British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Kidd William    (UK)

I flew from Edinburgh to Heathrow and then on to JFK and returned from Las Vegas. The flights in the UK were fine but the flight to JFK and from Vegas to Heathrow were terrible the seats were narrow and the food was disgusting both ways.

British Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by L Bell    (UK)

We travelled Cancun to LGW in business class. To the point I didn't think the experience was as good as Virgin and Emirates who I normally use. Airport staff were helpful, although I was surprised there was no lounge access at all ( we got 2x USD 22 vouchers for the restaurants in the airport). Cabin crew were not particularly attentive or helpful. Dinner and wine/drinks were nice although cabin crew had to be prompted to serve drinks again after dinner. Seat and space was ok although functionality on seat not as good as Emirates or Cathay. My friend had no direct access to aisle and had to jump over another passenger's legs. Breakfast was sub standard.

British Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Robert Kovacs    (USA)

I was excited to fly on the new A380 with the new seating. We sat in 14j and 14k. When we were seated we were offered champagne and we organized our belongings quickly. I sat down got out my magazine and asked the flight attendant how to operate the light and she apologized that our seats had no power and they have been working on it. Well after about ten minutes the door closed and the plane pushed off and I inquired again about the issue and she said the pilot was working on it. The power never came on during the 10.5 hour flight. We had no lights, no entertainment, no seat adjustments. I not given the opportunity to deboard when they knew of this problem or to reschedule another flight. This is not how you treat your business club passenger or any passenger. I was told I would be contacted by a representative but that did not happen.

British Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Sears Michael    (UK)

Club World,–LGW to TPA, week later MIA to LHR. Gatwick check in quick and easy, BA member came over and pointed us through Fast Track and gave lounge instructions. Lounge food offering very disappointing compared to LHR, made do with Marmite on toast and lots of Champagne! In celebratory mood as going for a 30th, cabin crew outbound fantastic, the drinks kept flowing and never a rolled eye or any surly attitude from the crew. Managed 4/5 hours afternoon nap. Upgraded WTP home bound to CW through AVIOS 24hrs before and even bagged upper deck. An amazing night flight, left on time. Have always found UD crew fantastic, two pre departure drinks, and mixed fleet seemed genuinely flying to serve. Only downside was pretty terrible dinner - starter and salad dreadful, steak main not much better. Requested tray be taken away and skip dessert. Reclined and slept - and got woken 6 hours later for a bacon roll. Landed at LHR on time, through security, four bags collected and out of airport in 25 minutes. Club World and Heathrow fantastic when it goes well. Apart from food and beverage – a definite 10/10. Will be a very sad day when the 747s retire, UD on A380 far more cramped.

British Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Mark Gentleman    (UK)

EDI-LHR-FCO-LHR-EDI. EDI lounge good. Flight to LHR on time, food decent, attentive crew. North lounge at T5 much better than chaotic South lounge. Flight to FCO by 3 cabin 767 so upgraded using avios - fully flat beds, great FA's, superb food, good wine. Lounge at FCO okay, food not great. Flight delayed at FCO due to storms at LHR so ample time to use the flat beds, watch a film and relax. FA excellent, food very good again. Overall the flights and service were superb.

British Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Donal Ryan    (Ireland)

London Heathrow to Singapore. Brand New 777-300 very comfortable very clean. Entertainment was good and food tasty but very small portions. Staff functional but not friendly only one water run in 13 hours. Arrive early so cant complain. Better than Qantas flight Singapore to Brisbane.

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Ian Robinson    (UK)

Paphos - LGW, 11th June. We had monitored the outbound flight on the internet, so we knew it was about an hour late although we did not receive a text from BA to confirm this. We arrived at Paphos airport to a somewhat chaotic scene as the queue for security was snaking back around the complete length of the check in area and ultimately merging with the passengers looking for and waiting to check in with a number of different airlines. BA had 3 check in counters open, one of which was for Club Europe, with around eight couples queuing for each one. We had checked in online but still had to drop the cases off and receive our boarding passes and this took approx 20 minutes. I then asked where the fast track through security was, what a stupid question that was as, as there wasn't one. After 45 minutes in the queue, we finally made it to the shared lounge and settled down to a glass of wine or two. The food options were OK but again not a great choice for veggies. The flight home left around 45 minutes late and was fairly uneventful with a relaxed cabin crew. We were off the plane quickly but then had to wait for around 45 minutes for the cases to arrive on the carousel although fortunately, ours soon came through. Overall just an OK flight but BA's premier European product is somewhat underwhelming.

British Airways Customer review :  18 June 2014 by L Campbell    (UK)

Flew LHR-CPT-LHR as British Airways is only carrier flying direct London to Cape Town. Outward flight due to leave 21.30 delayed by nearly 3 hours and the communication at the departure lounge was abysmal, lots of unhappy passengers at the lack of information being given out. Fell asleep when finally got on board only to be woken an hour later to be given my "special meal" which I hadn't requested. Told stewardess it was not for me and she rather huffily took it away. When the trolley came round with the regular meals i was not offered one - this suited me as I don't relish eating at 1 o'clock in the morning, but thought it rather petty of them to ignore me. Return flight was on time but had passenger from hell next to me who was too large for the very narrow economy seats so I spent the night sitting at an angle as it was impossible to sit straight with Mrs Large spilling over onto my seat. Well done to the stewardess who put up with her obnoxious behaviour with a long suffering smile.

British Airways Customer review :  18 June 2014 by D Remnant    (UK)

London Gatwick to Orlando. No surprises to guess that as our original flight to Tampa was cancelled this is not a good review. Due to a technical problem with our plane our flight was cancelled. After finding out from other passengers in the terminal that our flight was cancelled, we were marched back through the airport to queue for our luggage, to queue to go back through immigration, to queue for our details to be entered onto the BA system for an unexplained reason. What an insult to have to stand in line 3 times, for over 3 hours. No extra staff, no positive explanations, no apologies, no customer service, only a lie of a promise of a special flight the following day to our original destination (which did not happen) and some inadequate vouchers for food and drinks. After accepting that our flight was cancelled and then accepting the fact we would be travelling the following day, BA then just drop an email to all passengers to advise them what arrangements had really been made. Our first arrangement was a flight 24 hours after our original departure time from Heathrow to Charlotte to Tampa. We did not book our direct flight by accident, why on earth we would we accept a flight with a stop over. I declined this arrangement for a flight instead to Orlando. A longer busier flight, a bigger busier more time consuming airport, a 3 hour drive from our holiday destination. We arrived 32 hours later than our original arrival time and therefore lost a day and a half of our holiday. To add further insult, on our return flight, the extra leg room seats we paid £100 for not allocated to us! Uncomfortable claustrophobic seating, cheap microwave style food, cheap wine, unacceptable and a waste of money.

British Airways Customer review :  18 June 2014 by I Jackson    (UK)

Club Europe - supposedly premium - had the misfortune of seat 1f - normally a great seat in Club Europe - but for a 4 hour flight LGW to ACE - cramped (not quite as bad as the rest of CE with new - not advertised - 30 inch rather than 34 inch seat pitch) - no window, just a wall. Add to this limited luggage space think its EasyJet with middle seat free for £600 more. Is it worth it - no, thinking avoid BA CE offering - shame I've a few flights to suffer yet. Purser - "this is it now - get used to it" - service downhill too.

British Airways Customer review :  18 June 2014 by Claire Shawcross    (Canada)

We travelled to and from Europe in business class for a two week Mediterranean cruise. We upgraded to business for the added benefit of sleep. My first impression is that the fleet is tired and not very well kept. The seats were uncomfortable, the cabin was dirty and staff were surly. The food, as expected on any airplane, was adequate though nothing to brag about (take advantage of the scones and clotted cream - their only saving grace). Upon our return we awaited in London Heathrow Terminal 5 for them to put the gate on our flight. It finally appeared 20 minutes before the flight where it showed we were in satellite C - it took us over 15 minutes to get there to have the gate agent tell us we should have been there earlier. She did upgrade us so we thought at least that was a perk. Well I am here to tell all - don't pay the money. There is little to no difference in first class. The seats are just as uncomfortable, the food was the same and I still felt like a second class citizen. This time I think it was because were an upgrade so we were always served last and with little selection/choice. To tell you the truth if I had paid for this upgrade I would have been upset as I don't believe this is up to par. We also did a connector flight from Venice to London on the Saturday. The airport was a disaster (3 cruise ships all flying out the same time), no organization from the agents and very little help. When we got on the other side of the check in the multi-million dollar duty free area was amazing but really they should have taken some of the money to deal with the check in area. Upon moving through security we were kept in the dungeon area of the airport to wait with tepid air conditioning while our flight was delayed with no explanation. When we were finally boarded we were told by the captain that the delay was due to thunderstorms and we were still going to have to wait. The last part is not fully BA's fault (they don't design the airports or determine airspace closure) however their agents did nothing to make it better either (by having people out to direct traffic or give us updates). All in all I don't believe I will ever fly BA again - this is unfortunate because they used to set the standard - now they are barely sweeping up the floor (wish they had - at least it may have been cleaner).

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Barry Hebblethwaite    (UK)

BKK to LHR in club world, 777-200, seat 3E and 3F on June 12th. We fly BA a lot and the service can be a bit hit and miss but this flight has been our best flight ever with BA, great food and plenty of it, nice choice of wine, well stocked club kitchen for snacks, but it was the crew that made this flight outstanding - from the start a real credit to BA.

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by H Davis    (UK)

Recently travelled LHR to San Francisco and returned via Las Vegas, flight BA0264. Some years since doing long haul and forget how tiring it can be. Flight out was 'ok' but return not so. Outbound spoilt by an hour or so delay when boarded as they decided to change one of the wheels, glad they did though. Return yesterday not so good as flight again delayed by about one and a half hours but no real explanation. I realise people want to sleep but they can be so inconsiderate at times. No sooner in their seats and fully reclined. Meal was just adequate, curried chicken, but breakfast of a very hard croissant with jam, a nutty bar, some dried cranberries and coffee was not what I really wanted after a delayed 9 hour flight. Entertainment had good choices but sound quality was poor. Boarding process in Las Vegas was rather shambolic. Will still try and 'fly the flag' again.

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Riaz Osmani    (UK)

LHR-Belfast-LHR over a weekend. Ground staff and flight attendants very professional and friendly. Excellent announcements from the cockpit due to weather related delay outbound. Seats on board A319 very comfortable. Why save a penny by eliminating napkins with beverages? Very cheap indeed. The 55 minute flight both ways went quickly. Generous with drinks and the snacks were satisfactory (try the low cost competitors). BA is ideal for short haul flights within the UK and to/from continental Europe.

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Dave Robinson    (UK)

I flew LHR-YVR, outwards 20th May 2014 on 747. The cabin newly fitted and no problems on return leg, 10th June 2014 we were greeted with old style fittings. The whole cabin was very shabby and the seats were damaged and the TV set was unwatchable as the picture was so dark. Even the staff apologised for the state of the cabin and seats, so if it is so bad why do BA sell these seats. I would be unlikely to book 1st class again with BA unless they would guarantee that the plane would have the updated seats and cabin.

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Ian Robinson    (UK)

LGW - Paphos, 4th June. Check in and fast track security was very easy and we were airside within 5 minutes. As we were flying at 2.45 we decided to have some lunch in the lounge. The lounge was busy but there was still plenty of space to relax. The food options were poor to say the least with soup, sandwiches or ham salad being the only items on offer. My wife who is a vegetarian was not impressed as she had to make do with an egg mayonnaise sandwich. Having been told when we checked in that the flight was 'bang on time' the screen informed us at 2.05 that we should proceed to gate 101. After a 10 minute stroll, we arrived at the gate to be told there was a delay to the flight. Why on earth this information could not have been passed through to the lounge is a mystery. No pre flight drinks were offered and we eventually took off about an hour late. Pre lunch drinks were served after 40 minutes and then lunch about 30 minutes after that. The crew were very nice but rather stressed and mentioned that the plane (737-400) should not have been used on this route. My wife had pre ordered a veggie meal that was not loaded on the plane, but the very nice but stressed FA said she could have hers. It was a nice gesture but my wife felt slightly guilty about taking it, although she did and enjoyed her meal. I was told that there was only one option left for me and I could have Kedgeree or Kedgeree, so that's what I had. It was OK but not particularly hot. Arrived at Paphos about 45 minutes late with our priority luggage being in the last 6 cases to arrive on the carousel. Overall the flight was just OK although if it had not been for the excellent cabin crew it would have been disappointing. My wife did receive an email from BA within 2 days of our arrival, saying they had let her down with the non arrival of her pre ordered food on this flight and apologised, which is fare enough.

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Bran Rovers    (UK)

Business class from Shanghai to London. It was the worst business class. Staff give the impression that they are above service and I did not feel that they were courteous or polite. On one occasion I asked for a glass of champagne and never got one, on another occasion, when I dropped my fork for the meal and buzzed for another one, no one came, when I tried to grab the attention of the staff member walking past, he said sorry sir I'll be right with you and never came. Eventually I just went to the back and grabbed one. I would never fly BA again, for the money you pay you can get much better business class and value from other airlines.

British Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by R Brown    (UK)

LHR-EWR rtn, econ/premium. Very good experience as usual with BA. Having gone through the highly pleasurable T5 it was all aboard a 2 week old Dreamliner for the 7 hour outbound flight. Seats pretty comfortable for economy and new entertainment system very good indeed. Return in premium economy wasn't bad at all, comfortable enough to sleep the duration of the return flight. Cabin crew professional and attentive in both directions. Will be using the service again next month.

British Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by John Pollock    (Australia)

BA11, LHR-SIN, 11 June. This flight, and the reciprocal one from Singapore to London in economy a month ago, have restored my faith in BA. The aircraft was clean and in good condition; seats were comfortable, staff were unfailingly attentive, friendly polite and efficient. Meals were of a good standard, toilets were clean and properly maintained throughout the flight. Boarding and disembarking were seamless from BA's side. One of the best flights I have had for years on many different carriers.

British Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Bob Motto    (UK)

LHR to DXB, 11 Jun 14, Club World, Upper Deck, 64A - Great flight slight delay of ten mins but excellent crew on the upper deck. Food choice is excellent and service as always of a very high standard. Not too sure about the new wash bags, large draw string bag with minimal contents, the wash bags get bigger but the contents get smaller! Nothing really useful in the wash bag not even eye masks or ear plugs. Useful contents would be mouth wash, wet wipes etc it is about time BA looked at returning to Molton Brown which was a lot superior than the Elimis range. Otherwise a great flight, met by special services on arrival in DXB who whisked me through Immigration and Customs within 20 mins of landing which exceeded all expectations.

British Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by C Edgar    (UK)

Flew from Edinburgh to New York via LHR on 5th and 10 June. All flights were very full but the service from check in to on board were very good. My only complaint was the breakfast on the return flight a croissant, jam and tea or coffee which was very disappointing.

British Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Nelson Laura    (UK)

Outbound BA 175, 12/5/14. Return BA 286, 1/6/14. Recently travelled economy on long haul to NYC and returned from San Francisco, having previously done long haul with Virgin. BA knocks Virgin into a cocked hat. Love BA. Keep flying the flag!

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by V Bristow    (UK)

BA 213, LHR to Boston. T5 was very busy, but check in was fast and efficient. The flight was on a 747, the aircraft was clean but looking dated. We were seated to the rear of the aircraft. The food choice was OK but both meals had curried options, fine if you like curry, but limiting if you don't. Lucky for us there was still a choice. My TV was broken so I had a long 6.5 hours. The flight crew were very helpful and happy.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by R Thompson    (Canada)

Flew World Traveller Plus for the first time. Our trip was to and from LHR from Toronto YYZ. When flying a distance World Traveller Plus is well worth the little extra. Being a big guy - tall - I really appreciated the larger seats and the extra leg room. And the on-board staff were super. Will never fly regular economy again if at all possible. Unfortunately we got caught in the baggage screw-up at Heathrow on Friday June 6th. We made it back to Toronto OK but our luggage was just delivered to our house today, Wednesday June 11th. I guess that one must remain philosophical when these things happen. I'm just glad that it was at the end of our vacation and not the start. All-in-all I will definitely fly British Airways again.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by Wallace Gordon    (UK)

Glasgow to LHR on a completely full flight. The crew were amazing despite being provoked by an extremely rude lady who was sitting at the emergency exit seat, they remained calm and professional despite her rude and obnoxious comments. Departed on time and landed early which is always nice.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by Ian Roberts    (UK)

LHR-CPH-LHR both A320s. Other than bussed to stand on the outward all was very good. The bus is unexpected at a 'new' terminal but the warmth of the welcome from the crew cheered you up a lot! Simple and tasty flatbread and drink ideal for the 1.45 journey. The return was a tad delayed due local ATC but even though only 10 mins or so the flight deck kept us very well informed and the crew came round with juice or water. Delay was made up enroute and bag appeared as I reached the carousel. Advance booking and using a few points (some I earned back on this flight) made the fare cheaper than low cost carriers. With BA renewing it's fleet the a/c seemed almost new and all very enjoyable.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

Rome Fiumicino - LHR, Jun 1st, Economy, Airbus 321. Great staff, food offering poor, I would have been happy to pay for a better option.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

OSL-LHR, June 8th. Two days after arriving I departed still less my check-in bag from June 6th. Flight delayed, this is more often than not on most BA flights I have been on. Food offered in economy same Chicken Tikka sandwich or bean salad as seen on last 3 flights in a week on different routes. I would rather have the option to buy something I might want to eat. Cabin crew Brilliant, nearly always are, but its not just about the crew service, but it's the only reason they have any customers.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

LGW-MLA, 25th April 2014, Business Class. Where did they get this plane from? Possibly about 1986, fixture and fittings beyond ancient, my seat was wobbly, and not the most comfortable business class seat as space seemed very small. Food good staff fine. Had I paid anymore than the bargain fare I got it would have been a big no no.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

MLA-LGW, April 28th. Business Class. Old cheap (BMI plane) economy seats nearly paper thin, no difference from economy seat. They don't sell the middle seat so it's two passengers per row. BA that is not our concern, it is not about having an empty seat beside it is about comfort for the one I have paid for. Business lounge in Malta has a poor selection, even less that than LGW business lounge and that's saying something. Yes I got a deal on the fare but I have in no way been encouraged to continue and consistently book business class seats. I don't trust BA to provide me with a premium product consistently so therefore won't risk higher business class fares. I even booked long haul in economy with them as I have not been convinced to pay the upgrade. Food ok, staff ok.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

LHR - Rome Fiumicino, Jun 1st. Great cabin crew, silly priced (cheap ticket) can't complain. It was an A321 which tend to be the better aircraft with BA (from my experience) in Europe.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

LIS-LHR, May 10th, Business Class, Airbus 321. Best cabin crew service ever on this flight. Lady in charge of the Business Cabin was superb. Food great. Proper Business seats, good space comfort and functioning - if I could be assured of this each time I fly with BA in Europe then I would choose it more frequently and be willing to pay more than the cheapest Business fares knowing this was what awaits. Frustrating part of this trip BA knowing well in advance there were delays but not informing people until it was long as past obvious.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

SIN-LHR-JFK in Business on B747 for both legs. Significant improvement over the LHR-SIN leg of the trip. Food out of SIN considerably better than LHR, both planes and cabins more updated and in better repair. Service attentive on both legs. Singapore ground staff to be commended for their efforts to assist in lost bag on the previous LHR- SIN leg of the trip due to massive problems at Heathrow on June 9. Got the impression that BA actually cared and tried to help resolve as best they could. IFE still lags behind the other carriers such as CX, QF with relatively limited options, but on balance an improved experience.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

LHR-LIS, 10 May, Business Class. Lounge at T3 spacious - food selection limited and 'dated'. Disappointing as I am finding myself leaving the business lounge in search of a better food offering which is defeating the purpose. Flight - irritating its the old economy seats nothing more, as I have written before this is basically being sold as something it may not be and does not allow me to trust BA to choose this option every time or to risk paying more than the bottom business class fare when I choose to fly in this cabin. Staff great food on board bus cabin good.

British Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by G Brindley    (UK)

The outward trip Manchester - Heathrow - Milan was fine, with even a guide to take us to our connection at LHR Terminal 5. The return trip Munich - Heathrow - Manchester was not so good. The system would not let me check-in online, and despite being the first in the queue at airport check-in we had already been allocated seats right at the back (we discovered on boarding - no plan or explanation given on check-in) with no recline. Both planes were late, and at Heathrow especially the communication was poor: at one point the board said 'Please wait', then there was a 'last call' even though the gate had not yet opened; the staff seemed unconcerned at the delay, no explanation or apology were offered unless they were in the inaudible announcement, but I doubt it as it was quite short. Having arrived at Munich to check in at 1.30pm we eventually got to Manchester at 9pm, not too late as the pilot made up some of the lost time (all excellent pilots, by the way). But during this time the only refreshments were a small packet of crisps and a drink, twice. Not impressive, although the staff on board were friendly and polite.

British Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by R Tompkins    (UK)

LHR to DXB Return. Outbound flight delayed 2 hours, just as well as it took over an hour to clear security. Remote lounge quiet, nice food and wine. Jumbo on way out, new interior, new and very good entertainment, excellent attentive crew, food as usual poor - (recommend you always eat at the airport which given cost of flight one really shouldn't have to). Inbound flight on a 777. Same on way back as on way in except also on time, but must commend 2 crew members for their endless patience with one clown of a passenger.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by J Yates    (UK)

LHR-LAX-LHR. This route is the new A380 which I was very much looking forward to travelling on, it certainly did not disappoint. I paid £20 extra to reserve seats in the upper deck at the very back, this area is only 4 rows separated by galley and toilets and really does feel like its own private cabin. Plus the seating on the upper deck in a 2-4-2 layout means sitting by the window not only feels more spacious as you only have 1 person next to you but due to the shape of the A380 you get huge amounts of shoulder room and access to little storage lockers below the window. Flew Virgin UC on my last trip to LA in a tired and dated aircraft and BA economy was welcome. Can not recommend BA enough.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by S Levy    (USA)

We just flew round trip on the new A380 from LAX to LHR (and then on to Rome). The A380 business class area was nice and the food was decent. However, the layout of the seats wasn't great (you have to jump over the person next to you when they have their seat in a flat position). Also, avoid the aisle seats, as you feel like you're out in the open and people are constantly bustling by. As well, the seats on the aisle have zero storage space so you are constantly getting up to get things out of the storage bin above you or losing them under your seat. The BA lounge in LAX was ok, nothing great (although the food was decent) and their South Lounge in LHR, Terminal 5 was just ok - very busy and crammed with people. Nowhere to relax and enjoy some downtime. The food was the worst we've ever experienced in a lounge (only things available were horrible little sandwiches, a few cookies and drinks. Since LHR is the hub for BA we expected way more. However, our biggest issue was with the staff on board the flights. They were highly erratic in quality. Some were very friendly and helpful, others were beyond rude. I had read that British Air now has a new system where the same staff does not do the same routes on a consistent basis. There are apparently a lot of "floaters", who come and go and work different flights by choice. To me this seems like a big mistake, and most likely causes the huge discrepancy in service. Our flight home was an hour late (BA seems to be late a lot, based on the many reviews). They also managed to lose all of our luggage. We travel a lot and will no longer choose British Airways, as it's too much of a "Russian Roulette" as to whether your service will be good or not.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by S Lewis    (UK)

We travelled Club Europe from Gatwick to Paphos as we were going out to get married. The extra luggage was handy due to the dress and all the extras that we needed to take but we could have paid for the extra space at much less a cost. As it was our wedding we decided to treat ourselves and go the full hog so spent nearly £1000 extra on Club Europe seats expecting to get a really good experience. Check in was quick and easy but there was no queue at the normal check in either so we didn't really benefit from that. The lounge was nothing particularly impressive although we didn't get there with much time to spare so that was more our fault. We were let on the plane first through the front of the plane, the problem was that the rest of the passengers also came through the same door and through the Club Europe section so to be able to put our bags up into the compartment I had to stand by my seat until the entire plane had boarded. The seating then was just a row of 3 seats with the middle seat blocked off so although there was "extra room" it wasn't what I'd have expected. Our bags were marked as priority with the tags but came out with the rest of the luggage. I don't know if we went in expecting more than we should have but for the extra money we paid I think we were entitled to have higher expectations. Not an ideal way to start our wedding experience. We'd never travel Club Europe again, it was a complete waste of money so hopefully others will read this and save the money to spend on the rest of the holiday!

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

LHR-ATH-LHR outbound 6th June. Check in and lounge good as normal at T5' boarding done by bus which I always find odd at the home hub, seat 3a on an A320 I like BA's club Europe and this flight was no different. Nice happy crew and the food, English breakfast was pretty good, flight arrived on time bags off quickly. Return 9th June check in at ATH airport quick and polite, used the lounge which is ok but pretty full with 2 flights leaving about an hour apart. Boarding quick seat 2A and another A320 appeared a bit older but comfortable enough for a 3hr30min flight, crew again friendly, meal service was lunch which was ok, arrival T5 on time and on a gate this time. I read some reviews on here I've travelled a lot with many airlines in economy premium economy business and first, have to say my experience with BA has been mostly very positive. Everyone can have an off day.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by D Prentice    (UK)

London (LHR) to Houston (IAH) to London (LHR). T5 in Heathrow is crazy, We been up and down the lifts and get train to other gates. We got boarding first then people comes in the plane. When the plane was ready to take off, then 1 hour later food ready to give out to other people then nothing until 1 hour before we land. The seat was uncomfortable, old and tired. The Cabin Crew were so miserable.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by R Easson    (UK)

Travelling from Venice to London Gatwick with British Airways on what should have been a painless short flight (2hrs). How wrong I was. Held in boarding queue for about 20 minutes with no explanation. Then got onto flight to find no crew to help passengers in economy with on-boarding, stowing luggage etc. I was sat in very last row and became apparent that the crew were sat at the back, having a laugh. A large number of the passengers on this flight were elderly requiring help putting their hand baggage in the overhead lockers. Did the crew bother to look or help? No. They were sat up the back in the galley having a right old laugh. Only when we started taxi-ing, could they be bothered to finish their chat and do a lacklustre safety demonstration. Which I couldn't see as the crew member demonstrating was right at the front of the plane. I couldn't hear the pilot announcement as the audio was faulty. No idea what he said or what flight conditions were. For a nervous passenger this is not great. Took off and then the crew started for service. The food I couldn't eat as allergic to one of the ingredients and told there was no other option. Fair enough. Was offered a drink about 20 mins before landing. Just as well I had my own water I guess. Finally crew member opened locker above my head on approach and her shoe fell out on my head. Wasn't painful per say, but didn't get apology from crew member at all. She looked at me like it was my fault! I fly BA quite a bit and usually never much of an issue. I found the service on this flight incredible really. I'm still pinching myself to think it was actually BA. I left the flight feeling angry and slightly depressed if this is now the standard product from BA. The plane was old, no map, torn seats, broken arm rests, and rubbish in- flight service. I really will now try to find other airlines for both UK and International flights from now on where-ever possible.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by Mark Knowlden    (UK)

LHR-VIE, on an A319. Online check-in didn't start working until about 15 hours before the flight. Selected 13F on a very full flight. Selected "collect at the airport" option. Suddenly, 8E, a middle seat. No aircraft swap, no explanation, no apology. Boarding pass failed to work at security, an error somewhere in the system told security that pass had already been used allegedly before I even got to the airport. Boarding not great, with a packed bus getting a tour of T3. Flight 15 mins late due to congestion at LHR. Service efficient but not overly friendly. Much prefer Austrian on this route, and will return to them for my next trip. A shame as BA should be a world beater - I'd not flown with them for about a year, and it bought back memories as to why I choose others.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by L Horn    (USA)

We flew LAX to LHR on the new A380-800 in Club World. Flight was on time. The flight attendants were pleasant. Food was excellent. There was a huge choice of movies to watch. The lie-flat seats were very comfortable. I am definitely going to fly British Airways again.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

LGW to AMS. Easy check-in at Gatwick with the pods to check in and print boarding pass. Did that the night before as staying at an airport hotel. Easy and quick to drop off bag. Departure lounge easy to find. Controlled boarding. Pleasant staff and light snack on short flight. Well recommended and far better to use than T5 at LHR if you have the choice. Luggage took a long time to arrive at AMS but that is Schipol's issue rather than BA.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

LHR-SIN in Business on B-747. Hard to find much good to say about this experience. Everything about the trip was chaotic and disappointing. Heathrow T5 a complete overcrowded mess. Flight delayed by 90 minutes as they couldn't get the jet bridge away form the plane and it took far too long than it should've to resolve. And to make it all worse, BA had a global baggage IT systems failure, which resulted in my bag not making it to Singapore (despite checking in several hours before the flight). The flight itself was average at best. Upstairs cabin comfortable enough, although the plane was old and tired, IFE limited, food appalling. The only positive thing I can say was the crew smiled a few times through the awful flight which at least suggested they were trying. Can't imagine how BA can compete with SQ on this route given the absolutely dreadful nature of what was once a much better airline than it is today. They have no idea where my bag is or when I will get it and you can't contact BA in Singapore on the weekend as they are closed. One just gets the impression they couldn't care less. Would not recommend.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Mark Murphy    (UK)

I really do not have the energy to write very detail of how bad my very recent flight too (and from) Vegas was with BA however I can categorically state I will never fly with them again and am bewildered as to how they survive a superior option as an airline. Highlights of my journey include: Severe overheating on flight complaints ignored until someone fainted. Delayed on runway for 90 minutes for what was described as catering reasons. Running out of food and beverage 1 hr into a 11 hour flight. (No beer 1 hr in to flight - after the 90 minute delay). Uninterested and incompetent staff. Lost luggage. (1 case has so far turned up). Space reduced to less than a foot (Head to back of seat) once person in front inevitably reclines. I could honestly go on and on about how bad an experience this flight was and am being completely honest when I say that I am an easy customer to please. If you have Virgin as an option even its a bit more expensive please take my word for it and go with them, they are a class apart. BA operate as a (poor) budget airline posing as something else. Very poor journey, shocking experience.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Berry Nick    (UK)

LHR to BOS. Day after baggage shut down but First check in easy and security quiet. Super breakfast in Concorde Room. Flight then delayed for 2 hours whilst all on board but crew were great. Food and wine superb and service was BA at it's very best.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Charlie Harm    (UK)

Flew in Club World for the first time on the new BA A380s. Big disappointment. The two upper deck cabins feel congested with more seats than the upper deck of a 747 yet noticeably fewer staff per passenger and too few toilets. The dinner service on the LHR-JNB flight was chronically slow (about three hours from beginning to end). The staff have been instructed to deliver drinks by hand from the galleys (rather than from a trolley) and to plate all the meals. All this takes too long with this level of staffing and the passenger experience suffers. The cabin crew were also curiously bad tempered, perhaps due to the frustration of trying to deliver an over complicated meal service to increasingly disgruntled passengers. A pity, as the planes are quieter than previous generation aircraft and the flight was very smooth.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by S Tsoy    (Russia)

LHR-ARN. All the procedures at Heathrow terminal 5 were a breeze. There was some kind of baggage delivery failure at check-in but the staff managed it very well, smiling and being professional. The flight went on an old, dirty and worn out A319, though seats were comfortable. The service was of typical intra European flight: light cold snacks and drinks, flight attendants were professional. Overall, I would use BA in the future but I would prefer flying a newer plane next time.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by P Rosamond    (UK)

Recently flew from LHR to Munich and then from Budapest to LHR. The flights were ok and seats etc as standard in economy but were not overly impressed with the staff and thought food was awful (albeit a roll). We didn't have breakfast as thought we would be having snack on plane on outward journey but it was inedible and on return we didn't have lunch as again thought we would have snack on plane but again thought it was inedible - chicken tikka with spinach roll which I am sure some people may like but why cannot they serve any plain food like cheese or ham or beef, especially as they are a British airline. We used to always fly BA but stopped using them and had just started to try them again but doubt whether we will continue.

British Airways Customer review :  6 June 2014 by A Ward    (UK)

LHR-ATH-ATH, June 2014. Both flights 1.5 hours late which always seems to be the case largely due to the old plane (767) used on this particular flight. Food average, cabin crew variable-average overall. No apologies for lateness of flights which unacceptable-BA still seem to think that they are doing you a favour for letting you fly with them. Poor overall and am even considering using Easyjet as Gatwick closer to my home.

British Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by G Bennett    (UK)

Sao Paulo - London Heathrow Club World. Sat in the upper deck on the 747. Fantastic experience. Very comfortable flight with attentive helpful cabin crew. Reasonable food, good selection of drinks and good IFE.

British Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Barry Hebblethwaite    (UK)

LHR to BKK in club world, over night flight. Lounge at T5 great. Nice choice of hot foods, wines and snacks. Love the spa treatments. I really like the club world seats, very private for sleeping. Food tasty, had mushroom pasta. Good choice of films. Most of crew in club did a great job, still get the odd one here and there that are surly and disinterested - make you feel as if they are doing you a favour! I always try and fly BA, on the whole a great airline.

British Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Linda Bowen    (Barbados)

Travelled from Barbados to London, Gatwick and then onwards to Italy using British Airways in both instances. Returned to Gatwick on May 28 and again travelled by BA to Barbados. My experience in all instances was extremely positive. The flight crew on all flights accommodated my every request. The food was served at the right temperature, at appropriate intervals and was tasty. I would definitely use this airline again.

British Airways Customer review :  3 June 2014 by S Pearen    (Canada)

Flew YVR to MUC via LHR. I had high expectations for this airline, but was pretty disappointed. We were flying with twin 15 month olds, so it's great with BA that you can preselect the bassinet spots when booking. Crew did bare minimum, seemed as though asking for anything was a huge inconvenience. Audio on IFE was awful, couldn't hear any movies. Flight landed 10 minutes late in London and we were denied boarding on the MUC flight due to being late. If they allow a connection of 1h10, and you're 10 minutes late and can't get on, their system is flawed. When are any LHR flights not 10 mins late! They rebooked us 2.5 hours later, but after complaining put us on a Lufthansa flight 1 hour later. I never thought I would say this, but will use Air Canada on this route from now on if the price is equal.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Shiva Raman    (Australia)

Dublin to Sydney (via Heathrow and Singapore). Club Europe from Dublin to London and club world to Sydney. Flight to Heathrow delayed 40 mins due to weather which was fine. Upon arrival in Heathrow waited for an hour for the bus transfer leaving us 30 mins to make the next flight. Upon boarding the connection bus, another 30 mins delayed. By this time it was about 10pm. Obviously missed the connecting flight to Sydney so tried to find a BA contact in terminal 4. Was then advised to go to terminal 1. No BA reps around and no 24 hr phone number. Then transferred to terminal 5. By this time it was midnight and still no BA contacts. Finally went to baggage services and saw a BA rep that had no idea what was going on and sent us to the first class lounge, which was closed. Finally someone appeared at 1am who sorted out our hotel room and as the delay was caused by BA, they provided us with the option of flying back to Sydney on BA or could see if they could get us on a China Southern flight (we had originally booked China Southern). We took the BA option as it was easiest and needed to come home. Next day, arrived at airport and boarded through Gate C in terminal 5 (hate Heathrow airport). Lounge in Heathrow was fine, over crowded but fine. Upon boarding the BA business class product, we were very disappointed to say the least. Seats old, aircraft old and the seating configuration was awful. We had the two middle seats E and F which were facing backwards however the seats on opposite sides are very close facing towards you. Flight left on time and arrived in Singapore on time. There was a delay of an hour in Singapore but again, that couldn't be helped. They were also out of the express passes which was annoying and also lost our baggage - luckily it arrived two days later. Good luck if you're expecting to sleep on the flight. Seats were small and very uncomfortable. The amenity kits were ok however they ran out of eye masks. The hit towels were anything but hot. Food was below average. Overall, I wouldn't recommend British Airways Club Europe/world. The best I've experienced so far from Sydney to Europe would have to be on China Southern. Considering they are 2-3 grand cheaper than British Airways and they offer a better business class product and a more seamless transfer process.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by C Lawence    (UK)

Belfast City to London Heathrow on 30th May 2014. I travelled in economy class on this domestic flight across the Irish sea. The flight experience with BA started with a pleasant check-in agent who made sure I knew where I was going to and was then equalled by well groomed and friendly cabin crew. A small drink and a biscuit was offered on this route. The captain kept the passengers informed of the route and arrival was on time and disembarkation swift. My only complaint was that the announcement in Belfast was not clear and was made by somebody who was hard to understand.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Robert Sakakeeny    (USA)

BA 214 in the late spring os a 747-400. Lie-flat seats were ok, but still difficult to sleep on. Seats alternated between face-front and face-rear, so when the privacy screen is down you are looking directly at the other person. Service was fine, with an optional dinner and breakfast, and a variety of drinks. Snack basket was available all night. Business class was nice, but not sure it is worth the extra cost.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Peter Bedson    (Oman)

MCT-LHR-MAN and LHR-MCT I think you need to fly BA every so often to remind yourself why you don't do it any more. The first flight was just poor - from check in to landing. Although they have now changed the aircraft on this route and the IFE is better they still treat the passengers as self-loading cargo. It took me 3 hours to get a drink - the staff were cheerful, they simply didn't do anything. A full flight and at least one washroom out of action was an additional pain. Transit through LHR is always an unalloyed joy and this time I had to go through immigration which added to the fun but despite this I still had time for a very quick shower between flights - hooray and full marks for the lounge staff. LHR to MAN was fine. Coming back was much better, the crew were responsive and pro-active and the food was actually edible - if all BA flights were like this I would use them more - I only used them this time because Swiss have axed the route temporarily while the work on the Dubai runway is happening.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Robert Sakakeeny    (USA)

Boeing 777. One of our best flights from Europe. Everything was done to make us comfortable, including showing the technically challenged how to work the numerous controls. Good selection of movies and shows. Food and wine selection was good, and the prep was quite good. Seat was very good, especially compared to the 747 outbound flight we had.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Murat Nal    (UK)

Tampa-Gatwick. Check in lousy. I can't believe I am writing this. Checking in 3 bags, one weighed 32.7 kg the supervisor insisted I remove the .7kg (1lb) from the bag. I had to ask him if he was serious and he said he was. The person checking in next to me had the same problem. When you fly business class the reason you do is because you don't want stress, this strictness doesn't help. Tampa airport didn't help the stress level either, I had one carry on bag, rucksack and a small bag for a laptop, security to the gate insisted I was allowed two carry on's so I had to put two bags into one. Going through the third security, the scanner showed I had something in my pocket. Body search revealed I had a few $ notes in my pocket. Security man 'when we say remove everything from your pocket we mean everything' I thought he was joking, he wasn't. Lounge at Tampa Ok. Sandwiches freshly made and plenty of drinks reasonable space. Option of going to one world lounge as well. Boarding, aircraft clean, all seats in club taken offered champagne by very friendly cabin crew. Food usual just edible (insulting to passengers as you are paying business class monies) flight landed late. Baggage collection happy to see two of my check in's come out first and sad to see the last bag come out last as the priority tag had got removed of the last bag.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by N Oakshott    (UK)

A long time user of BA I have seen a gradual decline in quality now hit freefall and the LHR-PHX-LHR route that I use monthly has become more akin to sitting in a cattle truck than a B747. Old airframes with tatty interiors are the norm, legroom is extremely limited, the aircraft is seldom what you would call clean and the crews give the impression they are almost putting themselves out to serve you. Food is not worthy of the name and the whole experience is an utterly miserable 10 hours of your life each leg. Enough is enough and 1st June is the last time I'll use the outbound flight as I'm switching across to United via ORD in future. OK it means a changeover in Chicago, but the recent experience was a refreshing change from BA and I actually felt like I was wanted on the United flights.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by James Little    (UK)

LHR-Warsaw. Economy on an A320. Plane seemed brand new. Was seated in 8C towards the front of Economy, and that's obviously a seat that gets configured for Club Europe from time to time, as the seat pitch was pretty generous. Complimentary breakfast consisting of coffee and a filled croissant was perfectly OK. Service efficient. Flight left and landed on time. Textbook stuff, really. No complaints at all.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Owen Phoneix    (UK)

Gatwick to Malaga, late May. I have travelled this route literally hundreds of times, the number of airlines that have or currently operate this route over the years gives a good choice of flight times and fares. However I find myself using BA as the norm. The flights are well priced, usually on time, the aircraft are clean and comfortable although they could be newer. Legroom is great especially if you can bag a seat in the first eight rows, these have 34 inches of legroom. Organised boarding makes a huge positive difference as well.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Bedingfield Elizabeth    (UK)

Travelled back from Tampa to Gatwick, Friday 30th May. This flight proved that it is the crew that make a good or bad flight. This one was really bad. I was booked in Club, normally the plane is a three class 777. On Friday it was a four class that was flying and I was lucky enough to be seated in the First Class cabin. Although it was not classed as an upgrade to First because it was business class service, it should still have been a lovely experience. Yes the seat and all the space was great, but the first words I heard as being offered a drink was - "Can't wait for this flight to be over". This was from one of the stewards to another steward, but that attitude was the same amongst all the crew serving the cabin. I hope BA read this forum, as the service really was appalling. My husband was in the bathroom when breakfast was served, he was ignored. A request of a cup of coffee was met with, we will be landing in 40 minutes. So, what should have been a real treat turned out to be the most disappointed I have ever been with BA. Will no longer recommend.

British Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by C Lawrence    (UK)

I flew from London to Milan Linate on 27th May 2014. Firstly, the booking process was quick and easy and was matched by an efficient check-in and bag drop procedure too. The staff were well turned out and other than one cabin crew member the cabin staff were professional and polite. The airbus was modern and comfortable. A snack and drink was served on this flight and it was nice to see screen showing the route map of the flight. Disembarkation was orderly and well managed. I hope to use BA again the in the near future.

British Airways Customer review :  30 May 2014 by M Lucas    (UK)

Boeing 767, Club Europe to Istanbul and back. The seats were tatty and very worn, leg room limited at best, thankfully the passenger in front on both legs did not recline their seats. The head rests are hanging off, as are parts of the cabin. The food was ok, but turning out a "plastic pot" upside down into the china bowl in front of you isn't that great. Even though I know they do that in the galley in first class, it doesn't need to be on display. Crew much better inbound.

British Airways Customer review :  29 May 2014 by Murat Nal    (UK)

Gatwick-Tampa. Check in simple, lounge at Gatwick average, aircraft B777. Clean and departed on time. On board pleasant welcome, food just about ok, after some research chose seat 4K window, you won't disturb anyone getting out. But have to agree with mostly everyone else that seats are small and facing a stranger is quite odd. Cabin crew excellent, flight crew informative through out the flight which landed on time. Anyone booking Business as opposed to Eco or Eco plus should know that all you are really paying extra for is a cramped flat seat and allowance of 3x32kg bag checked in, instead of 2x23kg in Eco. Good films to choose from but music naff as is the screen. Brought my own in ear Bose IQ20 headset Excellent for flights.

British Airways Customer review :  29 May 2014 by Amanda Hutchinson    (UK)

My husband and I travelled to San Diego from Heathrow and back via JFK five weeks later. Service is appalling. Stewards are slightly more pleasant than the stewardesses who are particularly rude, abrupt and lazy. Food is particularly foul and there was a long period of some hours (the flight to San Diego is 12 hours) without access to water or beverages. Dinner was produced a short time into the flight and a snack provided before landing. The journey from JFK was worse. Same problem with rude and disdainful stewardess. We paid extra for extra legroom at the front of the cabin and found more seats had been installed in front which resulted in such short room that my knees were touching the seat in front for the whole trip back. when the seat in front was reclined, it was impossible to view the monitor in front of me. Dinner was pretty awful and the next meal: breakfast comprised of a near frozen croissant. The problem is staff. There needs to be a senior manager travelling on these routes in 'cattle class' incognito - then they will understand what it is like to be treated with complete disdain.

British Airways Customer review :  28 May 2014 by Faye Edmundson    (Canada)

I flew on Apr 29 to Belfast changing in Heathrow and also May 6th from Belfast to (via Heathrow) Barcelona then May 17 from Venice - Heathrow) then to Vancouver BC. I was very pleased with the service and meals and flight attendants were great. The only part was that changing at Heathrow was a bit of a pain having to wait to see on the board re what gate to go to but otherwise everything was great.

British Airways Customer review :  28 May 2014 by M Wilson    (UK)

I found BA to be the worst airline I have used. Flew LHR to Boston, 2hr 56 min delay to start with. Cabin staff unhelpful and disinterested. Also leg room appalling with trim falling of the seat in front of me. It had the interior of an old knackered plane. I have flown Singapore Airlines who run rings around this bunch. I could have flown with Virgin instead for the same money and would have had a vastly superior less drab experience.

British Airways Customer review :  28 May 2014 by S Arangelov    (Bulgaria)

Heathrow - Johannesburg, A380. My first flight on A380. After half an hour delay because of planes late arrival boarding started. First thing I noticed was how tiny the seats were. Second thing to notice is that the plane was not properly cleaned. There were grease stains and empty cans left behind. At this point I noticed some toilet paper between the panels above my head. When asked, the cabin crew explained this is how they fixed condensation problem from the air conditioning. Anyhow time for lift off. I turned on the inflight entertainment system to watch it from the camera at the tail of the plane. After looking for 5 minutes I couldn't find it anywhere. (Later I found out there is no such option on BA A380s). So no tail cam, fine let's listen to some music. Wrong, the headphones are not working. Cabin crew assures me they will "bring me some more". One hour later, suffice it to say cabin crew did not bring anything. I've managed to grab a pair of unused headphones from one empty seat just to find out they were not working either. Probably it was some problem with the jack in the seat, rendering the whole inflight entertainment system pointless. And if that was not enough it was time for dinner. By the time it was my turn, BA had run out of "chicken" so my dinner was asparagus with rice or something like that. You don't even have to look at it to understand why everyone else was choosing the "chicken". So no edible dinner and soundless entertainment system. Pretty much spent the rest of the journey counting the minutes until I could get off this plane. The worst part is I have a return trip with BA which I'll be looking to switch to another airline if possible.

British Airways Customer review :  27 May 2014 by H Stewart    (UK)

Heathrow - Johannesburg. Concorde lounge comfortable as always. A little underwhelmed at first by first class on the A380, not as spacious or appealing as I had expected. However it had all that I needed, including a very good screen for the IFE. Had the 5-course taster menu, but different wines than those which were suggested. Was very good indeed, did not have the dessert but the better half pronounced it outstanding. Unfortunately arrived at same time as several other long-haul flights so immigration was a pain, but not much BA can do about that.

British Airways Customer review :  27 May 2014 by D Chamberlain    (UK)

BA Heathrow to Madrid Club Euro. Disappointing service, perfunctory at best, with cabin crew spending much of the flight hiding behind their curtain. Full cabin but it has to be questioned why we continue to pay extra when the service is so disappointing. Flight itself was fine, cabin itself not as tatty as some BA short haul. Good experience at T5 lounge at Heathrow. The afternoon tea product continues to underwhelm and underfeed - they really should change this.

British Airways Customer review :  27 May 2014 by D Chamberlain    (UK)

Club Europe London Heathrow T3 to Lisbon. T3 lounge very good. Boarding fine and helpful but it is disappointing that this flight consistently requires a bus to link the terminal to the plane and that there is no specific service for Club Europe passengers. There is little point in fast tracking us at other stages of the journey to ignore us at this point. Good flight, excellent cabin crew - why can't BA have a consistency of cabin crew quality? Today's crew were excellent - attentive, engaged, appropriately friendly and amusing and consistent with their service throughput the flight. Food was fine, champagne improved from previous flights. Quality of cabin still modest - upgrade of the cabins really should be a priority, but I fear that BA's focus is on the long haul not those of us who travel within Europe. Efficient upon arriving at Lisbon.

British Airways Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Pranav Sharma    (India)

TXL-LHR-SFO. TXL-LHR on an A321, it was an uneventful flight, drinks were served. Transfer at Heathrow was uneventful but I think that BA should give their gate numbers beforehand. LHR-SFO on Boeing 747-400. IFE was a little old and the volume was very low. Movie selection was okay. Overall it was a pleasant journey.

British Airways Customer review :  25 May 2014 by J Griggs    (UK)

San Diego return business class (the seat was more comfortable than the first class one). As usual plane was fine, service was OK but not attentive (i.e just about OK). Food was terrible -I have flown BA in economy, business and first - and never had good or adequate quality food. If they upped their game on this they would be unbeatable. Entertainment pretty dire - at least first had a few good "box sets" of TV programmes. My wife was back in economy - her comment was that the world traveller plus seat gave her backache - the economy seat was better. Her food was inedible.

British Airways Customer review :  21 May 2014 by Charmayne Buckley    (Australia)

Flew British Airways from Sydney to Venice on 22nd April and return 20th May from Barcelona. From Sydney check in staff wonderful, courteous and helpful. Cabin crew just as wonderful as Check in Staff. Food out of Sydney awful. Return journey was from Barcelona. Again check in Staff were wonderful and helpful. Cabin crew just as wonderful and food was fine.

British Airways Customer review :  21 May 2014 by G Sims    (UK)

Recently returned from Mauritius to Gatwick in Club World and have to say that the service was woefully lacking. Left on time. The cabin crew were obviously tired and the welcome glass of Champagne was served without smiles or a welcome. Throughout the whole flight the crew did the absolute minimum and there was very little interaction with the passengers. Breakfast was disgusting and served soon after take-off. A little round casserole dish of British Breakfast ingredients all piled together and searingly hot and overcooked and tasteless. Awful, insipid coffee. After that some of the crew disappeared for a sleep and we were left to ourselves. Nobody asked if we wanted anything, nobody chatted, I rang for a drink and nobody came. The galley 'kitchen/snack bar' was almost bare and had two manky, stale smoked-salmon sandwiches and a few bottles of water. On asking for a glass (there were none) for wine I was told to sit down and one would be brought as indeed it was ten minutes later with no smiles or nibbles. Throughout the flight I felt guilty asking for a G&T or wine because of the negative attitude of certain cabin crew. Lunch was just about OK and very good wine. After that for the next five hours nothing was served to refresh us before landing - no tea, no cakes, no nothing. The seating configuration was 2-4-2 (Boeing 777) and packed in like sardines - claustrophobic for some. To access the aisle from the window you have to climb over the legs of the person behind and the food is served across the lap of the aisle seat over the partition. We were a couple but if you are travelling alone it could make for some very strange eye-to-eye contact with a stranger. The IFE was dated and a very limited choice with poor quality fuzzy screens. The whole package was so minimal, soulless and lacking. Not once were you made to feel special or 'pampered' in any way. If there is an alternative in future to BA, I'll take it and compared with some Middle-East airlines the Club World product is embarrassingly mediocre. BA needs to refresh, review and up-date quickly. Sorry BA - you've lost me for the foreseeable future!

British Airways Customer review :  21 May 2014 by S Munro    (UK)

London to Barbados and back. After reading some bad reviews, we were delighted with the service and food and both ways we had a great crew. Shame the films were not on demand on the return trip.

British Airways Customer review :  21 May 2014 by Michael Davies    (UK)

London Heathrow to Madrid on a Boeing 767-300. The outward flight was on a plane configured for Worldwide operation. i.e. with Club World, World Traveller Plus and World Traveller classes. It was one of the newly refurbished ones. The economy cabin at 2-3-2 and leg room was excellent - I am 6 foot tall. Snack of a very nice chicken sandwich, complimentary alcoholic drinks, with a second run. Staff very efficient and friendly. We are Silver members of the Exec Club and the Cabin Service Director welcomed us by name. On time departure and slightly early arrival. The return flight was on a standard European configured aircraft, but space was as good as the outward journey. On time departure and arrived into Heathrow 20 minutes early. Overall a great trip.

British Airways Customer review :  20 May 2014 by Connie Green    (UK)

Recently for our honeymoon, we took advantage of a BA promo to fly in to Singapore and then to Hong Kong via Cathay Pacific and back to UK. Our flight out to Singapore was easy and relaxed because I think it was not a busy flight. We did ask to have a wedding photo canvas to be checked in to save us the hassle of lugging it around but was flatly refused. The canvas was less than 1kg, properly packed for delivery but just slightly awkward to be carried around. We understand BA has a one bag check in policy and no flexibility but we were not too bothered anyway although a little kind gesture would have been appreciated. Our flight on Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong was great! We were allowed to check in 3 pieces of luggage between 2 of us that weighed less than 40kg, food was fantastic and the service was immaculate. On our way back to London we were excited as we knew we were flying the A380. SQ and Emirates have A380 we have flown. This turned out to be a mistake from the start. When we were checking in, we were not allowed to check in extra hand luggage despite the combined weight of less than 40kg for all 3 items. When we got on the plane, we were shocked to see how tiny the seats on the BA A380 were in comparison to SQ or even Emirates. Next we struggled to find an overhead cabin compartment for our hand luggage. The staff, instead of helping us find a space for the bag, stood on her spot pointing at cabins that looked empty but were 10 over rows away from our seats. The ultimate bad experience came when breakfast was served. By the time the trolley came to us, there were no more options for our breakfast and the food was just plonked on our trays. No apologies, no explanations as to what was under the foil, no smiles! I was quite upset by now as I had to ask the stewardess what was being served. I have never felt more humiliated. With BA, it was just silence. Miserable, unhappy, lifeless crews at work who can't seem to care less with their customers. No smiles, no interactions, no explanations, no communication. Needless to say, the highly unpopular dim sum with noodles for breakfast was left untouched! Our overall flying experience with BA has been anything but pleasant, friendly, generous, comfortable with delicious meals. It had just served as a reminder why I have not chosen BA the last 10 years and perhaps the next 10 to come.

British Airways Customer review :  19 May 2014 by R Richards    (UK)

LGW-Antigua on 29 April and Antigua-LGW on 13 May, Boeing 777. It started off badly when I went to pay the final payment on line on evening of 16 February. The system rejected both my credit and debit cards. On checking the state of my account with BA online, I found that the final payment had been credited to my account and I now owed the initial deposit. I sent an email to get it sorted only to receive a reply that it could only be sorted out by a telephone call. First call was useless with a person who had poor grasp of English. Another call to a premium number required a 20 minute wait to get someone to sort out the problem having been passed round twice. I was told it had been sorted out and received E ticket email with my state of account showing I owed nothing. Two weeks later I received another E ticket, the only difference now was that it showed the last four digits of my credit card. Next credit card statement did not show money taken out. Not unusual for some companies but made me nervous that all was not well. Two weeks before flight I got a phone call from BA stating that there had been a computer glitch and could they have my credit card details. I then received an email apology and confirmation all had been paid. About 22 hours before flight I went online to check in and changed my seats and entered passport details etc and printed boarding pass. Arrived at LGW to just print baggage labels and drop off baggage. Met by man at terminal who tore up my boarding pass and printed off a new one saying ‘bring back the old system. We then had to queue to drop off baggage. Other than choosing seat it was a complete waste of time to check in online. Flight left and arrived on time. However the inflight main meal was the worst I have ever experienced on an aircraft. There was no choice and the red wine was undrinkable. The inflight food on my first flight, a forces trooping flight to Singapore in 1962, was better. On return flight you could only check in online and alter seat position. Check in at Antigua was one of the quickest check ins I have ever done. Left Antigua on time and arrived LGW on time. Food was worse than going out. No choice. Starter was small chopped up lettuce leaf with small tomato wedge with a rotten end to it. Main was very dry pasta with a tomato sauce on it. White wine was just about drinkable. Coffee served as we started main course. Asked if we could have it later and told no as turbulence was expected. No turbulence but cabin crew quick to clear up and disappear for a bit of shut eye leaving minimum staff on duty. At least with Ryanair you know what you get for your money.

British Airways Customer review :  19 May 2014 by D Ellis    (UK)

LHR-JTR-LHR. A tale of opposites for BA's new route to Santorini. Outward, it couldn't have been better, with excellent FAs, decent food and arrival that was ahead of schedule. The return started off poorly with substandard facilities at Santorini airport, including no online check-in, no business class lounge and no priority boarding. An air traffic controller issue kept the plane grounded for 30 minutes. On board, they'd forgotten the menus for the dinner service and the starter and cheese course had been left behind. The Club Europe toilet then ran out of water. So, overall, okay, but the return was disappointing.

British Airways Customer review :  19 May 2014 by L Lampard    (UK)

Gatwick-Venice return. Two contrasting experiences. Trip out pretty good, A320 so much better than the old 737's used at Gatwick. Staff friendly, and a good snack and beverage included. Good updates from cabin, and we left and arrived on time. Trip back felt like it had been crewed by brand new staff in the cabin. Food handed out 20 mins after take-off, but drinks took another 30 mins to be offered around cabin. Half the cabin crew seemed too pre-occupied with passengers not sitting in correct seat, even though flight not full. Think a smile and re-assurance to move back after take-off would have sorted the issue, however one female crew member in particular had forgotten to bring her 'happy face' to work that day! Flight OK, but not up to standard you expect. I fly BA quite regularly and choose over EasyJet as fares and flight times often similar, but service superior. I hope the Gatwick service levels can reflect the BA brand, otherwise they have an aggressive competitor in EJ at this airport.

British Airways Customer review :  19 May 2014 by Gerard Ward    (UK)

1st Class LHR-PHX. Totally seamless flight. Great driver collection through concierge service (granted it was extra). Concorde room was lovely, great staff and nice breakfast. First class service onboard, staff were very good. Producing a very nice custom meal for my wife.

British Airways Customer review :  19 May 2014 by C Tyler    (UK)

When we booked our holiday to Barbados, I was really pleased to see we were flying with British Airways, as they have a good reputation. Sadly our experiences put a lie to this. As part of the service they offer, BA allow you to either pay an expensive premium to choose your seats in advance, or you can log onto their website for free 24 hours in advance. I tried to do this several times without success and finally rang the helpline number suggested. After a 14 minute call at premium rate, the call operator (whose grasp of English wasn't great) was unable to advise about the problem, nor manually book our seats and could offer nothing more constructive than “keep trying”. I rang the complaints line (still premium rate), and other than a better grasp of English, was still unable to assist in any way. Both operators assured me that they would sort it all at the Airport. So, in view of this, we arranged to arrive at the airport early. We entered our details online to find that even though there were only 2 of us, we weren't sat together, or even on the same row. By now my wife – who is a nervous flyer – was in tears! We then sought assistance, and had to queue, but eventually we're allocated 2 seats together. As they were free, I don't know why these weren't given originally – however given our further experiences – maybe they don't like using them? I have flown long haul before, and found that you always get a more generous allocation of space, particularly shoulder and legroom. Sadly British Airways don't appear to follow this doctrine. The legroom was adequate, however as soon as the woman in front reclined her seat, I had about 4 inches between the front of my nose and the back of her seat. As my TV screen is in the back of this seat, it made trying to watch the screen extremely difficult. I managed to watch 1 film, however this brought on a headache, so I was forced to stop. I would love to see what regulations BA have to follow regarding VDU viewing, however in a work environment, this would be banned without question. The final disappointment came when the food was distributed. I had the Thai Chicken which was over-cooked so that the rice was cremated to the top and bottom of the container whilst my wife had the cottage pie which tasted of plastic. She didn't eat hers. I ate mine but had a stomach upset for the following 48 hours. All in all this was an experience I do not want to repeat and I shall certainly not fly British Airways by choice in the future! We didn't have these problems with Sri Lanka Airlines.

British Airways Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Steve Adolfo    (UK)

Travelling as a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 young children) from London to Boston, I hoped there wouldn't be a problem sitting together in the 4 middle seats. I had not paid to reserve my seat as I had never had to pay extra before while flying with Emirates, Singapore or Cathay Pacific. The seats allocated at check in were 3 on the left (A/B/C). My wife sat with the kids while I had to sit in the row behind. The seats could not be changed at check in or on the plane. It seemed ridiculous that we were not allocated the logical place for a family of 4 in the middle of the plane even though my flight had been booked 5 months in advance. I warned the stewardess that the situation would be difficult for my family, for the staff and the passengers around as this proved when my 3 year old cried as he wanted to sit next to me. I had to swap seats with my wife a couple of times during the flight, it was a stressful flight. On the return flight, I reluctantly paid extra (£23 x 4) to make sure we got the 4 middle seats. The journey was less stressful but my wife had her own issues as she couldn't recline as the passenger behind was too tall and refused to move his legs, (he should have paid and extra £23 and reserved a seat with more leg room). My wife complained to the steward, as the passenger refused to let my wife recline, he was made to move to a different seat. In conclusion, I found staff were generally friendly but didn't exert themselves on service, the food was okay but the entertainment system was dated, it didn't have any games, and the screen kept freezing. It seems the flight services to USA are not up to the same standard as flying to the Middle East or the Far East as British Airways had failed in comparison at all levels when compared with the other airlines mentioned earlier - my last experience to the USA was with American Airlines, and that was worse than BA. The main disappointing issue with BA is definitely having to pay extra for choosing your seat. If you are travelling with a family of 4 and you want to guarantee you sit together, you have to pay an extra £200 on top of the original cost of the return ticket, this felt more like the additional charges of Ryanair!

British Airways Customer review :  16 May 2014 by David Worcester    (UK)

LCY-SNN-JFK-LCY BA001 and 004. Quick check in and fast track security although I had to show my boarding pass to get expedited. Gate 24 lounge with a view of our aircraft and a glass of champagne. Quick boarding, nice welcome by a familiar face. Cabin has stood up well and is as fresh as it was on introduction. Starter choice to Shannon now replaced by a selection of canapes served on a plate. USA immigration straight forward and soon back on the aircraft, but the airport is soulless. Once in the air, salad, drinks and a choice of mains. I had the curry which was excellent, followed by chocolate fondant smothered in chocloate sauce - bliss. Later, on the Friday 001 flight which departs at 1245 as opposed to 0945, they serve supper rather than afternoon tea. This was a plate of cold cuts and samosas.Tasty.Quick disembarkation, lovely crew. Return on 004 Sunday evening, supper in the busy Galleries dining room. then quick boarding on this full 31/32 flight. Supper served to those who wanted it, and then a full hot English breakfast option or a bag to go. Bussed to the arrivals hall and immigration and then home in 15 minutes. Excellent crew and flight.

British Airways Customer review :  16 May 2014 by D Leston    (UK)

MIA-LHR in World Traveller on a 747-400. After having flown 3 consecutive legs on AA (and having been pleasantly surprised), I wasn't sure how an old BA 747 would measure up, but aircraft was spotless and in full working order. Crew were friendly and helpful. The food was pretty good and the IFE far better than AA.

British Airways Customer review :  16 May 2014 by R Vincent    (UK)

Flew to Vegas on 8th May and dismayed at the standard. Filthy seat back in front of me, dismissed with a shrug by a steward. Only choice of meal was a lemon pasta, although some food wrapped up in foil was brought with 3 chicken meals to share between 6 of us. Sandwiches, crisps and nuts etc were refused when requested as an alternative; we were told by the stewardess not to sit in the area we did (around row 31) as it normally happened. The worst part though was aloof staff, who actually come over as rude.

British Airways Customer review :  14 May 2014 by Marlene Miller    (USA)

On a recent vacation from Sacramento to Paris, some friends and I had a terrible experience with another airline and had some trepidation about our return flight from Paris to Sacramento. We did, however choose British Airways for the return flight and none of us had flown with them before. I am happy to report that the experience was totally different. Our flight was delayed by an hour which did effect our layover and did rush us to our next flight but we had a cushion of 2 hours layover so we were ok. On the flight the seats were more comfortable, more leg room, less noisy, better entertainment due to screens on seats in front of you and the access to the bathroom was much easier to navigate. We also had seats relatively together which the other airline refused to offer us even though we had made the reservation months in advance. Their screen was so far ahead I couldn't see it and it offered only one choice. The staff was very kind to hydrate us frequently and gave us plenty to eat and it was all very palatable. I will definitely recommend British Airways for International flights to my friends.

British Airways Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Kathleen Osborne    (UK)

I should be in a nice hotel in Romania, instead 9 hours after I arrived in Heathrow courtesy of British Airways I am still in Heathrow heading back to Glasgow! The 7am flight went well 10/10 for getting me from Glasgow to London. The connecting flight to Bucharest was delayed by more than an hour which meant I wouldn't get my connecting flight to Timisoara. I duly went to customer services (waited 50 mins) who offered to get me to Timisoara tomorrow about 3pm as the last flight on 9/5/14 was fully booked. They offered to put me up in a hotel in Bucharest but were not able to book one. Having waited 50 mins at a BA desk where apparently there was nothing they could do to check availability of a hotel in Bucharest I was not filled with confidence. Since I was going out for only 48 hours and would miss a large part of my meeting I decided to go back to Glasgow. I was booked on the 15.50 to Glasgow and given a slip of paper with all the details and told to go to the gate when it was called as they would know all about the booking as it was on the computer. Told my boarding pass was sorted. They hadn't sorted it and I got a lecture about what I needed to do in future. There was no way I was getting on the flight, told that I should be grateful as they were doing me a favour putting me on the 6.50pm flight. Told to go back to the service desk and wait in the queue again!

British Airways Customer review :  13 May 2014 by S Symon    (France)

BWI-LHR-ORY on a Boeing 767-300 in Y+ and an Airbus A320 in Y. Luckily this was a refurbished 767-300, so the aircraft interior looked new. The seats were quite wide and there was plenty of legroom which I need as I am tall. We were offered a choice between water or orange juice as a pre-departure beverage and wine was served in proper glassware. The meal was a slightly more upmarket version of the World Traveler dinner so I was a bit disappointed with that (I was hoping to get more food). Although the IFE is rather dated in comparison to the entertainment on BA's newer planes, the audio quality was much better on this particular aircraft. Cabin crew were professional and polite and, most importantly, I was able to get about 3-4 hours of sleep! Connection in Heathrow was a bit of a nightmare since security seems to be constantly saturated and we had to be bussed from the 767. Flight to Orly was full and I can't comment on it much since I slept.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by S Castleman    (UK)

LGW-MRU-LGW in business. Outbound flight good with attentive staff, return flight staff couldn't seem to care less had to ask for everything even water and coffee after lunch. Not what you expect in Club World from a 4 star carrier.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by L Matt    (UK)

LHR-FRA-LCY, May 2014. LHR-FRA on a 767, row 18. Checked-in via the mobile app, no bags to drop as a day trip. BA Galleries South for a quick spot of breakfast. Boarding started 20 minutes before departure. Not a full flight. Left slightly late due to cargo being loaded but arrived on time. Standard seating and food for BA short haul European flight. Return FRA-LCY on a E70, Row 15. Use of the JAL lounge at FRA opposite the gate area. Bus to the aircraft and an on-time departure. Full flight and not much room up above for carry on items on this aircraft on a full flight. Legroom quite tight in row 15. Again, standard food and drink for a BA short haul service.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Colin Pay    (UK)

LCY-GLA on EMB190. Full aircraft, service very good, beer and a snack. Flight on time.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Jeff Suykerbuyk    (Belgium)

08/5/2014, JFK-LHR-BRU. After the perfect outbound flight, we thought that the inbound flight could not be the same. The lounge is JFK was very crowded and not really relaxed. Boarding was again relaxed with a perfect crew on the Upper deck, friendly and relaxed. Slept nearly the all flight in perfect conditions. The flight LHR-BRU was delayed with more than 40 minutes but the captain excused humbly for the delay and gave us plenty of information. business cabin was full but the service on this short flight was more than excellent.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Andrew Allen    (UK)

Belfast-Heathrow-Frankfurt return. Very impressed with the service and crew especially on the Frankfurt-Heathrow sections as the Belfast ones are only domestic but still excellent. I was impressed with the food which was a hot chicken dinner going out and afternoon tea on the return leg. The crew were really exceptional and make this airline as the seat pitch in Club Europe is poor. Their Galleries lounge in T5 is just OK being a bit of a cattle market compared to the Sukara longge in Frankfurt which was superb.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Worcester David    (UK)

LHR-MAD-LHR Club Europe. Galleries South lounge was heaving and the sandwiches and cakes were basic. Quick boarding and a brilliant crew who delivered excellent service. Afternoon tea of 3 finger sandwiches, choice of warm scones, clotted cream and jam and a packaged Do and Co cake, all very nice. Champagne and other drinks freely available and crew were good at spotting an empty glass. Well done. Return, navigating Barajas is not easy and the T4S Iberia lounge was crowded and difficult to find a seat. 767 aircraft now fitted with bigger screens. Service was lunch pasta and chicken or prawn Caesar salad and a creamy dessert. Both enjoyable. Service was even better than on outbound the CSD was personable and very interactive with all pax, as were all the crew. She took time out to explain and show the meal options and chat with the pax. A fine example of BA at its best.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Jeff Suykerbuyk    (Belgium)

2/5/2014, BRU-LHR-JFK. Short flight in business from Brussels to Heathrow was how a short business always has to be: excellent crew, decent food, flight was on time. Flight from LHR to JFK started in perfect conditions: First lounge in Terminal 5 (as a gold member) with excellent champagne and food and place. Boarding was smooth, with helpful crew, a nice drink to welcome us on board and to relax and a nice smile. In one word the start of a perfect flight in a full cabin, landing on time in New York. This is how it always should be.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by S Snehal    (India)

While different people have different experiences, I wanted to share that I have mixed reviews, both are great - one can be used as feedback while the other for pat on BA's backs! I was traveling BLR-LHR-SFO route on 9th of May 2014. The first flight from BLR-LHR was chaotic, and as mentioned by others on this site, most food options were exhausted by the end of the flight. I don't complain because I got my food choice. The flight staff had some really courteous people while some were pretty snobbish. The second flight is really what's worth mentioning - it was the most cheerful flight I have been on! The flight attendants were entertaining, the pains of being on a second leg of a 24 hr journey was not felt. BA 287 flying on 9th May 2014 - fantastic flight. Food was okay - I loved the Lily O Brien chocolate mousse! Entertainment - its high time BA upgrades its entertainment systems. The audio was lousy, and nothing was clear or audible even on the highest volume against the aircraft sounds.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Kathleen Kirby    (UK)

Once again, a good flight from LHR to Warsaw in an A320. Cabin crew were very efficient and friendly on both outbound and inbound flights. I was tempted to upgrade for £72 when I booked the flights, but decided not to due to the good catering service on the flight and the shortish journey. The wraps have been replaced by a flat bread sandwich which is much better! Looking forward to my next flight!

British Airways Customer review :  11 May 2014 by G Thomas    (Australia)

Caught a connection from Gatwick to Jersey and it was fine. A very short flight with very efficient and effective staff. Not much more I can say because we were up and out so quickly. I was travelling business and it is about time a little more space was made in the cabins. If you cannot cross your legs then why are you paying for business class seats?

British Airways Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Loraine Droy    (UK)

I have just been reviewing all the reviews on this website, and it seems every evident to me that if you are booked in First class, you will more than lightly have a great flight, economy or premium is touch and go! If you want to take the risk, I travel BA to Tampa premium economy three times a year, the food is disgusting, and I always sit in aisle 14, now if anyone has booked there seat in this aisle, be warned they run out of choices on the menu when they get to you, and they offer you an economy meal, and quite frankly they do not care if you complain, well I complained! Myself and the man seated next to me kept up the complaining, and 15 mins later the steward comes up with two beef dishes. The crew had kept these meals for themselves. So be aware that if you are seated in aisle 14 bring your own food, because you will not get a decent meal.

British Airways Customer review :  11 May 2014 by S Goff    (UK)

Flew from San Francisco to Heathrow, London. Flight was delayed 3.5 hours, the food, particularly the breakfast was the worst I've had on an airline. The sets were very uncomfortable. I feel BA have a long way to catch up to the quality to other airlines such as Emirates and Qatar.

British Airways Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Tanmay Bhakta    (Australia)

I flew Singapore to Sydney with them recently and it was the most horrible flying experience. At the boarding gate the staff were just so disorganised in getting the passengers on board that we had to wait for almost an hour before we got on. The plane was an old and tired 747-400 which had the dirtiest cabin I have seen. There was a stale smell lingering in the premium economy cabin. The seats were old, worn out and lumpy despite being in premium economy. The inflight entertainment was a joke. The video quality was mediocre and the noise cancelling headphones were not working for most of the flight. The food was some strange fried rice which was bland. The crew were unfriendly, they didn't serve drinks once throughout the flight. The worst part were the toilets, smelly with a toilet bowl and sink choked with toilet paper. Overall I will never fly British Airways again unless I don't have any choice.

British Airways Customer review :  8 May 2014 by Alan Clare    (UK)

6 May 2014: Las Vegas to Gatwick. Boeing 777. Back on BA again thanks to Avios Companion coupon. Cabin crew are now more present throughout the journey but not experienced any of them going too far to please a customer, it seems just okay if they run out of a meal choice or if friends not seated together. Certainly yesterday, cleaning the wc was not on the duty list. I've flown AF, TAP, SWISS, KLM long haul in the past year and by far BA catering in economy is the poorest in content. Yesterdays offering for Breakfast was almost an insult.

British Airways Customer review :  8 May 2014 by P Harris    (UK)

Lanzarote to Gatwick on 13th April. Flight itself was okay, but on arrival we were "parked" a long way from the baggage reclaim area (for which the Captain apologised). After a 30 minute walk from the plane our problems began, as we then waited another more than 2 hours for our luggage to arrive. Many flights that landed a long time after us received our bags and set off home far more promptly. BA have acknowledged they are responsible for the journey from "start to finish" but have gone on to advise that some parts of the operation are sub contracted, including this part. Can't recommend BA because of this experience and because of the way our subsequent complaint has been handled. Not planning to use BA again because of this.

British Airways Customer review :  8 May 2014 by A Amaladoss    (UK)

LGW-VRN-LGW both in Club Europe. Was offered an upgrade on the way out for £85. Swift check-in as Gatwick was quiet at 6.30am. Used the Galleries lounge-reasonable cold food selection, but the only hot option was porridge. Nice atmosphere though, and good views of the runway. Left slightly late due to congestion. Nice breakfast, with individual bottles of Heidseck Monopole champagne. No aerobridges at Verona, so had to walk to a bus in the rain. Bags delivered quickly. Return flight was delayed by an hour, as the incoming flight was late. BA use the Catullo lounge, which is very poor, with an abysmal selection of food-nothing hot, not even a sandwich, just biscuits and pastries at 9pm! The lounge is before the security check, so not able to relax altogether. Crew very apologetic about delay, speedy drinks and meal service-the chicken curry was passable.

British Airways Customer review :  8 May 2014 by A Amaladoss    (UK)

LHR-YYZ in business, was looking forward to a B787 but this flight was a B777. Had the rear facing seat- comfortable enough, but it is always awkward trying to clamber over the passenger seated diagonally opposite. Enjoyed the plentiful supply of pink champagne. Lunch was fine, as was the afternoon tea. IFE screen on the small side, but managed one movie. Crew were pleasant, friendly and efficient.

British Airways Customer review :  7 May 2014 by C Thomas    (UK)

I'm not normally one to whine, but here goes. LHR-CDG at 0725 on a Tuesday morning, via the dreaded gate A10. Plenty of "Fast Track" signage, and we fast trackers were herded through the checkpoint onto a bus, where we waited until we were joined by all the other passengers! Outstanding! Flight OK (fairly grubby ex BD A320), but the pointlessness of a non fast Fast Track amused me no end.

British Airways Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Berry Nick    (UK)

JFK to LHR. Empty check in and priority security quick. New food selection in First class lounge but preferred the decent meal in the dining room. Boarding easy and upper deck crew excellent as lights not turned on until just before descent with arrival on time. Bus to terminal but bags waiting when we got there.

British Airways Customer review :  6 May 2014 by C Denson    (UK)

Chicago O'Hare to London Heathrow on 2 May. check in very fast and efficient. New 777 plane. Take off and landing about 30 minutes late. Friendly flight crew. Efficient service. Good vegetarian meal. Very pleasant flight.

British Airways Customer review :  5 May 2014 by A Hickling    (UK)

Travelled to HKG on board the new A380. Boarding was efficient with a dedicated air bridge for First passengers. Welcomed on board, offered champagne, newspaper, pyjamas and wash bag and settled into my suite. The space is more noticeable than a 747 or 777 equivalent, with a wardrobe that can fit carry on baggage a jacket and shoes, plus a side bin that accommodates other items. The food was excellent with the choice of a five course taster menu with accompanying wines, or a la carte. There are also treats available in the first galley. Breakfast was also very good. I managed to get plenty of sleep as the aircraft is very quiet, and walked around the entire plane to get a sense of scale. The crew were excellent, addressed me by name, engaged in conversation, whilst delivering an unobtrusive service. The entertainment system was the Thales product. Plenty of choice, interactive screens, and no rebooting as is the case on other long haul aircraft. I couldn't fault this flight, just a pity I couldn't spend longer on it. Looking forward to the return journey.

British Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by A Skilton    (UK)

Read the review dated 28 April 2014 by Raoul DaSilva this persons experiences echo's mine. I flew BA0016 club world and was most disappointed. Being provided with broken headphones, dirty inflight entertainment controls, miserable staff who discussed problems over the top of passengers from one side of the plane to the other. I was even served a cold coffee and another coffee was provided with no milk or sugar.

British Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Iain Henderson    (UK)

BA 059, London to Cape Town, April 29 2014, economy. It's been a while since I flew BA world traveller and it will be even longer until I use them again. Clapped out 747, terrible uncomfortable seats, awful back of seat video system. - my partners failed. The crew seemed totally disinterested and disengaged and far more interested in getting the "service" note the quotes over with ASAP. all they wanted to do was to retreat behind the curtain and gossip. Perfunctory drinks service - when asking for a whisky and soda I was offered whisky and tonic. Paper cups for coffee at breakfast. Meals are better at a Little Chef. The amenity kit was an ancient set of headphones and a toothbrush. Never again. Wake up BA there are major competitors out there and next time it Emirates via Dubai.

British Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by G Pardoe    (UK)

Las Vegas-LGW, 777, 3 class. Business. The unique forward facing/rear facing seat configuration fits in more seats than other leading airlines. Try to get a window/aisle seat if you are travelling as a couple but you will be lucky unless you are prepared to pay £60 to choose your seat. Otherwise you will be allocated a seat 24 hours before the flight and there are limited choices to change your seat allocation on a busy flight. In the middle 4 seats you will be either facing someone during service, take off and landing or sat next to someone with a small partition between you. In all seats the foot rest is part of the bed and blocks access so you will either have to step over or be stepped over to leave your seat. The seats were comfortable in all positions. Dinner was average but less elegant than meals on other leading airlines. Breakfast was a disaster; hardly any of the choices on the menu were available but no explanation or apology were offered which was typical of the functional, unsmiling flight attendants. We got a good price in a BA sale but the overall experience was disappointing.

British Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by J Lappin    (UK)

Poor service, poor food, tatty aircraft on recent flight London - San Francisco. Past sell by date cabin crew did nothing more than necessary, very little information from cockpit. A very large dip in standards.

British Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Merritt David    (UK)

Its been a long time since I did a domestic trip with BA and this was the 0725 departure from Gatwick to Edinburgh, returning 1345 the same day, The last thing I expected was a full English breakfast, but there it was. Great cabin staff, on time northbound and 15 minutes early all the way back. Very impressed. Thanks BA.

British Airways Customer review :  1 May 2014 by Guy Senior    (UK)

An interesting contrast on recent Gatwick to Turin and back flights. Going out, it was a (new?) A320 which was bright, clean and spacious. On the way back it was a B737 which was clean but a bit tatty and felt cramped. Service, food and drinks on both flights was commendable. I believe that all of BA's 737s retire by the end of the year, which cannot come too soon.

Earlier comments for BRITISH AIRWAYS have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).

© 1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.