British Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

British Airways
3.5 Star Rating: Good

British Airways Customer review :  27 April 2015 by Bob Motto    (UK)

Club Europe, LHR-AMS. The boarding process was a joke, we had to take the bus to our aircraft. In the boarding lounge they asked for all Club Europe and Gold and Silver to come forward and board the bus, then they let all of the remaining passengers board the bus which made priority boarding a total joke. They should follow the same process when flights land at a remote stand and have a separate bus just for use by Club Europe passengers, at least when departing Club Europe passengers would enjoy their priority boarding. I understand there is a need for on time departures but BA really need to ensure that where priority boarding is taking place their Club Passenger receive it.

British Airways Customer review :  25 April 2015 by Stephen Mordey    (UK)

BA 1321, Newcastle to Heathrow, 1/4/15. Check in at Newcastle was as always very fast and efficient. Once on board the cabin crew did a great job of welcoming everyone. A great crew offering old school BA charm at it's best and no small achievement considering the very early departure time. New and very "compact" seating which seems to be the new norm for economy class travel on short haul European flights. Flight arrived at T5 not quite on time as I remember but hey ho, not at all bad.

British Airways Customer review :  25 April 2015 by Smith Christine    (UK)

Flew Gatwick to Kingston 13/3/15 return 27/3/15, big disappointment, had to climb over strangers legs to leave seats. Not all options of food available if your at the end of the meal run. Need to pay to sit together, separated from my husband who was next to a nice bloke who was happy to move so we could sit together, BA did not even try to accommodate us. Not worth the money, Virgin far superior from their lounge to the flight. Will never travel BA long haul again be warned don't waste your money.

British Airways Customer review :  25 April 2015 by Stephen Mordey    (UK)

BA1326, Heathrow to Newcastle, 22/4/15. Checked in at T5 by an agent who should train some of the others. Very welcoming instantly struck up a conversation with me, this person was a credit to the company and a much needed one. The good experience ended there. Punctuality reared it's ugly head once more. I've recorded this repeatedly. Departure was delayed 45 minutes. Not the end of the world, but an inconvenience which happens so regularly I can pretty much count on it. It's a shame BA can't address these issues and get flights operating to schedule the majority of the time as other airlines are well able to. Once on board, BA is like a tale of two airlines. Some crews are excellent, others just lack professionalism and behave rather strangely at times. Possibly this may stem from the two tier or mixed fleet system. But whatever the issue may be crew quality and service is inconsistent. When we landed at Newcastle a crew member announced that the flight was only 30 minutes behind schedule! Well marvellous not in my opinion. Having just flown around the world on another airline which was able to operate twelve out of thirteen flights either on time or ahead of schedule, I have to say that I remain generally unimpressed.

British Airways Customer review :  25 April 2015 by Gary O'Neill    (UK)

Hong Kong to London in World. It was on the A380 - first time aboard and must say I was impressed. A much better experience than the Emirates A380. Great mood lighting, large windows. Nice to have a number of small cabins on both decks. Friendly service from the crew.

British Airways Customer review :  24 April 2015 by G Alexander    (Australia)

April 3 2015, Sydney-LHR. Staff were quite attentive and pleasant throughout both sectors. The cabin looked very new, was clean and comfortable. IFE was fine although not as good as CX. I was sitting in window seat facing backwards, which was fine. The seat, while sitting, is comfortable enough although quite narrow. There is little storage and it can be awkward getting in and out of the seat, especially when you are on the window. The problem was when the seat was in flat-bed mode. It is so narrow that you cannot turn. The seat buckles in the middle. As well, the passenger next to me would slam his table and TV monitor shut throughout the flight and because of the design the seat, you feel every movement. To get comfortable, I had to put the seat in more of a recline mode in order to sleep which defeats the whole purpose of a flat bed. As well, a fold down footstool completes the end of the bed, and it wasn't stable. BA are charging a premium for this seat and they squeeze 8 across (compared to 4 for CX). They are making a great deal out of this amount of real estate in the air. It is time for them to deliver an update. The only reason I took this fare was because of the great luggage offering (which I needed on this occasion - 96 kg) and the fact that I was flying back in First for no additional cost, which I will post about separately. So while I recommend this airline overall, it is more because the service and staff did compensate. Next time I fly business it will be CX again. The seat is a real let down.

British Airways Customer review :  24 April 2015 by Telli Ali    (Turkey)

15th Aug 2014, flight BA0272. Me and my 3 friends flew from SAN to LHR then to IST. Our check in and baggage processes took almost 2 hours to be completed. I wonder what would happen if we were not been there 5 hours before our flight. When they gave us our tickets, we saw that they put us all separately. They could not even manage to sit us together. When I was thinking how could this get worse, we missed our LHR-IST flight and waited in a queue for 3 hours to go to our hotel. While a clerk was trying to complete our check-in for 2 hours, another clerk next to her managed to complete half of the passengers processes and when we were boarding the plane, we learnt that the plane was overbooked and the other cl erk was offering 800 dollars per person and free accommodation for volunteer passengers to fly on the next plane.

British Airways Customer review :  24 April 2015 by G Alexander    (Australia)

April 15, LHR-Sydney (via Singapore). I flew First as part of a promotion for no additional cost with purchase of business seat on SYD-LHR leg. I really enjoyed the Concorde Room at Terminal 5, lovely meal, great service and very elegant space. In terms of the flight, the FA were very friendly and helpful on all legs. They went out of their way to make you feel special and a guest. Food was very good as was wine offering. Seat was comfortable and roomy, although there is a lot less storage then in CX Business Seat. In fact, while there is a lot of room, much of it really is not that useful. At night, FA did disappear for much of the time and didn't really come around (except once) to offer water/juice. Whereas on SQ economy, FA would check on you regularly throughout flight. While of course it is very special to fly First, next time I would be just as happy to fly CX Business which I think is really great value for money and the seats are just as, or maybe even more, comfortable. If I had paid full fare for this flight, I think I would have been questioning the value for money.

British Airways Customer review :  24 April 2015 by C Hadjinicolaou    (UK)

BA662, 31st March. BA662, 14th April. BA makes us think 'better quality'. However, the flight to and from Cyprus is now disappointing in terms of food offered. The duration is over 4 hours and it is not acceptable for them to offer 2 cold sandwiches.

British Airways Customer review :  24 April 2015 by Patrick Ferrall    (UK)

BA 730, LHR-GVA, 20 Apr 15. Are fooling no-one with their new Club Europe Business Class seats - they look nice - but are too close together providing extremely poor legroom! As a regular London to Geneva traveller I will go back to flying Swiss! The decision to change this is almost as bad as the stupid decision to have seats facing backwards in Club World where you have to face strangers and climb over others to get to your seat. If you can't fly First Class with BA choose another airline until they remedy these issues because their Business Class product is rubbish!

British Airways Customer review :  23 April 2015 by Chansoon Wanwisa    (Thailand)

BA0010, World Traveller, 4 Apr 2015. Bangkok-Heathrow (London). BA0009, World Traveller, 17 Apr 2015, Heathrow (London) - Bangkok. The check in staff were unhelpful and refused to check my luggage through, despite it being done on the first leg of my trip, I also met others on the same flight where this was allowed. The plane was old. The Cabin crew were professional, however compared to the middle eastern airlines the service wasnt nearly as good.

British Airways Customer review :  23 April 2015 by J Rose    (Australia)

LHR-BKK in Club on B777. Fourth long haul leg on BA in the last month and this was by far the best flight. That said, I still think the product is disappointing. I'm the camp that says the seats are highly uncomfortable. They are far too narrow as an average sized person still finds their arms draped across the arm rests while trying to sleep. You simply can't keep your arms by your side. As such, little to no sleep. IFE outdated and awful.

British Airways Customer review :  23 April 2015 by J Rose    (Australia)

LHR-AMS-LHR in Club Europe on A321. Nice service for a short hop. I think BA's Club Europe product is better than their long haul product. No flat beds but aircraft were in good condition, cabin crews professional, efficient and genuinely nice. Food was actually edible, with a cheese and charcuterie plate. Both flights delayed due to Heathrow congestion and Amsterdam weather but other than that a pretty good experience.

British Airways Customer review :  23 April 2015 by Alex Knisely    (UK)

LHR-PHL, BA067, 19th April. One of the features of a British Airways (BA) flight that attracted me in the past was the breadth of special-meal options. This until recently included a "seafood meal". Indeed, ten years ago, BA had fisherman's pie as an option in economy class, not just the horrible and relentless chicken-or-pasta - then they boasted of their support for the British fishing industry - no longer. Seafood meals are gone. Why? From a BA response: "I'd like to inform you that the meals have been removed due to the low volumes with many of our customers now choosing other options". Indeed. If no seafood meal exists, then there is no choice, there are no options. There is only, chicken-or-pasta. Really, what would it take to offer a "cold seafood meal", a tuna-fish salad and a bread roll? One more reason to choose BA is gone. One more reason to fly with a Middle Eastern airline, such as Etihad, who still care about service of a sort that BA has started to abandon.

British Airways Customer review :  21 April 2015 by Alastair Finch    (UK)

Flew BA1385/175, MAN-JFK. First flight full but smooth second flight on old but clean 747 with good leg room. Wifi and food good. Was just thinking as we were landing early what a good flight it had been when landing was aborted abruptly and we circled again, eventually the captain said that two warning lights had gone off but the problem appeared to be rectified his manner remained calm and the plane landed safely me and several around me were obviously very anxious.

British Airways Customer review :  20 April 2015 by Gursoy Metin    (Turkey)

17 April 2015, Airbus A320, Business, Heathrow to Lisbon. A total waste of money. The food was horrible. A couple of sandwiches and a lousy bread served with jam. There was no entertainment system, and the only difference I could find from economy was that the middle seat was empty, and a portable table was placed between the arm rests. The seat pitch was pathetic and could not even get a rest. I am very disappointed that I did not choose TAP instead of British.

British Airways Customer review :  20 April 2015 by F Mackirdy    (UK)

LHR to SYD on 1/3/15 and ACK to LHR on 14/3/15. After some poor reviews I was a little worries as to the quality and whether premium economy would be worth the extra cost. I have previously travelled down under with Cathay and Malaysian and wondered how BA would measure up. I was pleasantly surprised. Cabin on both planes was clean, staff mostly attentive (Hong Kong leg to Heathrow staff were worst of the 4 legs - ok but didn't seem overly interested in going the extra mile). As a taller person I appreciated the additional legroom and recline, although when passenger in front reclined it is tricky to get out of your seat. I had veggie meals which were generally tasty and as usual served prior to everyone else - i did have to remind staff on the last leg to offer me a drink when they served everyone else's meal. Film selection was excellent - travelling shortly after Oscar season meant most of the big nominated films were available! I will definitely pay for PE again on long-haul.

British Airways Customer review :  20 April 2015 by K Jona    (UK)

My experience on return BA flights to LHR to Tokyo Narita in April 2015 scores very low. I used to fly on Virgin Atlantic for the same journey on Business Class for the past 10 years so I have something to compare and the fare is always more or less the same between those 2 airlines. Conclusion is that you get far better value and service for money for the Business Class on Virgin was my impression. BA T5 lounge is very photogenic but the reality is quite 'basic' and cheap decor. Selection of food and beverages is limited. In the end, I got fed up so I left the lounge to get better food from Wetherspoons! Since I'm small both airlines seats are fine to get a good sleep. On BA you'd still have to pay to select your seat despite paying thousands of pounds! Also if you are in the middle aisle on BA, you are right next to a stranger which is awkward. BA gives out Elemis kits. Food: on BA, there is a 'fixed' options. For the dessert you have to choose either 'cake' or 'cheese'. Not both. Also not too different a menu from Economy class. BA's service felt extremely limited, they don't know your names, they just do the very minimum service. BA disappointed me.

British Airways Customer review :  20 April 2015 by R Vines    (UK)

My return flight from Heathrow to Bologna last week reminded me of how good BA is for short haul in economy. Even a two-hour delay because of technical problems on the outgoing flight did nothing to change that view. The pilot kept us up to date on what was happening. The crew were charming. OK, the snack of a sandwich on such flights is pretty basic, but the whole experience is so much more civilized than on budget airlines.

British Airways Customer review :  20 April 2015 by H Stewart    (UK)

Gatwick to Thessaloniki return. Outbound ok, not fantastic but certainly not bad. However where BA scored was on the return. At check-in the clerk was all prepared for my wife and I even though we were on separate bookings, including ready printed lounge passes with my guest pass stapled to her own. Maybe a little thing but it made a difference.

British Airways Customer review :  18 April 2015 by G Scholes    (UK)

DEL-LHR, BA 256. Seats 17AB downstairs in business class in B747-400 G-BNLY. The aircraft is an old lady now but the interior is well maintained. Her age was most noticeable looking at the in-flight screen. I have become used to the clarity of modern screens and the faded, dim and blurred old fashioned moving map and flight information screens are a relic of a distant past. I have made several long haul flights with BA in Business Class recently and have decided that I don't like the standard BA model business class seat. There is nowhere to put small items like glasses, pens, landing cards and so on. There is a drawer at floor level suitable for shoes and other items you will not want during the flight but to access it you need an upright seat and have to sit well forward to lean down to it. There is no foot rest integrated into the seat, one you can adjust to your own preferred level. At the front of the seat pod is a flap then can be lowered by getting out of the seat. It is not strong and so can not be used as a seat and is not an ottoman. Clunky and peculiar to BA, it is not a design feature that enhances the seat. Individual seats feel narrow and the window seat pod facing aft is accessed through a narrow entrance leading into a snug and very private space. Thoughts about coffins come to mind. When the passenger in the row behind has their seat flat their feet cross the entrance to yours and have to be stepped over to exit. Seat 17B was a poor choice. It is just aft of a set of catering cupboards that are frequently accessed during meal service and a washroom that seems to be in use almost continuously, with queues stretching past the seat after meals and before landing. On the good side the seats are well contoured and comfortably padded.

British Airways Customer review :  18 April 2015 by A Gurevich    (USA)

10 April 2015, Airbus A320, Business, Heathrow to Rome FCO. A total waste of money. The food was "tea", there was no entertainment system, and the only difference I could find from premium coach or regular coach was that the middle seat was empty, and a portable table was placed between the arm rests. As alcoholic beverages are provided for all classes, there's nothing to be gained there, the seat pitch was pathetic, and aside from having the middle seat empty, the only benefit to be had was boarding and de-planing first. Don't waste your money unless someone else is paying for it.

British Airways Customer review :  18 April 2015 by J McDonald    (UK)

Flew BA256 from Delhi to Heathrow - usual BA issues which have been repeated here many times. Firstly the First cabin was not clean (at all) with debris on the floor, food still in the seat - it's pretty pathetic when you have to spend 5 minutes cleaning your area when you board! The food - the food can only be described as truly awful! To be honest I would be complaining if I received this standard of food in economy - the starter was a watery, oily leek and potato soup and for the main two small lamb chops overdone in gravy with 6 tiny potatoes that deflated when pierced with a fork. I did not bother with desert! Afternoon tea served up (probably) the worst patisserie I have ever had the displeasure of tasting - completely inedible. The cabin crew were good and pleasant however I was not offered any bottled water for a 10 hour flight. It would seem to me that BA are a budget airline trying to do luxury and failing horribly. Surely management cannot be happy with their current standards but I am struggling to see any level of improvement (I take at least 1 first class international flight every year). Have flown BA for 15 years, will now be trying other airlines. The lounge (not run by BA but used by BA) at Delhi was very good indeed.

British Airways Customer review :  18 April 2015 by A Gurevich    (USA)

9 April 2015, BA 777, Business Class, Seattle, USA - Heathrow. Check-in easy, lounge good, boarding pleasant. Food quality was good, not excellent, but the film choice was great. Flat bed seats were comfortable enough. The breakfast was a little skimpy. The major downside was that for the money you pay for business class, you should not have to pay to choose a seat at booking. BA will let you choose seats 7 days in advance if you are a mileage plan 1st elevated tier or better member, but if not, then you have to wait until 24 hours ahead. Of course you can always fork over another $113 to pre-reserve a seat. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

British Airways Customer review :  17 April 2015 by Lynn Ryder    (UK)

We flew for the very first time on BA on 27/03/15 and returned 06/03/15. Our holiday to St Lucia from Gatwick was booked through Kuoni and we usually fly with Virgin Atlantic. We always upgrade with Virgin to Premium Economy, as you have a larger luggage allowance and the Premium Economy Experience with Virgin is very good. Therefore we booked BA World Traveller Plus, expecting the same degree of service. What a disappointment! I would not advise wasting your upgrade money. Apart from getting the larger luggage allowance, BA World Traveller Plus is almost exactly the same as World Traveller. The Service both ways was appalling! The seats were old and shabby and uncomfortable, we were only offered bar service once on a 8/9 Hour flight! We had to drink from plastic beakers, the staff seemed preoccupied with Business Class Customers and had no time for our section at all. On the way back, my Husband and myself were given seats 2 rows apart at check in without being told. We only noticed when we boarded the aircraft. On this length of flight, I was most upset we were apart as everyone sat near me were single travellers and Were asleep throughout the 9 hours. The seat back TVs are very small and my TV didn't work properly and I couldn't even watch anything. The aircraft was badly in need of an interior upgrade. We will never fly with BA again anywhere and will not recommend the experience to anyone.

British Airways Customer review :  17 April 2015 by H Geyer    (UK)

Substandard food in Business Class (London to Mauritius), arbitrary upgrade policy - as we could not afford Bus Class on return flight booked Premium Economy, we told that because we were Bus on way out we would get priority consideration on way back. Charging for Seat selection is a rip off, was separated from my wife on way out!

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2015 by Lyn Neil    (UK)

LGW to LAS, had a great trip out on 2/4/15, good food, IFE was fine for the daytime trip, wine was flowing. Trip made even better by an upgrade to PE on return journey, staff found out my partner and I got engaged, couldn't have been nicer. Everything great apart from the final leg to DUB, Gatwick didn't send our bags (even though we had a 6 hour layover) then preceded to keep us hanging in DUB for another 5 hours on the promise that they were on the next flight, and the next, ground staff of Aer Lingus were great too, would fly all again.

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2015 by P Lewis    (UK)

LHR-FRA in Club Europe. First part is not really a review, more a rant. I travel a lot for work, and always try to fly BA whenever possible and so am lucky enough to have a Gold card, So, for our annual vacation, I was looking forward to hopefully getting us all (wife plus 9 year old daughter) into the First Class lounge at LHR as a nice start to our holidays, sadly, the staff member on the door said no. - yes, I know you can only normally sign in 1 guest, but for my other 50+ flights a year I never sign in anyone! Still, no joy-computer said no. So I asked the guy behind me if he would mind signing my wife into the lounge at which pointthe staff member told him quite aggressively, 'that is not protocol'. We walked away having been made to feel like naughty kids. Rest of the trip was fine-In fact I would go as far as to say the flight was excellent-really friendly cabin crew who made us feel welcome and gave us a good start to the holidays. Actually, I would say this was BA at its best (having just seen them at their worst!). Score given here reflect the good service in the air (would give almost full marks if not for the ground staff behaviour).

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2015 by Williams Keith    (UK)

Travelled MAN-LHR-ATL and back. Boarding at MAN chaotic with queue in a corridor (probably not BA's fault). Delayed departure from LHR on a very full 777-200. Food and wine good but the Club World cabin is very cramped with very little space to put anything. I don't mind the back and front seating (I could look at my wife!) but the seat is narrow and not the most comfortable for sleeping. Very good, attentive crew. Wide variety of films/music on IFE. On return, the third party Lounge (Club at ATL) is much better than the Delta one. Full flight very similar to outbound but slightly early arrival at LHR was negated by the domestic flight being delayed by 90 minutes due to runway problems.

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2015 by D Russell    (UK)

BA0676, IST-LHR, Boeing 767. Euro Traveller cabin. Read the reviews and we pre booked exit row seats 27A/B, excellent choices. Leg room superb I'm 1.90m (6'3") tall and could stretch right out with a window too. Still an old 767 though with no personal entertainment or power. Appeared to have the newer seats which were OK, surprisingly the four hour flight passed quite quickly. Food was actually very good and the crew superb. Disappointing choice of alcohol though, no JD or Rum. Departed IST about twenty minutes late but were only ten minutes late into LHR. Well done BA better than the outward experience reviewed earlier.

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2015 by M Clay    (UK)

While I booked with BA I at first did not realise that they were putting me on a Vueling Airline but flying under a BA number. Quite clearly this airline is at the bottom of the bucket airlines in both service and comfort. As we were flying back from Barcelona to the UK having my knees wedged up against the seat in front only lasted a couple of hours. The food service, which you had to pay for was indifferent and very expensive. If you sat in the middle of the plane you just didn't get served. Probably the most worrying thing, besides the extremely poor English by cabin and flight crew was the cabin staff apparent indifference to seats being up right for landing, preventing some passengers taking their over head luggage down while in the air and on landing passengers up and around while the aircraft was moving. Perhaps UK bucket airlines are not so bad.

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2015 by J Rose    (Australia)

BA 208, MIA-LHR in Club. Leg four of a seven leg BA adventure. Another disappointment, which is becoming commonplace. As in leg one BKK-LHR, my pre-assigned business class seat that I had selected months before departure mysteriously vanished at the gate. In the end, BA needed the seat for a family to be seated together. All well and good mind you, but to have the audacity to charge passengers for these seats and give them away is absolutely disgraceful. As such my quiet, no traffic window seat on the upper deck was quickly relegated to a high traffic aisle seat on the main deck right near the lavatory and galley ensuring no sleep on the overnight flight. As a loyal OneWorld Emerald passenger I can honestly say BA really don't care about us in this (or any) regard. The CSD was sympathetic and kind, but nobody else seemed to care one bit. That hasn't happened to me on any other carrier for years, and has happened twice in the past few weeks on BA. Moral of the story: Never, ever pay BA for a pre-assigned seat as there is simply no guarantee you will get what you pay for. Moral of the story part 2: fly another carrier if you can, as it can't be much worse than BA.

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2015 by Hardy Linda    (UK)

British Airways could not care less, when they knew our flight from Leeds to Heathrow had been diverted. Some queued two hours for another flight, with two children, only to be told we had to go to Heathrow by coach, with no toilet. We had nothing to eat at the airport as no one knew what was happening. We finally got to Heathrow to be put up in a hotel and have a meal, so we could fly to Miami the next day. It was a total farce at Leeds, we lost a days holiday and with two children there was no consideration for them at all. We await our homeward journey on Monday and hopefully it will be a better trip back.

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2015 by B Harrison    (UK)

Travelled by Airbus 319 to Lyon and back to Heathrow. The new layout is very cramped. By reducing the legroom in Club Europe and removing one of the toilets at the rear they have crammed in 11 more seats. Seats 25A and B have no window as they are placed where the toilet used to be. They are adjacent to the door of the one remaining toilet. Not very pleasant. Expect long queues to use this one remaining lavatory. They also seem to have done away with the cooked breakfast on all European flights that start before 9.30am.

British Airways Customer review :  13 April 2015 by Richard Wilson    (UK)

LGW-SZG in business class. Not sure what the point is with the new reduced legroom Club Europe seats. OK breakfast, but was able to get breakfast in the lounge beforehand anyway. Only reason for going CE was because only £30 more than flexible economy ticket. If there was a big difference I wouldn't bother. Flight was on time.

British Airways Customer review :  13 April 2015 by J Gill    (UK)

Flew to Bangkok from London Heathrow on 13th March. First time I have ever flown with BA, normally fly long haul with Virgin but they don't fly to Bangkok. We were offered upgrades in the last few days for big discount but only on the flight out. World traveller plus was very good with fab leg room and comfy seats. Nice food too. Managed to sleep 5 hours in quiet cabin. But, if I had paid normal price then it was not worth the extra money as we found economy seats on the flight home were very comfy and good leg room. The plane was older 777 but not problem. very clean and the staff were attentive. I was nervous because of previous reviews but no need to be as we had a very enjoyable flight.

British Airways Customer review :  11 April 2015 by P Michaels    (UK)

LHR-JFK/IAD-LHR. Superb round trip (for a very fair price) in economy with BA. Flight out was an hour or so late taking off because of the weather, but was excellent once we got going. Fairly creaky 747 but the IFE was fine (good film selection) and the free booze flowed throughout. Great curry on the food front. Return was the real highlight, on a new A380 that had joined the fleet four weeks ago. Large TVs, even bigger selection of films/TV shows/games, and the usual good free food (shepherd's pie) and drink (red wine and beer). Comfy seats with plenty of leg room (and I'm over six foot). Service on both flights exemplary, and I have to say that I think BA have become a really class act.

British Airways Customer review :  9 April 2015 by S Stevenson    (Channel Islands)

I travelled from London to Jo'burg and back on the Airbus 380 and had mixed experiences. On the way out I was in Premium Economy and was pleasantly surprised by the spacious seat and window locker and slept well. The return in Business was a different matter. I was truly shocked by how many seats had been crammed in, the uncomfortable narrow seat, the lack of privacy and having to climb over passenger's feet to vacate my seat. All this at a premium price. Shocking. The cabin crew were faultless and were only too aware of passengers' views on the cabin! Never again.

British Airways Customer review :  11 April 2015 by A Bouzid    (UK)

Flew 30th March 2015, LHR-YVR return, with my school on a rugby tour (27 people). Seats were reasonably comfortable and they catered to my food requests of no pork well. Enjoyed it. But the IFE was absolutely horrendous and did not meet my expectations of British Airways- outdated movies with TV shows from 3 months before. Since we were flying on a Boeing 747-400, there were more seats per aisle but this made the cabin feel quite cramped. One recommendation for them - put fewer seats per aisle! Even though there were negatives flying outbound, I have to say the return was great. I had swapped seats with another boy who wanted to sit next to someone, so I sat in the extra legroom seats. IFE was far better and due to having the window seat, I was able to sleep for around 6 hours when I was awoke by the breakfast/snack which was decent. Food had no flavour and was quite spicy (Lentil masala) but still edible. Although my experience on BA84 was very enjoyable, I heard many of my companions had to move seats because of the not working IFE. One of my coaches had ordered orange juice, so the cabin crew gave it to him as they were serving but then the other one would take it away for some reason and in the end, they said they had none left. He had flown with Cathay Pacific to Manila the preceding week and he said that he had enjoyed that thoroughly. One of his worst experiences of air travel especially due to him being 6'4 and rather large. Overall a decent experience but just met my expectations. To improve British Airways need to start to be able to compete with other airlines like Singapore, Emirates, Etihad, Cathay Pacific and Qantas as there service and level of comfort has definitely taken over from BA.

British Airways Customer review :  11 April 2015 by Russell David    (UK)

Heathrow to Istanbul, flight BA0676 in club class. I should have guessed what I was going to get when I saw this service is operated on a Boeing 767. Business or club class is a total waste of money, same seat as in economy. No extra leg room or width no individual inflight entertainment and no seat power, it's horrendous you may just as well book euro traveller. Both seats had seen better days, the covers of which were in places falling apart. Food was only average too in my opinion. On the plus side of things the plane was, for its age (it was the oldest 767 BA has got) in surprisingly good order and the staff were friendly enough and the flight arrived only ten minutes late which is a result.

British Airways Customer review :  11 April 2015 by B Lakin    (UK)

LHR to Philadelphia but return from JFK. Booked Club World and upgraded to First with Avios. Great service as always in First and the Concorde room continues to excel.

British Airways Customer review :  9 April 2015 by Fang Jun    (China)

From Shanghai to London on 17 Mar. The whole trip was very good. The check in procedure was very quick. Boarding was finished very quickly. The cabin staff were helpful and friendly. The cabin was very quiet. The temperature was very appropriate. I did enjoy the flight. Meal was tasty, drinks were quite good .Luggage was not lost. I really can not expect more.

British Airways Customer review :  9 April 2015 by J Tydeman    (UK)

Flew Warsaw to Heathrow. Reasonable all round. Fairly nice sandwich and drinks. Crew were patient with some passengers who thought they were in an all inclusive hotel. Very busy flight. New seats are extremely cramped. Feels a bit Ryanair. Boarding a bit chaotic as didn't do by seat row. Baggage started coming off one carousel at Heathrow only to inexplicably move to a different one, without warning or announcement.

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2015 by M Coyle    (Ireland)

Return LHR-YVR, Boeing 747-400. I had been advised to fly BA but unfortunately I ended up very disappointed with the return leg. My seat was double booked so they eventually got me one but the entertainment system was not working! When I asked about it, she said it had not been working yesterday either. No other vacant seats in economy but there were loads in business class but would not upgrade me. 10hr flight with nothing. Definitely would not fly with them again.

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2015 by Egli Nicolaidou    (UK)

I usually have very positive experiences when flying BA. This time travelling on 30/03/15, LCA-LGW the staff could not have been any less interested in the comfort of the passengers. It was a 4.5 hour flight and were served the meal within the first 20minutes with nothing to do for the next 4 hours. There was no inflight entertainment. The staff did not offer any hot drinks and when I walked all the way to the end of the aircraft to ask about a hot drink was told no one was going round offering tea but if I wanted one I could go and get it from service area. The staff couldn't have looked any more disinterested in their passengers!

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2015 by R Simon    (Austria)

LGW-JER-LGW day trip on March 25, both flights in Economy, morning flight on Airbus 319, evening flight back on a 737-400 still featuring the more comfortable old seats. Both flights on-time or early. Excellent service for this short domestic hop. A breakfast sandwich and drinks were served in the morning, while crisps or biscuits and full bar service were offered on the evening flight back. FAs were excellent on both legs providing a good, efficient and friendly service on these short flights. Flying with hand baggage only, we used web check-in for both legs, which worked efficiently. Boarding procedures were unremarkable, which is good. BAs Terraces Lounge in LGW is fairly comfortable and spacious enough, although very busy in the morning. Acceptable cold breakfast choices and porridge as the only hot alternative. Drink choices were plentiful and of good quality. BAs Terraces Lounge in JER was more basic, but again comfortable. Again, various good quality drink alternatives, but just very limited food options (basic snacks such as crisps and hot soup). Overall an excellent domestic flight experience for Economy. Would be more than happy to do it again. (Oneworld Sapphire).

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2015 by Lilliam Washburn    (USA)

Booked a trip via American Airlines and my flight from London to Seattle was on BA. What a treat. I wish all my AA trips were done by BA. Great service, leg space, beautiful gates, airplanes. The 8.5 hr trip went by quickly. TV in every seat with plenty of great choices. Food was good and flight attendants were helpful and patient.

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2015 by Sylvia Goddard    (UK)

London Heathrow to Dubai return. This is a fairly regular trip for leisure purposes. Bought a PE ticket and used Avios to upgrade as is my usual habit. Prefer overnight flights but these recent ones were daylight. To be honest I only really choose Biz for the space and flatbed. I do always find the food to be good though. It was a 747 going and a 777 coming back. I find the BA service to only be average and functional. I was 'missed' for several things and gave up trying to find anyone for a cup of tea. Other airlines give a better service and provide a better product but so long as I upgrade with points and I can get a window seat I shall stick with it.

British Airways Customer review :  5 April 2015 by R Simon    (Austria)

VIE-LHR on March 24 and return LHR-VIE on March 30, both straight forward point to point midday flights, both flights in Economy on an Airbus A320 with a mixed fleet crew, both legs on-time or early.– An edible sandwich and drinks (full bar) were served on both legs. On the flight to London, FAs were not unpleasant, but not overly active except for the required meal service and duty free sales. However, additional drinks were handed out in the galley, if requested. On the flight back, a rather young crew was trying harder, but was - quite untypically for BA - rather robotic in their actions and announcements. Again, additional drinks were served, if requested. Both legs featured the new slim seats in the cabin with reduced legroom. I am really missing the older more comfortable BA seats. Flying with hand baggage only, we used web check-in for the first flight and the check in kiosk for the flight back. Both worked efficiently. Boarding procedures were unremarkable and pleasant. BA uses a shared lounge in VIE, which again was quite busy but not overcrowded. The Lounge as such is acceptable, but far from great with limited and lower quality offerings. Food and drink seem to be more or less the same in all lounges in VIE, including OS flagship lounge. BA’s Galleries Lounge in LHR T3 again a comfortable oasis of rest amid a busy airport. However, this time (breakfast time) the food offerings were quite basic and drink wise even basics such as orange juice or tomato juice were not available. Hopefully, just an off day. BA still uses T3 for its flights to VIE, which I consider a huge benefit over using T5, which looks nice, but tends to be a mess for passengers. Overall a good flight experience, although I have had much better crews on BA before. Still consider BA as one of the best options for Economy flights in Europe. (Oneworld Sapphire).

British Airways Customer review :  2 April 2015 by I Stevenson    (UK)

Flew LHR-IAD-LHR on new A380's, in new World Traveller Plus. Overall great service and experience with hard working and friendly crews both ways. New WTP product is great. Seats are a huge improvement, although 6 hours really is the limit on the overnight leg coming home for comfort. Food was good, including my partners Vegan meal. New IFE excellent and really like the upgraded noise cancelling headphones. Only 'extra' I would have liked would have been the option of a sparkling water or even wine as a pre take off drink. Have had the best and worst of BA over the years, but this was definitely BA as it should be.

British Airways Customer review :  2 April 2015 by A Storey    (USA)

LHR-DEL rtn. B747 both ways and definitely showing their age. Crew were excellent both ways. People may not like the yin/yang seating arrangement but it doesn't bother me. The screen goes up after takeoff and you are in your own space. Seat is still very comfortable. Wine list also good and especially the Rose offer alongside the champagne.

British Airways Customer review :  2 April 2015 by Michael Eidenschink    (Germany)

Very disappointing experience. Arrived at airport for a flight to Nice and learnt it was 1.5 hours late - with arriving aircraft nowhere in sight. Prior flight was boarding (also delayed) Having no luggage checked and seats available I thought I might get to Nice after all in time. No such luck. Whilst the flight continued to board for another 15 minutes I spent arguing with BA staff to even check whether they could get me on the flight. First class lounge staff refused to call the gate. All with "flight is finalized". In similar situations with other airlines (most notably Lufthansa) they always re-opened the flight and got me on. The only excuse was "it's the rules" (obviously BA). Staff in addition took calls whilst handling my - urgent - request further delaying the process. If I have a choice I will definitely use other airlines. In addition they have changed the seating in Europe to come more in line with Easyjet and Ryanair. At 6"4 very uncomfortable. Doesn't help to upgrade to Business: SAME seat. So you end up paying 300 pounds for a very predictable and unexciting food.

British Airways Customer review :  28 March 2015 by Tommy Desmet    (Belgium)

BRU-EWR via LHR and JFK-BRU via LHR on the return. All flights more or less on schedule. Terminal 5 in LHR is nice with a lot of sunlight making it very bright and airy looking. Cabin crew on all flights in general professional and giving a good service. Food and drinks ok. The seats are however very small and BA really needs to update their seating as soon as possible. The first flight from Brussels to London Heathrow had their updated European cabin, which offers better seats but a bit less legroom. Seating on the B747 is very old but still a bit more comfortable then the new B787 Dreamliner where the seats in economy are really too small and legroom just ok.

British Airways Customer review :  28 March 2015 by Christopher Willett    (UK)

23/3/2015, LHR-SIN, BA011, First. Awful from booking to completion of the flight. As a BA. Gold executive member at time of booking some 11 months ago booked this flight on the new A380, only to be told by BA in May 2014 the equipment had been changed to the extremely old 744 due to technical issues. Sold feeling a little let down secured seats 1a and 2a on the 744 these are the best of a bad bunch as to I wonder why BA squeezes 14 seats into such a small area where other airlines only fit 8 seats into the front sections of 744s'. At the beginning of March I checked the booking online only to find that we had been moved to row 5 in the middle, this was not acceptable. I called the BA gold line to object only to be given numerous contradicting excuses non of which were valid, whilst on the flight I found out that the passenger in 1a was a lifetime gold member so. I can only assume that rank has its privileges. Now onto the flight, arrogant staff with one exception, really poor food served at different times as we were in the middle which meant we had different staff attending to us. Plane interior shabby not surprised for a 20 plus year old plane along with the PA being inaudible, I felt this to be a safety issue and when mentioned I was ignored. I booked this flight for us a part of a special Far East holiday, I had high expectations of BA First which have not been met in anyway, what a total waste of money. Will now try to avoid flying BA in any of there classes once I have redeemed my Avios balance.

British Airways Customer review :  28 March 2015 by Bill Atkins    (UK)

LHR-PHL return. First only half full on both legs as Club not oversold. Very much better service than when full as crew have time to interact. BA really should consider cutting back the number of seats and sell a truly premium product like so many others have now chosen to do. Food disappointing as usual - much room for improvement here. Decent wines, but whites/champagne always warm on the return as kept unchilled during the turnaround. T5 experience fine both ways as mid-week and time of year not so busy. Lounges good and lounge staff friendly both LHR and PHL.

British Airways Customer review :  28 March 2015 by Chris Matthews    (UK)

This was the last flight in a One World around the world ticket. Buenos Aries to LHR, a 13 hour flight. I really didn't have any complaints about this flight, or BA, but against the other 7 airlines in 3 months it was pretty average. The FA's were helpful, the food was OK, the only really bad thing was the AVOD. Half a dozen new releases and a dozen or so older films. Likewise the album selection- pretty poor. The 777 was around 6 years old so maybe was due for an upgrade. To be fare I'm comparing BA against Emirates, so no contest really!

British Airways Customer review :  28 March 2015 by W Harris    (UK)

London Gatwick (LGW) to Lanzarote (ACE). We haven't flown BA for sometime, and to be honest we have no desire to fly with BA again anytime soon. The plane was an Airbus 320 and was just like a bus. Uncomfortable hard, very upright seats, not even sure you can recline them. We sat in row 11 and on both outward and inbound flights the cabin temperature was far to hot and stuffy, although it seemed to be an issue in just 4 rows as the front and back of the plane was much cooler. We both came off the return flight with bad headaches. The food was simply awful, thank goodness we ate a proper breakfast before boarding as the minuscule roll and wrap was hardly enough to feed a child, and on that topic the food was not suitable for a young toddler and there was no child option. The service was ok, nothing to complain about, very matter of fact and despite the previous comments the plane was clean etc. We flew the same route in October last year with a UK holiday airline and that was all round far more superior.

British Airways Customer review :  26 March 2015 by K Rahman    (India)

DEL-LHR-HAM in Business. The club world product feels really old now. The seats are narrow and not up to the standards of a world class airline. It was innovative when it came out, but now feels narrow, dated and not a match even to Air India which has modern flat seats on the Dreamliner. The food was OK, but nothing special. The service was also ok but lacked touches like smiles, hot towels. Amenity kits very cheap. The young Indian crew members on the Delhi route, noticeably better than the older London based British crew. The plane was an old and slightly grubby 747. Basically everything was mediocre if adequate. The overall impression was a product past it's prime from the 1990s. Old planes, old crew, old seats, old IFE, BA are losing ground not just to Emirates but also other European carriers like LH or AF. It feels like the 1970s and 1980s before BA transformed itself.

British Airways Customer review :  26 March 2015 by G O'Neill    (UK)

Day to trip to Hamburg booked the day before travel. Great value for money. Outbound flight was on refurbished A320. Great new cabin, comfortable seats - with enough legroom and great new lighting. On return was another A320 class - not refurbished. Definitely will be good once all are refitted.

British Airways Customer review :  26 March 2015 by C Goldhill    (UK)

I flew today from San Francisco to Heathrow Business Class and as always it's a delight flying with BA. Staff were helpful and polite - in fact they couldn't do enough for me. Seats were comfortable. Entertainment was OK and food was satisfactory. My only criticism is that on the outbound flight we were served lunch immediately on taking off but then had to wait neatly 7 hours for a light snack before landing. As I did not want to 'raid the larder' and eat fattening foods, I was left starving! I still find the overall experience with BA is far superior to any other airline.

British Airways Customer review :  25 March 2015 by G Sainty    (UK)

I have been a longstanding BA gold card holder and frequent business traveller. BA has now replaced all business class seats on short haul flights with seats so cramped that at 6'4" I could not sit without great discomfort. This shows complete contempt for BA's customers. I first encountered this on a round trip to Brussels. It will be Eurostar for me in the future and Air France, for which I also gave a gold card, on other short hauls. Is the management so confident of its customer base that it can give us less space than Easyjet offers?

British Airways Customer review :  25 March 2015 by R Beech    (UK)

LHR-LAX - A380 was excellent, a breath of fresh air in comparison to the typical tired planes of BA. Mixed fleet crew very friendly and enthusiastic. Food onboard was excellent, received my first choice and the club kitchen was stocked with a selection of delicious sweet and savoury snacks. The upper deck was excellent as it was very quiet and private with approx 20 seats in the forward section. Entertainment very good on a larger screen than found on 747/777. Cabin very clean and in general felt very fresh and new. The only gripe is still having to climb over the passenger seated in the aisle with the ying yang layout.

British Airways Customer review :  25 March 2015 by K Kirby    (UK)

We flew from LHR to Brussels and back on a reward flight which was very pleasant, even though it was a quick hop across the channel! Just about had time to enjoy the cream tea on the outbound flight. Quality of the tea drink was the best I've tasted in the sky. The champagne was very nice too. Business lounge at Brussels was very pleasant, and is to be recommended.

British Airways Customer review :  25 March 2015 by Clare Alan    (UK)

GRU-LHR, 15 March 2015. Returned to BA this last 3 flights solely due to Avios companion coupon but purchased this tkt. Bossy cabin crew in the like of BA as we remember its glory days. G&T always welcome but skimpy and only one and no nibbles! Wine was good this flight. South America routes still dogged with ageing 747 as opposed to Lufthansa's modern or upgraded fleet. Outbound from LHR my TV didn't work but they did credit me 3000 avios. Food okay but snacks for such a long flight poor. KLM and AF do it better.

British Airways Customer review :  25 March 2015 by C Watson    (Switzerland)

GVA-LGW-GVA, A319 out and A320 in. On time in both directions, staff were professional and polite. Sandwich out and a choice of snacks (crisps, biscuits or chocolate raisins) in as well as complementary drinks, including alcohol. Smooth through Geneva airport in and out; stuck in a 40-minute passport queue at LGW on the way in (not BA's fault of course) followed by a long walk around renovation work for the airport shuttle to the train station. This was a rare occasion where BA was cheaper than all of the competition on the route. On balance, I just don't think the BA experience is much better than the low-cost competition unless you fly to Heathrow, where Terminal 5 is much nicer than Gatwick. Although the food and drink is free, the choice is quite limited (e.g. no British beer, no option to buy something substantial if you're hungry and the snack was a bit stingy on the way back). I thought we might get newspapers but we didn't. On balance, it was perfectly fine but I wouldn't pay the extra for BA - I'd actually rather have the choice, friendliness and flexibility you get with easyJet.

British Airways Customer review :  23 March 2015 by Sharma Anita    (India)

Having heard so many negative reviews of BA, I still mustered the courage to book to trip to Chicago and SFO. To begin with, when I reached Mumbai airport with our online check in printouts 4 hours before scheduled departure I was pleasantly surprised to see the BA staff ready to check in the baggage. We were thru checked in up to Chicago with a 5 hour halt at LHR. London Heathrow Terminal 5 is chaotic to say the least, the security taking forever (in our case 45 min) to clear the hand baggage gave us some 3 hours before we boarded our Chicago flight which was comfortable. Our next connection from Chicago to SFO on AA was a bit messy as the cabin space was full and last minute check-in of hand baggage was enforced. Then for our SFO-LHR-DEL flight, the SFO-LHR got delayed but again check-in was pleasant and though the connection time between two flights was 80 minutes, because of the delay we had a margin of only 35 minutes. When we requested the flight purser to let us disembark before anyone else, he said "why did you take this connection, even if you make it somehow, your baggage wont" - so much for assistance! Even after disembarking last of all, we were met by the BA representative at the gate who took us thru the fast track channel and we made it to the flight in a record 20 minutes. All went well except for one tiny hitch, one piece of baggage never made it to our next flight.

British Airways Customer review :  20 March 2015 by D Corderoy    (UK)

Comfortable seats and plenty of space but the food was poor and the in-flight entertainment system was rubbish. The screens were small and the picture quality terrible. I liked that fact that the cabin crew were more mature people but the service was far from attentive. This is the first time I have flown with BA for over 15 years and I will try and avoid it in future. I have had much better flights with other airlines.

British Airways Customer review :  20 March 2015 by J Tydeman    (UK)

Flew to and from Punta Cana from Gatwick. Two good flights. Orderly check-in. Great crew. Food mostly quite good although if a salad is going to comprise a few lettuce leaves and a chopped up tomato, frankly don't bother. Flights pretty much on time. Both very busy. Breakfast on arrival in London was poor too. IFE is horrendously behind competitors. Really dire. Ran out of options after about half an hour. Some airlines offer thousands of films and programmes. The crew are the best part of BA as the seats and catering are not up to much. Check in was excellent at both ends. There was a minor system glitch at Punta Cana which meant a short delay but a member off staff came through the queue to keep us all informed. Top notch.

British Airways Customer review :  20 March 2015 by Malcolm Shortt    (Cyprus)

We travelled CUN-LGW, 11 March and it's the last time we will ever travel Business class with BA. No lounge facilities at Cancun, only a voucher offered for use in departure area food outlets. On board, usual gymnastics to get in and out of seats, ran out of food choices for dinner, limited choice for breakfast, tea served in a cup without saucer. Cabin staff excessively noisy in galley throughout flight. Better value in cattle class.

British Airways Customer review :  19 March 2015 by Karen James    (Australia)

Due to a health issue I chose to fly business class from Sydney to Singapore, Singapore to Heathrow, Heathrow to Mykonos and then returned BA15, 6th October. I was seated in the same seat 16k both ways. My main problem was that by the time they got to me for each meal time whatever I had chosen off the menu they had run out of or there had been a mistake and they didn't have the meals that were on the menu. Often I would have to call out to them for a drink as they seemed to forget that there was another seat. In the morning because I am diabetic I had to go to the front and ask for something to eat which was hard as most people where sleeping and I didn't want to disturb anyone.

British Airways Customer review :  19 March 2015 by Milan Zelcevic    (Canada)

YYZ-DXB via LHR. Outbound flight YYZ-LHR was delayed by an hour. Good thing they sent a text message well ahead of time. Boarding was quick and efficient, in flight entertainment (IFE) was superb with plenty of very good choices, latest releases. Probably the best I've seen in Economy class. Service was ok, normal. B777 was great - I'm 6ft 4in, so I asked for bulkhead seats. I ordered a special meal and it was ready for all four sections of my journey. LHR-DXB portion all good (B747). On the way back, DXB-LHR was great (B777) - I took the 3.20pm outbound flight right after my business was completed (as opposed to taking those 1-2am flights that are offered by other air carriers). LHR-YYZ flew on the new Dreamliner 787. I was not too impressed with the seat configuration and space. To me the 777 was more comfortable. All in all I was pleased with BA's service and comfort.

British Airways Customer review :  18 March 2015 by D J Downing    (UK)

British Airways business class is outclassed by rivals. The lay out of the seats needs sorting - I do not expect people to step over me when I have my seat extended in order to get out of their seating area. The inflight food was poor. Drinks were offered occasionally - 3/4 times on a ten hour flight - slightly warm coffee - ran out of ice. The idea that you have a selection of food to choose from in the business class galley was a joke. Non business class passengers used business class toilet and then helped themselves to the food. Inflight entertainment very poor. The terrace lounge at Gatwick is outdated - no hot food apart from porridge (we checked in at 9.00am), a few pieces of cold toast plus the usual cold meats and cheese. Booking business class with British Airways is definitely not worth the money.

British Airways Customer review :  18 March 2015 by J Bryant    (UK)

I have to admit to not being a fan of the BA Club World (Business Class) configuration but this is what our travel agent came up with for our direct flight. Seating you head to toe allows them to get in 8 seats across compared to their competitors normal 7. On my flight, 11 rows this gave them 11 extra seats, good for the bean counters but can cause problems for the passengers. On my flight from MLE to LGW, 10 hrs 35 minutes I was in 11B facing forward, and in the bed position my feet were on a drop down stool fixed to the back of 10B. The passenger in 10A, facing back had to step over my legs to exit their seat and kicked me a number of times as they did this during the long flight. It is illegal to drink alcohol in the airport in Male and so after take off I was looking forward to a cold lager. The drinks trolley came but all the beer, including the lager was warm. The FA said that they had no means of cooling the lager on board. I cannot drink warm lager and I am not a spirit drinker and so went without. I settled down to watch a film but my entertainment system would work for about 15 minutes and then shut itself down. No entertainment system and I then found that some of the adjustment buttons on the seat did not appear to be working, so it was either sitting up or lying down and risk being kicked. There were 2 meal services on the flight. The first one was OK, but when it came to the second one when they got to me, last row in the cabin they had run out of food and all they could offer me was a salad. Not the best flight in the world and when we arrived at LGW all the economy bags came off first and the Club bags with "priority" tags attached, came off last. I have been in correspondence with BA and Customer Relations has stated "You traveled in the cabin you originally booked. However, the meals we serve and our in-flight entertainment system is complimentary and not included in our fare. The BA website has a description of this service which includes: 1) Extensive Flight Entertainment System. 2) Seat Converts to 4 key positions. 3) Choice of light meal or four course dining. BA claimed to be "The Worlds Favorite Airline". They are not mine. They also clam "To Fly, To Serve". Well, as they say, they did fly me from MLE to LGW bt I am not quite sure where the service came in.

British Airways Customer review :  18 March 2015 by J Gonzaga    (UK)

Club Europe from LHR to Frankfurt RTN. Outbound flight was great, A320 with new seats which are very comfortable, great food and a good service. Aircraft on the return leg was a very old A319, rather dirty and quite shabby looking inside, however purser working Club Europe was outstanding.

British Airways Customer review :  18 March 2015 by Garry McMinigal    (UK)

Travelled back from Cape Town on 28th February 2015. Booked seats beforehand to make sure that we had front row seats, only to get on the plane and discover contrary to what the webview had displayed we were bang smack in the middle of a row of seat! Complained to BA and told that, the maps you can see on ba.com are representative of the seats on board flights and that they cannot guarantee your seat will be exactly as shown on our website, as the configuration can vary depending on the aircraft you're travelling on. What a total rip off! The seats were extremely cramped, our inflight entertainment system keep failing. Once the food had been dished out and tidied away, the flight attended disappeared completely and absolutely no water or drinks were offered until we were about two hours from landing! BA need to get their act together and invest in better aircraft's. Clapped out 747s - even first class looked shoddy!

British Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Clive V Drake    (UK)

LHR-PISA-LHR. I have a house in Tuscany so fly there often. I used to fly a certain yellow/blue/white budget carrier from Stansted but got fed up at being treated like an inconvenience and, that, the FA's consistently spoke poor English. As a Silver card holder my wife and I enjoyed a nice breakfast in the lounge. It was not busy. We were seated in the exit rows, which I selected before we left. It was better than the Club Europe space I had last month - which is why I bought economy as opposed to Club, which I feel represents very poor value. The plane was a nice new A320 with the new seats. It was spotless. We had a nice snack on both flights + a few Gin and Tonics for me ! (the wife was driving on arrival) The FAs were great. Friendly and treated us like customers - not like cattle. Funnily enough both flights pushed back early and arrived early. Flight home was a bit rough due to high winds around Pisa - and a re-assuring comment over the PA system was a thoughtful touch to nervous flyers - my wife included. All in all BA at its best. They either getting it right or spectacularly wrong. There never appears to be anything in the middle. Am flying again with them in 4 weeks time and look forward to it.

British Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 by A Crow    (UK)

Flew to Bangkok with Thai Airways who were lovely to fly with, great choice of food and good leg room. We were expecting at least the same level of comfort and service with BA. The leg room is terrible and only an hour after take off the lady in front put her chair in full recline and made the space in front of me so claustrophobic, I couldn't see the TV screen as it was so close to my face, as well as having to sit at an awkward position as I have long legs and couldn't put them out in front of me. So uncomfortable. The food was dire, with cheap pasta or minuscule fish with more rice After a fortnight of eating rice, it would have been nice to have something different. Does BA actually read and take notice of these negative reviews, are we wasting our time?

British Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 by S M Chapman    (UK)

My partner and I booked a long weekend break with BA in NYC including flights from Manchester and accommodation - we deliberately selected the BA flight option for the round trip to save having to change terminals at London Heathrow. When I booked us in online 24 hours before travel we discovered that our long haul flights had been changed to American Airlines (5th to 9th March). This meant we had to change terminals T5 to T3, with very little time following our flight from Manchester - even with the priority transfer notes it was a very close call and very stressful - not helped by the fact that we got held up trying to leave T5 due to a closed door! The flight with AA was OK but the food on both the outward and return legs was disgusting and not at all what we expected. The BA web site allowed me to book the arrival transfer but refused to allow me to book the return so I had to organise that myself! I have rated the travel experience Questions 7 & 8 based on the American Airlines flights to and from NYC. The BA flights from Manchester to Heathrow were great. We also struggled with the AA website when trying to check in for our return flights.

British Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Susie Brownings    (UK)

LGW-TFS-LGW seat pitch and comfort were good. The snack was perfectly adequate but the bar service was diabolical. My husband asked for a beer which was bordering on warm. I asked for a Bacardi and diet coke, was advised had run out of Bacardi (bearing in mind we were one of the first to be served). I settled for a white wine, which was tepid, had to add ice to it. Further into the flight, my husband asked for a second beer, he was told that they had to save the beers for the return flight. Our crew were all slightly older, they were obviously very experienced to the point of doing everything automatically but not actually listening to the passengers. On our return flight we received almost the same service, only allowed one can of beer and no Bacardi. Very disappointing, we wanted to relax and celebrate our anniversary with an inflight drink. The return crew were slightly more attentive but the good old BA customer service was missing.

British Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 by R Tomkins    (UK)

First time in reduced leg room Club Europe. Don't bother, no different to economy, both colleague and I sat with legs splayed jammed into seat in front. Save your money, fly in the back and spend considerable savings on a better hotel, better holiday or whatever. Good crew and food though.

British Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 by C Cutts    (UK)

LHR-SOF-LHR seat 1A on an upgraded A320 in both directions, check in at T5 quick and the galleries lounge was fine as always. Departed on time a breakfast served by a pretty nice crew, not that much room really for business class appears to be getting less. Return check in quick although security at Sofia very slow and the lounge is not worth using!! flight delayed around an hour due to weather but once away a decent meal served by yet another nice crew, landed around 30 min late on a remote stand but bags on the belt by the time I reached it.

British Airways Customer review :  9 March 2015 by Desmond Whelan    (Ireland)

I travel world-wide, mostly on business and in Business Class. I don't think I have ever had a flight with BA that wasn't without an issue. Recently, and not for the first time, I checked in to find that Club Class had been over sold. So lets call it what it is.. Greed, it's a disgusting practice. The planes are usually dirty and if you get "Bumped" down to Economy the food is awful, while the Cabin crew are mostly helpful and friendly, you don't see them apart from meal time, even when you use the call button, where do they go and what and what are they doing?

British Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 by I Gowon    (UK)

This is not reflective of BA in general, only this particular flight. I flew LHR-ABV on Saturday 7th March. This was the Friday 6th flight that had to be rescheduled due to technical issues. Now, if anyone is familiar with this route you will know that service onboard is sometimes not as consistent as say the transatlantic routes. Considering that the flight had been delayed 23 hours, one would have though that cabin crew would have been more attentive. This is not to say they were in any way unprofessional, they were just in a hurry to give you a drink and your meal. There after you barely saw them! Duty Free sped through the cabin faster than Usian Bolt, and landing and immigration cards were handed out just before landing. I was part way through completing mine when I heard the "Cabin Crew 10 minutes to landing" announcement! The seat I was sat in had a broken IFE screen hinge and would swing back to the closed position. Fortunately the cabin was not full, which is a first for this route! Sadly the seat I then chose also had an IFE issue too - a minor one but annoying nonetheless. Third time lucky, and hussar! I must add that the choice of films were rather poor too. The food, would have been good, save what was on the main menu. It was a choice of Chickpea Tagine, Chicken, and African Stew. Which region of Africa did that stew pertain to be from, lord knows. Anyway, I opted for the chicken. I must say I was supremely underwhelmed. It was nothing short of a "school dinner": flavourless and unappetising.

British Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Panos Anastasopoulos    (UK)

BA085, LHR to YVR, 10/03/15. Narrow seats without much legroom, food acceptable but nothing special. Upgrade not an option due to restrictions of avios programme. Overall not happy.

British Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Angie Kirkpatrick    (UK)

London to Budapest and back in Club class. First leg not too bad apart from ridiculously narrow seat, which is exactly the same as economy seat, but a spare one in between. Usually seats are moved so that they are wider with a narrow seat in the middle. The return was terrible. BA do not pay for Cub Europe travellers to use Fast Track at security - disgraceful, especially as it is particularly slow and inefficient. The lounge is mediocre at best. Absolutely not worth paying for Club. BA need to get a grip on their falling standards and increased prices.

British Airways Customer review :  9 March 2015 by Richard Lightbody    (UK)

I flew from LHR to SIN; the aircraft was a Boeing 747-400 which was tired and old. The IFE had to be re-booted and the system was not yet up to date like on other BA aircraft. The seating cover on my Club World seat kept coming off, the aircraft seemed very tired. The food again was at a good standard and the crew were helpful. I always fly BA and I love the Boeing 747 but unfortunately the 747 have to go at some point.

British Airways Customer review :  9 March 2015 by C Cutts    (UK)

LHR-SOF-LHR, 27th Feb/2nd Mar, Seat A1 on an A320 in both directions, check in at T5 quick used the BA Galleries South lounge which was good as ever. Boarding on time as was departure and arrival, new business seats on both aircraft which were comfortable enough. Food (Breakfast) and crew on outbound very good, bags waiting once through immigration in Sofia. Return check in quick although security check was so slow, the lounge in Sofia is dreadfully dull with no facilities food or drinks, passengers would be better of using the general airport facilities! Departure was almost an hour late as was arrival due to weather at Heathrow; otherwise crew were great as was the lunch served.

British Airways Customer review :  9 March 2015 by R Hanstock    (UK)

I took a flight from Gatwick to Barcelona. Although it had a BA flight number, it was operated by Vueling, and that meant I couldn't use the BA lounge despite my silver Executive Club membership. I didn't choose Vueling, I was under the impression I had chosen BA and would get the BA perks just the same. There was no in flight entertainment (hence 1/5 - it should be 0 of course).

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by E Giraud    (France)

Heathrow - Mexico and Cancun - Gatwick in economy. Entertainment fine, food ok, spacious seats, nice crew and excellent landing. I shall fly again with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by C Patterson    (UK)

We flew with BA on 6th February to Goa - had three flights in all starting at Manchester. On our outbound journey we were upgraded to Premium Economy which was fantastic! Very comfortable, food was much nicer. On our way back we were in economy. As a family of 4 we were split only by an aisle but it is much nicer to all sit together. Our youngest was awfully sick, I think as a result of turbulence as well as sleep deprivation. Bless the steward who cleaned it up. However we were sat for 10 hours with the after effects! Nothing anyone could have done, however. Staff always very friendly and nothing seems to be any trouble. Would certainly fly again with them but this next time the prices have rocketed. Not as much room in the economy and when seats are reclined there's little room. The passenger in front kept putting her hands over the back of her head rest, which then covered my TV screen - I had to keep moving them off. Just one bit of advice for the stewards - make sure during meal times you are vigilant in ensuring that passengers put their seats up!

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by David Graham    (UK)

Flew LHR-JFK-LHR in February and enjoyed excellent service on both sectors. I used AVIOS points for these flights and had booked in World Traveller Plus. From the moment I boarded at LHR terminal 5. I was addressed by name throughout the flight. (I have a BA Executive Club Silver Card.) The cabin crew couldn't have been more friendly, yet discreet. Offered a glass of champagne, extra wine and post dinner drinks. I was given a very warm welcome. On the return from JFK I was surprised, and pleased, to have been given an upgrade to Club World, in spite of travelling on a Reward Flight. This meant I was able to use the pre-flight supper in the JFK lounge, which is so much better than eating during the flight, so I was able to maximise sleep. I couldn't have been more pleased with the service I received on both legs. When BA gets it right, it is in a class of its own; friendly, personal yet very unobtrusive service.

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Robin Middleton    (UK)

Recently flew to EZE and back from LHR. Longest flight on the BA network. In each direction, the crew were brilliant, and nothing was too much trouble. IFE rather dated, and choices were only average. Food was ok, better than last year on this route. Actually had a very tasty steak out of EZE, which was pink, great! But full English breakfast is best avoided, the continental choice was excellent. On schedule both ways, and landed 30 minutes early both ways. Baggage arrived very promptly. For once there were no long queues at EZE. (Buenos Aires). I fly this route perhaps twice a year, 3 years ago, it was all pretty diabolical, but despite cutbacks crew all seem much more friendly, and the food is slowly improving. No other direct flights from LHR.

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by C Drake    (UK)

LHR-Washington in Club World. My disappointment continues with BA on the A380 Club World seat. In theory being the flagship plane - it should have the flagship Business class seat. As a regular traveller with BA I know the "Club" product well and this seat is a lot more cramped than the older 777 product. What BA risk when they downsize a product is insulting the regular traveller whom, WILL notice, and take offence and fly with someone else. Its a bit like the BA First product, this used to have caviar on the JFK route and silver plated cutlery and Krug champagne. Now they don't. I notice because I used to experience it. Meanwhile prices have shot up - and quality has shot downwards. Very disappointing.

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Allan Simpson    (UK)

Flight was cancelled with no explanation. No offer of help whilst having to stay the 2 extra days in Thailand. My flight from Bangkok to Heathrow was horrendous. Travelled World Traveller plus which is a total waste of money. We were served a meal within the first couple of hours of the 12 hour 35 minute flight. I was offered beef or Fish. It was actually Chicken. Apart from a tub of Ice Cream the next meal was not for another 8/9 hours. When the meal did arrive it was Pasta or Chicken. I asked for chicken. It was Fish! It was also vile. Sent it back. Judging back the food going up and down the aisle so did several others. I went to the back of the cabin for a cup if tea. I was advised if I wanted more tea could I retain the paper cup as they were running out!!! It was like being on some 3rd World airline. This is BA. Supposedly the flagship airline of our country. It's an absolute disgrace. I have flown for over 40 years and never again with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Brad Basler    (USA)

Flew from SFO to Milan via Heathrow on 2/14, returned 2/21. Outbound was rescheduled due to changes requested by my company's business partner in Milan. This was the third reschedule, and BA charged 433.40, 533.90, and 275.00 successively on a basic $1822.00 economy flight. No other airline does this in my experience. Incredibly, my travel agency could not reserve me a window seat ahead of time - unless I paid an extra $53.00 for each flight. I did so, but was given an aisle seat on the outbound flight anyway. Both overseas legs were on 747s that were extremely cramped for someone over 6 ft. tall. On the way out, my antiquated in-flight display did not work. On the way back, my headphone jack was broken. We left Heathrow 90 minutes late due to a computer glitch but for the next 12 hours the BA website indicated on time arrival, so my wife waited two hours extra at SFO. Overall, a very poor experience. I will avoid BA whenever possible.

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by C Childs    (UK)

My return flight from Cape Town to Heathrow, BA0042, 30/1/15 was a miserable experience. My entertainment system was not available for three hours despite being told that it could easily be re-set. (No one was available to do it). When it did become available it was lights-out time and my seat would not recline. It was not possible to focus on the screen with the reclined seat in front at such close quarters. Two stewardesses thought the seat belt was preventing the seat from reclining but when this was not the reason no one else came to investigate. No one seemed to care that I needed to stand for long periods to relieve my back. Being polite and patient did me no good. I have several questions. How often are the seats serviced? Why is the entertainment system so unreliable? How often are the seat belts checked because mine kept slipping? Customer Services want me to chose BA in the future but as they ignored addressing these issues when I wrote to them, I have too many doubts.

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by M Cooper    (USA)

British Airways general onboard services in First are generally acceptable. However, the airline refuses to acknowledge that premium ground services should be added for paid First class passengers. Ground services such as special assistance for transfers that are so widely available on other carriers for their First class passengers are sorely lacking at BA (ex. Lufthansa First Class terminal and transfers at FRA and others). Even as a Gold Executive Club top tier member, there is nothing available - even when I call and request assistance on long-haul First flights (ex. LHR to HKG) that involve changes in planes between T3 and T5 at LHR. BA needs to wake up and examine the overall First product. The upgrades to the First cabin are also marginal. Packing 14 narrow (even on new A380s) seats in First puts the airline at a huge disadvantage to other OneWorld carriers who have a true First product (ex. Cathay has 8 true suites in First). Wake up BA - your premium fare paying customers are irate over this lack of First product amenities, including full ground support (especially upon special request) for paying First passengers.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by B Starkey    (UK)

Flew BA2043, Gatwick to Male in World Traveller Plus. Plane a Boeing 777 which was very old and thus the entertainment screen was small. The main dissatisfaction was the food - going out it was the worst that we had ever had in long haul and coming back it was not much better. The choices ran out when the cabin crew got to me (comment someone has to be last and unfortunately it is you sir). I finally got my choice when the Captain gave up his first choice! Other airlines, particularly middle east and far east based do a much better job.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by N Ingram    (UK)

Returning from St Vincent late on LIAT Airways, we landed in Barbados at 1750 for the 1755 flight to Gatwick. The BA and Virgin flights to Gatwick were still on the Tarmac. All Virgin passengers were quickly met by a representative and sent through to the flight. BA customers had to fend for themselves and therefore missed the flight. That meant pleading for a seat on the 21.10 hrs flight. Not good customer relations. I should add the supervisor at check in was brilliant though.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Ian Sinclair    (UK)

LGW-AMS on Friday 13th. Flight delayed by almost an hour despite being informed in the lounge that everything was on time, reason provided by Captain was late inbound aircraft. (this was my third late running BA flight in as many weeks). No apologies other than the rather matter of fact explanation from the flight deck, surly cabin crew who clearly wanted to be somewhere else other than looking after their guests on board. I have two more flights in the coming month with BA, rather regretting having booked with this carrier now.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by A Cogan    (Ireland)

Beyond Appalling. Flight delayed by ten minutes departing Rome to LHR. As a result one passenger decided he was going to miss his connection in LHR. He was allowed disembark thus leading to a delay in departure from Rome of over 1 hour 30 minutes. Consequent late arrival to LHR. Missed connecting flight. Abandoned in Heathrow at 10.30 on a Sunday night had to book new flights miss a day work find a hotel for the night. Ground staff of no use whatsoever. Staff totally unhelpful. Taking things to a logical conclusion what was to stop more passengers disembarking before departure thus delaying the flight ad infinitum. Correspondence/ contact with BA has been a joke since.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Louise Robinson    (UK)

I have always travelled BA and have recently been upgraded to bronze which I would have thought had a few perks? Wrong! My 15 year old son and I travelled from LHR-NYC on BA but it was a code-share with American Airlines. I couldn't check in online so we stood in the long queue and couldn't book an aisle seat either. BA at the airport apparently couldn't help because it was a code-share even though I had bought through BA! The flight was on time and seats a reasonable size. Coming back we flew from Washington Dulles airport - there was a snow storm and it was freezing. The plane which was an Airbus 380 was supposed to leave at 6.35pm and showing departing "on time" not until 6.15 pm on the 21st Feb. Then BA Announced a 20 min delay which sounded reasonable considering the weather outside and all the other planes were delayed or cancelled! We were all boarded on the plane when they announced the plane was too heavy to be pushed out and there was too much snow behind the plane so they called the snow ploughs! We sat on the plane for 6 hours with no food or refreshments except water! There was nowhere for us go apparently so we couldn't get off the plane. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that with all the snow and a huge airplane that there would be large problems. The final straw was after 5 hrs and the third attempt to move the plane was that we had to sit for another 45 mins defrosting the wings! British Airways were not prepared to cancel or reschedule the flight but instead made us sit like cattle on the airplane. It's a disgrace and we they will probably put it down to bad weather and not negligence, bad planning or bad management on their part! Time to look at a new airline to fly with.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by P Seligman    (India)

I fly BA business regularly between Delhi and London. I was surprised at how dirty the plane was - on 2 of my last three flights, my table was sticky, and the area around me stained. The food quality is generally pretty poor - especially on the Delhi to London leg. Also why not get some decent magazines - Country life, Decanter, the Economist, rather than a dull inflight magazine and a grubby copy of Hello! I residually like BA but they have to up their game.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by M Dawes    (UK)

Heathrow to Washington, A380, upper deck club world, return. Crew fantastic, aircraft clean, seats comfy, food excellent both ways. Cannot pick fault with anything apart from they advertise 50K as being a window seat when in fact you actually cannot see out of a window from this seat. I think it's time BA invested some money on the Gatwick club world cabins. The Heathrow product is 100 times better but the price difference does not reflect the difference in standard of service and product delivered.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by C M Sansom    (UK)

Recently travelled to Geneva return in economy from LGW, excellent flights on time and very comfortable on board the B737-436 (G-DOCW/G-DOCX). BA provide a nice complimentary breakfast on BA2736 and drinks and snack on the return BA2737 no hesitation to recommend.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Hugh Harkness    (UK)

BA 0058, Cape Town to London Heathrow, Seats 03A & 04A. Check in - Directed to Club World check in. One of our bags not labelled with First Priority label. A little annoying as on the way out all First luggage was the very last off the carousel. Boarding was via gate 2 and then through World Traveller Plus section. Again annoying as that happened with boarding and disembarking on the way out. Electrical problems with entertainment and lighting - resolved after two hours. No First amenity bags on board. No sleep suit offered as not on board either. Seat for buddy dining kept collapsing. As it was the 1st of the month new wine list available. After one glass of Mersault there was no more on board. Offered 2 of last months whites as an alternative. Butter at breakfast was rancid. Needn't have worried about the bag without the priority label. It came of before our other bags! Again First luggage came through long after most of the other classes of travel had cleared the baggage hall. We did disembark through door 1, however. Crew pleasant and apologetic. Why do we pay the extra? It's back to Club World for us. Time to start trying other airlines as well.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by S Jones    (UK)

Flew from LAX-LHR on BA's new A380. The crew are rightfully proud of their new aircraft and could not stop telling the passengers about its status. My seat was picked as 53K, Upper Deck. I couldn't believe how cramped it was for this long journey. The divider partition was covered in red wine stains from a previous trip and staff seemed nonchalant about cleanliness. The available width of BA's offering is a big disappointment. Whilst those socially awkward individuals might enjoy the clandestine surroundings, I for one do not favour the casket-feel of Club World. The A380 and 787 were a chance to hone the business class offering after much criticism. Execution of the flight was prompt and we pushed back on schedule. I fly a lot for work and am privileged to enjoy the premium cabins, but poor attention to detail and very slow service don't inspire a return to a specific carrier. One alcoholic drink was offered just after take off and then the all too familiar menu was wheeled out. BA's menu for this flight was identical to a return LHR-MIA-LHR leg I took back in early December. Lacklustre choices and the infamous warm chicken breast salad. Maybe I was tired and didn't endear myself, but it needs to be better. I recently flew the A380 with AF to LAX in Business and that was a role reversal! No limp and greasy bacon sandwich on AF either. LAX Teminal B a massive improvement over the years. From fast immigration to pleasant design, it's the leader in aspiring all US airports to improve their standards and get rid of carpet underfoot! Although, and in summary, is this solely enough in a demanding arena where those availing themselves of premium cabin experiences have quite the opposite.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Charles Berlin    (USA)

LHR-JFK. End of a One-World RTW trip. What a disappointment. After a mind-numbing trip through Flight Connections (BA to BA) and a 15 minute walk to the last gate on the B concourse only to get on a 12-15 minute bus ride, i was escorted to the F/C cabin which reminded me more of a rabbit warren than an airplane. The aisle was so narrow that it was impossible to put my carry-on bag in the overhead over my seat. Very claustrophobic. Seat was strange. Very narrow and difficult to sleep in - at least 6-7" narrower than the seats on CX or AA. Strange recline mechanism - normally, you can adjust the recline and the foot rest separately but not in here. The seat reclines in one motion so you can't "fine tune" it like with other airlines. Menu looked fantastic - apps were good, salad was nothing special and the main course (Indian style Lamb) was virtually inedible. Cheeses were good, desserts and wines OK. EVOD was not to the standards of the competition. Fewer movies and TV selections than either AA or CX. Crew was fine. Stick with AA/CX from now on.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Ray Desjardins    (UK)

Cabin crew polite, unfortunately BA ran out of chicken, ran out of wine, ran out of soft drinks. The food was awful. Inflight service was a disaster - did not work properly. 12 hours 20 mins flight, everything counts, obviously BA overlooked this. To be fair, all cabin crew were polite and accommodating. I will never fly again with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Gerry van de Linde    (Australia)

My wife and I travelled with our daughter and her 20 month old baby to London. We travelled in First Class. We did the same trip last year but without our daughter and her son. Naturally we were a little bit nervous about travelling with the baby but the staff were so accommodating, helpful and friendly that we had nothing to worry about. The staff on both legs were superb in every respect. The food was excellent and the First class sleeping pods were excellent in every respect. Comfortable, clean and well appointed. We will travel with British Airways every time, we could not fault them in any way. Just one minor thing that is no fault of British Airways. When they call the flight there is a dedicated boarding row for First Class passengers but it seemed that everyone was able to use this lane which means that we had to join the queue rather than just walk straight through. I know that this sounds rather pathetic, but surely if one is prepared to pay the additional fare one should be entitled to some form of privileges. We have travelled with British Airways on many occasions and each time we have had the same wonderful experiences.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by M Thompson    (USA)

Flew F class on the A380, IAD-LHR-IAD. IAD lounge was charming, great bar, nice Concorde dining room with good service, nice food and on my visit an excellent soup. Greeting staff very nice, and bartenders that knew how to do their job. Only the slightest downfall was in the Club Class section of the lounge the finger sandwiches were dry as sand and just as flavorful. Station Manager, Captain, and Inflight Crew were was kind and generous with their time. Food was decent, Champagne was great! IFS was strange and not easy to use but got help from FA's on both flights. Arrival at T5 was shocking. Like a heard of rabid bovine charging for the exits. Shoved like sardines into small trains with nothing to hold onto, everyone started to tumble. Processing through fast track however was a breeze. Return. F check in is at the far end of the terminal, agent at the counter had the personality of wall paper paste. Concorde Room staff were delightful, breakfast was nice, Massage was ok. Train to gate not nearly the terror it was on arrival. Boarding for First was a snap FA's top notch food ok. Arrival into IAD was as joyus as surgery with long walks, confusing machines, little help. Overall after reading so much negative about BA, I was at least made to feel special at every stop except check in at T5.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by John Ince    (UK)

On a recent flight from Johannesburg to London, I was shocked to find such cramped seating conditions in the World Traveller economy class section. Having not been able to secure an aisle seat (which would have made minimal difference anyway) I was allocated a middle seat of 3. Like many other men (and some women) I am over 6 ft. with long legs so the acute discomfort I experienced was manifest from the start of the flight to the end, about 10 hours. It was difficult to stretch my legs, and at times I had to stand in my seat to alleviate leg cramp. It also caused me considerable back pain. I did offer to swap seats with a lady in the adjacent aisle seat, but she was unwilling to do so, that was her prerogative. So it became necessary to disturb her on a number of occasions to take a walk along the aisles in order to alleviate leg cramps. The cabin staff were co-operative in allowing me to use one of their seats in order to stretch my legs, but had to return to mine during a period of turbulence. Reading very similar reviews, it does make me wonder if British Airways will bother take any notice or continue to treat their passengers (customers) in this appalling fashion. About 10 years ago I experienced an appalling flight from Buenos Aires to London via British Airways (albeit for different reasons) and swore I would never use them again. But I felt I would give them one more chance. What a mistake. The world's favourite airline - don't make me laugh.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Joseph Gallagher    (UK)

Heathrow to Boston on what was once called queen of the sky now grandmother of the sky. Went WTP on ancient 747 with tiny monitors with badly scratched screen and awful selection of movies and music. Food just OK but crew very good. Not worth the money better off in economy.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by D Sampayo    (UK)

The flight was to Dubai, we travelled on the 9.45pm outgoing and 3.20pm incoming to Heathrow. We travelled in economy, the seats were cramped and hard. It was freezing cold, so cold in fact passengers wore coats with a blankets on them as well. The food was awful, no choice whatsoever. I asked for a coffee because I was so cold but had to wait an hour and then had to ask again before I received it. The flight attendants on both flights did not look smart, appeared to want to perform there duties as quickly as possible without any care for the passengers wishes, so that they could stand and chat at back of flight and catch up with each other. We have had better flights on easyjet.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Carlos Blanco    (UK)

LHR-CDG return. The outbound flight was ok. Nothing special as always. The seats are the new fitted seats for European flight. The meal was abysmal compared to AF. The return flight was really annoying. One of the FA was rude. He looked bored and tired as it was the last flight of the day. He showed no interest in collecting the used cups. I know it was a short flight but it was just unacceptable. It's just a shame to see once a great airline is declining like that.

British Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 by Clive Drake    (UK)

LHR-Zurich. The trip got off to a good start as the North lounge was not to busy and this made the whole experience relaxing rather than an endurance test - which it is when it is busy. Had a nice early light lunch. The aircraft was a new A321. I like this plane. It was rammed end to end. The plane had the new Club Europe seats and it reminded me how well BA seem to be, in missing the opportunity, to develop a product that could be really high in quality - but isn't. Unless you are seated in row "1" - the leg room is appalling and the same as economy. As with the old C.E. seat - the centre seat between 3 seats - is a table. Quite why this is logical escapes me - because it seems to imply, that if it suits BA, they will at a whim seat three passengers and not two. This was a grand opportunity to stand out from the competition and clearly establish a comfortable - wide C.E. seat. At the same time justify the higher pricing. Its no wonder BA have very few - if any - Travel Industry awards in the services they provide. So frustrating. I had another light lunch and a couple of Gin and Tonics which was nice. The FAs were great. Flight left a few minutes late but we whizzed over to Zurich in 80 minutes which was great. The World's favourite airline? Try "The Worlds most frustrating airline!"

British Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 by G Campbell    (UK)

I flew club world from JHB to LHR on 21/01 on the 747. The flight experience overall was a good one. Sitting on the upper deck of 747 is definitely a must as its a fair bit quieter than the main deck. The check in was a breeze and the staff at the desk were very friendly, especially considering I was travelling with loads of luggage, bicycle etc. I didn't use the lounge as I know the one in JNB is not very good. The boarding took place on time and we were offered pre takeoff drinks soon after seating. Take off was a bit delayed but smooth non the less. The food leaves a lot to be desired on BA, I had the Salmon main course which was very bland. The up side, the champagne was perfectly chilled and the desert was yummy. The seat configuration is not the best as you are facing your neighbour. The seat in the lounging position is very comfy but is a bit narrow for sleeping, it's also a bit short for taller individuals such as myself. Arrival at T5 was very smooth as I used the fast track lane, from landing to climbing in the taxi was less than 30 min. I would definitely fly BA again but they do need to look into the quality of food and the seat configurations for future upgrades.

British Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 by V Pervaaz    (USA)

I have been a loyal customer for the last 10 years and have progressively seen the service, cleanliness, and interest in client satisfaction decline. I just came back from a NYC-LHR-Dubai trip and will not fly BA again. Several reasons: my seat in Business Class was noticeably filthy - crumbs on the seat and hair on my pillow. When I told the attendant, she just fluffed the pillow and walked away. I was hounded for not filling out the breakfast form in 5 minutes (the plane had not even taken off) and told that "I would not get breakfast". I was served raw chicken and when I expressed interest in another dish was told that all the other passengers had eaten and that there were no more dishes on the plane? The dish was taken away but no follow up or apologies - not even an extra bag of nuts to ensure that I was not hungry for the 7.5 hr flight. Perhaps the most disturbing part of traveling with BA is that the staff are unapologetically arrogant, disinterested and unapproachable and any response is as if they are doing you a favor. As a customer paying nearly 10,000 USD for a round trip ticket, I shouldn't be afraid to speak to staff and highlight a dirty seat or food that is not cooked. The seats on two of the legs were broken and my screen did not work on three of the legs. There are plenty of other first class carriers out there that I will now become a customer of.

British Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 by M Gents    (Netherlands)

Flew AMS-LHR-JFK return 26th Dec - 31st Dec. AMS-LHR-AMS on A321, the first thing you notice is the cabin interior. Although clearly an older bird, the new interior has a very comfortable and warm feel to it - yet also modern. Nice and comfy leather seats, leg room just sufficient for flight under say 2 hours. Service is as expected, a quick drink and some nuts (though a sandwich would be nice on a mid-morning flight). They are clearly matching their product with the competition on this route, as free newspapers where available upon boarding, contrary to the intercontinental stretch. LHR-JFK-LHR on B744, totally different experience. Transferring through T5 at LHR easy enough, although I got the feeling they like to control the passenger flow to the max - but hey this is the UK after all. Also BA advertise T5 as like it's one building - not the case. All this was acceptable until we found out we were being directed to a bus gate. They actually board a fully booked B744 through busses with one stairway and door available for the entire plane. Given all the 788's completely cold and dark occupying the airbridges, I felt this was totally unnecessary. Turned out to be a very dated 744 with mostly Club World and First seats, as the economy plus and economy consisted of only 2 cabin sections together, rest of the plane premium product. How to lose your premium clientele at warp speed. Prime example! Service on board was nice enough, food pretty ok and plenty of drinks to choose from. Seats dated and sometimes broken - my adjustable headrest would adjust, only to slide back down slowly, same problem on both sectors. IFE, well just bring your own tablet. So dated it's just not worth switching on. The cabin crew made the difference though, on all sectors they were welcoming, friendly yet professional and very helpful. Arriving early morning from JFK, of course, we parked at a hard stand. Waited our turn for 20+ minutes in a non ventilated cabin to get in the bus, with only one exit in use. BA, this is not acceptable. Disembarking a commuter plane up to 100 pax with buses, well ok. But a fully loaded 744? Come on.

British Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 by C Harper    (UK)

Out from LHR to JNB, on 14th Jan, flight BA55, check in poor, as we were e-tickets had nothing but passports and destination, never had a problem before, but was more like a quiz at a pub. Also advised that we would have to pick up our luggage at JNB and check in again at JNB for MUB so we wasted time looking for luggage which was being transferred. We have never liked the premium economy seats on BA but connections in JNB made it necessary to travel BA. Seats have plenty of knee room and general space is good but are far to hard, after a couple of hours my backside begins to suffer. Crew were good. As far as airline food goes it was reasonable. Return on BA56 on 29th Jan same problems on seats, also toilet nearest to our seats was out of order and without treading on people you have to walk to the end of the aircraft for an alternative, also when sitting in premium economy it is not possible to see toilet lights as all are behind you. When possible will always try to use Virgin Atlantic.

British Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 by H Wilson    (UK)

Flew from LHR to CAI, new years day, business class - was absolutely superb. Cabin staff were attentive and helpful, flight was on time, cabin spotless, food excellent, seats comfortable. My return flight economy again good, helpful attendants, food was fine, seats appropriate and clean. Even though the flight was at a time very high winds were present in UK the landing was skilfully executed, and for me as a nervous flyer, really I could not have asked for two better flights. I obtained online excellent prices for both flight prices relatively last minute too! No hesitation in flying BA at anytime.

British Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 by I Kroum    (Germany)

LHR-LAX-LHR, Economy. Both legs on lower deck of the A380, professional yet friendly service, plenty of drink runs between meal services. Seat comfort superior to LH and AF380s. Travelled with an elderly passenger, attentive gate staff allowed us to pre-board on both flights. Both flights arrived ahead of schedule. So far best transatlantic experience on an A380.

British Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 by G Guy    (Australia)

Sydney to Singapore return, late Jan/early Feb 2015. The economy seats were relatively comfortable, but could be a bit softer. The away leg (BA16) was quite good, except for the meal which was barely edible. The flight back had a much improved meal, but the entertainment system had repeated issues, and had to be restarted about 4 times. Another problem with the return leg (BA15) is that, if you get on the plane in Singapore and not in London, by the time online check-in is open for you, there are almost no seats to choose from. I wanted a window seat and had not a single window to choose from at the moment the online check-in opened for me. Service on both flights was good. I was feeling a bit dehydrated and asked for plenty of water on the return flight and had no problems at all. All the staff was nice and accommodating.

British Airways Customer review :  6 February 2015 by R Simpson    (Australia)

My wife and I flew business class, LHR-HKG, 23/1/15 on a 777-200 seats 11 E&F. Check-in was ok once it got started, this took several minutes as the woman at the counter was chatting with 2 friends. The lounge was good overall if a bit crowded and over heated. There was snack type offerings until 6.30pm when hot food was supplied, This was very well cooked and presented, the Thai green curry was excellent, so compliments to the chef. Boarding was on time and efficient unlike our previous BA experience at HKG. We found the middle seats on this plane a bit cramped but comfortable for sleeping. The inflight food was very good, I had a chicken and rice dish, my wife had braised beef which she says was excellent, I do think dessert and cheese should be offered. Unlike our last BA flight 5 weeks ago the crew on this flight were excellent, friendly and attentive. The IFE selection is fair but the screen is square and is small compared to that on the A380 (and very small compared to CX). Thanks to the FA's we had a very enjoyable trip. We would fly BA again but only if the price was very competitive, the staffing inconsistencies worry me some what, this is really a management issue and should be addressed, if it were the BA brand would be more competitive.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by P Carter    (UK)

LGW-ACF-LGW (Club Europe) On both flights we had very good cabin staff, infact the purser was the same on both flights and he was very efficient and very friendly, as were both stewardesses. The food was very good too, lovely and hot, large portions of chicken/beef tasty, liked the choices given so we were very happy. The new seat configuration on the Airbus we did not like, we were in row 8 then 6 and they were fine but I'd not like to be in the first row, right by the door and noticeably colder (stood right by the row queuing for the loo) and there is no bulkhead any more so it's a very small open space between the first row of seats, the loo and the galley! I'm only 5 ft 2 tall and very slim build and I found the loo cramped, looking around I couldn't see how 1/3 of the passengers would fit in it and I don't mean they were all way overweight, it is very small and slanting roof. A tall and big built person would not be happy! I gave inflight entertainment 1 as obviously they don't exist on short haul flights. The seats were far too upright and therefore uncomfortable, you could only recline them a bit or otherwise the poor person behind you wouldn't have had any space and I kept sliding forward on mine. The leg rest has gone too, so I had nothing to stop me moving forward and the space between rows felt a lot reduced.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Daniel MacDonald    (UK)

Miami to Heathrow on 23rd January 2015. Very old 747 with old style interior in economy. A real disappointment after a series of long haul flights in the new cabin. This really needs replaced. Anyone who has not flown with BA before would leave with a terrible impression. Seats worn, cramped and many falling apart, with outdated IFE. Food and drinks service usual good standard though. Please BA, get rid of this old interior once and for all. It really lets your airline down and does nothing for the passenger experience.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by P Ellis    (UK)

We travelled BA in Business class, LHR to Vegas before Xmas, and returned to LHR from San Diego in January. Business Class travel is a rare treat for us, and I can't understand why BA persevere with this unique forwards/backwards facing seating layout. To sit for 11 hours face to face with a stranger is awful, as is the lack of space created by the curved partition between the seats. The cabin crew were great, food was below average, and the inflight entertainment system abysmal: poor choice and terrible picture quality. Outbound we were upstairs on a 747, there were two attendants assisting only 16 passengers, and they did a good job and kept the two toilets clean. Given these circumstances, this flight experience should have been fantastic. However, given the negatives detailed above, I would classify it as just about average. We returned on a 777, and my negative feelings are sadly the same, other than we were stuck on the plane for 40 mins on landing awaiting buses to disembark.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by J Gerwin    (USA)

Flew Business Class DEN-LHR-AUH-MCT-LHR-DEN. Flight crew excellent as always. Food was pretty decent for airplane food. Seat was comfortable and certainly better than sitting in the back of the plane. However, we think this configuration is a failed experiment by BA. Eight seats across is too many for Business Class. The seats were too narrow. The backward facing seats are disconcerting for two reasons: If you are traveling with a spouse or friend, and neither likes to face backwards, you can't sit together. Secondly, when the divider is down, you stare at a stranger 15 inches away. Hope BA reverts to the old style one day.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by A Pascale    (USA)

Flew back from Milan LIN on Jan 4th. Because of "mist" (the pilot's actual characterization) most flights that morning had been delayed/canceled in/out of LHR. No delay info given at check-in nor at gate. Upon boarding the captain informed us that because of "mist" we were being held on the ground for 2 hours. My connecting flight to SFO was 2.5 hrs after landing in LHR. Flight attendant assured me most flights were being delayed, therefore mine to SFO most likely too. Upon landing in LHR a sea of canceled/delayed lost souls. I was immediately told I was forced to miss my connection because my flight to SFO was on time. I was forced to join the longest line I've ever seen for rebooking. It never moved. We were told another set of rebooking desks were available upstairs "and faster". Crossing the border control took just as long. Upstairs it took me 5 hours just to get closer to the desks, but still at least a couple hours away. I finally managed to join the free wifi and call BA's office to get rebooked online. I was rebooked on a flight from SFO to LHR. The wrong way around. When I pointed out the obvious the agent told me there was a "computer glitch" and promised to call me back. She finally called me back and got rebooked on AA flights to JFK and to SFO from there. The next morning at the AA check in they could not check me in on the JFK-SFO because of "issues with the BA ticket". It took 90 minutes and multiple interactions with 3 different desks to get it solved. I nearly missed the flight to JFK too. My suitcase was never loaded on that flight and I didn't get it at JFK. It took me 5 days to get my suitcase back. I will never fly British Airways again.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by J Clark    (UK)

Flew LHR-MIA in WT+. Seats 13E and 13F on 747. It was very comfortable for a day flight and after a light meal I managed to get around 5 hours of sleep. Recline is good and leg room ok for a person of my height, 5ft 10in. Food was ok and would have liked to eat my partners sticky toffee pudding because mine went down too well! We were off the plane first at MIA before First and club which was rather nifty. Good experience.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Charles Green    (UK)

Return flight from LHR T5 to Washington Dulles (IAD) in Club World. Check in was fine, even if the layout of the T5 check-in area isn't the most intuitive. Security was efficient. However, the BA lounge was overcrowded and noisy, with minimal service and only basic comforts. Outbound flight on the A380. Boarding was rather chaotic, due to the gate area being too small for such a large passenger compliment, but the flight did push back on-time. The Club World cabin on the upper deck could best be described as grey and functional. It was reasonably clean if not spotless, but despite being a relatively new aircraft it did feel slightly shabby already. The Club World seat, which was forward facing and on the aisle, was comfortable enough. The entertainment screen was rather small and the choice of movies wasn't terribly extensive but everything apart from the in-seat USB power socket was working. The general layout of the cabin was terrible. Not only do window seat and middle row passengers have to step over the legs of aisle seat passengers to get to and from their seats, but when the privacy screen between seats is lowered for take-off, landing and during meal services you find yourself staring rather disconcertingly close up into your neighbours face. It makes everything feel cramped and cheap. Meals were fine and the crew were polite and efficient. Overall I'd rate the outbound experience as 'Okay' for a business class flight. Return flight experience was far from okay. My flight, departing IAD at 10.20 pm was cancelled 6 hours prior to departure due to mechanical issues. Told that there were no Club World seats on the earlier flight out of IAD that night, which I could just about make at a push, and I would have to fly back in Economy. When I asked about the BA flight from Baltimore (BWI) an hour later I was told that yes, there were Club World seats available that evening, so I asked to be rebooked onto that flight instead. Arriving at BWI check-in I was informed that unfortunately there actually weren't any Club World seats available and I would have to fly back in World Traveller Plus. The flight from BWI to LHR T5 was on a rather old 767. The cabin interior was dated, shabby and cramped, with minimal overhead luggage storage. World Traveller Plus seats were cramped and uncomfortable with tiny entertainment screens. In-flight food was bland. The crew were efficient but not terribly friendly. Flight left and arrived on time. As a UK passport holder Immigration at T5 was quick. Baggage reclaim took longer, but bags arrived within five minutes of reaching the baggage hall.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by J Bacallado    (Spain)

MAD-LHR-JED, club world 777-200. The overall product still good but need some update on aircraft and seat desing. Sometimes the window seat can fell a bit narrow, with no extra space for your personals. On the other hand, good service, fast connection at LHR, great lounge, FA nice and attentive. IFE good choice of movies, nice food (not great). Will fly them again.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Tracy Elliott    (Australia)

Flew SYD-SIN-SYD and all in all can't complain. Service was excellent, food excellent, large wine choice. Seats weren't much different to other Business class seats we have experienced although I would suggest that couples don't choose window seats as they need to actually stand up and walk around to speak to their partner. Seats in centre are adjoining with a sliding screen between. Qantas first class lounge in Sydney was fantastic with full restaurant service. Singapore lounge very comfortable with plenty of seats. Would definitely fly BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by J Clark    (UK)

Flew MIA-LHR in First. Seats 5a and 5k. This was my first time in BA first and I was really impressed. From the moment my boyfriend and I walked up to check in, to the moment we left the plane we were very well looked after. The food was nice and particularly enjoyed the "buddy dining". My gooseberry crumble went down well. I got around 2 hours sleep as the jet stream and storm that was hitting the North Eastern U.S made our flight very bumpy but also super fast. Flying time being little over 7 hours 20 mins. I must mention the cabin crew, who were very helpful and professional. We bought the seats in the sale and it was money well spent.

British Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by James Little    (UK)

Los Angeles (LAX) to London (LHR) in Club World. January 2015. Have not flown out of the Tom Bradley International Terminal at LAX for years, but it's now much improved. Check in and bag drop a breeze, as was security, and in the oneworld lounge in minutes. Good choice of food and drinks, and plenty of space. Short-ish walk to the gate, good welcome on board, and drinks served quickly. Couldn't fault any aspect of the experience, and we took off and landed on time, and managed a good five hours sleep out of the ten hours duration. Love the Arrivals Lounge at LHR. A civilising shower and 2nd breakfast sets you up for the day.

British Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by Niall Farnan    (UK)

Took a return trip to Dublin over Christmas and found BA to be extremely disappointing. My principal complaint is the dirt - the seats and floor area looked as if they had not been cleaned for many flights. Also at 5'8" I am not that tall but still found the seats cramped and uncomfortable.

British Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by John Wallace    (UK)

Travelled Business, A380, LHR-HK and returned on 777, BKK-LHR. Found T5 lounge great as usual, seats were fine, slept ok in the cabin. Food onboard was tasty and cabin crew professional but friendly. Wash bag was poor for Business, but hey it's not a deal braker. IFE was ok, touchscreen on both flights.

British Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by S Davison    (UK)

NCL-LHR-NCL. First flight to LHR was great with an informative Captain and friendly efficient staff on a refurbished A320. Cabin is really smart. Arrived into LHR early which is a pleasant change despite the enforced 'stacking' that happens to flights landing at Heathrow. Return flight was great too due to the Captain and crew, great service on a full flight however the A319 cabin was the old type and boy did it show! Overall a good experience with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by Derek Bavaird    (UK)

My wife and I flew to Barbados late November, I had pre booked seats online to and fro but on both occasions the seats were already occupied when we boarded, the flight attendants attitude towards this matter on the return journey was at best rude, unhelpful and indifferent. Asking for a drink was a complete siege after 2 hours into the flight they claim that they had run out of galley drink supplies. On our return trying to obtain a refund for the pre booked seats proved difficult. Overall B.A. has got to rank as one of the worst airlines to travel with, staff with generally poor and indifferent attitudes, penny pinching which is bordering on mean and poor legroom. Sad to say this B.A but Emirates and other airlines put our national airline to absolute shame.

British Airways Customer review :  23 January 2015 by G Tonge    (UK)

Flew BKK-LHR, was fearing the worst having read the reviews on here regarding the aisle seats where people have to step over you to get out. Relieved to say this didn't cause me any problems and I wasn't disturbed. Found the seat to be comfortable in both the upright and flat bed positions. Service from the cabin crew was adequately good. Food average. Entertainment system average.

British Airways Customer review :  23 January 2015 by A Ferguson    (Singapore)

LHR-SIN on A380. First Class Seat 1K. Crew unprofessional, most of the time forgot seat 1K existed with no welcome drink until 15 mins had passed, no water top up until I asked (3 times), forgot wine match with first course and everything handed out with "ok?" as a comment. New tasting menu was very good. Had a flight in business with CX a few days later and the food quality, crew and overall service was another league - far outshone BA. The BA First product is a waste of money and crew need a re-train.

British Airways Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Jack Whiteley    (UK)

London Gatwick to Mauritius, 27th December return 7th January. 777 Aircraft economy class. I never travel economy class so it was a bit of an eye opener particularly on a 12 hour flight. The seats are far too close together and quite uncomfortable. In the middle seat the drop down tray was broken. When the passenger in front put his seat back I couldn't use the tray and when I asked the stewardess to ask him to put it forward a bit she just shrugged and said nothing. Poor unfriendly service and absolute rubbish food. BA are miles behind the Far and Middle East airlines and still charging more. I have no idea why people use them.

British Airways Customer review :  23 January 2015 by P Brennan    (UK)

Bangkok to London Heathrow. 8 Sep 2014. On this flight British Airways stinted on everything. I don't mind a frugal airline as long as the fare is cheap. British Airways is not cheap. As soon as we were in the air the temperature plummeted. Everyone had their airline blankets over them. There were not enough stewards/stewardesses. Forty minutes before the welcome on board drink - and no small snack, not even a small packet of nuts. Seatback TV did not work in the section I was on, and the man next to me had to move to another seat. The seatbacks should be checked before the flight. However eventually they did work. A small number of films, TV shows I have never heard of, and no games option. First meal very frugal, second meal, no salad, and no bread roll. And creamers! Even for tea! Whatever the quality of the meal, serving creamers cancels out any pretence of quality. Snacks, we had to wait, and when they were available, there was a limited amount. British Airways even ran out of beer! BA hasa system of paying to book a certain seat, they don't miss a trick! I resent having to pay to book a certain seat. The flight was expensive, but it had a good time slot and no stopover. Never again.

British Airways Customer review :  23 January 2015 by D Rogers    (Ireland)

BA191, 19th Jan, London Heathrow to Austin. Legroom in economy is too small. I'm 6'2" and just don't fit. On a long haul flight recently I sat with my knees sticking out into the aisle and adjacent seat space for 10 hours.

British Airways Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Tony Vanovitch    (UK)

I returned from JFK last Friday morning, reasonable flight although delayed for an hour and a half. Main meal was okay but the breakfast was appalling a stale croissant with some jam. I paid good money for this flight. Really disappointed, quality is slipping away.

British Airways Customer review :  21 January 2015 by A Clarke    (Ireland)

DUB-LCY (BA 4467), got the flight on sale for a pretty good price. Great legroom on the E190 and comfortable seats, quick and hassle free boarding. Service was a bit slow but included a drink and a snack (enough for such a short flight of an hour) with the option for more if so desired. Would recommend. LCY is going to be my airport of choice when going to London in future, was sitting on the DLR 15 mins after landing and at my hotel 40 mins after disembarking and the trip on public transport was only £4.80 rather the excessive cost/time from other airports in the area.

British Airways Customer review :  21 January 2015 by David Ellis    (UK)

CPT-JNB-LHR. Excellent SLOW lounge at CPT with outstanding food and 'loos with a view'. Reasonable flight to JNB although 737 pretty tatty. BA Galleries lounge at JNB not a patch on SLOW lounge. 2/2 layout on 747 upper deck felt superior to 2/3/2 on A380 outward flight, particularly as less than 50% full. FAs pleasant and food service managed well. Food better than usual. IFE not as good as Emirates and screen inferior to Club World on A380. Flat- bed seats okay although narrow and hard.

British Airways Customer review :  21 January 2015 by C Legard    (UK)

Delhi to London in seat 2A, 747 aircraft. Very little difference between First and Business in comfort terms and the food was disgusting. Poor choice of entertainment. Only good thing I can remember was a nice white Burgundy but it was probably served in economy too. Will stick to business class in future for the airport fast tracking and lounges.

British Airways Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Tarazi Marwan    (UK)

Flying from LGW to MCO on a 772. Compared to last year the cabin was clean. Wide variety of food and beverages. Quality was good. BA is far behind a lot of airlines in business class. The seat is small if you are over 6 feet tall. Staff ok. They don't go out of their way. It seems that they are just doing their job. You don't see them between meals. They need to step up their game. I don't think BA is a 4 star airline. I would only recommend because of direct flight.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by P Herman    (UK)

Recently completed a round-trip LGW-Barcelona. Flying out I was in economy, a bit tight but service was very friendly. Only complaint would be that drinks took a long time to be served, in fact by the time they reached the back it was well past an hour into the flight and long after the sandwiches had been handed out. A second drinks or coffee/tea service would have been appreciated. Flew Club Europe on inbound (Jan 7, 13.40 flight) and although I'm not a seasoned business-class traveller, I thought it was impeccable for the modest premium paid. 737 had the old layout, so no complaints about seat comfort, not sure if I'd say the same with the newer seating arrangement from what I've read on this forum. Crew member serving the club cabin could not have been better - everything was served with the most gracious of smiles and the mood in the cabin was relaxed but convivial. Food and drinks very good and appropriate for time of day and length of flight. Miro Lounge in Barcelona top-notch. Will definitely try to book Club in the future.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by P Dean    (Australia)

London-Gatwick to Venice on 30 December 2014, everything went smoothly at check in, no problems, flight arrived safely. Info given during flight. No gluten free option given for snack during flight but got vegetarian option. Opted for a drink and own snack which I always have as stand by. Cabin crew seemed rushed but polite.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by K Hindle    (UK)

Just back from a fantastic 2.5 week trip to Thailand flying to and from Bangkok with BA on 777 aircraft. I definitely would choose another airline next time. We flew out on 31st December 2014 and the crew were surly and inattentive. Asking for a drink seemed as if it was really putting them out. One of the crew swore when communicating with her colleague during the drinks service within ear shot of us. Outbound they run out of the the meal choice for both very small meals by the time they reached us so we had to had the veggie option. For most of the flight the crew were camped in the galley at the back seemingly having a party with colleagues whether working or not so you felt it was a imposition to ask for water or snacks. My inflight entertainment system had streaks all across which couldn't be rubbed off making the movies very hard to see. Return flight crew on 16th Jan were much less surly but again conspicuous by their absence meaning you had to try and wade through the party at the back to try and get water or snacks during the flight. Two passengers were flicking raisins about the cabin onto other passengers which might have been spotted had the cabin crew had more of a presence. The inflight entertainment system had major issues which meant it didn't work on demand making it hard to plan viewing of movies. Again, 2 very small meals at the either end of a 13 hr flight with very limited options for snacks in between. One staff member said they had very little left then allowed a passenger to grab about 5 packets for herself. Tray table was broken in seat 27b also. The crew said as it was an early flight they knew we all wanted to sleep but the flight left just before midday so not what I call a night flight. I used to love flying BA as have always been impressed with their service in the past but now the planes and the crew seem tired and I am sorry to say neither my partner or I enjoyed the experience. Will look to EVA, Thai or one of the Middle Eastern airlines next time.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by W Brash    (UK)

My wife and I travelled from Manchester to Las Vegas via Heathrow. The flight from Manchester was delayed and then, on arrival at LHR, the boarding passes, which were fine at MAN, were no good at LHR. We had to queue for over 2 hours to get more printed. Others with the same problem missed their main flights! The staff at LHR are rude, jobsworth who take great pleasure in causing the maximum discomfort. The 747 seats on the LHR to LV flights were terrible, like small deck chairs. Any leg/knee movement from the person behind was felt, even with the pillow between me and the seat back. Compared with US Air the seats are much smaller and far more basic. Seating totally unsuitable for long haul flights. The entire cabin is extremely cramped, the aisles are so narrow, that anyone who is not slim, tends to bang into your seat, every time they pass. BA brought a whole new meaning to "cattle class" The cabin staff were efficient and professional, the food was fine. I am not a large person, certainly not overweight but I was badly cramped. I would never choose BA for a long haul flight again. We travel from Manchester to Las Vegas 2 or 3 times a year. BA is by far the worst carrier we have flown with, especially when you add in the extra costs for seat selection etc. Very Poor!

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by B Watts    (UK)

I have not travelled with BA for almost 7 years as a result of moving to Asia and using carriers like AF/SQ/Emirates. I flew Premium from LHR to MIA on a 747 and horrified to see that the Premium product has not changed in the last 10 years. BA have quite an ageing fleet now when compared to most European and Asian carriers and it really shows. The entertainment screen was absolutely tiny and the charging point is still that ridiculous adapter for which you have to pay an arm and a leg, so pleased I found mine from 7 years back! BA must go and have a look at the AF premium product for a wake up call. The food was okay, nothing to rave about and perfectly satisfactory, service onboard seems friendly and efficient however the state of the uniforms of some of the staff was shocking, not sure if its a case of poor quality material or lack of attention to appearances. I do remember the strap line "BA, the worlds favourite airline" but sadly they have slipped quite a long way back.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by R Franklin    (UK)

Cairo-LHR-SFO-LHR: Overall BA are suffering from a fleet which desperately needs replacing. The 747 to SFO must have been 20 odd years old and looked it. Ancient IFE with tiny screen, virtually inaudible sound and minuscule choice. Seats were ok, actually moderately comfortable for economy, staff better than they used to be. The flight from Cairo on a much newer Airbus A320 in a long haul configuration was much better. Big IFE screen, lots of movie choice, comfortable seat, charming cabin crew, shows what could be with a newer fleet. As a Brit, this itinerary was a rare chance to see what transferring through LHR is like, well, I just made my connection but why oh why have they designed such a massive T5 only to put a bottle neck of 5 or ten transfer desks for the tens of thousands changing planes every few hours? That transfer hall should be massive and full of staff, rather than anxious travellers fretting about missing their connection. If I were BA I would sort that or else keep losing transfers to Schiphol or CDG. Overall, I get the impression BA is living off the captive market London provides- hundreds of thousands of very rich people wanting long haul direct flying for which there is no competition. If there is ever global de-regulation BA's long haul business will go the way of short haul with Emirates playing easyJet's role this time.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by S Morley    (USA)

Washington (IAD) to Heathrow on Christmas Day, returning January 5th. I find myself nodding in agreement to many of the reviews written here by other passengers regarding the slippage in standards of BA, especially considering what they once were. Having arrived at Dulles in good time to check in, there were paper notices on the desk to say that check in would not open 'til 5.00 pm. Okay, it was Christmas Day, but all other carriers, both domestic and international, were open (the airport was busy), and I, along with other passengers, had to sit and wait for 1.5 hrs until staff arrived. The same was true of the lounge which, having made it through security, was not open 'til 6.30 pm. Again, the other airline lounges were open. Having eventually gained access, the lounge was great, and the bar and dinner service (I was on a sleeper flight) were very good with plentiful drinks and fine food. We boarded on time and my seat was upstairs on the A380. This aircraft is, of course, huge, but the Club World seat is, as many have noted, much less comfortable than the Boeing 777 or 747. It is narrower and, whilst okay for seating, very hard and difficult to find the right position for sleeping. BA seem to have missed a great opportunity here to do something really special along the lines of some of the Asian carriers. The crew were very good - friendly and attentive. Breakfast before we landed was very average. The bacon rolls were dried out and are always a challenge to eat. Yoghurt and fruit were the alternatives, which I went for. Check in for the return journey was lamentable at Heathrow Terminal 5. Dedicated Club World positions had queues around ten people deep, and moved terribly slowly. Not all the positions were open, and passengers were visibly irritated. The journey, other than the cramped seat issue again, was fine, with another good crew and food and drinks. I have always recommended BA to friends and would like to keep doing so, but feel that, especially given the high and rising cost of paying for Club these days, BA need to adopt a slightly less 'take' attitude and give a little more, especially when it comes to spending Avios, which they are very keen for one to accrue but reticent to allow one to use.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Derek Greenaway    (UK)

LGW-MLA. For some crazy reason I still fly British Airways and pay for Club Europe. Following this trip I have come to my senses. Apart from a Berlin trip already paid for in May, they can say goodbye to my business travel. This was an Airbus 320, previously owned by BMI. It was not difficult to work that out as it was still showing the BMI banner inside. The plane was never used for business. All the seats were a miserable 30 inch pitch. There was not even a curtain dividing club and economy. Just how BA think they are going to get away with this type of robbery for much longer I don't know. Unless there is an alternative carrier offering proper club facilities, then its low cost airlines for me around Europe.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by M Vermeire    (Belgium)

Miami to Brussels with a change at Heathrow terminal 5. Lounge in Miami was ok, ample choice of spirits but very basic champagne. Food: lots of cold cuts, cheeses and some pastries. Plane: rather dated 747 and not very clean. FA's very courteous and extremely friendly - great choice of very good champagnes, wines and spirits. Where BA fails: the poor quality of the food - extremely basic without any luxury items - not acceptable at all for a First product - IFE just ok. Seat kk - FA gave assistance for the sleeping position. Connecting flight to Brussels: I was informed by the - once again very friendly and courteous FA - that BA did cancel the fruit platter as a special meal. Is fruit also too expensive? Will move to other companies for long distance flights.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Worcester David    (UK)

LHR-HKG-LHR in First. A brief trip to celebrate New Year in Honkers. Pleasant First class check in, average Fast Track and warm welcome in the Concorde Room. Escorted to a table for 3. Excellent meal and service. My salmon tartare was nice enough and the Lamb was very tender, rounded off by a sticky toffee and date pudding which was good, but next time, more clotted cream please. I enjoyed a couple of glasses of champagne and a nice pinot noir. Boarded at C64, escorted to my seat after a very warm personal welcome. Champagne, slippers, pj's and an amenity kit proffered. Crew seem excellent. They will also bring us home on New Year's day. After take off, drinks (bloody mary for me) and an amuse-bouche. My friends indulged in a full meal but I just had the Cauliflower Soup which was very tasty. My friend's Profiteroles looked yummy. The crew were very attentive to us all. After being taken on a tour of the 777 by Kim, I slept for 4 hours or so before indulging in a full English. Got changed before landing. An excellent flight with an excellent crew. Coming home. After a pleasant supper in the Qantas lounge, we were escorted to the front of the queue and welcomed on board by our, now familiar crew,. Champagne settled us down and after take off, my dinner was predicated with an amuse-bouche of beef carpaccio, prawn and balik salmon with olive oil caviar, followed by lamb washed down with a rather nice Medoc, with a cheese plate conclusion. After a good night's sleep, I woke to a cup of English Breakfast tea and orange juice whilst my friends had the full works. Quick disembarkation. BA at its best.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Ian Robinson    (UK)

We flew from Gatwick to Jamaica in November. Check in was easy and very quick and we were soon in the lounge. The lounge as usual was comfortable but with a very poor selection of food. As we were there around 09.15 I had hoped to have a hot breakfast but in the end the only hot dish available was porridge, which I didn't fancy so we settled for tea and cakes. The departure gate was not the biggest and as a result, it all got a bit messy with the staff trying coral the CW passengers in to a separate area to board first. On board most things were OK and the staff are very efficient and helped to make the experience a good one. The return from Kingston was pretty much the same although the check in was slower. However, this was compensated by an excellent lounge (Club Kingston) that served nice hot and cold snacks and then escorted you to the departure area. As usual the crew turned the lights down as soon as dinner was cleared away, but I did manage to read for a while and then sleep for 3 to 4 hours. Overall quite good and based on this experience, I would recommend this product.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by M Gibson    (UK)

San Diego-LHR-MAN. On 6th January we flew from San Diego to Manchester UK via Heathrow. After flying out on Christmas Day via LAX on the A380 this flight was a welcome return to form for BA's Club World offering. The San Diego Admiral's Club lounge is currently undergoing refurbishment but is still a nice space and unlike the UK lounges upon arrival we were offered a menu, not just a 'self serve' buffet. When it came time to board this was a much smoother experience than our previous flight on the A380, the staff at San Diego had the boarding area well organised and once club passengers were called we were on the aircraft, glass of bubbly in hand in minutes. The cabin crew were much friendlier and professional than those on the outward flight, as this is smaller cabin with fewer passengers you definitely felt that you were the 'premium' customer your ticket price would suggest and nothing was too much trouble. Drinks were constantly topped up, food was excellent and the cabin crew were chatty and friendly. The entertainment system might not have been quite as impressive as on the A380 but considering we slept for a large portion of this 10 hour flight that was unimportant. After a very average outward flight on the A380 into LA this superb flight home on the smaller aircraft restored my faith in BA's club offering and means that for future trips to the West Coast we will be flying direct into San Diego rather than LAX.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by A Cameron    (Australia)

BA 870, 22nd Dec 2014. Flew from London to Budapest. Very satisfied with service, staff friendly and professional. Even though this was a fairly short trip food and beverages were very satisfactory. Will definitely recommend this airline.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by E McIver    (UK)

LHR - Helsinki in Business Class. I happened to fly on this flight as I booked a flight to Shanghai with Finnair in business and BA are a Oneworld partner. Although the cabin crew were very attentive, I feel that Club Europe is not worth the extra money considering the length of flight and extra services provided. The aircraft was a brand new A320 with leather seats, but there was no extra legroom in the Club Europe section. The seats were the same as in the economy section, the only difference being that the middle seat is not in use. There is a movable partition separating the two cabins, presumably to offer maximum flexibility for the airline. Hot towels were provided before takeoff but no welcome drinks. The generous bar service started shortly after take off followed by a rather disappointing meal. Considering that it was a 2.5h lunchtime flight all that was on offer was a cold meat platter with a salad and a bread roll. I have had better service in Economy on BA short hall flights in the late 90s. Furthermore, I recently flew on a China Eastern Airlines domestic flight of similar length on business class on a new A320 and the seats were in a 4-abreast configuration with much more legroom and I was served with a hot meal! There was no personal entertainment - the overhead screens showed the moving map for the duration of the flight. I do like BA but if you are flying short hall and are considering Club Europe, I suggest saving your money and flying in the economy cabin. These low ratings reflect my expectations of business class and not the airline overall.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by S Blood    (Spain)

Regularly travel from BCN to LHR. In addition to booting us out of T5, making international connection more difficult, it is now using the newly refurb'd A320s on this route. The ones where BA sneaks another row of seats in between 1 and 10. Already faced with overpriced flights its now insisting on make journeys less comfortable. Less costs more.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Patricia Walton    (UK)

Flew Miami to Heathrow it was a nightmare, the attendant watched me struggle with 2 small cabin cases and did not offer to help, and another passenger had to put them in the hold for me while the attendant stood there and watched. It was very clear that he could not be bothered. When the meals were being served he said to myself and my husband (do you want anything as if he was doing us a favour), we asked for nothing the whole of the trip. When arriving in Heathrow yet again he stood and watched me struggling to get the cases down as my husband only has one arm and could not help me. I have travelled many times with BA and always found the staff very attentive but sadly not on this occasion.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Pidlaoan Christian    (Canada)

BA on LCY to DUB in December, flight almost full but cabin crew attentive and all smiling and offered a choice of popcorn or chips. Good value considering other airlines on this route does not serve complimentary snack at all.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by S Adlam    (USA)

BA284, Dec 29 2014. SFO-LHR, First. Great flight with seat 1K at the nose of the jumbo. Cabin was half full so service was professional, friendly and efficient. Felt very much taken care of throughout the 10 hour flight.  Cabin looked good and seat was comfortable especially in bed mode.  The SFO lounge needs some work as not really first class more business  The entertainment could be a little better in selection and screen quality. Overall, a really good product with exceptional service which BA is known for in First.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Simon Prestcote    (UK)

Return trip (LHR to JFK) in Business class. Excellent trip. We were celebrating my wife's birthday on the way out and the staff were outstanding. Professional, attentive but also able to have a laugh with customers. The food was excellent and the wine selection very good as well. Lounge at Heathrow was also very good (T5 is a pleasure to use). Return (overnight) flight also very good - efficient staff and seats comfortable enough to get some sleep.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Andrew Hickling    (UK)

LGW-CUN, Club World, seat 4A. To be honest I wasn't looking forward to this flight as it was one of BA's so called "Leisure Flights". However I was pleasantly surprised at the high level of service, quality of food and wine and friendliness of the crew. Seat 4A is recommended as you don't have to step over anyone to access the aisle. I was first on the plane and first off it, just a pity my bags were not the first to arrive.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by S Adlam    (USA)

BA179, Jan 6 2015, LHR-JFK. First. T5 is great for the first class experience with check in, security and straight into the Concorde room.  The lounge and spa facilities are a great refuge while flying especially the dining room. The 777 has more room in the cabin than the 747 flight to London which I appreciated especially when it came to my bed. Seat 2A is private and roomy. It was a full flight so service was efficient and friendly if not a little rushed.  Overall the service was at the great BA standard. What was lacking was the meal was lacking the freshness and taste which was disappointing. There was major (1hr) delay in planing at JFK which was not BA's fault but really made this flight much longer than it should had been. I would fly BA First again for the service, stylish cabin and overall comfort.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Daniel W MacDonald    (UK)

Heathrow to Newark on 787 aircraft. Plane clean and tidy, excellent in flight entertainment, good food and drink, served by friendly staff. Overall excellent value for money. The Galleries Lounge at terminal 5B is an excellent space, quiet for the time of day with plentiful food and drink.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |