British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by L Horn    (USA)

We flew LAX to LHR on the new A380-800 in Club World. Flight was on time. The flight attendants were pleasant. Food was excellent. There was a huge choice of movies to watch. The lie-flat seats were very comfortable. I am definitely going to fly British Airways again.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

LGW to AMS. Easy check-in at Gatwick with the pods to check in and print boarding pass. Did that the night before as staying at an airport hotel. Easy and quick to drop off bag. Departure lounge easy to find. Controlled boarding. Pleasant staff and light snack on short flight. Well recommended and far better to use than T5 at LHR if you have the choice. Luggage took a long time to arrive at AMS but that is Schipol's issue rather than BA.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

LHR-SIN in Business on B-747. Hard to find much good to say about this experience. Everything about the trip was chaotic and disappointing. Heathrow T5 a complete overcrowded mess. Flight delayed by 90 minutes as they couldn't get the jet bridge away form the plane and it took far too long than it should've to resolve. And to make it all worse, BA had a global baggage IT systems failure, which resulted in my bag not making it to Singapore (despite checking in several hours before the flight). The flight itself was average at best. Upstairs cabin comfortable enough, although the plane was old and tired, IFE limited, food appalling. The only positive thing I can say was the crew smiled a few times through the awful flight which at least suggested they were trying. Can't imagine how BA can compete with SQ on this route given the absolutely dreadful nature of what was once a much better airline than it is today. They have no idea where my bag is or when I will get it and you can't contact BA in Singapore on the weekend as they are closed. One just gets the impression they couldn't care less. Would not recommend.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Mark Murphy    (UK)

I really do not have the energy to write very detail of how bad my very recent flight too (and from) Vegas was with BA however I can categorically state I will never fly with them again and am bewildered as to how they survive a superior option as an airline. Highlights of my journey include: Severe overheating on flight complaints ignored until someone fainted. Delayed on runway for 90 minutes for what was described as catering reasons. Running out of food and beverage 1 hr into a 11 hour flight. (No beer 1 hr in to flight - after the 90 minute delay). Uninterested and incompetent staff. Lost luggage. (1 case has so far turned up). Space reduced to less than a foot (Head to back of seat) once person in front inevitably reclines. I could honestly go on and on about how bad an experience this flight was and am being completely honest when I say that I am an easy customer to please. If you have Virgin as an option even its a bit more expensive please take my word for it and go with them, they are a class apart. BA operate as a (poor) budget airline posing as something else. Very poor journey, shocking experience.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Berry Nick    (UK)

LHR to BOS. Day after baggage shut down but First check in easy and security quiet. Super breakfast in Concorde Room. Flight then delayed for 2 hours whilst all on board but crew were great. Food and wine superb and service was BA at it's very best.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Charlie Harm    (UK)

Flew in Club World for the first time on the new BA A380s. Big disappointment. The two upper deck cabins feel congested with more seats than the upper deck of a 747 yet noticeably fewer staff per passenger and too few toilets. The dinner service on the LHR-JNB flight was chronically slow (about three hours from beginning to end). The staff have been instructed to deliver drinks by hand from the galleys (rather than from a trolley) and to plate all the meals. All this takes too long with this level of staffing and the passenger experience suffers. The cabin crew were also curiously bad tempered, perhaps due to the frustration of trying to deliver an over complicated meal service to increasingly disgruntled passengers. A pity, as the planes are quieter than previous generation aircraft and the flight was very smooth.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by S Tsoy    (Russia)

LHR-ARN. All the procedures at Heathrow terminal 5 were a breeze. There was some kind of baggage delivery failure at check-in but the staff managed it very well, smiling and being professional. The flight went on an old, dirty and worn out A319, though seats were comfortable. The service was of typical intra European flight: light cold snacks and drinks, flight attendants were professional. Overall, I would use BA in the future but I would prefer flying a newer plane next time.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by P Rosamond    (UK)

Recently flew from LHR to Munich and then from Budapest to LHR. The flights were ok and seats etc as standard in economy but were not overly impressed with the staff and thought food was awful (albeit a roll). We didn't have breakfast as thought we would be having snack on plane on outward journey but it was inedible and on return we didn't have lunch as again thought we would have snack on plane but again thought it was inedible - chicken tikka with spinach roll which I am sure some people may like but why cannot they serve any plain food like cheese or ham or beef, especially as they are a British airline. We used to always fly BA but stopped using them and had just started to try them again but doubt whether we will continue.

British Airways Customer review :  6 June 2014 by A Ward    (UK)

LHR-ATH-ATH, June 2014. Both flights 1.5 hours late which always seems to be the case largely due to the old plane (767) used on this particular flight. Food average, cabin crew variable-average overall. No apologies for lateness of flights which unacceptable-BA still seem to think that they are doing you a favour for letting you fly with them. Poor overall and am even considering using Easyjet as Gatwick closer to my home.

British Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by G Bennett    (UK)

Sao Paulo - London Heathrow Club World. Sat in the upper deck on the 747. Fantastic experience. Very comfortable flight with attentive helpful cabin crew. Reasonable food, good selection of drinks and good IFE.

British Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Barry Hebblethwaite    (UK)

LHR to BKK in club world, over night flight. Lounge at T5 great. Nice choice of hot foods, wines and snacks. Love the spa treatments. I really like the club world seats, very private for sleeping. Food tasty, had mushroom pasta. Good choice of films. Most of crew in club did a great job, still get the odd one here and there that are surly and disinterested - make you feel as if they are doing you a favour! I always try and fly BA, on the whole a great airline.

British Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Linda Bowen    (Barbados)

Travelled from Barbados to London, Gatwick and then onwards to Italy using British Airways in both instances. Returned to Gatwick on May 28 and again travelled by BA to Barbados. My experience in all instances was extremely positive. The flight crew on all flights accommodated my every request. The food was served at the right temperature, at appropriate intervals and was tasty. I would definitely use this airline again.

British Airways Customer review :  3 June 2014 by S Pearen    (Canada)

Flew YVR to MUC via LHR. I had high expectations for this airline, but was pretty disappointed. We were flying with twin 15 month olds, so it's great with BA that you can preselect the bassinet spots when booking. Crew did bare minimum, seemed as though asking for anything was a huge inconvenience. Audio on IFE was awful, couldn't hear any movies. Flight landed 10 minutes late in London and we were denied boarding on the MUC flight due to being late. If they allow a connection of 1h10, and you're 10 minutes late and can't get on, their system is flawed. When are any LHR flights not 10 mins late! They rebooked us 2.5 hours later, but after complaining put us on a Lufthansa flight 1 hour later. I never thought I would say this, but will use Air Canada on this route from now on if the price is equal.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Shiva Raman    (Australia)

Dublin to Sydney (via Heathrow and Singapore). Club Europe from Dublin to London and club world to Sydney. Flight to Heathrow delayed 40 mins due to weather which was fine. Upon arrival in Heathrow waited for an hour for the bus transfer leaving us 30 mins to make the next flight. Upon boarding the connection bus, another 30 mins delayed. By this time it was about 10pm. Obviously missed the connecting flight to Sydney so tried to find a BA contact in terminal 4. Was then advised to go to terminal 1. No BA reps around and no 24 hr phone number. Then transferred to terminal 5. By this time it was midnight and still no BA contacts. Finally went to baggage services and saw a BA rep that had no idea what was going on and sent us to the first class lounge, which was closed. Finally someone appeared at 1am who sorted out our hotel room and as the delay was caused by BA, they provided us with the option of flying back to Sydney on BA or could see if they could get us on a China Southern flight (we had originally booked China Southern). We took the BA option as it was easiest and needed to come home. Next day, arrived at airport and boarded through Gate C in terminal 5 (hate Heathrow airport). Lounge in Heathrow was fine, over crowded but fine. Upon boarding the BA business class product, we were very disappointed to say the least. Seats old, aircraft old and the seating configuration was awful. We had the two middle seats E and F which were facing backwards however the seats on opposite sides are very close facing towards you. Flight left on time and arrived in Singapore on time. There was a delay of an hour in Singapore but again, that couldn't be helped. They were also out of the express passes which was annoying and also lost our baggage - luckily it arrived two days later. Good luck if you're expecting to sleep on the flight. Seats were small and very uncomfortable. The amenity kits were ok however they ran out of eye masks. The hit towels were anything but hot. Food was below average. Overall, I wouldn't recommend British Airways Club Europe/world. The best I've experienced so far from Sydney to Europe would have to be on China Southern. Considering they are 2-3 grand cheaper than British Airways and they offer a better business class product and a more seamless transfer process.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by C Lawence    (UK)

Belfast City to London Heathrow on 30th May 2014. I travelled in economy class on this domestic flight across the Irish sea. The flight experience with BA started with a pleasant check-in agent who made sure I knew where I was going to and was then equalled by well groomed and friendly cabin crew. A small drink and a biscuit was offered on this route. The captain kept the passengers informed of the route and arrival was on time and disembarkation swift. My only complaint was that the announcement in Belfast was not clear and was made by somebody who was hard to understand.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Robert Sakakeeny    (USA)

BA 214 in the late spring os a 747-400. Lie-flat seats were ok, but still difficult to sleep on. Seats alternated between face-front and face-rear, so when the privacy screen is down you are looking directly at the other person. Service was fine, with an optional dinner and breakfast, and a variety of drinks. Snack basket was available all night. Business class was nice, but not sure it is worth the extra cost.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Peter Bedson    (Oman)

MCT-LHR-MAN and LHR-MCT I think you need to fly BA every so often to remind yourself why you don't do it any more. The first flight was just poor - from check in to landing. Although they have now changed the aircraft on this route and the IFE is better they still treat the passengers as self-loading cargo. It took me 3 hours to get a drink - the staff were cheerful, they simply didn't do anything. A full flight and at least one washroom out of action was an additional pain. Transit through LHR is always an unalloyed joy and this time I had to go through immigration which added to the fun but despite this I still had time for a very quick shower between flights - hooray and full marks for the lounge staff. LHR to MAN was fine. Coming back was much better, the crew were responsive and pro-active and the food was actually edible - if all BA flights were like this I would use them more - I only used them this time because Swiss have axed the route temporarily while the work on the Dubai runway is happening.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Robert Sakakeeny    (USA)

Boeing 777. One of our best flights from Europe. Everything was done to make us comfortable, including showing the technically challenged how to work the numerous controls. Good selection of movies and shows. Food and wine selection was good, and the prep was quite good. Seat was very good, especially compared to the 747 outbound flight we had.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Murat Nal    (UK)

Tampa-Gatwick. Check in lousy. I can't believe I am writing this. Checking in 3 bags, one weighed 32.7 kg the supervisor insisted I remove the .7kg (1lb) from the bag. I had to ask him if he was serious and he said he was. The person checking in next to me had the same problem. When you fly business class the reason you do is because you don't want stress, this strictness doesn't help. Tampa airport didn't help the stress level either, I had one carry on bag, rucksack and a small bag for a laptop, security to the gate insisted I was allowed two carry on's so I had to put two bags into one. Going through the third security, the scanner showed I had something in my pocket. Body search revealed I had a few $ notes in my pocket. Security man 'when we say remove everything from your pocket we mean everything' I thought he was joking, he wasn't. Lounge at Tampa Ok. Sandwiches freshly made and plenty of drinks reasonable space. Option of going to one world lounge as well. Boarding, aircraft clean, all seats in club taken offered champagne by very friendly cabin crew. Food usual just edible (insulting to passengers as you are paying business class monies) flight landed late. Baggage collection happy to see two of my check in's come out first and sad to see the last bag come out last as the priority tag had got removed of the last bag.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by N Oakshott    (UK)

A long time user of BA I have seen a gradual decline in quality now hit freefall and the LHR-PHX-LHR route that I use monthly has become more akin to sitting in a cattle truck than a B747. Old airframes with tatty interiors are the norm, legroom is extremely limited, the aircraft is seldom what you would call clean and the crews give the impression they are almost putting themselves out to serve you. Food is not worthy of the name and the whole experience is an utterly miserable 10 hours of your life each leg. Enough is enough and 1st June is the last time I'll use the outbound flight as I'm switching across to United via ORD in future. OK it means a changeover in Chicago, but the recent experience was a refreshing change from BA and I actually felt like I was wanted on the United flights.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by James Little    (UK)

LHR-Warsaw. Economy on an A320. Plane seemed brand new. Was seated in 8C towards the front of Economy, and that's obviously a seat that gets configured for Club Europe from time to time, as the seat pitch was pretty generous. Complimentary breakfast consisting of coffee and a filled croissant was perfectly OK. Service efficient. Flight left and landed on time. Textbook stuff, really. No complaints at all.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Owen Phoneix    (UK)

Gatwick to Malaga, late May. I have travelled this route literally hundreds of times, the number of airlines that have or currently operate this route over the years gives a good choice of flight times and fares. However I find myself using BA as the norm. The flights are well priced, usually on time, the aircraft are clean and comfortable although they could be newer. Legroom is great especially if you can bag a seat in the first eight rows, these have 34 inches of legroom. Organised boarding makes a huge positive difference as well.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Bedingfield Elizabeth    (UK)

Travelled back from Tampa to Gatwick, Friday 30th May. This flight proved that it is the crew that make a good or bad flight. This one was really bad. I was booked in Club, normally the plane is a three class 777. On Friday it was a four class that was flying and I was lucky enough to be seated in the First Class cabin. Although it was not classed as an upgrade to First because it was business class service, it should still have been a lovely experience. Yes the seat and all the space was great, but the first words I heard as being offered a drink was - "Can't wait for this flight to be over". This was from one of the stewards to another steward, but that attitude was the same amongst all the crew serving the cabin. I hope BA read this forum, as the service really was appalling. My husband was in the bathroom when breakfast was served, he was ignored. A request of a cup of coffee was met with, we will be landing in 40 minutes. So, what should have been a real treat turned out to be the most disappointed I have ever been with BA. Will no longer recommend.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by C Lawrence    (UK)

I flew from London to Milan Linate on 27th May 2014. Firstly, the booking process was quick and easy and was matched by an efficient check-in and bag drop procedure too. The staff were well turned out and other than one cabin crew member the cabin staff were professional and polite. The airbus was modern and comfortable. A snack and drink was served on this flight and it was nice to see screen showing the route map of the flight. Disembarkation was orderly and well managed. I hope to use BA again the in the near future.

British Airways Customer review :  30 May 2014 by M Lucas    (UK)

Boeing 767, Club Europe to Istanbul and back. The seats were tatty and very worn, leg room limited at best, thankfully the passenger in front on both legs did not recline their seats. The head rests are hanging off, as are parts of the cabin. The food was ok, but turning out a "plastic pot" upside down into the china bowl in front of you isn't that great. Even though I know they do that in the galley in first class, it doesn't need to be on display. Crew much better inbound.

British Airways Customer review :  29 May 2014 by Murat Nal    (UK)

Gatwick-Tampa. Check in simple, lounge at Gatwick average, aircraft B777. Clean and departed on time. On board pleasant welcome, food just about ok, after some research chose seat 4K window, you won't disturb anyone getting out. But have to agree with mostly everyone else that seats are small and facing a stranger is quite odd. Cabin crew excellent, flight crew informative through out the flight which landed on time. Anyone booking Business as opposed to Eco or Eco plus should know that all you are really paying extra for is a cramped flat seat and allowance of 3x32kg bag checked in, instead of 2x23kg in Eco. Good films to choose from but music naff as is the screen. Brought my own in ear Bose IQ20 headset Excellent for flights.

British Airways Customer review :  29 May 2014 by Amanda Hutchinson    (UK)

My husband and I travelled to San Diego from Heathrow and back via JFK five weeks later. Service is appalling. Stewards are slightly more pleasant than the stewardesses who are particularly rude, abrupt and lazy. Food is particularly foul and there was a long period of some hours (the flight to San Diego is 12 hours) without access to water or beverages. Dinner was produced a short time into the flight and a snack provided before landing. The journey from JFK was worse. Same problem with rude and disdainful stewardess. We paid extra for extra legroom at the front of the cabin and found more seats had been installed in front which resulted in such short room that my knees were touching the seat in front for the whole trip back. when the seat in front was reclined, it was impossible to view the monitor in front of me. Dinner was pretty awful and the next meal: breakfast comprised of a near frozen croissant. The problem is staff. There needs to be a senior manager travelling on these routes in 'cattle class' incognito - then they will understand what it is like to be treated with complete disdain.

British Airways Customer review :  28 May 2014 by Faye Edmundson    (Canada)

I flew on Apr 29 to Belfast changing in Heathrow and also May 6th from Belfast to (via Heathrow) Barcelona then May 17 from Venice - Heathrow) then to Vancouver BC. I was very pleased with the service and meals and flight attendants were great. The only part was that changing at Heathrow was a bit of a pain having to wait to see on the board re what gate to go to but otherwise everything was great.

British Airways Customer review :  28 May 2014 by M Wilson    (UK)

I found BA to be the worst airline I have used. Flew LHR to Boston, 2hr 56 min delay to start with. Cabin staff unhelpful and disinterested. Also leg room appalling with trim falling of the seat in front of me. It had the interior of an old knackered plane. I have flown Singapore Airlines who run rings around this bunch. I could have flown with Virgin instead for the same money and would have had a vastly superior less drab experience.

1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved