British Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

British Airways
3.5 Star Rating: Good

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by L Cameron-Lewis    (Canada)

Check-in in Toronto was OK, no fast track was apparent, although it was purportedly offered. Lounge in YYZ was nice, pre-flight dinner was just about OK, with modest quality wines offered. Chose an Aisle seat YYZLHR, bad idea. Seats are incredibly narrow, not quite wide enough for my shoulders. Tried to sleep, but not possible with in-flight staff constantly leaning across me, lowering the partition and speaking to the Window Seat passenger, who appeared to be a BA staff member who was determined to drink all night. Didn't eat dinner, but breakfast was adequate. Decided on a window seat for the return LHR-YYZ. Bad idea again! Very claustrophobic. During the entire flight I managed to get one small glass of champagne, it was very good. Thereafter, no matter how many times I pressed my call button, no one came, thus nothing more to drink, other than a glass of red wine with my dinner. No offers of cognac or liqueurs. Dinner ingredients were clearly good and well chosen, but everything was so overcooked, it was inedible. When I say over-cooked I mean grey vegetables that disintegrated on your fork and meat that was so dry and stringy that it was actually really unpleasant. Hadn't flown BA for a number of years, and being a Brit, thought it would be a pleasant change from Air Canada on this route. It was a change, but not a pleasant one. It's back to AC for me. Their business class is way better than this experience. Perhaps I was just unfortunate. On the plus side, the aircraft was immaculately clean, clearly quite new, and the inbound flight was spot on time.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by J Rodder    (UK)

London City to Florence. LCY is a great, stress free airport. On time flight, great crew and a really good economy service. We expected the usual BA biscuit or snack but were served a tasty couscous and chicken salad with dessert with plenty of drinks. BA offers a good product from LCY.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Business    (Thailand)

HKG-LHR-Bergen: Stockholm-LHR-HKG - A380 on long haul/A319 for short haul. I always like the forward Club cabin on BA's A380 Upper Deck despite the 7-across seating making it seem a bit cramped. Short delay to outward sector due to technical problems some of which had not been ironed out on take off. The screen dividers, IFE and then the seat reclines had problems and required resetting. It was an hour before these were sorted out. My main concern on long-haul is merely sleep. The Qantas lounge in HKG is excellent and so no need to have dinner in flight. Also skipped breakfast as there is an excellent one in the Arrivals lounge. With BA having cancelled the morning flight to Bergen about 5 months after I booked my ticket, I was stuck with a lengthy 12-hour connection. En route to Bergen, the service for just 10 Club passengers was poor - way below expectations. With only 12 meals boarded of which 6 were a fish curry that no-one wanted (curry on a Norway flight?), 4 of us were stuck with sandwiches from the back. No tea or coffee service unless specifically requested. Return to LHR from Stockholm was a huge improvement. Friendly service, quick drinks service and tasty lunch. Slept most of the way back to HKG again deciding not to eat or watch any IFE. In that respect, the flight was excellent.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by John Geoffrey Pierson    (USA)

NBO-LHR, Club world and LHR-BOS in economy: generally a pleasant and comfortable experience. I have difficulty reconciling our positive experiences with the negative comments about flight attendants in other posts here. As we boarded in Nairobi, the purser welcomed us by name and said how pleased they were to have us back again on BA. Before take-off from London, a flight attendant offered the third person in our row a different seat, leaving my wife and me with a vacant seat between us. In all cases, attendants were helpful, cheerful and efficient. Obviously in Club World staff have more time to spend with passengers. With the exception of the late night dinner out of Nairobi, we were impressed with the meal selection and quality. Flights were on time; checked baggage arrived in good condition. Agree that having to pay to reserve seats (if you are not of sufficient One World status) is disappointing. Generally, we remain very pleased with British Air, certainly the best One World option to Europe and beyond from Boston.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Ronca David    (USA)

Can't say anything negative about British Air. Our flight was cancelled in Philadelphia due to mechanical problems. They put us up in a quality hotel, gave us meal vouchers and kept us informed of the flight status, gave us an extra day at the hotel since it was a late flight. I missed my connection to Dubai had to wait at Heathrow for 6 hrs. Missed 2 days of work, but can't get angry they did all they could and would fly BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by G Arnold    (UK)

I had not flown BA long-haul for over 30 years before this flight. I flew YVR-LHR as the final sector of a round- the-world trip, and I have to say I will not be in a hurry to repeat the experience. The 747-436 looked tired and ready for a refit or the breakers yard. The seat was the most uncomfortable economy seat I have ever sat in, despite the headrest 'wings' which are a nice feature. The lower part of the seat backs are fibre, not hard plastic, enabling the passenger behind to put their knees into the small of your back. this happened frequently throughout our bumpy flight. The cabin service was lacklustre and the breakfast unappetizing. Its a shame that our national carrier has such a mediocre product, compared with Emirates or Air NZ. If I was a teacher, I would mark BA as 'can do better'.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by D Jover    (Australia)

Recently flew with British Airways on Europe trip. One of our flights was delayed due to fog in London so we missed our connecting flight to Paris. Had to stand in a queue for over three hours waiting to be reallocated another flight. Only 3 staff serving 200 people. Not even water was offered to people waiting in this long queue. Awful customer service, would not recommend to anyone.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Alan Mackenzie    (Denmark)

CPH-LHR-CPH, October 2014. Air travel just keeps getting better. The latest boon on BA is the mobile phone boarding pass app. Wonderful. No more searching for a printer, making life so much easier. Well done BA!

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by D Thomas    (UK)

Rating 2/10

On past experience, I chose BA for our long haul return flight to South America from the UK. Not until I got to the payment stage did I realise that of the 4 flights only one short flight to Madrid was actually on a BA plane. The others were with Iberia Airways. I understand that flight operators have to partner with other agencies, but you would expect then that they would adhere to standards expected of the original operator. Standards were very poor. No inflight entertainment on a 12 and 13 hour flight. Poor food and on the last leg of the journey, we were even expected to pay for our food. What is this a budget airline at full blown prices? Again on this last leg, the toilets weren't flushing! So at oyr destination they were almost full. My advice would be check who you're actually flying with.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Gordon Wheeler    (UK)

Just completed a return trip to Hong Kong on the A380 which is a magnificent aircraft. The crew, food and inflight entertainment were good. We travelled economy and paid an extra £140 to reserve 2 seats on the upper deck. We found the seats uncomfortable and when the person in front reclined their seat you were trapped. Leg room was restricted by the video box. We were sat 2 rows from the toilet which were nearly constantly in use and the noise from the toilet flush was an irritating. The inflight entertainment just kept me sane as I found it impossible to be comfortable.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by G Brown    (Australia)

First time with BA (a code share flight for JAL). Travelled NRT-LHR and return (BA5/BA6) on B777 in CW. Seats are designed in an S shape. This means that half the passengers fly backwards! Seats lie flat but a foot rest has to released from the wall to put your feet/legs on. Width of seats is poor and I found the seating cramped. Service was excellent both ways, food good with plenty of drinks and snacks on offer. Very hard to get to storage bin to put your stuff into. One small gripe, a 12 hour flight needs more than one meal and a light "breakfast". Lounge in Narita good standard, but in Heathrow very basic.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Mun Keat David    (Singapore)

BA16, Singapore to London. B777 World Traveller cabin. One of the most comfortable economy class flights I have had despite the fact the seating was on the more cramped side. The ambience of the cabin was very calming and soothing and the service from the young crew members enthusiastic, pleasant and courteous. Managed to sleep 6 hours, made the 13 hour shorter. Food was delicious and water runs in between meals very helpful to keep us hydrated. Compared to Air France which is self service, appreciated that BA crew does the water runs. One complaint is the entertainment system which featured touch screen did not work on my seat but small matter. Overall a very relaxing soothing pleasant smooth flight made the 13 hours fly by quickly. This is my new favorite airline to London and offers great value for money compared to Singapore Airlines.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Worcester David    (UK)

LHR-LCA in Club Europe. The First class lounge at T5 was fairly busy but we managed to get a table in the dining area for a late breakfast. My eggs benedict was a poor second to my friends self serve full English. We boarded straight away and magazines, hot towels and menus were offered before push back. Drinks and nuts were served before lunch. The crew serving the right hand aisle were excellent. Band 4 meal consisting of a salad, choice of 2 mains and cheese or dessert. My chicken supreme was excellent, served with gnocchi. Drinks refills always at hand. An excellent flight. Well done BA.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by M Sears    (UK)

LHR – LAX, Club World, A380 return a week later LAX-LHR on 773 in First. Outbound left almost on time, excellent considering a full large aircraft. Food and drinks service speedy, an improvement on a year ago when the A380 entered service and lunch took 3 hours start to end! Opted for lower deck front row middle two seats -perfect for friends, not so much for strangers. Prefer lower deck on outbound due to the middle seats and high ceilings / wide aisles. Feels very spacious. Arrival at LAX improved and staff were very pro active in splitting ESTA and non and passengers and getting people through as quickly as possible. Return flight outstanding. First lounge not yet open, however used Business Lounge and was quiet with excellent service. Priority boarding and walked to seat. CSM introduced himself and explained that only 8 out 14 seats booked (rarity on this route) and as such had two seats each! Middle seats for dining and sleeping, then moved back to windows for breakfast and landing. Food and service very attentive – never a wait for anything, had to start turning down drinks. Washbags had not been loaded at Heathrow and sleeping suit size not available, but given Club washbag and as a gesture the crew gave a bottle of Grand Siecle to take away – worth far more than a couple of wash bags! Could not fault the three cabin crew serving, landed on time and bags were at carousel before us. Can't wait to fly First to Singapore next year and compare the A380 service.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Saketh Rahm    (USA)

SFO-LHR-DXB and return DXB-LHR-DEN outbound in premium economy, return in business. Positives were all flights on time and crews were overall great on all sectors. Was able to upgrade return at check in at DXB for about $1000 which I thought was worth it. I was not too impressed with WTP product - I still had to pay to get assigned seats which is ridiculous when you are paying extra anyway. The 747 the product looks old and tired. Menu is the same as economy even though they advertise that catering includes a business class entree. Catering out of LHR was absolutely atrocious - almost like a TV dinner which is strange as this is their main hub. Return in Club world was a decent product. Lounge had hot breakfast and was quite big and food onboard was reasonable. Second meal service (high tea) was a joke with pre-packaged sandwiches - not too classy. Overall an okay experience but leagues behind EK/SQ/CX. Not sure when European airlines, when, if ever will catch up.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Eric Martin    (France)

Flew with my wife LHR-JNB, BA055 on an A380, October 31st and back JNB-LHR, BA056, November 15th in Business Class. British Airways has invented "High Density Business Class" or "Sardines Business Class". 8 abreast on the main deck and 7 abreast on the upper deck, this cabin configuration is very strange. To be fair, the seat itself is comfortable enough to be able to sleep, but it is so narrow that you have almost nothing to store any belongings. You are facing your neighbour, and if you seat on a middle seat, the access to the aisle is not easy at all. You have no view outside except if you have a window seat. You have the impression of flying in a submarine! On the other hand, if you are a little bit claustrophobic, fly the competitors. The IFE is OK, the screen is large enough, but the film selection is under average. The service is good, food and beverage OK. To summarize, as long as BA proposes (very) attractive fare (that was the case) I will fly again BA, if not, I will fly the competitors.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by R Schroeder    (UK)

LHR-MAD, Club Europe, A320, Seat 2A, 15.25 hrs departure: Newly refurbished cabin looked very classy in dark brown leather. Crew was excellent was start to finish. However, those new seats are a catastrophe. There is not enough leg room, they hardly recline and it's not possible work on a laptop. That's in Business Class. It is just like Easyjet seating, but with a business fare price tag. Food consisted of some finger sandwiches and a scone with jam. Really? The flight gets in just before 19.00 hrs local time. Wouldn't a light dinner be more appropriate? Terrible, disappointing experience. These new seats have to go and food must improve.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Kari Strouse    (USA)

MIA-LHR-BKK round trip, club world, three 777 and one 747. Check-in wait time is short for all flights. Fast pass through passport control and or security at Heathrow and Bangkok a big time-saver. Priority boarding smooth and relatively fast. Miami lounge shared with other airlines but excellent selection of comfortable seating, food and drink. Heathrow lounges food offerings lacking. Small Bangkok lounge serviceable but Wi-Fi was down. Cabin service in general good with fairly attentive staff. I did however receive an unprofessional and snide comment about ordering a fourth Kir Royale on my last leg despite the fact that there were six hours left in the flight and I was not showing any signs of drunkenness. I did not pay $8500 to be insulted by cabin crew. Food over the four flights was inconsistent ranging from tasty to inedible. IFE showed the same movies on all four flights despite the fact that I flew in two different markets and my return was a full month after outbound flight. As I am only 5'3" tall the seat was more than adequate though I could see how taller people would have a problem with it. Also I find it ridiculous that you must pay to choose your seat more than 24 hours before flight. Aisle seats are preferable as those on the inside must climb over the feet of the aisle passenger to get out into the aisle. Good overall experience except for a few pointed gaffes. On the fence as to whether the price is worth it.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Hemsley Paul    (UK)

Dallas Fort Worth, Texas to London Heathrow, BA 192, 7th November 2014. Economy yes but rude staff, poor food, and uncomfortable seats. I travel with many airlines and used to enjoy BA, so what's gone wrong.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by J Teoh    (Australia)

LHR-VIE in Club Europe on A320. Plane was an ex-BMI aircraft so it still had the old seats, which are wider than the refurbished aircraft. Aircraft was clean and well-maintained. Good amount of legroom in row 1. Priority boarding honoured. Cabin crew were friendly and helpful. Seat was comfortable. On-board catering reasonably good with champagne offered. Flight was on time. Luggage delivered with priority. No IFE offered. Happy to fly with BA again if price remains competitive.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Paesen Yves    (Belgium)

AMS-LHR-JNB,JNB-LHR-AMS, all flights on time, very clean and new aircraft, staff very friendly and nice food. LHR- JNB flights on A380, fantastic aircraft, inflight entertainment very good with music and movies. I would fly British Airways definitely again.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by D Nolan    (Ireland)

Travelled to and from India recently in Club World. Outbound to Hyderabad and return from Mumbai. Outbound we had the 787 which is a nice plane to travel on when in Club World. It was definitely helped by the fact that the cabin was only 40% full. I was surprised that they had only loaded one of the cold options as a main meal. Not what you would expect from a full service airline. On the return from Mumbai, flew on a 777 which is showing its age. The crew were very distant and far from warm. The hot dish for breakfast (a frittata) was tasteless and given that this was the main meal for the flight (due to time of departure) was disappointing. I agree with previous reports that the more experienced crew are more distant and lacking in customer service when compared with the newer crew. Based on my flying experience over the past few years, I would prefer to fly with the mixed fleet crew. They are definitely more approachable. Overall, flights were fine and on time. The above demonstrates failures in service levels which once again confirms that all of the 'enhancements' being introduced by BA are going in one direction, the wrong one!

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by John Geoffrey Pierson    (USA)

LHR to DXB on November 6, an overnight relatively short flight. Departing at 9:45 pm. Crew managed to serve dinner in record time, leaving maximum hours for sleep. Wine selection limited but of good quality. Dinner was fine - interesting first of meze, followed by a lamb that withstood the long transition from preparation to plate. An excellent experience in total.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Patel Niri    (UK)

52b on upper deck to LAX and 51b back from LAX to LHR. Food on flights is ok and you are best advised to order a veggie meal in advance if you don't eat meat. Seats are better on the A380 in club than on other aircraft where they are not as new or comfy. IFE is fine, though not as extensive as Emirates. I like that the announcements are kept to a minimum. The washroom on this side of the aircraft is huge - perfect for changing.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by J Hill    (UK)

San Francisco to London Heathrow in August - appalling. I flew to LAX on the A380 which was ok but flying back on the BA 747 was a truly forgettable experience. It was in such poor shape and the staff were hopeless. The inflight entertainment was virtually non existant and seating was cramped. I flew the next day onto Hong Kong with Cathay which is head and shoulders above BA. For the amount it costs, there are so many better alternatives.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by D von Bergen    (UK)

I travel to and from Singapore on BA in Club world most months, but this was my first time on the A380 for this trip. On the whole - their staff on the ground are polite and well informed. Positives for this flight - good lounge in Singapore - the food has improved, but it can be crowded. Club class cabins seem fairly spacious - (I was upstairs) but not as good as the 747. Excellent bathrooms - really spacious. One member of the flight crew was excellent and worthy of a gold star for maintaining good humour and excellent service Larger film selection than on the 747 Negatives - The food - awful - they've reduced the menu choices and the beef was inedible. Staff - apart from the member of the flight crew above the others were surly, and uncaring - they are the face of the airline and could be so much better. I will fly with them again but would like the staff to be pushed on politeness and courtesy.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Paul Wilson    (UK)

London Heathrow to Zagreb return in economy. Used the BA app to check in at both airports. Both flights on time. I found the crew were friendly and got the job done. They appeared to enjoy their work. The flight back from Zagreb was almost completely full - but the crew were good and ensured that everyone was catered for.

British Airways Customer review :  17 November 2014 by K McCarthy    (UK)

I had a very poor experience with BA from Jo'burg to London was cancelled. We were kept on the tarmac for four hours with very little information, and eventually told there was a technical fault so we would not be flying for another 24 hours. I needed to call my workplace to arrange work cover but the cabin staff said there was no BA phone I could use. Passengers had to go back through immigration in the middle of the night, there was chaos around the baggage reclaim and a real lack of information from ground staff who appeared to have little direction on what to do. We were eventually taken at 4 am to a hotel where the hotel staff were unable to cope with the numbers needing rooms - families were separated. BA did not publicise the right of all passengers to EU compensation but I knew about this so did apply and receive the legally required amount promptly. All in all this was a hugely disappointing and frustrating experience from an airline that had previously been my preferred airline and I would no longer recommend BA.

British Airways Customer review :  17 November 2014 by J Crane    (UK)

Flew MCT to LHR on 1 Nov 14. Staff at Muscat were excellent, and could not have been more helpful to my wife (who is a wheelchair user). Catering on the flight was awful. Food was inedible, and we were only served two drinks over an 11hr flight. On arrival, the staff seemed to not know that she was a wheelchair user (despite having assistance booked in advance) which meant a stressful wait on the plane while here wheelchair was found and a lift ordered. We flew out on Oman air that was faster, cheaper, more comfortable, had decent food and better informed staff.

British Airways Customer review :  17 November 2014 by Clive V Drake    (UK)

LAX/LHR. The flight started badly with the lounge facilities (or lack of) at LAX. There is no First Class lounge anymore – and worst still its a communal Business/First facility shared by BA, Qantas and Cathay Pacific. Two hours before my flight it was a zoo. Rammed with around 300 passengers from 3 flights. The food and beverages was to a very high standard. There was no separated boarding lines for First passengers. Flight left on time and dinner was an ordinary affair. A poached salmon starter was neither here or there. Luke warm soup. A rather nice, but not exceptional Italian style chicken dish. All served with cheap canteen style cutlery - long gone is the nice silver-plated cutlery they used to offer. Wines were fine. Turn down bed service reminded me of why I don't like the new BA First class seat. The silliest aspect has to be that you either have a seat or a bed – and no adjustable foot rest. In bed mode and mainly thanks to the design of the centre console housing the table - the bed is to narrow. I am 6 4” tall and not overweight. It's very awkward and uncomfortable. BA in old first I am sure use to give you a foldable mattress – now they don't. You get a thin duvet. This makes the bed incredible hard; and during turbulence its a hard, uncomfortable to ride. I don't think I slept more than an hour in the whole flight. The tight confines of the compartment means you have to be a gymnast to get in and out when in bed mode. This fare is sometimes as much as £7,000 – one way and it's not worth it. What amazes me in the competitive world that BA operate is that they don't seem to look at the competition. They trumpet they are the best and yet they are not. Mind you on the LAX route the only alternative is AA – and they have little ideas on quality in First Class. When I look at what SIA, Emirates (the best in my view) and Etihad offer BA do not come close. BA often charge more than anyone else for a frequently inferior product. In fact over the last ten years the prices have sky-rocketed and the quality and standards have sky rocketed as well - downwards!

British Airways Customer review :  17 November 2014 by D Turner    (UK)

Just flew to and from New York JFK with BA, flight out was great, modern plane, comfy seats and cabin crew who seemed to enjoy their jobs. Unfortunately the flight back was very different, old tired jumbo plane, poor seating, poor in-flight entertainment and some members of the cabin crew clearly couldn't be bothered and everything seemed to be too much trouble. Plane was far too hot on the way back and despite lots of passenger requests for them to turn the air-con on, nothing seemed to change and it was a long 6hrs. Have flown long haul with Virgin and Cathay Pacific and these were much better on all fronts, would only consider BA in the future if it was the only option available or half the price of the other carriers!

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Paul Karagounis    (Spain)

Kingston - London Gatwick in club world. Check in and fast track very efficient without any delays. Lounge surprisingly good, comfortable with a reasonable selection of food and drinks inclusive of sushi rolls and bar service with cocktails and champagne. It must be on of the best lounges in West Indies. Priority boarding excellent. Business class passengers are escorted to the gate. Entering the plane and during the entire flight greeted and addressed by name. Staff very efficient, friendly and smiling - willing to assist during the entire overnight flight. Relatively new plane with comfortable flat bed seats and a good entertainment system. Good selection of movies. Dinner and breakfast of a good standard and a great selection of spirits, wine and champagne. Child's meal very thoughtfully done. Slept for 6 hours. Flight on time and swift luggage delivery. High standard of service with excellent value for money.

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Roger Bowler    (France)

LHR-JNB 15/10. I cannot understand why BA have chosen the seating arrangement in Club World on the new A380 with one seat facing forward and the seat next to you facing backwards so as to be facing your neighbour. Food reasonable and service OK but not overly attentive. Return flight in Premium Economy, seats not as comfortable as in the 767.

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by J Tydeman    (UK)

Flew BA to Munich. Quick check-in, good boarding, sandwich wasn't the best 'evening meal' I have ever had but adequate on a short flight. Good crew. Exemplary crew on return flight. Nice airbus with comfy leather seats. Both flights on time/slightly early.

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Desai Naveen    (USA)

Worst experience from Bangalore to Heathrow - delayed and connecting flight from LHR to San Diego was missed. They put us on a flight to Chicago with seats in the middle of Premium Economy. We had booked bassinet seats on our missed flight. Chicago to San Diego on United - seats were not together. Overall a pathetic experience. Would never travel with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by George Alba    (USA)

BA 83 from LHR to LAX, first time on Airbus A380-800. Very comfortable, quiet and smooth flight. The aircraft was exceptionally quiet on takeoff. Food and service top notch. Nice to have a free beer and wine with lunch. First time in LHR which I found to be a zoo, but excellent duty free shopping. LAX can also be a zoo but that's to be expected. BA flight crew very professional and courteous. Would fly them again, especially on the A380.

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Nuno Luz    (Portugal)

LPT to LHR and back, found the planes new and in good conditions, fantastic crew, always asking if we need something, will fly again with BA for certain.

London Gatwick - Barbados in premium economy. Saturday during half term. Gatwick airport very busy. Check-in in business class counter and fast track very efficient with minimal waiting. BA lounge overcrowded but good breakfast options and plenty of champagne. Priority boarding efficient. Seat comfortable with lots of space and sufficient recline for a day flight. Food from club world menu very tasty (fillet steak), child's meal very good. Plenty of drinks rounds during the flight and staff very pleasant, polite and helpful. Entertaining system ok with reasonably good choice of films. Flight one hour late which meant no queues in Barbados. Overall a very good flight with an incredibly good value for money (tickets were purchased during the BA sale). Thoroughly recommended.

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by M Leong    (USA)

LHR-ZRH. A320 was used on this route. I was not expecting much since the flight was under 2 hours and I was not disappointed. Despite a delay due to traffic at LHR and later around ZRH, the staff handled everything well and were still very warm and welcoming. there wasn't any IFE so I can't rate that.

British Airways Customer review :  11 November 2014 by Ross Kelly    (UAE)

I flew from MIA-LHR-DXB. The 747 like most of their crew is well passed its sell by date. The business cabin is tired and worn, IFE below standard, seats are ok but nothing great. My biggest gripe were the crew on the second leg. We were in upper deck and found them quite inattentive and everything felt like a hassle but the best was to come. My wife and I had a sleep after dinner, when we woke, 2 hours before arrival we decided to have a drink. I pressed the call bell and ordered a baileys and a glass of wine. I was first told that the bar had closed, which was nonsense, after I complained they sent down a supervisor, where a long argument presumed, in which they basically told myself and my wife we were too intoxicated to have anymore drink! The way they spoke to us was both condescending and humiliating and after all of this on clearly seeing we were nowhere near intoxicated they served us another drink. As a seasoned traveler, I have never been spoken to like this before. We flew American in Business on the way to MIA and in stark contrast the business cabin was excellent on the new 777-300 and the crew were only too happy to serve you. BA really need to have a look at themselves, your crew by large seem to have an attitude problem, see the paying passenger as an inconvenience rather they a valued customer. With such choice from Dubai I will never travel BA again. If you want to pay thousands for a worn out badly designed seat, to be insulted by crew who will go out of there way not to serve you, book BA, otherwise do yourself a favour and go with an airline that doesn't employ over unionised staff that take pleasure in being rude to passengers.

British Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

BA268 LAX-LHR seat WT+ on the A380. Check in was quick, as was security and the Oneworld lounge at TBI is pretty good although very crowded. Boarding pretty quick on a packed flight. I found the crew, seating and PTV to be consistent and very good. Flight left more or less on time and landed 30 min early at T5, bags seemed to take ages coming off but a pretty good flight. I don't know what has happened to BA's food offering in WT+ but it has gone down hill recently the 2nd meal wasn't worth serving otherwise good service on a very nice aircraft.

British Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by L Goddard    (UK)

Travelled from Gatwick to Orlando on the 24th October with BA and I was very disappointed. For a full service airline the service was no better than a budget carrier. We were travelling with 3 children in our party of 11 and were seated at the rear of the plane. Both there and back the kids meals had run out by the time they reached us, as had the edible options of adult meals. The cabin was hot, which made for 2 very uncomfortable flights. We had to go and fetch our own complimentary drinks and snacks which my daughter did because she was so hungry - had she not gone we wouldn't even of been aware that they were available. Lesson learned - never fly BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Rob Jones    (UK)

LGW to Cancun - flew with BA in CW. The galleries lounge at Gatwick offers a terrible service - food normally consists of poorly made sandwiches, pasta, and other non discript offerings! Priority boarding was announced for those travelling in CW, unfortunately this was not managed and it just turned into a free for all. The crew were friendly and offered a good service. BA's club product is now very dated and they need to look at ways to improve the comfort and inflight service. The so called CW pantry is laughable, soggy, inedible wraps, pasta served in plastic containers, crisps and small chocolate bars is not acceptable in this day and age. The inflight meal was adequate but not memorable, the afternoon tea was somewhat better but no care went into it's presentation, the sandwiches were left in their plastic wrapping which was disappointing. The return flight was awful, the crew were miserable and clearly didn't want to be there. One member of the crew was very rude to an elderly lady who was clearly having issues adjusting the seat and dared to ask for help. The meal just awful, dry, bland and totally inedible. The breakfast served prior to landing at Gatwick consisted of a bacon roll which was vile, the bread roll was rock hard and should not have been served. Very poor flight which was made worse but a very inattentive and miserable crew.

British Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by A Fitter    (UK)

31.10.14 - LHR to Berlin Tegel. Flight out good, modern plane, clean, food ok and cabin crew good even pleasant. Return 3.11.14 1625hrs from Berlin, horrid. Crew only interested in themselves. Was tossed a cup of coffee and a snack. Staff openly ate the left over food from Business Class in the rear galley. I have complained about this before but clearly BA dont find it unpleasant. The return crew reminded me why I try to avoid BA.

British Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Paul Wylie    (Australia)

"Round-the-World" ticket. JFK-LHR-TXL on 28/29 July 2014. TXL-LHR-MAN on 2 August 2014. All flights on time. Great service from cabin crews. Meals and drinks absolutely fine - no complaints at all. Lovely lounge at TXL, small but more than made up for by the local staff in the lounge. Check in at TXL was a bit chaotic as there is hardly any space for waiting passengers. NCE-LHR on 30 August 2014. Flight left late, missed landing slot and had to circle resulting in a missed connection at LHR to DXB. LHR-DXB on 31 August 2014. BA ground service was exemplary. Re- booked us on next day's flight. We had to stay overnight near LHR - refunded by BA. Baggage did not reach us in DXB until day of departure (not BA's fault), but BA refunded costs of essential replacement clothing. Flight was great, ditto service from cabin crew. One member of ground crew at boarding was a bit 'short' with us but he had been given a rough time by a couple of recalcitrant Y passengers trying to board with F and J passengers. Overall very satisfied with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by N Harvey    (UK)

Sunday 2/11 Dublin to Heathrow. Flight arrived late and departed even later due to the absolutely ridiculous length of time it took to board people. Finally got to my seat to discover a young girl with two kids occupying it. Shifted them out the way and continued. Had to help this girl with the seat belt for the child as no one seemed to have explained to her what to do. Flight was late so had to run out of terminal 5 which is no mean feat. If you are not in a rush use British Airways otherwise pick another airline.

British Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Rob Jones    (UK)

Flew LGW-ACE-LHR. Arrived at Gatwick and was greeted at the check in counter by a friendly member of BA ground staff, our bags were taken and we proceeded toward fast track security, this was effortless and after a few minutes we were in the BA galleries lounge. I find that the BA lounge at Gatwick offers a very poor service early in the morning, all you are likely to get food wise is warm toast, pastries and condiments! The flight boarded on time and priority was given to those flying in the premium cabin, I proceeded onto the plane and was greated by the purser who showed me to my seat and took my coat. After take off the inflight service consisted of a hot English breakfast which was very nice followed by tea/coffee - this is an early flight so no other drink service was offered, however the purser did ask each passenger individually if they would like anything from the bar. Very friendly and attentive crew who addressed each passenger by their name which was a nice touch. The return flight to Heathrow was also very good, the lounge at Alicante is typical of those in Spain, rows of uncomfortable seating with inedible food offerings! Again another uneventful boarding process, the purser on this flight was very attentive and spoke to everyone individually, the meal tasted delicious, chicken curry and rice. All in all BA offer a good Club Europe service, they are trying to cut back and this often shows, they need to consider upgrading their product or risk losing out to the likes of Easyjet or Ryanair.

British Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by T Chamberlain    (UK)

London Gatwick to Tampa and return, BA2167 and 2166. Outbound flight departure was delayed for over an hour due to 'technical problems'. 90 minutes late arriving. In flight service to economy poor, very few drinks, people having to go to the galley to get water or juice. Special meal on return awful and inedible. We ordered the same but got a different dish. Didn't eat it. Return flight delayed over an hour due to sick passenger which necessitated return to stand and passenger/ bag offload. Entertainment system unreliable, screen cutting out. Check in staff in Tampa told us we had no seats despite having printed boarding passes! Turned out her computer was on the wrong day! They were good overall and lenient on baggage weight.

British Airways Customer review :  5 November 2014 by E Simeone    (Belgium)

BRU-Toronto-BRU, 1st class. In BRU check in, passport control (very long queues), security fast track and lounge just fine but nothing very special. Security in T5 with extra long queues and very little fast track. Almost none. Lounge in T5 a bliss in all respects. Boarding ok although gate in T5b miles away. Flight itself a disaster, old tatty B747 in need of an urgent revamp. Very used and ran down seats. Cabin full, so crew, although quite experienced, busy, food options were gone fast and service not that great as in the past. Ran out of champagne. Food not good at all. Inflight entertainment and videos a bore, with very old titles. Bags not first out. Return again same experience, although a 777, good check in and security fast track - lounge ok with option to dine before flying which I took, in case food was same disaster as flight in. Not full cabin this time, so a little better service although quality is still zero. Again London T5 lounge a breeze and fast and short flight to BRU.

British Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by C Polson    (Australia)

BA 0027 ex London HR to Hong Kong which departed 30/9/14. Hong Kong to London Sector on 17/9/14. Inedible food, lukewarm drinks, cabin staff unsmiling and standard of personal grooming very low, toilets were horrible- no loo paper or hand towels half way through 13 hour flight. It was a relief to get onto Cathay Pacific flight for next stage of my journey. How can two airlines be so different? British Airways is a disgrace.

British Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by V Carrapiett    (UK)

We travelled economy from Manchester to Toronto via Heathrow, The flight from Manchester to Heathrow and return was very good. The seats had plenty of room and it was easy to fit laptop size briefcases under the seat in front and still have room to stretch your legs. The service from the cabin crew was excellent. The leg from Heathrow to Toronto was not as comfortable but it was acceptable. The seats appeared narrower and my case only just fit under the seat leaving little room to stretch my legs. Whilst the cabin crew forgot requests for drinks they apologised and were very friendly and helpful in other aspects. Unfortunately BA were let down by the attendants on the return leg from Toronto to Heathrow. Whilst the aircraft appeared newer and more comfortable I have never experienced such surly behaviour from the cabin crew. We had seen attendants in the opposite aisle offering passengers water from trays they were carrying but the attendants down our aisle did not do this. The lady in the seat next to me asked for a glass of water before take off. The steward was quite off hand and said he would bring her one in a minute. He did not do this and when she asked again she was told in a very rude manner that take off procedures took priority otherwise non of us were going anywhere. Even after take off she had to ask again. When they served dinner my daughter did not want a meal but she asked if she could just have the bottle of water that was served with it. The steward said that if she did not want the meal she could not have the water but that he would bring her some in a glass later. This had not appeared by the time I had finished eating my meal so I gave her the bottle from mine (My daughter has a medical condition that requires her to drink water frequently throughout the day) Shortly before landing we were served a muffin and a drink. The passengers on the other aisle were served about 15 mins earlier and they were handed paper napkins and cutlery whilst, when we were served, we were simply handed the muffin wrapped in cellophane but no plate or napkin to catch the crumbs. I asked for a glass of orange and a tea (as I had not drunk anything on the 6 hour flight). The attendant scowled at me and then gave me half a glass of orange and half a cup of tea (which was cold|) I did not see the attendants down our aisle smile at a customer once throughout the whole journey.

British Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by S Tilton    (UK)

Flight LGW to TFS in Business. Like another reviewer, found the new business cabin to be 'sardine class'. Seats now thin and uncomfortable, especially for a four hour short-haul, narrower and with materially less leg-room than before, the same as economy. Now it is not possible to read a newspaper without turning at an angle to the middle seat, and is impossible to work at a laptop as there is simply not enough room. One wants to like and use BA, but this really is hit wicket in the club cabin. Unusually, in my experience, one of the FAs was rather disinterested in providing the usual club service too.

British Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Ed Warren    (UK)

Flew LGW - MCO 26th October. Was a bit worried about BA after a lot of mixed reviews. Found the whole experience great. We were travelling with a 4 month old and the crew were faultless. So helpful and caring as they could tell we were nervous about disturbing other club world passengers. Food good - fresh and tasty. Entertainment not really used due to entertaining daughter! Left and arrived on time - BA lounge Gatwick fine but thought was a bit small. Bought 2 return flights and baby seat for under £3k in BA sale so good on cost. Well done BA and thank you.

British Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by M J Brust    (USA)

Took BA flight 289 from LHR to PHX 10/27/2014. Very tired 747 with daily service to PHX. Entertainment system wasn't functioning. Only offer was to move to one row from toilets and a complaint card to fill out. Staff just going through the motions. No more BA for me and changing terminals is a nightmare in LHR and will avoid all costs.

British Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by L Channon    (UK)

Went to BKK via Heathrow on 26th October. Was all excited to be flying back to Thailand. I know direct flights are better but longer but thought flying with the UK flag carrier I was going to get a good flight. Well to be honest I was disappointed - I was at least expecting to be able to charge a phone onboard, only to be told only in business class. Most other airlines have this facility in economy. No menus for food and 2 options and same with breakfast. Drinks were limited to soft and only wine and beer. Inflight entertainment was poor at best and was bored witless with films I have seen before or had no interest in. Even the documentaries were all BBC which were ok. Music was equally lacklustre and limited. Only saving grace was the seat I was in and that was the only positive aspect despite the fact there was a baby crying most of the time. Sorry BA. I was expecting a good experience but felt let down and disappointed.

British Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Dhaliwal Amarjit    (UK)

BA275/274, LHR to Las Vegas return in economy. Both ways on 747-400 aircraft, both times aircraft were tired and in need of updating/repairs. On the outbound flight, bits of foam fillers hanging down on bulkhead wall. On return, window blind broken/stuck. Also on both aircraft the IFE needed to be re-booted shortly after take-off and was very ancient compared to other airlines. Both aircraft's were very warm before engine start. The outbound plane cooled down but the return remained uncomfortably warm - opening airvents had little effect. Very rowdy passengers on outbound flight but no action taken by the crew other than to stop serving drinks to the whole cabin for a period. On return flight crew seemed in a hurry to complete dinner service - hardly allowing enough time to eat food before returning to collect trays. Food was good on both flights. Overall the flights were on time and the seats were comfortable (but difficult to get out of if the one in front was reclined). The service was functional but not particularly warm or friendly. It seems BA are either waiting to replace these 747's or have otherwise decided not to invest in the aircraft.

British Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Jamie Fenton    (UK)

Terrible experience flying back from Munich. Flight delayed by several hours which meant arriving back into Heathrow T5 at gone midnight after most of the public transport links had ceased running. Nobody at BA available to help (despite them knowing the flight was several hours late arriving) which resulted in having to sleep at the airport floor overnight. Appalled that BA would do this - it was an unpleasant experience but I coped but what about elderly travellers? To make matters worse there was nobody available as a BA representative at Munich airport during the delay until I complained.

British Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by S Flynn    (UK)

BA2706 and BA2707, LGW-BCN. No real issues, pleasant crew and flights on time, but Boeing 737-400 in both directions was clearly very old. Rips in seats, badly worn seat pockets, very noisy aircraft particularly on landing, not the most comfortable seats although leg room is good. Would have preferred a choice of food rather than just a wrap, as this is meant to be a premium airline. Not a bad airline for short-haul really but I have had much better experiences this year with Norwegian and EasyJet, both of which I will now choose over BA when possible until they heavily invest into their short-haul fleet.

British Airways Customer review :  31 October 2014 by A Thompson    (UK)

Gatwick to Marrakech and back. Bag drop was fast, gate was peaceful, boarding on time and orderly, all staff very pleasant, refreshments good and landed on time. Return almost identical just a little late landing after a technical delay taking off. Well worth paying for a quality airline for a 3 hour flight.

British Airways Customer review :  31 October 2014 by K Nicol    (UK)

LAX to LHR - 25 Oct 2014. I agree with other reviewers that Business Class on the A380 is too crowded. I am a frequent business traveller to LAX and if I had the choice I would rather be on the upper deck of the 747. The seats and small storage drawer (if you are on the aisle) feel cheap. Service levels seem to be dropping in terms of drinks before dinner (1 instead of 2) and no attention to top up during the meal. My main course of fish was inedible due to being overcooked. The staff seem grumpy about the smaller galley size (can't blame them). We flew First on the outbound to LAX which of course was better, although the cabin feels quite sterile. Considering switching to Virgin.

British Airways Customer review :  31 October 2014 by A Price    (UK)

Toronto to London Heathrow - 26/10/14. After reading how the 747's are really starting to show their age, I opted to fly this return route on board the new 787 that BA has to offer. The outbound flight in economy a week earlier had been great, food and entertainment was good, staff very pleasant, but it was a bit of a tight squeeze in the seats, I think a 2-3-2 configuration would work a bit better. I arrived at Pearson Airport Terminal 3 booked to return to London in World Traveller Plus. Visited the Premium Plaza Lounge, nice and comfy, but nothing special. Boarding was really rather chaotic, but I was delighted to be upgraded to Business Class at the gate! Seat 3F was a good aisle seat, very comfortable, spacious, plenty of storage space and close to the toilets which I find more useful than bothersome, there was never any queue to use them that could've disturbed me. Cabin crew were superb and attentive, always addressing by name and happy to help with any queries and requests. The drinks service and the quality of the food was excellent, beef tenderloin followed by lemon tart and well presented. Whilst I generally struggle to sleep on flights, I found the flat bed very comfortable indeed, especially with the mood lighting on this night flight. Breakfast, a fruit salad and selection of pastries was again very pleasant to start the morning. On time departure and arrival, from Gate C66 at T5 through border control and luggage collected took just 25 minutes. Overall, highly impressive from British Airways, would absolutely use Club World again.

British Airways Customer review :  31 October 2014 by L Hunt    (UK)

I have after years of loyalty finally had it with BA. Every flight is late, the catering gets worse and worse and the attitude of the crew has also deteriorated. I have taken 5 flights in 2 months, and every single sector has been late. Even the crew in first class have no idea what "service" means - I have to ask for things 2 or 3 times, I am not offered anything unless I ask, the food is inedible (they tried to serve me a poached egg which I could have played squash with), they ran out of bottled water in a flight out of LHR, I cannot find any flights when I can use my free companion voucher, or use my miles to upgrade. they won't even allow my PA to deal my flights for me. it just seems the rules and attitude of their management has become so far removed from their promise To Fly to Serve.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by S Storer    (Australia)

Flight BA1445 Edinburgh-London code share onto Lisbon. First leg delayed one and a half hours in Edinburgh with no explanation. Arrived at Heathrow and there was no operator available for the airbridge so sat on the plane for 15 minutes. Traveled onto Lisbon on a TAP code share flight and find our luggage had been left at Heathrow. An appalling example of customer service on every front.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by J Hertz    (Denmark)

LHR-GRU B744 First time with BA, my experience was great. Seat was very good and comfortable with many adjustments. Great dining options, good quality of snacks available throughout the flight. Crew very nice. One thing I did not like was the layout, making it difficult for people in the middle to have aisle access when seat were turned into beds. And staring directly into people's faces when the curtain between seats is down can be awkward. Crew didn't care too much about safety issues like seat reclining and window blinds for takeoff and landing. Entertainment was a bit disappointing, screens were old and blurry, not a big selection.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by K Harrington    (UK)

Travelled to Palma in new BA 'sardine' business class. Uncomfortable seats with Ryanair leg room so knees sticking into passenger in front. Poor service. Despite checking in 90 minutes before departure left 2 bags behind which were not delivered for more than 24 hours later, causing misery. Other passengers also shocked at conditions. If this is the new look business class BA then better off with Easyjet or Ryanair, much cheaper and service could not be much worse.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by J Smith    (Australia)

We flew London Heathrow to Singapore, business class for the first time with BA and was not impressed - the cabin crew did the bare minimum they could get away with and as for the seating arrangement we just could not get our head around it - thank goodness we changed our seats prior to flight - we sat on the 2 outer seats that were ok though a bit narrow - felt so sorry for the people who sat in the middle seats as they had to face strangers on the take off and landing - we fly long haul on this route 4 times a year and can quite honestly say that after our experience with BA we would not wish to fly with them again.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by J Hertz    (Denmark)

GIG-LHR B773 Newly refurbished cabin. Seats were good and comfortable, food was reasonable and entertainment was great, HD screen with many options.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by E Smyth    (UK)

LHR-DEL. RTN Club World. Excellent service on both sectors and found that middle seats are good for companions. I found the rearward seating disconcerting but was otherwise comfortable. Flight crews were excellent. I would agree with aisle passengers that they must find the need to reach across them at service times irritating.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Garreth Elston    (Canada)

Flew BA from Toronto to New Delhi, via London in Premium Economy class in August. First leg was on a 787, plane was nice but definitely does not have nearly enough toilets on board. Premium Economy passengers have quite a walk to the nearest lavatory (bad, bad design). On board service was very good, staff were great, food was good. Next leg from London to New Delhi was on a 777, much better in my opinion that the Dreamliner, primarily as it has better toilet facilities. Again staff and service were top notch. Our return trip in October was made with our newborn baby. If anything the service was even better than on our first leg. Thankfully we had a 777 on both legs and not the Dreamliner. Staff were incredibly helpful and accommodating, making a fuss about the baby and really always there to help. Again the food and beverage service was very good. The seat reclining buttons were a bit stiff, but other than that the seats were OK, not excellent, but definitely comfortable enough. Considering that I hadn't flown BA for over ten years before these flights (due to bad service) I was really pleasantly surprised by the improved level of service provided by the airline. Yes, being in Premium Economy helped, but I was very satisfied comparing it to Virgin Atlantic's Premium Economy which I have regularly used. Well done BA, you made a trip that we were dreading actually quite a pleasant experience and I'm likely to fly BA again now.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by J Miller    (USA)

Round-trip IAD-LHR in early October and it was one of the best trips I've taken. The seat may be the same size as on US carriers but it felt a lot larger. I was stunned to be served a free cocktail and a free bottle of wine with dinner, which was a totally edible chicken casserole in one direction and a surprisingly good chicken curry in the other direction. I was also pleased to get a blanket and headphones (though I had my own). US carriers don't give squat to economy passengers and I was delighted. Service was the quickest, most efficient I've ever seen on an airplane. Loved the entertainment system. Even the boarding process was seriously well organized, with separate lines and doors for each section of the plane. This was about as painless as it could possibly have been. I will never fly an American carrier to Europe again. I also got a good deal at a little over $700, as fall is a down season.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by A Cowdrey    (UK)

Arrived at Gatwick to find out that our pre-paid for assigned seats could not be honoured due to an aircraft change. Instead of three rows of seats A and B, we were now slung across a single row, with 4 middle seats and an aisle/window seat, despite having requested and paid for the seat reservations 11 months ago. To make matters worse, Prem Economy passengers had been bumped up to Club World and were enjoying A/B seats - total joke. Food was OK, crew were friendly enough, but I will never travel BA again due to the absolute neglect or consideration for their premium customers. Goodbye BA Executive Club and good riddance BA. How the once mighty have fallen.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Chorney Warren    (Canada)

Flew from London to Calgary. The seats in the new Dreamliner are awful. It was bad enough sitting in the seat but when the person in front of me lowered his seat it became impossible. His seat was right on my legs, that shows how little room there is on these planes. Staff started serving meals, all of a sudden went by about 7 or 8 rows of us and forgot to come back to feed us.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

BA285, LHR-SFO, seat 13a in WT+ on a pretty old 747-400, check in and security at T5 very quick I used the lounge at T5-B which was nice and close to the gate, flight departed and arrived 1hr late. Crew very good the seat PTV and food not the best on this flight. I've used BA a lot over the past 2 years and find them pretty consistent although I've also noticed that service along with seats PTV of course is much nicer on the newer A380s or the 777-300s so it's worth choosing your aircraft. Otherwise ok flight.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by DesBrisay Marlyn    (Canada)

Flight 103 on October 14. We flew from London to Calgary, Alberta - a long cramped ride. It was on the new Dreamliner with very tight seats, the people in front had to raise their seats when lunch was served as the trays hit our stomachs! Service almost non-existent even on a 9 hour trip! Beverages served once and then at dinner the cart with wine got two rows before us (row35) and they quickly returned it to the back as they felt they were late with the coffee, didn't even ask us whether we would like anything. When the coffee did come it was lukewarm. There was not one good thing about our flight. We will never travel British Airways again.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by M Bockstruck    (USA)

Traveled with British Airways ORD-LHR last month, World Traveller on the way out and Club World on the return. Connected to DSM via American Airlines and could see a marked difference in the level of service as well as the hard product. Flew on a B777 both ways and was impressed with the amount of room both in economy and business. USB ports, 1 in economy and 2 in business and large entertainment screens. The food in economy was better than I have had on domestic (US) first class and the pitch was comfortable for my 6'1" frame. Attentive cabin staff who made sure I was comfortable. Drink service in Club world was excellent, a good Rose, Cointreau and Tanqueray. Lie flat bed fairly comfortable and was able to sleep for 3-4 hours. Due to changes in travel plans I had to pay a change ticket fee, but even with that and the cost to upgrade to Club World I felt that I got more than my money's worth. 1 free checked bag for World Traveller and then 3 free with Club World made navigating the airport a breeze. Will fly British Airways the next chance I get.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by A Thompson    (UK)

Gatwick to Marrakech and back. Bag drop was fast, premium security slow (not BAs fault). Faultless calm boarding, on time and a great flight with good service and refreshments. Return flight bag drop even better, departure a little late due to a technical problem, the 737s are getting on a bit. Again, great inflight service and only a little late. Bags arrived as we got to the belt. Am very glad we chose BA for a 3 hour flight. Really good.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Suhail Shafi    (USA)

I recently flew on British Airways long haul on a flight from Philadelphia to New Delhi havinh not having travelled with British Airway for around a decade. I had been a huge fan of British Airways in the past and was very curious to see how their inflight product and entertainment had changed in that time. I also was curious to see Heathrow's new Terminal 5. British Airway's overall product has improved in that time. On the first leg from Philadelphia to London, I was very happy to notice the new seats with excellent comfort with adjustable headrests and new Audio Video on Demand (AVOD) entertainment systems. I had been travelling with noise cancelling headphones, which made the experience a thoroughly enjoyable one. Inflight entertainment system is sophisticated, and I enjoyed their World music section in particular. The Asian vegetarian meals was of a high standard, for the most part. My only criticism in this area was that on the second meal (breakfast) we only were served a fruit platter and had to ask for the croissants everyone else were given. In addition, I found the chapatis on the Delhi-London sector to be hard as rocks. Otherwise the meals were very good. Terminal 5 is a gem of an airport, but the true highlight of the journey was on the London-Philadelphia sector when I had the opportunity to fly on the Dreamliner. The plane is a marvel. The windows are huge, dimmable by button too. The bathrooms are larger than usual and the flight was very smooth. Additionally the legroom on the Dreamliner is impressive - an improvement on the B777. And finally, a word about the cabin attendants. Their level of friendliness varies from person to person but for the most part they represent the best traditions of British hospitality - informal politeness. All in all, I was happy with my BA trip and they continue to perform as one of my favourite airlines.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by C Hyomes    (UK)

We have just flown economy class London to Los Angeles on the A380. Outbound the meal was chicken which I do not eat so I was offered an almost inedible pasta dish. No more food was offered until 2 hours before landing, chicken sandwiches, I asked for a replacement, cheese and chutney was offered. I was actually hungry by this time. Return journey was chicken curry replaced by vegetarian lasagne. Breakfast was awful, a cardboard box containing a croissant, jam, cereal bar and a packet of dried cranberries. The service between meals was non existent. By far the worst airline food I have ever eaten. Sorry no British Airways for us.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Shoesmith Michael    (UK)

October 16th, Ibiza to London Heathrow. Well a great service as usual and we actually arrived on time for once, 5 minutes ahead of schedule, that is a miracle for London Heathrow! The only thing about British Airways is that they only do one drinks service, I am sure two is far more appreciative as I know other scheduled airline services do more than one on a 2hr flight. Tea/Coffee only gets offered a poor once. But great flight all in all!

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Richard Hodges    (UK)

LHR-IAD-LHR, 29/9 and return 13/10. We booked our original flights on WTP on the A380 and B777 both fitted with the revamped World Traveller Plus - far more comfortable than the old style WTP with an infinitely better IFE system. So guess how pleased I was when BA changed the aircraft on both flights to the now very aged and decrepit B747's with the old style WTP. The 747's really should be pensioned off and replaced with A380's - they are old, grimy and falling to pieces. Our B747 was filthy. The catering on the way out to Washington was not too bad - a half decent fillet steak. On the way back beef again but nowhere near as nice, and a truly horrible pathetic cold hard croissant and jam that passed for breakfast. Inedible and disgraceful. Good grief, BA, can't you even pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds? The good points: both flights were on time, and the FA's were OK. That's it. This would almost be acceptable except for the final insult - charging for choosing your seat after confirmation of the flight. This is cheap, nickel and dime, low cost airline stuff and not what you should expect from the nation's flag bearing airline. No other major airline that I regularly use does this - not even small ones like Bangkok Airlines or United Express. It is shameful - even our American friends who flew BA back to Chicago were dumbfounded. You expect it on Ryanair or other low cost outfits but this really shouldn't happen on your national airline. I recommend BA but with enormous reservations - try to book on the B777 or A380 and if you don't need to choose your seat before check in you'll be OK.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by E Eriksson    (Norway)

OSL-LHR in Business. BA has over the last few years put less priority on Oslo and SAS today has a better offering. BA is the only flag carrier in Oslo that does not offer fast track security. The Menzies ground staff are doing their best but does not have any authority to help when things go wrong. Particularly the evening flights are very often delayed due to late incoming aircraft from LHR and I have several times been an hour or more delayed and lost intercontinental flights as a result. The de-icing procedure is also much slower than on SAS. The lounge in Oslo is nice but not magnificent. BA has better service in business class than SAS with better food and free middle seat. You do however pay much more than for SAS Plus. The crew was friendly and did their best on my last flight, but seemed badly trained, forgot to serve bread with the meal and spent a lot of time chatting in the galley. One sometimes miss the old well trained BA staff. SAS also very often offer internet access on the London flights which is a plus.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Dave Mcdermott    (UK)

Heathrow to Bergen, Business, no priority boarding bus out to plane which was packed - a bad start. Aircraft cold, slow cabin service and in fact glad to get off. Food was ok ,the cooked English breakfast was nice.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by S Shailes    (UK)

BA176 JFK to Heathrow 13 October 2014. The outward flight had been so awful so the return surely could not be any worse. How wrong I was. Arrived at business check-in at JFK terminal 7. No staff at desk. Boarding pass printed at machine, but had to wait nearly twenty minutes to check luggage. Agent was rude and unhelpful. Onto the BA lounge. Sagging shabby seats and no food except crisps. On asking the receptionist where the food was, I was told passengers normally use the much advertised "pre-boarding supper" facility. Asked when this opened and was told it was not operating. Eventually, some badly cut sandwiches and lumps of cheese with crackers appeared. No hot food was available. Two hours before departure, the flight was posted as four minutes late. No further information was posted. When I asked for an update thirty minutes before scheduled take-off, I was told there would be an announcement shortly. Eventually a barely audible announcement came that the plane was now boarding. The departures board had not been updated, so premium passengers were forced to shuffle along with those in the main cabin. Onboard, after presenting my boarding pass I was given a grunted down there, with no indication as to which side of the plane I was seated. On reflection, late boarding may have been a blessing. I lost count of the times I was knocked by oversized and heavy hand luggage. Eventually the safety demonstration was played on the IFE system. The sound was inaudible. Surely a safety hazard. Similarly, all announcements from the cockpit went unheard. We took off one hour and fifteen minutes late, with no explanation given for the delay. The wine selection was very limited on the flight, as was the menu, two choices of main course, and only one dessert - I asked if I could have the advertised ice cream snack for desert, to be told there was none on board. Food was barely edible. Service was poor. The cabin crew seemed intent on throwing trays round as fast as possible. My salad was served with desert (which I did not want) on the tray. The main course was overcooked beef near raw vegetables. I was made to feel a nuisance when I asked for a second glass of wine. The narrow seat converted to a narrow and not very comfortable bed. Other carriers provide mattresses and duvets. BA seem to think a tacky blanket will do. The whole service has been downgraded to the standards I would expect in economy class. The nicieties that used to mark business flights have been lost in the pursuit of profit. Given that BA charge far more that their competitors for this route, I was thoroughly disappointed. I will not use any BA flight again if there is an alternative available.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by B Kavanagh    (Australia)

Very impressed with Premium Economy on BA Sydney to Heathrow and return. Nice also, to have an unsolicited upgrade to Business on return, Singapore to Sydney.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Dave Mcdermott    (UK)

A319 Barcelona to Heathrow, Business, no announcements for boarding, so missed any chance of priority boarding. Why pay extra for something you are not going to get! Cabin service slow - over an hour until meal served, had to ask for another drink as only 1 small bottle given. They also ran out of the main choice meal and the cabin was not full, had second choice meal and this was cold. To Fly to Serve - I think not. Terrible service for an airline that is supposed to pride itself on service.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by S Shailes    (UK)

BA213 Heathrow to Boston 29/09/14 B747. There was nothing at all to commend this flight. I have had better comfort and service on low cost carriers. The seats must be the narrowest in class for any major airline. The business lounge at Heathrow is not well signed, and awkwardly placed at the top of escalators. At 0830 in the morning, the tables were overflowing with used crockery and waste food. When staff did appear, they did a very cursory clearing job. Never once in two hours, did I see any of the sticky tables being wiped down. On boarding, I was neither shown to my seat, nor addressed by name, as I have been on other airlines. When I asked for assistance in putting my hand luggage in the overhead locker - I was told in no uncertain terms, staff were not allowed to help. Again I have always had help on business flights on other airlines. In the air, the level of discomfort rose as those in the inside seats were forced to jump over my out stretched legs and cabin staff leant over me to serve the inside seats. The level of service could not remotely be considered acceptable for the price paid. Add in poor food and IFE, and decision to avoid BA flights in future was made for me.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by K Lee    (Trinidad)

I fly the POS to LGW route on a fairly regular basis and the punctuality of the flight is bad. I suffered two 6 hour delays within 5 weeks on this route. The air steward wasn't friendly at all and was borderline aggressive when asking passengers to take a seat when the fasten seatbelt sign was switched on. The inflight entertainment needs updating. The screens are small and the resolution low. The seats were not comfortable either and you can feel every movement of the passenger which is sat behind you whenever they reached for something in the seat pocket.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Andrew Duff    (UK)

LGW-AGP and back. 737-400s on both journeys. These aircraft are looking very tatty now - seats worn, cabins grimy and dingy. The 'food' was a soggy half-wrap with a filling-free miniature roll - it was unacceptable on a 2hr45m flight. No choice offered by the cabin crew even though they had 3 options. The claim that their food offering is appropriate to the time of day is hogwash - we were served exactly the same thing at 10.30am on the outbound flight as at midnight on the return. Although we benefited from it on this trip, BA need to change their hand luggage policy. There simply isn't space for 150+ passengers to bring 2 bags, which caused a lot of angst particularly on the return trip (both flights were completely full). On the upside, both flights were on time and the crews were friendly - the return crew dealt well with a potentially disruptive family group.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by John Ritchie    (UK)

Aberdeen-Heathrow-Miami and return World Traveller Plus (premium economy). Received a text from BA at 0600 that our 09:30 ABZ-LHR flight had been cancelled which would impact upon the US flight. Phoned the helpline as suggested. Utterly useless options provided by their staff which was weighted towards a ticket refund - no use for a family holiday. Made unsuitable suggestions including can you get to Aberdeen for the 7:30 flight (it was 7am and had now spent 1hr on phone to them). Gave up and just went to the airport. Fortunately BA staff there were excellent and got me on next flight to Heathrow despite breaching their own min of 1 hour requirement for connections. Flight to London was good, with good service, leather seats. Cabin crew facilitated us getting off plane first and BA staff member met us to get us to next gate ASAP for Miami flight. Service centre useless but face to face staff great. LHR-MIA flight. Aircraft, a 747, was old and tatty and WT+ seats were rubbish in comparison to Virgin product that I have experienced. Not that comfortable. Seat back TV is same as economy namely 4" across, tiny but selection was ok, and seats are fabric and didn't seem that much better than economy. Food (beef) was outstanding for aircraft food. Staff were pretty good. Aircraft on time. Return journey much the same but staff were better. Conclusion is that face to face staff great, food great. But needs a modern fleet - our 747 was really aged and their world traveller plus product needs work, with hindsight probably would have just travelled economy as leg room wasn't that much more. If you take a iPad to watch movies and are not tall economy would do the job. Their helpline needs to be addressed. Clue being in the title - HELPline. Would fly BA again but would think about their WT+ option carefully.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by D Martin    (UK)

LHR-DEN, DEN-LHR - always use upper class in VA when I can. This flight reminded me of just why I rarely fly BA. Most of the crew were disinterested. I raised a couple of points but I was told I was wrong both times. Asked for another glass of wine twice with my main, the stewardess forgot and denied that I had even asked for one. Food going out was pretty good, but coming home just awful. I for one can just not get my head round the seat formation. You stare at some stranger on take off and landing, food and drinks for passengers on the inner seats are pushed in front of your face.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by James williams    (UK)

I flew one way MCO-LGW, 6th October, the service, aircraft and overall product was so below standards and expectations British Airways has lost a customer for life. I requested assistance due to illness which I couldn't have at Orlando airport just the priority lane to help me not wait? When boarding they wouldn't let me board without checking with three people just because I was young and didn't appear to need assistance. After this I could barely make it to my seat without difficulty breathing, the crew just leant against the bulkhead and couldn't even ask if I was ok. The drinks took in excess of an hour with a lot of in and out of the galleys with no progress. The meal service took even longer and seemed disorganised, no choice by the time they got to me. The 2nd meal was a freezing cold croissant hardly edible. Why do they need to be chilled? Room temp would make them a bit better. The head rest was hanging off its housing when I boarded no attempt to fix by ground staff or reseat me into a working seat. The IFE screen was so tiny and had squares on it from the old fashioned touch screen technology definitely behind both Virgin and Thomson on this route. When I got to Gatwick the ground staff were just as awkward in providing me with assistance - if you don't look old then you shouldn't need assistance. Never again BA.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Rita Mullen    (UK)

First class flight from Toronto on Monday 6th October. The cabin crew were first class, food was very good. Smooth flight, great takeoff and landing. Would recommend flying with British Airways.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by P Oliver    (UK)

LGW to CMB via MLE and return, Sept/Oct 2014. As a British Citizen, you desperately want to like BA, but they do make it very difficult to do so. The recent documentary "A Very British Airline" whetted our appetite that perhaps a commitment to service may have returned to BA, particularly in the long-haul premium cabins. Sadly, on all the legs, the cabin service was totally indifferent without any effort to do more than the bare minimum. Attendants chewing gum, no smiles, everything was all too much effort. The only time the crew showed any animation was when talking to each other. Adequate is about the best description but it could have been so much better without any cost except a bit of effort.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Kathleen Kirby    (UK)

Flew from LGW to Catania. Lounge at Gatwick was good and staff very attentive, no lounge at Catania airport and given vouchers instead which we got a rotten cup of coffee from the BA approved cafe next to the non Schengen passport control. Flights both ways were good and we liked the Pilot pointing out Lake Geneva and telling us about our route so nicely. The return flight back to LGW, the Captain was hard to hear, and wasn't so interesting. That aside, on both journeys, we felt well looked after, with charming FAs. The food was also good too, and we landed on time. Baggage came very quickly at LGW, but at Catania airport it was a bit of a carnival! I'm afraid Catania airport is the worst airport I've been through, but there you go! I think it is one of the joys of travelling.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Guillaume Christian    (St. Lucia)

St Lucia to London round trip. Full flight both ways, quite unhappy staff on return leg, tiny seatback screens and poor selection of entertainment, meals satisfactory (taste was ok and enough to fill me up, both legs on time but was quite expensive for the service I got. Would fly them again if they are the cheaper option.

British Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

LHR-MXP-LHR 6th October. check-in/bag drop at LHR pretty slow again - used lounge T5 South which I always like. A320 out which appeared new - a full flight of around 1.5hrs with a sandwich and drink served. Crew very nice and we arrived slightly early. Return check-in quick and then a long walk to the lounge which was shared with 5 or 6 airlines - OK not much food but pretty quiet and nice place to wait for flight. A319 on return full, again crew very nice the same sandwich and drinks served - arrived back at T5 on time, no bags so out within 20 min.

British Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by D Rahmatallah    (UK)

777-200 4-class, refitted with the new World Traveller and WT Plus cabins. LHR-DEL-LHR. Very disappointed. On the outbound flight, the food choice was gone before they reached the 4th row of the economy cabin, meaning that myself and the rest of the cabin had to have the second choice meal - second choice for good reason. It was a truly unpleasant tray of food. The real issue is the introduction of possibly the largest entertainment equipment box in the floor space I have ever seen. It literally takes up half of the floor, and prevents you from stretching both legs out. I don't know if this is exclusive to the refitted B777's, but it is certainly a side effect of the new IFE, and isn't there on the the older cabins. The box seems to be under every window seat on both sides of the cabin. I really don't understand what the cabin designers were thinking allowing this box to take up so much of the space that is already so precious. They could have at least rounded off the corners. It seems rushed and last minute. This means that I am now avoiding BA when booking a trip if they are operating the B777 on the desired route. Bye bye Executive Club silver.

British Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by J Lavelle    (Ireland)

Booked a seat in World Traveller (Ecomomy) for an extra €60 each way. This was to get an exit seat with legroom and a window. Seat was advertised as window exit. Yes it was an exit seat but there was no window at the seat. The slide / raft box protruded from the exit door greatly reducing the amount of space for legroom. Seat beside me was empty but a guy was quickly moved into it when he asked for it, despite us having to pay €60 each way for these seats. Stewardesses were friendly but service was almost non existent. The child portion chicken dinner was in no way filling. Was hungry throughout whole flight. No food or snacks offered until about 1.5 hours before landing when I was given a cheese roll with no butter or mayonnaise, completely dry and unappetising.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by S Mordey    (UK)

BA1326 LHR-NCL. 10.10.14. I arrived on time at LHR from Brazil using a different carrier. Journey thus far was enjoyable and on time. I know that that shortest final hop up to the north east is usually the most problematic and unpleasant, so I arrived fully expecting to land at Newcastle and get home late. However yesterday morning I was wrong, my flight wasn't running late, it was cancelled! I had a particularly revolting encounter with one of their "professionals" in T5. My courtesy and understanding towards the inept individual who was there to assist delayed passengers, was rewarded with the cheap nasty, passive aggressive and generally dismissive attitude which is offered so frequently by BA these days. No apology or empathy just waffle and rubbish. It's just simply not good enough, and a terrible reflection of what our flag carrier has become. To cut a long story short, I arrived at NCL seven hours late. And no surprises my luggage was left behind at T5. But then again BA only had seven hours to transfer it onto my flight. Well done BA! Simply the worst customer service that I have ever experienced anywhere!

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Jane Jasper    (Spain)

BA038 PEK to LHR 28-09-14 Business Class B747-400. First time I have flown BA long haul and in view of the many unhappy travellers on this site - I was keen to see for myself. I can honestly say I have never experienced such a dreadful flight. Antiquated and filthy plane is an experience I would never want to make again. The seating in Business class downstairs is a disgrace I was unlucky enough to have the aisle seat 17G which turned in to a flat bed, so narrow my body and I am small was over the main aisle when asleep being continuously bumped and pushed. Absolutely no privacy in this seat and every one coming out of the toilet and standing and waiting the kitchen area could see my every move. Completely unacceptable. No mattress and only a small blanket. There is nowhere to put even a pair of glasses or a bottle of water once the tray table was put up (necessary to sleep). To get to the centre seats where my husband was - a dirty plastic ‘window’ had to be slid down and hot beverages and food had to be passed across the whole time encroaching on my personal space (what there was of it.) My husband said the middle seats trapped passengers in and getting out involved stepping over people. Extremely difficult for short people. The whole design of the business class seats is very uncomfortable and seriously flawed. The food was badly presented and unappetising. The PA system from the flight deck was inaudible I could not hear the Captain in the pre flight information announcement The other issue was a very mediocre in flight entertainment system, which took an hour to get going, and even the flight tracking information was not available for the whole flight. They weren’t overly concerned just superficial apologies. The toilets were filthy and grimy. The floor edges and all around the basin area where bits were falling off were thick with dirty grease. I looked into the galley and that too including the floors and edges of preparation benches was full of grime. Total disgrace. The Cabin Crew seemed in a state of disorganised chaos having a great view of seeing it all from my seat. Very little contact with passengers other than rather arrogant looks all round. Needless to say I will never travel BA long haul again. They need to get on to an Emirates Airline and see how it should be done. As a regular long-haul traveller on Emirates the difference between these companies is indisputable. Perhaps the so-called ‘loyal’ BA customers have never been on a Emirates flight to compare the difference.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by J Weber    (USA)

We flew BA from London to Dulles DC 10/8/2014. Unfortunately we were seated in economy so space was very tight but the staff could not have been anymore accommodating which greatly helped.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by J Martin    (UK)

B787. Just returned from a London - Toronto - London flight. BA appear to be proud of their new "Dreamliner" but they have scored a real own-goal by cramming 9 seats into each row, 3+3+3. The only way this has been achieved is by fitting seats that are far narrower than the norm. We are well used to airlines having unjustifiably uncomfortable seat pitch but this was the first time I have found myself wedged into such a narrow seat - and I am quite slimly-built! Unless BA changes their 787s to a less-cramped layout I will now have no alternative but to make sure I am not flying in a 787, thus often avoiding BA altogether. I will let a BA steward have the last word: "The first time I sat in one of these seats I could not believe how bad they are" - and he, like me, is slim. Come on BA - start having a little regard for your customers' comfort and health.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by M Richards    (UK)

I travelled to Hong Kong with British Airways from Heathrow on a 777-200 outbound and one of their new A380's on the way back, both in World Traveller. It had been a long time since I had travelled with BA (18 years!) but it was one of my better flying experiences. I didn't know what to expect this time round but the seats had plenty of leg room on the 777 on the way out. I was annoyed as I was told to pull my window blind down as other people were sleeping, although I had specifically asked for the window seat for a reason. However the crew were great and asked if I'd like to look out of the window by the jump seat, which I did for a good few hours! Not only that, the crew called the flight crew and the co-pilot walked to the back of the plane to have a chat with me and gave me a map with all the points of interest highlighted with the times we would be above them! Airlines don't have to spend any money to truly satisfy passengers. The seat on the 777 was quite comfortable and the IFE had plenty of selection. The food was good, not dried out and it was tasty. All the toilets were operational and were clean. On the way back I was upstairs on the A380. The aircraft was extremely clean, comfortable and the A380 was ever so quiet in all areas of the flight which really surprised me. I really loved the 'seat locker' next to my window seat which easily fitted the contents of my hand luggage. Food was good again and the crew were again amazing allowing me to visit the flight deck after the flight had safely arrived at Heathrow. Toilets were clean and tody and all operational and the IFE was good. Leg room was good. The only thing I would say is that the IFE does take up a lot of space under the seat meaning that hand luggage cannot really be stored there and it can get in the way of your feet.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

LHR-MXP-LHR. Check in/bag drop at T5 once again very slow, appears to be a staff shortage at some times of the day. My FFS allows me to use the lounge so I had time for a quick coffee, I like the BA lounges at T5. Boarding on time, seat 26A on a A320 seemed new with a nice crew a snack and a drink served. Return check in quick Milan Malpenza Airport is horrible! Managed to find lounge close to B35 limited food but quiet, wifi was poor although there is a smoking lounge. Boarding quick seat 19A and another newish A319, full flight snack and drink served crew very chatty early arrival at T5. Good product although I booked on day of travel so a bit expensive.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by P Wylie    (Australia)

Took 6 BA flights as part of a OneWorld RTW trip. JFK to Berlin via LHR, then 4 days later Berlin to MAN via LHR, and 6 weeks later Nice to DXB again via LHR. All flights on time, all cabin crew polite, attentive and thoroughly professional. Refreshments, meals and drinks all appropriate for the flights and times of day. It was a pleasure to fly BA after 5 flights with AA. Just one small attitude problem with a ground agent at LHR while boarding for DXB. We were snapped at and told to wait while other passengers (presumably business class) boarded. We were not in the business class 'line', but just happened to be standing near one of the two gates where boarding passes were checked. The ground agent obviously thought that we were economy class passengers trying to board early. Overall a 99% satisfactory rating for these flights. Did not use IFE so unable to give a rating.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Mark Freyton    (UK)

Flown 6 flights on BA recently, generally satisfied, though cost cutting in Business Class seems to have got out of hand. Club Kitchen snacks are shrinking with little left half way through long flights and meals, and choice less. Although there are many new business class seats out there that are better BA is still acceptable, especially the very private window seats. Crew usually excellent, and baggage delivery consistent at terminal 5. My one complaint over these 6 flights would be that no effort is made to control, the amount of hand baggage on board, even on short flights boarding takes so long while stressed crew are trying to find space for large and heavy bags when some people have two or three large bags each. Two out of six flights were delayed because of this while they offloaded some bags that would not fit. Recent flights with Easyjet have not had this problem, they enforce their rules so we all know where we stand.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Dick John Parfett    (Mexico)

Without being completely detrimental to BA, I Have found the airline has become tired, and lacking in Customer Service from the Cabin Crew, as I fly economy class at Company expense, this class of traveler is viewed by the cabin staff as something to be tolerated until the end of the flight. The aircraft that I fly on from London to Mexico city are 747-400, these aircraft have obviously travelled many hundreds of thousands of air miles, the seats are mostly very worn and hard, a 12 to 13 hour flight leaves one with a very numb part of the anatomy, toilets seats are more often than not insecure or broken. Food offered is now without a menu, you get what you are given or go without from two choices, the famous BA breakfast is now no more, just a sandwich or a frozen roll. The inflight entertainment is often non functional and regular resetting of the system is quite normal, sound quality is always very bad. My comments are not directed at just one flight or one aircraft only, I have seen this deterioration over quite a few years, whilst I fully appreciate economy and money saving is today's norm, major airlines to my mind should think customer satisfaction at all levels, not just the First class and Business class customers. I have seen other airlines achieve and maintain very high standards in today's economic world of airline travel, but sadly BA seem to be trailing to an embarrassing extent.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Deb Woolley    (UK)

Travelled to Cyprus from Gatwick in economy as thought this would be fine as use them internally in UK. As we are tall thought seat pitch would be same as home. Wrong. Dreadful flight in extremely cramped cabin, my husband was virtually trapped by the seat in front and the only saving grace was that we had a spare seat in between us otherwise I think we would have been standing most of the way. Poor service and truly awful food, if you could call it food. Wrap and small roll with nice chocolate dessert. Wrap was soggy and inedible, roll dry and hardly had any filling. Only one round of drinks, then tea etc with food on a flight of4.5 hours. Really smelly toilets and air conditioning poor. Aircraft old and just a bad flight experience. Took off late too! Have travelled in considerably better flights with charter airlines and following this experience WILL NOT be patronising BA again in economy once we have suffered the return flight! Have gone business class which is good but economy is dreadful.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Philip Clacher    (Australia)

Don't even think about flying on this airline. Booked, paid for and confirmed last February for a premium economy flight Singapore to Sydney for last Saturday. When I checked in at Changi the check-in staff member told me the incoming flight from London was overbooked and I was downgraded to economy (against my wishes obviously). I would never have booked BA but for the premium economy offering, so huge disappointment. GB75 compensation is simply not good enough. Add to that the economy meal was inedible (what did they do to the seafood curry). Never again.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by G Clement    (UK)

Route: Heathrow - Toronto, First Class, daytime flight. Check-in / security: The former was smooth, friendly and efficient. The latter was very poor, on the basis that BA make no special provision for security with F class passengers either at their own hub (Heathrow Terminal 5) or any destination. F class passengers are not escorted which I consider to be a significant shortfall when clearing immigration and boarding flights. Lounge: Flagship lounge (Concorde Room) is quiet, elegant, reasonably well staffed and conveniently located after security. Good food in civilised portions served in the restaurant and a good selection of wines. IFE and Amenities: The TV is fairly decent, even on the refurbed 747s. Comfortable seats / beds with decent bedding and PJs. Good leg room, which I notice at 6'2". Practical sized amenity kit which is fairly well stocked. Food: Decent food and well presented. Selection is sufficient, but no special options available pre-boarding. Crew: Generally affable crew who were professional. Not the fastest of service in comparison to other F products. Crew and captain introduced themselves to a number of passengers, which sits between those airlines where all passengers are chatted with and those who don't. I would say BA have the right approach, in that crew seem to visually assess whether a passenger looks like they would invite a social conversation - rather than imposing it anyway.

British Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by F Klajner    (Canada)

Flew from IST to LHR on September 29. In short, an abomination for a business class flight lasting nearly 4 hours. It started with a dirty, dingy, cramped lounge, with very limited and low-quality food and drink selection, and located very far from the boarding gates. I have used the Star Alliance lounge at Ataturk Airport, and it is light years ahead of the BA lounge. The plane was an ancient B767. The business class seats had little leg room or recline, were packed out, hard and very uncomfortable. It took 1 hour for any drink or food service to start, and we were served warm champagne and a small bag of stale nuts. This was followed by a hot meal which was totally different from that described in the menu which had been handed out, and this became apparent only when the food service began. There were only two choices, nothing vegetarian. The crew were disengaged, disinterested and dismissive. The entertainment system consisted of only several old screens suspended from the ceiling and showing the movie Godzilla, which doubtless was a big hit with the 12 year olds in the audience. At the end of the flight, we were given fast-track cards to speed up our passage through customs. Unfortunately, only 3 of the 6 fast-track booths were open, and we ended up effectively in the slow-track line. To add insult to injury, this business class flight cost $200 more than that of its competitor, Turkish Airlines, and bore little resemblance to the business class service and cabin described on the BA website. Shame on British Airways for this product.

British Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by G Gibb    (UK)

LGW to SZG. Absolutely useless for a scheduled service and would not recommend to anyone. Booked flights to Salzburg for travel in September way back in April and chose the 13.45pm flight as most convenient even though more expensive. Luckily we arranged an overnight stop in Gatwick as we live in the North of England as otherwise don't know what we would have done when our flight was cancelled with notice only being given about 9.30pm the night before. We were put on the 7.15 am flight which meant being at Gatwick for 5am. This is a much cheaper flight but no partial refund is available, its take it or leave it with BA. Our subsequent onward travel plans were also in disarray because of this and it was a most unpleasant and stressful start to our holiday. Having taken the trouble to complain to BA I am amazed it took 8 days to send a most unsatisfactory short response which ended with "we hope you fly with us again to restore your confidence in our service". BA need to learn that scheduled service means just that and plans are made around the timings that cant just be altered with no notice. I would not trust or travel with them again.

British Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by G Boyle    (UK)

BA92, 4/10/14, YYZ-LHR, B787, G-ZBJE. If you want to know what Ryanair long haul will be like sit in E on the BA 787. Appalling legroom, seat width and non functioning IFE. Gold Card holder flying around 200 trips a year. Absolutely horrendous experience, good luck to anyone taking the 12hr+ trip to Chengdu on it! New plane with the smallest seats ever. Many passengers tried to stand the entire trip to avoid the discomfort! If you are anything more than a medium build and have a bum and hips you will have a very uncomfortable flight. I am not one to moan, but this is the end for me BA!

British Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Guy Senior    (UK)

Very comfortable return flight to Hannover in Club Europe. The A319 appeared to be new, good food for a short flight and very good value.

British Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by J Hill    (USA)

Just took British from London to Seattle. Tired airplane. Flew business class. Very basic service. No wifi. Nobody checking to see if you were interested in something to drink. Basic packaged food. Very disappointed.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |