British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  19 May 2014 by C Tyler    (UK)

When we booked our holiday to Barbados, I was really pleased to see we were flying with British Airways, as they have a good reputation. Sadly our experiences put a lie to this. As part of the service they offer, BA allow you to either pay an expensive premium to choose your seats in advance, or you can log onto their website for free 24 hours in advance. I tried to do this several times without success and finally rang the helpline number suggested. After a 14 minute call at premium rate, the call operator (whose grasp of English wasn't great) was unable to advise about the problem, nor manually book our seats and could offer nothing more constructive than “keep trying”. I rang the complaints line (still premium rate), and other than a better grasp of English, was still unable to assist in any way. Both operators assured me that they would sort it all at the Airport. So, in view of this, we arranged to arrive at the airport early. We entered our details online to find that even though there were only 2 of us, we weren't sat together, or even on the same row. By now my wife – who is a nervous flyer – was in tears! We then sought assistance, and had to queue, but eventually we're allocated 2 seats together. As they were free, I don't know why these weren't given originally – however given our further experiences – maybe they don't like using them? I have flown long haul before, and found that you always get a more generous allocation of space, particularly shoulder and legroom. Sadly British Airways don't appear to follow this doctrine. The legroom was adequate, however as soon as the woman in front reclined her seat, I had about 4 inches between the front of my nose and the back of her seat. As my TV screen is in the back of this seat, it made trying to watch the screen extremely difficult. I managed to watch 1 film, however this brought on a headache, so I was forced to stop. I would love to see what regulations BA have to follow regarding VDU viewing, however in a work environment, this would be banned without question. The final disappointment came when the food was distributed. I had the Thai Chicken which was over-cooked so that the rice was cremated to the top and bottom of the container whilst my wife had the cottage pie which tasted of plastic. She didn't eat hers. I ate mine but had a stomach upset for the following 48 hours. All in all this was an experience I do not want to repeat and I shall certainly not fly British Airways by choice in the future! We didn't have these problems with Sri Lanka Airlines.

British Airways Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Steve Adolfo    (UK)

Travelling as a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 young children) from London to Boston, I hoped there wouldn't be a problem sitting together in the 4 middle seats. I had not paid to reserve my seat as I had never had to pay extra before while flying with Emirates, Singapore or Cathay Pacific. The seats allocated at check in were 3 on the left (A/B/C). My wife sat with the kids while I had to sit in the row behind. The seats could not be changed at check in or on the plane. It seemed ridiculous that we were not allocated the logical place for a family of 4 in the middle of the plane even though my flight had been booked 5 months in advance. I warned the stewardess that the situation would be difficult for my family, for the staff and the passengers around as this proved when my 3 year old cried as he wanted to sit next to me. I had to swap seats with my wife a couple of times during the flight, it was a stressful flight. On the return flight, I reluctantly paid extra (£23 x 4) to make sure we got the 4 middle seats. The journey was less stressful but my wife had her own issues as she couldn't recline as the passenger behind was too tall and refused to move his legs, (he should have paid and extra £23 and reserved a seat with more leg room). My wife complained to the steward, as the passenger refused to let my wife recline, he was made to move to a different seat. In conclusion, I found staff were generally friendly but didn't exert themselves on service, the food was okay but the entertainment system was dated, it didn't have any games, and the screen kept freezing. It seems the flight services to USA are not up to the same standard as flying to the Middle East or the Far East as British Airways had failed in comparison at all levels when compared with the other airlines mentioned earlier - my last experience to the USA was with American Airlines, and that was worse than BA. The main disappointing issue with BA is definitely having to pay extra for choosing your seat. If you are travelling with a family of 4 and you want to guarantee you sit together, you have to pay an extra £200 on top of the original cost of the return ticket, this felt more like the additional charges of Ryanair!

British Airways Customer review :  16 May 2014 by David Worcester    (UK)

LCY-SNN-JFK-LCY BA001 and 004. Quick check in and fast track security although I had to show my boarding pass to get expedited. Gate 24 lounge with a view of our aircraft and a glass of champagne. Quick boarding, nice welcome by a familiar face. Cabin has stood up well and is as fresh as it was on introduction. Starter choice to Shannon now replaced by a selection of canapes served on a plate. USA immigration straight forward and soon back on the aircraft, but the airport is soulless. Once in the air, salad, drinks and a choice of mains. I had the curry which was excellent, followed by chocolate fondant smothered in chocloate sauce - bliss. Later, on the Friday 001 flight which departs at 1245 as opposed to 0945, they serve supper rather than afternoon tea. This was a plate of cold cuts and samosas.Tasty.Quick disembarkation, lovely crew. Return on 004 Sunday evening, supper in the busy Galleries dining room. then quick boarding on this full 31/32 flight. Supper served to those who wanted it, and then a full hot English breakfast option or a bag to go. Bussed to the arrivals hall and immigration and then home in 15 minutes. Excellent crew and flight.

British Airways Customer review :  16 May 2014 by D Leston    (UK)

MIA-LHR in World Traveller on a 747-400. After having flown 3 consecutive legs on AA (and having been pleasantly surprised), I wasn't sure how an old BA 747 would measure up, but aircraft was spotless and in full working order. Crew were friendly and helpful. The food was pretty good and the IFE far better than AA.

British Airways Customer review :  16 May 2014 by R Vincent    (UK)

Flew to Vegas on 8th May and dismayed at the standard. Filthy seat back in front of me, dismissed with a shrug by a steward. Only choice of meal was a lemon pasta, although some food wrapped up in foil was brought with 3 chicken meals to share between 6 of us. Sandwiches, crisps and nuts etc were refused when requested as an alternative; we were told by the stewardess not to sit in the area we did (around row 31) as it normally happened. The worst part though was aloof staff, who actually come over as rude.

British Airways Customer review :  14 May 2014 by Marlene Miller    (USA)

On a recent vacation from Sacramento to Paris, some friends and I had a terrible experience with another airline and had some trepidation about our return flight from Paris to Sacramento. We did, however choose British Airways for the return flight and none of us had flown with them before. I am happy to report that the experience was totally different. Our flight was delayed by an hour which did effect our layover and did rush us to our next flight but we had a cushion of 2 hours layover so we were ok. On the flight the seats were more comfortable, more leg room, less noisy, better entertainment due to screens on seats in front of you and the access to the bathroom was much easier to navigate. We also had seats relatively together which the other airline refused to offer us even though we had made the reservation months in advance. Their screen was so far ahead I couldn't see it and it offered only one choice. The staff was very kind to hydrate us frequently and gave us plenty to eat and it was all very palatable. I will definitely recommend British Airways for International flights to my friends.

British Airways Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Kathleen Osborne    (UK)

I should be in a nice hotel in Romania, instead 9 hours after I arrived in Heathrow courtesy of British Airways I am still in Heathrow heading back to Glasgow! The 7am flight went well 10/10 for getting me from Glasgow to London. The connecting flight to Bucharest was delayed by more than an hour which meant I wouldn't get my connecting flight to Timisoara. I duly went to customer services (waited 50 mins) who offered to get me to Timisoara tomorrow about 3pm as the last flight on 9/5/14 was fully booked. They offered to put me up in a hotel in Bucharest but were not able to book one. Having waited 50 mins at a BA desk where apparently there was nothing they could do to check availability of a hotel in Bucharest I was not filled with confidence. Since I was going out for only 48 hours and would miss a large part of my meeting I decided to go back to Glasgow. I was booked on the 15.50 to Glasgow and given a slip of paper with all the details and told to go to the gate when it was called as they would know all about the booking as it was on the computer. Told my boarding pass was sorted. They hadn't sorted it and I got a lecture about what I needed to do in future. There was no way I was getting on the flight, told that I should be grateful as they were doing me a favour putting me on the 6.50pm flight. Told to go back to the service desk and wait in the queue again!

British Airways Customer review :  13 May 2014 by S Symon    (France)

BWI-LHR-ORY on a Boeing 767-300 in Y+ and an Airbus A320 in Y. Luckily this was a refurbished 767-300, so the aircraft interior looked new. The seats were quite wide and there was plenty of legroom which I need as I am tall. We were offered a choice between water or orange juice as a pre-departure beverage and wine was served in proper glassware. The meal was a slightly more upmarket version of the World Traveler dinner so I was a bit disappointed with that (I was hoping to get more food). Although the IFE is rather dated in comparison to the entertainment on BA's newer planes, the audio quality was much better on this particular aircraft. Cabin crew were professional and polite and, most importantly, I was able to get about 3-4 hours of sleep! Connection in Heathrow was a bit of a nightmare since security seems to be constantly saturated and we had to be bussed from the 767. Flight to Orly was full and I can't comment on it much since I slept.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by S Castleman    (UK)

LGW-MRU-LGW in business. Outbound flight good with attentive staff, return flight staff couldn't seem to care less had to ask for everything even water and coffee after lunch. Not what you expect in Club World from a 4 star carrier.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by L Matt    (UK)

LHR-FRA-LCY, May 2014. LHR-FRA on a 767, row 18. Checked-in via the mobile app, no bags to drop as a day trip. BA Galleries South for a quick spot of breakfast. Boarding started 20 minutes before departure. Not a full flight. Left slightly late due to cargo being loaded but arrived on time. Standard seating and food for BA short haul European flight. Return FRA-LCY on a E70, Row 15. Use of the JAL lounge at FRA opposite the gate area. Bus to the aircraft and an on-time departure. Full flight and not much room up above for carry on items on this aircraft on a full flight. Legroom quite tight in row 15. Again, standard food and drink for a BA short haul service.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Colin Pay    (UK)

LCY-GLA on EMB190. Full aircraft, service very good, beer and a snack. Flight on time.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Jeff Suykerbuyk    (Belgium)

08/5/2014, JFK-LHR-BRU. After the perfect outbound flight, we thought that the inbound flight could not be the same. The lounge is JFK was very crowded and not really relaxed. Boarding was again relaxed with a perfect crew on the Upper deck, friendly and relaxed. Slept nearly the all flight in perfect conditions. The flight LHR-BRU was delayed with more than 40 minutes but the captain excused humbly for the delay and gave us plenty of information. business cabin was full but the service on this short flight was more than excellent.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Andrew Allen    (UK)

Belfast-Heathrow-Frankfurt return. Very impressed with the service and crew especially on the Frankfurt-Heathrow sections as the Belfast ones are only domestic but still excellent. I was impressed with the food which was a hot chicken dinner going out and afternoon tea on the return leg. The crew were really exceptional and make this airline as the seat pitch in Club Europe is poor. Their Galleries lounge in T5 is just OK being a bit of a cattle market compared to the Sukara longge in Frankfurt which was superb.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Worcester David    (UK)

LHR-MAD-LHR Club Europe. Galleries South lounge was heaving and the sandwiches and cakes were basic. Quick boarding and a brilliant crew who delivered excellent service. Afternoon tea of 3 finger sandwiches, choice of warm scones, clotted cream and jam and a packaged Do and Co cake, all very nice. Champagne and other drinks freely available and crew were good at spotting an empty glass. Well done. Return, navigating Barajas is not easy and the T4S Iberia lounge was crowded and difficult to find a seat. 767 aircraft now fitted with bigger screens. Service was lunch pasta and chicken or prawn Caesar salad and a creamy dessert. Both enjoyable. Service was even better than on outbound the CSD was personable and very interactive with all pax, as were all the crew. She took time out to explain and show the meal options and chat with the pax. A fine example of BA at its best.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Jeff Suykerbuyk    (Belgium)

2/5/2014, BRU-LHR-JFK. Short flight in business from Brussels to Heathrow was how a short business always has to be: excellent crew, decent food, flight was on time. Flight from LHR to JFK started in perfect conditions: First lounge in Terminal 5 (as a gold member) with excellent champagne and food and place. Boarding was smooth, with helpful crew, a nice drink to welcome us on board and to relax and a nice smile. In one word the start of a perfect flight in a full cabin, landing on time in New York. This is how it always should be.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by S Snehal    (India)

While different people have different experiences, I wanted to share that I have mixed reviews, both are great - one can be used as feedback while the other for pat on BA's backs! I was traveling BLR-LHR-SFO route on 9th of May 2014. The first flight from BLR-LHR was chaotic, and as mentioned by others on this site, most food options were exhausted by the end of the flight. I don't complain because I got my food choice. The flight staff had some really courteous people while some were pretty snobbish. The second flight is really what's worth mentioning - it was the most cheerful flight I have been on! The flight attendants were entertaining, the pains of being on a second leg of a 24 hr journey was not felt. BA 287 flying on 9th May 2014 - fantastic flight. Food was okay - I loved the Lily O Brien chocolate mousse! Entertainment - its high time BA upgrades its entertainment systems. The audio was lousy, and nothing was clear or audible even on the highest volume against the aircraft sounds.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Kathleen Kirby    (UK)

Once again, a good flight from LHR to Warsaw in an A320. Cabin crew were very efficient and friendly on both outbound and inbound flights. I was tempted to upgrade for £72 when I booked the flights, but decided not to due to the good catering service on the flight and the shortish journey. The wraps have been replaced by a flat bread sandwich which is much better! Looking forward to my next flight!

British Airways Customer review :  11 May 2014 by G Thomas    (Australia)

Caught a connection from Gatwick to Jersey and it was fine. A very short flight with very efficient and effective staff. Not much more I can say because we were up and out so quickly. I was travelling business and it is about time a little more space was made in the cabins. If you cannot cross your legs then why are you paying for business class seats?

British Airways Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Loraine Droy    (UK)

I have just been reviewing all the reviews on this website, and it seems every evident to me that if you are booked in First class, you will more than lightly have a great flight, economy or premium is touch and go! If you want to take the risk, I travel BA to Tampa premium economy three times a year, the food is disgusting, and I always sit in aisle 14, now if anyone has booked there seat in this aisle, be warned they run out of choices on the menu when they get to you, and they offer you an economy meal, and quite frankly they do not care if you complain, well I complained! Myself and the man seated next to me kept up the complaining, and 15 mins later the steward comes up with two beef dishes. The crew had kept these meals for themselves. So be aware that if you are seated in aisle 14 bring your own food, because you will not get a decent meal.

British Airways Customer review :  11 May 2014 by S Goff    (UK)

Flew from San Francisco to Heathrow, London. Flight was delayed 3.5 hours, the food, particularly the breakfast was the worst I've had on an airline. The sets were very uncomfortable. I feel BA have a long way to catch up to the quality to other airlines such as Emirates and Qatar.

British Airways Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Tanmay Bhakta    (Australia)

I flew Singapore to Sydney with them recently and it was the most horrible flying experience. At the boarding gate the staff were just so disorganised in getting the passengers on board that we had to wait for almost an hour before we got on. The plane was an old and tired 747-400 which had the dirtiest cabin I have seen. There was a stale smell lingering in the premium economy cabin. The seats were old, worn out and lumpy despite being in premium economy. The inflight entertainment was a joke. The video quality was mediocre and the noise cancelling headphones were not working for most of the flight. The food was some strange fried rice which was bland. The crew were unfriendly, they didn't serve drinks once throughout the flight. The worst part were the toilets, smelly with a toilet bowl and sink choked with toilet paper. Overall I will never fly British Airways again unless I don't have any choice.

British Airways Customer review :  8 May 2014 by Alan Clare    (UK)

6 May 2014: Las Vegas to Gatwick. Boeing 777. Back on BA again thanks to Avios Companion coupon. Cabin crew are now more present throughout the journey but not experienced any of them going too far to please a customer, it seems just okay if they run out of a meal choice or if friends not seated together. Certainly yesterday, cleaning the wc was not on the duty list. I've flown AF, TAP, SWISS, KLM long haul in the past year and by far BA catering in economy is the poorest in content. Yesterdays offering for Breakfast was almost an insult.

British Airways Customer review :  8 May 2014 by P Harris    (UK)

Lanzarote to Gatwick on 13th April. Flight itself was okay, but on arrival we were "parked" a long way from the baggage reclaim area (for which the Captain apologised). After a 30 minute walk from the plane our problems began, as we then waited another more than 2 hours for our luggage to arrive. Many flights that landed a long time after us received our bags and set off home far more promptly. BA have acknowledged they are responsible for the journey from "start to finish" but have gone on to advise that some parts of the operation are sub contracted, including this part. Can't recommend BA because of this experience and because of the way our subsequent complaint has been handled. Not planning to use BA again because of this.

British Airways Customer review :  8 May 2014 by A Amaladoss    (UK)

LGW-VRN-LGW both in Club Europe. Was offered an upgrade on the way out for £85. Swift check-in as Gatwick was quiet at 6.30am. Used the Galleries lounge-reasonable cold food selection, but the only hot option was porridge. Nice atmosphere though, and good views of the runway. Left slightly late due to congestion. Nice breakfast, with individual bottles of Heidseck Monopole champagne. No aerobridges at Verona, so had to walk to a bus in the rain. Bags delivered quickly. Return flight was delayed by an hour, as the incoming flight was late. BA use the Catullo lounge, which is very poor, with an abysmal selection of food-nothing hot, not even a sandwich, just biscuits and pastries at 9pm! The lounge is before the security check, so not able to relax altogether. Crew very apologetic about delay, speedy drinks and meal service-the chicken curry was passable.

British Airways Customer review :  8 May 2014 by A Amaladoss    (UK)

LHR-YYZ in business, was looking forward to a B787 but this flight was a B777. Had the rear facing seat- comfortable enough, but it is always awkward trying to clamber over the passenger seated diagonally opposite. Enjoyed the plentiful supply of pink champagne. Lunch was fine, as was the afternoon tea. IFE screen on the small side, but managed one movie. Crew were pleasant, friendly and efficient.

British Airways Customer review :  7 May 2014 by C Thomas    (UK)

I'm not normally one to whine, but here goes. LHR-CDG at 0725 on a Tuesday morning, via the dreaded gate A10. Plenty of "Fast Track" signage, and we fast trackers were herded through the checkpoint onto a bus, where we waited until we were joined by all the other passengers! Outstanding! Flight OK (fairly grubby ex BD A320), but the pointlessness of a non fast Fast Track amused me no end.

British Airways Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Berry Nick    (UK)

JFK to LHR. Empty check in and priority security quick. New food selection in First class lounge but preferred the decent meal in the dining room. Boarding easy and upper deck crew excellent as lights not turned on until just before descent with arrival on time. Bus to terminal but bags waiting when we got there.

British Airways Customer review :  6 May 2014 by C Denson    (UK)

Chicago O'Hare to London Heathrow on 2 May. check in very fast and efficient. New 777 plane. Take off and landing about 30 minutes late. Friendly flight crew. Efficient service. Good vegetarian meal. Very pleasant flight.

British Airways Customer review :  5 May 2014 by A Hickling    (UK)

Travelled to HKG on board the new A380. Boarding was efficient with a dedicated air bridge for First passengers. Welcomed on board, offered champagne, newspaper, pyjamas and wash bag and settled into my suite. The space is more noticeable than a 747 or 777 equivalent, with a wardrobe that can fit carry on baggage a jacket and shoes, plus a side bin that accommodates other items. The food was excellent with the choice of a five course taster menu with accompanying wines, or a la carte. There are also treats available in the first galley. Breakfast was also very good. I managed to get plenty of sleep as the aircraft is very quiet, and walked around the entire plane to get a sense of scale. The crew were excellent, addressed me by name, engaged in conversation, whilst delivering an unobtrusive service. The entertainment system was the Thales product. Plenty of choice, interactive screens, and no rebooting as is the case on other long haul aircraft. I couldn't fault this flight, just a pity I couldn't spend longer on it. Looking forward to the return journey.

British Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by A Skilton    (UK)

Read the review dated 28 April 2014 by Raoul DaSilva this persons experiences echo's mine. I flew BA0016 club world and was most disappointed. Being provided with broken headphones, dirty inflight entertainment controls, miserable staff who discussed problems over the top of passengers from one side of the plane to the other. I was even served a cold coffee and another coffee was provided with no milk or sugar.

British Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Iain Henderson    (UK)

BA 059, London to Cape Town, April 29 2014, economy. It's been a while since I flew BA world traveller and it will be even longer until I use them again. Clapped out 747, terrible uncomfortable seats, awful back of seat video system. - my partners failed. The crew seemed totally disinterested and disengaged and far more interested in getting the "service" note the quotes over with ASAP. all they wanted to do was to retreat behind the curtain and gossip. Perfunctory drinks service - when asking for a whisky and soda I was offered whisky and tonic. Paper cups for coffee at breakfast. Meals are better at a Little Chef. The amenity kit was an ancient set of headphones and a toothbrush. Never again. Wake up BA there are major competitors out there and next time it Emirates via Dubai.

British Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by G Pardoe    (UK)

Las Vegas-LGW, 777, 3 class. Business. The unique forward facing/rear facing seat configuration fits in more seats than other leading airlines. Try to get a window/aisle seat if you are travelling as a couple but you will be lucky unless you are prepared to pay £60 to choose your seat. Otherwise you will be allocated a seat 24 hours before the flight and there are limited choices to change your seat allocation on a busy flight. In the middle 4 seats you will be either facing someone during service, take off and landing or sat next to someone with a small partition between you. In all seats the foot rest is part of the bed and blocks access so you will either have to step over or be stepped over to leave your seat. The seats were comfortable in all positions. Dinner was average but less elegant than meals on other leading airlines. Breakfast was a disaster; hardly any of the choices on the menu were available but no explanation or apology were offered which was typical of the functional, unsmiling flight attendants. We got a good price in a BA sale but the overall experience was disappointing.

British Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by J Lappin    (UK)

Poor service, poor food, tatty aircraft on recent flight London - San Francisco. Past sell by date cabin crew did nothing more than necessary, very little information from cockpit. A very large dip in standards.

British Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Merritt David    (UK)

Its been a long time since I did a domestic trip with BA and this was the 0725 departure from Gatwick to Edinburgh, returning 1345 the same day, The last thing I expected was a full English breakfast, but there it was. Great cabin staff, on time northbound and 15 minutes early all the way back. Very impressed. Thanks BA.

British Airways Customer review :  1 May 2014 by Guy Senior    (UK)

An interesting contrast on recent Gatwick to Turin and back flights. Going out, it was a (new?) A320 which was bright, clean and spacious. On the way back it was a B737 which was clean but a bit tatty and felt cramped. Service, food and drinks on both flights was commendable. I believe that all of BA's 737s retire by the end of the year, which cannot come too soon.

British Airways Customer review :  30 April 2014 by James Henson    (UK)

Travelled from London Heathrow to Chicago O'Hare in Club World on BA295. I was sitting in seat 62A of the upper deck of a 747-400. A warm welcome on boarding the aircraft with the usual selection of champagne, water and orange juice. Noise cancellation earphones, blanket and pillow already on seat. The meal service began promptly on take-off and I enjoyed a Kir Royale, Tattinger and the Rose champagne that was available. Decent selection of offerings for lunch - the salmon, beef and salad available were all enjoyable (albeit that the portion sizes were quite small in my opinion). A reasonable selection of films, although a more extensive catalogue of non recent releases would be good for those of us that are frequent fliers. The service was decent - the food attendants were on hand throughout the flight. Excellent storage space available, although the seat and surrounding area showed clear signs of wear and tear. There were also smudges on my screen and crumbs on my seat on arrival. Afternoon tea before landing was passable but would have preferred a hot option. Overall a good but not outstanding experience.

British Airways Customer review :  30 April 2014 by Stephen Worcester    (UK)

LGW-TFS-LGW both sectors on A320. Out in Club; back in Economy. Upgraded online on outbound immediately after booking with limited offer. Nice to have BA flying again to Tenerife after a few years' absence (following purchase of GB Airways by Easyjet). Quickly through Security with hand luggage only. Club Lounge at Gatwick busy but plenty of room, and still serving breakfast (with delicious porridge) at 11.00. Pleasant and chatty Reception staff, and lounge clean and efficiently catered. Good selection of newspapers and magazines, and usual wi-fi etc. Flight boarded in good time (although departed slightly late), with Club and EC passengers given priority, although one member of staff at the gate was singularly ungracious which was a shame. Met on board by friendly and courteous cabin team. Club configuration of 2-2: A and C formed from compressed ABC (with no B, so A and C wider), D and F from expanded DEF but E not sold. Good leg-room too. Plenty of room for hand baggage (roll-on bag and small rucksack) even though flight was full. Drinks service followed shortly after take-off and then served good quality and plentiful lunch (salmon pasta or chilli con carne as main options) and further drinks service as required. Flight arrived on time, and quickly out of airport. On return, again quickly through Security, although Tenerife South always somewhat chaotic even when not busy. AENA VIP Lounge not really a match for BA lounges but recent improvements including enhanced catering and spacious sitting areas make it a pleasant place to wait for the plane (Club and EC Gold and Silver need to obtain a chit from the deck-in desks in order to get free access, but you can pay £22.50 to get in too). Incoming aircraft arrived slightly late, so flight delayed by a few minutes. Managed to check us in to Economy seats on left hand side of plane just behind Club, so configuration was still A and C, and with Club leg-room. Again flight was full, but boarding was quick and pain- free. Friendly, all-female crew who were cheerily present throughout the flight. Drinks service swiftly followed by 'Urban Food' snack box containing chicken wrap, cheese and biscuits and chocolate dessert, and tea/coffee, and further drinks if requested. Flight uneventful and comfortable, and made up extra minutes for on-time arrival. Unfortunately, plane was allocated the furthest gate on the over-bridge spur at Gatwick North Terminal, so a long walk (mostly with moving walkways) to Passport Control. Even though we had no hold baggage, noticed that bags had started arriving by the time we were walking past baggage reclaim. Very good service from BA, up with the best, and at a competitive price, especially with the cheap offer one-way upgrade. Why would you fly with any other airline?

British Airways Customer review :  29 April 2014 by Neera Frazer    (USA)

Scheduled to fly from SFO to New Delhi with a connection in LHR. Flight was late to LHR so missed connection. Re- routed to Munich w/90 minute connection. Asked for longer connection, was told we would have enough time. Flight from LHR was late so missed Munich connection. Re-booked to fly Munich to Paris, Paris to Delhi w/60 minute connection. Again guaranteed no delay out of Munich. Flight from Munich was delayed by 60 minutes because plane had to be de-iced. Was first flight in the morning, so de-icing could have started earlier. Refused to be re- routed in Paris and was re-booked on direct flight to Delhi leaving the next day. My husband's suitcase was sent on a BA flight from London to Delhi and had to be claimed when we landed in Delhi. Flight from Paris was on Air France. Sent back and forth between Air France and BA luggage claim. Both were at the same desk and would not talk to each other. 5 hours later we received the suitcase.

British Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by J Smales    (UK)

Just flew LHR to Austin Texas on the new 787 Dreamliner. What a misnomer that is. Yes the plane is relatively quiet, humidity good and the inflight entertainment is very good, but the seats in economy are small, something like 17 inches wide, and leg room dreadful. So, very cramped. You can't get anything in the seat back pocket and the food trays were sliding around on the fold down food tray. It is a 3x3x3 configuration so getting in and out if you are in the window seat is quite awkward. I think I have seen more comfort on an Easyjet flight and that is saying something. Thankfully it was on time but allow plenty of time at Austin immigration. There were just two agents coping with all the non-US passengers so it took well over an hour.

British Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by H Lowe    (UK)

LHR-SFO-LHR both legs in 747-400. Out in Economy, return in Economy Plus. On balance the extra money for Plus was worthwhile due to larger seat, increased leg room, additional comfort and excellent service. Apart from a screaming child, the only disappointment was the food. Lettuce salad, poor cut of beef and sweet cake with no alternative. Breakfast very poor, less than fresh roll with a sweet cereal bar. Excellent flight but food poor.

British Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Yazitzoglou Konstantinos    (Greece)

We did Athens - London - Boston and New York - London - Athens. The planes are old, the configuration for business - 8 across on 777 or 747 - is a joke for comfort. Nowadays most decent airlines have 6 or even 4 across. On the way back one lavatory was out of order so the other was overcrowded. The food is not at the level of transatlantic business class. First and second course served in one shot, no second round for drinks. The price was not cheaper than other carriers.

British Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Kevin Tunnicliffe    (UK)

LHR to ATL on 12 April and back on 25th. Both legs on time, if you discount the holding in a stack over Heathrow on the way back. Excellent cabin crew both legs. Good food, better than the last few offerings from BA. So glad that the ketchup on the bacon sandwiches at breakfast is now optional. The business class seats are poor though in comparison with some of the Middle Eastern and Far East airlines. Also the content of the amenities kit seems to get smaller and smaller each time. IFE system improved over the last incarnation but still lags behind other airlines. Not good that Business and First have to stow their pitifully small screens for take off and landing while economy and premium can still watch theirs.

British Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by J Tinning    (Germany)

Vienna to London on the 11.50 flight, Airbus 320. Helpful check in staff. Very easy boarding. Warmly welcomed on board and the crew were very friendly and courteous to everyone. Club Europe leg room better, a good quality meal tray and drinks served with fresh pastries and also wine available. It was certainly worth paying for the upgrade. Felt very well looked after. Drinks offered again just 10 mins before landing. Hope to fly Club Europe again soon!

British Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Raoul DaSilva    (UK)

BA016, Singapore to London. 777-300. Although the aircraft is new, I find it much more cramped than the 747-400 upper deck that I had travelled to Singapore on. I had an aisle seat and felt rammed right up against the window with very little space to negotiate in/out of seat, especially when the immediately adjacent seat was reclined. You have to master the 35,000 feet limbo to get to the aisle! Food and beverages were awful so I didn't eat at all on this flight. Crew were very young, grumpy and not polished at all. Highlight of service - the "you wanna drink then?" comment from the crew member serving my aisle on the initial cocktail service. Dreadful. The IFE was the only saviour, big screen, clear resolution and well stocked with good programming. Other than that, no reason to choose BA over any other third world carrier.

British Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by A Parker    (UK)

LGW - Dubrovnik. Ex BMI A319 on outward leg, business full. Nice food and service and plane clean. Nothing too much trouble for crew and overall very impressed. Return on very old 737-400, can't believe this fleet is still flying. Scruffy plane and lead purser was way over the top and thought his announcements and jokes were the funniest thing ever said on a plane. Annoying!

British Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by K Pellberg    (Sweden)

HKG-LHR on Boeing 777, April 20th. Flight was on time with smooth boarding. Lots of noisy kids in CW. Sat in 16A which felt really claustrophobic but glad that I wasn't in 16C due to a constant queue to the toilet. Served very slowly by two crew-members who really didn't want to be there. No extras, like top-ups, rushed meal-services etc.

British Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by David Graham    (UK)

18.20 arrived at Schiphol, Amsterdam for a 19.55 flight to London-City and found this was delayed for 65 minutes (turns out the delay, for weather and operational reasons, was closer to 2 hours). I was greeted by the BA agent in the Executive Club Lounge who managed to find me a seat on the 19.15 to London-Heathrow. I was in London at least 20 minutes before my original scheduled arrival. Now, this is what I call customer service!

British Airways Customer review :  26 April 2014 by James Patterson    (UK)

Terrible experience. We stretched our budget to buy a premium economy seat so that our baby could have a bit more space. Without informing us until we actually boarded the flight, we were allocated one of the non-bassinet seats. Can you imagine having a 1 year old on your lap for 24 hours? Eventually the staff agreed to move us to the Economy bulkhead section, but Customer Relations was not interested in any form of compensation. So be warned - don't buy Premium Economy if you think you'll get better service, it's a waste of money and the airline couldn't care less afterwards.

British Airways Customer review :  26 April 2014 by K Kirby    (UK)

We were booked in WTP and BA very kindly upgraded us to club world. We had a really good meal with excellent fish and lovely wines served by a good fun crew who made us feel very like welcome guests. It was an oldish 767 but we've come to know and love the aircraft and just hope the new Dreamliner will be as good! We returned in WTP and that was very comfortable and the dinner was good, but the snack prior to landing was rather disappointing with a rather stodgy muffin. I think we'd prefer something more healthy like some fruit and a very small sandwich.

British Airways Customer review :  25 April 2014 by Rhys Crompton    (UK)

Flew LGW-ALC-LGW. We booked on Club Europe (Business Class) and I must say it was well worth the money. The lounge was brilliant with a great selection of food and beverages and great views of the airfield. Boarding was quick as we boarded first. Outbound we flew on the old 737-400 which is showing its age on the exterior and interior. Food and beverages we okay for a short haul flight. Inbound we flew on the newer A320 that was brilliant. Could not fault the service. We never travel in business nor BA but it was a lot cheaper than the likes of easyJet.

British Airways Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Clive V Drake    (UK)

LGW - PISA. I have a home in Tuscany and fly there quite often. I have of late got tired of a certain Irish airline operating out of Stansted - with their renowned lousy attitude to customers and customer service - so I took advantage of a fly-drive package in Club Europe over the Easter weekend. The total for the 3 of us was £820 (including the car) and it was a great decision. Club lounge at LGW was busy but I have had it worst. Outwards was on a newish A320 - clean plane throughout, comfortable seats and a nice afternoon tea. Pushed back 5 minutes ahead of schedule and landed half an hour early. Pisa lounge was surprisingly good. Flight home on an overbooked 737 that although was about 20+ years old was in good shape. Took off 10 minutes late but arrived early. Again, nice afternoon tea and throughout - friendly professional FA's. I felt like a valued customer. All in all - a very good experience - and well worth the money.

British Airways Customer review :  23 April 2014 by T Matava    (USA)

BA676, 16 April, LHR-IST. First time on BA, and expected much more given the reviews I had read. Was re-routed onto BA due to weather in JFK, flight operated on a completely full 767. Probably the most boring, least updated aircraft interior I have ever seen, complete with overhead video monitors. For some reason crew stomped up and down aisles of the aircraft numerous times, not carrying or pushing anything, but almost like they were trying to see who could be the most heavy footed. Asked for a coffee as flight attendant was picking up soggy fish-and-chips meal tray and was told to wait a bit, then come to the back galley and fetch it myself. Entire BA experience was really unexceptional, certainly not what I would consider four-star quality.

British Airways Customer review :  23 April 2014 by S Greenwood    (UK)

Flight from St Lucia was a disappointment. I had paid an extra 50 pounds for an exit seat. From the outset the in flight entertainment system did not function. My complaint to BA led to an offer of a 30 pound voucher to be used against another flight with them, an experience I am unlikely to repeat. In addition, they appeared to be understaffed and the food was poor. This airline does not compare with the best e.g. Singapore, Malaysia etc.

British Airways Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Simeone Enrique    (Belgium)

C Class, BRU-LHR. Very short flight but from check-in to landing all fab! Experienced staff and good high tea, mid afternoon flight.

British Airways Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Alvarado Angeline    (Norway)

3 week Los Angeles trip. 1 hour delayed from Stavanger to Heathrow, 2 hours from Heathrow to Los Angeles and my return flight was 1.5 hours delayed from Los Angeles. Because of this, I couldn't catch my connecting flight on time so had to check in to a hotel at Heathrow and wait for a flight the next day. I didn't have to pay for anything, but the hassle the airline gave me is remarkable. The attendant forgot to give my boarding pass, I was already at immigration at the time I realised so had to go back to the customer service center. I got back to the airport and waited for the boarding, again, it was 2 hours delayed.

British Airways Customer review :  23 April 2014 by A Burfoot    (UK)

Our family holiday got off to a bad start due to the very poor service from the patronising lady at check in at Gatwick airport. The plane they used for our European holiday was old, very tired and not clean. One toilet was out of service and the other was filthy and smelt very bad. However I have to say the service from the crew on board wasn't too bad. Food was a wrap which is ok for a 3.5 hour flight. I do not know what's gone wrong with BA in the past I had memories of outstanding service and a modern fleet and the journeys were a pleasure. Sadly this no longer seems to be the case and next time I will choose to spend my money with a different airline.

British Airways Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Waddell Ian    (UK)

LHR-Toulouse-LHR Very good flights, the only negative aspect being the ground staff at Toulouse. Check-in there was busy, but the women on duty had no sense of efficiency whatsoever, chatted between themselves and kept everyone waiting far longer than necessary. This attitude extended to the gate, where the normal quick check of passport and boarding card was slow and chaotic, with passengers coming from all sides. Flight crew excellent both ways - notably smooth landings.

British Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Mark Wilkins    (UK)

BKK-LHR-MAN, 9/4/ Due to personal circumstance booked flight out of BKK, BA one of cheaper options. Flew on new daytime 777 200, BKK-LHR service. Good points - no check in queue, good legroom on seat in 3-3-3 formation, some good staff service on board, lunch meal of green curry OK, and ice cream run mid flight most welcomed, good choice new films. Pilots very friendly over tannoy in greetings and announcements. Bad points - seat very uncomfortable - no back padding where seat pocket was, so could feel every time person behind placed or removed item in pocket. Tiny personal view screen and fiddly entertainment system, volume through headphones poor unless turned up full. No 2nd meal option, only burnt inedible noodle dish. One staff member very surly and not of standard of colleagues. Delay of 40 minutes leaving BKK due to luggage issue, but arrived LHR nearly 2 hours late with pilots still blaming initial late departure for delay (and we didn't even hold over London). LHR-MAN very good flight for short hop, free snack and wine in 40 minute flight, arrived 5 minutes early. Luggage took time to come through at MAN. Compared to Etihad, way behind in standard of flight experience and taking into account £200 difference in flown from UK BA need to look at quality of product on LHR-BKK sector - the 777 200 simply isn't the product your competitors offer.

British Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Storey John    (UK)

Flew BA 269, LHR to LAX, 10th April on A380 in Club World. Nice Aircraft, seating good 59A, IFE good, but Cabin Crew service was poor and very slow, took over 50 minutes from airborne to have a drink and over 2.5 Hours for the meal service to be completed. Not BA's usual standard, hope the return is better.

British Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by M Appleyard    (UK)

NCL-LHR-JFK, 20/4/2014. First flight from NCL-LHR on Airbus A320 in Economy, could not fault anything about it, it was short and sweet, the cabin crew were welcoming, and the seat was more than comfortable enough for such a quick flight. Delayed slightly because of weather, but we were kept very well informed. Flight from LHR to JFK was on a well-maintained Boeing 747, and I was also unexpectedly given an upgrade to World Traveller Plus for this flight as well, with the added bonus of being allocated an exit row seat, so I had loads of legroom as well as the noise cancelling headphones, quite the difference. Great service from the cabin crew, very polite and friendly, and they frequently offered drinks and meals. I have always had a good experience with BA flying transatlantic, and I would not hesitate to fly with them again.

British Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by David A Worcester    (UK)

BA001, LCY-JFK, 4 April 2014. Crew were excellent. Enjoyable lunch and evening supper. My chicken tikka masala was superb and the tapas supper was a nice way of ending the flight. Landed early. Return flight BA004 on 6 April was very busy, vitally all seats taken. Crew were welcoming and provided excellent service. Prior to boarding the pre- flight supper in the Galleries lounge was good, the beef and mash very tasty. Landed a few minutes early, taxi waiting, home in 15 minutes.

British Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by B Curtis    (UK)

Flew LHR-SFO-LHR on the Boeing 747-400. BA's Terminal 5 was great at LHR. The aircraft was very old, the inflight entertainment was poor for an 11 hour flight, and was very difficult to actually watch a film on as it was so small and such poor quality. The seats were not bad for economy class, however not the best and could be better on such a long flight. The food wasn't bad, the first service had a main option which was a chicken dish which wasn't too bad. It looks like they ran out halfway through serving the passengers so many had to have an asparagus risotto which didn't look too great. The second meal was a sandwich box which was nice. The crew were generally friendly, and I didn't have anything bad to note about them. Overall, it wasn't a bad experience but there are many other airlines you can choose when flying to the USA which will offer a better seat, service and IFE at a similar price.

British Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by S Greenwood    (UK)

British Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Mark Ackery    (USA)

BA269, LHR-LAX. I took this flight as it was the Airbus A380 and I was not disappointed. Great smooth flight and the crew were fantastic. Nothing was a problem for them and very attentive. CSD came and introduced herself to me which was a nice touch. I did a tour of the aircraft and crew in all classes were nice and helpful. Food was outstanding - I had the lamb and it was just right. Upon arrival in LAX it was the usual mess.

British Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by D Leston    (UK)

LGW-ALC-LGW. Both flights on time in immaculately clean A319s, great crews, free food and drinks, adequate legroom for short haul and cheaper than any competitor when booking last minute without hold baggage. No IFE.

British Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by A Hill    (UK)

Flew (BA A380) in Economy from LHR-HKG with two children, food was atrocious and the seat pitch was tiny. I am not a tall person but even I struggled and had only about 3 inches before my knees were touching the seat in front of me. We flew onwards on a budget airline and they were so much better. Coming back in Premium Economy was better but staff were indifferent. My daughter didn't want breakfast and she just asked for some fruit, the lady came back and dumped 2 brown bananas in front of her, needless to say we didn't eat it. The flight home was a night flight and the cabin was freezing cold, because there is a central control and no longer individual controls, there was a lot of people sneezing and sniffling. Never again will I fly with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by N P Singh    (India)

Flying back from Atlanta to Delhi there was layover at Heathrow. Flight at LHR landed delayed, still there was time to catch next flight. We missed the flight, at the service desk they gave us another flight via Hyderabad. Surprising I was not allowed to board that flight due to a problem with their internal system. Next flight given to me was Jet Air, 8 hrs later. They did not give any temporary lounge facility. Later they misplaced my bag. One bag came from one flight and second came after 10 days!

British Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Rob James    (UK)

Flew return from Gatwick to Barcelona with my wife for a short break. Both flights were on the old 737-400 but they were fine. Despite what I have read in other reviews I found the cabin to be fine, the blue leather seats were very comfortable. The snack and drinks were good quality and the flights were both on time. Friendly helpful staff both on board and at the airport.

British Airways Customer review :  20 April 2014 by R Edwards    (UK)

BA2276, LGW-LAS. Was disappointed in BA. Feel they have lost what they had last time I flew with them. The plane, a Boeing 777, was in need of a good exterior clean, and the crew uniforms could have done with being refreshed. Everyone of them were shiny from too much pressing, and not the crisp fresh look about them that I remember from previous flights with them. Service was fine, food a tad mediocre, and the leg room was a huge disappointment. A 10 hour flight with my knees touching the rear of the seat in front! I get that on charter flights, and wouldn't expect it on a scheduled carrier, especially BA. IFE very good with plenty to choose from, and the in flight route map was very good, and precise. Not sure I would choose BA again over another carrier, then make a comparison, but they certainly are not the airline they were.

British Airways Customer review :  20 April 2014 by N Shyshkin    (Canada)

YYZ-LHR-NCE and CDG-LHR-YYZ. On the way to Nice, the first flight was wonderful on the new Boeing 787-800, amazing aircraft! Service was great and the food was too. The seats were alright and flight attendants did not appear very often. IFE was excellent. Next leg was on an Airbus A320-200, fair seats and staff although the croissant that was given was disgusting. CDG-LHR was also on an A320, quick and easy flight. LHR-YYZ was a slightly ageing Boeing 747-400 yet suitable for the flight and had nice seats, IFE and same good food.

British Airways Customer review :  18 April 2014 by M Nal    (UK)

LHR - Bergen (Norway). Arrived for a 8am flight at 6am, check in easy. Security 10 minutes, no major lines. A319 departed on time. Flight half full. Tea good, had croissant with ham and cheese also good. Arrived on time. Crew safety conscious, friendly and professional. This flight cost £350 for two on BA site £100 cheaper on Airfast tickets site.

British Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by D Venton    (UK)

Return flight to Madrid from London Heathrow. Outbound on BA0462 on April 5th 2014, operated by a B767 and inbound on BA0465 on April 9th operated by A320. Both flights on-time with very friendly and attentive cabin crew. B767 was extremely comfortable although both aircraft provided good legroom. Overhead screens showed an inflight map on the return flight which provided some entertainment however this was not the case on the outbound service. The snack was of a decent size on both legs and cabin crew were generous with drinks. Allowing customers to use iPads during takeoff and landing is also welcome! Overall, a solid performance from BA.

British Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by P Marwick    (UK)

Very disappointed in Club Europe. Paid 120 euros each for an upgrade at Barcelona Airport. As many others have said, it is the regular row of three seats, they simply leave the middle one empty. Lunch was very poor. Shrimp salad. The shrimps were appalling. I ate the salad and the bread roll. The 'pudding' was a small plastic container of apple crumble and was the best bit of the meal. The CE section was busy because two cruise companies had booked large numbers of seats. The crew simply couldn't cope and coffee was served as we were descending. Compared with Club World on international flights, this was really poor. We thought this paid upgrade would entitle us to enter the Galleries Lounge at LHR to await our Glasgow flight but we were turned away.

British Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by Simon Dranbrough    (UK)

MAN-LHR-GVA return. All 4 flights on time with efficient, attentive crew on all flights. Flew to Geneva in Euro Traveller and back Club Europe [Mainly booked to Fast Track Geneva security queues which as expected were horrendous]. Catering in Club Europe good with the 'High Tea' of finger sandwiches and scone with Jam and cream. All aircraft clean with the seats showing no signs of wear and tear. Quite simply a very efficient, good value return trip as booked early. Only problem on trip was outside BA's control which is security and immigration at Heathrow T5.

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2014 by T Atmore    (UK)

LHR to SIN on a Sunday afternoon. It took less than 20 minutes from checking in bags to being comfortably seated in the Concorde Room. Satisfactory choice of wines complemented a delicious lunch. Boarded quickly. First Class cabin was full with 14 passengers. The cabin crew were welcoming and attentive throughout the flight. Nothing over the top, just right. Take off delayed by almost an hour, but better safe than sorry. Captain kept us informed on progress. Food and beverages throughout the flight were very good. Can't comment on the entertainment system as did not switch on; but the guide indicated an ample choice of films and TV shows, etc. Bed made up with no fuss. Took own PJs as this feels more comfortable. Slept for 8 hours. Woke 2 hours before landing. Juice, smoothies, coffees offered. Orders taken for breakfast - I declined, although my husband commented that his full English was surprisingly delicious. The cabin crew remained remarkably upbeat and professional. Bags waiting in Arrivals; straight through immigration into taxi. Checked into hotel just 40 minutes after landing. Well done BA (and Changi).

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Reimer Holst    (Germany)

On my flight from Cape Town to Heathrow I had the pleasure of being downgraded from Business to Economy because BA overbooked heavily (was not the only passenger affected - so be warned). The flight was horrible. Approaching the airline about the refund has not been successful yet - only machines, no people. Never again.

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2014 by N Pethurst    (UK)

We flew from LHR to Boston with our skiing equipment. For 1 ski bag and 1 boot bag we were charged £244 excess baggage. This is a rip off. I contacted their customer services team 3 times as they didn't get back to me when they said they would. Apparently Virgin do not charge extra for your ski equipment bags. We will be taking our custom to them from now on.

British Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by R Girvan    (UK)

Flew LHR-BOS-JFK-LHR. The biggest issue with BA in Traveller/Traveller + is the inconsistency in the hard product. Outbound on a refurbished 777, comfortable seats, clean, fresh cabin and the new excellent Thales IFE. Return on an old 747, grubby cabin with lots of faulty equipment (broken TVs, window trim, overhead luggage bins out of use etc.). It's so disappointing that you can have such a different experience on similar trips/routes and it's nothing to do with service/crew it's the actual aircraft! The breakfast offering is also truly appalling - a small muffin or a rock solid croissant, why even bother BA?

British Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Berry Nick    (UK)

LHR to SIN, seat 1A. Concorde Room quiet but nice and relaxed. Boarding for once excellent with First and card holders on early. Service excellent by old style crew and food and wine truly first class. Slept 7hours and bags waiting.

British Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Rusanu Rucsandra    (Romania)

I have flown BA frequently but this flight was the worst in terms of cabin crew! The flight was nice. Our food was served over Budapest so almost 2 hours after take off which is quite a big delay being a 3 hour flight! I was not hungry so food itself was not a problem, but the cabin crew were very disorganized and kept moving back and forth, not allowing any passengers to rest as they kept serving drinks and food. Normally this route is very smooth and food and drinks are served within 1 hour so passengers can either sleep or read, etc.

British Airways Customer review :  12 April 2014 by Christine Ferster    (Australia)

We booked premium economy flights from Brisbane to London with Qantas and British Airways. The first leg, Brisbane to Singapore, was with Qantas and was excellent, separate check in, dedicated cabin crew, great comfortable seats and a different menu from economy. Overall a great experience. Imagine the difference with British Airways. At Singapore airport my husband and I discovered that we had been given seats well apart in the cabin and it took several efforts on our behalf to get seats together. We then found that there was not a separate check in line, that the seats were very little different from economy and the food was exactly the same as economy. The seating, the service, the food and the overall experience will ensure that we will probably never fly BA premium economy again. What a contrast with the Qantas experience. Unfortunately we are booked to fly back to Australia with them.

British Airways Customer review :  12 April 2014 by R Goddard    (UK)

Transferred to BA flight after our United flight was cancelled. Flew on new 787 Dreamliner. The was our best flight for some time. Okay, the space in economy was standard and the entertainment box beneath the seat in front is always a pain but can't be avoided. The 787 was very comfortable, quiet and had an audible PA which is a rarity. The food was very good - possibly the nicest food on a plane we've had in years and the service very attentive. Admittedly the plane was not full but perhaps the staff enjoy flying on the Dreamliner as much as the passengers! Have not flown outside Europe with BA for some time so this was a very pleasant experience.

British Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by Alan Wingrove    (UK)

I was very pleasantly surprised by the level of service and the ease with which our city-break happened. The only thing BA lack is the 'human touch'. I booked a short break away for our first wedding anniversary, booking the flight, hotel and private transfer on BA's website. We glided through T5 at Heathrow and were well looked after in the Club lounge. The flight to Barcelona was on time and, when we arrived, a driver was waiting for us. We were taken to our hotel in a comfortable Mercedes and the hotel - K+K Picasso - was all we anticipated. On the date of our departure our paperwork said we would be collected 3 hours before our flight was due to depart - and we were! Another comfortable trip back to the airport and, once again, we glided through. A brilliant break - without any human contact at all.

British Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by M Harley    (Australia)

I booked an aisle seat 4 months before travel with both Cathy Pacific and BA, outward travel got the seat with Cathay but not with BA. No reason given, on asking about my seat was told cabin full. On homeward trip asked at Edinburgh, told no you have middle seat, explained I booked an aisle seat, told to ask at Heathrow. Lady was so dismissive so endured almost 12 hours in middle seat again with BA. Was so disappointed with BA, how is it possible that Cathay can give me the seat I choose 4 months in advance but BA ignored my request. Total disregard for my prior booking and unfriendly dismissive attitude from staff at Heathrow. I am an older retired lady and I was completely ignored by all staff.

British Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by B Rouve    (Switzerland)

Flew BA 2202 on Sunday April 6th from Cancun to Gatwick. Although we fly regularly this route this last experience with BA was not to remember. The premium economy seats and LCD screens are now really way substandard. The food is basic, especially when you are given a sandwich with tomato for breakfast (why not a croissant?) and a cereal bar made from cardboard. Also on this flight the staff was particularly inattentive, non existent and want-to-be- somewhere-else.

British Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by A Dave    (USA)

We flew round trip from LAX to Madrid via London in Bus Class (Club Europe), A380 in the LAX-London sector, March 26-April 5th. We had one of the worst experiences for the LAX-London sectors both ways! Going, flight delayed by 1.5 hrs. and we barely made our London-Madrid connection with no help anywhere from BA reps at London airport! Return was horrible. Boarding in London on time and sitting in the plane for 3+hrs. Throughout the flight, the attendants' attitude was sulky and inattentive! landed at LAX 3 hrs late, sat in the plane for 20 mins and everyone got up with their luggage to depart the plane but were we were asked to sit down because they parked at some unknown location! Again to another location and then in a Bus to LAX Int'l Terminal!

British Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by O Ekland    (Norway)

BA770, LHR-OSL, Club Class. A320 with said new Club Europe seats (according to crew). Fixed configuration 3-3 with vacant mid-seat (2-2). If this is the long awaited refurbishment of Club Europe, it is disappointing. It is a step down from the "old" / recent seats, where A and C are pushed together and D and F are pulled apart, creating a distinct BA club class cabin product and seat config. Furthermore, the curtain-cabin-divider was only partly installed, and two overhead lockers in the small club cabin taped shut/broken. Two tray tables in my row were broken. BA came fairly close to loosing a loyal customer.

Earlier comments for BRITISH AIRWAYS have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).

© 1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.