British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  3 January 2014 by N Tagg    (UK)

LHR-BCN, 21/12, BCN-LHR, 30/12. Excellent flights! BA lounge in T5 (north) was fine - pretty full as it was the Sat before Xmas with a lot of long haul pax awaiting connections but staff kept everything clean and well stocked. Flight out on time, seats fine, crew excellent, very attentive. Landed on time, bags amongst first off. Return flight again excellent, pleasant and attentive crew who couldn't do enough for you. Highly recommended!

British Airways Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Krishnamoorthy Balaji    (UK)

LHR-MAA return. Flight was an old one but check-in easy and attendants smiling and friendly. Announcements were made in my regional language and I was surprised. Return was in premium economy, the seat was spacious, offered nice meal with hot towel and seat with lumbar support. Worth spending and travelling BA.

British Airways Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Richard Gordon    (UK)

LHR-Berlin. Outbound: Plane left the runway at 16.50 (pullback from gate was meant to be 16.00). We were 25 minutes late landing in Berlin. Purser took great pleasure in explaining every detail of what each cabin would receive in the short flight. I was surprised to see the dividing curtain between euro traveller and Club Europe was missing. Where's the privacy? We had an emergency exit row back in row 21 on this A321 Airbus. I found the curtain later, tucked up near the rear toilets. Very odd. Service was very good. Staff very well turned out. Bags off slowly, despite being bronze exec club member mine came off near last. Got personal welcome onboard at seat from purser though, as I am a frequent flyer, which I was impressed with. Return: Plane was 15 minutes late inbound. Smooth all-round service once onboard. BA tried to sell me 89 upgrade right up until the moment I boarded, via my mobile app. Not surprised: There was only 4 passengers in Club. Can't wait until they scrap Tegel and move to the new Berlin airport. Check-in very chaotic.

British Airways Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Russell David    (UK)

Very nearly perfect. LHR-GOT. T5 lounge was very good. Boarding was hassle free and flight departed early from Heathrow, arriving at Gothenburg twenty minutes early. On board service was good with a full English breakfast on offer which was actually quite good, however they did allow several economy passengers through the business cabin to use the toilet, something I never do when in economy and in Gothenburg airport priority baggage means your bag arrives virtually last! Overall though a very good experience.

British Airways Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Abdullah Maje    (UK)

I travelled from LHR to EWR and was happy with the service. The 787-800s are quiet, spacious and comfortable and although the flight left late, we arrived on time. Would definitely recommend and travel again.

British Airways Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Patrick Beet    (UK)

We were due fly to fly home to Heathrow from Dulles on the Sunday of the Thanksgiving weekend. We allowed 7 hours to drive the 200 miles from Norfolk Virginia but still arrived too late at the airport as the flight was loading. I was dreading the cost and hassle that our error would cause. I need not of worried, the BA staff were sympathetic, helpful and efficient and got us on a flight leaving in 3 hours. They also rang through to the lounge to say we were on our way and to reserve a table for us for dinner. Brilliant service!

British Airways Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Chris Willett    (UK)

My wife and 3 children we care for flew with BA from Gatwick to Tampa on 28/12/2013, the flight was full and as a result of this we were in two separate cabins. I am a gold member with BA. I asked if the children could join us in the first lounge, this request was denied as it was a busy day. Not having seen the notice in the lounge I took 3 small cans of drink and 3 packets crisps out to them, on my return I was humiliated by a member of the lounge staff being told it was a big no no taking food from the lounge. The flight then went technical and we were delayed for two hours. On board the service could have not been better. The cabin manager was fantastic understanding why our party was in two separate cabins, she allowed one of the children to sit with my wife for take off and landing, arranged for the children to visit the flight deck prior to push back and allowed me to visit them during the flight. Staff on this flight were a credit to BA. The plane was an aged 777-200 three class version showing signs of wear but everything worked, the food in Club was awful, had a filet steak that you would have needed a Stanley knife to cut it with. The captain made up some of the delayed time and we all arrived in Tampa about one hour late. The Avios rewards are generous which in turn commands loyalty. The BA equipment out of Gatwick is old tatty and is due for an upgrade but I understand that they are well maintained and my comment is a cosmetic one.

British Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Colin Renfrew    (UK)

Flew Glasgow to Heathrow return on December 23rd. Outbound flight bumpy due to storms hitting the UK. The return flight due to depart at 21.15, finally left at 00.30, arriving in Glasgow at around 01.30. Despite the delays, due to wind gusting at Heathrow, the full plane load of passengers were glad to finally get there. The take off was rather frightening. Crew were very professional and very British!

British Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Greg Brindley    (Australia)

Having only experienced Premium Economy three times prior to this experience with BA, I may not be the best judge. I had read much about the revamped BA Premium Economy or World Traveller Plus as they call it, with some glowing but many poor reports. Fortunately we flew on BA 16 and 15 from Sydney to Singapore and return. Fortunate in that it meant we flew on their 2012/2013 released 777-300 planes. New with the latest technology and all of the associated goodies. I was looking forward to it. But then the reality hit. Unlike the quality you expect with the likes of Qantas, what first struck me on entering Premium Economy with BA was how 'average' it looked. So be it. There were no smiley faces with the staff, no greetings, just take your seat and wait. Eventually, some 30 to 45 minutes after take off we were offered a drink. I went with a white wine, likewise my wife. Offered in a small plastic bottle at room temperature! I later tried a sparkling; once again at room temperature! Finally, on a 7 hour trip I was able to secure a third drink; this time a beer, and it came at room temperature. The seats, space and entertainment systems are fine. Food. Forget about it. Served on the same style of plastic everything as in Economy and with the same content as in economy, it had me wondering why I paid a premium of more than 130% over the super economy pricing available when booking. Toilets. There aren't any, you have to make your way through economy to toilets say a dozen rows into it. Return flight: Picture the same as experienced on the flight over, but add in the fact that the entertainment system packed it in half way and well, I can assure you that I will never fly British Airways again.

British Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Scott Steenburgh    (USA)

I flew from Denver to London and back and it was a pleasant flight. Given the size of an international flight plane and the number of staff, the staff did a reasonable job providing service. The food was fine for an airplane. I would have liked the crew to have done a 2nd drink pass through the plane, but you can ask for something or fly business.

British Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by David Perez    (Spain)

MAD-LHR-MAD: Very impressed by the service I received from on line check in right through to baggage reclaim at Madrid Barajas on the return flight, this was in fact the only glitch, a 45 minute wait at the baggage carousel at T4. Unfortunately this is usually the case but not really BA's fault as their ground handling is done by Iberia. The fights were on time and operated by newish and very clean A320s. Two bar runs, tea or coffee and a choice of a sandwiches or wraps and fresh fruit on both flights. Very efficient and very friendly all male Spanish speaking cabin crews on both flights too, and informative announcements from the pilot.

British Airways Customer review :  25 December 2013 by D Chamberlain    (UK)

Another flight Heathrow T3 to Lisbon - my second in a week. The lounge was very good - T3 galleries is a good quality lounge with excellent wine choice, plenty of room and choice of seating. Fight was late departing (not BA's fault) and the service was slightly less efficient than usual. Needed to ask a number of times for things whilst the cabin crew stayed behind their curtain chatting and reading magazines. This is unusual for BA, with whom I travel regularly and BA should try to ensure consistency across all flights. Very good food and refreshments. Disappointing that, as too often, business class luggage storage and loos seem to be 'open to all'. Elderly aircraft, not great condition, hoping that BA will upgrade its fleet soon.

British Airways Customer review :  25 December 2013 by D Chamberlain    (UK)

Flew Heathrow T3 to Lisbon, business class. Excellent lounge at T3 and flew a little late on an elderly aircraft. Chaotic with luggage - free for all with all passengers able to use the business class luggage storage which was disappointing and happens all to frequently on BA. Excellent cabin crew - attentive, polite, friendly ad pro active - a really impressive service. This is not always the case with BA but happens more often than not and this flight was excellent. Good communications from flight deck.

British Airways Customer review :  23 December 2013 by Dafna Adler    (USA)

The worst customer service of any airline I have flown. Flew from Prague to NYC with a stop in London. We were delayed 5 hours on the first leg of the flight and 12 hours on the 2nd leg of the flight. We were not compensated and not given any food on either flight. In contacting customer service, they offered us minimal discount and vouchers for another flight on British Airways.

British Airways Customer review :  21 December 2013 by Georgiadis Iordanis Ion    (Greece)

BA 94, 18 Dec, YUL-LHR. BA 632, 19 Dec, LHR-ATH, economy class. The food is inedible. Staff do not care. The planes were both late, they started boarding late and took forever to board. Secondly the food was inedible. The service was bad and it took forever to take trays away. Personnel have a poor attitude and are impolite. I will avoid flying this airline again.

1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.