KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

"recommend this 4 Star airline"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Hamburg via Amsterdam. Online check in very easy and convenience. KLM ground staff at BKK very nice and helpful/Baggage drop of very quick and efficient. Boeing 777-300ER took off punctually, cabin very clean but flight 100% full and 10 seats/row very cramp and uncomfortable. Flew KLM in 2013 and noted that 4 years later in 2017 KLM new Y seat of B777-300ER is narrower than the seats of 2013 and there was no footrest anymore which makes the long range travel less comfortable. But new excellent IFE with more choices of music and movies in several languages. Cabin crews were aged but very friendly, professional and enthusiasm throughout the flight. One hour after taken off hot towel was given before serving lunch. Quantity and quality of lunch in 2017 was average of Y class standard. After lunch duty free sales with great selections at attractive price (cheaper than Airport Bangkok). Unlike other airlines after lunch and duty free sale most of crews were still on duty and came often with soft drinks and ice cream during the rest time. Before landing at AMS we got 1 cold meal. After landing KLM crews still on “enthusiasm service” helping passengers took out the cabin baggage/ saying thank you and goodbye with smiles. Negative points compare with 2013 is narrow seat and food/beverage. In 2017 we got only 1 hot meal (lunch) and 1 cold meal (snack) for 12 hours flight compared with 2 hot meals (Lunch & Dinner) in 2013 but KLM’s enthusiasm cabin crews made these 2 negative points quit. Transit at Amsterdam is easy and convenience as always. On AMS-HAM short leg with better service than other European airlines. KLM served sandwich and full drinks including beer and wine on this short leg. All in all best value for money and KLM’s Y-class is beside Air France one of the best Y class of European airlines. I would recommend this 4 Star airline.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteBangkok to Hamburg via Amsterdam
Date FlownApril 2017

"satisfied with their service"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Boston return. I am very satisfied with their service. All the flights have been in time. Their customer service is very good, they reply almost immediately through their Facebook account if you have any questions. Specially for long distance trips I recommend spending a bit more and being sure that you will arrive at your destination without any surprises.
RouteAmsterdam to Boston
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Quick boarding at Madrid"

(Norway)

Verified Review | Madrid to Amsterdam. Quick boarding at Madrid Airport. Very clean Boeing 737 aircraft. Nice comfortable seat for an economy class cabin. Professional cabin crew looked fresh and groomed. Flight on time. The Captain gave a Dutch, English and Spanish message.
RouteMadrid to Amsterdam

"outstanding customer support"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Mumbai. My review is about outstanding customer support I received in Amsterdam airport from KLM. Having missed a flight and exhausted all opportunities with my unhelpful travel agent. My original KLM operated flight to Mumbai was changed in minutes by most helpful and cheerful transit desk ladies. There was a nominal transfer charge compared to a €1000 new flight charge from my travel agent. These ladies really saved my day. Thank you KLM and your wonderful team.
RouteAmsterdam to Mumbai
Date FlownNovember 2017

"the great service offered"

(Norway)

Verified Review | Oslo to Madrid via Amsterdam. I would like to thank KLM for the great service offered. Fast and fluent boarding. Very clean Boeing 737 aircraft. Cabin Crew gave a warm welcome. We had a very early flight, the takeoff time was at 06:30 am, and all flight attendants had a very fresh and groomed look, smiling at all times and paying attention to safety. There were Power Plugs in every seat. The Captain gave a nice flight info. Very good Food options on both flights, with a broad beverages, offer. All flights were on time.
RouteOslo to Madrid via Amsterdam
Date FlownNovember 2017

"upward battle against limited options"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Houston to Brussels via Amsterdam. If things go wrong, you face an upward battle against limited options (flights), limited resources (costumer services, customer assistance). I paid 1700 euro for a comfort seat and they left me stranded in Amsterdam. No duty of care to be sure that I reach my final destination from the KLM side. Out the door the EU legal requirements. The plane out of Houston has an issue, KLM needs to get it fixed. Paperworks and repairs take 4 hours. Most passengers already miss the connecting flights before departure. Staff at the gate scare people away which see the issues coming because of their prior experiences. Before we fly, they have to get some drunken passengers of the plane including the one sitting next to me. Not even a Sorry Sir. Service degree as in nineties, AC dripping, cold all night, no new water bottle - I will fill it up for you Sir (really in comfort). Inflight entertainment system bad, no subtitle, breaks down and restarts issues etc. We get to Amsterdam. The whole 747 with connecting issues floods the service desk. They get annoyed by the passengers frustration, this situation ends up being hostile at the desk. The staff is well aware that due to end of holiday week KLM basically has no options to offer passengers. Air France is full, KLM flights are full, Speed train are full (see later train desk told me). They give me a regular train ticket. While waiting the same women as at the gate reiterates her problem of meeting her connection to the river cruise in Basel. I suggest to call Lufthansa desk immediately as the only option to meet her deadline. The Service women all get hostile towards me. While the train ticket system breaksdown again, I notice the KLM assistance going in the Lufthansa option eventually. I get a train ticket no date no hour only a destination. The service assistant write down the departure time of the train by hand. Insists seat is numbered and I need to make it on time. I file a claim for my luggage and hope to meet my train. No train that fits departure time on screen. Queue to the train desk - no this is a train ticket but one for any train. No Sir Thalys is full to Brussels. No regular train service, only this weekend works on the line. I find the Service desk in Terminal 2, have the 24 H desk of the Travel agency speak to the KLM rep. Travel agency insist KLM book me on the 8PM flight in Business, KLM refuses on grounds that there is awaiting list of economy passengers. With no drivers license I'm with one option left : 4 hours + trip of 4 trains, replacement bus service and taxi to Brussels Airport. So instead of the 10+ hours KLM, I arrive 21+ hours at the Airport not thanks to KLM though.
RouteHouston to Brussels via Amsterdam
Date FlownNovember 2017

"hope for a journey without the complications"

Verified Review | My customer journey with KLM left an incredible impact that marketing specialists can only dream of. It kept going on for over a month longer than my actual journey with KLM and created a number of lasting memories. The actual journey, however, never quite unfolded its full potential like a butterfly that's stuck in his cocoon. What a shame, I've heard many others say that KLM is a great airline. I can only verify this partially as out of the 4 flights I booked with KLM, I ended up only taking one. Here is why: One day before my departure from Berlin to Osaka, I received news that my connecting flight from Amsterdam to Osaka was cancelled. During the darkest hours of the night, some courageous customer service worker managed to put me on a Finnair flight which turned out to be a more than decent replacement. However, my chance to experience the Dutch Air Hospitality that KLM is renowned for was delayed. Talking about delayed, let me tell you the story of my flight home. The long haul from Osaka to Amsterdam was the only one out of the 4 KLM flights that I ended up taking. Once you manage to actually catch a KLM flight that's not cancelled, you receive warm and friendly service by the crew, decent-tasting food and a wide range of the latest cinematic enterainment options plus games and series. They even had some automatic kind of window blinds that turned the windows into a dark shade of blue (instead of the typical plastic blinds you get). This was very nice. I only wish I'd stayed up in the air for longer because as soon as we touched down in Amsterdam Schiphol, the chaos resumed. My flight to Berlin-Tegel was cancelled and I had to search for a replacement along with the numbers of other passengers who experienced a similar fate on that day. I arrived at Schiphol at 2 pm. The following hours included: me waiting in line - me being booked on a Lufthansa flight - being sent back from Lufthansa boarding because my name didn't get forwarded to Lufthansa - waiting in line again - being put on the waiting list for the KLM flight to Berlin later that evening - being sent back from boarding again because I didn't make it off the waiting list into the plane. Gotta mention that the customer service at Schiphol was very helpful the whole time, going through all possible options with me (I was disappointed that a rental car wasn't one, though!). You should have seen the look on the lady's face when I came back after the second failed connection around 9 pm. After 7 hours of from-A-to-B at Schiphol I resigned and agreed to a train connection the next morning and a hotel stay. These worked out. Unfortunately, my backpack got stuck in the loop at Schiphol and couldn't be given to me while I was there. It had to be claimed as "missing" and mailed to my address afterwards. Turns out the claim became real. My backpack really went missing and I had to wait 3 more weeks for it until receiving basically my whole wardrobe and souvenirs. Now that I am writing this, the compensation for products I had to buy as replacements for my delayed baggage has finally been paid (without problems) and I feel like my soul is finally at peace with this adventurous episode of being a KLM customer. When time has done its job mending the wounds, I will not hesitate to give KLM a second try. Looking forward to this future experience, a part of me hopes for another story to tell. Most of me however just hopes for a journey without the complications of this one.
RouteBerlin Tegel to Osaka via Amsterdam
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Staff was very helpful and polite"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Dar es Salaam return. First time with KLM and a very good surprise. Boeing 777 aircraft looks pretty new and offer great leg space in economy. Entertainment system was good as well with plenty of new movie. Staff was very helpful and polite. Food was ok. Will fly again with KLM.
RouteDar es Salaam to Amsterdam
Date FlownOctober 2017

"miss the faithful little Fokkers"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Billund. This trip was made in conjunction with the phase out of the Fokker F70 in KLM Cityhopper service. I deliberately booked this flight as a last salute to one of my favourite aircraft in which I logged almost 150 flights in the last 10 years. The outbound flight from Amsterdam to Billund was with a KLM mainline Boeing 737, nothing special, on time departure and arrival with the standard onboard service of a coffee and a snack. The return flight, in this case the very last Fokker 70 flight from Billund to Amsterdam ever started as a complete let-down at the gate, business as usual, just a bunch of absolutely unfriendly gate agents. However when boarding the aircraft everything changed totally. The aircraft cabin was decorated with little flags and once all passengers boarded, the captain entered the cabin and welcomed all passengers and explained why this flight was a special event. It was also the entire crew's last flight on the Fokker 70. Upon departure to the main runway we received a water salute from the Billund fire brigade, followed by a very powerful take-off and a low-level bye bye pass over the airport. Onboard service during the flight was standard but the cabin crew did everything to make the flight memorable, well done! Landing in Amsterdam was on the rarely used Eastern runway which is the runway used in the past by the Fokker company to test fly and deliver their aircraft to their customers. Upon disembarking all passengers were personally greeted by the captain and both cabin crew. We will miss the faithful little Fokkers!
AircraftBoeing 737, Fokker 70
RouteAmsterdam to Billund
Date FlownOctober 2017

"in-flight service was outstanding"

Verified Review | Lisbon to Amsterdam. I never thought you could fit this many passengers on a 737, even EasyJet doesn’t pack them in this tightly. Seats are cramped and tight, also, no in-seat monitors, as a matter of fact, no monitors at all and also no onboard entertainment via WiFi nor any WiFi for that matter. The APU wasn’t turned on until 5 minutes prior to departure time and even though it was a 5 am departure, the aircraft was stuffy and hot. Given the tight seating, I was expecting a barebones service. This, however, was not the case, the in-flight service was outstanding. For breakfast, they served a tasty omelet sandwich. Service was fast, friendly and efficient, KLM unlike their American counterparts manage to serve the food and drinks at the same time. A+ for service and food, C for comfort and seating in general.
RouteLisbon to Amsterdam