British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by P Ellis    (UK)

We travelled BA premium economy between LHR and San Diego, outbound before Christmas, returning early Jan. I'm very neutral about these 11 hour flights. The seats were ok, we managed to get the bulkhead seats in the PE cabin, which meant that there was no recline intrusion from the seats in front. The IFE screen was too small, the outbound food was so appalling I didn't even try it on the return flight. The cabin crew were average. Basically, this flight got us from the UK to San D without having to change on the (weather vulnerable) East coast. The flights were on time and reasonably priced. I'd happily fly this airline on this route again, knowing I'll probably have a reasonable experience.

British Airways Customer review :  5 April 2014 by Berry Nick    (UK)

Oslo to LHR. Delayed boarding but left slightly late. Served pre dinner drinks quickly by good crew and tasty dinner with wine. Full in club but very efficient .Landed on time but on remote gate. Bus to terminal and bags waiting.

British Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by A Fowler    (UK)

LHR-ATL on 777. I had high expectations of First Class but was bitterly disappointed with the following: 1) My wife and I were ignored by BA staff at the First Class check-in area whilst they had a private conversation. What a terrible first impression to give to your customers. 2) The Concorde Lounge (supposedly their premium lounge) was crowded and noisy. We had to wait a long time to be served. 3) The member of cabin crew that served me was unfriendly and forgot to serve part of my meal. 4) The food was terrible! My steak was like a piece of leather and the vegetables were soggy. I left most of the food, and on the way home I avoided the in-flight food all together. 5) On our return flight my in-flight entertainment system was not working properly. Overall, I am extremely disappointed with BA and am now using other airlines for much of my travel.

British Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by L Burton    (UK)

LHR-JFK Return. Both Flights was decent, staff very pleasant throughout. Meal wasn't the greatest but hey. Drinks free throughout which is perfect, movies on the seat TV were ok but no massive selection. All in all though a good service.

British Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by K Barrance    (UK)

LHR-HAM on A319. Oh dear what has happened to BA? Paying for a full service airline and all you get is a packet of crisps and a coffee for 'lunch' and tight economy seating that you feel crammed in. It's not worth the hassle to go to Heathrow. Next time EasyJet for me, sorry BA.

British Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Chander Ahluwalia    (USA)

JFK-LHR-EWR, Premium Economy: The lounge at JFK remains hospitable and friendly but needs some updating. Day flight outbound. The 747-400 prem econ cabin is showing its age as is the plane. The noise and vibration, the boring color scheme but the friendly crew and decent food made the flight overall comfortable. The return journey - late evening was marred by chaos caused by the fog earlier in the day, a 30 min queue for club world bag drop off and passengers trying to rebook flights meant few desks were available. The lounge had a tasty variety of food and I even managed to have an ice cream before boarding. The dream liner (787) is truly a new age way to travel. The prem cabin is pleasing to the eye and the adaptable head rests and better use of space, differentiates prem from the regular economy cabin. Several drink services, good food and a cabin crew who were polite and friendly. The on demand service is comprehensive and I found a couple of films I'd been planning on seeing. Noise cancelling headphones are a nice touch but if only there was some internet or text messaging capability!

British Airways Customer review :  3 April 2014 by R Vines    (UK)

I flew First to Miami from Heathrow in the old configuration. The service was friendly and the seat was fine. But I cannot forgive British Airways for the food they are serving in First. It lets down all the people in London who work so hard to improve the image of British cuisine. It was similar when I flew First a couple of years back.

British Airways Customer review :  3 April 2014 by I Laing    (UK)

I found the breakfast on BA flight was awful. So unhealthy all sugar. It was inappropriate. The fares are so expensive, the seats in economy so tight that you need to be a size 10 to be comfortable. Please BA up your standard. I would prefer to pay an extra £10 and have a healthy breakfast. Had I known how uncomfortable the seating was in economy I would have willingly paid to upgrade my seat. Not impressed in this day when travellers have expectations of being comfortable. The journey is about feeling someone's knee in your back most of the time and trying to be polite. BA should be unique with all passengers getting a comfortable flight, not a sardine flight. As a future traveller in the next few months I may consider not flying with BA. Certainly not the best.

British Airways Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Mark Stanger    (UK)

In the last 10 days I travelled LHR-LAX and then JFK-LHR with BA and it served to perfectly highlight the airlines biggest current challenge, the inconsistency of the product. LHR-LAX on the stunning new A380 but with a cabin crew that appeared to be going through the motions at best, travelled back JFK-LHR with an engaging crew but on a very tired old 747 which had long seen it's best days. There needs to be more consistency in personnel and fleet (or least the presentation of the fleet).

British Airways Customer review :  1 April 2014 by J Chrzanowski    (USA)

My worst travel experience, the A380 and World Traveler Plus seating notwithstanding. Just because you purchase a ticket, do not assume that you can pick a seat as you do with all other airlines. BA has invented a "need", i.e., to guarantee a seat within a section, and charges for it (unless you wait until 24 hours before you flight and risk not sitting next to a partner, children, etc.). On my round-trip to Spain, $50 each way, and only on the first leg., per person. The "food" on the London-Madrid flight consists of a ham and cheese sandwich on flat- bread. Clarification: one thin slice each of ham and cheese and a piece of soggy lettuce on a thick and tasteless piece of flat-bread. One the London-LAX trip, cod that I mistook initially for a baked potato. Dry and tasteless. Accompanied by something greyish in color, also tasteless, which I never could identify, and what turned out to be a potato dish in a separate container that was frankly inedible. Pathetic does not describe what I got for a $1800+ ticket. On the plus side, the BA flight attendants are wonderful and make every effort to make travelers comfortable. Unless I have absolutely no alternative, I will never fly British Airways again.

British Airways Customer review :  1 April 2014 by C Hirsch    (UK)

Flew LHR-Milan Linate at 12.50 on 27th March in Club Europe. Arrived at the airport at 11.30am and hand luggage only quickly through fast track at T5. Straight to Galleries South Lounge - very busy but managed to find a quiet spot in the corner near the coffee machines in lounge by 11.45. Knew I would be getting lunch on plane so grabbed a sparkling water and kettle chips and caught up on some work. Staff helpful and proactive in lounge. Luckily boarding gate was just downstairs so left lounge at 12.20 and priority boarding worked well and I was in my seat 3D by 12.30. Warmly greeted by experienced cabin crew member who kindly took my jacket for me. After take off, hot towels were distributed in the Club Europe cabin (about 14 people) followed shortly by drinks service and tasty lunch and tea/coffee. Drinks constantly being replenished right up until the end of the flight when crew had to commence safety checks for landing. I liked how I never saw the staff chatting in the galley and were always present in the view of the customer, very professional. A wonderful little treat given I don't usually travel in Club Europe but was offered a £59 upgrade in manage my booking immediately after booking a hand-baggage only fare for around the same price. Excellent value for money for a much much better service and tier points/avios bonuses.

British Airways Customer review :  1 April 2014 by C Kay    (UK)

Johannesburg - Heathrow using Avios. Upper deck in Club World. Very comfortable flat bed, reasonable entertainment options, good wines, and friendly FAs. However, the choice and quality of food was dreadful. Starters just passed the acceptability test, but my steak and my wife's salmon were very poor.

British Airways Customer review :  1 April 2014 by G Crowther    (UK)

BA 213, LHR-BOS, 23/3/14. BA 212, BOS-LHR, 28/3/14. Excellent service from start to finish. This was the best economy class experience we have had on both the 213 out and also on the 212 home on 28/3/14. I'm 6'2" and had no problem with legroom and even though we had bulkhead seats one way they still reclined (very comfy with the adjustable wings and headrest), the cabin was clean both flights, the inflight entertainment system was excellent and even the food was very good on both flights. I have another long haul holiday with BA in November (LHR to JFK) and am already looking forward to flying with BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Ant Richards    (UK)

DFW-LHR on 23 March. B747-400. Last leg of a return trip to JAX. Inbound in WTP via MIA (comment supplied). Being my first trip in First in many years, my main expectation and concern was whether I would have the new upgraded cabin, especially after noticing the flight to MIA still had the older cabin. After a heart-stopping race from my feeder flight from JAX at the other end of the terminal, I finally made it to the boarding gate, my breath following soon after. Priority boarding worked well, and as soon as l turned left, the sophisticated luxury of First awaited. Seat 2A welcomed me in pristine condition. As soon as I made myself comfortable I was approached by the cabin purser who introduced herself, addressing me by my name and offering me the amenity bag and pyjamas. That followed by pre-take of drinks including champagne, water or juices. I noticed thought that the champagne was already served, so a bit of luxury touch lacking there. Pushback slightly delayed, but with little impact on the flight-time and subsequent arrival into LHR. Once airborne, the bar service started. Roasted nuts were duly replaced by a bowl of crisps (I have a nut allergy), washed down with a Taittinger Prestige Rose, graciously replenished. I requested dinner for two hours after take off so I could finalise some work on my laptop. Three- course dinner comprised of Seared Mayan prawns with mango and chilli salad, followed by Mustard seed-braised short rib of beef and its garnish. Dessert was a NY cheese cake with rhubarb chutney. Food I admit was tasty but I feel lacked the wow factor one expects in First Class. I've had similar fare in Business Class, on BA as well as other carriers. Room for improvement there. In general, service was what you expect on BA premium classes; friendly, efficient; non-intrusive and tasteful. The seat amenities were great, the blinds concept for the windows very well thought, but seat, although comfortable in both sitting, lounging and sleeping position, is still behind the offerings of the likes of EK, SQ, JL or NH. Still, if the food offering is addressed, it is a good product and one that one can indulge in during their promo periods (specially if you could combine with say, Club or WTP).

British Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Colin Pay    (UK)

LGW-FCO, NAP-LGW, A319 out B737 back. Both flights on time, crews very good. Beer and sandwich both ways.

British Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Ant Richards    (UK)

LHR-Miami on 19 March. Nowadays, flying BA is a bit hit and miss. This flight, operated by a tired looking B747-400. First the positives. Bag drop-off was swift, although, being a Sapphire card holder entitles me to Club Class check-in, so that was a plus. However, agent was efficient, friendly and helpful. Boarding at the B satellite was orderly despite the full load. Onboard, cabin crew well organised and managed to get everyone in place for a timely pushback. Flight was smooth, information from flight deck frequent and friendly as is usually the case on BA flights. Cabin crew, mainly male in the WTP cabin were also friendly and helpful, if somewhat slow at times. Now the not so positives. Interiors, at least in WTP and WT cabins are showing their age. Despite the great aircraft's that B747-400s are, it's high time for BA to phase them out in favor of the more efficient and modern A380 and B777-300ER, if only to enjoy the new upgraded and refreshed interiors. Seats were not necessarily uncomfortable for a day flight but still wouldn't pay full whack for a WTP ticket. Video screen too small and old for today's standards so difficult to enjoy the entertainment. Mainly stuck to audio on this flight. Finally, food was way below par. Edible, because I was hungry, but just about that. Not the worst I've had, but certainly not as good as other flights I've had on BA. Again, hit and miss experience. With BA longhaul, it's all down to the aircraft you're flying. Where possible I try to avoid their B747s.

British Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Liam O'Brien    (Singapore)

LHR-SIN. How do they get away with flying their ancient 747s on this route - inflight entertainment did not work, cabin tired and shabby, flight noisy (when compared to A380), food nothing very good. On a packed flight taking 13 hours you really owe it to your customers to have fully functioning entertainment, which my seat did not. The small screen was so knackered that it was practically unviewable and all the adjustments were not working. Crew were professional, but could not do anything about it. Have up to now gone for direct flights, but would rather go for Emirates now who have new A380s but stop in Middle East.

British Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by J McLauchlan    (UK)

I missed my 14.30 flight from London City airport to Glasgow on Friday 21 March 2014 by minutes due to unforeseen problems. Even ground staff thought I might still make it so issued Boarding Pass but security screening was mobbed and slow moving at the airport that day. I accept my responsibility to get to flight on time but find it shocking that BA actually said they'd rather have numerous empty seats on the next flight leaving an hour and a half later than charge me a reasonable amount to use the seat - they would only sell me the seat for £305 - the last online price for the numerous seats unsold on that flight. Despite evidence that I have been flying every fortnight on this route from LCY and future flights booked because I intended to commute every fortnight in this way, not even as a gesture of goodwill, would BA charge me a more reasonable rate for one flight in these unusual circumstances. In the end I booked a flight with another carrier from a different airport. BA staff at LCY were singularly unhelpful and it took 3 calls and a half hour wait on the 3rd call for BA Customer Services to even answer.

British Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by S Freeman    (USA)

ATL-LHR-BLR and return. Economy class. Incredible quality for the value. LHR is really built to accommodate British Airways. The entire Terminal 5 is for the airline. You go through security right up in the terminal. Multiple lines to enter through, so you do not have to wait to long. Although every time I have flown though LHR, I have experienced a delayed flight, the airport is big enough to keep you occupied. Many choices for in flight entertainment. No issues with equipment, although the seat next to me did have a malfunctioning television. Service was enjoyable. Staff helpful and accommodating. I would recommend the airline to anyone.

British Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by G Kelly    (Ireland)

HKG-LHR/LHR-BHD. Flew on new A380, very comfortable. Generous amount of locker room space. Cabin crew excellent; around every few hours with refreshments. All very polite. Overall, would definitely recommend. Half full flight to Belfast, full breakfast - cabin crew kept offering to top up my coffee, which I thought was a nice touch. No problem recommending.

British Airways Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Assaf Schwartz    (Israel)

TLV-LHR-TLV. The flight attendants were very welcoming. Flew with Airbus A321 with individual TV's. Entertainment was excellent. They have to improve their culinary field!

British Airways Customer review :  27 March 2014 by J Bingham    (UK)

Flew LHR-MIA-LHR. Seriously considering not using BA again unless they offer a dramatically cheaper flight. Seats were uncomfortable and food terrible. On the way out, we had a meal 90 minutes in and then nothing until about an hour before we landed. By this time we all had headaches and felt a bit sick. Crew seemed friendly enough by all disappeared for about 5 hours mid flight. Doesn't seem to have the same care and service as they used to. We asked for a snack and was told that we should have gone to the bar to ask for one and now they'd run out. Since when was there a bar in the economy cabin? Flight home was uncomfortable with changing temperatures in the cabin - again the seats were uncomfortable and food was not great. They didn't offer extra drinks unless asked. This used to be one of my favourite airlines, now they are right down the list.

British Airways Customer review :  26 March 2014 by Gary Ho    (UK)

MAN to JFK on British Airways ticket but American Airlines aircraft. Very old B757 aircraft that has not been refurbished. No seat back screens. Only two choices of meal (three on virgin Atlantic). Very average quality and small portion size. Dessert consisted of a couple of biscuits. Crew were pretty good. No complaints and flight was on time. Seating was cramped. Large number of seats converted to extra legroom but for a premium price.

British Airways Customer review :  26 March 2014 by C Kays    (UK)

LHR - Johannesburg in (old style) First using an Avios ticket. Tired cabin but more than made up for by the quality of the food and beverage offering and, particularly, the professional and friendly cabin crew. Overall a most enjoyable experience.

British Airways Customer review :  25 March 2014 by Helen Gibbons    (UK)

ALC-LGW. By far the best short-haul sector I have flown in the past 12 months. FAs provided attentive, personalised service. Food and beverages were excellent, with a choice of two hot dishes and a good range of wines.

British Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by William Benson    (UK)

LHR - Milan LIN - LHR in Club Europe. Outbound A320. Return A319. Both planes were in urgent need of a refurb. Friendly and professional service from the CSD. Food was edible and adequate for a short flight. My only complaint is that BA parked at remote stands in Milan for both flights which meant a bus to and from the terminal.

British Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by J Jones    (UK)

MAN-LHR en-route to the Far East, Club lounge in Manchester ok-ish, stuffy and poor magazines. Airbus shuttle to LHR, boarding efficient, arrived on time. Waste of time dishing out hot/cold drinks for such a short journey. Cabin crew were good.

British Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by B Gallacher    (UK)

I always thought highly of British Airways until I flew with them last year in a return flight from London. My son has a severe nut allergy which requires him to carry an epipen. On boarding the flight my wife and I explained to the cabin crew on-board about my son's condition and that we would appreciate if they could make a nut allergy announcement and refrain from serving any products with nuts in them during the flight. With other companies, such as low budget company, Ryanair, oblige to this and make the announcement to the cabin stressing not to open any packets which may contain nuts due to a passenger on board's condition etc. However with BA, they did make an announcement, but on their late night snack services, started handing put bags of peanuts for all passengers! Immediately my wife and I complained, with the reply of the cabin crew member being that they would 'just miss out the rows beside us and in front and behind'. However the staff did not listen and persisted handing these out. This resulted in my son having to put a jumper over his mouth and sleep for the rest of the flight home. This was absolutely atrocious.

British Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by J Jones    (UK)

LHR-HKG. Club Cabin, new A380. Very spacious, lockers huge, seats standard BA Club, Cabin service good and attentive but sadly crew no longer learn our names, possibly because aircraft is so large. Boarding was excellent with fast track in T5 very good. Bubbly served immediately (though surprisingly a little flat). Aircraft very quiet and although departed 30 mins late arrived on time. Dinner-good choices with wine options very good. Slept 5-6 hours even though I am 6'2". Only downside was the entertainment system breaking down after couple of hours but remedied by senior steward arranging complaint forms quickly. Hong Kong airport great, 30 mins after touchdown we were on airport express train. Will definitely try to get on A380 again.

British Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by I Smith    (UK)

Flew club world for me and 9 friends to celebrate my 50th birthday to Barbados. 4 hours into the flight we were told that they had run out of wine and that it was a regular occurrence on this flight. A quick tally up among my friends revealed that we had no more than 10 glasses between us - a glass each! Given the cost of these flights surely you can expect more than 1 glass of wine! I was offered 6,000 Avios points by way of compensation. Virgin is an infinitely better airline to Barbados and at least the seating isn't like an assault course.

British Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by J Jones    (UK)

HKG-LHR, BA 777. Check in at Hong Kong very speedy. Qantas Club lounge very good choice of hot/cold food as well as drink. Boarding gate next to lounge which was convenient. Departed on time standard lie flat club seats but 777 less roomy than 380. Food was excellent as was the entertainment system. Had good sleep followed by hot breakfast but not all choices available. Arrived LHR early; T5 Galleries great but security was slow - not a patch on HKG. BA Crew were great and friendly.

British Airways Customer review :  22 March 2014 by Barbara Cooper    (UK)

BA is supposed to be service service service. Sadly my flight back from Grenada this week was anything but! FA forgot my dinner order, then forgot my wine order. When I complained he was most apologetic and of course you would assume that he would over compensate. Far from it- he actually completely ignored me. I was not offered a second glass of wine, nor dessert or coffee. My husband meanwhile received excellent service from the purser, so much so that she ended up serving me as well. Either way the service was shocking and not what I have experienced on any of my previous 50+ flights on BA.

British Airways Customer review :  22 March 2014 by B Wijesinghe    (USA)

DXB-LHR-IAD, BA 108, (First Class, upgraded from Club World) and BA 293 (Club World), B777-200ER. As a long standing, loyal BA customer since 1996 maintaining Executive Club Gold Tier status in recent years, I see BA's overall product, except seats, getting more inconsistent, and often in decline. Most of BA's staff are still friendly and caring, doing the best they can, while some are now lacking the professional training BA was noted for, and are indifferent or unfriendly, even when the customer is polite. The First Class cabin experience was rather average, with staff friendliness and efficiency tapering-off as the DXB-LHR flight progressed. The new First Class cabin ambience is indeed classy, with lovely colors and mood lighting/window blinds, but 14 so-called suites are far too many in First. The seat itself does not work well, due to the footrest being so poorly designed, and reaching the AV touch screen is awkward. The food was good, but certainly not First Class, and about the same as what Club World used to serve several years ago. I was not shown to my seat, though the CSD came around to introduce herself. Still, she seemed rather abrupt and distant at the door when disembarking. The First cabin was full, so staff had a lot of work. They did smile, but forgot to serve me High Tea. When I reminded them, I was given no apology, but a lame excuse that someone said they had already served me, and did I want a cup of tea or High Tea? I was then given a part of what was listed on the menu and had to ask again for the cake. The toilets were not regularly maintained, and bits of toilet paper were on the floor. This is certainly not what BA's First Class was, and should not be on any flight. Having traveled Emirates First Class the week before, and on Cathay Pacific First Class 3 months ago, BA has much room for improvement. High Tea has now been cutback, with some tiny cheap cakes replacing scones, clotted cream and jam, to increase BA's profit margin by a few pennies per customer. I will continue to be loyal to BA for a couple of years, but may need to consider other options in the future if the overall product inconsistency and declining trend continues. Both flights were on time and baggage delivery was good. Both captains were excellent regarding the provision of information. My star rating here in this review is for BA 108, DXB-LHR in First.

British Airways Customer review :  22 March 2014 by Dayne Moir    (UK)

This is the first time I have flown with BA since 2007. I flew from London Heathrow to Shanghai onboard a Boeing 777 aircraft that was at least 20 years old because there was a cigarette ashtray in the Lavatory. I paid £500 extra to sit in premium economy which was a huge waste of money to say the least. You are paying for "extra legroom" however at your feet is a steel box that takes up about 8 inches of your foot space. There is one of these boxes under every seat, I believe it's for the entertainment system. The seats were uncomfortable, the person sitting next to me actually had a broken chair. I recall picking up the magazine on the return flight and it had the same rip on page 11 as on the flight over to Shanghai 6 days earlier. Another shocking incident happened when I walked all the way to the back of the plane for a cup of tea, the stewardess served me my tea and as I got back to my seat and had a drink of the tea, I realised it was stone cold. I told another stewardess about it and she replied "one at a time please". Next, the couple in front of me were sipping on a glass of bubbly, I asked the steward if it would be possible for me to get a glass of bubbly too - he replied, "sorry - I can't give you any as the couple in front are on a special occasion." On other major UK airlines you are offered bubbly before take off, you don't even have to ask. Finally, the food was terrible - on the return leg the two meal choices were Chinese chicken and rice or Italian pasta. This is the first time I have flown with a British airline and never had the choice of a British meal. Overall the flight experience was shocking. If you are unlucky enough to have no other choice than flying with British Airways, whatever you do - don't pay extra for their un-premium economy.

British Airways Customer review :  21 March 2014 by Tim Holgate    (UK)

Having heard some horror stories of BA I was very pleased with the comfort, service, food and entertainment on two long haul flights two weeks ago in premium economy. I would definitely fly with them again LHR-PEK and PVG-LHR.

British Airways Customer review :  21 March 2014 by Richard Hodges    (UK)

LHR - Rome FCO - LHR: Flew out 14 March and back 17 March. Check in queues non-existent, boarding and flights more or less on time. Decent snack type food for 2 hour flights, and frequent drinks when requested. Very cheery crews, especially the Captain on the return from Rome. BA has never been my favourite airline since they started charging fro pre-reserving seats, but for short flights I'll take them every time over alleged 'low cost' airlines. Fares inclusive of proper baggage allowance, food, drinks runs and no nasty surprise extras are much appreciated by this particular flyer.

British Airways Customer review :  21 March 2014 by Howard Salzberg    (USA)

Traveled with family from JFK to LHR in business class. Aircraft layout is ridiculous. The seating is awkward and uncomfortable. There is nowhere to store anything. The arrangement is such that people are both forward and backwards and you feel like you are tripping over people. The partition walls make it hard for center people to get served. I used BA because I was connecting to a BA flight in T5 so it made sense due to connection timing. Delta, Virgin and a United offer a far superior business class service. I had to ask for a landing card. We were not offered fast track cards, the service was spotting and the food was disgusting. I flew BAs first class service on the same aircraft a month earlier and it was fantastic, but for business class it is totally embarrassing. Avoid BA business class if you can.

British Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Michael Sewell    (UK)

I flew British Airways from Heathrow to Abuja, and have to say I was not overly impressed on this occasion. The seat was uncomfortable, and in-flight entertainment was just awful - I could barely see the screen. Food was fine and leg room was OK, but the in-flight service went on far too long and barely left any time to sleep. Staff were robotic and going through the motions. The plane had definitely seen better days. A pity as my last flight with BA was very good indeed.

British Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Alan Wan    (UK)

LGW to Jersey. Very short flight on an ex-bmi A319. The leg room was tight compared to other BA aircraft, it was fine for a 50 minute flight but wouldn't like to do it for anything longer. The FA managed a drinks run, amazing considering we were up in the air for less than 40 minutes.

British Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by G Thomas    (UK)

BA105, LHR-DXB, 6th Mar. BA108, DXB-LHR, 13th March. British Airways first class I am afraid is in decline and we will be trying Emirates next time after many loyal years.

British Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by N Bailey    (UK)

London Gatwick to Bridgetown Barbados return in March. Ran out of food on the way out and surly staff denied there was any spare food left in Club World or First Class. Don't carry dark rum on the flight back from Barbados. Refuse to sell a bottle of champagne in economy section. Gave vegan meals when vegetarian meals were requested - totally different things. Worth paying the extra for Virgin next time. Good selection of films but the headphones were useless and had to be held on by hand to be able to hear the sound. One of the toilets was out of order, but the sign was so tiny that the poor people kept queuing until the other passengers told them - surely someone could have written a proper sign? The adverts for club and first class are oh so wonderful, but the way BA treat the "normal" people is a disgrace.

British Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Juergen Scheunemann    (Germany)

My flight was scheduled for 23.20 from IAD to LHR first class, then, before security, looked at boarding pass, where suddenly time was changed to 22.20 pm! Given the third-world standard of US airports (makeshift security control points etc., no priority lane), I was running to the gate where they - extremely relaxed - informed me that the computer and printing system was not aware of the US daylight saving time, which started a week ago.

British Airways Customer review :  12 March 2014 by Biskinis Nick    (UK)

LHR-ATH. BA was offering an excellent value return fare in Economy: though having experienced Club Europe last year on a Hannover-Heathrow flight I was very tempted to upgrade. Both flights to/from Athens were wide-bodied Boeing 767s that had been refurbished and looked smart even though they were 24 years old. Excellent, friendly cabin service with several rounds of drinks offered and good food. Both flights were ahead of schedule. Inflight entertainment system didn't work on the way back, but it's only a three your flight. Encouragingly, even though I traveled out of season the 767s were full in Economy and Club Europe, suggesting that the Heathrow-Athens demand is very high. The return leg was an early arrival, but subject to the usual stacking over Biggin Hill waiting to land. Given the large numbers using this flight and slot restrictions at Heathrow, perhaps BA could start operating a cascaded 747 in future?

British Airways Customer review :  11 March 2014 by Ian Waddell    (UK)

Gatwick to St Lucia return. Outward (day flight) in WTP - very good indeed, had front row with extra leg room and bassinet table down for masses of space. Crew helpful and friendly and food excellent. Rather ageing 777-200, but everything seemed to work. Return overnight in Club. Dinner fine, but after lights out one excessively noisy passenger (obliviously laughing out loud at a film) kept people awake until politely silenced by crew member. Breakfast in Club these days is not like it used to be. The fresh fruit and juice is good, but the bacon roll, which is offered as an apparent afterthought, is a bit of an insult.

British Airways Customer review :  10 March 2014 by J C Dand    (Turkey)

LHR to JFK return. We were a bit apprehensive about the Club Class cabin layout but really didn't feel crowded or uncomfortable at all. Great, friendly and efficient crews both ways, food and entertainment very acceptable and we managed to get some sleep, too. Rather restored my faith in the BA Club package as most of our experience is with the cramped seats and poor food and wine on BA's Club Europe.

British Airways Customer review :  10 March 2014 by G James    (UK)

TXL-LHR-MAN. TXL-LHR flight on time boarding was terrible had priority board but ended up boarding after everyone else. Aircraft was clean and plenty of room the cabin crew pleasant and attentive (compared to outward flight). The inflight meal was nice and was given plenty of options of drinks and offered more than one. This was a much better flight. LHR-MAN just about made this flight due to the security at terminal 5. Boarding was quick and the cabin crew pleasant and attentive. All in all a very good flight back compared to outward flight.

British Airways Customer review :  10 March 2014 by G James    (UK)

MAN-LHR-TXL. MAN-LHR flight on time and boarded efficiently. Aircraft was clean and pleasant, the crew attentive and pleasant, the toasted snack given was nice all in all a good flight. LHR-TXL flight on time and boarded was a bit chaotic. Aircraft was a bit shabby seat comfortable though. The crew were pretty miserable, just a bog standard morning. There was no choice in meal and was only given one drink. When I asked for another was told it is a busy flight you'll have to wait, not what I expected from BA. BA Club Europe is not a scratch on Lufthansa and SWISS.

British Airways Customer review :  10 March 2014 by S Redfern    (UK)

Flew LHR-GRU return. Both flights departed and arrived on time. T5 lounge is possibly the best in Europe. Outward flight service was ok apart from one female flight attendant that forgot to bring me a glass of vine then a bottle of water. I had to go to the kitchen to collect them both times. Return flight on the upper deck. Service was amazing. The plane on both legs was an old 747 that had it's better days.

British Airways Customer review :  7 March 2014 by Driscoll Peter    (UK)

Flew to Arrecife on Sunday 2nd March. Arrived in good time at Gatwick and was disappointed that there appeared to be a 1.5 hour delay. Eventually boarded and waited for an explanation and apology. The captain did say something but it was inaudible. The cabin crew were fine and the catering was ok. Booked extra leg room but wasn't able to book it on way back so I'm not really looking forward to 4 hours with my knees under my chin!

British Airways Customer review :  7 March 2014 by Omid Golahmadi    (UK)

I went from London Heathrow (LHR)-Tokyo Handea (HND) and back on a Boeing 777-200er. Inflight entertainment was excellent. The two meals were very tasty. They also had a snack basket with noodles in a pot, shortbread, sweets etc at the rear of the plane.

British Airways Customer review :  6 March 2014 by Andrew Ford    (UK)

Not bad all in all however, we are a family of 4, all adults with a baggage limit 92 kilos, carried two cases one with twenty kilos and the other with 30 kilos which makes fifty kilos which was 42 kilos under our allowance, however we were made to pay a further £40 for the seven kilos over in the one case. We asked if this was a health and safety issue but was told it was company policy that cases that exceed 23 kilos will be charged. Weight is the same whether we spread it between two cases or four, surely we saved them space, so be warned! When we arrived in Mumbai and transferred to a low cost Indian carrier with a lower allowance it was fine?

British Airways Customer review :  6 March 2014 by K Straker    (Australia)

We flew to Hong Kong with Cathay, sadly, HK brought a change of airline to BA and from there it was all downhill. Old, tired and grungy plane, poor quality inflight entertainment. The seats can hardly be described without bringing on memories of aching backs and exceptional difficulty getting in to or out of the seats. I'm quite short and even I found the lack of leg room most uncomfortable. My husband, at 6ft was literally squashed into his seat for the duration. The absence of footrests didn't help the situation and as for the inflight amenities? A tiny toothbrush, some kind of wet wipe style towel and that was it. Earphones supplied were of pathetic quality. The blanket was old, washed out and smelt not quite clean. We had ordered special meals - and they were certainly special - awful. The attendant apologised and offered to try and find another option. The cabin crew were all pleasant, as helpful as possible given the loading of the plane, and two said they were embarrassed at the aged plane/conditions that had been selected for this longer haul flight. BA let me down in terms of what was promised and what actually eventuated. BA was once the gold standard for other airlines but as with Qantas those days are long gone - sadly neither airline has got that message yet.

British Airways Customer review :  6 March 2014 by N Peters    (UK)

LHR - Mexico City, (747). The new BA First isn't quite what it's hyped-up to be. The seats certainly aren't 'suites' as they are promoted, in fact they're a bit pokey. The cabin is OK. Food was excellent, although breakfast was over-cooked. Staff also very good. But I'll happily do business class with BA from now on. The One-World lounge in Mexico City is horrible in terms of food, horrible/dated decor, Wifi down.

British Airways Customer review :  5 March 2014 by Francis Jon    (UK)

Flew from Singapore to Sydney business class, 11th Feb on a Boeing 777. The lounge was excellent with a good range of food and drinks. The flight attendants were very helpful. Great food and excellent entertainment on offer with the latest releases. Good headsets.

British Airways Customer review :  5 March 2014 by Richard Gordon    (UK)

MAD-LHR, Club Europe. 767. Very good flight. Crew attentive and on the ball. Had ordered special meal, but they offered me either of the main courses, should I want them. Great bar service. Enjoyed this short 2hr flight and would definitely book again.

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2014 by D McKenzie    (New Zealand)

Flew between VFA and JNB, 17 Feb 2014 (BA-Comair operated). As we boarded we were greeted by a male attendant in a friendly manner, but got stay out of my space type response. Downhill from then on - I am English speaking but apart from an odd word here and there did not understand what was said in public announcements or directed at me by cabin crew for entire duration of flight. An aggressive female pushing a trolley yelled a choice of refreshments to me which I failed to understand so pointed at one of the horrible morsels being offered which turned out to be a turkey roll (I think). I would not recommend.

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2014 by Tara Draper-Stumm    (UK)

Got BA economy flights round trip to Miami from Heathrow as part of a package cruise deal. We usually fly with Virgin Atlantic (economy or premium) and found BA was mediocre at best. Seats cramped, plane looked a bit shabby like it hadn't had a refurb in quite a while. TV system did not work well, and broke for a time on both flights (and needed to be re-set across teh plane, meaning no one could watch anything for up to 30 min). Only 2 choices for dinner, no dinner menu (Virgin always give a menu and 3 choices), and only one drinks service. No snacks, although juices were offered. Breakfast croissant or sandwich given as 2nd meal. I felt like cattle, while on Virgin, even if I am in the cheapest seat I get much better treatment and service.

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

HKG-LHR, Premium Economy on BAs A380. I used the same flight between LHR and LAX so my 2nd time in PE, check in quick and polite with no queue, I was able to use the lounge through my FF status, it's the Qantas lounge which was OK and offered showers, nice seating and plenty of food although it's a long way from the gate. Boarding very quick and it was a full flight, I like the seat on this aircraft 67A which I used before there is lots of space recline is ok. Food was ok and the crew while ok not that visible throughout the flight. I feel it's worth the extra I've done the 380 now, I think all the upgraded aircraft are pretty good.

British Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Barry Jones    (UK)

LHR to LAX, 15 Jan on new Airbus 380. Could not log on to BA website to book seats so had to sit apart. Unable to book baggage through to Mexico, we told that BA did not have that arrangement with Alaskan Airways though for the return trip Alaskan did it with no problem! Ran out of alternate food choice we were at row 40 and plane only 75% full. Toilets filthy, staff very unhelpful! And as for the new A380 if you need to get out of your seat and the seat in front is in reclined position the fact that the arm rest only goes back to 75 degrees makes access an egress very difficult, I hate to think what it would be like in an emergency! It's back to Virgin Atlantic for us from now on.

British Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by C King    (USA)

Flew from Boston to Rome via LHR on British Air Premium Economy (Club World Plus). The transatlantic portion was a B747 and the shorter leg was an A321. The transatlantic flight was very good, with a separate section for the premium economy. We boarded early, received good service from the flight crew, the extra several inches made the flight more pleasant. The food was decent (dinner and a snack later in the flight). I spoke to BA on the phone to make arrangements a few days before the flight and received very good customer service. Although premium economy is definitely not business class, it was still a good value.

British Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by A Ucfaaay    (UK)

I've used BA a number of time on long haul routes (eg LHR-ISB / LHR-DEL / LHR-DAR / DAR-LHR / PEK-LHR / LHR-NRT) and a couple of short haul routes (eg LHR-VIE / WAW-LHR). In that time I've always received excellent inflight service, good food and friendly cabin staff. I can only recall having had two delayed flight with BA. I'm always happy to use them again.

British Airways Customer review :  28 February 2014 by M Heath    (UK)

My husband and I flew to St.Lucia in Club World class a few days ago. Although regularly fly to NZ we had not used BA for many years due to their poor handling of our last trip with them in 2000. The Terraces lounge at Gatwick was big and well appointed but the choice of hot food was poor. Porridge or baked beans! The toilets and shower rooms looked ok but were shared, I think with the first class lounge so I felt that was a little unfair on the First class travellers. How can I describe the lay out? It certainly has not been devised with the best interest of the traveller or that of the crew in mind but probably to try and squeeze more people in the same space. The amenity kit is an insult with no earplugs or eye mask. Fortunately, I had read about this and brought my own. We had to beg for water bottles. My husband's TV screen on the way out did not stay open and he had to wedge it with some cardboard. The choice of films and especially TV programs was very poor indeed and again a far cry from what the other airlines offer. Going out my husband sat by the window facing backwards and I sat in the aisle. It felt like he had been put in a box. On our return flight, we sat together, in a box facing backwards. There was a child in the aisle on my husband's side and a gentleman in the aisle on my side. There was no way of avoiding eye contact as we were so close. The crew had to pass our drinks, food etc. over the head of the people in the aisle on either side of us including hot drinks over the child's head. My husband was forgotten many time and was offered breakfast just as we were due to start landing. The quality of dinner was ok, drinks ok, breakfast was a joke with the lady cabin crew rattling off as fast as she could what my options were. I had to make her repeat herself, but basically I had a choice of juice or yoghurt or fruit, a stale pastry and a cup or tea or coffee. No hot dish at all, there was mention of a bacon roll which did not materialise. Compared to the breakfasts offered by the airlines mentioned above, it was very poor and small. Bearing in mind this was a trial to decide whether to start using BA again for our regular NZ trips, after a 14 years gap, there is absolutely no way we will entertain this any further.

British Airways Customer review :  28 February 2014 by J Vancurova    (UK)

Sydney-Singapore, Singapore-London. Seats very narrow, food was awful. I am not a fussy eater but I could not eat that. My husband didn't even get a choice of starter, it was put in front of him. The worst of all was the crew. I have never experience such unprofessional behaviour. One male attendant called me "love" at one point which I found unacceptable. You could see that they did not want to be there and did not enjoy their job. BA business class is ridiculously overpriced and when you get such a bad service, it really doesn't help. We contacted BA afterwards by email and post so they can improve their customer service however we did not get any reply.

British Airways Customer review :  28 February 2014 by R DeFrutos    (USA)

LHR to Boston, late departure and late arrival. Plane lavatories not very clean at the time of boarding. Poor service in general. Food terrible. FA's not very attentive. I was expecting a better service from BA.

British Airways Customer review :  27 February 2014 by D Citoyen    (USA)

I flew from Milan Malpensa to Phoenix with my ticket originally issued by British Airways. They booked me for 3 last minute flights, they had a great co-operation with JetBlue airlines, plus sending my untagged baggage all the way from Milan to Phoenix. Very satisfied.

British Airways Customer review :  26 February 2014 by G Young    (UK)

Oct 25-30th. BA265 BA216. Flew NCL-LHR-IAD. Going out was an older style 777 but still in good condition. FA's were great as he was trying to get us a glass of bubbly at 3pm our time. My 2 son's had the 2 seats behind us which they loved and they called FA's frequently for drinks/snacks. The return leg was a new 777 which had an excellent AVOD system with a great choice of films. I've flown several times with BA and I am always impressed.

British Airways Customer review :  26 February 2014 by G Bennett    (UK)

Belfast City - London Heathrow - Mexico City. Out 16th Feb, return 21st Feb. Excellent service in Club World (business) both ways. Cabin Crew couldn't do enough to help. Seat was comfortable, food was of a high standard and there was a good selection of wine. Flights were all on time and boarding was very smooth. The only issue I would mention would be the lounge in Mexico City. It was a shared (Iberia + American Airlines) facility and there was not adequate seating available.

British Airways Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Thomas Taylor    (UK)

Newish plane. Pleasant service. Broken seat which could not recline for a 12 hour flight from Rio to Heathrow. BA charged a £50 booking fee for this. Use another airline if possible.

British Airways Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Ian Myles    (UK)

Returned to UK on overnight flight from BWI. A woman was sitting in my seat because she wanted to claim the entire row. This is a common situation on any airline but extremely annoying. A young child kept kicking the back of my seat for the entire duration. The person in front of me had extra legroom but had his seat fully reclined. He extended his arms and hands into my space in front of me. I have major issues with reclined seats, especially with extreme lack of space between seats on a long journey. The meal was appalling. The foil cover on my meal was partially open and the bread roll was as hard as a brick - totally inedible. On my outward flight the previous week I was not given a meal. The attendant walked straight past me. I am not usually a complainer but I felt the attention to service was less than it could have been. I am nearly 59 but some of the staff looked a lot older than me. Ageism is not acceptable in the workplace. However, how long can an older person maintain efficiency in this line of work? Hand baggage is another source of annoyance. Usually, after waiting for my turn to be called onto the aircraft, I can't stow my bag above my seat or any place nearby! I travelled business class on BA from the Middle East 18 months ago and service was excellent but after two recent transatlantic flights economy really is Cattle class. I may have to use this airline again by necessity, but I am absolutely dreading it.

British Airways Customer review :  25 February 2014 by J Badcock    (UK)

MRU-LGW, 19th Feb 2014. Terrible food, unhelpful staff, uncomfortable seat. Not value for money.

British Airways Customer review :  25 February 2014 by A Amaladoss    (UK)

LHR-NBO-LHR return in business class. Check-in was busy, and signage wasn't very clear if you needed to collect a boarding pass. Fast track through security was similarly slow, but it was the start of the half term school hols with lots of people going skiing! Used lounge at the B gates at Terminal 5 which was adequate. The cooked breakfast selection could have been more interesting. Boarding was straightforward and the cabin on this B777-200 was well maintained. Now given a choice of two champagnes, including a pink one. This was perfectly chilled and a delight. Refills were offered very generously. Lunch choices were good and presented well. Given a lot of information about arrivals in Nairobi, following the fire last year. Disembarked into coaches which didn't really have space for bags. Return flight was good too. There is no lounge at Nairobi, but tables were set up in a corner of the boarding gate with a good range of canapés and alcoholic beverages. Flight was slightly delayed by a cargo issue, but we got into Heathrow about 20 mins late. Given cards to access the arrivals lounge but did not do so. Both sets of FAs were friendly and engaging, and helpful, and a credit to BA.

British Airways Customer review :  25 February 2014 by K Chandru    (USA)

Bangalore to Washington DC, Flight BA217, BA293. The connecting flight was delayed 2 hours upon which at the London airport the landing was delayed 30 minutes, which completely ruled out the possibility of catching our flight. Since this happens due to weather conditions, it was acceptable. The most disappointing part was that they took almost 6 hours to rebook a flight. This was the worst experience in my travel, moving forward I will keep British airways as my last option for flying and will never choose them if they have given a layover time of 2 hours.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Paul Clifford    (UK)

LHR to Madrid. Flight was cancelled due to bad weather but able to book another online after receiving email. Gate staff were rude and ridiculously pedantic towards all passengers. Once on board flight was ok but it was late leaving because of the length time taken to board.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Andrew Wilkes    (UK)

LHR to MXP return LIN to LHR both Club Europe. Outward flight delayed by missing tug at remote stand and rather irritated to discover that priority bags came off last at Malpensa. On board service at breakfast good and pursar did his job very well. Galleries South at LHR good. Return from Linate ran early, which is impressive on a Friday evening. Lounge at Linate comfortable but food choice poor. On board catering and service excellent and enjoyed my champagne on a Friday evening. All in all very happy on return trip.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Clive V Drake    (UK)

Hong Kong - LHR. This was our homeward bound flight after a three weeks tour of the Far East. As with the outbound flight it was on a brand new A380. I discovered that every last seat on the entire plane was a sell out. We used the Cathay Pacific 1st Class lounge for dinner as the alternative was to eat about 1.00 am from the take off at 11.45pm. The food was fine but the ambience resembled a wine bar that had tried to be cool and minimalistic - but failed miserably. It was black marble and white plastic in the dining area. Horrible. I do find it astonishing how badly the new 1st Class seat is designed. It is more apparent when you spend 10 hours from the 13 hours flight time - lying on your back. (or sides). Compared with Emirates 1st class - you realty have very little space at all. I was often cold. The bathroom area up front was absolutely freezing. The TV screen is small and misplaced. The duvets seem thinner than last year and the so called amenities bag is now cheap and nasty. (In December on a JFK flight they were fine). I can only assume accountants designed this seat rather than a luxury "furniture" brand. I really was not very comfortable on the hard flat bed seat. I am 6 4"tall and of average build. When the seat is reclined to bed mode, you almost have to be a gymnast to ease yourself out from the seat - say when you want to use the bathroom. BA fall woefully short here and even the senior FA admitted they had many negative comments from frequent flyers on the seat design. I guess we are stuck with it now - but I would never pay the full on price and would always look for the "sales" to buy this product - or buy elsewhere. We arrived bang on time and went straight in without being stacked. Breakfast was fine. FA were very good (as they mostly always seem to be).

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by C McGaw    (UK)

We've just returned from a short trip to Alicante in the Euro Traveller Cabin. The service from the cabin crew was excellent and professional both ways, and we ware served an appropriate snack / drink suited to the time of day. Easy bag drop at LGW and ALC, and online check in 24 hours prior was gratefully appreciated. British Airways do offer a superior service on the Alicante route and and it will be a shame the Heathrow / Alicante service will be withdrawn shortly.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by J Badcock    (UK)

LGW-MRU. Comfortable flat bed seats. Plane very crowded so staff a bit overworked but still helpful and attentive. Entertainment system failed and despite efforts by staff unable to fix. Because the plane was full and many passengers were upgraded unable to move seats. No fun travelling 12 hours with no entertainment.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by E Trathan    (USA)

As an Englishman married to an American I frequently fly transatlantic. My recent trip with BA was very disappointing. SFO to LHR was given seats at the back which didnt recline despite my asking check in desk lady if this would be the case and being told seats fully reclined. On return flight was fully booked and we waited by check in for two hours to get on a flight we booked 3 months before. Then had to rush to catch plane. Entertainment units old and very bad screens. Hostesses nice but airport staff/management very poor. Compared to Virgins newer planes this trip was a joke.

British Airways Customer review :  20 February 2014 by R Garrison    (UK)

LHR-MIA-LHR. It is such a shame that this once great airline is now nothing more than cattle trucks. Flew out premium economy on 777 incredibly uncomfortable seat. Much narrower than the equivalent on Virgin Atlantic. Tiny entertainment screen, very poor quality food. Cannot believe you can't even get air from a vent in over head panel. Incredible hot, asked about aircon told they had no control over cabin temp. Return trip was unfortunately no better. Club world cabin on return was just terrible. Not even slightly close to the level of service or comfort that you get from Virgin Atlantic. Again no air vent in overhead panel. Entertainment system broken despite several resets. Food choice absolutely awful. Tiny portions. Tasteless. Then as for breakfast a small fruit salad and a what I can only describe as a bite sized bacon roll and nothing else. Come on BA you were once what other airlines aspired to you were at the top of the game. Now quite frankly I have had better service on budget airlines.

British Airways Customer review :  20 February 2014 by R Brown    (UK)

LHR - Toronto rtn economy, upgraded to premium on both flights. With this being the case and as someone who regularly uses Virgin premium economy and upper I'll take the opportunity to make a few comparisons as I go. First impressions very good, brand new 787 Dreamliner complete with the newly designed prem economy product. In terms of seat space and recline exactly the same as Virgin with a much more minimalist and sleek design. Entertainment, very good with a large touch screen TV which was fab. Service very friendly and 'quintessentially British'! Return on newly re-furbished 777 again exactly the same interior cabin experience on the night flight return into LHR. This brings me onto the negatives however and the first thing that comes to mind is the difference between how prem econ customers are treated on BA vs Virgin. On Virgin you're allocated a separate check-in desk, priority boarding with business class passengers and even a glass of bubbly on arrival to the cabin, all of these luxuries are sadly missing on BA. On the return prem econ passengers were actually the last to board given BA's boarding priority of; first, business then finally economy from the back - due to the fact that prem econ is at the front of economy you're essentially the last to get on. Again, not game changing but its just the little things that count. Will be using BA prem econ again in a couple of weeks and very much looking forward to it as its a solid product on the whole - vs Virgin though I think in terms of value for money you'd have to go with VS.

British Airways Customer review :  20 February 2014 by C Craig    (UK)

BA025, LHRH-HKG on the A380, my first time in business on BA's A380 and I must say for business class I can't remember any better flight I've used many airlines in business and this was as good if not better than anything previously. Check in at T5 and galleries lounge both very good as ever, boarding very organised. Seat 53a pre take off drinks offered and departure around 15 min late but that was caught up during the flight, I've always liked BA's club seats slightly upgraded on the new aircraft with larger TV and lots of storage space, the flight crew were very good as was all the food dinner and a very good breakfast an hour before arrival. Immigration very quick and the bags were recovered at the belt, in central HK one hour after arrival.

British Airways Customer review :  19 February 2014 by C Harper    (UK)

3 of us travelled LHR to NAI and return in premium economy out on the 24th Jan and return on 8th Feb, No problems. Good leg room. Personally I find Virgin Atlantic's premium economy seats suit my 6'2", 21 stone , 70+ year old frame better, both daughter and wife agreed. I disliked the breakfast roll etc, other two liked it. Crew OK. Summary is if Virgin fly the route will use them as first choice only because of seat comfort if not it will be BA.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2014 by Ian Lancaster    (UK)

BA178, JFK to LHR, Feb 16th. I'm one of those who gets on the plane, gets off at the destination airport and doesn't bother writing a review. But as I'd had an absolutely appalling experience on my AA flight to connect with my BA flight, for once I'm going to say how good BA is. Nothing special or exceptional: just a decent crew doing a decent job serving decent (for airline) food, with good PA announcements, on an on-time flight on one of BA's rather jaded 747-400s. You got the feeling that all the professionals on board cared about their customers having a good experience, where the AA FAs gave the impression that they really couldn't give a damn for customers. What a contrast!

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2014 by D Langley    (UK)

LHR-ORD. Club Galleries North was really busy with few seats available, moved to South which was a little quieter. Departure from C gates which means a train ride. Seat 11a nice and private, food OK but nothing special, service efficient but not overly friendly. Arrived on time and bags out quickly.

British Airways Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Matthew Scott    (UK)

Just completed LHR-BKK return. 777-200 were very tired, looked like they had had no money spent on them since their launch. The inflight entertainment was poor compared to newer planes, and kept going wrong. The seats were comfortable, and the plane clean, just needed a refit. The only reason I fly BA is because their crew are all experienced, and offer great service. If only the planes met the same standards.

British Airways Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Ian Robinson    (UK)

LHR - LINATE - LHR. Easy and efficient check in at T5. Boarding was relaxed and the flight was managed by a very professional and personable cabin crew. The plane was an old airbus 320 but was in reasonable condition. We landed in a very heavy rain storm and had to park away from the terminal with the inevitable result that we got wet getting off the plan and on to the bus. This was obviously no fault of BA's but rather irritating non the less. The return flight was just as good and Linate was just as bad. For a major airport it is probably one of the worst in the world. Overall though, both flights were excellent.

British Airways Customer review :  17 February 2014 by C Roberts    (UK)

OTP to LHR in Economy. Boarded late because of weather-related delays in London, and pushed back late as well. The captain, however, did a very good job keeping us informed, and the staff went the extra mile to make the delay and the trip as comfortable as possible. Excellent landing in strong winds. The crew didn't have a great situation to work with, and did their professional best to make things work - I was very impressed.

British Airways Customer review :  17 February 2014 by M Studzinski    (Poland)

LHR-Moscow DME. Surprisingly, such a short flight is being operated by B747! Great fun for enthusiasts, but First and Business Class was empty. Flight on time, airplane quite old, torn seats, old fashioned toilets, tiny TV screens at the back of the seat. "Long-haul" kind of service, with large food tray, with two hot options to choose from, drinks cart, then extra drinks from the trays. Crew ok, but not overly friendly, just did their job and disappeared. Pilots' announcements couldn't be heard. Arrived 25 mins ahead of schedule, bags arrived quickly. Generally ok product, but nothing special.

British Airways Customer review :  17 February 2014 by H Kariyawasam    (UK)

LHR-Buenos Aires. Comfortable plane and on time flight. Crew all senior male except 1 female, bored, no eye contact at any stage, did a rushed job and that was it. No hello on boarding. No hot towels on a night flight at least when waking up, rushed drinks service with no nibbles, small portion of food with generic dull options, no menu so guess-work as to what we were eating, and IFE that is now well behind other carriers. All this from the national carrier for the UK. Given the monopoly of this route by BA for a direct flight they can charge what they like and offer little except transport from point to point. What a disappointment. BA needs to learn from Middle Eastern and Asian carriers on what we now expect as paying passengers.

British Airways Customer review :  14 February 2014 by Mark Hall    (UK)

Return MAN-GOT. This service is operated by SUN-AIR, a Danish BA franchise. One flight/day MAN-GOT on a 33 seater Dronier 328 jet. I love the small aircraft, it feels more personal and cosy. Both flights on time with a friendly FA and captain. Luggage, no problems at all, at both ends very quick to the belt. OK, the head room on a small plane is never going to change, though leg room ample (I'm 5'11) and over head bins took my carry-on rucksack with ease. The service on this flight is great, pre-meal drinks followed by a cold meal (tasty I thought) with cheese and crackers and coffee/wine/juice and rounded off with ice-cream and a cognac or baileys to accompany. A perfect 1hr 40 mins in the air to visit family. Lets see how long the direct service lasts - both flights 2/3 empty. Price? a little more than average I'd say.

British Airways Customer review :  13 February 2014 by Tony Brown    (UK)

London - Newark on the new 787 in economy. Overall I wasn't that impressed. The lighting isn't as subtle as on the A380. The inflight entertainment is a bit limited and BA has installed a fairly small screen compared to other airlines such as Qatar and Emirates. Plus the control box takes up so much of the foot space it become quite uncomfortable. No hot towels served. Food was really quite mediocre and wasn't very well presented. Staff were their usual BA top-quality but that only makes up for some of the disappointment in the overall service. Come on BA - don't give up on economy just because you make your money at the front of the plane. Us passengers do have quite a lot of choice for decent economy options these days.

British Airways Customer review :  12 February 2014 by J Bibby    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Heathrow to Sao Paulo in World Traveller Plus. Very comfortable seat, good baggage allowance (2x23kilos), nice food and excellent service. Arrived in Brazil rested and refreshed.

British Airways Customer review :  12 February 2014 by T Sezen    (USA)

In February 2014 me and my wife flew from San Francisco to Istanbul via London. Unfortunately once a fine airline company has declined so much that I know consider them certainly one of the worst airlines. On 10 hour flight from San Francisco to London the cabin was unbearably hot. We were dehydrated and during the flight only one cup of water was offered. Flight attendants were hiding nowhere to be seen during the whole flight accept when they offered meals. The dinner consisted of pasta which was awful. All employees were rude. I am an executive club member and enjoyed my experience in the past but since their merger with American Airlines they are no longer the same airline.

British Airways Customer review :  12 February 2014 by M Sinko    (Australia)

LHR-MAD, 9 Feb 14, Business Class, A320. The aircraft was very old and tatty. The leather seats were worn and cracked and there seemed to be a general film of grime on every surface of the plane. No inflight entertainment whatsoever. It seems that BA Business Class is that in name only. The seats are just normal economy class seats, including the seat pitch which seemed to be about 30 inches. They call it Business Class by virtue of it being at the front of the plane and by ensuring that the middle seat is free. You pay for Business Class and get economy seating, leg cramps and the seat in front of you reclining into your face. The only upside was that the service was fine and the meal (breakfast, bacon, eggs, sausage etc) was pretty good.

British Airways Customer review :  10 February 2014 by R Brooks    (UK)

Flew from Cancun to Gatwick last week in Club World on a B777 ER. My wife and I sat in seats 2a and b. The seats were reasonably comfortable in a sitting position, but for sleeping the were awful, unless you can sleep on your back. You have no chance of sleeping on your side as there is no extra width to turn over. The blankets are thin and tatty, and the pillows like wafer biscuits. You get a little comfort bag with socks, lip balm, toothbrush etc. Unbelievably, you don't get eye patches or ear plugs for the overnight flight. You have to ask for them! The crew spend all of the 9 hr flight rushing back and for the galley getting all the food out as quick as possible. The dinner menu started 90 mins into flight, we had the fillet steak which was just ok. Breakfast came 5 hrs later, which was fruit juice, yoghurt, danish and a bacon roll. Compared to Cathay Pacific business class, this was far behind. Would I spend my hard earned cash with BA again in club world, I doubt it very much which is a shame.

British Airways Customer review :  10 February 2014 by M Jacques    (UK)

First long-haul flight with BA for a long time and pleasantly surprised. The only negative was the poor quality of the food ex Hong Kong. Travelled on one of the new A380s from HKG to LHR and must say what a very good aircraft this is, so much quieter than the 747 or 777. Cabin crews on all legs were attentive and friendly, and information from the flight deck professional and informative. A vast improvement from my last experience.

British Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by John Brooksbank    (UK)

Travelled from Heathrow to Las Vegas return. The seats mid aisle should be avoided if you don't want to perform acrobatics jumping over fellow travellers when going to the toilets. If you're 6 feet tall you will struggle to find comfort in the seat bed position. The entertainment screen is small with a very limited choice. The screen itself had to be wedged open with cardboard on the return flight. Like me, if your seat is to the rear of the cabin you probably won't get your choice of meal which, if you choose a side salad, is no bad thing. Very disappointing flight but the cabin crew were very good. I'll choose another airline in future.

British Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by J Gallagher    (UK)

From Boston to Heathrow on 777 with new interior. Severe snow storm delayed flight almost four hours and praise to the captain for getting out of that. served hot breakfast or by then brunch but before landing instead of at least a sandwich after such a long time on board the crew felt ashamed to only offer a packed of nuts or a sugary cake for lunch. Not good.

British Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by J Aberg    (Sweden)

CPH-LHR-CPT and back, and this was hopefully my last long-haul trip on BA for quite some time. There was a time when flying BA was a treat, even in economy, but now it is mostly an ordeal. I believe that you can only cut costs until a certain point where it becomes really painful, but BA is way past that mark. I have been a Gold or Silver member of the Executive Club for more than 15 years, so I believe that I have a reasonably good benchmark for comparison. This particular trip was so uninspiring and lack-lustre that I am prepared to pay a premium and go with Lufthansa or another solid carrier for my next trip to South Africa. On a positive note, the fare offered was very competitive, but the value for money just was not there. The planes look worn and shabby, at least on the inside. I am usually very pleased with the short-haul planes (Airbus) that BA is using for the CPH-LHR leg, but they both looked very old and tired. The Boeing 747s are really showing their age, and you can always assume that either the IFE and/or reading lights are out of function, and this time was no exception. The food that is advertised as a three-course gourmet dinner on the BA web-site, is not something that I would even consider serving my worst enemies! There are still some crew that are excited about their jobs, but they are very few. The transfer process and security at Heathrow are both so dysfunctional that even some other large hubs like Paris-CDG and Frankfurt feel really attractive in comparison. All in all, I would not recommend BA or LHR Terminal 5 to anybody, given their current states.

British Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by M Feakes    (Australia)

Flew economy Chengdu CTU to London LHR in January as part of a long trek from China to Argentina and was pleased with this first leg. The flight was about 11 hours and was uneventful, passing over some terrific scenery and also affording good views coming into London. The crew were friendly and helpful, and the food fine (better than on the Iberia flight MAD-EZE). Was quite a full flight but the seat was comfortable and spacious enough, though the IFE could be better. Was a perfectly fine, comfortable flight, will be happy to fly on the return leg with BA next month.

British Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by M Steele    (Australia)

On a recent flight to the UK from AUS I felt mostly comfortable, however the very cramped Economy Seating was painful. There is nothing worse than being in stuck in a narrow seat and uncomfortable chair for 15hrs on a long flight. I'd also like to add that the Video Screens are of an awful quality, blurry and very slow in their operations. Once again a frustrating and only form of entertainment that can crash and freeze up when using it. The movie choice were plenty and quite good I thought, nut no reason why there still couldn't of been double the choices. Interruptions to movies were frequent on landing approaches, this really is annoying and a video or audio overlay would be far better then a blanket cut-off several times. Staff were very nice and I commend BA on them.

British Airways Customer review :  5 February 2014 by Anne Conroy    (UK)

I flew to Kingston, Jamaica with BA. It was a 9 hour flight. Premium economy seats were adequate (I am 5'8 and 11 stone). We were fed about an hour after takeoff, with a light meal, then given nothing for the next 6 + hours - think we were given one fruit juice. Then given "afternoon tea", a self-assembly stale-ish cream scone with jam, and tea or coffee. BA have got very tight with their catering. Breakfast" was a muffin and a fruit yoghurt, sugar and more sugar.

British Airways Customer review :  5 February 2014 by I Lafferty    (UK)

LGW-GLA-LGW. Security at Gatwick was very busy, but was airside within 10 minutes. Flight to GLA was on an A319, the aircraft was in good condition, with good legroom and comfortable seats. As it was the first flight of the day a hot breakfast was served which was fine, the cabin crew were friendly and we arrived early into GLA. The return a couple of days later, was on a B737, much older aircraft, not as comfortable as the Airbus, drinks and snacks were served, cabin crew once again were very good and arrived early into LGW.

British Airways Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Amy Perry    (UK)

LHR-JFK, B747. EWR-LHR, B777. On our outbound flight to New York we flew on an ageing 747, we sat towards the back of the aircraft and we found the flight quite a pleasant experience. The onboard service was brilliant in my opinion, I had heard bad things before we flew with BA but I couldn't fault them. Meal service on the 747 wasn't as nice as our meal on the way back, however it was still edible and better than other airlines. Cabin crew outbound were brilliant, helped us out in the cabin when we needed somewhere to put our luggage. Inbound to LHR was brilliant, we had seating issues at the gate due to an aircraft change last minute but because of that we were upgraded to Premium Economy, or WTP and I have to say I've not experienced a better flight than our inbound flight to LHR which was through the night. Onboard manager kept the PAs to minimum unlike other airlines who constantly want to sell you things. WTP was absolutely lovely, food was gorgeous, seat s were incredibly comfortable and the cabin crew were outstanding, so professional everything was uniform. I would recommend BA and we are currently looking to go back to NY flying BA only!

British Airways Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Clive V Drake    (UK)

LHR-Hong Kong - on the all new A380. The plane is only 3 months old and it was nice to fly one of BA's new planes. In my view this was an opportunity to kit out a newer 1st Class and I was very under-whelmed by the product, compared with say Emirates which is a much better - mainly from a "space" perspective. I recently flew 1st on a BA 777-300ER and that seemed more spacious. I was comfortable enough to get a few hours good quality sleep - as the flight was smooth from beginning to end. The seat has an odd "island" design that houses the table - it seems to take up a huge amount of space that could easily make the seat wider if it was better designed. The "guest" seat is also badly designed and not worth sitting o for longer than it takes to slug back a Gin and Tonic. Don't BA - ever look at their competitors? Food was OK - nothing jaw dropping. FAs were terrific. Not worth the £ 7K return fare.

British Airways Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Richard Gordon    (UK)

Las Palmas - LHR. Club Europe. Much better return service. Better food and service was excellent. A320 is a bit of a small plane to fly 4h40m with 44 business class passengers and 2 crew to look after them I thought. Crew ran out of proper glasses and seemed to be rationing the champagne. The purser admitted to me that they'd had an 'eventful' flight on the way out, which I suspect meant that CE passengers drank the champagne bar almost dry.

British Airways Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Richard Gordon    (UK)

LHR-Las Palmas. Club Europe. Crew couldn't wait to serve the 'lunch' at 11am on this 3h50m flight and disappear behind the blue curtain. Despite there being 12 rows of business, it didn't feel much like service. No further drinks round. Not impressed. Couldn't wait to disembark. Felt like crew saw this longer European flight as an ordeal.

British Airways Customer review :  31 January 2014 by S Crocker    (UK)

Manchester-London-Rio in Club World. Manchester check in and lounge OK. The flight down to Heathrow was quick and comfortable for a short flight. The T5 South lounge at Heathrow was quite busy but had plenty of seats and a variety of food and snacks. We had seats 13A/13B on a 777-300 to Rio. Luckily for me 14B was empty so I did not have the problem of climbing over someone to get out. My wife in 13B however was kicked several times by the passenger in 12A. My backward facing seat took some getting used to but I have to say I was comfortable when both sitting and lying down. That said I have to echo other comments about the total lack of storage space. As we were travelling together we did not mind my food being passed over my wife, but I can see how irritating this would be for two strangers. The cabin crew were very friendly and attentive. The food was good in parts but not in others, my steak being dry and tasteless. The second meal was a strange revisiting of the first menu, instead of a totally different menu which is cost cutting in the extreme. Overall we enjoyed the flight, but given the prices they charge BA are now falling behind other airlines in terms of seating and catering and need to up their act.

British Airways Customer review :  31 January 2014 by F Odds    (UK)

I flew (economy) in late December from Heathrow to Auckland. The new A380 offered comfortable seats with reasonable legroom. Food was only average, but the cabin staff were friendly and welcoming, and cheerfully provided a round of aperitifs before dinner, with top-ups of tea and coffee offered spontaneously afterwards. My main reason for not rating high satisfaction for the trip comes from the final leg of the flight a Cathay Pacific codeshare from Hong Kong to Auckland. Quite apart from the usual irritation about codeshares (if I choose to fly with BA I don't expect to be decanted to another airline for part of the trip), this particular flight was especially blighted. The wretched "One World Alliance" has never worked for me, and this time I could not even be supplied in Heathrow with a boarding pass for the Hong Kong to Auckland stage of the trip. The experience of transferring to Cathay in Hong Kong in just 40 minutes to include picking up a boarding pass is not one I wish to repeat. There were 42 passengers in the same boat, so ultimately the connecting flight had to accept a half-hour delay. But the sheer inefficiency of this supposedly smooth "Alliance" requires some very serious attention by those who operate it. Please can the Alliance members agree similar standards for their flights (food provision, cabin baggage weight limits, etc.) and please can they get their computers to work 24/7?

British Airways Customer review :  30 January 2014 by Jake Smith    (UK)

London Heathrow T5 to Baltimore. Following on from my recent poor experience using the United Boeing 757 service from Manchester (see report of 31 December) it was a joy to get back onto British Airways. Boeing 767, configured 2-3-2, ideal for a couple travelling together. BA are still the best across the Atlantic. Food good, free drinks and no problems getting refills. Entertainment choice excellent, even if the personal TV screen is a bit old. Immigration at Baltimore ok - I don't think they get many overseas flights so its relatively easier than big airports.

British Airways Customer review :  30 January 2014 by Jennifer Bentley    (UK)

Travelled SIN-SYD on a codeshare so this sector was BA on a 777. Rear facing seat was ok but it is odd to have to climb over your neighbour's feet when getting out of the seat. The main thing I noticed in comparison with other carrier's business class was the lack of storage space which is odd for Club World: no shoe space, very limited areas around seat to put glasses, drinks, books etc. Although it was good to have a flat bed, the experience did not compare favourably with CX.

British Airways Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Peter Wilson    (UK)

We flew last Friday 24th January, returning Monday on the 3pm flight from Marco Polo to London City. Both flights were excellent and on time. Super fast check in and exit at London City. What a pleasure. On return we were moved to the exit seat as the plane was quite which was great. Staff efficient and friendly.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Paul Whiteley    (UK)

A tale of two flights. Travelled Club World LHR-NRT-LHR on 777-300 aircraft over the New Year period, using Avios points to upgrade from World Traveller Plus. Service on the outward flight was great, in particular the male attendant looking after the right-hand of the cabin. On the same flight the CSD came up to me and offered me congratulations, with me thinking this was due to me reaching a milestone birthday. However, it was because me and my partner had achieved Silver Tier status - a very nice and impressive touch. The return flight couldn't have been more different with an extremely indifferent attendant. I have no problem with a lack of smile/personality but a lack of interest in customers was unacceptable, in my opinion. Catering was fine on both flights, but the lack of immediate personal storage space on the 777-300 was disappointing. Finally, BA's hard product is decidedly average compared to the quality Middle-East and Asian carriers, and the 8-staggered seating arrangement in J class doesn't do them any favours. Overall, using points to upgrade justifies the value of J class on BA but I'm not sure I'd see it the same way if I had paid for J on the return flight.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by J Tinning    (Austria)

5th Jan from Vienna to Heathrow on flight 705. Incredibly busy flight, I'll try to avoid this one next time. Good catering and professional crew. The last rows are not comfortable - no recline, and they feel cramped in comparison with all other rows. I will avoid that row for sure. The plus side was having the crew just behind to talk to throughout the flight, who were very friendly. I am fond of BA but I should have been more careful selecting seats.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by S Dare    (UK)

Having not travelled long haul on BA for a number of years I was looking forward to how things may have changed, unfortunately it was just the same. We flew LHR-JFK-LHR on a 15 year old B777, although I am sure the maintenance is top notch the interior fit is old and worn. The entertainment is very limited and a small screen that cuts out every 10 mins. Overhead lockers where the hinges were broken were held together with gaffer tape. On the plus side the staff are fantastic and drinks plentiful, they try really hard and were always on hand to help. Return trip was on a B747 again old and showing it age but a pleasant enough flight. I travel frequently on the middle east carriers and BA really are years behind in equipment and service.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by N Whittaker    (Thailand)

BKK-LHR-BKK, the flight out from BKK to LHR was very comfortable and welcoming. Food was standard, entertainment was very good. Nothing to complain about and would highly recommend on these basis. The journey back to BKK was very different. My husband and I was seated separately and the staff couldn't help much. In the end, we had to ask the lovely gentleman who was seated next to me, if he was ok to move (as I also had my 2 children). He was so polite and didn't mind changing. No help from BA. The stewardess/Stewards were the rudest I have experienced. Very unprofessional. Terminal 5 was a horrible experience. It just wasn't smooth flowing and inefficient.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by K Haig    (UK)

Travelled World Traveller Plus GLA-LHR-ORD-MCO on 28/12/13 and returned MCO-LGW-GLA on 09/01/12. I can't fault BA for punctuality or staff friendliness but standard of service and age of planes need addressed. Disappointed with the WTP service and the disparity between the level of service offered on our 2 trans-atlantic legs. WTP should be the same whatever flight you are on but this wasn't the case, our LHR-ORD leg was superior in every way to our MCO-LGW flight with different drinks offerings, food offerings and service levels being offered on each one. The WTP cabin on both planes need an upgrade urgently, I had to sit on the cushion provided on the MCO-LGW leg as the seat had so little padding and on the LHR-ORD leg my footrest was broken and wouldn't stay down. Also the IFE was not up to scratch and when compared to other airlines is antiquated. Overall not impressed with WTP and wouldn't spend the extra again unless no alternatives were available.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Bob Motto    (UK)

Travelled BA429, AMS to LHR in Club Europe, the aircraft was a 767 - I still love these aircraft's they are a great aircraft for travelling in and are spacious compared to the airbuses which usually fly this route. The cabin crew were friendly and very helpful and the service was as always a high standard. Towards the end of the flight the CSD spoke to each passenger in Club by name and asked how they were and if they enjoyed the flight. As a Gold member this is always a nice interaction and a change to thank the crew for a great flight. I travel British Airways every week for work, I always know what I am getting with regard to service and professionalism with them.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Michael French    (UK)

London to Los Angeles and back. Very pleasant flights in Club World. Outbound flight on a very new (1 week old) A380. Cabin crew very friendly and efficient. Catering very good. Good and wide selection of in flight entertainment. Seat as always enabled meaningful sleep on return over night journey.

British Airways Customer review :  25 January 2014 by A Soufan    (UK)

LHR-BEY and return. Both flights on time, a comfy A321 with good legroom and inflight entertainment, the only downside of the flight was the service on board, the food was tasteless and cabin crew not the friendliest, but I must admit BA offered a very cheap flights to Beirut, £270 for return flights. Would definitely use them again if the prices remains the same.

British Airways Customer review :  23 January 2014 by Guy Elton    (UK)

Travelled from Heathrow - Bangkok, January 2014, we usually travel with Emirates, however having a baby this year we wanted a non stop flight. At check in, we were told that we were not seated together! Upgraded to premium so we could be. The seat was comfy enough, however the service was shocking, the food was 'ok' I would never fly BA long haul again.

British Airways Customer review :  22 January 2014 by Mike Palmer    (UK)

LHR to Berlin Tegel and return in club on avios points. The north club lounge in T5 is looking quite scruffy with the furniture needing replacement. Toilets are being refurbed which meant queuing for the toilets. Just missed lunch time so limited snacks available - an underwhelming experience overall. Boarding spoilt by surly and rude ground staff. Pushed back early and a prompt start to the inflight service. Afternoon tea (again) was three tiny finger sandwiches, packaged cake and warm scones. The cutting back continues with no butter, a tiny pot of clotted cream, jam handed out on request and UHT milk pots. I don't get why a 1600 departure is served afternoon tea when a hot meal would be far more appropriate given an early evening arrival in Berlin. The service fell apart when the purser headed into WT due to an incident, and the hapless remaining crew disappeared, left trays out and stopped serving drinks. Fortunately crew from the back of the plane, noticed call bells and recovered the situation well after 15 mins of nothing. Early arrival into Tegel and bags off promptly. Return was a lot better, the club lounge is fine with an ok choice for a light breakfast. Late boarding due to slow security but an on time departure. The senior crew provided excellent service with a smile. A pleasant chicken salad was promptly served with a couple of drinks runs. An early arrival and prompt priority bags rounded off a good return flight. I do think BA need a good hard look at what I regard as a tired club service (especially the afternoon tea and it's timing) with the whole experience in need of a refresh and some money spent on bringing it up to the standard of some other European carriers.

British Airways Customer review :  21 January 2014 by M Studzinski    (Poland)

Warsaw-London-Lisbon, both flights on A320. Both flights on time, not the newest airplanes, and it shows, but seats were ok, with enough legroom. Good announcements from the flight deck, cabin crew kept theirs to minimum. Food was a flat bread with some chicken and drinks. The only problem I always have with BA crew is that you never know what to expect. You may have some cheerful, or very old and very grumpy. Luggage was left in London, I got it the next morning. There are much better options to fly with.

British Airways Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Robert Ramsay    (UK)

Flew BA Sunday night from LHR-JED. After recent quite lukewarm experiences long haul on a BA economy flight to Toronto and a quite limp business class trip to Tokyo I didn't expect too much on this economy plus ageing 767. I was however impressed as the service was very good and attentive , the catering quality and service was high the seating in the very empty roomy cabin good with the extra legroom a big bonus, unfortunately like the 777 the shortage of toilets is an issue. All in all the most promising trip I have experienced with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  21 January 2014 by A Aweidah    (Palestinian Territory)

I had not been on a BA economy class flight for a few years and I was dreading the TLV-LHR-TLV flight especially after reading the reviews here. As it turns out the A321 was quite new and clean with what was probably the most comfortable economy class seats I have experienced and I am a big tall guy. Inflight entertainment was good and managed to watch two movies on the way out. Food and cabin service were very basic, staff very indifferent and overworked on very full flights. The price was very good and even cheaper than Easyjet on the same route. Would definitely fly them again but only in economy and if the price is right.

Earlier comments for BRITISH AIRWAYS have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).

© 1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.