KLM Customer Reviews and KLM Passenger Trip Reports

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  6 September 2013 by Williams Anthony     (UK)

AMS-BKK return in business. Overall a most enjoyable experience. Boarding was poor. All sky blue members were invited to board at the same time as Biz passengers. This led to a mad rush. On board service was very friendly and professional. Staff on this flight were mature and very experienced. Fast track immigration at BKK was most welcome. A very pleasant experience.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  5 September 2013 by L Paschalaki     (Greece)

AMS-MAN, 18/8. The return trip was even more disappointing. I hadn't realised that KLM is now all self service (including baggage drop off) and nobody knew what they were doing! KLM staff were few and far between and when I did find one was spoken to in a very unhelpful and abrupt manner. Again my seats were changed and very poor level of service on board. Will avoid for another 15 years!

MAN-AMS, 15/8. After a series of poor flights I hadn't flown KLM for 15 years, giving them another chance proved to be a mistake! Check in was chaos and involved a 30 min wait. On their website they make a big thing about seat selection at time of booking, yet on both sectors my seats were changed without apology or explanation. Although the cabin crew were friendly service is the bare minimum - a drink and 4 tiny biscuits! Not even a newspaper. Very poor overall for a national carrier.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  5 September 2013 by E Cobb     (UK)

Flew Amsterdam - Chicago on a 747-400. Whilst I can't really fault the in flight service it is hard to enjoy anything when you are allowed only the room that you might give a battery chicken. Most miserable long haul flight I have experienced.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  3 September 2013 by Marina Ziel     (France)

Flight 743 yesterday, August 31 from Amsterdam to Lima. I was in the business class and have never experienced such uncomfortable seats, impossible to lie down normally, the bottom of the seat is slanted down so your feet are way down and you can slide - moreover it is so narrow that one arm falls in the alley. During the flight I pointed out to the flight attendant in the business class that there was no more toilet paper and she thanked me and put a new roll, you would think she could check the other bathroom, no. Some time later I was in that one, no toilet paper either, both rolls empty. This is not acceptable. Not once did any of the cabin staff make any effort to communicate during the flight with the passengers. They just did what needed to be done and finished (except check the lavatories). Glad I am going back with Air France.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by H Kariyawasam     (UK)

LHR-AMS-LHR. Booked flight in May, flew July. Not informed by anyone that a suitcase will require 26 surcharge. On return managed to dig up my AF/KLM frequent flyer card to avoid suitcase penalty. All airport staff at LHR and AMS indifferent, and suggested it was my fault for carrying a suitcase. As such, everyone else did carry cabin baggage only which caused a lack of storage space on board, people checking in bags at the aircraft door (with no charge) and complete chaos on board both flights. Cabin crew good and polite, a reflection of Dutch personality. Check in at Schipol airport via a machine for boarding pass, then a second long queue to print your own baggage tag (after payment of course), and then load your own bag into machine oneself. Complete chaos again due to people not understanding the process, how to stick tags on. Staff rude or indifferent. I would not fly with KLM again in a hurry, low cost airline with high cost.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  23 August 2013 by Ekaterina Kurs     (Russia)

Very pleasant flights LED-AMS-MAD and back. The good things started from picking up the tickets at KLM offices in St.Pete, the staff were very polite and well trained. On-time boarding without any problem. Friendly crew, comfortable seats and rather good meal. The only one disappointment was no entertainment on-board at all. Ready to repeat the experience again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  23 August 2013 by Henri Houzet     (France)

CDG-AMS as part of a trip to China. Check-in very busy - not enough AF staff at Sky Priority for this busy time of year but managed to check bag all the way to China at the very last minute. Booked economy and got upgraded to Business upon check-in for the CDG-AMS segment. Was initially told they wouldn't be able to provide a meal at check-in and was told again once on-board by an apologetic AF rep who got onboard to inform me personally that there wouldn't be a meal for me. Ended up being served an AF meal which was nice as I didn't expect anything. Some passengers were served a KLM meal while others were served an AF meal which seemed strange somehow and created some confusion with the crew. Nice, quick and efficient service from the KLM crew on this very short flight.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2013 by Ivan Dzhur     (Canada)

Flown from AMS to LHR on July 11th and from WAW to AMS on August 19th. Both flights on-time. Great customer service on board and at Amsterdam airport from KLM staff. Excellent food and beverages and highly trained and efficient cabin crew. Will certainly recommend and fly with them again in the future.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2013 by Ahmad Liftawi     (Austria)

KWI-AMS with one stop in Dammam, wonderful crew everything was above my expectation, very generous with food and drinks, smiling crew willing to do anything in order to make the passenger feel comfortable. Very reasonable price connecting flight to Vienna was also more than great.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  13 August 2013 by Iain Bagwell     (USA)

BRS-AMS-ATL, Fokker 70 and A330-300, 8/8/13. Flight BRS-AMS on time take off. Cabin crew always friendly on the city hopper service. My son and I were the only ones in BC. Service quick for a short flight 2 drinks and lunch. Arrive AMS on time and bus transfer to main terminal left us with a bit of a rush to D gates. A small delay getting security clearance, but still onto plane with plenty of time to spare. Service has clearly improved in the World Business class. Food much better than previous trips, all served on a stylish black tray. Service good and with a smile. Had a couple of visits from the flight leader. Generally good experience. Not too many interruptions from flight deck, unlike some US airlines. Pretty good entertainment. Not touch sensitive screens, but fairly easy to navigate. Great movie choices. Seats are not entirely lie flat, but for 9 hour flight they didn't seem uncomfortable.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2013 by Henk Dijk     (Netherlands)

AMS-FRA. Good flight on a KLM city hopper Fokker 70, professional crew and adequate flight info during the short flight. Taxi at FRA was very long after landing at remote landing strip (25 min).

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2013 by Chris Cleverley     (Netherlands)

In general I find the service of KLM terrible. On my last trip from Birmingham England to Amsterdam a stewardess, just before we should have begun to taxi for take off came down the isle and said that I was too heavy to sit in an exit row seat and will need to change seats. I am not too heavy, the stewardess had called the incorrect name. The other person in the exit row was not much heavier than myself though. The stewardess was followed by the co- pilot who said that we all had to be very quick because KLM was loosing a lot of money waiting. They should not have asked us to leave our seats, and they also should not have waited for just before takeoff to do so. I am 6 ft, 190lbs. I do not like their seats on their long haul planes. They give me a back ache as it seams that they have a type of lumbar support which I find too low.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  8 August 2013 by Ashwin Doolabh     (Zimbabwe)

My family and I travelled from South Africa via Amsterdam to Leeds UK. We had requested Hindu meals, and I must say that I was disgusted by the food served to us. We were given only vegetarian meals, the quality of which left a lot to be desired. A Hindu meal does not mean strictly vegetarian. I probably would not have minded so much if what was served to us was tasty.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  6 August 2013 by Jan Willems     (Luxembourg)

LUX-AMS-Almaty return, all in 48 hours. Booked economy extra seat 10B, a bargain at EUR 67 per flight, so ample legroom, well worth the money. A330, rather new, good and generous catering, decent IFE, but most of all, excellent crew, who seem to spot passengers in economy with FF-status. KLM beats Lufthansa hands down in this route in flying experience, a pity they do not fly to Almaty daily. Already alone for the crew experience I would not doubt to fly KLM again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  6 August 2013 by R Puri     (Bahrain)

Bahrain to Amsterdam, via Abu Dhabi. Check in was fast and the flight to AD took of on time. for a 45 minute flight the service was very good, the cabin crew were friendly and attentive. Small snacks and drinks were served. AD-Amsterdam was excellent. The inflight entertainment was amazing, there was a wide range of movies and TV shows to choose from. Breakfast (pancakes or eggs) was delicious. The cabin crew were extremely attentive and friendly. They all spoke fluent English. Drinks and small snacks were regularly served. My only problem was the seats. There was little legroom and space. Other than that it was an excellent service. Would definitely fly with them again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Customer review :  5 August 2013 by R Pacey     (South Africa)

We were booked 3 months in advance Johannesburg to Amsterdam. Arriving at the airport 3 hours ahead of takeoff, we were told that the flight was overbooked and we were on standby. This was the first leg of a flight to Barcelona for an important business trip. There would have been serious losses to ourselves had we not been able to travel. No airline has ever done this to us before. Some pleading with the staff got us on to the flight, but seated a couple of rows apart. I would never trust KLM with a flight booking ever again. I would arrange my travel plans to specifically avoid travelling with them.