British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  25 September 2014 by Stephen Mordey    (UK)

BA1326, LHR-NCL, 18/09/2014. As is the norm, flight departed late. Cabin crew somewhat passive aggressive. Going through security at T5 prior to boarding was a more customer friendly experience. Landed with the customary jolt at NCL. Is there an alternative? Of course not! Not an experience to make me want to make BA my long haul carrier of choice. And an experience which is repeated frequently.

British Airways Customer review :  25 September 2014 by Anita Sulley    (Canada)

We flew on the A380 from Heathrow to Jo'burg return, economy class. I thought the flight was excellent. The crew were very helpful and the meals were good. We flew in the bottom level one way, but the upper level on the return - I liked the upper level better. There are convenient storage units by the window seats. Keep in mind the overhead compartments are smaller upstairs though. Would definitely fly with them again.

British Airways Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Glaser Werner    (Austria)

LHR to PHL on 787, online check in worked well, T5 first class lounge very nice, good choice of drinks available, food could be better but nothing to complain about. Priority boarding worked well too. Service always very good (flying every month to the US). Did not eat anything because I wanted only to sleep. Had seat 3e (middle seat at the end of the first club world cabin) which gives you a lot of private space. Entertainment system good but a better selection necessary. Overall I can recommend BA, however on most of the Asian airlines you have roomier seats.

British Airways Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Akram EL Dimerdash    (Egypt)

BHD-LHR. I flew BA from Belfast George Best Airport to London, the flight was very good and on time, and uneventful. The crew was excellent and the aircraft was a new A319. The fare was ok.

British Airways Customer review :  23 September 2014 by J Rose    (UK)

Considering our outbound flight to Orlando was delayed a good 2 hours, I'm not sure why I expected better service from BA coming home. Over a day before our return flight was due, there was already a delay posted, bumping our flight up a whole three hours. The next morning we wake to find our flight now leaves at the break of the next day at half 12 in the evening! We booked our flight to leave Saturday so we would arrive home on Sunday and be able to go back to work for the Monday. But thanks to the reliability of British Airways, not only had we paid for two - now immensely - overpriced flights, we will be loosing money from not being able to attend our jobs! Absolutely disgusting show from BA, I honestly wouldn't even chance a brief flight with them for fear of having to cancel numerous plans due to the ineptitude of a shoddily run business! I won't be recommending BA, in fact I will actively encourage everyone I meet to avoid their awful business at all costs!

British Airways Customer review :  23 September 2014 by N Williams    (UK)

LHR-SIN in Economy. Very relaxed and prompt check in at T5. A good, attentive and humorous cabin crew, nice wine, dinner enjoyable, the same poor breakfast as 20 years ago. Very clean and tidy interior on 777. Punctual, and it goes without saying that the flight crew are excellent and you feel safe. Will definitely seek to use again.

British Airways Customer review :  19 September 2014 by I Cameron    (UK)

LHR-LIS in Club Europe (on Avios). Easy check-in and security. BA lounge reasonable - good selection of drinks, food slightly stale looking but tasty enough. Bus out to plane. Nice welcome in Club Europe cabin on brand new A320. Seats comfortable, albeit less legroom than expected. Food excellent, served by very attentive cabin crew. Good updates from pilot. Very good flight overall.

British Airways Customer review :  19 September 2014 by Kuhan Kandiah Chelvanathan    (Malaysia)

Flew between LHR and JFK and the return leg was IAD to LHR and onward to KUL on MH. I must say BA has an excellent product offering. The crew are extremely friendly and are attentive. They are kept busy the entire flight with juice and water being served consistently. The only setback is that their B747 have seen better days and is in dire need of a refurbishment. Food was good but the IFE could be improved further with enhanced audio and video selection. I will surely fly with BA again. To the crew, keep up the good work.

British Airways Customer review :  19 September 2014 by D Preston    (UK)

Flew Heathrow - Madrid return. Have always been loyal to BA but no longer. T5 Lounge overcrowded, poor range of food, rubbish and uncleared crockery and glasses everywhere - not particularly pleasant. Bags not tagged priority. Fast Track not fast. Service on board to Madrid was exceptionally good and old style BA. Return, bags not tagged priority, no priority boarding, old aircraft, rude staff, cramped seating, poor and cost cutting catering with no attempt at service beyond handing out. Very disappointing experience and unacceptable. Could not select seats on-line for return flight as computer had allocated them. Eventually seats changed when called call centre - told couldn't be done for half an hour and strangely, as the conversation moved forward, they could do it. Waste of time and energy. Practically everything suggested as part of the Club Europe package didn't happen. Club Europe used to be so distinctive and worth and I always felt it was worth the premium price. To be honest, I have cheaper alternatives from closer airports which I will now be using for my regular flights to and from Spain.

British Airways Customer review :  19 September 2014 by Mark Williams    (UK)

Flew LHR-BUD 11 Sep BA866 and return 15 Sep BA 869 Club Europe. Early morning flight from T3 so breakfast in lounge. Usual assortment of cereals and fruit etc but limited selection of hot food (although the bacon roll was delicious). As is usually the case, had to ask for champagne but staff happy to oblige and quickly brought it to our table. Plenty of staff around and the whole lounge appeared to be kept tidy and clean. Had to board via a bus and there was no preference given to business passengers. Managed to get onto the bus first and got to seat without any problem. Plane had been refitted with the new layout. Beautiful cabin and the seats are lovely but gone is the extra leg room in Club. Big disappointment. It feels quite claustrophobic and then the person in front puts their seat back. Not as nice a place to be compared to the old club section, aesthetics notwithstanding. Friendly crew, plenty of champagne and a surprisingly good hot breakfast of omelette, mushrooms, bacon and sausage with hot bread. Coffee still poor, however. No IFE apart from progress maps / information on small screen from ceiling. BUD airport a disaster. No time at all to clear immigration but had to wait almost an hour for bags - priority tags didn't seem to make any difference. No aircon in bag collection and overcrowded with people waiting for bags. Very uncomfortable and unpleasant. On return, the lounge BA shares at BUD is small with very limited selection of food and drinks but all quite acceptable. A short delay was posted at check in and gate changed but all in all, no real problem. Priority boarding worked well. Same plane configuration on return. Excellent crew up front on return too - plenty of smiles and chat. FAs free with the booze and nuts. Food was again a surprise - I had cod with a tandoori sauce and rice with cauliflower. Very tasty. BA can be hit and miss but I thoroughly enjoyed both flights. A great soft product if they can maintain the standard but the new fit out is a disappointment.

British Airways Customer review :  19 September 2014 by D Preston    (UK)

Flew Heathrow - Madrid return. Have always been loyal to BA but no longer. T5 Lounge overcrowded, poor range of food, rubbish and uncleared crockery and glasses everywhere - not particularly pleasant. Bags not tagged priority. Fast Track not fast. Service on board to Madrid was excellent good and old style BA. Return, bags not tagged priority, no priority boarding, old aircraft, rude staff, cramped seating, poor and cost cutting catering with no attempt at service beyond handing out. Very disappointing experience and unacceptable. Could not select seats online for return flight as computer had allocated them. Eventually seats changed when called call centre - told couldn't be done for half an hour and strangely, as the conversation moved forward, they could do it. Waste of time and energy. Practically everything suggested as part of the Club Europe package didn't happen. Have lodged complaint but, beyond an automated reply, no response - Club Europe used to be so distinctive and I always felt it was worth the premium price. To be honest, I have cheaper alternatives from closer airports which I will now be using for my regular flights to and from Spain.

British Airways Customer review :  19 September 2014 by Debbie Donnelly    (UK)

Used BA for a return trip to Denver and was very disappointed. Plane was old and tired, cabin crew did the minimum required and food was basic. Had flown Emirates the previous month and BA cannot hold a candle to them from the warm towels, wide seats, great entertainment and shiny new planes. Wont be looking to support BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  19 September 2014 by Neil Macali    (USA)

Orlando, Florida (MCO) - London Gatwick (LGW). Wed, Aug 27 return Sun Sep 7. We paid over 150 dollars more for our seats, and didn't even get a choice of what we wanted for our meal. In addition, the inflight entertainment didn't work on our return trip.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Peter John Gillham    (UK)

I recently travelled with a friend to St Lucia and have to say that BA has once again surpassed my expectations. My travelling companion and I had booked World Traveller Plus and we were delighted to be upgraded to Club Class. The cabin crew were polite and attentive without being intrusive. We were also upgraded on our return and once again the high standards set on the initial journey were matched.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by David Iles    (UK)

LGW-MCO-SEA-LHR. Seats booked during Club World sale window - so reasonable priced. Check in at Gatwick very easy and through the fast track in about 5 mins. Boarded on time, with short wait before take off. Staff on the outbound leg superb, attentive without being intrusive food as ever palatable and overall great trip. Inbound Seattle - Heathrow. Lounge at Seattle is simply too small with insufficient seating however once on plane staff were again excellent although they appeared little rushed when compared with the outbound leg that may simply be because the CW cabin was more full. That said the high standards were maintained so a credit to the team in the CW cabin. Overall another good experience when travelling with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Mary Fisher Loar    (USA)

If there is an alernative I will never fly BA again. I used to travel BA and it was wonderful, now it is like an "old" airline. I flew from Seattle to London this summer on a 747, the leg room was not the best, the plane looked tired and I was not impressed. I am disabled so it is difficult for me to travel anyway. When we went back to Heathrow, I asked for help to get to my gate and I was put in a "PEN" with other disabled people waiting for our flights. No one told us that they do not send you down until your flight is getting due to leave. In that time we could have gone and had a meal. My flight back to Seattle was on a B777. The aisles were narrow and the seats very narrow. I am only 5'3" but my knees touched the seat in front of me. It was very difficult for the people in the window and middle seats to get over me, I had to get up out into the aisle for them to get out. Being disabled to be up and down is hard, especially in such a small space to manoeuvre ones legs. When people in front reclined it was awful. The food that was served was absolutely rubbish. What happened to the good BA service of a few years ago. No more BA for me if I can help it.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Mairead Fitzgerald    (UK)

My British Airways experience LHR to Paris CDG was excellent. I was travelling with an infant. The staff at LHR were so helpful and kind and went out of their way to help me. However it was a very different story on the way back. Everyone in Paris CDG was so rude. BA made me check-in my pushchair which meant I had to carry a 14month old boy (15kg) to the gate. It made my trip impossible. I pleaded with the man at check-in. There was no pre- boarding with infants. I will be taking the Eurostar, never flying again especially not to Paris.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

Economy from Jo'burg to LAX via Heathrow. Both flights on A380 and both full. Comfortable flights, on time and great service on the planes. Main problem is at Heathrow. At Jo'burg excellent arrangements for boarding the flight - at Heathrow insufficient space and just chaotic. If Jo'burg can get it right surely BA can get it right at its premium hub - Heathrow? And when arriving at Heathrow the entrance to section c - where we landed - was closed so we were unable to transfer direct to the gates. Instead we had to take the transit to section a go through the long lines of security there and then go back to section c. No one from BA or BAA at the c gates to explain and when raised by BA customer service staff they were uninterested and as usual blamed BAA rather than taking responsibility. Shame as the service in the air and at other airports is usually very good.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Les White    (Australia)

LHR-HKG on the new A380 in premium economy and it was a great trip, staff were friendly and the food was very good for a gluten free meal. The only thing that I think they could improve on which Cathay has is the dedicated check in and boarding for there flights other than that it was an enjoyable trip.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by A Hickling    (UK)

PHL-LHR on B787 seat 10A World Traveller Plus. The entire front row of the World Traveller Plus cabin are bulkhead seats and are also used as bassinets for babies, so if children are travelling it is unlikely to obtain a seat in this row. The seat is definitely an improvement on its predecessor and I managed to get over 4 hours sleep due to the recline, leg extension and footrest. The meal service has also improved, and now has the Club World main course served together with wine in a glass and metal cutlery and a printed menu. There is also a hot towel service and drinks served before take off, but in plastic cups and non-alcoholic. The service was very good, but the cabin was not completely full and seats 25 passengers at maximum capacity. The entertainment system is excellent as it is the new Thales equipment. The cabin is also cleaner, brighter and quieter than 777-200 and 747 equivalents.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Simon Brown    (UK)

I have flown LHR-BKK many times with EVA, Emirates, Oman and Qatar. Unfortunately this time I chose my National carrier. Disappointed is not the word. To start with, the seating arrangement is absurd. All the others manage 1-2-1 or 2-2-2. BA manages 6 abreast in a horrible tight arrangement whereby you face your neighbour. When the hot towels were given out, they were like warm rags in comparison to the other airlines. Food - ok there was a selection on the menu. However, at service time I was merely passed a tray over my neighbour. On every Qatar flight you are not only addressed by your name but the table is made for you as if being in a 5* restaurant. None of this with BA. Once the appetiser and first course are consumed, you hand the bowls back to the attendent, who then passes your main course to you in a bowl. Shabby is not the word. After a reasonable sleep in a very narrow bed it was time for landing. With no sign of a priority immigration pass being given, I asked the steward for one. He replied they did not have any for this flight, but assured me there would be ground staff at the gate to supply this basic amenity. Stupidly I believed him. Upon departure at BKK no ground staff or passes. I return to the UK next week and for the first time ever I am dreading the experience. Never ever will I fly my national carrier again. Disgraceful. It's any Middle East airline again for me. Qatar being my preferred choice.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Tangye Graeme    (New Zealand)

SFO to LHR, 747, upper cabin. This was not a particularly enjoyable flight. The cabin crew did the minimum needed, and no more. The aircraft was old and tired, with odd front/rear facing seat pairs. There was no sense of being a premium passenger, including being left to disembark after some of the economy passengers. The food was poor, with a very tough rack of lamb and vegetables that were close to being soup. The lounge at SFO was small, but okay for purpose. The best part of the flight was the priority immigration lane at LHR.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Worcester David    (UK)

LBA-LHR. Checked in on-line and boarding pass on my phone so no need to encounter check-in. Fast track was average track and the lounge was busy with people going to the sunnier climes having paid for access. Food selection poor. Hot food limited to a self-toasted teacake. Gate near the lounge and quick boarding. We were in 01D and E, but the friendly purser said 01F was free so we had the front row to ourselves. Early departure and swift climb. Service was excellent. The Purser addressed us by name, offered us (several) drinks and a choice of snacks (crisps, nuts or biscuits) (twice) on this short flight.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Andrew Loizou    (UK)

BA0397, 17.20, BRU-LHR, Airbus 310. A short hop but took opportunity to try the Gallery BA Lounge and pleased with food on offer, drinks etc and very cheerful. Lounge Host on Duty. Only downside is that they have not matched up having milk available by the beverage machine for a simple cup of tea and instead you have to hunt down the milk at the other side of the lounge where the soft drinks, juices and wines etc are to be found. The flight itself on a beautiful clear sunny afternoon was a pleasure with a very fast and efficient meal service dispensed with drinks in the tiny 45 minute flying time available. Friendly and welcoming sole FA for club passengers, lovely view cloudless London coming into land at T5. Frills can be welcome for reasonable outlay.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by M Brooks    (UK)

Flew BA0016, Singapore to Heathrow 'World Traveller Plus'. Having travelled this route several times with Singapore Airlines I was interested to see what BA had to offer. Bad move - in fact a monstrously expensive bad move. Unimaginative and largely tasteless meals - the so-called English breakfast looked like it was thrown together by some greasy spoon in downtown Singapore. Trays not cleared away for a very long period of time (ploy to keep passengers in their seats?), no offer of a second cup of coffee/tea, disappearance of cabin staff for much of the flight once the meals had been got out of the way (odd since there were loads around during boarding) - so for vast swathes of time passengers were left to their own devices to obtain water - many went off into the darkness in search of refreshment. Peremptory and insincere attention from cabin staff when they did show up - one had the sense that they wanted to get any kind of interaction over with as rapidly as possible so they could disappear again. IFE not at all user-friendly - the touchscreen didn't like to be touched and the range of films/programmes was limited and tired. BA should use some of the money from their exorbitant fares to send someone on a Singapore Airlines flight to learn how this service should actually be operated. Never again, BA.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by E Whyte    (UK)

Sullen, attitude of cabin and ground staff who decided that honeymoon couples and teenagers warranted upgrades to the first class cabin after the aircraft was changed following a long delay despite us having contacted special assistance weeks before as my husband has terminal cancer and needed easy access out of his seat. If you have ever seen the ridiculous layout of seats in business class with BA where you have to step over someone else's bed you will understand my point. Loos out of order for almost an hour in the dated, overcrowded lounge where other than some apples and oranges there was no food for over an hour. The food on board was below mediocre. At 5.500 for 2 tickets the seats were uncomfortable with a threadbare blanket and misaligned footstool. The business lounge in Bangkok had threadbare carpets, uncleared tables and stale croissants.

Flew SYD to SIN on BA16 on a 12 month old 777-300er premium economy. We had read a lot of negative reports on here about BA so approached it with trepidation that was totally unfounded. We found them excellent and the crew superb, even the gluten free meal I had was more than edible, the seat was very comfortable and we both managed to get some shut eye and arrived reasonable fresh. We had a stop-over in Singapore for 2 days so got the same crew from SIN-LHR, I would gladly recommend them and the entertainment system was superb also. Couldn't fault them and would fly them again in a heartbeat. The only issue I have is you cant join the Executive Club from Australia, this would make me want to use them more. Overall a pleasant experience.

British Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by D Morgan    (UK)

LHR-EDI Used Avios to make short break to Edinburgh. Unlike transatlantic flights there were plenty of seats on offer, even at short notice, and we managed to get onto the flights we wanted. Both flights were on time (more or less) and both were on new A320 aircraft - bright and airy interiors with plenty of storage space for luggage. The drink and small bag of nuts, while welcome, is nothing to get excited about and seems more of a gimmick these days to distance BA from its budget airline rivals. Service levels both on the plane and on the ground were excellent throughout and I really enjoyed this domestic service.

British Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by B Motto    (UK)

Flew VIE to LHR Club Europe, fantastic crew looking after the Club Europe cabin, the only let down is the new revamped Club Europe Cabin. I really do not believe what BA is saying that this is what their European Passengers want! The seat pitch has now been reduced from 34 inches to 30 inches which used to be the Charter Airlines seat pitch years ago. If the passenger in front reclines their seat it is impossible to work on your laptop as there is no room. I really am not able to justify paying the Club Europe Fare for an economy class seat which is the most uncomfortable seat I have ever say in. A number of passengers were not impressed with the new cabin and all felt badly let down by BA. British Airways used to be a class above the rest now they are just an average low cost carrier but still charge the high fares, BA really need to think seriously about the Club Europe layout they have added more seats so it is all about money & not about what their passengers really want.

British Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by M Ryan    (Ireland)

First and last time flying with BA, upgraded the 4 of us to Premium Economy at 199 each for 4 of us a complete waste of money. Have done this with Virgin on occasions for long haul flights and its so worth the money and not as expensive. Food terrible, crew and staff not friendly, no drinks, offered only when handing out food. None of us could eat the food it was so bad. On a 9 hour flight we were hungry. Don't waste your money upgrading, I wish I had read reviews before I left.

British Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Julie Jacoby    (Australia)

Flew SYD-SIN and had a reasonably comfortable trip. Problem is I didn't see much of the staff in premium economy and they were not very smiley either, harassed looking. Service definitely down, none of the goodies you used to get like snacks and plenty of water. Everyone rather terse, I thought and not helpful. Not my favourite to fly. The aisle and seat space are for pixies, not real people.

British Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by J Henson    (UK)

Madrid-London on 9 September on Boeing 767 aircraft. No queue at check-in and welcoming, polite and efficient agent. Priority tag applied to suitcase. Lounge experience at Barajas Terminal 4 was generally positive. Plenty of places to sit and relax; good selection of food and drinks with sandwiches, some hot food, ice cream, fruit and a full bar. Priority boarding line worked well for business/status passengers. My main gripes are: old aircraft, fairly surly crew and a consistent inability to monitor hand luggage (I saw several cases that were larger than the bag I checked in being forced into the overhead lockers). I was in seat 27A which, as an exit row seat, had plenty of leg room. Full bar service and a chicken tikka flatbread (and vegetarian equivalent) offered. Arrived at Terminal 5B. Bags arrived with minimal (less than 5 minute wait). Overall a decent experience - I will continue to fly with BA, provided seats are available at a good price.

British Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Paula Loguda    (USA)

9/8/14 LHR-EWR in WC. Clean aircraft but moderate dysfunction of armrest, foot stool and video screen. We find this seating configuration very uncomfortable and will avoid BA when possible. One FA spent this flight chatting w. friend to the blockage of aisle and detriment of service. Dinner was fairly horrid (beef) except for salad and cheese. Late departure and 40 min late arrival with no explanations given.

British Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by B Kennedy    (UK)

Flew London City to Malaga return 28th August and 8th September respectively. Both flights on time on the wonderful little Embraer 190, such a nice plane to fly in, only two seats either side of aisle, loads of leg room and large windows. Full meal service in both directions with cooked breakfast on the morning flight out and good choice of rice or noodle salads on return lunchtime flight which is a huge improvement on the awful sandwiches they used to serve. Return flight made even better by superb approach over London down the Thames on a beautiful sunny afternoon - would pay good money for that part alone! Full marks for everything except had to score one for 'Inflight Entertainment' as there isn't any on this short flight and wouldn't really expect it.

British Airways Customer review :  10 September 2014 by C Kay    (UK)

LHR-MCT-LHR. Excellent outbound flight. Tasty food and wine, very friendly cabin crew although the entertainment system isn't up to much in terms of choice. Different story on the way back though. Stand-offish cabin crew, and no white champagne. Rose only as "we haven't been fully catered". Not a big thing but indicative of how slip shod BA can sometimes be these days. The seat is comfortable so I slept all the way back rather than try their food and drink.

1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved