British Airways

"pleasure to fly with a great airline"

Trip Verified | Flew Funchal to London Gatwick. Just wanted to thank the staff on the aircraft for retrieving my game console, was a pleasure to fly with a great airline like British Airways. I left my console on the flight, once I realised that I have left it behind I headed over to the help desk which is located in the baggage control area. The staff were friendly and happy to assist me, the gentlemen made a call and while this was happening the air hostess appeared with my console in hand. This has really made me appreciate flying with a high quality airline. Future flights to Madeira are most certainly going to be with British Airways.
RouteFunchal to London Gatwick
Date FlownNovember 2017

"One issue after another!"

Trip Verified | Flew Newcastle to San Francisco via London Heathrow with British Airways. One issue after another! The flight from Newcastle boarded early but due to weather conditions in London, we departed late. We should have had a two hour lay-over for our connecting flight but arrived only thirty minutes prior to departure to San Francisco and were told at disembarkation that we had been re-routed via Washington! Our booked flight to San Francisco also departed late and we sat in the lounge watching it push back. We finally got on the Washington bound aircraft but were again delayed in order to allow late arriving passengers from Amsterdam to catch the flight. The delay meant that the late departure was then caught up in a computer problem at Heathrow thus delaying the flight further. We eventually arrived in Washington twenty minutes before the next connecting flight - there was an announcement over the tannoy system for us to hurry up but no physical help available. Obviously we missed the flight and spent the next hour (around about 23.00) trying to find help at the check-in desk in a practically empty airport. United (acting on behalf of BA) checked us onto a flight the following morning and the BA staff eventually found us a hotel room thirty minutes drive away. Ironically, the BA personnel had been busy ensuring the the passengers from Amsterdam that had caused the late departure made their connecting flight and were therefore not available to help us! We were also downgraded to economy on the flight between Washington and San Francisco as business class was full. We eventually got to San Francisco about 22 hours after our scheduled arrival. BA offered no compensation for either the time lost or the down-grade in class. They did pay for the taxi from the hotel and the cost of the pre-booked (but unused) hotel in San Francisco. The airline blamed everything on circumstances and would not accept any responsibility. Not a good experience at all and nobody really cares!
RouteNewcastle to San Francisco via London Heathrow
Date FlownAugust 2017

"BA needs to improve and fast"

Trip Verified | Manchester to London. We were flying business class and expected a fast track boarding, but alas the fast track boarding queue was longer than normal boarding queue! Then on the flight it was the case of 2 ends of the plane on either side of the curtain, those in the front were offered a quick sandwich and a drink those behind had to purchase. The short flight was on time, the leg room in front of the plane was exactly same as at the rear except the middle seat was blocked off! Though it felt like business class in the plane, on the ground pre boarding it certainly did not! BA needs to improve and fast?
AircraftA320-200
RouteManchester to London
Date FlownOctober 2017

"check in my carry on luggage for free"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | London to Athens. On the date of the flight I received a text message and an email saying my flight is full so I could check in my carry on luggage for free, later on another text saying that I will have 46 minute delay. I was at the airport almost 3 plus hours before. Checked in at the machines but It couldn't allocate my seat number. Then a British airways assistant came and successfully gave me my boarding pass with my seat number. Seating at a cafe I was checking the tv screen every 5-10 minutes and it said delay 12:46. My flight was scheduled for 12:00. At 11:45 I tried to pass through security but the machine would allow me to scan my boarding pass and asked me to seek assistance. The security officer told me that I lost the flight because my flight was at 12:00 and suggested me to go to counter C1. Now at the counter C1 a lady told me that the flight was at 12:00 and I lost it. While I was explaining that the flight will be delayed she made phone calls and tried to explain the whole situation. Then she told me to go through security because the bar code on my boarding pass will be valid for 2 minutes! Went straight to my exit and it was packed from people sitting. Waited at the gate for another almost hour and in total the delay on arrival to Athens was 1hr 20mins.
RouteLondon to Athens
Date FlownNovember 2017

"sad to see how BA service went down"

Trip Verified | Very disappointing. I was scheduled on a British Airways flight to connect to a long haul flight at Heathrow and having flown BA in the past it was very sad to see how BA service went down this year. Meal and drinks for purchase, uninspired staff and delay on inbound flight. I would fly a low cost carrier instead, since that's exactly what BA now achieves. Many years ago it was one of the european flagship carriers and it was fun to fly BA, now it's just another shrinking violet.
AircraftA320/319
RouteBerlin Tegel to London Heathrow
Date FlownNovember 2017

"a no frills business class"

Trip Verified | This was really a no frills business class. This flight was part of trip with Qatar Airways. Unfortunately, the London to Doha was operated by British Airways. The seat is cramped and really outdated compared to the other major airlines. The IFE was really poor with old screen system and poor range of options. The meal was not good related to the price you have to pay. The FAs were really dull, nothing wrong but no effort to communicate with passengers like FAs from other airlines. BA really need to refresh or renovate their business class cabin. It might be excellent innovation back in mid 2000s but the industry has moved on.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Doha
Date FlownOctober 2017

"British Airways is seriously lacking"

Trip Verified | British Airways is seriously lacking in all areas. Singapore to Sydney return in economy. Fly the route often, usually with Qantas which are great. The flight out to Sydney is only 7.5 hours and over night - most people are looking to maximise their sleep. Especially those who have come from London. Cabin crew were surly, unhelpful and seemed rushed and disorganised. After departure they took almost three hours to get the dinner service over and done with and turn off the lights so people could get some rest. During the flight cabin crew chatted loudly and seemed unaware that people may actually want to rest and get some sleep. The food is very average also. Two hours before landing, they serve a pre landing breakfast snack of a sandwich wrapped in plastic. No tea or coffee. The competition is too strong for this route. I would never use them again.
RouteSingapore to Sydney
Date FlownNovember 2017

"BA is shameless and embarrassing"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Basel. Boarding: There are now so many 'priority boarding' passengers that all those who do not fall into this category are left to feel like second-class citizens. (The new numbering system is likely to cement this impression further.) Since I was traveling on a 'low-price' ticket, I found myself seated right at the back of the airplane. Yes, BA appears intent on replicating England's class system! On board there was a delay of 40 minutes due to a French ATC strike. Obviously, this was not BA's fault, but no drinks, not even water was offered during the wait on the tarmac. After take off, the drinks trolley moved painfully slowly down the cabin. Why BA offer heated sandwiches, further slowing down their BOB service even further, when only two ec cabin crew are serving in the first place, is beyond me. The no-cash policy further contributes to the snail-pace progress of the trolley. The trolley (and a cup of tea) was within grasping distance as the captain announced we would be landing in ten minutes. End of service. Someone at the back quipped, 'So you opted for the premium seats, too!' Yes, BA is a joke, its attitude towards passengers (its customers) shameless and embarrassing. It wasn't until I had left the airport that I was able to get that cup of tea. Needless to say, Eurowings and EasyJet do things much better.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Basel
Date FlownNovember 2017

"poor quality product crew have to support"

Trip Verified | Miami to London Heathrow. A bit of a mixed bag. Boarding at Miami was conducted efficiently and the flight departed on time, albeit that some passengers were still getting into their seats as the aircraft was pushed back! So much for safety. Seat would not remain in the upright position resulting in an uncomfortable flight and subsequent aching back on arrival at Heathrow. Also my wife’s IFE failed mid flight. Impossible to hear information from the flight deck. These ageing 747’s really are in desperate need of replacement. The congealed chicken curry was disgusting and unpalatable, the alternative pasta dish was deemed acceptable. The minimal breakfast offering leaves a lot to be desired. The only redeeming feature was the excellent service provided by the young enthusiastic cabin crew. They must feel very demoralised given the poor quality product they have to support. Flight arrived early and luggage was delivered promptly.
RouteMiami to London Heathrow
Date FlownNovember 2017

"the worst airline I have flown"

Trip Verified | Prague to Washington via London. British Airways has turned out to be the worst airline I have flown. Unfortunately I am forced to fly them often from PRG, if I want to connect on their One World partner AA, which I have Exec Plat status with. BA charges for everything, including water. PRG-LHR is on a small business class seat (same as in economy), dried up breakfast that was tasteless, flight attendants that could not care less and when I asked for coffee told me they were landing soon (40 mins before landing) and that I should have thought of it earlier. London to Washington was on a broken down 747, seat sofa which you are supposed to lie on broke down and caved in on the floor. Had to be moved twice before they found functioning seat. Food was dried up beef with red that gave me a headache after two sips. Entertainment system has about 40 movies, compared to about 200 options on AA flights. Overall horrible experience. The extra added costs for flying over LHR and paying extra tax is ridiculous. BA, what is it about your flights PRG-LHR, with your onboard luggage allowance only? They charge USD 100 for a checked in luggage even to Emerald partners? Horrible food, aircraft, LHR and transfer experience. Good luck BA, will avoid at all costs. Included a picture from the bathroom which was broken.
RoutePrague to Washington via London

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG). Since 2016 British Airways has been implementing cost-cutting across many parts of the customer product, with the 4-Star Airline rating held by BA for many years under review.

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL