British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  12 February 2014 by T Sezen    (USA)

In February 2014 me and my wife flew from San Francisco to Istanbul via London. Unfortunately once a fine airline company has declined so much that I know consider them certainly one of the worst airlines. On 10 hour flight from San Francisco to London the cabin was unbearably hot. We were dehydrated and during the flight only one cup of water was offered. Flight attendants were hiding nowhere to be seen during the whole flight accept when they offered meals. The dinner consisted of pasta which was awful. All employees were rude. I am an executive club member and enjoyed my experience in the past but since their merger with American Airlines they are no longer the same airline.

British Airways Customer review :  12 February 2014 by M Sinko    (Australia)

LHR-MAD, 9 Feb 14, Business Class, A320. The aircraft was very old and tatty. The leather seats were worn and cracked and there seemed to be a general film of grime on every surface of the plane. No inflight entertainment whatsoever. It seems that BA Business Class is that in name only. The seats are just normal economy class seats, including the seat pitch which seemed to be about 30 inches. They call it Business Class by virtue of it being at the front of the plane and by ensuring that the middle seat is free. You pay for Business Class and get economy seating, leg cramps and the seat in front of you reclining into your face. The only upside was that the service was fine and the meal (breakfast, bacon, eggs, sausage etc) was pretty good.

British Airways Customer review :  10 February 2014 by R Brooks    (UK)

Flew from Cancun to Gatwick last week in Club World on a B777 ER. My wife and I sat in seats 2a and b. The seats were reasonably comfortable in a sitting position, but for sleeping the were awful, unless you can sleep on your back. You have no chance of sleeping on your side as there is no extra width to turn over. The blankets are thin and tatty, and the pillows like wafer biscuits. You get a little comfort bag with socks, lip balm, toothbrush etc. Unbelievably, you don't get eye patches or ear plugs for the overnight flight. You have to ask for them! The crew spend all of the 9 hr flight rushing back and for the galley getting all the food out as quick as possible. The dinner menu started 90 mins into flight, we had the fillet steak which was just ok. Breakfast came 5 hrs later, which was fruit juice, yoghurt, danish and a bacon roll. Compared to Cathay Pacific business class, this was far behind. Would I spend my hard earned cash with BA again in club world, I doubt it very much which is a shame.

British Airways Customer review :  10 February 2014 by M Jacques    (UK)

First long-haul flight with BA for a long time and pleasantly surprised. The only negative was the poor quality of the food ex Hong Kong. Travelled on one of the new A380s from HKG to LHR and must say what a very good aircraft this is, so much quieter than the 747 or 777. Cabin crews on all legs were attentive and friendly, and information from the flight deck professional and informative. A vast improvement from my last experience.

British Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by John Brooksbank    (UK)

Travelled from Heathrow to Las Vegas return. The seats mid aisle should be avoided if you don't want to perform acrobatics jumping over fellow travellers when going to the toilets. If you're 6 feet tall you will struggle to find comfort in the seat bed position. The entertainment screen is small with a very limited choice. The screen itself had to be wedged open with cardboard on the return flight. Like me, if your seat is to the rear of the cabin you probably won't get your choice of meal which, if you choose a side salad, is no bad thing. Very disappointing flight but the cabin crew were very good. I'll choose another airline in future.

British Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by J Gallagher    (UK)

From Boston to Heathrow on 777 with new interior. Severe snow storm delayed flight almost four hours and praise to the captain for getting out of that. served hot breakfast or by then brunch but before landing instead of at least a sandwich after such a long time on board the crew felt ashamed to only offer a packed of nuts or a sugary cake for lunch. Not good.

British Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by J Aberg    (Sweden)

CPH-LHR-CPT and back, and this was hopefully my last long-haul trip on BA for quite some time. There was a time when flying BA was a treat, even in economy, but now it is mostly an ordeal. I believe that you can only cut costs until a certain point where it becomes really painful, but BA is way past that mark. I have been a Gold or Silver member of the Executive Club for more than 15 years, so I believe that I have a reasonably good benchmark for comparison. This particular trip was so uninspiring and lack-lustre that I am prepared to pay a premium and go with Lufthansa or another solid carrier for my next trip to South Africa. On a positive note, the fare offered was very competitive, but the value for money just was not there. The planes look worn and shabby, at least on the inside. I am usually very pleased with the short-haul planes (Airbus) that BA is using for the CPH-LHR leg, but they both looked very old and tired. The Boeing 747s are really showing their age, and you can always assume that either the IFE and/or reading lights are out of function, and this time was no exception. The food that is advertised as a three-course gourmet dinner on the BA web-site, is not something that I would even consider serving my worst enemies! There are still some crew that are excited about their jobs, but they are very few. The transfer process and security at Heathrow are both so dysfunctional that even some other large hubs like Paris-CDG and Frankfurt feel really attractive in comparison. All in all, I would not recommend BA or LHR Terminal 5 to anybody, given their current states.

British Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by M Feakes    (Australia)

Flew economy Chengdu CTU to London LHR in January as part of a long trek from China to Argentina and was pleased with this first leg. The flight was about 11 hours and was uneventful, passing over some terrific scenery and also affording good views coming into London. The crew were friendly and helpful, and the food fine (better than on the Iberia flight MAD-EZE). Was quite a full flight but the seat was comfortable and spacious enough, though the IFE could be better. Was a perfectly fine, comfortable flight, will be happy to fly on the return leg with BA next month.

British Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by M Steele    (Australia)

On a recent flight to the UK from AUS I felt mostly comfortable, however the very cramped Economy Seating was painful. There is nothing worse than being in stuck in a narrow seat and uncomfortable chair for 15hrs on a long flight. I'd also like to add that the Video Screens are of an awful quality, blurry and very slow in their operations. Once again a frustrating and only form of entertainment that can crash and freeze up when using it. The movie choice were plenty and quite good I thought, nut no reason why there still couldn't of been double the choices. Interruptions to movies were frequent on landing approaches, this really is annoying and a video or audio overlay would be far better then a blanket cut-off several times. Staff were very nice and I commend BA on them.

British Airways Customer review :  5 February 2014 by Anne Conroy    (UK)

I flew to Kingston, Jamaica with BA. It was a 9 hour flight. Premium economy seats were adequate (I am 5'8 and 11 stone). We were fed about an hour after takeoff, with a light meal, then given nothing for the next 6 + hours - think we were given one fruit juice. Then given "afternoon tea", a self-assembly stale-ish cream scone with jam, and tea or coffee. BA have got very tight with their catering. Breakfast" was a muffin and a fruit yoghurt, sugar and more sugar.

British Airways Customer review :  5 February 2014 by I Lafferty    (UK)

LGW-GLA-LGW. Security at Gatwick was very busy, but was airside within 10 minutes. Flight to GLA was on an A319, the aircraft was in good condition, with good legroom and comfortable seats. As it was the first flight of the day a hot breakfast was served which was fine, the cabin crew were friendly and we arrived early into GLA. The return a couple of days later, was on a B737, much older aircraft, not as comfortable as the Airbus, drinks and snacks were served, cabin crew once again were very good and arrived early into LGW.

British Airways Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Amy Perry    (UK)

LHR-JFK, B747. EWR-LHR, B777. On our outbound flight to New York we flew on an ageing 747, we sat towards the back of the aircraft and we found the flight quite a pleasant experience. The onboard service was brilliant in my opinion, I had heard bad things before we flew with BA but I couldn't fault them. Meal service on the 747 wasn't as nice as our meal on the way back, however it was still edible and better than other airlines. Cabin crew outbound were brilliant, helped us out in the cabin when we needed somewhere to put our luggage. Inbound to LHR was brilliant, we had seating issues at the gate due to an aircraft change last minute but because of that we were upgraded to Premium Economy, or WTP and I have to say I've not experienced a better flight than our inbound flight to LHR which was through the night. Onboard manager kept the PAs to minimum unlike other airlines who constantly want to sell you things. WTP was absolutely lovely, food was gorgeous, seat s were incredibly comfortable and the cabin crew were outstanding, so professional everything was uniform. I would recommend BA and we are currently looking to go back to NY flying BA only!

British Airways Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Clive V Drake    (UK)

LHR-Hong Kong - on the all new A380. The plane is only 3 months old and it was nice to fly one of BA's new planes. In my view this was an opportunity to kit out a newer 1st Class and I was very under-whelmed by the product, compared with say Emirates which is a much better - mainly from a "space" perspective. I recently flew 1st on a BA 777-300ER and that seemed more spacious. I was comfortable enough to get a few hours good quality sleep - as the flight was smooth from beginning to end. The seat has an odd "island" design that houses the table - it seems to take up a huge amount of space that could easily make the seat wider if it was better designed. The "guest" seat is also badly designed and not worth sitting o for longer than it takes to slug back a Gin and Tonic. Don't BA - ever look at their competitors? Food was OK - nothing jaw dropping. FAs were terrific. Not worth the 7K return fare.

British Airways Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Richard Gordon    (UK)

Las Palmas - LHR. Club Europe. Much better return service. Better food and service was excellent. A320 is a bit of a small plane to fly 4h40m with 44 business class passengers and 2 crew to look after them I thought. Crew ran out of proper glasses and seemed to be rationing the champagne. The purser admitted to me that they'd had an 'eventful' flight on the way out, which I suspect meant that CE passengers drank the champagne bar almost dry.

British Airways Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Richard Gordon    (UK)

LHR-Las Palmas. Club Europe. Crew couldn't wait to serve the 'lunch' at 11am on this 3h50m flight and disappear behind the blue curtain. Despite there being 12 rows of business, it didn't feel much like service. No further drinks round. Not impressed. Couldn't wait to disembark. Felt like crew saw this longer European flight as an ordeal.

British Airways Customer review :  31 January 2014 by S Crocker    (UK)

Manchester-London-Rio in Club World. Manchester check in and lounge OK. The flight down to Heathrow was quick and comfortable for a short flight. The T5 South lounge at Heathrow was quite busy but had plenty of seats and a variety of food and snacks. We had seats 13A/13B on a 777-300 to Rio. Luckily for me 14B was empty so I did not have the problem of climbing over someone to get out. My wife in 13B however was kicked several times by the passenger in 12A. My backward facing seat took some getting used to but I have to say I was comfortable when both sitting and lying down. That said I have to echo other comments about the total lack of storage space. As we were travelling together we did not mind my food being passed over my wife, but I can see how irritating this would be for two strangers. The cabin crew were very friendly and attentive. The food was good in parts but not in others, my steak being dry and tasteless. The second meal was a strange revisiting of the first menu, instead of a totally different menu which is cost cutting in the extreme. Overall we enjoyed the flight, but given the prices they charge BA are now falling behind other airlines in terms of seating and catering and need to up their act.

British Airways Customer review :  31 January 2014 by F Odds    (UK)

I flew (economy) in late December from Heathrow to Auckland. The new A380 offered comfortable seats with reasonable legroom. Food was only average, but the cabin staff were friendly and welcoming, and cheerfully provided a round of aperitifs before dinner, with top-ups of tea and coffee offered spontaneously afterwards. My main reason for not rating high satisfaction for the trip comes from the final leg of the flight a Cathay Pacific codeshare from Hong Kong to Auckland. Quite apart from the usual irritation about codeshares (if I choose to fly with BA I don't expect to be decanted to another airline for part of the trip), this particular flight was especially blighted. The wretched "One World Alliance" has never worked for me, and this time I could not even be supplied in Heathrow with a boarding pass for the Hong Kong to Auckland stage of the trip. The experience of transferring to Cathay in Hong Kong in just 40 minutes to include picking up a boarding pass is not one I wish to repeat. There were 42 passengers in the same boat, so ultimately the connecting flight had to accept a half-hour delay. But the sheer inefficiency of this supposedly smooth "Alliance" requires some very serious attention by those who operate it. Please can the Alliance members agree similar standards for their flights (food provision, cabin baggage weight limits, etc.) and please can they get their computers to work 24/7?

British Airways Customer review :  30 January 2014 by Jake Smith    (UK)

London Heathrow T5 to Baltimore. Following on from my recent poor experience using the United Boeing 757 service from Manchester (see report of 31 December) it was a joy to get back onto British Airways. Boeing 767, configured 2-3-2, ideal for a couple travelling together. BA are still the best across the Atlantic. Food good, free drinks and no problems getting refills. Entertainment choice excellent, even if the personal TV screen is a bit old. Immigration at Baltimore ok - I don't think they get many overseas flights so its relatively easier than big airports.

1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved