Canada were very poor. Staff were generally OK but this is obviously an airline trying to cut costs. Even flying business they wanted to charge me another $500 to bring a flight forward 2 days. I have never been treated wirh such contempt. Flying overnight from Vancouver to Brisbane they don't even have showers at the lounge. Never, ever had this before.
RouteBrisbane to Vancouver
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"like flying with a different airline"

Verified Review | Toronto to Boston return on a miles flight. Easy bag drop and security thanks to my partner being 35k elite. Pre clearance is way better since the re-configuration (well done Pearson) and I was in the lounge on a guest pass within 30 mins of entering the airport. Easy boarding and an on time flight with a swift beverage service. On time arrival and fast bags. Sadly the return flight was like flying with a different airline. We checked in 5 mins after the 1 hour cut for hold baggage off due to our ferry being late and the Water Taxi taking longer than expected. (note to self - next time, take a cab). We were denied checking in our bag due to TSA needing an hour to assess the bags. Reminding the check in staff that in May, they were happy to walk the bags through after a double cancellation the response was - that was Runway reconstruction, this is Irma). How a hurricane in the south affected an AC flight from Boston to Toronto was a mystery (other than the obvious abdication of responsibility or helping the customer). The check in staff were sympathetic but the supervisor stood her ground. We weren't allowed to travel without our bags, and the only option was to rebook. The good news was there was room on the next flight two hours later. The bad news - a 75 buck change fee each for the privilege. With no other option we re-booked though they were kind enough to tag our bags as priority. Boarding was efficient but the AC gate area at Boston is in the running for the most cramped and soulness departure gates on the AC network. The flight was fine with the usual beverage service and an on time arrival in Toronto. In the race for maximising profit and cheesing off customers - Air Canada wins first prize. We were 5 mins late for bags - sure. But the officiousness of the check in supervisor and the stinging us financially shows just how little Air Canada cares about good and honest customer service / experience.
AircraftE190
RouteToronto to Boston
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"service is extremely poor"

Verified Review | I flew from Toronto to Atlanta on Air Canada. The additional charge for checking luggage is unfair. The service on the flight is extremely poor, no food, no snacks and no proper drinks. Lack of customer service and care from the staff. For example when asking for water you get around 50 ML. I would only fly Air Canada if it is the only option, do not recommend this airline.
RouteToronto to Atlanta
Date FlownAugust 2017

"so disappointed in the treatment I received"

Verified Review | Flew St. John's to Las Vega via Toronto with Air Canada. I am so disappointed in the treatment I received during boarding at the beginning of my vacation today. It really put a sour start to my vacation. There was no room for my carry on luggage because people had bags and coats overhead. I was forced to check my carry on and I had to transfer my things such as medical items and other expensive things into a garbage bag that I had to ask for instead of being offered. During this, the flight attendants threatened to put us on later flight! Never even said sorry! I strongly believe they could have improved the situation by simply checking the overhead storage for small bags and coats and asking others to put it under their seats. They also could have been a little patient. I am currently dragging heavy garbage bags around the airport. They definitely could work on their manners and attitude.
RouteSt. John's to Las Vega via Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"have not experienced such poor service"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Flew Toronto to Philadelphia. In my entire life I have not experienced such poor service. Shame on you Air Canada. As I reached the airport, the Air Canada queue was so long, almost 200m or longer. Only 3-4 counters were open and service was so poor. Counter staff were so slow and busy chatting. I cannot understand simple logic why can't Air Canada open more counters. Due to this delay, I almost missed my flight since the US immigration further delayed the entire process. As I reached Philadelphia, my luggage did not arrive on time and Air Canada did not have the courtesy to inform me what is happening. What is so difficult in tracing the luggage? I will try not to use Air Canada in the future.
RouteToronto to Philadelphia
Date FlownAugust 2017

"friendly and attentive cabin staff"

Verified Review | Seats and seat space quite narrow (although I am slim and have an average height) - typical for a Boeing. (I got the impression that Airbus seats are a bit broader, and there is less noise form the turbines.) Choices of the inflight entertainment program not really sumptuous, but still okay. Very friendly and attentive cabin staff: very frequent offerings of beverages, also frequent collection of garbage. Extremely calm flight. Would definitely recommend Air Canada for long-distance flights from Europe to North America and back.
RouteFrankfurt to Calgary