British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  21 December 2013 by S Wilson    (UK)

Flew Euro Traveller LHR-FRA on short-haul 767. Having BAEC Silver status helped as I could pre-request seating, which changed the day before as the Club Europe cabin was undersold (and BA was offering £79 upgrades right up to online check-in time). LHR T5 experience was unfussed, although fast track security was slower than conventional security because of the volume of premium travellers. Boarding easy for this full flight, because of priority queue, and on board seat was comfortable enough for the short flight. Flight was delayed by one hour for takeoff for maintenance issues, but service was basic - ham and cheese croissant as a snack, with coffee. Baggage arrived quickly at FRA. Overall, reasonable experience for this short route, although the delay could have meant spending more time at the airport or in a lounge, rather than sitting for over an hour on the ground.

British Airways Customer review :  21 December 2013 by Paul Mercer    (UK)

LHR-SFO on 19 December. I have had good and bad experiences with BA and things did not get off to a good start when we had to return to Terminal 5 because of an electrical fault. Two hours later and with some extra fuel we took off. The pilot and cabin crew kept up well informed. Premium economy makes sense and the benefits far outweigh the cost. The seats are more comfortable and you do not feel that you have been squeezed in. The cabin crew were great despite an almost full aircraft they were helpful and courteous. Like a lot of BA aircraft's, however, the seats did show signs of ageing. I cannot understand why they could not repaired most of the damage at a small cost. The video screen is a joke and I have learnt that it best to bring your own films on an iPad. Although they ran out of chicken the beef was OK, not over-cooked. Again noticeably better than Economy but not Club standard. There was not a problem with getting extra drinks and occasionally soft drinks were served during the flight. Overall I was impressed with the experience and get the feeling that BA is definitely trying to improve its service and would have no problem with recommending this flight.

British Airways Customer review :  21 December 2013 by Julie Handfield    (Canada)

We traveled in Premium Class. Compared to other companies, their Premium Class offers less advantages: no priority check-in, no special food, not more service. The only thing is you have a little more leg room. Staff were ok but not the best at all. On our return we were told that there was some delays. We discover by our own that it was the Heathrow Airport Radar which was not functioning properly. Instead of changing our itinerary in Prague and avoiding London, they flew us right into a chaotic situation. When we arrived our next flight had just left and we were told to book another flight. The problem: there was a minimum of 5-7 hours of waiting to see someone for flight or hotel booking. We tried their website, it was down also. They had only a few counters open for thousands of people waiting,…nobody could tell us how to proceed and their instructions were different each time. Having problems can happen but not being able to handle a situation like this is so deceiving. All other companies were up and running very rapidly and their customers taken care of very rapidly (I asked). Not with British Airways!

British Airways Customer review :  19 December 2013 by Chris Willett    (UK)

Just returned from New Delhi with BA and must say what a pleasant experience. My wife and I were confirmed Club but due to overbooking and me being a Gold member was offered an up grade to First. The shared lounge at Delhi is awful, warm beer and wine with minimal food offerings and so overcrowded that getting a seat was a problem. The service started in style at the gate, boarded shown our seats and how to operate them, fine vintage (cold) champagne offered. The cabin manager came to meet us and we were addressed by name throughout the flight. After about 2 hours our beds were made up and we were offered sleepwear. Nice touch we thought. Food perfectly edible with a good selection, the breakfast just prior to arrival into LHR very good. All staff were excellent including the flight crew who rested next to where I was seated. Is BA first worth the extra over Club? Not sure but we do dislike not facing the direction of travel in Club if seated together. The cabin was the new First. BA are a good solid reliable airline who have improved over the past 3 years, they can never match the ambience of Middle Eastern carriers with bars, showers etc but they are my preferred carrier.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2013 by Kim Andre    (Norway)

SVG-LHR-SVG, 13th December from SVG with a return on 15th December. A319 on both flights. Both flights delayed one hour due to fog at Heathrow. Super service onboard with good food and nice cabin personnel. Fast service at Heathrow and nice south galleries. No inflight entertainment. Well recommended.

British Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Michael Davies    (UK)

Manchester - Heathrow - Doha. Airbus A320 followed by a Boeing 777-200. The flight from Manchester was delayed due to fog in London. As a result, I got to London only 45 minutes before the flight to Doha. The BA staff waiting for the plane at Heathrow were excellent. They assisted all the passengers with connections get direct to their gates. As a result, I managed to get my connection. Premium Economy (World Traveller Plus) is perfectly acceptable on a 7 hour flight. Wider seats than economy and 7 more inches of legroom, which makes a huge difference. Excellent in flight service and good quality food. Only minor negative point is the relatively poor quality of the video screen. But plenty of film and TV program choice. One final bonus was that my bags arrived at Doha despite the tight connection time at Heathrow. Highly recommended.

British Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by N Crabtree    (UK)

LHR-JFK-LHR. I struggle to see the advantage of First over Clubworld. Yes, you get more room onboard and well that's it really. No chauffeur service, Concorde lounge at LHR good (ok at JFK) but you get lounge access in business too, Onboard service to JFK excellent - purser introduced himself, called by name, attentive personal service. Unfortunately back to LHR average rushed business class service (although it was a very quick return flight - 5.30 back to LHR!). Seats are just that, don't expect a private suite. Food good and on par with business on Emirates/Qatar. I flew using avios (which is an excellent frequent flyer programme!) but on balance I wouldn't fork out the extra money required to fly BA First over Clubworld. I can personally only compare to Emirates first/business and Qatar airways business. Qatar business and Emirates first class were, in my opinion, a better product than BA First.

British Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by A Fitter    (UK)

Not flown for a year. Flew 0750hrs, 13/12/13, Heathrow to Basel. Pleasant crew! We had lukewarm tea and a bacon/cheese bun for breakfast. The crew gathered uneaten breakfasts all nicely cooked, unlike our merge offerings and stood with their backs to the aisle proceeding to eat. Upon landing we got the ever exhausted announcement how we enjoyed having you on board! This is why I would never fly long haul with BA, give me Singapore Airlines.

British Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by F Fall    (Germany)

Heathrow-Newark, Boeing 777. Nowadays price is not everything! Business class is made to travel at higher comfort and to be able to work. Since there are too many seats squeezed in to the business cabin on this Boeing 777 flight there is very extra little space on the sides of the seats. Swiss and Lufthansa, and others, place 6 passengers in one row and here there are 8 squeezed in! Even if the seat cushion maybe 20" wide, while BA claims the competition offers only 19", the arm rest and space on the side to the seats is nearly as narrow as in the economy class! In addition the pseudo-lie flat beds are too short for normal men above 182cm or 6'! A short lady can sure lie flat on these narrow things. However, people are seated facing each other and will be separated with a little opaque plastic window which comes up between the chairs after take off. This way the travellers in the aisle seats cannot look outside the windows and people in the windows seats fly backwards. This whole construction looks like a ticket office or a train office thing where you can hand through money and other things. For the passengers seating in the aisle row it is indeed very disturbing then because the staff have to have this window thing drive down whenever they pass food, drinks, nuts and other things by your nose to the passenger at the window seat. After that this plastic window drives back up again. Very annoying! All, in all, very odd and with too short and not comfortable seats at all! For normal tall business men not recommendable, although it might be cheap - but the standard and space explains the price!

British Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by K Kirby    (UK)

Excellent flight up to Edinburgh, we were even served a full English breakfast which was very good and welcome since it was an early flight. In the short time that we were on board, we were made to feel very welcome. All the crew were excellent and we loved the flight deck announcements about the weather etc!

British Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Tracy Flynn    (UK)

Just back from my trip from Ireland to London Heathrow. The cabin Staff were nice and helpful. An old woman in front off me was so well looked after it was so nice to see. To sit down and get a cup of coffee or tea to drink and biscuit and not be asked for any money was great.

British Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by John Highton    (UK)

Bangkok to London Heathrow. I have had the unfortunate experience of a BA long haul flight. Some of the toilets were out of order, and these in order where absolutely disgraceful - not suitable. Toilets and sinks blocked on a long haul flight!

British Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by D Epstein    (France)

No doubt that when you board a BA flight you are in good hands. High safety standards, highly trained crews and clean aircraft, very strict procedure in ground operations. Flying BA in Nov 2013 from CDG to DEL via LHR and back to Paris ORY in economy class was another proof of BA efficiency. I will not comment the flights between Paris and London LHR, as big European airlines deliver about the same level of service, rather satisfactory. Long haul may show difference. My flights to/from Delhi were aboard 747/400, now ageing aircraft. Nothing to say on seat comfort, for me better than average, with a nice system of headrest adjustment. Nothing to say about the good work of cabin crew, very efficient in 100% full flights (outbound and inbound), and also cheerful. I have not much to say about Entertainment system which is two generation behind (tiny screens, and very limited programs). The problem is food: how such a famous airline dares to serve food like at a picnic? Pure plastic cutlery, tissue- sized napkins, cardboard containers. The food itself was tasty, but reduced to a minimum. Speaking about breakfast to take an example : hot drink, water, omelette with tomato and sausage (all glued at the bottom of the box), organic yoghurt (good), and a so-called "danish pastry" one-week old, wrapped in a cello-paper. No roll, no butter, no preserve, no cheese or cold cuts, no fruit salad...it is a shame to treat passengers with such a lack of respect. In this area of food, BA is far behind Air France, Lufthansa, even Air India. Not to mention Emirates, Qatar or the Asian airlines which perform well, as everybody now knows. BA seems not to understand that food is one of the 3 important things that matter to passengers, with seat comfort and entertainment system. Interestingly, in the satisfaction survey proposed on-screen to passengers, food is not mentioned. So, I would recommend to fly BA for what is necessary : experienced crews, good maintenance, safety, but not for what is "pleasure". And food belongs to it.

British Airways Customer review :  14 December 2013 by Simeone Enrique    (Belgium)

SAO-LHR-BRU-LHR-PHL-LHR-BRU. 1st Class except for legs LHR-BRU-LHR in business. Good and fast check in and good lounges in Sao-Phil and LHR. Ground Staff polite and caring. On board the usual excellence of BA, Good seats, good inflight entertainment and foods and drinks up to great standards. Good and experienced cabin staff. 1st Class product not as good as Swiss or Qatar. Planes are getting old and transfer at Heathrow T5 is a real slow mess badly managed and rude staff! Big draw back. Need to get their security act together or they else they will loose pax, for sure! All in all good experience except for messy security in T5 and T1.

British Airways Customer review :  14 December 2013 by N Ray    (UK)

Flew LHR to JFK, as far as premium economy goes, this came with a premium price and economy service. Check in at T5 was swift and easy, that's where the good experience ended. Flew out on a 747 which seemed grubby and dated, sat in an exit row for the 'extra' legroom as I'm 6ft7" the seat was really narrow, my legs were squashed between the arm rests, the table wouldn't sit anywhere near flat across my lap, and there wasn't enough legroom to even nearly stretch my legs. The headrest at its highest was barely at my shoulders, the whole seat was completely inadequate. The cabin crew were nowhere to be seen throughout the flight, other than to offer the inedible breakfast. If you're thinking of booking premium economy with BA, forget it, for exemplary service in this class, fly with Virgin. I've been more comfortable and better looked after on any budget airline I've flown on.

British Airways Customer review :  12 December 2013 by K Chan    (Hong Kong)

HKG-LHR, 77W outbound, A388 inbound. Check in staff at HKG seemed unenthusiastic about their job - no smile or greeting. A lot better check in experience at Heathrow T5. Boarding at both HKG and LHR was chaotic with no priority boarding for World Traveller Plus which gave me a bad impression of the airline. Both the 77W and A388 were brand new planes and the interior was clean and tidy. World Traveller Plus seat is comfortable with good padding and legroom. Everything else was only mediocre - Inflight service by cabin crew, food quality and the AVOD. I chose BA because of its price which was a bit cheaper than CX. If the price is the same, I think CX would be a better choice.

British Airways Customer review :  11 December 2013 by C Thon    (Germany)

We have been flying several long-haul flights with BA in business class now, the latest in November from FRA to MIA via LHR and return. We have always got a great offer which was at least half, if not more the price of other European airlines business class fares. The lounges are very comfortable, never overcrowded and offer a very good selection of drinks and food and in LHR you can even get free massages and skin treatments in the Elemis spa which we also did a couple of times and from the SFO lounge you directly board onto the planes. We always had impeccable service on the flight. The FAs have been very attentive and friendly and always cared about our well-being. Once I had not eaten all my food, immediately the FA asked if I didn't like the food and if she should bring me something else instead. On the latest flight I was a little cold and told my husband that I would need to grab the blanket right away after take-off. The FA walking by also immediately offered to have the temperature adjusted in the cabin. The food on our flights was also always very tasty, the vegetarian pasta dishes tasted great. The wine selection is very good, we never had a problem that a selected wine was not available and we always got lots of refills on all our drinks. The seats in Club World a very comfortable, the AVOD systems have a huge selection of the latest movies, even if some of the AVOD systems are not yet upgraded to the latest version which never was an issue for me. We only once had a problem that a suitcase did not arrive but it was handled very professional, the customer service delivered it to our home immediately on the next day. I would always recommend BA, it is a very good value for money, especially compared with other European Airlines and we will certainly continue to fly with them.

British Airways Customer review :  11 December 2013 by Vivienne Pinnell    (UK)

Heathrow to Seattle WT+ at online check managed to secure a bulkhead seat which is a great bonus. Pre-ordered vegetarian meal quite nice, plenty of drink runs and cabin crew as usual very friendly and helpful. Video screen rather small and choice of films not that great, my only complaint would be that no separate toilets for the WT+ cabin. Return journey overnight I paid for a bulkhead seat which was well worth the money as was able to sleep most of the way back. Again crew very good and cheerful, I still rate BA as one of the best airlines flying to the US, a journey I take two to three times a year.

British Airways Customer review :  11 December 2013 by D Hallissey    (Ireland)

LHR-GRU-LHR, Club World. Out 21st Nov, Return 2nd Dec. Having flown this route many times with BA, I continue to be impressed with the excellent service provided by the airline and staff. Every thing done to make my trip enjoyable and stress free, from the moment of arrival at Heathrow through to the Sky Lounge in T5, to boarding the aircraft. Friendly Cabin staff, good food and pleasant flight. Thanks BA and I look forward to my next trip with you.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2013 by I Black    (USA)

Seoul to London, as usual a great flight with BA. Although the cabin layout is a bit strange for some. I love the privacy. And in my opinion, the best seat in any business class, I love the unique and large foot rest, where you can relax back with feet up and not have to move chair if you wish to get up. My only complaint is the low resolution screen.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2013 by Mark Freyton    (UK)

Few more than a few flights this past month with BA and AA in First and Business and enjoyed all the flights. Crews on BA consistently friendly and good except MIA-LHR in First where on a 9 hour flight I was not offered breakfast and had to virtually beg for a coffee before landing. Aside from this all on time, except one flight LHR-BRU because of too much hand baggage, and particularly find the Club Europe product good if you get a good fare (as I did). One complaint about BA is the unlimited hand baggage they allow which creates a terrible boarding experience and passengers are selfish with space. Food not fantastic but certainly acceptable, and baggage delivery much improved at Terminal 5.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2013 by Richard Hodges    (UK)

LHR-DXB-LHR: Trip out 27/11 in elderly 747 Premium Economy. Tired cabin desperately in need of upgrade - nothing inherently wrong, just a bit shabby. Average service with quite good food. Landed 1/2 hour late at DXB. Return flight 8/12 on 777 with brand new revamped Premium Economy - what a difference. Comfortable seats/headrests, terrific legroom and very decent AVOD (although not up to, say, Emirates ICE standards) but with clear bigger touch screens, good headphones and decent handset. Better choice of films would be nice. Food again not too bad. In my opinion well worth the extra cost over Economy. Even landed a tad early. But - and here's my biggest gripe with BA - you cannot pre-reserve your seat unless you pay extra! This is the only full service airline I regularly travel with where you can't pre-reserve your seat until online check in - unless you pay. It just smacks of nickel and diming, cheap, low cost airline stuff and is simply not good enough for what is supposed to be our flagship Airline. Until BA scrap this I will travel PE with Virgin or another airline (except North American !) unless I have absolutely no choice. A shame as the revamped PE really is very good.

British Airways Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Peter Nicholls    (UK)

A really relaxing and lovely trip on the upper deck of a grand old 747 (seat 62K LHR to LAX). This was BA at its best, which in my recent experience, it often is). A comfortable, flexible and practical Club seat with a quiet cabin environment. Service from the cabin crew was attentive and highly professional without being over-bearing. Food and wine was excellent and plentiful. We arrived in LAX a few minutes late, but bearing in mind the chaos at Heathrow caused by an air traffic control fault when we departed, this was impressive. I always look forward to travelling with BA - particularly in the Club cabin. This trip made it crystal clear to me why I feel like this.

British Airways Customer review :  9 December 2013 by John Dough    (UK)

Simply not in the same league as "real" First Class on Emirates, Cathay, Singapore, etc. First the good - the new 1st class cabins look quite stylish. Now the bad - 1) Typical of BA's "screw the customer" mentality, they have crammed many more seats into their 1st class cabin than other carriers. They have fewer flight attendants assigned to look after all these passengers. The result is bad service, FAs always seem in a panic, rushing around completely overwhelmed. 2) The food and drink are inferior. Ordinary champagne, no DP or Krug as in real 1st Class. No caviar or even smoked salmon. What food they do give you is roughly equal to a mediocre business class meal and no better. 3) The seat is quite narrow for a 1st class seat. Not so much as to be a real problem, but there is no sense of luxurious space, just barely adequate space. 4) Service on the ground is appalling. I checked in at Manchester, for a connection through London to Hong Kong. No acknowledgement of the fact that I was a full fare, paying 1st Class passenger by the lady at check in. No smile, nothing. Just a silent and cheerless handing over of my boarding cards. Shocking, compared to what happens when you fly real 1st class on other airlines. 5) Average lounges. Their "famous" Concorde Room at LHR has no self-service food at all, which I frankly miss. You have to use a waiter, which eliminates picking and choosing little titbits of what you like. And there is no premium food on the menu. None. What you find are things like Shepherd's Pie, Burgers, etc. Amazing, when compared to, say, Emirates, Thai, etc and the level of service and food you find in their 1st Class lounges. 6) The entertainment system on board, despite the plane being brand new, was slow and clunky, with many fewer selections of film and music than you'd expect. In short, if you are flying First Class, almost ANY other choice than BA would be a better bet. I have flown a lot of international First Class and this is definitely the worst and by quite a large margin.

British Airways Customer review :  9 December 2013 by M Ensikat    (Germany)

Flew economy from SIN-LHR. Did expect reasonable service. However, the dinner was awful. Could not eat it. Furthermore my entertainment screen changed continuously from color-TV to black and white. When I asked the crew they just shrugged and went away. Moreover, staff was quite rude towards customers. Bad experience with BA. Good reason not to fly with them again.

British Airways Customer review :  6 December 2013 by Clive Drake    (UK)

JFK-LHR. The 777-300ER was brand new - apparently 6 weeks old and the contrast when flying a new plane (V) the older types is striking. A terrific aeroplane. We were seated in the two centre seats and had plenty of room. Champagne was interior quality and luke warm (as always). I had a "prawn" starter which was boring - and sea bass main course which bordered on a top high end restaurant. The white wine was also lukewarm. We had a strong tail wind that shot us over the Atlantic in six hours - one of the fastest crossings I have ever had. I managed to drift off in the very comfortably made turned down bed. Staff were great - attending to the full 1st Class cabin. All in all a good experience.

British Airways Customer review :  5 December 2013 by N Reeves    (UK)

LHR-DXB, WTP. A shockingly poor and shoddy 777-200 cabin that was way beyond its use by date, food equally poor for any cabin class provided by BA - our national airline. Cabin staff were however excellent in their care and service. I did not bother with the entertainment as the tiny screen and resolution made it a waste of time. Return trip however was like travelling with a different airline, restyled WTP in the 777-200 is just a great product from the seating and feeling of cabin space to the quality of the excellent AVOD and screen size, giving the feeling of providing 'value for money'. The catering was a vast improvement being well presented and more importantly, edible! Cabin staff were again excellent, engaging and made plenty of drink runs. My fellow passenger felt unwell and was so well looked after by the crew. Departure and arrival at T5 was good. The sooner BA update all their cabins to the restyled standard the better. This return flight demonstrated BA can provide a good product, they just need to be consistent.

British Airways Customer review :  5 December 2013 by Yi Cong Seah    (Singapore)

Flew BA from SIN-SYD, upon take off, light snacks (chips and juices) followed by dinner was served. Dinner was fantastic, with a choice of beef or chicken. Before landing, another light snack (bread and tea/coffee) was served. Cabin crew showed a positive attitude and checked on us every 30 minutes when we were asleep. Movies on the inflight entertainment was fantastic, but the variety of music offered was limited. Will fly World Traveller Plus with BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  5 December 2013 by Gavin Morrison    (UK)

Flew GLA-LHR then LGW to GLA. Both flights excellent and cabin crew very friendly as usual. I was greedy and asked for 2 complimentary alcoholic drinks on both directions and I was given both with a smile. Boarding at LGW was a joke. Flight was delayed and the two silly agents still insisted on boarding rows at a time. It would have been quicker just to get everyone on. I always choose BA over Low cost airlines, price is usually comparable anyway and you get more for your money. The old 737 aircraft on LGW routes are getting a bit worn but I think BA are slowly starting to replace them.

British Airways Customer review :  4 December 2013 by E Van Der Harg    (UK)

LHR-PRA. Myself and my mum flew with British Airways for the first time, previously flew with the cheaper airlines. We were quite impressed with the service that we received. The cabin crew were very friendly and helpful. The food they served was Ok but could have had a little more choice. As it was only a short flight there wasn't any inflight entertainment but I had my ipad to entertain me. Definitely use this airline again in the future.

British Airways Customer review :  4 December 2013 by Woei Teoh    (UK)

I have not ever had a good experience with BA with worse coming when they messed up my reservation leaving me stranded in Beijing after a tiring charity trek. They were unapologetic asking me to step aside to call Hong Kong (no office in Beijing) on my own roaming cost. HK told me I need to speak to London, their office was closed. So the flight left with lots of empty seats and me stranded. They tried to blame me and agent for the error despite me getting an email direct from BA confirming my flight. They admitted to their errors but said they will not compensate or refund my ticket, they are only obligated to send me on the next flight next day. After several years I still can't get over their incompetence and lack of compassion. Recently I had to reluctantly buy a flight since they are the only airline flying direct to Buenos Aires. I am nervous just thinking about it. Hopefully they are a little more intelligent in club world.

British Airways Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Chander Ahluwalia    (USA)

JFK-LHR-EWR, Premium Economy. JFK lounge looks tired and tatty but the welcome was warm and the food available was tasty and fresh. On board the 747-400 premium economy cabin needs updating but otherwise is comfortable. The passenger next to me was upgraded on the quiet to biz, the cabin services director indicated the seat wasn't functional and the passenger and companion were ushered behind the curtain. Strangely enough I ended up in the seats after my entertainment system failed- I couldn't see anything wrong with them. Return was on a 787 and I must say I walked off the plane noticeably refreshed- my eyes normally get a bit red, not this time. There is more room in prem econ than on the outbound. The bathrooms in economy flush and taps turn on by a wave of the hand- nice touch. Entertainment both ways was on demand and I found content to occupy me. The food and beverage selections were tasty and filling.

British Airways Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

Club class on flight from LHR to CPT - 30 Nov. Excellent window seat in upper deck. Very private and lots of space - storage bins on side under windows. Not as comfortable as the SAA business class seat though. Entertainment screen aged and poor quality picture. But a great crew - pleasant and helpful service, they were first class. Food mediocre - main choice not available which didn't help. But, trip let down by Terminal 5. Easy check in and lots of wasted space in the check in area - surely they don't need so much empty space there because inside it is very different. Business class lounge crowded and looking tatty especially in the toilets which are also poorly designed. From the lounge premier passengers have to schlep through a crowded terminal, get a shuttle to the relevant gate and wait. At the gate insufficient space for passengers, no special waiting area for premium passengers. Just a sea of people milling around. This is BA's terminal - they should have designed it better. It is a big shame as it does let them down because the service in the air was excellent.

British Airways Customer review :  3 December 2013 by G Kastner    (Austria)

VIE-LHR-VIE, operating in T3 in LHR (T5 way better and nicer Lounges), old A320 on remote stand, crew friendly on VIE to LHR, return crew was a letdown, no smiles, no greeting and caused a delay as they let too many cabin bags on board - then complete breakdown it took 20+ minutes to get some trolleys from the cabin to the hold, I already at the gate noticed the problem. As more cabin baggage only fares turn up this is a serious problem. They also served the same snack (wrap) on both legs at different days - more variation please. As a premium carrier they need to figure this out soon or frequent travelers go somewhere else.

British Airways Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Clive Drake    (UK)

LHR-Newark on the BA185. At last - the new First Class, I was wondering if this new product ever existed. The cabin is very stylish and smart. A quality finish. Good colour combination and the window "blinds" are very smart. However compared with the Middle Eastern and Far East carriers - the overall product falls woefully short. The 1st cabin was full save for one empty seat on a 17 seat cabin. Quality of food was okay - nothing spectacular. Decent portions - which both my son and I enjoyed. Cheap stainless steel cutlery has long replaced the silver plated knives and forks which is an insane quality cutting on their premium cabin. Drinks okay again not premium brand champagne as served on Middle East carriers. The crew were very efficient. I bought my fare on AVIOS (the choice of seats and destinations being consistently reduced by BA). The thing is - a single full fare on this route exceeds £5,000. Is this a fair and realistic price. The answer is no.

British Airways Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Mark Guilbert    (UK)

I recently flew from Vancouver and from Dubai. Both times I flew World Traveller Plus. I have always promoted BA wherever possible but I have found their service to have plummeted. In both cases I couldn't fault the aircraft and it facilities my complaint was purely with the crews and their surly nature. On the Vancouver to Heathrow flight they ran out of food choices and when served the 3rd choice it was overcooked and dry. On the Dubai to Heathrow flight I was asked if I wanted wine with my meal but was told I couldn't have a whisky I would have to wait till later - later never arrived, we have no drinks service whilst my friends in world traveller plus were offered and full drinks service from the word go. Whilst it sounds like I'm an alcoholic foody I just feel having paid for a Plus service I don't expect a worse service than I could get in World Traveller. The worst thing is the disinterested attitude of long-haul crew. I will certainly be looking elsewhere for long-haul.

British Airways Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Dar Hannan    (UK)

LGW-BGI-LGW, World Traveller Plus on 777-200. Upgraded to Club World outbound which was superb and found Gatwick staff to be a little more cheerful than their LHR counterparts! Returned in old-style Premium Economy cabin which now feels notably tatty compared to new-style cabins I have used recently flying from Heathrow to US. Am sure the new-style cabin also comes with better food too. Baggage took far too long to arrive on carousel at LGW (especially as was first arrival of the day).

British Airways Customer review :  29 November 2013 by Ron Young    (UK)

Flew Business from Washington Dulles to London Heathrow and was totally disgusted with the quality of service, food and entertainment. Cabin crew mostly downright nasty, openly complaining when I asked for a glass of wine. Dinner inedible (salmon on goats cheese) so overcooked it would have soled your shoes. Business breakfast, a bacon roll that could have been used as an offensive weapon. Cabin temp too high and dry atmosphere and entertainment poor. I complained and refused their mediocre offer of avios miles and it remains unresolved. I'm a gold card holder but not for much longer as I will be avoiding them like the plague. A sad episode!

British Airways Customer review :  28 November 2013 by Andrew Coogans    (UK)

GLA-LHR-VIE return on an award ticket (I am BA Executive Club Bronze level). High standard of service on all flights. Found the A320 from LHR to GLA the most comfortable (I think from the aircraft's registration it was also the most modern). Pleased to note that there is a vegetarian option to the snack. Cabin luggage size and volume is becoming a problem as charges for hold baggage are creeping in. Do not like the fact that some European destinations leave from Terminal 3 at Heathrow, necessitating an additional security check over some other ones that leave from T5. Cabin crew friendly and very professional.

British Airways Customer review :  27 November 2013 by S Moore    (UK)

The first problem we encountered was that their schedule was altered after we had booked, meaning our flight from Manchester to Heathrow would not permit us to make the flight to Grand Cayman, this forced us to get an earlier flight incurring the cost of an overnight stay through no fault of ourselves. Upon getting on the plane I was thrilled to learn as a surprise my wife had at some considerable cost to ourselves upgraded us to world traveller plus. Now imagine my disappointment at having to spend the ensuing long haul journey without a TV screen, the cabin crew tried their very best to rectify the problem to no avail. Then the second problem, whilst we landed to refuel in Nassau it was determined that our plane had developed a fuel leak. We were all promptly evacuated from the said plane and allowed to enter the airport lounge, and for around an hour we were free to use the facilities which promptly changed as we were corralled into an area and we're only allowed to use the restrooms. We were kept in this position for another two hours at which time we were informed by the captain that our journey on to Grand Cayman had been terminated. We were taken to a hotel for the night. The next day was conspicuous by the lack of any representation whatsoever from British Airways information was gained by what seemed to be Chinese whispers as passengers told each other what they had heard from the reception staff. The next day we left for the airport at 2.30 pm where we were still told nothing. Eventually we boarded with my wife and I however at opposite sides of the aircraft, we fly for another hour without so much as a glass of water. Some 28 hours after our scheduled arrival we set down at our destination tired stressed and thoroughly disappointed at the standard of service and care we received from British Airways. I feel the only thing that distinguishes them from a budget airline mentality is their wonderful cabin crew.

British Airways Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Reyno Aaron    (Australia)

BA 2761, AMS-LGW. Very abrupt cabin manager, no smiles at all. Very cold and distant. No rapport with customers. His crew members were very pleasant and due to the unfriendliness of the cabin manager I do not wish to fly with BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Walker Robert    (France)

TLS-LHR-ABZ and return, mid November. Five out of six legs on time take off and landing. Slight delay arrival LHR due to gate occupied not BA's fault. Comfortable, snacks OK and service with a smile.

British Airways Customer review :  27 November 2013 by N Wheeler    (UK)

Very disappointed with British Airways. Two of us particularly asked for aisle seats as one is 6'6 and the other also tall and we booked over two months earlier and our two central seats on the Los Angeles - London run on Saturday 23rd November 2013 in Premier Economy were a nightmare for space and comfort, comparable to the awful two hour wait in New York in the passport queue. It is as if both acts are done on purpose to antagonize? One TV never worked, the other produced a poor quality picture. Breakfast was appalling - an almost frozen croissant, an Ocean Spray 'Craison' packet that needed teeth to open and seemed an unlikely offering. Strawberry jam, no butter in a ridiculous little box for packaged goods. Beading at the back on the airliner was coming away from the partition, wine and coffee needed to be requested and were not offered when supper arrived. Staff were friendly.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2013 by Guy Senior    (UK)

Club World to Atlanta. Good food and drink and friendly staff. The latest BA IFE is excellent with a huge range. However, on a mid afternoon flight lunch was served at 4.30 London time with a snack much later. Why not serve a snack after take off and dinner at a more reasonable time? Flight back was good.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2013 by Chris Parsons    (Saudi Arabia)

Riyadh - LHR - Riyadh, 16 July 2013 Out - 23 July 2013 Return. Being ex pats we look for a reliable, high class service on which to spend our money on when we are returning to the UK to visit family and friends. We used to have this service and quality from bmi before their demise! In simple terms, I along with a number of other ex- pats feel the service provided by BA on this route is well below par. In fact a close friend of mine flew with the same airline on 27 Oct, MIA-LHR in First Class and the feedback from his flight was unfortunately very similar to mine. Returning to the UK: I paid for an upgrade to business class. We were sat on the top deck, along with two other passengers. Aircraft departed on time ex RUH, which was a blessing as this route now has a reputation of either not flying or being cancelled for the most ridiculous reasons, in fact the route and airline made the UK national headlines with the media a short time ago as 'passengers allegedly revolted' due to performance of the route. After take off we informed that a meal service would be served and that alcoholic drinks would not be available until 2 hours after take-off! My wife and I relaxed into our seats and tried to watch an inflight movie but alas it wasn't turned on, nor did it come on for another 1.5 hours despite many requests. Next the meal service was two small triangle sandwiches (ie 2/3 a slice of bread). I asked for something more substantial as I had not had time for dinner and was advised that this is all there is. No worries I think there is a 'Club Kitchen' on all BA Long-haul flights but apparently not on this one!!! Eventually a Cabin Crew member found me a packet of crisps to go with my sandwich and offered me a crew sandwich, which I refused. The return flight on 22 July was slightly better but overall not significantly, with staff that appear to not really be bothered and I find that very sad. After the flight I wrote to BA to share my experience and received the standard response. My wife and I are both BA Gold Card holders and both have vowed not to fly BA again, especially as there are a number of operators we can use such as: EY, EK, QR, GF, LH and even SV. I really feel that the airline has lost their way and definitely lost touch with its passengers.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2013 by S Redfern    (UK)

London - Sao Paulo - London. Flew premium economy out and upgraded to business back. The old premium economy seat on the ageing 747 are very uncomfortable. Could not sleep at all on the overnight flight. I could not face it again on the return flight so upgraded to Business. Service was acceptable on both flights and classes. The lounge in Sao Paulo is very small and overcrowded.

British Airways Customer review :  22 November 2013 by Sahardid Hussein    (UK)

BA needs to get on with the modern world and install such necessities like USB connection like Singapore Airlines has done on all seats. As a carrier that charges a premium price on all it's flights. The single sandwich it gave out with it's famous small tin drinks is scrimping. Not acceptable.

British Airways Customer review :  22 November 2013 by Jean Thornton    (UK)

I was on a flight from Miami yesterday the 20th of November with a connecting flight to Manchester. We were late landing which resulted in missing our connection. We went to customer care and what a fantastic job they did for me, they got me on the next flight and gave me a voucher to get myself and husband a sandwich and drink.

British Airways Customer review :  21 November 2013 by J Henson    (UK)

DXB-LHR in First - November 2013 - Overall a solid experience. No queue at check-in and FIRST tags applied to my baggage. A real pain that there is no priority security lane access at Dubai Terminal 1 as the lines are very long (the priority immigration queue was almost as long as the other queues, which were very long). Lounge nothing special and lounge a long walk from the gate. Warm welcome onboard by the Cabin Services Director. Drinks order taken before take-off. Seat area looked fairly worn and a bit grubby - not ideal for a fairly new product. Excellent selection of alcohol and was allowed to try five different types of wine along with several glasses of Laurent-Perrier Grand Siecle as well as port with my cheese board. Food good in my opinion, although a "normal" menu and not a tasting menu as on other routes. Inflight entertainment was good but selection not as broad as other carriers. Crew generally very helpful and took care of us in a full cabin. Flight arrived more than half an hour early. In my opinion, a good option if you can buy your ticket in a sale or as part of an avios redemption.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2013 by Barry Hebblethwaite    (UK)

LHR to Hong Kong, out in club, return first, both legs on A380. Lounge at T5 was great, a little busy but no issue, good choice of 2-3 main hot foods, I went for quiche and sandwiches. All very fresh and tasty. Sat on upper deck, seat 50k, does not have the same feel on upper deck of the 747, nowhere near as private. Starter was fantastic, lobster timbale, very nice indeed, pasta for main, good choice of wines, meal service was a little slow but I guess they are still getting used to the new aircraft, managed to get almost 7 hrs sleep, arrived into Hong Kong feeling very fresh. Return in first, seat 2a, new first on A380 even better then on 777s, great space to work or rest, as it was a late flight meals choice not as big as daytime flight although they do offer a 5 course taster menu that looked great but at 23.30 just wanted to rest. Cabin crew in first ok, not the best but I think they wanted to leave us to it and get some rest rather then go over the top. I will always choose BA over Virgin, Thai, and even EK these days, most of the time they are fantastic.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2013 by M Eggleton    (Australia)

LHR-SIN (747-400, seat 33H). Check in was smooth at the new Heathrow T5. I had a bicycle with me and that was simple to do at the airport. Not taken one with me anywhere before so was dreading it getting damaged or lost, but it arrived at my final destination all good. I did want to order the extra bag online as you get 20% discount when you check-in, but the website wasn't working the night before and then when I got to the airport I had been allocated a seat and had to pay the full price for the extra bag which was £65, quite annoying. Luckily I had a fairly good seat on the plane. However, there was an idiot on board sitting behind causing a scene, but that's not the airlines fault. So the flight, food was terrible as always on BA, served an hour after take off, then only being served two more drinks for the next 9 hours until the second meal, I think in unacceptable in this day and age. Staff were pretty good to be fair. It was a slight improvement from I last did this journey last year, but still needs much improvement from BA. Perhaps the A380's will bring this. Good value for money (I did a DAR-LHR return for $1600 partnered with a JetStar flight), and I would do it again if there was a drastic difference in price from other airlines. The entertainment was pretty good, but not a huge selection, unlike other top airlines. It could of done with more TV for adults and more films.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2013 by J Bacallado    (Spain)

JED-LHR-MAD, for the first leg: check in ok, fast security and Passport, Access to lounge at Jeddah airport, which was fine, but not great. Boarding on time by bus, 767 club world seats with the fan divider between seats. Flight on time, comfortable and nice breakfast served short after departure. Crew this time not so great as inbound, just did their job. Sandwiches before arrival. Connection at LHR T5 is usually very easy and fast. Security took no more than 15 min, and short in to BA Galleries. Nice selection of food, drinks, newspapers. LHR-MAD A320, boarding on time, nice crew on this leg, very nice, interactive and friendly. Afternoon tea was served and bar. Arrival on time at MAD, bags shortly on belt. Very good product BA provides for Club World passengers.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2013 by M Golshan    (USA)

Flew BOS-LHR-AUH and then Riyadh-LHR-BOS in Club World. 3 of 4 legs in 747 upper deck 62 A, the other in the 777. The difference between upper deck and main and deck 62 A and any seat on main deck is just night and day. Upper deck private, lots of space, easy access to aisle, great service, lots of extra storage. Main deck club world crowded and cramped feeling. It will be a sad day when the 747 are all retired in BA for Club world travelers.

British Airways Customer review :  19 November 2013 by R Girvan    (UK)

LHR-BOS in Club World. Lounges at T5 and T5B fine but hot food only put out after 18.00. This doesn't allow enough time for those that want to eat before boarding the BA239 at 19.15. B777-300 full and the crew struggled to cope with the 56 passengers in Club. No offer to take coats, no pre flight drinks/newspapers. Food was poor, starter good but tiny, main course small, overcooked and certainly not what you would expect in a premium cabin. Second meal service was 3 tiny finger sandwiches left in the packet plonked on a plate. Unacceptable. The inflight entertainment on the new 777s is great and was certainly the highlight of the trip. The biggest let down by far was the crew. I appreciate it can be difficult to service a full cabin but a smile and a little enthusiasm goes a long way, instead they were glum, unresponsive and distinctly disinterested. I don't consider myself a fussy passenger (I fly as often at the back of the plane as I do at the front) but being barked at "What are you having dinner?" is uncalled for and rude. Incidentally I was also initially served both the wrong starter and main and there was no apology, it was simply changed with a huff. A real disappointment as I usually look forward to Club.

British Airways Customer review :  19 November 2013 by Stephen Willetts    (Korea)

The biggest selling point of this flight is that it was direct ICN-LHR which is usually prohibitively expensive. The flight to London was full which Is a major negative of the club world cabin which feels very cramped when more than 70% full. The seat is comfortable but quite annoying to negotiate when accessing the aisle. I enjoy the privacy of the window seat but clambering over the person behind you is quite tiring on a long flight especially steadying yourself on the back of someone else's seat which must be very annoying for them but standing leaps are beyond me. The food was fine but sit in the lower numbers as they tend to run out very quickly on menu items, staff should be trained to be more professional and less Saturday night in Blackpool. Flights out of London tend to be better than into London, wish I knew why. Have decided the transfer through Doha or dubai more worth the price of business class. Club world not really a premium product.

British Airways Customer review :  18 November 2013 by Alan Roper    (UK)

LHR-DME, 747-400. Great flight with excellent staff. Return from St Petersburg - LHR, A320 fantastic staff. A pleasure once again to fly BA, looking forward to flying them again.

British Airways Customer review :  18 November 2013 by G Hawkins    (UK)

Flew LHR-JFK on 747-400. I am glad I paid extra for seats in upper deck which made both journeys very quiet and comfortable. The window seat has advantage of extra storage bins but you must be athletic to get out when aisle passenger has seat extended. Being able to have dinner on in the lounge of the way back for the overnight flight meant I got 4 hours undisturbed sleep which is a rarity. Seats accommodated my 6" 3" height very comfortably. Both flights arrived on time although there was a slight delay getting to the terminal at LHR as another aircraft was late leaving the air-bridge.

British Airways Customer review :  18 November 2013 by J Bacallado    (Spain)

LHR-RUH, Day flight on a 747, upper deck. On the downside, old plane, dirty seat, IFE not working. Pros: at the airport everything works perfect, fast check in and security check. Galleries perfect to rest and nice food, wifi and service. Boarding on time and well done, no lines for business. Once on board great crew, magnificent service. Food getting better from previous experiences. Seat comfortable. Manage good rest. Arrival on time. So except for the old plane, everything was perfect.

British Airways Customer review :  18 November 2013 by Daniel Floeckinger    (Austria)

LHR-MIA on their 747 upper deck 60A. Seat is comfortable but the separator between the seats is nasty. All extremely tight. Seats are in forward/backward looking configuration. Can not go back to my seat without jumping over the feet of another guest. Worst 747 I have ever seen. Interior is in very bad shape. Bathroom is worn out. Everywhere, there is dirt and stains. Never seen such a dirty Business class before. Cabin crew polite but do not respect your privacy. The privacy separator between the seats is constantly pushed down by cabin crew because they simply cant see if you are sleeping, reading or whatever. Seat is not full flat, even though BA advertises this. The backrest can not be lowered to full flat and stays in 20 degrees. Food was a disaster. The choice I made was not available, so I had to pick something else. This happened for starter and main course. Food presentation is poor. Food quality is fair. Taste is simply ugly. Most airlines I know offer better food in Economy than BA does in Business. No selection of coffee available. You get the odd brewed coffee like in Eco. Tea selection is basically a selection of Tea "bags". Not comparable to Emirates or Austrian who really celebrate this. Inflight entertainment is fair. The screen is small and everything else but sharp. You get sore eyes and a headache from looking at it for too long. Movie selection is ok. There are no other languages available other than English and some Indian with some Bollywood movies. Overall I would say that the flight was not worth the money. I spent 3.5K EUR and could have flown with whoever I wanted. BA was convenient from flight times but that's all. Have flown lots of C and F class. Was the worst one so far.

British Airways Customer review :  18 November 2013 by Mark Ashton    (UK)

My wife, son and I flew from Manchester via Heathrow to Milan Linate on 26th October and returned on 31st. On the return journey our flight from Milan landed at Terminal 5, Heathrow at 16.45 and we were due to leave for Manchester on a flight at 19.00. When we looked for the Manchester flight on the departure boards it did not exist. We then consulted the boarding cards we'd been issued with in Milan and discovered we were booked on the 20.05 flight to Manchester. Nothing had been said to us about this in Milan. In the event the 20.05 flight was also late and we arrived in Manchester late in the evening and hungry - my wife's mother had been waiting for us with a meal that was now overcooked. I was cross that British Airways had apparently cancelled our flight (they subsequently confirmed this) without notifying us, and that we had not been told when we checked in at Milan, so I contacted them to complain and ask for compensation. Of course they refused any compensation, and sent a standard patronising response which was supposedly an apology but didn't feel like one. As a matter of principle, I will now go out of my way not to fly BA if I have a choice.

British Airways Customer review :  15 November 2013 by C Gordon    (UK)

London - Luanda return. Coming back economy class was icy cold, it took me several hours once home to warm up my hands lower legs and feet - so core temperature had dropped while on the plane, Flights should not be damagingly cold. The food was awful, inedible chicken curry or pasta both directions. Breakfast is a strange little box of a roll yoghurt and various inedible bits and 1 cup of coffee. Seat Ok but lacking in legroom, just about manageable, though no space at all once person in front reclines their seat. Headphones poor - couldn't hear the film and gave up. These flights are pretty full and cheap flights to Luanda don't exist, but the food etc seems to be about cost cutting on a high revenue flight, and the seat pitch about packing in seats. It's mainly full of oil men going to/from Aberdeen. I wanted to try the direct flight to Luanda as its quicker, if a bit more expensive, but I think I'll use South African in future. At least the food will be edible and I think the seat pitch is a bit better. Plane lands at 5am, takes off about midnight and airport facilities close about 10.30, so no comfort there either. This does not feel like a premium airline, just premium prices. Helpful cabin staff though but you expect that on BA.

British Airways Customer review :  15 November 2013 by John Duffus    (Thailand)

HKG-LHR business class on the new A380 service. Seat 53A in the back row of the front upper deck cabin was extremely comfortable and quiet - like being in ones own private space and without the need to climb over another passenger to reach the aisle. Spotlessly clean, this was one of the best long haul flights for many years. Cabin staff were extremely friendly and efficient. Excellent IFE selection and I much prefer the reduced scale dinner service now offered. I also liked the extremely spacious washrooms at the front with lighting which varies in intensity so as not to annoy those sitting in the front row. Arrived almost ten minutes ahead of schedule despite a delayed departure from HKG. Sadly there was a 40-minute wait on arrival due to malfunctioning air bridges but that was no fault of BA. The flight itself was near perfect.

British Airways Customer review :  15 November 2013 by I Lancaster    (UK)

LHR-DEL, WT+, Nov 5. On time, FAs attentive, food decent (for airline). But I wanted to work, listening to some of BA's albums, so was disappointed that the audio part of the IFE didn't work. In fairness, when I reported this they re-booted to try and fix it, but to no avail. So then offered me a compensation voucher to spend on board on my next flight, that I would receive within 7 days - still waiting. Overall, I'd say the service was good but the hardware - a 747 - was tired and showing its age.

British Airways Customer review :  15 November 2013 by Nicholas Miles    (UK)

Gatwick to Colombo. Catering often bad (breakfasts can verge on the disgusting). Economy seats bad. Pilots great. Cabin crew generally good. Planes can be a bit old. An airline that looks a little worn at the edges.

British Airways Customer review :  14 November 2013 by B McCullough    (UK)

LHR-ALM London Heathrow to Almaty on old 767. The plane is old and the IFE does not have many options. Super friendly staff served drinks 15-30 minutes after take off with meals on tray tables 15 minutes later. Seat was comfortable. Breakfast unfortunately consisted of a chicken and rocket sandwich and a kitkat.

Earlier comments for BRITISH AIRWAYS have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).

© 1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.