British Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

British Airways
3.5 Star Rating: Good

British Airways Customer review :  23 May 2015 by Franci Ghe    (Italy)

BLQ-LGW and return. Operated by A319 clean, tidy and with a spacious legroom. The service at the desk and from the cabin crew was really smart and friendly. Both flight were on time and both landing were great. I will fly again BA.

British Airways Customer review :  23 May 2015 by A Domican    (Ireland)

Flight BA72 and BA73. Departed 14th May returned 20th May 2015. Very impressed with flight and cabin service on our trip from Dublin to Muscat Oman both in Club Europe and Club World. Was a bit dubious from reading other reviews however could not fault the service. Our flight was not busy so maybe this helped however I am looking forward to my return trip. Would book again.

British Airways Customer review :  23 May 2015 by J K Suykerbuyk    (Belgium)

YYZ-LHR-BRU: First - Club World: Check-in in Toronto was smooth with very nice and friendly ground staff. Used pre-dining in Lounge and I was surprised who good the food was from starter to dessert. The service was excellent too. When boarding, friendly cabin staff was waiting and I was escorted to my seat. Cabin crew and cabin staff director introduced themselves personally to each passenger in First Class. I asked the friendly cabin crew to turn down my bed when I to put on the pyjamas so I could go to sleep. This flight was again a confirmation that the first class service improved and it has been consistent on all my last flights in First. Landed on time in LHR. Used the reserved Cabana in Concorde room and enjoyed an excellent breakfast. Boarding on the full flight to Brussels was a little chaotic, but it was an excellent flight with fantastic cabin crew, decent food and a clean plane.

British Airways Customer review :  23 May 2015 by Richard Taylor    (UK)

Travelled with my wife from Barbados to London Gatwick on Tuesday's overnight flight. Boarding by row numbers was well co-ordinated. Staff on board were polite and efficient. Seat in premium economy is relatively comfortable. The extra space is appreciated for longer flights. Food is still below standard, Was served a breakfast pineapple yoghurt which I had to eat with a plastic knife! Flight arrived 15 mins early. Will fly with BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  23 May 2015 by J Sales    (UK)

LGW-AGP, Club Europe. Ground staff were very cheerful and friendly. Told them I lost my boarding pass and was reissued another one. BA Business Lounge in Gatwick was good but could be better. A little crowded. Boarding was very quick. Cabin crew were friendly and enthusiastic. Drinks and nuts offered straight after take off. Afternoon tea followed. More drinks offered. Cabin crew interacted with passengers. Landing was very smooth and arrived 10 minutes early. Aircraft used was a little old but the cabin gave the aircraft a young feel.

British Airways Customer review :  21 May 2015 by Y Fox    (UK)

Travelled from Heathrow to Washington in April on one of the new A380 planes. Extremely impressed with the plane, even in economy the seats are quite spacious and the storage buckets at the side of the seat are a big plus. The service on board was good and the meals were pretty good. The plane arrived exactly on time too! All in all one of the best flights I've had.

British Airways Customer review :  21 May 2015 by D Chamberlain    (UK)

LHR to Istanbul - excellent service on the outbound flight on what was a very busy flight. Cabin crew worked very hard and consistently. Good management on the ground and for boarding, excellent cabin crew. T5 lounge ok but breakfast food soon ran out and rather slow in service.

British Airways Customer review :  21 May 2015 by D Chamberlain    (UK)

Brilliant service from the cabin crew and Captain/First Officer on this much delayed Lisbon-LHR flight. BA have questions to answer - another Lisbon-LHR flight which was heavily delayed (this happens regularly), another BA flight from Lisbon with a remote boarding location and poor management prior to boarding. Our two hour delay - all after we had boarded - was handled brilliantly by the crew with regular communication, refreshments and as jovial atmosphere as was possible. But BA must face up to the astonishingly poor lounge in Lisbon, the poor management of boarding and a limp response to questions.

British Airways Customer review :  21 May 2015 by W Coenik    (Australia)

Business class. Scheduled to fly from Rome to Gatwick on 7 May on BA2543. The day that the fire broke out at Rome airport. We had a 12.45pm flight. I received a text from BA at 6.30am advising of flight cancelled due to the fire and to contact BA. I called them and they rebooked us on flight BA555 at 8.15pm but direct to Heathrow. We accepted the flight change considering and lounged around Rome for the morning. Than when about to get the train to Rome airport received a text from BA advise that flight had been changed to Naples and if we wanted that flight to make our way to Naples. So we high tailed it onto a train and in 2 hours we were in Naples. The flight did not leave till 9.30pm as they were waiting on others who had made the trip to Naples and out of 152 seats on the plane about 130 people made the trip to Naples. I think the communication and the effect that BA did to get us out of Rome under the circumstances was excellent. A friend was flying to Paris from Rome on another airline and he was delayed till midnight and his luggage was not to accompany them and was delivered 2 days later to him. Once on board in Euro Business class it was all pamper. The meal was excellent of rockmelon with truffle infused coleslaw and BBQ style prawns. Finished with a rhubarb and custard desert and washed down with a lovely Spanish white. Once landed bags were quick out on the belt and away we went. So well down BA for what I know for others turned out to be a nightmare.

British Airways Customer review :  21 May 2015 by P Evans    (USA)

BA seem to be trying harder, ground customer service much more friendly, professional and efficient. T5 helps as it is a great terminal. Flew premium economy LHR to Denver, flight sold out so got upgraded to Prem Economy. Positives : Small cabin between 1st class and Business makes it very exclusive and quiet (747 config 1) with no through traffic of other passengers. Upgraded service - welcome drink, newspaper, hot towel, menu, noise cancelling headphones, upgraded blanket and much better food than economy (steak), bread selection etc. One flight attendant for the whole cabin but he was super efficient. Flight Attendant was excellent - friendly, professional with none of the BA attitude that some have. Toilet just for premium economy. Negatives: 747 aircraft is old and you can feel that. Inflight entertainment is ancient, small screen, limited selection in both video and music Seat space and functionality good but not Air NZ. Toilet hygiene remains BA achilles heel - they just don't keep them clean vs. Asian airlines. This product is much improved from previous times I have taken it.

British Airways Customer review :  21 May 2015 by S Carver    (Spain)

Madrid-London City return. Excellent experience. Flights on time, in fact 25 minutes early into LCY, and arrival and departure procedures at both MAD and LCY fast and efficient. The Velazquez Lounge at MAD T4 is extremely comfortable and well-appointed with a good range of food and drink. Flight on a newish Embraer aircraft, clean, comfortable and spacious. Outstanding service from the two friendly, English and Spanish speaking cabin crew. Full English breakfast with champagne and orange juice on the outbound and a nice chicken dinner with good wines on the return.

British Airways Customer review :  21 May 2015 by Kathleen Lee    (Switzerland)

Our flight on economy long distance from the Austin to Heathrow was the most uncomfortable we've had on any carrier and we have travelled extensively. The seats were so close together with hardly any leg room or arm movement that not only was it difficult to eat the food which was dreadful but very difficult to get in and out of without damaging or twisting a knee or back. We had extreme exhaustion on landing from discomfort and lack of sleep. The evening meal we were served was inedible. The pasta had been hanging around for some time by the appearance. It was dry and congealing in what was once tomato sauce. The foil container was bent and the foil cover crumpled which proves it had been handled and heated up frequently. As for the breakfast in a box it was so bad I cannot comment. We've had better food and seating on low budget airlines and as well as on Myanmar Airlines! We want to support our national airline but definitely not on BA economy. It seems all the attention and care is given to first and business class. A huge disappointment.

British Airways Customer review :  21 May 2015 by Y Karanjia    (India)

BA 138, 13/5/2015. BA 273, 13/5/2015. Just completed my first BA Flight in Club World. The experience can be summed up in a single word - "pathetic". The flight taxied and took off with passengers sleeping with their seats flat in the centre "couples seat". The crew was totally indifferent. The light meal post take off was offered only to passengers in the aisle seats for reasons best known to the crew. If you are seated in the centre "couple seats" you have to be either an acrobat or a gymnast to access the toilets as you have to jump over a sleeping passenger in the aisle to get there. The buggy requested to transport us to the lounge at Heathrow as my wife had just had surgery, showed up, but the lady driving it decided we did not need it and walked off, as a result we had to trek for 2 hrs to clear security and reach the lounge. Will never travel BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  21 May 2015 by Ian Robinson    (UK)

LGW - Antigua - LGW. Easy check in at the Club World desk and then quickly through security etc. Unusually for BA at Gatwick, boarding was very well organised and we were quickly on board the ageing 777 - 200. Water or orange was offered prior to take off, along with a hot towel. We pushed back from the stand at exactly our departure time and were airborne about 10 minutes later. I can't say the seats were the most comfortable I have ever sat on but the extra leg room in PE did help. Two drinks rounds were served, one before and one with lunch. The food was just about OK, although I never have any great expectations, so I am rarely disappointed. However, the size and picture quality of the TV screens was very poor and as a result I decided to read for most of the journey. The cabin crew overall were very professional and as a result we had a good flight. The return flight was pretty much the same although despite being being bronze exec card holders, we were refused permission to check in at the Club World desk which as it turned out, didn't make any difference. Overall, another good experience with BA bar the few issues that I have mentioned.

British Airways Customer review :  21 May 2015 by Jerry Wiseman    (UK)

Over the last couple of years I have travelled to China by Emirates, KLM, Virgin Atlantic and BA. The next time I travel, BA will be my last choice. I got the impression from the very start that BA are penny pinching at every opportunity. Their lounges are basic and the food minimal. Although having a seat on the plane only a few row down from the front, some meal selections had run out. The cabin staff hid behind curtains most of the flight, therefore service was at a minimum. If you have a window seat you have to straddle the person in the inside seat if you need to get out.

British Airways Customer review :  19 May 2015 by Geoffrey Wyndham-Jones    (Kuwait)

19 April,KWI-LHR, BA157. LHR-EDI, BA1454. 3 May,EDI-LHR,BA1459. LHR-KWI,BA156. KWI-LHR-EDI-LHR-KWI: booked World Traveller Plus (Premium Economy), but upgraded to Club World (Business Class) on the outward trip. An excellent experience: as always, the cabin crew make the difference. On all sectors, professional, well-turned-out staff, who were genuinely friendly, cheerful and helpful. Food was excellent (chicken or pasta seem to be a thing of the past - I was not offered either), nicely presented, and for me, in sufficient quantity. Water/orange juice runs on a regular basis, washrooms clean and tidy and well-stocked, A wide range of entertainment on the KWI-LHR sector (it kept me entertained for a 6-hour flight, and because I flew out in April and back in May, the selection had changed on the return flight). Smooth flights (the 747's on the KWI-LHR sector, although old, were well- maintained, and everything worked - I really enjoy flying the "Queen of the Skies"), and plenty of information from the flight deck. Slight delay outbound at Kuwait, because of a technical problem, but it was resolved: all other sectors were on time. I travelled on a Sunday in both directions, so no delays in connections at Heathrow, although I had built in sufficient time between flights to allow for delays when I booked my ticket. All in all, four excellent flights - BA seem to have improved immensely since I last flew with them in 2014: the cabin crew and check-in staff seem to make the difference, and for this reason, I use BA in preference to the carriers from the Middle East, especially as Terminal 5 at Heathrow is a very civilised place to transfer (at least in my experience).

British Airways Customer review :  19 May 2015 by J Clark    (UK)

BA108, DXB-LHR, Club World in seat 10G. Very nice seat, no bother from anyone stepping over you and also right next to the loo and CW kitchen so great access to snacks. Also as I was at the front of the cabin I got off the plane nice and speedily. Food was good, had a nice vegetarian pasta main course. Plus the afternoon tea I got offered plenty of scones as most people surprisingly didn't want them!

British Airways Customer review :  19 May 2015 by J K Suykerbuyk    (Belgium)

BRU-LHR-YYZ: CLUB Europe - Club World; This time again, check-in was smooth with friendly ground staff, the best croissant in this lounge. Boarding was easy, friendly cabin crew was waiting for us to take jackets. Hot towels, tasting breakfast, landed on time. This short flight 10/10. Security in Heathrow was horror, but I prefer the horror of waiting than the horror of terror. First lounge was a breeze. Boarding for the flight to Toronto was with busses driving us to the Dreamliner. Indeed, the business seats are smaller. It really felt bad. The flight was not comfortable at all as I left the plane with pain in the back and shoulder. The crew were excellent, the food was excellent and the screens are improved. But the space you have is really a shame. As a gold member I fly often business or first, but the club world seats in the Dreamliner are really smaller and not comfortable at all. I will avoid this plane in future. I am so happy I will fly back in a 777.

British Airways Customer review :  19 May 2015 by N Bell    (USA)

LAX-LHR-LAX, April return May 14. Another chance to try the A380 product and all seemed well, online check in, bag drop, sensible loading on the air bridge at LAX but once we boarded, a self important flight attendant decided she had to check the boarding passes to ensure we were on the right plane, on the right day. No you do not, we have been checked all the way along. Still, even this pitiful attitude could not dampen the sterling job done by the pair of flight attendants we had. They gave Mixed Fleet a very good name. Now, having got through everything needed on that trip we had the return. WTP so the food was OK, the thing is, during the trip, the LAX sector had reverted back to the legacy staff. Disaster. The staff tried until around half way through the flight when a woman who spoke with a brogue, I guess Eire, arrived to take charge and declared the bar closed. So too were snacks of crisps etc. Half way through a long flight? BA claim the bar service and snacks are available throughout the flight. Clearly they are telling lies. This poor creature shut things because she had counted everything. Anyway, if BA wish to lie to us, we will not be buying from their High Life Shop. It cuts both ways. So, to sum up, most BA staff really do try to make passengers (the customers) enjoy the experience; certainly I have always flown BA where possible, however, when one employee on each sector can colour the experience in such a negative manner, I shall not be rushing to fly them again. Closing the bar and snacks after less than six hours on a flight of over eleven hours? To Fly, to be Self Serving.! I really can no longer recommend BA.

British Airways Customer review :  17 May 2015 by J Southwell    (UK)

Outward from Heathrow 8th May, BA543 to Bologna. Return 10th May, BA545. Flew return LHR to BOL. It is a long time since I have flown with BA and I was reminded just how good they are. I really cannot fault any aspect of the journey from the check in staff to the cabin crew and seat comfort. Every aspect was highly professional. I was impressed with terminal 5 and think it creates an excellent first impression of Britain.

British Airways Customer review :  17 May 2015 by Paul Karagounis    (Spain)

LHR to CPT in first (777 aircraft). Concorde room as always quiet and private, with excellent bar service (we did not try the restaurant), and wonderful views from the terrace (plenty of natural light). Boarding by separate bridge. A warm welcome, greeted by name and escorted to my seat by a smiling member of staff. Offered a glass of champagne, wash bag and night suit. Departure and arrival on time. Food and beverages very good (excellent bloody Mary). Bed was made by staff with extra mattress provided. Very good level of comfort. Entertainment of good standard (in generally I prefer to sleep). Staff brilliant, always smiling and discretely present to serve. Small hiccup, no hot breakfast in the morning (no explanation given). Overall an excellent trip of very high standard with an impressive cabin crew.

British Airways Customer review :  17 May 2015 by Marta Cremades    (Spain)

CPT-LHR-MAD in club. Check-in in CPT quick and efficient. Lounge elegant, with good choice of snacks and food and an excellent selection of South African wines. Boarding was announced in the lounge. Boarding a bit chaotic. Seated in the first class section of this old 747. Greeted by name and offered a glass of champagne by a charming member of staff. Departure and arrival on time. Food and beverages of high quality and standard. As I was traveling with my husband the table was set so that we could dine together by using the companion's ottoman. Entertainment ok-the very small screen of the old first class. The bed was made by the staff using an extra mattress. A good nights sleep in a comfortable bed. Cabin crew excellent, always smiling and professional. LHR-MAD in a refurbished 321. Emergency exit seat with lots of space and comfort. Excellent cabin crew delivering an outstanding service with hot or cold breakfast for a very busy club Europe cabin. Greeted personally by the purser due to my frequent flyer status. Overall impression, an excellent trip where a lot of attention to every detailed was paid. Indeed to fly to serve.

British Airways Customer review :  14 May 2015 by G James    (UK)

Flew MAN-LHR-YYZ and return. Outward in premium economy on a 777 there was plenty of leg room and a good entertainment system, food was nice and plenty of options for drinks. Cabin crew good. Flew back from YYZ-LHR on 747, I was upgraded from premium economy to club world by the cabin crew which was excellent. Comfortable seat, plenty of options for food and drink. Cabin crew attentive helpful and very friendly, couldn't have asked for a better flight. Everybody seems to have a go at BA, I find them reasonable priced and excellent to fly with.

British Airways Customer review :  13 May 2015 by A Veccio    (Belgium)

Flew BA on open-jaw route BRU-LHR-LAX returning one week later SFO-LHR-BRU. BRU-LHR was on an A319 newly refurbished plane. I paid for seating selection weeks before. The day before on-line check-in opened, I saw that some seats on the front of the plane became available to economy travellers with no surcharge, so I took one of them to deplane as quick as possible (the plane landed a little bit ahead of schedule anyway). LHR-LAX on the A380 was a really nice experience, really smooth flight and incredibly quiet upper-deck cabin. Food was not bad as long as you don't expect anything too fancy in economy. There was only one complete meal after take off and a pre- arrival snack before landing. On an 11 hours flight this may seem not enough, but passengers are welcome to pick up snacks in the galley during the flight, as well as having drinks fixed on demand. Only one negative spot of the flight: the cabin was really cold! SFO-LHR, still on the A380, departed a little bit late due to a malfunction of one of the doors but crew kept us informed of the situation. Same nice experience, nice crew, and so on. LHR-BRU on an A320 departed late after being stuck on tarmac due to high departure rate at Heathrow. Once again, the captain kept us informed and managed to catch most of the delay before landing in Brussels. Overall, really nice experience, but I wish they would not charge as much for seating selection before online check in. As I may be a nervous flyer, I need a window seat and don't want to risk seating elsewhere. The four legs cost me more than 130 euros on pre-paid seating, which I could take into account when choosing between BA and an another airline that let you choose free of charge when booking your flight. Besides that, I won't hesitate to fly BA in the future.

British Airways Customer review :  13 May 2015 by K Doyle    (UK)

Travelled LGW-MCO-LGW route in Business and was really happy. Great check at Check in at LGW then priority security access. The lounge was superb. Seats on 777ER outward were 2J and 2K which were fine but we changed to 11E and 11F for the return as we noticed that on outward these were more enclosed. Flat beds were great, Service was exceptional. Both flights left on time and arrived on time. Delta lounge at MCO is a bit dated but served a purpose so cant complain. Was a bit worried about the service reading some of the reviews but was pleasantly surprised. Well done BA.

British Airways Customer review :  13 May 2015 by Jordan Charles    (Argentina)

LHR-EZE, business class on board B777. Tired, old cabin, old IFE system. Business class seat layout cramped and uncomfortable with forward and rear facing seats. However, cabin crew deserve praise for their excellent attention.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2015 by Clive V Drake    (UK)

Pisa-LGW. Lounge at Pisa is a shared set up and rather nice. Spacious and colourful. Comfortable seats. Much better than hanging around the terminal. We have used it a few times. Plenty of booze. Mediocre snacks. No food. Checked in online. Baggage drop off. No problems. Plane was parked on the tarmac. Had to hike across in hot sun (which made me wish I wasn't going home). This is very annoying - because the whole point over flying BA instead of the three bright white, blue and yellow planes of the Irish airline's planes parked next door - is convenience. This has in the past, but did not this time, include the use of an air-bridge. (More BA cuts I wonder) Plane was a newish A319 - and pushed back to the minute - and left bang on time. All clean and tidy including the wash-rooms. Seats rather old and worn - but we were comfortable in seats 1 a and 1 c. Afternoon tea served on board - nothing exceptional (not a lot one can do with this sort of meal) - but as my wife was driving when we landed I happily drank three Gin and T's. FA's very pleasant and friendly. Even offered me a 4th G&T which I declined. All in all a good experience. (seats could be much better though). Landed ahead of schedule.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2015 by Bob Motto    (UK)

I flew from Heathrow to Istanbul on BA on their 767, the crew in Club Europe were very accommodating in their service. From start to finish of the flight they ensured that all passengers in Club Europe received the upmost service. Although the 767 is starting to show some age, I prefer this version of the Club Europe seats compared to the new configuration which is being rolled out on their Airbuses. At least the seats on the 767 are comfortable & there is plenty of space between the rows compared the the new version which has the same pitch as economy. The catering was good with a great choice of meals to select from, the service was speedy and accommodating too with their drinks etc..

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2015 by N Goodwin    (UK)

Flew First from London to Seattle, checked in at T5 and escorted to check-in desk and was checked in very quickly, security was quick and then through the million dollar door straight into the Concorde Room. Had lunch in the lounge and think our host was just finishing her shift as not that attentive and service improved markedly when other staff took over after our starters. Good selection of food and drinks and a very relaxing start to our flight. Boarding smooth and both of us were escorted to our seats 2E/F which are 2 together in the middle of the cabin. Cabin crew on both sides were excellent and couldn't do enough to make our flight comfortable. Seat very good and food good quality with a wide selection of drinks available. Flight passed very quickly and being first off plane meant we were first at US immigration although there was no queues so through within 5 minutes and our bags were first off. Excellent flight.

British Airways Customer review :  12 May 2015 by Bob Motto    (UK)

Flight BA 677, Istanbul to London Heathrow, Club Europe, a great flight with a wonderful crew in Club Europe, excellent service from all members of the crew with updates and a warm welcome by name from them. The meal was very good indeed with a great choice of meals to choose from. Throughout the flight the crew were very professional and quick to serve the meal and to clear away the meal items too. Although a 767 which was showing some signs of age, I much prefer this aircraft with the old style Club Europe seats compared to the new Club Europe which has been rolled out by BA and which no one likes. A wonderful flight and great service what more could I ask from a great crew, all that I do ask is keep the 767 & go back to the old Club Europe.

British Airways Customer review :  11 May 2015 by Rene van Mierlo    (UK)

Manchester to JFK via Heathrow and back. Positive experience, although the flight from Manchester to Heathrow was delayed (outside BA control), we were constantly informed about the delays. Attention to detail was excellent. BA upgraded our flights at our request promptly and without any fuss (Silver wedding Anniversary). The flight attendants were excellent and the food (and drinks) was tasty. Some passengers can be somewhat critical about BA but we were more then satisfied with the service.

British Airways Customer review :  11 May 2015 by Richard Taylor    (UK)

Travelled from Gatwick to Barbados on Boeing 777. Seating very good. As many reviewers mention the screen is small with a limited amount of films. Overall staff very good although one member of staff forget to give bread rolls out with the dinner until asked. The same member of staff also forgot requested drinks. Very good boarding procedure and disembarkment Overall a pleasant flight.

British Airways Customer review :  9 May 2015 by J K Suykerbuyk    (Belgium)

BRU-LHR-DFW-SAT. BRU-LHR: Club Europe Smooth check-in with friendly ground crew, small but clean lounge with a delicious croissant and coffee, greeted by friendly cabin-crew who gave us an excellent service on this small flight starting with hot towels, tasting hot breakfast and excellent tea, seats are comfortable but narrow for this short flight. LHR-DFW: First class with fast security process, Concorde room with online reserved Cabana was again an island of rest and comfort. Clean 777-300, greeted by name, flight crew were excellent. Flight and service couldn't be better. Food was good, amenity kit contains everything you need on a 10-hours flight, slippers and pyjamas were comfortable. Service was private, excellent and on request, always with a smile, asking if everything was alright. Screen in first is still on of the best with a good selection of movies. DFW-SAT: First class, customs in Dallas were electronic for ESTA people so 10 minutes after leaving the plane I was waiting for my bags so I could recheck for my last domestic flight! Greeted by friendly crew when boarding old plane AA. We were offered hot towel and glass of champagne. Friendly captain told us after leaving the gate, that there was a problem and we did have to taxi to another gate for technical support. After 1 hour (captain had kept us informed), we took off an arrived after a short flight in San Antonio.

British Airways Customer review :  9 May 2015 by David Rees    (UK)

This was the first time I have flown with BA, and I have to say I was very impressed. I flew economy from Brisbane to LHR return. Via Singapore on the outgoing trip and Hong Kong on the return leg. The experience was so much better than on previous flights I had taken with competing airlines. The cabin felt spacious and comfortable, even in economy. There was a good range of inflight entertainment and all staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The cost of the flight was a little more expensive than other airlines, but having been very satisfied with the service, it would not preclude me from booking with them again. Would preference them over other airlines now following that trip, along with recommending them to others.

British Airways Customer review :  9 May 2015 by A Khasawneh    (Dubai)

IST-LHR, the so called business class is a joke and is virtually indistinguishable from economy on any decent airline, seats are crammed together and do not recline properly, there is no sort of entertainment whatsoever on a four hour flight. Having flown on Turkish, Royal Jordanian, Emirates and Cathay Pacific in the past couple of months only made the contrast more striking. Never again!

British Airways Customer review :  9 May 2015 by John Murray    (UK)

A short hop from LCY-ZRH. Nice clean Embraer which was only about 30% full on a Monday afternoon. Off on time, landed early, decent pasta salad meal and a white wine in flight. Smooth and efficient journey at a very good price.

British Airways Customer review :  9 May 2015 by J K Suykerbuyk    (Belgium)

SAT-DFW-LHR-BRU: First, First, club Europe. SAT-DFW: Nice and smooth check-in with friendly ground crew, no lounge but used my priority pass to enter United lounge. Plane delayed for one hour. Boarding smooth, greeted by friendly cabin crew, captain apologised for the delay. Offered hot towels and champagne and crisps or nuts. Short but nice flight. Landed with a small delay. DFW-LHR: First class, lounge in DFW is very basic and far from boarding gate. Boarding again was very smooth with waiting flight crew, greeting you by name and guiding to your seat. Champagne was offered before you could take place in your seat. This first class travel was again a more than excellent flight. Also this time there was a technical issue but the captain informed us about every step, excused several times for the delay, again when landing in London with a delay of more than an hour. Cabin crew gives you the feeling you are the only guest on board giving you private service on demand. LHR-BRU: Club Europe. Concorde room with online reserved Cabana and a tasteful breakfast. Private bathroom with shower gave me a new revival boost. Boarding, yes again, excellent in all ways, short flight. Hot towels, decent food and perfect service by a perfect crew.

British Airways Customer review :  6 May 2015 by Clive V Drake    (UK)

LGW-Pisa. I wrote a positive experience a few weeks ago - on the LHR route to Pisa. I am pleased to write (wait for it) another positive review. This time, it was the "old" Club Europe and better in my view. As I said before, its a shame, BA cannot produce something exceptional rather than "Very Good" when it comes to the seat. The lounge was okay - not to crowded. Flight left 10 minutes late. Very nice meal on board. Really tasty and fresh. Nice smoked salmon and so on. A few Gin and T's washed it down. Friendly FA's. Smooth flight. My only gripe we were parked off station on the outer airport - like Ryanair. A small hassle with a walk over the tarmac. Bags were not given priority which was annoying. All in all - a good experience.

British Airways Customer review :  5 May 2015 by Brian Humphries    (Australia)

Excellent experience LHR to HKG. Was a bit apprehensive about their reputation, but found the whole trip excellent. Staff were friendly and helpful, aircraft was clean and IFE gave a wide choice. Drinks offered half an hour into the flight, and meal served within an hour. Would definitely travel with BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  5 May 2015 by R Stuart    (Australia)

We flew Premium Economy class from Singapore to London on a 747 carrier. It was a waste of money. The plane looked 100 years old and nothing seemed to work properly. The entertainment system remote control was stuck to its base and it had to be removed with a sharp instrument. The little screen showed a blurred picture so it was not worth watching movies. The crew was nowhere to be seen and they couldn''t be called if you needed something because the call button had been cancelled on all remote controls. At some stage I went to the toilet and went through the kitchen. The crew was there talking and laughing and one of them was sitting reading the paper. Shame on you BA. Never again!

British Airways Customer review :  3 May 2015 by S Carver    (Spain)

LHR-SYD-LHR via Singapore. I hadn't flown BA long-haul for over fifteen years and so, given some of the rather negative reviews on this site, I approached the experience with trepidation. However, I needn't have worried: everything was tip-top from on-line check-in, bag drop, lounges, boarding, on-time departure and arrival on both legs and prompt luggage collect. The aircraft both ways was a newish 777-300ER, clean and well maintained, and while the herring-bone seat configuration does seem a bit weird, on both sectors I was in the last row, window seat, facing backwards with an empty seat next to me, so I was able to slip in and out easily enough and didn't have anyone facing me. The seat was a little narrow for business class. but very comfortable with lots of storage space and no shortage of pillows and blankets; the IFE was excellent - screen on the small side but very good definition and audio. Food was simple, but very good quality, fresh, well-presented and lots of it. Very generous with the booze - excellent champagne, wines and some fine malt whiskies, all served correctly by the wonderfully attentive FAs: old school British, middle aged ladies and gentlemen, chatty and polite to the point of parody, but the twinkle in their eyes tells you that they know it. An excellent experience, keep it up BA.

British Airways Customer review :  3 May 2015 by Rey Sales    (UK)

LHR-MAD with BA462 on a Boeing 767-300ER. Very full flight but it didn't stop the crew from delivering superb customer service! Drinks and sandwich offered 30 minutes after take off. Second round of drinks offered. Very cheerful crew, helpful and friendly. Pilot personally came out to greet passengers on our way out. Very smooth take off. Landing could be better. Would definitely fly with British Airways again!

British Airways Customer review :  2 May 2015 by Nicolas Simonis    (Greece)

For my annual trip ATH-PHL via any European city, (dep 18/3, return 19/4), this time I chose BA because they were the cheapest. This was my first flight on BA to the USA. Soon after my choice I tried to select a seat as far front as possible however I was asked to pay 35 euros for a seat in row. 27. 35 euros and you are almost at the end of the aircraft. In the end BA was more expensive than others. The flight was ok and punctual, B777 not really my choice as very noisy, staff service - one hostess was excellent, another was ignorant and unwilling. Food, the usual Penne Rigate. Complained to BA via email however no reply was ever received. For my return flight I was in row 30, same noisy B777, same Penne Rigate and of course a good choice of inflight entertainment. Breakfast with lovely frozen bread roll. Yes, frozen or chilled. My next choice will of course not be BA.

British Airways Customer review :  2 May 2015 by Ed Roggeveen    (New Zealand)

A short haul from Gatwick to Rome and I had no expectations. Check in was quick and we were on a vintage Boeing 737. All in all very happy. They supplied a decent enough snack. Drinks service was efficient. There was no in- flight entertainment available but we should all be able to cope for 2 hours without surely? Comfortable enough, friendly service, got there on time, and good price. All adds up to a happy traveller.

British Airways Customer review :  1 May 2015 by H Lowe    (UK)

LHR-SFO-LHR. Missed out on the A380 and both legs were in a 747-400. Planes were old but well maintained and clean so no complaints there. Outward leg was excellent with good food and great cabin service. On the return leg, the lady in front fully reclined her seat immediately after take off and went to sleep leaving me with just about the same cramped space as you have in Economy. Even during meal service cabin crew did nothing to alleviate the situation. Very disappointed with this aspect and also with the breakfast. How many people on this site have complained that they do not want a hard croissant and sweet cereal bar for breakfast. BA are you listening?

British Airways Customer review :  1 May 2015 by J Rodder    (UK)

Heathrow to Bilbao. This is one of BA's new routes (although they used to fly the route years ago on a B757) and we got our return flights for a bargain £74. BA's hand luggage only fares to Europe offer very good value and I wonder when they will consider this pricing tier for long haul routes! The A319 flight left from Heathrow Terminal 1 which is closing in June but now looks and feels like a ghost town. There were 3 shops open on the day of our departure and most of it is boarded up. As for the flight, we had the usual BA chaotic boarding process but overall an excellent flight even if the new seats are uncomfortable and certainly similar to Ryanair with hardly any space. I appreciate BA's offering of sandwiches on their short haul flights but do wonder whether passengers really need this service nowadays.

British Airways Customer review :  1 May 2015 by R Mehta    (UK)

NCL-LHR return. Great alternative to rail travel, which is sometimes more expensive. Check-in was a breeze on both sides. New comfortable A320 cabin, old ones were really aged. A choice of snack and drink were served with options for alcohol. Delay arriving into Heathrow as usual, the airport is really over capacity and limiting BA as an airline. Annoyed that you are no longer able to choose your seat on hand-baggage only fares!

British Airways Customer review :  1 May 2015 by W Roberts    (UK)

Flew from London Heathrow to Rome Fiumicino. Flew the same route last year too and both times, it was excellent. This time our flight was operated with an Airbus A320 with slim line seats that looked brand new. These were very comfortable for a short haul flight and the leg room sufficient. In-flight catering was excellent. Coffee was a bit weak, but the sandwiches were delicious. This time cheese and ham doorstop with white bread. I expected good things after last years flat bread and was not disappointed. Cabin crew were very friendly and efficient, as were the airport staff. Boarding process was fast and efficient and on both flights, at arrival and destination, the aircraft was at a jet bridge, so no need to board a bus. Flights departed and arrived on time. Will definitely fly BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  27 April 2015 by Bob Motto    (UK)

Club Europe, LHR-AMS. The boarding process was a joke, we had to take the bus to our aircraft. In the boarding lounge they asked for all Club Europe and Gold and Silver to come forward and board the bus, then they let all of the remaining passengers board the bus which made priority boarding a total joke. They should follow the same process when flights land at a remote stand and have a separate bus just for use by Club Europe passengers, at least when departing Club Europe passengers would enjoy their priority boarding. I understand there is a need for on time departures but BA really need to ensure that where priority boarding is taking place their Club Passenger receive it.

British Airways Customer review :  25 April 2015 by Stephen Mordey    (UK)

BA 1321, Newcastle to Heathrow, 1/4/15. Check in at Newcastle was as always very fast and efficient. Once on board the cabin crew did a great job of welcoming everyone. A great crew offering old school BA charm at it's best and no small achievement considering the very early departure time. New and very "compact" seating which seems to be the new norm for economy class travel on short haul European flights. Flight arrived at T5 not quite on time as I remember but hey ho, not at all bad.

British Airways Customer review :  25 April 2015 by Smith Christine    (UK)

Flew Gatwick to Kingston 13/3/15 return 27/3/15, big disappointment, had to climb over strangers legs to leave seats. Not all options of food available if your at the end of the meal run. Need to pay to sit together, separated from my husband who was next to a nice bloke who was happy to move so we could sit together, BA did not even try to accommodate us. Not worth the money, Virgin far superior from their lounge to the flight. Will never travel BA long haul again be warned don't waste your money.

British Airways Customer review :  25 April 2015 by Stephen Mordey    (UK)

BA1326, Heathrow to Newcastle, 22/4/15. Checked in at T5 by an agent who should train some of the others. Very welcoming instantly struck up a conversation with me, this person was a credit to the company and a much needed one. The good experience ended there. Punctuality reared it's ugly head once more. I've recorded this repeatedly. Departure was delayed 45 minutes. Not the end of the world, but an inconvenience which happens so regularly I can pretty much count on it. It's a shame BA can't address these issues and get flights operating to schedule the majority of the time as other airlines are well able to. Once on board, BA is like a tale of two airlines. Some crews are excellent, others just lack professionalism and behave rather strangely at times. Possibly this may stem from the two tier or mixed fleet system. But whatever the issue may be crew quality and service is inconsistent. When we landed at Newcastle a crew member announced that the flight was only 30 minutes behind schedule! Well marvellous not in my opinion. Having just flown around the world on another airline which was able to operate twelve out of thirteen flights either on time or ahead of schedule, I have to say that I remain generally unimpressed.

British Airways Customer review :  25 April 2015 by Gary O'Neill    (UK)

Hong Kong to London in World. It was on the A380 - first time aboard and must say I was impressed. A much better experience than the Emirates A380. Great mood lighting, large windows. Nice to have a number of small cabins on both decks. Friendly service from the crew.

British Airways Customer review :  24 April 2015 by G Alexander    (Australia)

April 3 2015, Sydney-LHR. Staff were quite attentive and pleasant throughout both sectors. The cabin looked very new, was clean and comfortable. IFE was fine although not as good as CX. I was sitting in window seat facing backwards, which was fine. The seat, while sitting, is comfortable enough although quite narrow. There is little storage and it can be awkward getting in and out of the seat, especially when you are on the window. The problem was when the seat was in flat-bed mode. It is so narrow that you cannot turn. The seat buckles in the middle. As well, the passenger next to me would slam his table and TV monitor shut throughout the flight and because of the design the seat, you feel every movement. To get comfortable, I had to put the seat in more of a recline mode in order to sleep which defeats the whole purpose of a flat bed. As well, a fold down footstool completes the end of the bed, and it wasn't stable. BA are charging a premium for this seat and they squeeze 8 across (compared to 4 for CX). They are making a great deal out of this amount of real estate in the air. It is time for them to deliver an update. The only reason I took this fare was because of the great luggage offering (which I needed on this occasion - 96 kg) and the fact that I was flying back in First for no additional cost, which I will post about separately. So while I recommend this airline overall, it is more because the service and staff did compensate. Next time I fly business it will be CX again. The seat is a real let down.

British Airways Customer review :  24 April 2015 by Telli Ali    (Turkey)

15th Aug 2014, flight BA0272. Me and my 3 friends flew from SAN to LHR then to IST. Our check in and baggage processes took almost 2 hours to be completed. I wonder what would happen if we were not been there 5 hours before our flight. When they gave us our tickets, we saw that they put us all separately. They could not even manage to sit us together. When I was thinking how could this get worse, we missed our LHR-IST flight and waited in a queue for 3 hours to go to our hotel. While a clerk was trying to complete our check-in for 2 hours, another clerk next to her managed to complete half of the passengers processes and when we were boarding the plane, we learnt that the plane was overbooked and the other cl erk was offering 800 dollars per person and free accommodation for volunteer passengers to fly on the next plane.

British Airways Customer review :  24 April 2015 by G Alexander    (Australia)

April 15, LHR-Sydney (via Singapore). I flew First as part of a promotion for no additional cost with purchase of business seat on SYD-LHR leg. I really enjoyed the Concorde Room at Terminal 5, lovely meal, great service and very elegant space. In terms of the flight, the FA were very friendly and helpful on all legs. They went out of their way to make you feel special and a guest. Food was very good as was wine offering. Seat was comfortable and roomy, although there is a lot less storage then in CX Business Seat. In fact, while there is a lot of room, much of it really is not that useful. At night, FA did disappear for much of the time and didn't really come around (except once) to offer water/juice. Whereas on SQ economy, FA would check on you regularly throughout flight. While of course it is very special to fly First, next time I would be just as happy to fly CX Business which I think is really great value for money and the seats are just as, or maybe even more, comfortable. If I had paid full fare for this flight, I think I would have been questioning the value for money.

British Airways Customer review :  24 April 2015 by C Hadjinicolaou    (UK)

BA662, 31st March. BA662, 14th April. BA makes us think 'better quality'. However, the flight to and from Cyprus is now disappointing in terms of food offered. The duration is over 4 hours and it is not acceptable for them to offer 2 cold sandwiches.

British Airways Customer review :  24 April 2015 by Patrick Ferrall    (UK)

BA 730, LHR-GVA, 20 Apr 15. Are fooling no-one with their new Club Europe Business Class seats - they look nice - but are too close together providing extremely poor legroom! As a regular London to Geneva traveller I will go back to flying Swiss! The decision to change this is almost as bad as the stupid decision to have seats facing backwards in Club World where you have to face strangers and climb over others to get to your seat. If you can't fly First Class with BA choose another airline until they remedy these issues because their Business Class product is rubbish!

British Airways Customer review :  23 April 2015 by Chansoon Wanwisa    (Thailand)

BA0010, World Traveller, 4 Apr 2015. Bangkok-Heathrow (London). BA0009, World Traveller, 17 Apr 2015, Heathrow (London) - Bangkok. The check in staff were unhelpful and refused to check my luggage through, despite it being done on the first leg of my trip, I also met others on the same flight where this was allowed. The plane was old. The Cabin crew were professional, however compared to the middle eastern airlines the service wasnt nearly as good.

British Airways Customer review :  23 April 2015 by J Rose    (Australia)

LHR-BKK in Club on B777. Fourth long haul leg on BA in the last month and this was by far the best flight. That said, I still think the product is disappointing. I'm the camp that says the seats are highly uncomfortable. They are far too narrow as an average sized person still finds their arms draped across the arm rests while trying to sleep. You simply can't keep your arms by your side. As such, little to no sleep. IFE outdated and awful.

British Airways Customer review :  23 April 2015 by J Rose    (Australia)

LHR-AMS-LHR in Club Europe on A321. Nice service for a short hop. I think BA's Club Europe product is better than their long haul product. No flat beds but aircraft were in good condition, cabin crews professional, efficient and genuinely nice. Food was actually edible, with a cheese and charcuterie plate. Both flights delayed due to Heathrow congestion and Amsterdam weather but other than that a pretty good experience.

British Airways Customer review :  23 April 2015 by Alex Knisely    (UK)

LHR-PHL, BA067, 19th April. One of the features of a British Airways (BA) flight that attracted me in the past was the breadth of special-meal options. This until recently included a "seafood meal". Indeed, ten years ago, BA had fisherman's pie as an option in economy class, not just the horrible and relentless chicken-or-pasta - then they boasted of their support for the British fishing industry - no longer. Seafood meals are gone. Why? From a BA response: "I'd like to inform you that the meals have been removed due to the low volumes with many of our customers now choosing other options". Indeed. If no seafood meal exists, then there is no choice, there are no options. There is only, chicken-or-pasta. Really, what would it take to offer a "cold seafood meal", a tuna-fish salad and a bread roll? One more reason to choose BA is gone. One more reason to fly with a Middle Eastern airline, such as Etihad, who still care about service of a sort that BA has started to abandon.

British Airways Customer review :  21 April 2015 by Alastair Finch    (UK)

Flew BA1385/175, MAN-JFK. First flight full but smooth second flight on old but clean 747 with good leg room. Wifi and food good. Was just thinking as we were landing early what a good flight it had been when landing was aborted abruptly and we circled again, eventually the captain said that two warning lights had gone off but the problem appeared to be rectified his manner remained calm and the plane landed safely me and several around me were obviously very anxious.

British Airways Customer review :  20 April 2015 by Gursoy Metin    (Turkey)

17 April 2015, Airbus A320, Business, Heathrow to Lisbon. A total waste of money. The food was horrible. A couple of sandwiches and a lousy bread served with jam. There was no entertainment system, and the only difference I could find from economy was that the middle seat was empty, and a portable table was placed between the arm rests. The seat pitch was pathetic and could not even get a rest. I am very disappointed that I did not choose TAP instead of British.

British Airways Customer review :  20 April 2015 by F Mackirdy    (UK)

LHR to SYD on 1/3/15 and ACK to LHR on 14/3/15. After some poor reviews I was a little worries as to the quality and whether premium economy would be worth the extra cost. I have previously travelled down under with Cathay and Malaysian and wondered how BA would measure up. I was pleasantly surprised. Cabin on both planes was clean, staff mostly attentive (Hong Kong leg to Heathrow staff were worst of the 4 legs - ok but didn't seem overly interested in going the extra mile). As a taller person I appreciated the additional legroom and recline, although when passenger in front reclined it is tricky to get out of your seat. I had veggie meals which were generally tasty and as usual served prior to everyone else - i did have to remind staff on the last leg to offer me a drink when they served everyone else's meal. Film selection was excellent - travelling shortly after Oscar season meant most of the big nominated films were available! I will definitely pay for PE again on long-haul.

British Airways Customer review :  20 April 2015 by K Jona    (UK)

My experience on return BA flights to LHR to Tokyo Narita in April 2015 scores very low. I used to fly on Virgin Atlantic for the same journey on Business Class for the past 10 years so I have something to compare and the fare is always more or less the same between those 2 airlines. Conclusion is that you get far better value and service for money for the Business Class on Virgin was my impression. BA T5 lounge is very photogenic but the reality is quite 'basic' and cheap decor. Selection of food and beverages is limited. In the end, I got fed up so I left the lounge to get better food from Wetherspoons! Since I'm small both airlines seats are fine to get a good sleep. On BA you'd still have to pay to select your seat despite paying thousands of pounds! Also if you are in the middle aisle on BA, you are right next to a stranger which is awkward. BA gives out Elemis kits. Food: on BA, there is a 'fixed' options. For the dessert you have to choose either 'cake' or 'cheese'. Not both. Also not too different a menu from Economy class. BA's service felt extremely limited, they don't know your names, they just do the very minimum service. BA disappointed me.

British Airways Customer review :  20 April 2015 by R Vines    (UK)

My return flight from Heathrow to Bologna last week reminded me of how good BA is for short haul in economy. Even a two-hour delay because of technical problems on the outgoing flight did nothing to change that view. The pilot kept us up to date on what was happening. The crew were charming. OK, the snack of a sandwich on such flights is pretty basic, but the whole experience is so much more civilized than on budget airlines.

British Airways Customer review :  20 April 2015 by H Stewart    (UK)

Gatwick to Thessaloniki return. Outbound ok, not fantastic but certainly not bad. However where BA scored was on the return. At check-in the clerk was all prepared for my wife and I even though we were on separate bookings, including ready printed lounge passes with my guest pass stapled to her own. Maybe a little thing but it made a difference.

British Airways Customer review :  18 April 2015 by G Scholes    (UK)

DEL-LHR, BA 256. Seats 17AB downstairs in business class in B747-400 G-BNLY. The aircraft is an old lady now but the interior is well maintained. Her age was most noticeable looking at the in-flight screen. I have become used to the clarity of modern screens and the faded, dim and blurred old fashioned moving map and flight information screens are a relic of a distant past. I have made several long haul flights with BA in Business Class recently and have decided that I don't like the standard BA model business class seat. There is nowhere to put small items like glasses, pens, landing cards and so on. There is a drawer at floor level suitable for shoes and other items you will not want during the flight but to access it you need an upright seat and have to sit well forward to lean down to it. There is no foot rest integrated into the seat, one you can adjust to your own preferred level. At the front of the seat pod is a flap then can be lowered by getting out of the seat. It is not strong and so can not be used as a seat and is not an ottoman. Clunky and peculiar to BA, it is not a design feature that enhances the seat. Individual seats feel narrow and the window seat pod facing aft is accessed through a narrow entrance leading into a snug and very private space. Thoughts about coffins come to mind. When the passenger in the row behind has their seat flat their feet cross the entrance to yours and have to be stepped over to exit. Seat 17B was a poor choice. It is just aft of a set of catering cupboards that are frequently accessed during meal service and a washroom that seems to be in use almost continuously, with queues stretching past the seat after meals and before landing. On the good side the seats are well contoured and comfortably padded.

British Airways Customer review :  18 April 2015 by A Gurevich    (USA)

10 April 2015, Airbus A320, Business, Heathrow to Rome FCO. A total waste of money. The food was "tea", there was no entertainment system, and the only difference I could find from premium coach or regular coach was that the middle seat was empty, and a portable table was placed between the arm rests. As alcoholic beverages are provided for all classes, there's nothing to be gained there, the seat pitch was pathetic, and aside from having the middle seat empty, the only benefit to be had was boarding and de-planing first. Don't waste your money unless someone else is paying for it.

British Airways Customer review :  18 April 2015 by J McDonald    (UK)

Flew BA256 from Delhi to Heathrow - usual BA issues which have been repeated here many times. Firstly the First cabin was not clean (at all) with debris on the floor, food still in the seat - it's pretty pathetic when you have to spend 5 minutes cleaning your area when you board! The food - the food can only be described as truly awful! To be honest I would be complaining if I received this standard of food in economy - the starter was a watery, oily leek and potato soup and for the main two small lamb chops overdone in gravy with 6 tiny potatoes that deflated when pierced with a fork. I did not bother with desert! Afternoon tea served up (probably) the worst patisserie I have ever had the displeasure of tasting - completely inedible. The cabin crew were good and pleasant however I was not offered any bottled water for a 10 hour flight. It would seem to me that BA are a budget airline trying to do luxury and failing horribly. Surely management cannot be happy with their current standards but I am struggling to see any level of improvement (I take at least 1 first class international flight every year). Have flown BA for 15 years, will now be trying other airlines. The lounge (not run by BA but used by BA) at Delhi was very good indeed.

British Airways Customer review :  18 April 2015 by A Gurevich    (USA)

9 April 2015, BA 777, Business Class, Seattle, USA - Heathrow. Check-in easy, lounge good, boarding pleasant. Food quality was good, not excellent, but the film choice was great. Flat bed seats were comfortable enough. The breakfast was a little skimpy. The major downside was that for the money you pay for business class, you should not have to pay to choose a seat at booking. BA will let you choose seats 7 days in advance if you are a mileage plan 1st elevated tier or better member, but if not, then you have to wait until 24 hours ahead. Of course you can always fork over another $113 to pre-reserve a seat. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

British Airways Customer review :  17 April 2015 by Lynn Ryder    (UK)

We flew for the very first time on BA on 27/03/15 and returned 06/03/15. Our holiday to St Lucia from Gatwick was booked through Kuoni and we usually fly with Virgin Atlantic. We always upgrade with Virgin to Premium Economy, as you have a larger luggage allowance and the Premium Economy Experience with Virgin is very good. Therefore we booked BA World Traveller Plus, expecting the same degree of service. What a disappointment! I would not advise wasting your upgrade money. Apart from getting the larger luggage allowance, BA World Traveller Plus is almost exactly the same as World Traveller. The Service both ways was appalling! The seats were old and shabby and uncomfortable, we were only offered bar service once on a 8/9 Hour flight! We had to drink from plastic beakers, the staff seemed preoccupied with Business Class Customers and had no time for our section at all. On the way back, my Husband and myself were given seats 2 rows apart at check in without being told. We only noticed when we boarded the aircraft. On this length of flight, I was most upset we were apart as everyone sat near me were single travellers and Were asleep throughout the 9 hours. The seat back TVs are very small and my TV didn't work properly and I couldn't even watch anything. The aircraft was badly in need of an interior upgrade. We will never fly with BA again anywhere and will not recommend the experience to anyone.

British Airways Customer review :  17 April 2015 by H Geyer    (UK)

Substandard food in Business Class (London to Mauritius), arbitrary upgrade policy - as we could not afford Bus Class on return flight booked Premium Economy, we told that because we were Bus on way out we would get priority consideration on way back. Charging for Seat selection is a rip off, was separated from my wife on way out!

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2015 by Lyn Neil    (UK)

LGW to LAS, had a great trip out on 2/4/15, good food, IFE was fine for the daytime trip, wine was flowing. Trip made even better by an upgrade to PE on return journey, staff found out my partner and I got engaged, couldn't have been nicer. Everything great apart from the final leg to DUB, Gatwick didn't send our bags (even though we had a 6 hour layover) then preceded to keep us hanging in DUB for another 5 hours on the promise that they were on the next flight, and the next, ground staff of Aer Lingus were great too, would fly all again.

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2015 by P Lewis    (UK)

LHR-FRA in Club Europe. First part is not really a review, more a rant. I travel a lot for work, and always try to fly BA whenever possible and so am lucky enough to have a Gold card, So, for our annual vacation, I was looking forward to hopefully getting us all (wife plus 9 year old daughter) into the First Class lounge at LHR as a nice start to our holidays, sadly, the staff member on the door said no. - yes, I know you can only normally sign in 1 guest, but for my other 50+ flights a year I never sign in anyone! Still, no joy-computer said no. So I asked the guy behind me if he would mind signing my wife into the lounge at which pointthe staff member told him quite aggressively, 'that is not protocol'. We walked away having been made to feel like naughty kids. Rest of the trip was fine-In fact I would go as far as to say the flight was excellent-really friendly cabin crew who made us feel welcome and gave us a good start to the holidays. Actually, I would say this was BA at its best (having just seen them at their worst!). Score given here reflect the good service in the air (would give almost full marks if not for the ground staff behaviour).

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2015 by Williams Keith    (UK)

Travelled MAN-LHR-ATL and back. Boarding at MAN chaotic with queue in a corridor (probably not BA's fault). Delayed departure from LHR on a very full 777-200. Food and wine good but the Club World cabin is very cramped with very little space to put anything. I don't mind the back and front seating (I could look at my wife!) but the seat is narrow and not the most comfortable for sleeping. Very good, attentive crew. Wide variety of films/music on IFE. On return, the third party Lounge (Club at ATL) is much better than the Delta one. Full flight very similar to outbound but slightly early arrival at LHR was negated by the domestic flight being delayed by 90 minutes due to runway problems.

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2015 by D Russell    (UK)

BA0676, IST-LHR, Boeing 767. Euro Traveller cabin. Read the reviews and we pre booked exit row seats 27A/B, excellent choices. Leg room superb I'm 1.90m (6'3") tall and could stretch right out with a window too. Still an old 767 though with no personal entertainment or power. Appeared to have the newer seats which were OK, surprisingly the four hour flight passed quite quickly. Food was actually very good and the crew superb. Disappointing choice of alcohol though, no JD or Rum. Departed IST about twenty minutes late but were only ten minutes late into LHR. Well done BA better than the outward experience reviewed earlier.

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2015 by M Clay    (UK)

While I booked with BA I at first did not realise that they were putting me on a Vueling Airline but flying under a BA number. Quite clearly this airline is at the bottom of the bucket airlines in both service and comfort. As we were flying back from Barcelona to the UK having my knees wedged up against the seat in front only lasted a couple of hours. The food service, which you had to pay for was indifferent and very expensive. If you sat in the middle of the plane you just didn't get served. Probably the most worrying thing, besides the extremely poor English by cabin and flight crew was the cabin staff apparent indifference to seats being up right for landing, preventing some passengers taking their over head luggage down while in the air and on landing passengers up and around while the aircraft was moving. Perhaps UK bucket airlines are not so bad.

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2015 by J Rose    (Australia)

BA 208, MIA-LHR in Club. Leg four of a seven leg BA adventure. Another disappointment, which is becoming commonplace. As in leg one BKK-LHR, my pre-assigned business class seat that I had selected months before departure mysteriously vanished at the gate. In the end, BA needed the seat for a family to be seated together. All well and good mind you, but to have the audacity to charge passengers for these seats and give them away is absolutely disgraceful. As such my quiet, no traffic window seat on the upper deck was quickly relegated to a high traffic aisle seat on the main deck right near the lavatory and galley ensuring no sleep on the overnight flight. As a loyal OneWorld Emerald passenger I can honestly say BA really don't care about us in this (or any) regard. The CSD was sympathetic and kind, but nobody else seemed to care one bit. That hasn't happened to me on any other carrier for years, and has happened twice in the past few weeks on BA. Moral of the story: Never, ever pay BA for a pre-assigned seat as there is simply no guarantee you will get what you pay for. Moral of the story part 2: fly another carrier if you can, as it can't be much worse than BA.

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2015 by Hardy Linda    (UK)

British Airways could not care less, when they knew our flight from Leeds to Heathrow had been diverted. Some queued two hours for another flight, with two children, only to be told we had to go to Heathrow by coach, with no toilet. We had nothing to eat at the airport as no one knew what was happening. We finally got to Heathrow to be put up in a hotel and have a meal, so we could fly to Miami the next day. It was a total farce at Leeds, we lost a days holiday and with two children there was no consideration for them at all. We await our homeward journey on Monday and hopefully it will be a better trip back.

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2015 by B Harrison    (UK)

Travelled by Airbus 319 to Lyon and back to Heathrow. The new layout is very cramped. By reducing the legroom in Club Europe and removing one of the toilets at the rear they have crammed in 11 more seats. Seats 25A and B have no window as they are placed where the toilet used to be. They are adjacent to the door of the one remaining toilet. Not very pleasant. Expect long queues to use this one remaining lavatory. They also seem to have done away with the cooked breakfast on all European flights that start before 9.30am.

British Airways Customer review :  13 April 2015 by Richard Wilson    (UK)

LGW-SZG in business class. Not sure what the point is with the new reduced legroom Club Europe seats. OK breakfast, but was able to get breakfast in the lounge beforehand anyway. Only reason for going CE was because only 30 more than flexible economy ticket. If there was a big difference I wouldn't bother. Flight was on time.

British Airways Customer review :  13 April 2015 by J Gill    (UK)

Flew to Bangkok from London Heathrow on 13th March. First time I have ever flown with BA, normally fly long haul with Virgin but they don't fly to Bangkok. We were offered upgrades in the last few days for big discount but only on the flight out. World traveller plus was very good with fab leg room and comfy seats. Nice food too. Managed to sleep 5 hours in quiet cabin. But, if I had paid normal price then it was not worth the extra money as we found economy seats on the flight home were very comfy and good leg room. The plane was older 777 but not problem. very clean and the staff were attentive. I was nervous because of previous reviews but no need to be as we had a very enjoyable flight.

British Airways Customer review :  11 April 2015 by P Michaels    (UK)

LHR-JFK/IAD-LHR. Superb round trip (for a very fair price) in economy with BA. Flight out was an hour or so late taking off because of the weather, but was excellent once we got going. Fairly creaky 747 but the IFE was fine (good film selection) and the free booze flowed throughout. Great curry on the food front. Return was the real highlight, on a new A380 that had joined the fleet four weeks ago. Large TVs, even bigger selection of films/TV shows/games, and the usual good free food (shepherd's pie) and drink (red wine and beer). Comfy seats with plenty of leg room (and I'm over six foot). Service on both flights exemplary, and I have to say that I think BA have become a really class act.

British Airways Customer review :  9 April 2015 by S Stevenson    (Channel Islands)

I travelled from London to Jo'burg and back on the Airbus 380 and had mixed experiences. On the way out I was in Premium Economy and was pleasantly surprised by the spacious seat and window locker and slept well. The return in Business was a different matter. I was truly shocked by how many seats had been crammed in, the uncomfortable narrow seat, the lack of privacy and having to climb over passenger's feet to vacate my seat. All this at a premium price. Shocking. The cabin crew were faultless and were only too aware of passengers' views on the cabin! Never again.

British Airways Customer review :  11 April 2015 by A Bouzid    (UK)

Flew 30th March 2015, LHR-YVR return, with my school on a rugby tour (27 people). Seats were reasonably comfortable and they catered to my food requests of no pork well. Enjoyed it. But the IFE was absolutely horrendous and did not meet my expectations of British Airways- outdated movies with TV shows from 3 months before. Since we were flying on a Boeing 747-400, there were more seats per aisle but this made the cabin feel quite cramped. One recommendation for them - put fewer seats per aisle! Even though there were negatives flying outbound, I have to say the return was great. I had swapped seats with another boy who wanted to sit next to someone, so I sat in the extra legroom seats. IFE was far better and due to having the window seat, I was able to sleep for around 6 hours when I was awoke by the breakfast/snack which was decent. Food had no flavour and was quite spicy (Lentil masala) but still edible. Although my experience on BA84 was very enjoyable, I heard many of my companions had to move seats because of the not working IFE. One of my coaches had ordered orange juice, so the cabin crew gave it to him as they were serving but then the other one would take it away for some reason and in the end, they said they had none left. He had flown with Cathay Pacific to Manila the preceding week and he said that he had enjoyed that thoroughly. One of his worst experiences of air travel especially due to him being 6'4 and rather large. Overall a decent experience but just met my expectations. To improve British Airways need to start to be able to compete with other airlines like Singapore, Emirates, Etihad, Cathay Pacific and Qantas as there service and level of comfort has definitely taken over from BA.

British Airways Customer review :  11 April 2015 by Russell David    (UK)

Heathrow to Istanbul, flight BA0676 in club class. I should have guessed what I was going to get when I saw this service is operated on a Boeing 767. Business or club class is a total waste of money, same seat as in economy. No extra leg room or width no individual inflight entertainment and no seat power, it's horrendous you may just as well book euro traveller. Both seats had seen better days, the covers of which were in places falling apart. Food was only average too in my opinion. On the plus side of things the plane was, for its age (it was the oldest 767 BA has got) in surprisingly good order and the staff were friendly enough and the flight arrived only ten minutes late which is a result.

British Airways Customer review :  11 April 2015 by B Lakin    (UK)

LHR to Philadelphia but return from JFK. Booked Club World and upgraded to First with Avios. Great service as always in First and the Concorde room continues to excel.

British Airways Customer review :  9 April 2015 by Fang Jun    (China)

From Shanghai to London on 17 Mar. The whole trip was very good. The check in procedure was very quick. Boarding was finished very quickly. The cabin staff were helpful and friendly. The cabin was very quiet. The temperature was very appropriate. I did enjoy the flight. Meal was tasty, drinks were quite good .Luggage was not lost. I really can not expect more.

British Airways Customer review :  9 April 2015 by J Tydeman    (UK)

Flew Warsaw to Heathrow. Reasonable all round. Fairly nice sandwich and drinks. Crew were patient with some passengers who thought they were in an all inclusive hotel. Very busy flight. New seats are extremely cramped. Feels a bit Ryanair. Boarding a bit chaotic as didn't do by seat row. Baggage started coming off one carousel at Heathrow only to inexplicably move to a different one, without warning or announcement.

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2015 by M Coyle    (Ireland)

Return LHR-YVR, Boeing 747-400. I had been advised to fly BA but unfortunately I ended up very disappointed with the return leg. My seat was double booked so they eventually got me one but the entertainment system was not working! When I asked about it, she said it had not been working yesterday either. No other vacant seats in economy but there were loads in business class but would not upgrade me. 10hr flight with nothing. Definitely would not fly with them again.

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2015 by Egli Nicolaidou    (UK)

I usually have very positive experiences when flying BA. This time travelling on 30/03/15, LCA-LGW the staff could not have been any less interested in the comfort of the passengers. It was a 4.5 hour flight and were served the meal within the first 20minutes with nothing to do for the next 4 hours. There was no inflight entertainment. The staff did not offer any hot drinks and when I walked all the way to the end of the aircraft to ask about a hot drink was told no one was going round offering tea but if I wanted one I could go and get it from service area. The staff couldn't have looked any more disinterested in their passengers!

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2015 by R Simon    (Austria)

LGW-JER-LGW day trip on March 25, both flights in Economy, morning flight on Airbus 319, evening flight back on a 737-400 still featuring the more comfortable old seats. Both flights on-time or early. Excellent service for this short domestic hop. A breakfast sandwich and drinks were served in the morning, while crisps or biscuits and full bar service were offered on the evening flight back. FAs were excellent on both legs providing a good, efficient and friendly service on these short flights. Flying with hand baggage only, we used web check-in for both legs, which worked efficiently. Boarding procedures were unremarkable, which is good. BAs Terraces Lounge in LGW is fairly comfortable and spacious enough, although very busy in the morning. Acceptable cold breakfast choices and porridge as the only hot alternative. Drink choices were plentiful and of good quality. BAs Terraces Lounge in JER was more basic, but again comfortable. Again, various good quality drink alternatives, but just very limited food options (basic snacks such as crisps and hot soup). Overall an excellent domestic flight experience for Economy. Would be more than happy to do it again. (Oneworld Sapphire).

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2015 by Lilliam Washburn    (USA)

Booked a trip via American Airlines and my flight from London to Seattle was on BA. What a treat. I wish all my AA trips were done by BA. Great service, leg space, beautiful gates, airplanes. The 8.5 hr trip went by quickly. TV in every seat with plenty of great choices. Food was good and flight attendants were helpful and patient.

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2015 by Sylvia Goddard    (UK)

London Heathrow to Dubai return. This is a fairly regular trip for leisure purposes. Bought a PE ticket and used Avios to upgrade as is my usual habit. Prefer overnight flights but these recent ones were daylight. To be honest I only really choose Biz for the space and flatbed. I do always find the food to be good though. It was a 747 going and a 777 coming back. I find the BA service to only be average and functional. I was 'missed' for several things and gave up trying to find anyone for a cup of tea. Other airlines give a better service and provide a better product but so long as I upgrade with points and I can get a window seat I shall stick with it.

British Airways Customer review :  5 April 2015 by R Simon    (Austria)

VIE-LHR on March 24 and return LHR-VIE on March 30, both straight forward point to point midday flights, both flights in Economy on an Airbus A320 with a mixed fleet crew, both legs on-time or early. An edible sandwich and drinks (full bar) were served on both legs. On the flight to London, FAs were not unpleasant, but not overly active except for the required meal service and duty free sales. However, additional drinks were handed out in the galley, if requested. On the flight back, a rather young crew was trying harder, but was - quite untypically for BA - rather robotic in their actions and announcements. Again, additional drinks were served, if requested. Both legs featured the new slim seats in the cabin with reduced legroom. I am really missing the older more comfortable BA seats. Flying with hand baggage only, we used web check-in for the first flight and the check in kiosk for the flight back. Both worked efficiently. Boarding procedures were unremarkable and pleasant. BA uses a shared lounge in VIE, which again was quite busy but not overcrowded. The Lounge as such is acceptable, but far from great with limited and lower quality offerings. Food and drink seem to be more or less the same in all lounges in VIE, including OS flagship lounge. BAs Galleries Lounge in LHR T3 again a comfortable oasis of rest amid a busy airport. However, this time (breakfast time) the food offerings were quite basic and drink wise even basics such as orange juice or tomato juice were not available. Hopefully, just an off day. BA still uses T3 for its flights to VIE, which I consider a huge benefit over using T5, which looks nice, but tends to be a mess for passengers. Overall a good flight experience, although I have had much better crews on BA before. Still consider BA as one of the best options for Economy flights in Europe. (Oneworld Sapphire).

British Airways Customer review :  2 April 2015 by I Stevenson    (UK)

Flew LHR-IAD-LHR on new A380's, in new World Traveller Plus. Overall great service and experience with hard working and friendly crews both ways. New WTP product is great. Seats are a huge improvement, although 6 hours really is the limit on the overnight leg coming home for comfort. Food was good, including my partners Vegan meal. New IFE excellent and really like the upgraded noise cancelling headphones. Only 'extra' I would have liked would have been the option of a sparkling water or even wine as a pre take off drink. Have had the best and worst of BA over the years, but this was definitely BA as it should be.

British Airways Customer review :  2 April 2015 by A Storey    (USA)

LHR-DEL rtn. B747 both ways and definitely showing their age. Crew were excellent both ways. People may not like the yin/yang seating arrangement but it doesn't bother me. The screen goes up after takeoff and you are in your own space. Seat is still very comfortable. Wine list also good and especially the Rose offer alongside the champagne.

British Airways Customer review :  2 April 2015 by Michael Eidenschink    (Germany)

Very disappointing experience. Arrived at airport for a flight to Nice and learnt it was 1.5 hours late - with arriving aircraft nowhere in sight. Prior flight was boarding (also delayed) Having no luggage checked and seats available I thought I might get to Nice after all in time. No such luck. Whilst the flight continued to board for another 15 minutes I spent arguing with BA staff to even check whether they could get me on the flight. First class lounge staff refused to call the gate. All with "flight is finalized". In similar situations with other airlines (most notably Lufthansa) they always re-opened the flight and got me on. The only excuse was "it's the rules" (obviously BA). Staff in addition took calls whilst handling my - urgent - request further delaying the process. If I have a choice I will definitely use other airlines. In addition they have changed the seating in Europe to come more in line with Easyjet and Ryanair. At 6"4 very uncomfortable. Doesn't help to upgrade to Business: SAME seat. So you end up paying 300 pounds for a very predictable and unexciting food.

British Airways Customer review :  28 March 2015 by Tommy Desmet    (Belgium)

BRU-EWR via LHR and JFK-BRU via LHR on the return. All flights more or less on schedule. Terminal 5 in LHR is nice with a lot of sunlight making it very bright and airy looking. Cabin crew on all flights in general professional and giving a good service. Food and drinks ok. The seats are however very small and BA really needs to update their seating as soon as possible. The first flight from Brussels to London Heathrow had their updated European cabin, which offers better seats but a bit less legroom. Seating on the B747 is very old but still a bit more comfortable then the new B787 Dreamliner where the seats in economy are really too small and legroom just ok.

British Airways Customer review :  28 March 2015 by Christopher Willett    (UK)

23/3/2015, LHR-SIN, BA011, First. Awful from booking to completion of the flight. As a BA. Gold executive member at time of booking some 11 months ago booked this flight on the new A380, only to be told by BA in May 2014 the equipment had been changed to the extremely old 744 due to technical issues. Sold feeling a little let down secured seats 1a and 2a on the 744 these are the best of a bad bunch as to I wonder why BA squeezes 14 seats into such a small area where other airlines only fit 8 seats into the front sections of 744s'. At the beginning of March I checked the booking online only to find that we had been moved to row 5 in the middle, this was not acceptable. I called the BA gold line to object only to be given numerous contradicting excuses non of which were valid, whilst on the flight I found out that the passenger in 1a was a lifetime gold member so. I can only assume that rank has its privileges. Now onto the flight, arrogant staff with one exception, really poor food served at different times as we were in the middle which meant we had different staff attending to us. Plane interior shabby not surprised for a 20 plus year old plane along with the PA being inaudible, I felt this to be a safety issue and when mentioned I was ignored. I booked this flight for us a part of a special Far East holiday, I had high expectations of BA First which have not been met in anyway, what a total waste of money. Will now try to avoid flying BA in any of there classes once I have redeemed my Avios balance.

British Airways Customer review :  28 March 2015 by Bill Atkins    (UK)

LHR-PHL return. First only half full on both legs as Club not oversold. Very much better service than when full as crew have time to interact. BA really should consider cutting back the number of seats and sell a truly premium product like so many others have now chosen to do. Food disappointing as usual - much room for improvement here. Decent wines, but whites/champagne always warm on the return as kept unchilled during the turnaround. T5 experience fine both ways as mid-week and time of year not so busy. Lounges good and lounge staff friendly both LHR and PHL.

British Airways Customer review :  28 March 2015 by Chris Matthews    (UK)

This was the last flight in a One World around the world ticket. Buenos Aries to LHR, a 13 hour flight. I really didn't have any complaints about this flight, or BA, but against the other 7 airlines in 3 months it was pretty average. The FA's were helpful, the food was OK, the only really bad thing was the AVOD. Half a dozen new releases and a dozen or so older films. Likewise the album selection- pretty poor. The 777 was around 6 years old so maybe was due for an upgrade. To be fare I'm comparing BA against Emirates, so no contest really!

British Airways Customer review :  28 March 2015 by W Harris    (UK)

London Gatwick (LGW) to Lanzarote (ACE). We haven't flown BA for sometime, and to be honest we have no desire to fly with BA again anytime soon. The plane was an Airbus 320 and was just like a bus. Uncomfortable hard, very upright seats, not even sure you can recline them. We sat in row 11 and on both outward and inbound flights the cabin temperature was far to hot and stuffy, although it seemed to be an issue in just 4 rows as the front and back of the plane was much cooler. We both came off the return flight with bad headaches. The food was simply awful, thank goodness we ate a proper breakfast before boarding as the minuscule roll and wrap was hardly enough to feed a child, and on that topic the food was not suitable for a young toddler and there was no child option. The service was ok, nothing to complain about, very matter of fact and despite the previous comments the plane was clean etc. We flew the same route in October last year with a UK holiday airline and that was all round far more superior.

British Airways Customer review :  26 March 2015 by K Rahman    (India)

DEL-LHR-HAM in Business. The club world product feels really old now. The seats are narrow and not up to the standards of a world class airline. It was innovative when it came out, but now feels narrow, dated and not a match even to Air India which has modern flat seats on the Dreamliner. The food was OK, but nothing special. The service was also ok but lacked touches like smiles, hot towels. Amenity kits very cheap. The young Indian crew members on the Delhi route, noticeably better than the older London based British crew. The plane was an old and slightly grubby 747. Basically everything was mediocre if adequate. The overall impression was a product past it's prime from the 1990s. Old planes, old crew, old seats, old IFE, BA are losing ground not just to Emirates but also other European carriers like LH or AF. It feels like the 1970s and 1980s before BA transformed itself.

British Airways Customer review :  26 March 2015 by G O'Neill    (UK)

Day to trip to Hamburg booked the day before travel. Great value for money. Outbound flight was on refurbished A320. Great new cabin, comfortable seats - with enough legroom and great new lighting. On return was another A320 class - not refurbished. Definitely will be good once all are refitted.

British Airways Customer review :  26 March 2015 by C Goldhill    (UK)

I flew today from San Francisco to Heathrow Business Class and as always it's a delight flying with BA. Staff were helpful and polite - in fact they couldn't do enough for me. Seats were comfortable. Entertainment was OK and food was satisfactory. My only criticism is that on the outbound flight we were served lunch immediately on taking off but then had to wait neatly 7 hours for a light snack before landing. As I did not want to 'raid the larder' and eat fattening foods, I was left starving! I still find the overall experience with BA is far superior to any other airline.

British Airways Customer review :  25 March 2015 by G Sainty    (UK)

I have been a longstanding BA gold card holder and frequent business traveller. BA has now replaced all business class seats on short haul flights with seats so cramped that at 6'4" I could not sit without great discomfort. This shows complete contempt for BA's customers. I first encountered this on a round trip to Brussels. It will be Eurostar for me in the future and Air France, for which I also gave a gold card, on other short hauls. Is the management so confident of its customer base that it can give us less space than Easyjet offers?

British Airways Customer review :  25 March 2015 by R Beech    (UK)

LHR-LAX - A380 was excellent, a breath of fresh air in comparison to the typical tired planes of BA. Mixed fleet crew very friendly and enthusiastic. Food onboard was excellent, received my first choice and the club kitchen was stocked with a selection of delicious sweet and savoury snacks. The upper deck was excellent as it was very quiet and private with approx 20 seats in the forward section. Entertainment very good on a larger screen than found on 747/777. Cabin very clean and in general felt very fresh and new. The only gripe is still having to climb over the passenger seated in the aisle with the ying yang layout.

British Airways Customer review :  25 March 2015 by K Kirby    (UK)

We flew from LHR to Brussels and back on a reward flight which was very pleasant, even though it was a quick hop across the channel! Just about had time to enjoy the cream tea on the outbound flight. Quality of the tea drink was the best I've tasted in the sky. The champagne was very nice too. Business lounge at Brussels was very pleasant, and is to be recommended.

British Airways Customer review :  25 March 2015 by Clare Alan    (UK)

GRU-LHR, 15 March 2015. Returned to BA this last 3 flights solely due to Avios companion coupon but purchased this tkt. Bossy cabin crew in the like of BA as we remember its glory days. G&T always welcome but skimpy and only one and no nibbles! Wine was good this flight. South America routes still dogged with ageing 747 as opposed to Lufthansa's modern or upgraded fleet. Outbound from LHR my TV didn't work but they did credit me 3000 avios. Food okay but snacks for such a long flight poor. KLM and AF do it better.

British Airways Customer review :  25 March 2015 by C Watson    (Switzerland)

GVA-LGW-GVA, A319 out and A320 in. On time in both directions, staff were professional and polite. Sandwich out and a choice of snacks (crisps, biscuits or chocolate raisins) in as well as complementary drinks, including alcohol. Smooth through Geneva airport in and out; stuck in a 40-minute passport queue at LGW on the way in (not BA's fault of course) followed by a long walk around renovation work for the airport shuttle to the train station. This was a rare occasion where BA was cheaper than all of the competition on the route. On balance, I just don't think the BA experience is much better than the low-cost competition unless you fly to Heathrow, where Terminal 5 is much nicer than Gatwick. Although the food and drink is free, the choice is quite limited (e.g. no British beer, no option to buy something substantial if you're hungry and the snack was a bit stingy on the way back). I thought we might get newspapers but we didn't. On balance, it was perfectly fine but I wouldn't pay the extra for BA - I'd actually rather have the choice, friendliness and flexibility you get with easyJet.

British Airways Customer review :  23 March 2015 by Sharma Anita    (India)

Having heard so many negative reviews of BA, I still mustered the courage to book to trip to Chicago and SFO. To begin with, when I reached Mumbai airport with our online check in printouts 4 hours before scheduled departure I was pleasantly surprised to see the BA staff ready to check in the baggage. We were thru checked in up to Chicago with a 5 hour halt at LHR. London Heathrow Terminal 5 is chaotic to say the least, the security taking forever (in our case 45 min) to clear the hand baggage gave us some 3 hours before we boarded our Chicago flight which was comfortable. Our next connection from Chicago to SFO on AA was a bit messy as the cabin space was full and last minute check-in of hand baggage was enforced. Then for our SFO-LHR-DEL flight, the SFO-LHR got delayed but again check-in was pleasant and though the connection time between two flights was 80 minutes, because of the delay we had a margin of only 35 minutes. When we requested the flight purser to let us disembark before anyone else, he said "why did you take this connection, even if you make it somehow, your baggage wont" - so much for assistance! Even after disembarking last of all, we were met by the BA representative at the gate who took us thru the fast track channel and we made it to the flight in a record 20 minutes. All went well except for one tiny hitch, one piece of baggage never made it to our next flight.

British Airways Customer review :  20 March 2015 by D Corderoy    (UK)

Comfortable seats and plenty of space but the food was poor and the in-flight entertainment system was rubbish. The screens were small and the picture quality terrible. I liked that fact that the cabin crew were more mature people but the service was far from attentive. This is the first time I have flown with BA for over 15 years and I will try and avoid it in future. I have had much better flights with other airlines.

British Airways Customer review :  20 March 2015 by J Tydeman    (UK)

Flew to and from Punta Cana from Gatwick. Two good flights. Orderly check-in. Great crew. Food mostly quite good although if a salad is going to comprise a few lettuce leaves and a chopped up tomato, frankly don't bother. Flights pretty much on time. Both very busy. Breakfast on arrival in London was poor too. IFE is horrendously behind competitors. Really dire. Ran out of options after about half an hour. Some airlines offer thousands of films and programmes. The crew are the best part of BA as the seats and catering are not up to much. Check in was excellent at both ends. There was a minor system glitch at Punta Cana which meant a short delay but a member off staff came through the queue to keep us all informed. Top notch.

British Airways Customer review :  20 March 2015 by Malcolm Shortt    (Cyprus)

We travelled CUN-LGW, 11 March and it's the last time we will ever travel Business class with BA. No lounge facilities at Cancun, only a voucher offered for use in departure area food outlets. On board, usual gymnastics to get in and out of seats, ran out of food choices for dinner, limited choice for breakfast, tea served in a cup without saucer. Cabin staff excessively noisy in galley throughout flight. Better value in cattle class.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax