Air Canada

"staff were incredibly rude"

Trip Verified | Worst servce I've ever received. Arrived 5 minutes late to check in for a domestic flight early in the morning because of an issue with transit getting to Pearson and they couldn't help. They're like a bunch of robots that can't understand that just because their computer system is set a certain way that doesn't mean that they can't help a young man trying to get a job done. Manager and staff were incredibly rude to top it off and didn't even attempt to provide a solution. Useless, undertrained, oligopolistic and stomach turningily (I know thats not a word) bureaucratic. 0/10 and unfortunately because of outdated government legislature that protects our airlines from the US we have almost no other options.
RouteToronto to Timmins
Date FlownJune 2018

"glad I chose Air Canada"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Toronto. I am a Canadian living in Germany flying to visit my parents with an infant and a toddler and my husband. Right at the beginning of the flight we were treated so nice and an Air hostess made us feel welcomed, she was so kind and understanding. I am really glad that I chose Air Canada for our trip.
RouteFrankfurt to Toronto
Date FlownJune 2018

"very slow to solve the situation"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | I had my flight cancelled today, and I (and all other passengers) had the following difficulties: 1) The flight was cancelled by email before being announced as cancelled. That caused a strong misdundertanding among passengers and the ground crew for about half an hour. 2) The flight was rescheduled to 8am. It was a late flight (11.15 pm) and they were very slow to solve the situation. Therefore, a group of people could not go to the hotel and got stuck in the airport. The group of about 20 people had to stay outside the security area from 2am until 4am with CAN30 for dinner and brekfast meals. 3) No alternative to these passengers was presented. 4) Air Canada shamily sent an email with a promocode to be used in the next 60 days, otherwise it will expire. This promo could not be used for upgrade on a next flight. So useless for one from abroad, and not a frequent flyer of AC! 5) The ground crew were badly trained, and once very stressed they were not of great assistance to help people leave the security area nor to figure out alternatives.
AircraftA340-300
RouteToronto to Sao Paulo

"great customer service"

Trip Verified | My trip back from Washington, D.C. At Ronald Reagon airport I met this amazing Air Canada's personnel who was incredibly sweet and helpful from the checkin gate till boarding. This business trip was stressful due to some work complications but after experiencing his great customer service and cheerful personality I started to feel a bit relax.
RouteWashington to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2018

"smug with all their extra fees"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Calgary via Vancouver. I am disappointed in their services compared with other airlines. This time my complaint is their nickel & diming policies and unwillingness to accommodate passengers. I'm on my way from Montreal to Calgary, but transferring in Vancouver. I asked at check-in if there might be room for me on a more direct flight. There was, but Air Canada wasn't going to let me have it without charging another $75 on top of my ticket price. (Bearing in mind I've also just paid $25 extra for my one piece of regular size & weight luggage). My ticket has been paid for, the seats on the direct flight are available. It should really make no difference to AC, except they would have a happier customer if they would show a bit of flexibility and stop being so smug with all their extra fees.
RouteMontreal to Calgary via Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2018

"best in 15 years of flying with AC"

Trip Verified | Regina to Toronto. I fly Air Canada a lot for work. This flight I got an upgrade to business class. The service was the best I had in 15 years of flying with AC. The flight attendant was Korean - and in true Asian Airline hospitality style - toward the end of the flight he went to each and every customer, bowed down and thanked us for our business. Really above and beyond! Not saying this is something that is expected but really blew my mind considering the normal level of service which is good either way. The wifi was bad though.
AircraftE190
RouteRegina to Toronto
Date FlownJune 2018

"otherwise very solid product"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Ottawa via Frankfurt. The Lufthansa flight from Amsterdam to Frankfurt which I was originally scheduled to take had gotten cancelled, and I got booked on a later flight without receiving any prior notification. Due to this flight change my connecting time in Frankfurt became extremely tight and so I needed to run to catch my Air Canada flight to Ottawa. When I arrived at the gate nearly everyone had already boarded so it was just myself and a few other latecomers who got there last minute. As far as the flight goes, it didn't differ much from my previous experiences with Air Canada. The food in economy class was horrible, save for the pretzel snacks and the chicken wrap they give out towards the end of the flight. The food in economy class is a major flaw of an otherwise very solid product, and I suggest Air Canada's partner Lufthansa to promptly inform passengers of any cancellations/delays.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RouteAmsterdam to Ottawa via Frankfurt
Date FlownMay 2018

"I would fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Vancouver. First time flying Boeing 787 and loved it. We where seated in 26J and 26K. Boarding was slow. The seat was comfortable, the cabin crew were wonderful, the in-flight entertainment was good, could be a little broader but cannot complain. The food was rubbish. We ate in the airport before the flight and glad we did. All in all I would fly with them again.
RouteTokyo to Vancouver
Date FlownMay 2018

"cancelled without warning or reason"

Trip Verified | My flight from New York to Toronto was cancelled without warning or reason. There was no inclement weather. No apologies given, the airline staff were rude, did not apologize and acted like this happens very often (it probably does given the poor record of LGA airport). I got rebooked on a much later flight, missing an important meeting. The airline staff didn't care about that at all. In this day and age, the least an airline can do is offer some sort of apology or compensation. I've had better experiences in the past, which is why I did not give them a lower rating. Will be doing my best to avoid this airline from now on, unfortunately, I am Canadian.
RouteNew York to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2018

"pay to change to an earlier flight"

Trip Verified | Boston to Montreal. We arrived 4 hours earlier for our flight. There were 2 earlier flights available for us to board before our scheduled flight. First attendant at the check in said upon our inquiring that there were no earlier flights available, but there were 2 earlier flights. She didn’t even bother checking. We decided to ask the attendant through security instead. He mentioned we would have to pay 200 USD to change to an earlier flight. Interestingly, I travel with Air Canada for work frequently and this was the first time they indicated I would have to pay to move my flight earlier. We decided to try our luck a third time with a different attendant. This one didn’t even let us finish asking our question and immediately said it wasn’t possible while discussing an unrelated topic with a colleague of hers. Terrible service. We can understand that some accomodations may not always be logistically possible but in this case it feels like we weren’t even being considered. Not a trademark of a customer centric company.
RouteBoston to Montreal