British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Rob James    (UK)

Flew return from Gatwick to Barcelona with my wife for a short break. Both flights were on the old 737-400 but they were fine. Despite what I have read in other reviews I found the cabin to be fine, the blue leather seats were very comfortable. The snack and drinks were good quality and the flights were both on time. Friendly helpful staff both on board and at the airport.

British Airways Customer review :  20 April 2014 by R Edwards    (UK)

BA2276, LGW-LAS. Was disappointed in BA. Feel they have lost what they had last time I flew with them. The plane, a Boeing 777, was in need of a good exterior clean, and the crew uniforms could have done with being refreshed. Everyone of them were shiny from too much pressing, and not the crisp fresh look about them that I remember from previous flights with them. Service was fine, food a tad mediocre, and the leg room was a huge disappointment. A 10 hour flight with my knees touching the rear of the seat in front! I get that on charter flights, and wouldn't expect it on a scheduled carrier, especially BA. IFE very good with plenty to choose from, and the in flight route map was very good, and precise. Not sure I would choose BA again over another carrier, then make a comparison, but they certainly are not the airline they were.

British Airways Customer review :  20 April 2014 by N Shyshkin    (Canada)

YYZ-LHR-NCE and CDG-LHR-YYZ. On the way to Nice, the first flight was wonderful on the new Boeing 787-800, amazing aircraft! Service was great and the food was too. The seats were alright and flight attendants did not appear very often. IFE was excellent. Next leg was on an Airbus A320-200, fair seats and staff although the croissant that was given was disgusting. CDG-LHR was also on an A320, quick and easy flight. LHR-YYZ was a slightly ageing Boeing 747-400 yet suitable for the flight and had nice seats, IFE and same good food.

British Airways Customer review :  18 April 2014 by M Nal    (UK)

LHR - Bergen (Norway). Arrived for a 8am flight at 6am, check in easy. Security 10 minutes, no major lines. A319 departed on time. Flight half full. Tea good, had croissant with ham and cheese also good. Arrived on time. Crew safety conscious, friendly and professional. This flight cost 350 for two on BA site 100 cheaper on Airfast tickets site.

British Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by D Venton    (UK)

Return flight to Madrid from London Heathrow. Outbound on BA0462 on April 5th 2014, operated by a B767 and inbound on BA0465 on April 9th operated by A320. Both flights on-time with very friendly and attentive cabin crew. B767 was extremely comfortable although both aircraft provided good legroom. Overhead screens showed an inflight map on the return flight which provided some entertainment however this was not the case on the outbound service. The snack was of a decent size on both legs and cabin crew were generous with drinks. Allowing customers to use iPads during takeoff and landing is also welcome! Overall, a solid performance from BA.

British Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by P Marwick    (UK)

Very disappointed in Club Europe. Paid 120 euros each for an upgrade at Barcelona Airport. As many others have said, it is the regular row of three seats, they simply leave the middle one empty. Lunch was very poor. Shrimp salad. The shrimps were appalling. I ate the salad and the bread roll. The 'pudding' was a small plastic container of apple crumble and was the best bit of the meal. The CE section was busy because two cruise companies had booked large numbers of seats. The crew simply couldn't cope and coffee was served as we were descending. Compared with Club World on international flights, this was really poor. We thought this paid upgrade would entitle us to enter the Galleries Lounge at LHR to await our Glasgow flight but we were turned away.

British Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by Simon Dranbrough    (UK)

MAN-LHR-GVA return. All 4 flights on time with efficient, attentive crew on all flights. Flew to Geneva in Euro Traveller and back Club Europe [Mainly booked to Fast Track Geneva security queues which as expected were horrendous]. Catering in Club Europe good with the 'High Tea' of finger sandwiches and scone with Jam and cream. All aircraft clean with the seats showing no signs of wear and tear. Quite simply a very efficient, good value return trip as booked early. Only problem on trip was outside BA's control which is security and immigration at Heathrow T5.

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2014 by T Atmore    (UK)

LHR to SIN on a Sunday afternoon. It took less than 20 minutes from checking in bags to being comfortably seated in the Concorde Room. Satisfactory choice of wines complemented a delicious lunch. Boarded quickly. First Class cabin was full with 14 passengers. The cabin crew were welcoming and attentive throughout the flight. Nothing over the top, just right. Take off delayed by almost an hour, but better safe than sorry. Captain kept us informed on progress. Food and beverages throughout the flight were very good. Can't comment on the entertainment system as did not switch on; but the guide indicated an ample choice of films and TV shows, etc. Bed made up with no fuss. Took own PJs as this feels more comfortable. Slept for 8 hours. Woke 2 hours before landing. Juice, smoothies, coffees offered. Orders taken for breakfast - I declined, although my husband commented that his full English was surprisingly delicious. The cabin crew remained remarkably upbeat and professional. Bags waiting in Arrivals; straight through immigration into taxi. Checked into hotel just 40 minutes after landing. Well done BA (and Changi).

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Reimer Holst    (Germany)

On my flight from Cape Town to Heathrow I had the pleasure of being downgraded from Business to Economy because BA overbooked heavily (was not the only passenger affected - so be warned). The flight was horrible. Approaching the airline about the refund has not been successful yet - only machines, no people. Never again.

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2014 by N Pethurst    (UK)

We flew from LHR to Boston with our skiing equipment. For 1 ski bag and 1 boot bag we were charged 244 excess baggage. This is a rip off. I contacted their customer services team 3 times as they didn't get back to me when they said they would. Apparently Virgin do not charge extra for your ski equipment bags. We will be taking our custom to them from now on.

British Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by R Girvan    (UK)

Flew LHR-BOS-JFK-LHR. The biggest issue with BA in Traveller/Traveller + is the inconsistency in the hard product. Outbound on a refurbished 777, comfortable seats, clean, fresh cabin and the new excellent Thales IFE. Return on an old 747, grubby cabin with lots of faulty equipment (broken TVs, window trim, overhead luggage bins out of use etc.). It's so disappointing that you can have such a different experience on similar trips/routes and it's nothing to do with service/crew it's the actual aircraft! The breakfast offering is also truly appalling - a small muffin or a rock solid croissant, why even bother BA?

British Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Berry Nick    (UK)

LHR to SIN, seat 1A. Concorde Room quiet but nice and relaxed. Boarding for once excellent with First and card holders on early. Service excellent by old style crew and food and wine truly first class. Slept 7hours and bags waiting.

British Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Rusanu Rucsandra    (Romania)

I have flown BA frequently but this flight was the worst in terms of cabin crew! The flight was nice. Our food was served over Budapest so almost 2 hours after take off which is quite a big delay being a 3 hour flight! I was not hungry so food itself was not a problem, but the cabin crew were very disorganized and kept moving back and forth, not allowing any passengers to rest as they kept serving drinks and food. Normally this route is very smooth and food and drinks are served within 1 hour so passengers can either sleep or read, etc.

British Airways Customer review :  12 April 2014 by Christine Ferster    (Australia)

We booked premium economy flights from Brisbane to London with Qantas and British Airways. The first leg, Brisbane to Singapore, was with Qantas and was excellent, separate check in, dedicated cabin crew, great comfortable seats and a different menu from economy. Overall a great experience. Imagine the difference with British Airways. At Singapore airport my husband and I discovered that we had been given seats well apart in the cabin and it took several efforts on our behalf to get seats together. We then found that there was not a separate check in line, that the seats were very little different from economy and the food was exactly the same as economy. The seating, the service, the food and the overall experience will ensure that we will probably never fly BA premium economy again. What a contrast with the Qantas experience. Unfortunately we are booked to fly back to Australia with them.

British Airways Customer review :  12 April 2014 by R Goddard    (UK)

Transferred to BA flight after our United flight was cancelled. Flew on new 787 Dreamliner. The was our best flight for some time. Okay, the space in economy was standard and the entertainment box beneath the seat in front is always a pain but can't be avoided. The 787 was very comfortable, quiet and had an audible PA which is a rarity. The food was very good - possibly the nicest food on a plane we've had in years and the service very attentive. Admittedly the plane was not full but perhaps the staff enjoy flying on the Dreamliner as much as the passengers! Have not flown outside Europe with BA for some time so this was a very pleasant experience.

British Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by Alan Wingrove    (UK)

I was very pleasantly surprised by the level of service and the ease with which our city-break happened. The only thing BA lack is the 'human touch'. I booked a short break away for our first wedding anniversary, booking the flight, hotel and private transfer on BA's website. We glided through T5 at Heathrow and were well looked after in the Club lounge. The flight to Barcelona was on time and, when we arrived, a driver was waiting for us. We were taken to our hotel in a comfortable Mercedes and the hotel - K+K Picasso - was all we anticipated. On the date of our departure our paperwork said we would be collected 3 hours before our flight was due to depart - and we were! Another comfortable trip back to the airport and, once again, we glided through. A brilliant break - without any human contact at all.

British Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by M Harley    (Australia)

I booked an aisle seat 4 months before travel with both Cathy Pacific and BA, outward travel got the seat with Cathay but not with BA. No reason given, on asking about my seat was told cabin full. On homeward trip asked at Edinburgh, told no you have middle seat, explained I booked an aisle seat, told to ask at Heathrow. Lady was so dismissive so endured almost 12 hours in middle seat again with BA. Was so disappointed with BA, how is it possible that Cathay can give me the seat I choose 4 months in advance but BA ignored my request. Total disregard for my prior booking and unfriendly dismissive attitude from staff at Heathrow. I am an older retired lady and I was completely ignored by all staff.

British Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by B Rouve    (Switzerland)

Flew BA 2202 on Sunday April 6th from Cancun to Gatwick. Although we fly regularly this route this last experience with BA was not to remember. The premium economy seats and LCD screens are now really way substandard. The food is basic, especially when you are given a sandwich with tomato for breakfast (why not a croissant?) and a cereal bar made from cardboard. Also on this flight the staff was particularly inattentive, non existent and want-to-be- somewhere-else.

British Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by A Dave    (USA)

We flew round trip from LAX to Madrid via London in Bus Class (Club Europe), A380 in the LAX-London sector, March 26-April 5th. We had one of the worst experiences for the LAX-London sectors both ways! Going, flight delayed by 1.5 hrs. and we barely made our London-Madrid connection with no help anywhere from BA reps at London airport! Return was horrible. Boarding in London on time and sitting in the plane for 3+hrs. Throughout the flight, the attendants' attitude was sulky and inattentive! landed at LAX 3 hrs late, sat in the plane for 20 mins and everyone got up with their luggage to depart the plane but were we were asked to sit down because they parked at some unknown location! Again to another location and then in a Bus to LAX Int'l Terminal!

British Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by O Ekland    (Norway)

BA770, LHR-OSL, Club Class. A320 with said new Club Europe seats (according to crew). Fixed configuration 3-3 with vacant mid-seat (2-2). If this is the long awaited refurbishment of Club Europe, it is disappointing. It is a step down from the "old" / recent seats, where A and C are pushed together and D and F are pulled apart, creating a distinct BA club class cabin product and seat config. Furthermore, the curtain-cabin-divider was only partly installed, and two overhead lockers in the small club cabin taped shut/broken. Two tray tables in my row were broken. BA came fairly close to loosing a loyal customer.

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by A Turner    (UK)

Flew BA106 night flight from DXB to LHR on 6th April, had 4 seats in Business for the family and I. Used the lounge before departing which is located between gates 22/26, which was quite some distance away from the departure gate C11, which logistically just doesn't make sense. The layout of the business class seating with BA just doesn't work, particularly when compared with the equivalent with Emirates or Virgin. The way the foot rest is designed means that when flat you have no easy access to the aisle if you are located in the middle two seats, you have to carefully climb over the seats in front of you should you wish to use the toilet, it's like playing twister at 35000 feet. When climbing back in be careful of the locking arm on the footrest when it's at 90 degrees as when you climb back over you may slam your shin onto it. The ergonomics of the seats just don't work, storage on the floor once the foot rest is down is hard to reach, getting out of the chair is difficult, having food served to you though the hatch is awkward and difficult. The Cabin crew on duty that night just weren't that helpful, accommodating or welcoming, my view was they did the least possible to service the flight. I had to ask for papers, which I never got, I had to ask for drink top up's, had to ask for tea/coffee at breakfast, just not what you would expect when paying business class fares (4 business class fares). Throughout the whole flight, at no point did the crew walk the isle and just make themselves present, check on the passengers, in fact it was a rather turbulent flight, probably lasting for at least two hours, not once did they check or reassure any of the passengers. There was clearly something amiss with this crew, I flew out on the 109 a week earlier and the crew on that flight were absolutely brilliant, couldn't have done more for the passengers and really did BA proud, it really is a shame that there is such a massive gap in what should be a universal service delivery, I would not consider this route again with BA, only Emirates or Virgin who provide a better cabin and consistent service levels.

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by J McConkey    (Australia)

Flew Sydney-Hong Kong on Qantas in their impeccable First, and transferred to BA to try our their new A380. Seated in 1A - seat is next to 2 storage cupboards under stairs and staff constantly opening and closing all night for personal stuff plus the mattress covers, blanks for First seats. Had tasting menu - the food was woeful - and crew setting next course on my table before I had finished previous course - whole 'experience' over in about 20mins. Crew friendly but lacked experience and professionalism of the previous QF flight. Flown on better budget airlines!

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Robert Nugent    (UK)

Glasgow to Heathrow, Heathrow to LA, 18th March. LA to Heathrow, Heathrow to Glasgow, 30th March. Firstly I would like to say our experience on all 3 flights: 2 domestic and 2 international, my only complaint was on the return night flight back from USA on waking after a nights sleep I was looking forward to a typical British Breakfast. What a big letdown when my breakfast arrived and I was given a cardboard box containing a hard croissant, granola bar, tea butter jam. This is not what we expect.

1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.