British Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

British Airways
3.5 Star Rating: Good

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2014 by T Atmore    (UK)

LHR to SIN on a Sunday afternoon. It took less than 20 minutes from checking in bags to being comfortably seated in the Concorde Room. Satisfactory choice of wines complemented a delicious lunch. Boarded quickly. First Class cabin was full with 14 passengers. The cabin crew were welcoming and attentive throughout the flight. Nothing over the top, just right. Take off delayed by almost an hour, but better safe than sorry. Captain kept us informed on progress. Food and beverages throughout the flight were very good. Can't comment on the entertainment system as did not switch on; but the guide indicated an ample choice of films and TV shows, etc. Bed made up with no fuss. Took own PJs as this feels more comfortable. Slept for 8 hours. Woke 2 hours before landing. Juice, smoothies, coffees offered. Orders taken for breakfast - I declined, although my husband commented that his full English was surprisingly delicious. The cabin crew remained remarkably upbeat and professional. Bags waiting in Arrivals; straight through immigration into taxi. Checked into hotel just 40 minutes after landing. Well done BA (and Changi).

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Reimer Holst    (Germany)

On my flight from Cape Town to Heathrow I had the pleasure of being downgraded from Business to Economy because BA overbooked heavily (was not the only passenger affected - so be warned). The flight was horrible. Approaching the airline about the refund has not been successful yet - only machines, no people. Never again.

British Airways Customer review :  15 April 2014 by N Pethurst    (UK)

We flew from LHR to Boston with our skiing equipment. For 1 ski bag and 1 boot bag we were charged 244 excess baggage. This is a rip off. I contacted their customer services team 3 times as they didn't get back to me when they said they would. Apparently Virgin do not charge extra for your ski equipment bags. We will be taking our custom to them from now on.

British Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by R Girvan    (UK)

Flew LHR-BOS-JFK-LHR. The biggest issue with BA in Traveller/Traveller + is the inconsistency in the hard product. Outbound on a refurbished 777, comfortable seats, clean, fresh cabin and the new excellent Thales IFE. Return on an old 747, grubby cabin with lots of faulty equipment (broken TVs, window trim, overhead luggage bins out of use etc.). It's so disappointing that you can have such a different experience on similar trips/routes and it's nothing to do with service/crew it's the actual aircraft! The breakfast offering is also truly appalling - a small muffin or a rock solid croissant, why even bother BA?

British Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Berry Nick    (UK)

LHR to SIN, seat 1A. Concorde Room quiet but nice and relaxed. Boarding for once excellent with First and card holders on early. Service excellent by old style crew and food and wine truly first class. Slept 7hours and bags waiting.

British Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Rusanu Rucsandra    (Romania)

I have flown BA frequently but this flight was the worst in terms of cabin crew! The flight was nice. Our food was served over Budapest so almost 2 hours after take off which is quite a big delay being a 3 hour flight! I was not hungry so food itself was not a problem, but the cabin crew were very disorganized and kept moving back and forth, not allowing any passengers to rest as they kept serving drinks and food. Normally this route is very smooth and food and drinks are served within 1 hour so passengers can either sleep or read, etc.

British Airways Customer review :  12 April 2014 by Christine Ferster    (Australia)

We booked premium economy flights from Brisbane to London with Qantas and British Airways. The first leg, Brisbane to Singapore, was with Qantas and was excellent, separate check in, dedicated cabin crew, great comfortable seats and a different menu from economy. Overall a great experience. Imagine the difference with British Airways. At Singapore airport my husband and I discovered that we had been given seats well apart in the cabin and it took several efforts on our behalf to get seats together. We then found that there was not a separate check in line, that the seats were very little different from economy and the food was exactly the same as economy. The seating, the service, the food and the overall experience will ensure that we will probably never fly BA premium economy again. What a contrast with the Qantas experience. Unfortunately we are booked to fly back to Australia with them.

British Airways Customer review :  12 April 2014 by R Goddard    (UK)

Transferred to BA flight after our United flight was cancelled. Flew on new 787 Dreamliner. The was our best flight for some time. Okay, the space in economy was standard and the entertainment box beneath the seat in front is always a pain but can't be avoided. The 787 was very comfortable, quiet and had an audible PA which is a rarity. The food was very good - possibly the nicest food on a plane we've had in years and the service very attentive. Admittedly the plane was not full but perhaps the staff enjoy flying on the Dreamliner as much as the passengers! Have not flown outside Europe with BA for some time so this was a very pleasant experience.

British Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by Alan Wingrove    (UK)

I was very pleasantly surprised by the level of service and the ease with which our city-break happened. The only thing BA lack is the 'human touch'. I booked a short break away for our first wedding anniversary, booking the flight, hotel and private transfer on BA's website. We glided through T5 at Heathrow and were well looked after in the Club lounge. The flight to Barcelona was on time and, when we arrived, a driver was waiting for us. We were taken to our hotel in a comfortable Mercedes and the hotel - K+K Picasso - was all we anticipated. On the date of our departure our paperwork said we would be collected 3 hours before our flight was due to depart - and we were! Another comfortable trip back to the airport and, once again, we glided through. A brilliant break - without any human contact at all.

British Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by M Harley    (Australia)

I booked an aisle seat 4 months before travel with both Cathy Pacific and BA, outward travel got the seat with Cathay but not with BA. No reason given, on asking about my seat was told cabin full. On homeward trip asked at Edinburgh, told no you have middle seat, explained I booked an aisle seat, told to ask at Heathrow. Lady was so dismissive so endured almost 12 hours in middle seat again with BA. Was so disappointed with BA, how is it possible that Cathay can give me the seat I choose 4 months in advance but BA ignored my request. Total disregard for my prior booking and unfriendly dismissive attitude from staff at Heathrow. I am an older retired lady and I was completely ignored by all staff.

British Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by B Rouve    (Switzerland)

Flew BA 2202 on Sunday April 6th from Cancun to Gatwick. Although we fly regularly this route this last experience with BA was not to remember. The premium economy seats and LCD screens are now really way substandard. The food is basic, especially when you are given a sandwich with tomato for breakfast (why not a croissant?) and a cereal bar made from cardboard. Also on this flight the staff was particularly inattentive, non existent and want-to-be- somewhere-else.

British Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by A Dave    (USA)

We flew round trip from LAX to Madrid via London in Bus Class (Club Europe), A380 in the LAX-London sector, March 26-April 5th. We had one of the worst experiences for the LAX-London sectors both ways! Going, flight delayed by 1.5 hrs. and we barely made our London-Madrid connection with no help anywhere from BA reps at London airport! Return was horrible. Boarding in London on time and sitting in the plane for 3+hrs. Throughout the flight, the attendants' attitude was sulky and inattentive! landed at LAX 3 hrs late, sat in the plane for 20 mins and everyone got up with their luggage to depart the plane but were we were asked to sit down because they parked at some unknown location! Again to another location and then in a Bus to LAX Int'l Terminal!

British Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by O Ekland    (Norway)

BA770, LHR-OSL, Club Class. A320 with said new Club Europe seats (according to crew). Fixed configuration 3-3 with vacant mid-seat (2-2). If this is the long awaited refurbishment of Club Europe, it is disappointing. It is a step down from the "old" / recent seats, where A and C are pushed together and D and F are pulled apart, creating a distinct BA club class cabin product and seat config. Furthermore, the curtain-cabin-divider was only partly installed, and two overhead lockers in the small club cabin taped shut/broken. Two tray tables in my row were broken. BA came fairly close to loosing a loyal customer.

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by A Turner    (UK)

Flew BA106 night flight from DXB to LHR on 6th April, had 4 seats in Business for the family and I. Used the lounge before departing which is located between gates 22/26, which was quite some distance away from the departure gate C11, which logistically just doesn't make sense. The layout of the business class seating with BA just doesn't work, particularly when compared with the equivalent with Emirates or Virgin. The way the foot rest is designed means that when flat you have no easy access to the aisle if you are located in the middle two seats, you have to carefully climb over the seats in front of you should you wish to use the toilet, it's like playing twister at 35000 feet. When climbing back in be careful of the locking arm on the footrest when it's at 90 degrees as when you climb back over you may slam your shin onto it. The ergonomics of the seats just don't work, storage on the floor once the foot rest is down is hard to reach, getting out of the chair is difficult, having food served to you though the hatch is awkward and difficult. The Cabin crew on duty that night just weren't that helpful, accommodating or welcoming, my view was they did the least possible to service the flight. I had to ask for papers, which I never got, I had to ask for drink top up's, had to ask for tea/coffee at breakfast, just not what you would expect when paying business class fares (4 business class fares). Throughout the whole flight, at no point did the crew walk the isle and just make themselves present, check on the passengers, in fact it was a rather turbulent flight, probably lasting for at least two hours, not once did they check or reassure any of the passengers. There was clearly something amiss with this crew, I flew out on the 109 a week earlier and the crew on that flight were absolutely brilliant, couldn't have done more for the passengers and really did BA proud, it really is a shame that there is such a massive gap in what should be a universal service delivery, I would not consider this route again with BA, only Emirates or Virgin who provide a better cabin and consistent service levels.

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by J McConkey    (Australia)

Flew Sydney-Hong Kong on Qantas in their impeccable First, and transferred to BA to try our their new A380. Seated in 1A - seat is next to 2 storage cupboards under stairs and staff constantly opening and closing all night for personal stuff plus the mattress covers, blanks for First seats. Had tasting menu - the food was woeful - and crew setting next course on my table before I had finished previous course - whole 'experience' over in about 20mins. Crew friendly but lacked experience and professionalism of the previous QF flight. Flown on better budget airlines!

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Robert Nugent    (UK)

Glasgow to Heathrow, Heathrow to LA, 18th March. LA to Heathrow, Heathrow to Glasgow, 30th March. Firstly I would like to say our experience on all 3 flights: 2 domestic and 2 international, my only complaint was on the return night flight back from USA on waking after a nights sleep I was looking forward to a typical British Breakfast. What a big letdown when my breakfast arrived and I was given a cardboard box containing a hard croissant, granola bar, tea butter jam. This is not what we expect.

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by P Ellis    (UK)

We travelled BA premium economy between LHR and San Diego, outbound before Christmas, returning early Jan. I'm very neutral about these 11 hour flights. The seats were ok, we managed to get the bulkhead seats in the PE cabin, which meant that there was no recline intrusion from the seats in front. The IFE screen was too small, the outbound food was so appalling I didn't even try it on the return flight. The cabin crew were average. Basically, this flight got us from the UK to San D without having to change on the (weather vulnerable) East coast. The flights were on time and reasonably priced. I'd happily fly this airline on this route again, knowing I'll probably have a reasonable experience.

British Airways Customer review :  5 April 2014 by Berry Nick    (UK)

Oslo to LHR. Delayed boarding but left slightly late. Served pre dinner drinks quickly by good crew and tasty dinner with wine. Full in club but very efficient .Landed on time but on remote gate. Bus to terminal and bags waiting.

British Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by A Fowler    (UK)

LHR-ATL on 777. I had high expectations of First Class but was bitterly disappointed with the following: 1) My wife and I were ignored by BA staff at the First Class check-in area whilst they had a private conversation. What a terrible first impression to give to your customers. 2) The Concorde Lounge (supposedly their premium lounge) was crowded and noisy. We had to wait a long time to be served. 3) The member of cabin crew that served me was unfriendly and forgot to serve part of my meal. 4) The food was terrible! My steak was like a piece of leather and the vegetables were soggy. I left most of the food, and on the way home I avoided the in-flight food all together. 5) On our return flight my in-flight entertainment system was not working properly. Overall, I am extremely disappointed with BA and am now using other airlines for much of my travel.

British Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by L Burton    (UK)

LHR-JFK Return. Both Flights was decent, staff very pleasant throughout. Meal wasn't the greatest but hey. Drinks free throughout which is perfect, movies on the seat TV were ok but no massive selection. All in all though a good service.

British Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by K Barrance    (UK)

LHR-HAM on A319. Oh dear what has happened to BA? Paying for a full service airline and all you get is a packet of crisps and a coffee for 'lunch' and tight economy seating that you feel crammed in. It's not worth the hassle to go to Heathrow. Next time EasyJet for me, sorry BA.

British Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Chander Ahluwalia    (USA)

JFK-LHR-EWR, Premium Economy: The lounge at JFK remains hospitable and friendly but needs some updating. Day flight outbound. The 747-400 prem econ cabin is showing its age as is the plane. The noise and vibration, the boring color scheme but the friendly crew and decent food made the flight overall comfortable. The return journey - late evening was marred by chaos caused by the fog earlier in the day, a 30 min queue for club world bag drop off and passengers trying to rebook flights meant few desks were available. The lounge had a tasty variety of food and I even managed to have an ice cream before boarding. The dream liner (787) is truly a new age way to travel. The prem cabin is pleasing to the eye and the adaptable head rests and better use of space, differentiates prem from the regular economy cabin. Several drink services, good food and a cabin crew who were polite and friendly. The on demand service is comprehensive and I found a couple of films I'd been planning on seeing. Noise cancelling headphones are a nice touch but if only there was some internet or text messaging capability!

British Airways Customer review :  3 April 2014 by R Vines    (UK)

I flew First to Miami from Heathrow in the old configuration. The service was friendly and the seat was fine. But I cannot forgive British Airways for the food they are serving in First. It lets down all the people in London who work so hard to improve the image of British cuisine. It was similar when I flew First a couple of years back.

British Airways Customer review :  3 April 2014 by I Laing    (UK)

I found the breakfast on BA flight was awful. So unhealthy all sugar. It was inappropriate. The fares are so expensive, the seats in economy so tight that you need to be a size 10 to be comfortable. Please BA up your standard. I would prefer to pay an extra 10 and have a healthy breakfast. Had I known how uncomfortable the seating was in economy I would have willingly paid to upgrade my seat. Not impressed in this day when travellers have expectations of being comfortable. The journey is about feeling someone's knee in your back most of the time and trying to be polite. BA should be unique with all passengers getting a comfortable flight, not a sardine flight. As a future traveller in the next few months I may consider not flying with BA. Certainly not the best.

British Airways Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Mark Stanger    (UK)

In the last 10 days I travelled LHR-LAX and then JFK-LHR with BA and it served to perfectly highlight the airlines biggest current challenge, the inconsistency of the product. LHR-LAX on the stunning new A380 but with a cabin crew that appeared to be going through the motions at best, travelled back JFK-LHR with an engaging crew but on a very tired old 747 which had long seen it's best days. There needs to be more consistency in personnel and fleet (or least the presentation of the fleet).

British Airways Customer review :  1 April 2014 by J Chrzanowski    (USA)

My worst travel experience, the A380 and World Traveler Plus seating notwithstanding. Just because you purchase a ticket, do not assume that you can pick a seat as you do with all other airlines. BA has invented a "need", i.e., to guarantee a seat within a section, and charges for it (unless you wait until 24 hours before you flight and risk not sitting next to a partner, children, etc.). On my round-trip to Spain, $50 each way, and only on the first leg., per person. The "food" on the London-Madrid flight consists of a ham and cheese sandwich on flat- bread. Clarification: one thin slice each of ham and cheese and a piece of soggy lettuce on a thick and tasteless piece of flat-bread. One the London-LAX trip, cod that I mistook initially for a baked potato. Dry and tasteless. Accompanied by something greyish in color, also tasteless, which I never could identify, and what turned out to be a potato dish in a separate container that was frankly inedible. Pathetic does not describe what I got for a $1800+ ticket. On the plus side, the BA flight attendants are wonderful and make every effort to make travelers comfortable. Unless I have absolutely no alternative, I will never fly British Airways again.

British Airways Customer review :  1 April 2014 by C Hirsch    (UK)

Flew LHR-Milan Linate at 12.50 on 27th March in Club Europe. Arrived at the airport at 11.30am and hand luggage only quickly through fast track at T5. Straight to Galleries South Lounge - very busy but managed to find a quiet spot in the corner near the coffee machines in lounge by 11.45. Knew I would be getting lunch on plane so grabbed a sparkling water and kettle chips and caught up on some work. Staff helpful and proactive in lounge. Luckily boarding gate was just downstairs so left lounge at 12.20 and priority boarding worked well and I was in my seat 3D by 12.30. Warmly greeted by experienced cabin crew member who kindly took my jacket for me. After take off, hot towels were distributed in the Club Europe cabin (about 14 people) followed shortly by drinks service and tasty lunch and tea/coffee. Drinks constantly being replenished right up until the end of the flight when crew had to commence safety checks for landing. I liked how I never saw the staff chatting in the galley and were always present in the view of the customer, very professional. A wonderful little treat given I don't usually travel in Club Europe but was offered a 59 upgrade in manage my booking immediately after booking a hand-baggage only fare for around the same price. Excellent value for money for a much much better service and tier points/avios bonuses.

British Airways Customer review :  1 April 2014 by C Kay    (UK)

Johannesburg - Heathrow using Avios. Upper deck in Club World. Very comfortable flat bed, reasonable entertainment options, good wines, and friendly FAs. However, the choice and quality of food was dreadful. Starters just passed the acceptability test, but my steak and my wife's salmon were very poor.

British Airways Customer review :  1 April 2014 by G Crowther    (UK)

BA 213, LHR-BOS, 23/3/14. BA 212, BOS-LHR, 28/3/14. Excellent service from start to finish. This was the best economy class experience we have had on both the 213 out and also on the 212 home on 28/3/14. I'm 6'2" and had no problem with legroom and even though we had bulkhead seats one way they still reclined (very comfy with the adjustable wings and headrest), the cabin was clean both flights, the inflight entertainment system was excellent and even the food was very good on both flights. I have another long haul holiday with BA in November (LHR to JFK) and am already looking forward to flying with BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Ant Richards    (UK)

DFW-LHR on 23 March. B747-400. Last leg of a return trip to JAX. Inbound in WTP via MIA (comment supplied). Being my first trip in First in many years, my main expectation and concern was whether I would have the new upgraded cabin, especially after noticing the flight to MIA still had the older cabin. After a heart-stopping race from my feeder flight from JAX at the other end of the terminal, I finally made it to the boarding gate, my breath following soon after. Priority boarding worked well, and as soon as l turned left, the sophisticated luxury of First awaited. Seat 2A welcomed me in pristine condition. As soon as I made myself comfortable I was approached by the cabin purser who introduced herself, addressing me by my name and offering me the amenity bag and pyjamas. That followed by pre-take of drinks including champagne, water or juices. I noticed thought that the champagne was already served, so a bit of luxury touch lacking there. Pushback slightly delayed, but with little impact on the flight-time and subsequent arrival into LHR. Once airborne, the bar service started. Roasted nuts were duly replaced by a bowl of crisps (I have a nut allergy), washed down with a Taittinger Prestige Rose, graciously replenished. I requested dinner for two hours after take off so I could finalise some work on my laptop. Three- course dinner comprised of Seared Mayan prawns with mango and chilli salad, followed by Mustard seed-braised short rib of beef and its garnish. Dessert was a NY cheese cake with rhubarb chutney. Food I admit was tasty but I feel lacked the wow factor one expects in First Class. I've had similar fare in Business Class, on BA as well as other carriers. Room for improvement there. In general, service was what you expect on BA premium classes; friendly, efficient; non-intrusive and tasteful. The seat amenities were great, the blinds concept for the windows very well thought, but seat, although comfortable in both sitting, lounging and sleeping position, is still behind the offerings of the likes of EK, SQ, JL or NH. Still, if the food offering is addressed, it is a good product and one that one can indulge in during their promo periods (specially if you could combine with say, Club or WTP).

British Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Colin Pay    (UK)

LGW-FCO, NAP-LGW, A319 out B737 back. Both flights on time, crews very good. Beer and sandwich both ways.

British Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Ant Richards    (UK)

LHR-Miami on 19 March. Nowadays, flying BA is a bit hit and miss. This flight, operated by a tired looking B747-400. First the positives. Bag drop-off was swift, although, being a Sapphire card holder entitles me to Club Class check-in, so that was a plus. However, agent was efficient, friendly and helpful. Boarding at the B satellite was orderly despite the full load. Onboard, cabin crew well organised and managed to get everyone in place for a timely pushback. Flight was smooth, information from flight deck frequent and friendly as is usually the case on BA flights. Cabin crew, mainly male in the WTP cabin were also friendly and helpful, if somewhat slow at times. Now the not so positives. Interiors, at least in WTP and WT cabins are showing their age. Despite the great aircraft's that B747-400s are, it's high time for BA to phase them out in favor of the more efficient and modern A380 and B777-300ER, if only to enjoy the new upgraded and refreshed interiors. Seats were not necessarily uncomfortable for a day flight but still wouldn't pay full whack for a WTP ticket. Video screen too small and old for today's standards so difficult to enjoy the entertainment. Mainly stuck to audio on this flight. Finally, food was way below par. Edible, because I was hungry, but just about that. Not the worst I've had, but certainly not as good as other flights I've had on BA. Again, hit and miss experience. With BA longhaul, it's all down to the aircraft you're flying. Where possible I try to avoid their B747s.

British Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Liam O'Brien    (Singapore)

LHR-SIN. How do they get away with flying their ancient 747s on this route - inflight entertainment did not work, cabin tired and shabby, flight noisy (when compared to A380), food nothing very good. On a packed flight taking 13 hours you really owe it to your customers to have fully functioning entertainment, which my seat did not. The small screen was so knackered that it was practically unviewable and all the adjustments were not working. Crew were professional, but could not do anything about it. Have up to now gone for direct flights, but would rather go for Emirates now who have new A380s but stop in Middle East.

British Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by J McLauchlan    (UK)

I missed my 14.30 flight from London City airport to Glasgow on Friday 21 March 2014 by minutes due to unforeseen problems. Even ground staff thought I might still make it so issued Boarding Pass but security screening was mobbed and slow moving at the airport that day. I accept my responsibility to get to flight on time but find it shocking that BA actually said they'd rather have numerous empty seats on the next flight leaving an hour and a half later than charge me a reasonable amount to use the seat - they would only sell me the seat for 305 - the last online price for the numerous seats unsold on that flight. Despite evidence that I have been flying every fortnight on this route from LCY and future flights booked because I intended to commute every fortnight in this way, not even as a gesture of goodwill, would BA charge me a more reasonable rate for one flight in these unusual circumstances. In the end I booked a flight with another carrier from a different airport. BA staff at LCY were singularly unhelpful and it took 3 calls and a half hour wait on the 3rd call for BA Customer Services to even answer.

British Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by S Freeman    (USA)

ATL-LHR-BLR and return. Economy class. Incredible quality for the value. LHR is really built to accommodate British Airways. The entire Terminal 5 is for the airline. You go through security right up in the terminal. Multiple lines to enter through, so you do not have to wait to long. Although every time I have flown though LHR, I have experienced a delayed flight, the airport is big enough to keep you occupied. Many choices for in flight entertainment. No issues with equipment, although the seat next to me did have a malfunctioning television. Service was enjoyable. Staff helpful and accommodating. I would recommend the airline to anyone.

British Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by G Kelly    (Ireland)

HKG-LHR/LHR-BHD. Flew on new A380, very comfortable. Generous amount of locker room space. Cabin crew excellent; around every few hours with refreshments. All very polite. Overall, would definitely recommend. Half full flight to Belfast, full breakfast - cabin crew kept offering to top up my coffee, which I thought was a nice touch. No problem recommending.

British Airways Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Assaf Schwartz    (Israel)

TLV-LHR-TLV. The flight attendants were very welcoming. Flew with Airbus A321 with individual TV's. Entertainment was excellent. They have to improve their culinary field!

British Airways Customer review :  27 March 2014 by J Bingham    (UK)

Flew LHR-MIA-LHR. Seriously considering not using BA again unless they offer a dramatically cheaper flight. Seats were uncomfortable and food terrible. On the way out, we had a meal 90 minutes in and then nothing until about an hour before we landed. By this time we all had headaches and felt a bit sick. Crew seemed friendly enough by all disappeared for about 5 hours mid flight. Doesn't seem to have the same care and service as they used to. We asked for a snack and was told that we should have gone to the bar to ask for one and now they'd run out. Since when was there a bar in the economy cabin? Flight home was uncomfortable with changing temperatures in the cabin - again the seats were uncomfortable and food was not great. They didn't offer extra drinks unless asked. This used to be one of my favourite airlines, now they are right down the list.

British Airways Customer review :  26 March 2014 by Gary Ho    (UK)

MAN to JFK on British Airways ticket but American Airlines aircraft. Very old B757 aircraft that has not been refurbished. No seat back screens. Only two choices of meal (three on virgin Atlantic). Very average quality and small portion size. Dessert consisted of a couple of biscuits. Crew were pretty good. No complaints and flight was on time. Seating was cramped. Large number of seats converted to extra legroom but for a premium price.

British Airways Customer review :  26 March 2014 by C Kays    (UK)

LHR - Johannesburg in (old style) First using an Avios ticket. Tired cabin but more than made up for by the quality of the food and beverage offering and, particularly, the professional and friendly cabin crew. Overall a most enjoyable experience.

British Airways Customer review :  25 March 2014 by Helen Gibbons    (UK)

ALC-LGW. By far the best short-haul sector I have flown in the past 12 months. FAs provided attentive, personalised service. Food and beverages were excellent, with a choice of two hot dishes and a good range of wines.

British Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by William Benson    (UK)

LHR - Milan LIN - LHR in Club Europe. Outbound A320. Return A319. Both planes were in urgent need of a refurb. Friendly and professional service from the CSD. Food was edible and adequate for a short flight. My only complaint is that BA parked at remote stands in Milan for both flights which meant a bus to and from the terminal.

British Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by J Jones    (UK)

MAN-LHR en-route to the Far East, Club lounge in Manchester ok-ish, stuffy and poor magazines. Airbus shuttle to LHR, boarding efficient, arrived on time. Waste of time dishing out hot/cold drinks for such a short journey. Cabin crew were good.

British Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by B Gallacher    (UK)

I always thought highly of British Airways until I flew with them last year in a return flight from London. My son has a severe nut allergy which requires him to carry an epipen. On boarding the flight my wife and I explained to the cabin crew on-board about my son's condition and that we would appreciate if they could make a nut allergy announcement and refrain from serving any products with nuts in them during the flight. With other companies, such as low budget company, Ryanair, oblige to this and make the announcement to the cabin stressing not to open any packets which may contain nuts due to a passenger on board's condition etc. However with BA, they did make an announcement, but on their late night snack services, started handing put bags of peanuts for all passengers! Immediately my wife and I complained, with the reply of the cabin crew member being that they would 'just miss out the rows beside us and in front and behind'. However the staff did not listen and persisted handing these out. This resulted in my son having to put a jumper over his mouth and sleep for the rest of the flight home. This was absolutely atrocious.

British Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by J Jones    (UK)

LHR-HKG. Club Cabin, new A380. Very spacious, lockers huge, seats standard BA Club, Cabin service good and attentive but sadly crew no longer learn our names, possibly because aircraft is so large. Boarding was excellent with fast track in T5 very good. Bubbly served immediately (though surprisingly a little flat). Aircraft very quiet and although departed 30 mins late arrived on time. Dinner-good choices with wine options very good. Slept 5-6 hours even though I am 6'2". Only downside was the entertainment system breaking down after couple of hours but remedied by senior steward arranging complaint forms quickly. Hong Kong airport great, 30 mins after touchdown we were on airport express train. Will definitely try to get on A380 again.

British Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by I Smith    (UK)

Flew club world for me and 9 friends to celebrate my 50th birthday to Barbados. 4 hours into the flight we were told that they had run out of wine and that it was a regular occurrence on this flight. A quick tally up among my friends revealed that we had no more than 10 glasses between us - a glass each! Given the cost of these flights surely you can expect more than 1 glass of wine! I was offered 6,000 Avios points by way of compensation. Virgin is an infinitely better airline to Barbados and at least the seating isn't like an assault course.

British Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by J Jones    (UK)

HKG-LHR, BA 777. Check in at Hong Kong very speedy. Qantas Club lounge very good choice of hot/cold food as well as drink. Boarding gate next to lounge which was convenient. Departed on time standard lie flat club seats but 777 less roomy than 380. Food was excellent as was the entertainment system. Had good sleep followed by hot breakfast but not all choices available. Arrived LHR early; T5 Galleries great but security was slow - not a patch on HKG. BA Crew were great and friendly.

British Airways Customer review :  22 March 2014 by Barbara Cooper    (UK)

BA is supposed to be service service service. Sadly my flight back from Grenada this week was anything but! FA forgot my dinner order, then forgot my wine order. When I complained he was most apologetic and of course you would assume that he would over compensate. Far from it- he actually completely ignored me. I was not offered a second glass of wine, nor dessert or coffee. My husband meanwhile received excellent service from the purser, so much so that she ended up serving me as well. Either way the service was shocking and not what I have experienced on any of my previous 50+ flights on BA.

British Airways Customer review :  22 March 2014 by B Wijesinghe    (USA)

DXB-LHR-IAD, BA 108, (First Class, upgraded from Club World) and BA 293 (Club World), B777-200ER. As a long standing, loyal BA customer since 1996 maintaining Executive Club Gold Tier status in recent years, I see BA's overall product, except seats, getting more inconsistent, and often in decline. Most of BA's staff are still friendly and caring, doing the best they can, while some are now lacking the professional training BA was noted for, and are indifferent or unfriendly, even when the customer is polite. The First Class cabin experience was rather average, with staff friendliness and efficiency tapering-off as the DXB-LHR flight progressed. The new First Class cabin ambience is indeed classy, with lovely colors and mood lighting/window blinds, but 14 so-called suites are far too many in First. The seat itself does not work well, due to the footrest being so poorly designed, and reaching the AV touch screen is awkward. The food was good, but certainly not First Class, and about the same as what Club World used to serve several years ago. I was not shown to my seat, though the CSD came around to introduce herself. Still, she seemed rather abrupt and distant at the door when disembarking. The First cabin was full, so staff had a lot of work. They did smile, but forgot to serve me High Tea. When I reminded them, I was given no apology, but a lame excuse that someone said they had already served me, and did I want a cup of tea or High Tea? I was then given a part of what was listed on the menu and had to ask again for the cake. The toilets were not regularly maintained, and bits of toilet paper were on the floor. This is certainly not what BA's First Class was, and should not be on any flight. Having traveled Emirates First Class the week before, and on Cathay Pacific First Class 3 months ago, BA has much room for improvement. High Tea has now been cutback, with some tiny cheap cakes replacing scones, clotted cream and jam, to increase BA's profit margin by a few pennies per customer. I will continue to be loyal to BA for a couple of years, but may need to consider other options in the future if the overall product inconsistency and declining trend continues. Both flights were on time and baggage delivery was good. Both captains were excellent regarding the provision of information. My star rating here in this review is for BA 108, DXB-LHR in First.

British Airways Customer review :  22 March 2014 by Dayne Moir    (UK)

This is the first time I have flown with BA since 2007. I flew from London Heathrow to Shanghai onboard a Boeing 777 aircraft that was at least 20 years old because there was a cigarette ashtray in the Lavatory. I paid 500 extra to sit in premium economy which was a huge waste of money to say the least. You are paying for "extra legroom" however at your feet is a steel box that takes up about 8 inches of your foot space. There is one of these boxes under every seat, I believe it's for the entertainment system. The seats were uncomfortable, the person sitting next to me actually had a broken chair. I recall picking up the magazine on the return flight and it had the same rip on page 11 as on the flight over to Shanghai 6 days earlier. Another shocking incident happened when I walked all the way to the back of the plane for a cup of tea, the stewardess served me my tea and as I got back to my seat and had a drink of the tea, I realised it was stone cold. I told another stewardess about it and she replied "one at a time please". Next, the couple in front of me were sipping on a glass of bubbly, I asked the steward if it would be possible for me to get a glass of bubbly too - he replied, "sorry - I can't give you any as the couple in front are on a special occasion." On other major UK airlines you are offered bubbly before take off, you don't even have to ask. Finally, the food was terrible - on the return leg the two meal choices were Chinese chicken and rice or Italian pasta. This is the first time I have flown with a British airline and never had the choice of a British meal. Overall the flight experience was shocking. If you are unlucky enough to have no other choice than flying with British Airways, whatever you do - don't pay extra for their un-premium economy.

British Airways Customer review :  21 March 2014 by Tim Holgate    (UK)

Having heard some horror stories of BA I was very pleased with the comfort, service, food and entertainment on two long haul flights two weeks ago in premium economy. I would definitely fly with them again LHR-PEK and PVG-LHR.

British Airways Customer review :  21 March 2014 by Richard Hodges    (UK)

LHR - Rome FCO - LHR: Flew out 14 March and back 17 March. Check in queues non-existent, boarding and flights more or less on time. Decent snack type food for 2 hour flights, and frequent drinks when requested. Very cheery crews, especially the Captain on the return from Rome. BA has never been my favourite airline since they started charging fro pre-reserving seats, but for short flights I'll take them every time over alleged 'low cost' airlines. Fares inclusive of proper baggage allowance, food, drinks runs and no nasty surprise extras are much appreciated by this particular flyer.

British Airways Customer review :  21 March 2014 by Howard Salzberg    (USA)

Traveled with family from JFK to LHR in business class. Aircraft layout is ridiculous. The seating is awkward and uncomfortable. There is nowhere to store anything. The arrangement is such that people are both forward and backwards and you feel like you are tripping over people. The partition walls make it hard for center people to get served. I used BA because I was connecting to a BA flight in T5 so it made sense due to connection timing. Delta, Virgin and a United offer a far superior business class service. I had to ask for a landing card. We were not offered fast track cards, the service was spotting and the food was disgusting. I flew BAs first class service on the same aircraft a month earlier and it was fantastic, but for business class it is totally embarrassing. Avoid BA business class if you can.

British Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Michael Sewell    (UK)

I flew British Airways from Heathrow to Abuja, and have to say I was not overly impressed on this occasion. The seat was uncomfortable, and in-flight entertainment was just awful - I could barely see the screen. Food was fine and leg room was OK, but the in-flight service went on far too long and barely left any time to sleep. Staff were robotic and going through the motions. The plane had definitely seen better days. A pity as my last flight with BA was very good indeed.

British Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Alan Wan    (UK)

LGW to Jersey. Very short flight on an ex-bmi A319. The leg room was tight compared to other BA aircraft, it was fine for a 50 minute flight but wouldn't like to do it for anything longer. The FA managed a drinks run, amazing considering we were up in the air for less than 40 minutes.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax