British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  30 January 2014 by Jake Smith    (UK)

London Heathrow T5 to Baltimore. Following on from my recent poor experience using the United Boeing 757 service from Manchester (see report of 31 December) it was a joy to get back onto British Airways. Boeing 767, configured 2-3-2, ideal for a couple travelling together. BA are still the best across the Atlantic. Food good, free drinks and no problems getting refills. Entertainment choice excellent, even if the personal TV screen is a bit old. Immigration at Baltimore ok - I don't think they get many overseas flights so its relatively easier than big airports.

British Airways Customer review :  30 January 2014 by Jennifer Bentley    (UK)

Travelled SIN-SYD on a codeshare so this sector was BA on a 777. Rear facing seat was ok but it is odd to have to climb over your neighbour's feet when getting out of the seat. The main thing I noticed in comparison with other carrier's business class was the lack of storage space which is odd for Club World: no shoe space, very limited areas around seat to put glasses, drinks, books etc. Although it was good to have a flat bed, the experience did not compare favourably with CX.

British Airways Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Peter Wilson    (UK)

We flew last Friday 24th January, returning Monday on the 3pm flight from Marco Polo to London City. Both flights were excellent and on time. Super fast check in and exit at London City. What a pleasure. On return we were moved to the exit seat as the plane was quite which was great. Staff efficient and friendly.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Paul Whiteley    (UK)

A tale of two flights. Travelled Club World LHR-NRT-LHR on 777-300 aircraft over the New Year period, using Avios points to upgrade from World Traveller Plus. Service on the outward flight was great, in particular the male attendant looking after the right-hand of the cabin. On the same flight the CSD came up to me and offered me congratulations, with me thinking this was due to me reaching a milestone birthday. However, it was because me and my partner had achieved Silver Tier status - a very nice and impressive touch. The return flight couldn't have been more different with an extremely indifferent attendant. I have no problem with a lack of smile/personality but a lack of interest in customers was unacceptable, in my opinion. Catering was fine on both flights, but the lack of immediate personal storage space on the 777-300 was disappointing. Finally, BA's hard product is decidedly average compared to the quality Middle-East and Asian carriers, and the 8-staggered seating arrangement in J class doesn't do them any favours. Overall, using points to upgrade justifies the value of J class on BA but I'm not sure I'd see it the same way if I had paid for J on the return flight.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by J Tinning    (Austria)

5th Jan from Vienna to Heathrow on flight 705. Incredibly busy flight, I'll try to avoid this one next time. Good catering and professional crew. The last rows are not comfortable - no recline, and they feel cramped in comparison with all other rows. I will avoid that row for sure. The plus side was having the crew just behind to talk to throughout the flight, who were very friendly. I am fond of BA but I should have been more careful selecting seats.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by S Dare    (UK)

Having not travelled long haul on BA for a number of years I was looking forward to how things may have changed, unfortunately it was just the same. We flew LHR-JFK-LHR on a 15 year old B777, although I am sure the maintenance is top notch the interior fit is old and worn. The entertainment is very limited and a small screen that cuts out every 10 mins. Overhead lockers where the hinges were broken were held together with gaffer tape. On the plus side the staff are fantastic and drinks plentiful, they try really hard and were always on hand to help. Return trip was on a B747 again old and showing it age but a pleasant enough flight. I travel frequently on the middle east carriers and BA really are years behind in equipment and service.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by N Whittaker    (Thailand)

BKK-LHR-BKK, the flight out from BKK to LHR was very comfortable and welcoming. Food was standard, entertainment was very good. Nothing to complain about and would highly recommend on these basis. The journey back to BKK was very different. My husband and I was seated separately and the staff couldn't help much. In the end, we had to ask the lovely gentleman who was seated next to me, if he was ok to move (as I also had my 2 children). He was so polite and didn't mind changing. No help from BA. The stewardess/Stewards were the rudest I have experienced. Very unprofessional. Terminal 5 was a horrible experience. It just wasn't smooth flowing and inefficient.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by K Haig    (UK)

Travelled World Traveller Plus GLA-LHR-ORD-MCO on 28/12/13 and returned MCO-LGW-GLA on 09/01/12. I can't fault BA for punctuality or staff friendliness but standard of service and age of planes need addressed. Disappointed with the WTP service and the disparity between the level of service offered on our 2 trans-atlantic legs. WTP should be the same whatever flight you are on but this wasn't the case, our LHR-ORD leg was superior in every way to our MCO-LGW flight with different drinks offerings, food offerings and service levels being offered on each one. The WTP cabin on both planes need an upgrade urgently, I had to sit on the cushion provided on the MCO-LGW leg as the seat had so little padding and on the LHR-ORD leg my footrest was broken and wouldn't stay down. Also the IFE was not up to scratch and when compared to other airlines is antiquated. Overall not impressed with WTP and wouldn't spend the extra again unless no alternatives were available.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Bob Motto    (UK)

Travelled BA429, AMS to LHR in Club Europe, the aircraft was a 767 - I still love these aircraft's they are a great aircraft for travelling in and are spacious compared to the airbuses which usually fly this route. The cabin crew were friendly and very helpful and the service was as always a high standard. Towards the end of the flight the CSD spoke to each passenger in Club by name and asked how they were and if they enjoyed the flight. As a Gold member this is always a nice interaction and a change to thank the crew for a great flight. I travel British Airways every week for work, I always know what I am getting with regard to service and professionalism with them.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Michael French    (UK)

London to Los Angeles and back. Very pleasant flights in Club World. Outbound flight on a very new (1 week old) A380. Cabin crew very friendly and efficient. Catering very good. Good and wide selection of in flight entertainment. Seat as always enabled meaningful sleep on return over night journey.

British Airways Customer review :  25 January 2014 by A Soufan    (UK)

LHR-BEY and return. Both flights on time, a comfy A321 with good legroom and inflight entertainment, the only downside of the flight was the service on board, the food was tasteless and cabin crew not the friendliest, but I must admit BA offered a very cheap flights to Beirut, 270 for return flights. Would definitely use them again if the prices remains the same.

British Airways Customer review :  23 January 2014 by Guy Elton    (UK)

Travelled from Heathrow - Bangkok, January 2014, we usually travel with Emirates, however having a baby this year we wanted a non stop flight. At check in, we were told that we were not seated together! Upgraded to premium so we could be. The seat was comfy enough, however the service was shocking, the food was 'ok' I would never fly BA long haul again.

British Airways Customer review :  22 January 2014 by Mike Palmer    (UK)

LHR to Berlin Tegel and return in club on avios points. The north club lounge in T5 is looking quite scruffy with the furniture needing replacement. Toilets are being refurbed which meant queuing for the toilets. Just missed lunch time so limited snacks available - an underwhelming experience overall. Boarding spoilt by surly and rude ground staff. Pushed back early and a prompt start to the inflight service. Afternoon tea (again) was three tiny finger sandwiches, packaged cake and warm scones. The cutting back continues with no butter, a tiny pot of clotted cream, jam handed out on request and UHT milk pots. I don't get why a 1600 departure is served afternoon tea when a hot meal would be far more appropriate given an early evening arrival in Berlin. The service fell apart when the purser headed into WT due to an incident, and the hapless remaining crew disappeared, left trays out and stopped serving drinks. Fortunately crew from the back of the plane, noticed call bells and recovered the situation well after 15 mins of nothing. Early arrival into Tegel and bags off promptly. Return was a lot better, the club lounge is fine with an ok choice for a light breakfast. Late boarding due to slow security but an on time departure. The senior crew provided excellent service with a smile. A pleasant chicken salad was promptly served with a couple of drinks runs. An early arrival and prompt priority bags rounded off a good return flight. I do think BA need a good hard look at what I regard as a tired club service (especially the afternoon tea and it's timing) with the whole experience in need of a refresh and some money spent on bringing it up to the standard of some other European carriers.

British Airways Customer review :  21 January 2014 by M Studzinski    (Poland)

Warsaw-London-Lisbon, both flights on A320. Both flights on time, not the newest airplanes, and it shows, but seats were ok, with enough legroom. Good announcements from the flight deck, cabin crew kept theirs to minimum. Food was a flat bread with some chicken and drinks. The only problem I always have with BA crew is that you never know what to expect. You may have some cheerful, or very old and very grumpy. Luggage was left in London, I got it the next morning. There are much better options to fly with.

British Airways Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Robert Ramsay    (UK)

Flew BA Sunday night from LHR-JED. After recent quite lukewarm experiences long haul on a BA economy flight to Toronto and a quite limp business class trip to Tokyo I didn't expect too much on this economy plus ageing 767. I was however impressed as the service was very good and attentive , the catering quality and service was high the seating in the very empty roomy cabin good with the extra legroom a big bonus, unfortunately like the 777 the shortage of toilets is an issue. All in all the most promising trip I have experienced with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  21 January 2014 by A Aweidah    (Palestinian Territory)

I had not been on a BA economy class flight for a few years and I was dreading the TLV-LHR-TLV flight especially after reading the reviews here. As it turns out the A321 was quite new and clean with what was probably the most comfortable economy class seats I have experienced and I am a big tall guy. Inflight entertainment was good and managed to watch two movies on the way out. Food and cabin service were very basic, staff very indifferent and overworked on very full flights. The price was very good and even cheaper than Easyjet on the same route. Would definitely fly them again but only in economy and if the price is right.

British Airways Customer review :  20 January 2014 by B Hunt    (UK)

Gatwick to Alicante on 737 outbound and A320 inbound. BA fares for Club Europe are no longer value for money for the amount being paid. Cabin service was non existent after meal service and the food was disgraceful for business class on both sectors. The 737 is now over 20 years old and it showed. Although A320 is modern the seat comfort/pitch felt less than 34 inches. For short haul BA flights I will only fly economy from now on. BA should look again at what their competitors are offering on Club Europe services as they are not keeping up with the market in my opinion with the exception of the airfare being paid.

1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.