British Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

British Airways
3.5 Star Rating: Good

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Shilen Bhimjiyani    (UK)

LHR-LAX and ORD-LHR. Great crew on both flights. The new aircraft are great although I preferred the 777-300ER to the A380 as the journey was more comfortable and more legroom at the back off the 777. BA really have upped their game and would happily fly with them again in the future.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Donnelly Chris    (UK)

I flew from Singapore to Heathrow on a B747, which is certainly an ageing aircraft that showed its age. I think this is one of BA's main let-downs. The inflight entertainment was slightly disappointing. There wasn't a single movie that I fancied, but then I suppose everyone has different tastes. I did listen to some music though. The service on board was generally good, at least on the side of the aircraft I was on. The stewardess who served was very kind and attentive. The food was good, although I got a sense that something was missing from the meal overall. It wasn't highly appealing. I also find the seats comfortable, they are softer than those on Singapore Airlines. I slept very well, and I'm not usually one to sleep particularly well on flights. BA can certainly improve in some aspects, but overall I have found them a pleasure to travel with.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Tibble Simon    (UK)

BA2590, 20 Aug, LGW TO BRI. We checked in online so only had to drop baggage and clear security. Wrong, what a chaotic system BA were running. Everyone who checked in online had to wait in a very long line to simply have their bags tagged and sent on their way by a member of BA staff. If this is the case then please get all the counters working and clear the queue quickly. Pity the poor people who squeezed their way to the self check in and bag tagged their bags only to be told to join the same line. I can not understand how the system is supposed to be more efficient. We then had the situation of BA staff dragging people out of the line, as they were going to miss their flight. Even the very nice BA staff member who did our bag tags could not explain what went wrong. Flight was delayed on boarding due to flight coming in late. No issue with boarding or the staff on board all very helpful. We have a drink and wrap which was very good. Captain kept us informed of the delay and we landed 30 mins late, and he did apologise again for late arrival. Please Gatwick BA sort out check in.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Karam Kandola    (UK)

LHR-YYZ. Checked in at 10.00am for my 13.10 departure. Check in was quick. Then proceeded through Fast Track which was not "Fast". The lounge was quite busy, but the staff were very helpful. Departed on time and before take off were offered drinks. We were on the new B787, so the aircraft was nice and clean. I sat in 1F. It converted into a flat bed which was good. About 20 mins into the flight the drinks run came through. When then we asked for what we will having for lunch. I choose the Salmon for starters which was excellent. For mains I choose the chicken option which was good, but the veg was very hard. Finally, I choose the ice cream for dessert. Landed on time and got our bags quickly.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by M Green    (UK)

I flew from London to Sydney Club World / Business Class. Having done similar OZ flights recently with Qatar Airlines, the experience was like comparing the Premium to Third Division football clubs. Everything about BA was shoddy, shabby and second rate - so sad. Numerous examples from the Business Lounge, the lay out of the cabin, the comfort of the seats, privacy, food, service - all second rate. And for about £2 K extra flight cost. Why? I would seriously consider flying to Sydney via Perth next time - longer but an experience where you arrive feeling caressed, not bundled along. Really pains me to say this - a very poor way to present a country's airline.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by A Razak    (UK)

BA12, 15th August 2014. In my mind that when I bought the BA tickets it would be a great flight experience based on their reputation as a 4 star airline. It turned out to be totally wrong. I used to travel with other airlines, it seems that my flight experience with BA from Changi Airport to Heathrow was the worst in so many ways. Not worth money spent at all! Firstly, the seat space was really small (I cant imagine those who are bigger than I am, because I am a medium size person). Secondly, the proportion of food served was not generous in comparison to other airlines. They only served food twice for that 12 hour long haul journey. Thirdly, the service was considered moderate and it seemed like no one cared about the toilets in economy class (no one bothered to top up the toilet rolls). Lastly, the inflight entertainment was so back dated. The movies selection must have been 2 years old. Flimsy earphones and outdated screens. All in all, an unhappy customer.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Alan Thompson    (UK)

Bari to Gatwick. This flight seems to be late on a regular basis. Three times an hour late and once two hours late this summer of the four times I was involved. Seems the summer schedule is very optimistic Check-in at Bari is hopeless, always queues and 'bag drop' seems to be used by travellers with ticketing problems. Boarding is poor, regularly left to wait in a hot air bridge between the gate and the plane. None of this done by BA staff but they are doing BA's reputation no good, seemingly using the level of service expected with the low cost carriers that also go to London. Onboard though is always good, despite the age of the planes. Fair choice of drinks and a good sandwich, nice crew. My flight ended with a 50 minute wait for luggage. A lot for BA to address here.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by D Barge    (UK)

Gatwick to Cancun, 777-200, club world return in July. Old plane which I think BA use out of Gatwick. Food - I can't understand how they can get it so wrong. We flew Virgin upperclass to Cancun but had to use BA this year due to date's, will not use BA again. Cabin crew not too bad but could be better. Save your money or go with Virgin.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Sansom Chris    (UK)

LHR-MAD-LHR, BA458/463 out on A319 G-EUOE and return on B763 G-BZHB excellent flights both ways. The cabin service was very good and I got the seating as requested, nice refurbished B763 on the return journey. Definitely my choice of carrier.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by B Wijesinghe    (USA)

DXB-LHR, B777-200ER, BA0108, August 18, First Class. Transferred from an Emirates flight in DXB. BA DXB Galleries Lounge reception staff member excellent. Boarding reasonable, with an on-time departure. Cabin crew outstanding, and definitely lived up to the "To Fly. To Serve" BA slogan. Food tasty and well presented, but not quite First Class, and cost-cutting was evident. The New First seat is comfortable, though the footrest is poorly designed, and a storage area for small inflight items is missing. IFE monitor, controls and selection very good, but the screen could be more adjustable for reach. Lovely cabin ambience, including colors, textures, mood lighting and window blinds. Toilets cramped and stocked with the cheapest liquid soaps and toilet paper. Overall, an enjoyable flight, but as a longstanding and very loyal BA customer (Gold Tier), I ask that they seriously consider improving their product in an increasingly competitive market. Arrived a little late at LHR, with remote stand disembarking and bus transfer to T5.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by R Vines    (UK)

I flew from Gatwick to Rome and back on holiday and was pleasantly surprised by the standard of food and service. The salad on the outward flight was exceptional and the steward on the return leg (in a near-full cabin) was anticipating what passengers might want. BA food baffles me. I've flown First a few times in the past few years and the food was so bad, I thought BA should pay compensation as well as refunding the flight ticket. In Business, it is usually OK. The only letdown this time was the lounge at Gatwick. It was like a Ryanair holding pen.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by David Paton    (UK)

On 28th July flew from Edinburgh to Gatwick. Flight was delayed 3 hours as it had been hit by lightening on the flight, this we accepted but what happened afterwards means I will never use them again. 1) Information or details of what was happening had to bedraggled out of them. 2) At no time was any refreshment offered. 3) The flight was further delayed to allow people to transfer back onto this flight when they choose to be transferred to a later flight rather than wait to see what was happening this lead to a further delay of 1 hour. 4) No breakfast or snack was served for health and safety reasons. 5) Although they stated we would be well hydrated during the flight only one drink service was provided, this consisted of 4 fluid oz cup of water between 7.00am and 2.30pm. 6) They then proceeded to leave our luggage at Edinburgh while we travelled to Gatwick. 7) After giving us the run around for an hour and a half they then decided to tell us they could not track our bags. 8) It then took them two days to locate them and send them from Edinburgh to Gatwick. Would I use again or recommend - never in a month of Sundays.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by P Priyanu    (Germany)

I flew from Munich to Boston via Heathrow T5 (15 August 2014): Munich to Heathrow first flight out of Munich at 7.20. The flight was good, leaving on time but due to flight delayed arriving from London the night before, so we did not get breakfast served on business class. From Heathrow T5 to Boston as the flight was nice but the business seat was OK nothing special in comparison to other Airline like Iberia business which is much nicer. The cabin crew was nice and friendly, food was nice as I have selected to have only salad instead of hot meal. I managed to have a good rest all the way to Boston after the meal.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Chander Ahluwalia    (USA)

LHR-EWR, Club World. Offered 400 GBP upgrade from Prem Econ a day prior. T5 lounge experience positive - good selection of food which was well labelled. Had a treatment - chair massage and Elemis staff were most attentive. Dreamliner is a great way to fly - although delayed half an hour arrived ahead of time. Felt relaxed - addressed by name throughout and the crew was friendly and yes smiled. Two hot towel services and the multi course dinner was served without fuss. Not sure about the wash bag- although it is more convenient to carry off. Entertainment options are excellent. Baggage waiting for me at carousel. Good flight for BA.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Ravi Mene    (UK)

BA 56, JNB-LHR, 15 August 2014, Business class, A380, upper deck. The flight did not live up to expectations. Too many seats makes business class cabin look crowded, narrow seats with each row facing in opposite direction, no problem with this but this impedes free movement for some of the seats, specially the ones in the middle and window side, also not much space for storage of personal items like specs etc. The window blinds of this section in upper deck were kept lowered through the entire 11 hr flight, with no cue of any outside light whatsoever until we landed at Heathrow and parked to the stand, felt like sitting in a light proof box with artificial illumination. I thought you need to keep the blinds open for landing and take off? The 747 business class is more comfortable than A380.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Jill Young    (UK)

We paid £2500 to upgrade to world traveller plus, when we got to departure lounge we were upgraded to business class which was brilliant but air hostess made a point of letting us known plus other people that we had a free upgrade. On the return journey in world traveller plus not happy, table broken and air steward very sarcastic, food very bad plus stewards seemed as if they were doing you a favour. Paid a lot of money to fly to Maldives, have no choice to fly BA to go direct, stewards male or female need to remember that we are customers paying a lot of money for a service.

British Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Mark Bradley    (UK)

I flew London to Beijing in Club World on BA039 on Aug 7. The cabin was a disgrace. I sat in the upper deck, seat 62A, and what worried me was the filthy window, the metallic looking tape on the emergency exit door and the foam strip that was hanging down. In addition, the carpet, and lockers were filthy inside. Food and service were excellent, but I will vote with my wallet, and boycott BA from now on, wherever possible.

British Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by M Heather    (UK)

LGW-TFS-LGW, Club Europe. Travelled with hand baggage only given the well publicised issues with Swissport baggage handling at LGW. Outbound flight (15/7/2014) was BA at its best. On time departure (a rarity it seems at LGW for BA), A320 in fair condition with additional leg room in Club Europe, and two excellent flight attendants. The return (22/7/2014) was a different story. Probably my worst BA flight ever. Delayed departure from TFS though only about 10 minutes late in arrival at LGW. No additional leg room on this A320 in Club Europe. Lazy cabin crew who did the bare minimum with limited grace. And screaming infants, out of control toddlers and ignorant teenagers in the Club Europe cabin - not the airline's fault but they could have and should have done more to manage the situation. One example - two teenagers in row 1 immediately reclined their seats into the faces of the couple in front of us after take off. The cabin crew didn't even make the teenagers raise their seats during the meal service. All credit to the couple in front of us, though. They had the manners not to recline their seats into our faces. The substantial premium to fly Club Europe is just not worth it when other people's children are not controlled and the promised additional 'personal space' is not provided. Scores are an average of both flights: outbound top marks across the board (bar entertainment, there was none), inbound I would have preferred to score zero.

British Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Marie Thompson    (UK)

18 August 2014, Gatwick to Orlando, flight details and departure went well. However when the food was served on the flight there was limited choice, chicken or sausages which was fine until they ran out and then could only offer the veggie option which was pasta which my Father in Law doesn't eat so he ended up with 2 bread rolls as his lunch/dinner. This was served within the first hour of our over 8 hour flight and then 7 hours later we were served a snack which only had one option, coronation chicken (chicken again!) which only 2 in our party of 6 liked. Again my Father in Law had nothing as he was 1 of the 4. Pretty poor show British Airways as we travelled with Virgin to Mexico in June this year economy class and they offered a menu with three choices for lunch/dinner with enough for everyone! Again when the snack was served option were given and enough for all. Virgin also provided a very good entertainment system with up to date films, TV and games which was something you need on a long journey, again BA was not able to provide. BA your competitors are definitely offering more value for our money! I wouldn't not fly BA again as I don't like to limit my choices however I would definitely prefer to fly Virgin in future. In my opinion all flights should have enough food for all of their passengers and look at what they are offering as coronation chicken didn't go down well with a large number of passengers, what's happened to good old ham or cheese?

British Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Kathleen Kirby    (UK)

We flew from LHR to Luxembourg on an afternoon flight, we enjoyed a delicious afternoon tea and champagne because it was my husbands birthday. Flight attendants very efficient and jolly, we felt very much as if we were having a really nice birthday celebration up in the sky! Baggage received very quickly on both flights. We travelled back in economy and it was really good with drinks and a biscuit or crisps. Only problem was that there was no place for the aircraft to park up when we got in due to bad weather. We were off as quickly as they could, so it wasn't too bad!

British Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by W Sachs    (USA)

We flew the A380 from LAX-LHR-JNB-LHR-LAX in August 2014 in business class. This plane was designed by someone who never flew it. The seats are so close together, with no room on the window side to get out when the seats are flat. A person has to put up the foot rest for a place to stand and then step over the person next to them to get out into the aisle. In addition, the person on the window seat gets all the food handed to them in front of the face of the person on the aisle. They have put so many people in each row that the seats are very narrow. There is virtually no place ( a small drawer at the seat) for personal items to be used during the flight without getting out of the seat to get something from the overhead.

British Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Mohanty Pranav    (USA)

My journey was from BOM to LHR (I had a connecting flight from LHR to MIA, surprisingly enough the transit at LHR wasn't all that bad). Aircraft 777-200. Got a complimentary upgrade from World Traveler to World Traveler Plus. The seat was good and spacious, service was professional, and the food was nice, especially the English breakfast that was served prior to landing. The only drawback was the absence of overhead air vents, which at times made it a little stuffy, and the in-flight entertainment which lacked the variety of Emirates, for example. Overall a pleasant experience. Wouldn't mind flying with BA again at all.

British Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Kevin Tunnicliffe    (UK)

Sad to say, BA missed a big opportunity when their new 787 and A380 entered service. Same old, sub standard business class seating as on the retired 747s. Compared to many airlines the BA premium service is poor and I don't know how they keep a 4 star rating. The cabin crew were excellent though I will concede. Food was very poor with my steak ruined because it was swimming in grease (laughingly referred to as jus), which mixed with the hollandaise sauce to make a disgusting mess. The 787 was good and BA have improved their IFE system but screens are small and have to be stowed for take off and landing unlike those in economy and premium. Pay more get less.

British Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Commins Susan    (Ireland)

I was on BA 835 from Dublin to LHR on 25th July 2014 which left Dublin at 13.05 and my travel plans were such that I had sufficient time to connect with my flight from LHR to Hong Kong. On leaving Dublin the pilot opined that it was a good day to fly! On reaching LHR we were informed that due to thunderstorms we were to be diverted to Gatwick and were running out of fuel. In summary, we sat on the tarmac at Gatwick for over two hours with only scant updates as to when we would be taking off for LHR and the temperature inside the cabin became oppressive which added to the misery. On reaching LHR BA staff were, in my opinion, ineffectual with a 'sorry and shrug of the shoulders' and with no real assistance for those passengers on connecting flights. I was lucky, as I managed to get on my flight to Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific, but with only moments to spare, after a dash to terminal 3. Whilst I understand the volatility of the weather, the real point of my review is that BA appears to have abandoned the basics of customer service and this is clearly reflected in BA's absence in the top 10 airline ratings. Could do a lot better!

British Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Buettner Thomas    (Germany)

Flight BA 937, Dusseldorf to London on 13th March and BA 932 back to Dusseldorf on 15th March. Both flights served by Airbus A319. Cabin was in a good shape, seat pitch 34 inch and the width 17 inch. Lounge in DUS (Airport owned Lounge) is quite nice but nothing special, Lounge of BA in LHR T5 is very good with a lot of space, even it was very busy at this time, but anyway, we know it from other times when it was quite empty. No check-in because of hand luggage only. BA 937 was delayed for about 1 hour due to foggy weather in London so the very nice staff start to serve Drinks to reduce the waiting time on ground. Brunch served after takeoff, a choice between a cold platter with assorted cheese and meat and bread/rolls or a warm cheese and ham croissant and salad. Drinks including Champagne were served twice. More enough for that relatively short flight. Check-in for BA 932 (bought liquids) in T5 was very quick, also friendly staff. BA Lounge, as I wrote was busy but worth it to reduce waiting time. Very nice flight attendants, drinks served 3 times, light Dinner with mixed salad. No real Inflight Entertainment (like on most IntraEuropean Flights), small TV´s with flight information.

British Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Abdullah Maje    (UK)

Heathrow to Newark on 787. Flight was pleasant and comfortable. Left Heathrow 1 hour late but arrived on time. Seat was comfortable and food was ok. Service was excellent but had to walk outside in the rain to catch a bus to take us to our plane. Would recommend BA due to service and Heathrow T5.

British Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by R John    (UK)

BA25, Aug 8th, LHR-HKK. Club World. Upper deck. Overall a good flight. The service was a bit robotic. Pre- departure drinks offered. Main and breakfast served. For the main course I opted for the healthy / light meal which was tasty and just what I wanted as I was trying to avoid a heavy meal before bed. I was surprised at the limited wine selection: Two whites and two reds. I had a NZ Sauv Blanc which was tasty but 'connoisseurs' may have felt restricted by choice. The staff were, overall, very pleasant and happy to help when asked but just weren't pro-active. Passengers (myself included) were having to ask for things that should have been attended to without request. They seemed 5 minutes too slow for drink rounds, meal service, etc. This is a small complaint however, as I managed a solid 7 hours of sleep and the overall experience was good. The entertainment system on the A380 is much improved and is as good as any I have flown VS,SG etc. The window seat is certainly more private and feels much more spacious with the storage compartments under the windows and I would recommend these - especially over middle seats. All in all a solid business class but still lagging behind the likes of CX or SG primarily because of service and seat layout. There is a 'Britishness' to the product which still makes me smile.

British Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Daniel McDevitt    (USA)

June 25th 2014. My wife and daughter boarded in Boston. The door was closed and we were ready to depart for London. Then a baggage cart hit the airplane. We deplaned and that was understandable. After an hour we were told the plane would not depart and there was no room on any other planes for days. "Call your friends - make your own arrangements!" was the only customer relations help offered by British Airways. The BA help on the ground said there were no hotels on vouchers. I really, yes really thought British Airways was the standard of air travel. If you have any alternative do not book British Airways. They're great as long as everything is going as planned. If anything goes wrong, they are a confused people who have no idea how to help you.

British Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Lois Hammond    (Australia)

Flew Sydney - Singapore - London return. Thoroughly enjoyed both flights, good food, good service. Would definitely use again 2015 for planned flight to Oslo. Thank you British Airways.

British Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by C Kay    (UK)

LHR - Houston - LHR. Two of us travelled using Avios and Amex companion voucher. Excellent cabin crew on both sectors, very good selection of wine, and food pretty decent particularly outbound. The staff in Houston even found and returned my iPod which I had left on the aircraft on the outbound sector.

British Airways Customer review :  12 August 2014 by Tom Lewis    (UK)

Travelled LHR-YYZ, BA97 on 9 July returning BA96, 28,July. Check-in at LHR an absolute breeze including security which took only 5 minutes. Galleries Lounge at the south end of T5 awful with poor food, dirty furniture and smelly toilets. Outbound aircraft was G-BNLG, surely one of the most ancient 747s in existence judging by the state of the interior at least in the main cabin. On boarding all the window shades were down (10.20 departure) and stayed down for the entire flight including take-off and landing, most peculiar. The head cabin service person said it was to keep the sun out - I have questioned if this is a new BA policy for daytime flights. Departed and arrived a few minute late, no issue. Food and service very average as usual, nowhere near the standards of international Business Class elsewhere. Immigration and baggage delivery in YYZ very swift. For the return, again the departure formalities were quick and painless ; the lounge at Pearson is ok but nothing special. Aircraft this time was G-BGYC, the upper deck was in reasonable condition although, as always with BA's Club World seating, there is little stowage space and the whole backwards/forwards concept is something I personally dislike. Food almost non-existent on this 2310 departure and most people slept: this would be understandable if a proper breakfast was on offer. Unfortunately it was no better than going to McDonalds with some unripe fruit and a sort of egg and bacon muffin - just awful. Also the person in the window seat did have something to eat and drink and every time the crew member came with his orders, he would lower the partition to pass them through with all the disturbance that creates. Is this service policy, poor seat design or lazy crew? Flight on time, arrival processes ok but baggage delivery slow. All in all, the experience was what I expect from BA these days, average at best.

British Airways Customer review :  12 August 2014 by G Fox    (UK)

Flight from Heathrow to Newark. The new Dreamliner was fantastic. Very comfortable, quiet and clean. The cabin crew were superb, very professional, with customer service being their priority. I appreciate that flying on a new aircraft makes a difference to the flight, however if BA continue to invest in their fleet and maintain and excellent level of customer service, I can see no other reason to fly with another carrier, especially when considering BA's avios points usage which allows all of your points to be spent on flights. Virgin however dictate how many points you can spend on each flight. I've flown with BA and Virgin many times, it was a nice attempt by Virgin advertising themselves in terminal 5, however, when you're sat in terminal 5 after experiencing a quick and easy run through the terminal about to board a brand new aircraft, it's hard to see the advertisements working.

British Airways Customer review :  7 August 2014 by James Keep    (UK)

Great service from LCY-Angers in western France on Embraer 175. London City Airport is so very convenient for London dwellers and the flights were very comfortable. Saturday flight outbound was totally full but on time, attentive cabin crew, very comfortable and not even the breakfast of a disappointingly hard croissant with ham and cheese could spoil the positive impression. Coming back on the Wednesday was less than half-full so double drinks and snacks all round! Tickets were £120 return which seems very reasonable considering the alternative for the region is Ryanair to Tours from Stansted, for almost as much and once you factor in the extra price of luggage and snacks with them, BA wins hands down.

British Airways Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Graeme Cree    (UK)

06.40 flight, 4 August, Glasgow to London City cancelled with no explanation. Typical BA service nobody about to assist with alternative arrangements or any concept of customer care. So much for the worlds favourite airline. Third rate which is what I have come to expect from them.

British Airways Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Holder Timothy    (Switzerland)

Upgraded from Premium Economy to Business from YVR (Vancouver) to LHR (London). The Club World cabin was full and a couple of the passengers had been upgraded to First. Despite this the staff were friendly and helpful, although the food wasn't that great, (the chocolate desert was delicious though). Seat is nice and wide, but if you're facing rearwards on the 747, you could be sitting right next to someone you don't know. The IFE had a lot of choice and had many new movies to chose from. Altogether a good flight.

British Airways Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Corden Andrew    (UK)

Upgraded to business class on return flight from Verona. Absolute disgrace. Flight left around 11.30pm but lounge closed at 9.20pm. Lounge was awful, dirty and very little in the way of business class facilities. Flight was cattle class and I have seen more organisation and courtesy on an easyjet flight. Boarding was like a rugby scrum with no priority boarding and then spent 20 minutes on an a bus with no air conditioning crammed packed in hot conditions. Flight had run out of food. Worst flight in memory and absolute shocking customer service. Absolute joke and how they have the audacity to claim it was business class they should be accountable n the trade descriptions act.

British Airways Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Tony Hall    (Australia)

AMS-LCY, economy. Embraer aircraft only half-full, at most, and on time. For such a short flight, a high standard of cabin service with wine and a small snack offered. An excellent flight in all respects.

British Airways Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Tony Hall    (Australia)

Porto-LHR, economy. Pushed back late but arrived on time. Flight was full but good cabin service with sandwiches and drinks. A very good standard overall.

British Airways Customer review :  5 August 2014 by Tony Laverghetta    (Canada)

LIS-LHR on 30 July, J class on an Airbus 320. I was expecting more, however I was disappointed. Seat was OK but not particularly comfortable, food just average with a choice of a fruit or meat platter either, very poor. Cabin crew in an automatic mode, no smiling whatsoever, more interested in chatting in front of the cabin and complaining about not sure what. No inflight entertainment altogether, not even a shared movie. However we departed on time and arrived 15 min before schedule and the price was the cheapest ever for a Business Class seat. Will fly BA again but I am more keen to Intercontinental flights where the quality is superior than European routes.

British Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by G Smith    (UK)

LHR-SIN, 26 July 2014. Upgraded from WTP to Club World before I even had the chance to ask. Value for money was a '5' because I didn't pay for the flight! Flight went well and I even managed some sleep on the fold flat bed. Cabin crew were pleasant and helpful, one of the attendants retrieved his own USB adapter from his luggage so that I could charge my phone (I was a little surprised that there wasn't a USB port at my seat - upstairs 747). The same attendant appeared in the passport control hall and called out - without success unfortunately - looking for a passenger who had left his glasses behind. Food was absolutely fine and the Burgundy a little too drinkable. This was probably up there as one of the better flights I've taken - most are done under sufferance but this one was pretty good overall.

British Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Jim McCormick    (UK)

26th July, LGW to Orlando. Drinks service from the crew was good. Champagne upon boarding and a top up without requesting. It was greatly appreciated! Food was not outstanding but pleasant enough. Overall the cabin service was good. Several services of drinks and top ups when requested. What let this flight down was the number of unruly children on this flight. I was in an outside seat on the port side and an 8 or 9 year old child in front got out of her seat every five minutes or so continually throughout the flight and her younger sibling was also jointing her when she did manage to stay put. I attempted to avail myself of the flat bed but three times these children stood on my legs as they clambered over into their seat. The parents of these children never once intervened to check their children's behaviour although they were well aware of how they were behaving. My wife did not have much luck either. The couple to her rear were sat throughout the flight crossed legged in the isle playing with their children and their toys and my wife had to struggle passed them every time she wished to use the toilet. Surely a tripping hazard! There were many other children on the flight who were well behaved so it can be done if parents set boundaries for their offspring. Whilst BA cannot be held responsible for children's behaviour, I feel that as we were in the Club World cabin, some sort of announcement should be made by BA requesting passengers with children respect the comfort of fellow passengers. P.S. The Club Lounge at Gatwick was like a kindergarten but that is another story!

British Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by J Whittle    (UK)

LHR-CPH-LHR, Business Class. This is a joke. Scruffy aircraft with ripped upholstery, dirty cabin and chaotic/slow "service". I know it's a short flight (90 mins) but it shouldn't take over an hour to get one cup of cold, stewed tea. Flight attendants, including their "manager" didn't seem to have a clue what they were doing. Seats are actually narrow economy, 3x3 configuration with the middle one kept vacant. Inflight entertainment? Easy, there isn't any. For the price I paid this was an absolute disgrace. I seriously think I'd have a better experience with EasyJet.

British Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by W Benson    (UK)

LHR-CDG-LHR. Outbound A320 on 26/7, return A319 on 27/7 in Euro Traveller. Both flights boarded efficiently, departed and arrived on time. Seats were a bit tired but comfortable enough for a 60 minute flight. Exit row (9) on A319 is worth taking if available as it provides extra legroom. Refreshments only as the flight is too short for anything else.

British Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Mike Palmer    (Canada)

Toronto to London in WTP on a 787 and London to Toronto in club world on 747. There were elements of both flights where BA seemed to be back to their old self. The Dreamliner in WTP was on time, with some of the best cabin service I've experienced from a male attendant who smiled, couldn't do enough and was just professional. BA seemed to have dropped some of the nice touches though so no hot towel, soft drink before take off or menu cards - looks like WTP seems to have been demoted (again). Fast bar service, and good entree before the WTP service morphed into WT for breakfast which has reverted to "muffin or nuffin" and Ts and Cs and juice from paper cups. It really is an insult after an overnight flight and is ill thought out and penny pinching. Landing early at Heathrow and fast bags ended a good overall flight. The return flight in club was one of my best ever. The lounge had a better range of hot and cold food, though most of the furniture still needs replacing. On board, two male crew upstairs on the jumbo were superb. Friendly, helpful and starting off well with a 2nd champagne before take off due to delays in boarding. Fast bar service and an excellent lunch with the sea bass being exceptional. A calm oasis on the upper deck allowed some sleep before the now tired afternoon tea was served. Real personalised service with a smile reminded me of old times of BA at it's best. An on time landing and fast bags off finished an excellent flight. Why can't they do this more often? (Answer - variable cabin crew).

British Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by T Kohn    (The Netherlands)

12/2013. LHR-LAX. A380. Aircraft was clean. Seats were comfortable but the leg space was restricted by the IFE- computer which has been installed underneath the seat in front. Amenity kit contained a cushion, blanket, headphones and toothbrush. There were no eye shades and ear plugs. Food both ways the same selection: Tikka Masala or macaroni and cheese of average quality, followed by a small ice cream and a sandwich or breakfast croissant. FA's lacked courteousness, friendliness and motivation. There was on both flights repeatedly no reaction to the call button and they were several hours not present in the cabin. IFE-system is good with a big selection of movies, documentaries etc. Due to a malfunction the system had to be restarted which erased the preferences. This experience with British Airways is not compatible to other flag carriers due to the lack in service and the restricted seating.

British Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Alan Skinner    (UK)

BA2262 on 17th Feb 2014. I was in 4A from Jamaica to London Gatwick, and no need to climb over anyone’s legs, and you're close to the toilet and the galley were your can help yourself. Seat is very good and good space. Great meal, I had the Chicken Curry, very good, and a nice bottle of wine to help it down. The Stewards were very helpful. Going to Grenada soon and see they have first on the flight so going to try that.

British Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by A Hickling    (UK)

DME-LHR July 23 Club World seat 64A. It was quite a novelty travelling on a 747 aircraft for a flight just over three hours long. I sat on the upper deck which was full, but this did not detract from the excellent service provided by the two dedicated crew. I chose this seat as no one has to step over your feet when they exit and it is also a fraction longer than the other seats with three windows and four compartments beneath the window to store items. I did not use the seat as a bed but used the Z position which is very good for relaxing. The food and wine choices were very good and the Club Kitchen was well stocked on the main deck for treats after dinner.

British Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by A Hickling    (UK)

LHR-DME on 19 July seat 1A Club World. I flew on one of the converted A321 jets that BMI used to own and was very impressed with the seat. The configuration is 1 and 2 seats and if you're travelling alone the single seat is great to have. There is lots of space to place items and the seat has different positions from arm chair to fully flat bed. The seat also has a built in massage function. The TV screen was 15 inches in size and operated from a remote in the seat. The service was excellent from two male crew members and the food and wine selection was of a high standard.

British Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Kay John    (UK)

BA206 from Miami to LHR on upper deck, dinner took over 3 hours to complete. 2 staff obviously not sufficient. Very old 747, TV screens going from colour to B&W, frustrating as had more than enough time to watch a couple of movies while dinner was not served.

British Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Brenda Watkinson    (Canada)

I have used BA over the past 20 years as I chose to move my airmiles to their plan, regretted it ever since and will use them up as soon as possible. Even when flying on a paid flight I find the staff snooty, they have a bad customer attitude. At the moment I am trying to check in on a flight, only chosen because it was the best option for my multiple stops, and the on line check in does not work. Told by staff member, never mind, just do it at the airport, not much point in reporting it because they won't do anything for 24 hours. That is good customer service as you can only check in 24 hours before hand. I have had lost luggage twice on the same trip, had my seat changed for no reason (someone else was able to use my original choice, so not a seat problem) flights changed, but was able to change them back to the original booking. I have travelled economy and premium economy, and flown 10 hours with no inflight entertainment.

British Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Sander van Kan    (The Netherlands)

Flight BA935, DUS-LHR on 31/5/2014 onboard G-EUPU (A319). Flight was on time and smooth. A drink was served together with a small sandwich. Crew was good and the seats were also fine for this short flight.

Flight BA283 LHR-LAX on 31/5/2014 onboard G-XLEE (A380). Flight was punctual and very smooth. A nice breakfast and dinner was served during this flight. We also received an ice cream, which was very tasty. Crew was good and friendly. Only drawback are the very few drink rounds that were made during this 11 hour flight. We were seated on the upper deck on row 74. A very big advantage is that the seating is in a 2-4-2 configuration, and the window seats have a very nice 'bin' were you can put all your stuff.

British Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Prasad Chalikonda    (USA)

Round-trip with family from JFK to HYD via LHR. Onward flight was delayed at JFK by 2 hrs. Was stressful with 10 month old and a 4 yr old. Inflight service was good. Transit at LHR was a nightmare! Mile long walk after alighting to central point in Terminal 5. No gate information anywhere. Had to check-in again, they had to scan each and every food item for the baby! Though departing flight was from same Terminal 5, had to now walk 30-40 yards, go down a level, walk again to train, get off second stop, go up escalator again and walk another 50 yards to last gate - C63. Now here, the gate agent wouldn't let our carry on through. Said it was too big. So had to remove all baby food and items for the kids and carry them in our hands inside the plane, and check the carry-on. Return flight again was delayed. Had checked in at 3.30am for 6.40am flight, but flight took off at 9.15am. Transit at LHR was thankfully better this time. But the aircraft to JFK was an old 747 - falling apart. No bulkhead this time, as original flight was late and they had to accommodate us on another full flight. Old seats, kept reclining on its own. A/C was blowing hot and cold until takeoff. Had asked staff to serve meals first to the 4 yr old - no luck. Never going to fly British again, or pass through LHR again!

British Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Cutts Craig    (UK)

LHR-BSL-LHR, 22nd/23rd July, BA748 and BA755, A319 each way, bag drop at T5 seemed to take ages. Once through used the North lounge which was pretty full at this time of the day. Flight delayed a little and arrived about 15min late service on this 1hr 20min flight was fine for economy class a sandwich and drink supplied, return bag drop in Basel quick used the Euro Lounge which was very nice. Return flight quick boarding very full a sandwich and drinks served and again service good for a short flight, arrived T5 bit late but bags recovered and out in 30 min.

British Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by N Salisbury    (UK)

We flew to Rome from Newcastle via Heathrow, the ground staff service was excellent at Heathrow as we needed disability assistance, the day before we were due to fly home I received a text at 17.30 to say our flight had been cancelled, but could not contact customer services for over 14 hours we were told we had been booked on an earlier flight which meant taking a taxi to the airport losing the money we had already paid for our previous transfer and the disability assistance service we receive in Heathrow was awful. We were left for 1 hour for someone to take us from the plane and then at the next station there was no one to take us to our flight connection so I had to push wheelchair myself.

Flight BA944, LHR-DUS on 9/6/2014 onboard G-EUPH (A319). Flight was 15 minutes late on landing but was good. . A drink was served together with some salt snacks. Crew was good and the seats were also fine for this short flight.

Flight BA274, LAS-LHR on 8/6/2014 onboard G-CIVB (B747). Flight was on time and smooth. Catering was very average and small portions. Quality was much less then BA standard. Crew was good but we didn't see them for a very long time during this flight. Only 2 drink rounds were made during this 9.5 hour flight, everyone knows that is not enough. Seats were good with just enough legroom.

British Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by E McKerrell    (USA)

Flew on a 777-200 from London Heathrow to San Diego, worst flight I have taken on British Airways. Being a rather tall person 6'7" and travelling in economy, the person in front of me could not recline his seat due to my legs blocking his recline, he complained to the cabin personnel that he could not recline and I was asked to remove my knees so he could recline, stating to cabin crew that I would not have a comfortable journey, they did not seem to care. When the food was served I could not even put my tray table down so the cabin crew would not serve me a meal, stating that the tray must be in the down position to eat a meal. So to tell you the truth I spent the best part of 7 hours of a 11 hour flight in the toilet, at least in there, I could stretch out my legs. Wrote a letter to British Airways to inform them of my flight, haven't heard anything back from them. Just shows you they really care about their passengers.

British Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by T Patrick    (Hong Kong)

Domestic Edinburgh-Gatwick. Late by 40 mins but that's not unusual. Flight itself lovely, clean, quiet, made up some time. Crew smart and friendly. Only down side was coming off a bridge to a closed gate to then being herded onto a packed bus. Bags came fairly quickly, sometimes at LGW it can be a while!

British Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

LHR-BSL-LHR, A319's each way check/bag drop atT5 took ages around 40 min. Once checked in lounge and boarding good seat 15c enough time for a coffee and sandwich, arrived a little late due to weather. Return similar flight experience same food very full flight, bag drop at BSL very quick and very nice lounge. Departed a little late and arrived 20 min late otherwise good experience nice crew in both directions.

British Airways Customer review :  26 July 2014 by P Alderson    (UK)

DME-LHR. B747-400. Used Avios to sample the 'new' First. The check-in area at DME was very congested but I did not have to queue. The lounge had plenty of not very comfortable seats and limited food and beverages. The gate area was more like a holding pen and was much too small for a 747 load. First and Club ended up boarding through a different gate number. Once on board I was shown to my seat and given an explanation about the seat functions. Service from the mature crew was excellent (there were only one other passenger in First). The food was OK but not particularly exciting. The main disappointment was the seat and amount of personal space with only enough room for shoes and a jacket in the wardrobe. Everything else had to go in the overhead locker. There seemed to be too many seats crammed into the cabin. I moved from 1K to 3K as this had a bit more space and privacy than the others. From my experience, BA First should be called Club World Plus.

British Airways Customer review :  23 July 2014 by H Sueess    (Switzerland)

We had a flight from LAX to ZHR via LHR. The leg from LAX to LHR was on a A380-800 (G-XLEA) was very good. Aircraft was clean and in perfect condition. We had bulkhead seats for whole family - perfect (be Aware: Bulkhead seats were very cold because of A/C). Flight was full and leaving on time and boarding was stress less. Entertainment was very good - Touchscreen is a little bit slow but selection is huge. Food and service very good - Beef was delicious. Staff very friendly and helpful with our kids. The leg from LHR to ZRH was on a regular A320, nothing special.

British Airways Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Anil Sinanan    (UK)

14/7/14, Trinidad-St Lucia-LGW Club. On the way down from St Lucia, BA has an inexplicable outdated crew change. They are the ones from the previous days flight having a two day holiday in St Lucia. Check in at POS is usually unprofessional trini-style. BA shares a lounge which has a colonial style dress code so I had to nip to the loo to change from my shorts to trousers, left on time for the 45min trip to St Lucia where the bulk of holidaymakers board back to LGW. I was positive as I heard the new POS-St Lucia cabin crew ask each other if they wanted a beer! They then landed in St Lucia and were busy saying goodbye to each other and the incoming new crew but not saying goodbye to the departing POS-St Lucia passengers! St Lucia-LGW with new crew. Girl came around with newspapers and I said 'FT' please which she had in her hand but she had no clue what the FT was! Did not dare ask for top up to the one glass of bubbly as it is clear as soon as the various jobs are done by various designated crew, that's it. New male wash bag is a laugh so I asked for the female wash bag which actually is slightly better. Flight got very cold and I asked for an extra blanket. Told politely but firmly 'sorry' yet there were loads in overhead lockers which I found later. The point about most BA flights these days is to expect nothing and when u get the odd staff member who actually does that extra to consider it as a bonus.

British Airways Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Storey John    (UK)

MAD to LCY, Business. Great lounge at Madrid, flight boarding very good, food awful, service poor, arrival at LCY good, however baggage awful, all bags through but mine priority last off!

British Airways Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Storey John    (UK)

Flew LCY to MAD in Business, only 3 people in a cabin for 12, no welcome, no pre take off drinks, very poor service, awful food, warm drinks, turbulence as we got in the air dealt with very well. Overall very poor service.

British Airways Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Mark Freyton    (UK)

Got a wonderful cheap fare from London City to Florence, £56 each way! London City a delight to travel through except when your flight is badly delayed, which sadly ours was. No announcements made to tell anyone what was happening, 2 hour delay shown on the departure board popped up at boarding time. Actually a BA fan but this was handled very badly. No information or assistance. Then when we boarded we were delayed by another hour, thankfully once on board the cabin crew and pilots were great at communicating and almost made up for the bad handling by ground staff. Great hot breakfast and drinks served on board on the way out. The return flight was on time and again a lovely crew and a very acceptable snack and drink service. Excellent value compared to the "low cost" carriers, no extra charges for bags etc allowed and free drinks if you wanted them. Apart from the delay outbound a wonderful trip. Would have been a 10/10 had we left on time.

British Airways Customer review :  23 July 2014 by H Sueess    (Switzerland)

We had a flight from ZRH to SFO via LHR. The leg from ZRH to LHR on a regular A320, nothing special. The leg from LHR to SFO was on a 747-400 (G-CIVY) was very good. Aircraft was clean and in a good condition. Entertainment was not perfect but sufficient. Food and service very good - Beef was delicious. Staff were very friendly and helpful with our Kids. Flight itself was very calm, perfect flight for all of us.

British Airways Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Luis Starr    (Saudi Arabia)

DOH-BAH-LHR-LAX, flight started from Doha with a short hop to Bahrain to pick up more passengers. Check in was ok, but was over baggage allowance by 1 kilo so made me pay. Flight departed on time with an older 777 with broken AC so everyone was roasting inside the plane, not good in a very hot middle eastern summer, told it would be better once airborne - had to endure twice due to stop over in Bahrain. Crew were fantastic though, very welcoming the moment I stepped onboard, compensated the lack of AC. Dinner was served and it was good, nothing to write home about, as was breakfast. IFE old with no AVOD capabilities so movies are on the loop and few channels with old movies. Arrived at LHR terminal 3 - nice, very quite very early in the morning so few people and shops around. Flight to LAX again on an older 777 but new IFE with AVOD this time, crew mixed bag, male crew a bit rude. Food - lunch was ok, like the dessert, but small portions, bring lots of food, and 2 hours before arrival, a sad sandwich and yoghurt was serve, other carriers serve full meal as second meal or snack, and around that time IFE crashed on half the plane, nothing to do about it, good thing it was almost arrival time, pretty boring flight and full as well, arrived on time, and bags were out in 10 minutes that is if you can come out of immigration faster. It was an ok, long flight, very disappointing but it did get me where I wanted to be.

British Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by S Tibble    (UK)

10th July, BA117, LHR-JFK. Well I have not flown with BA for a number of years as they are not my favourite airline from past experience. We were travelling with hand luggage so should be easy. Decided to not pre purchase seats but go for online check in and seat selection. All very easy and got good seats on 777-300 should have been 747 but obviously had an aircraft change. So we arrive at airport and go to security and scan our boarding cards get rejected, you need to get your passport and visa validated from the BA desk before you can proceed. Would be good if this was shown on boarding pass. Boarding very good onto a new plane good seats good entertainment, staff seemed interested and engaging. All the crew seemed very good. I walked off the aircraft with my view of BA restored would I fly again with them yes.

British Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Hannah Shad    (Sweden)

Flew GOT-LHR-LAX and back on the new A380. Flight from GOT-LHR was alright, even though the flatbread they served was inedible. Transferred through T5, quick and easy. Must say that Heathrow gets better and better for every time you visit! The long haul flight on BA's A380 was excellent. I was sat on the upper deck which is a huge privilege since the seats are 2-4-2, also I was sat in a window seat which made it all even better since they've installed lockers next to the seats where you can put your stuff. The staff was excellent (and also very good looking) and the food was better than I could've imagined for an economy route. The whole experience was overall better than I'd thought for a 500$ ticket, and so far the best I've gone with when it comes to flights over the Atlantic.

British Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by D Day    (UK)

LGW-BGI-LGW, Club World R/T. Old, careworn B777-200. Airplane was not clean both sectors. Food outbound from Gatwick was almost inedible, and unbelievably they also ran out of choices. Inbound airplane toilets reeked. At least food on return was slightly improved. Cabin Crew both sectors were simply going through the motions, and were rushed / robotic. The Club World seats are narrow and uncomfortable. The inflight entertainment system was a bad joke. Screens poor, and tiny selection of movies. BA's so called Business Class experience is woefully outdated, and an extremely poor product when compared to other international carriers. I am amazed that British Airways standards are so low, and they get away with it. This is mere A to B transport. What is missing from their Business Class is "class".

British Airways Customer review :  16 July 2014 by J Norman    (UK)

Flew LHR to Mumbai return with my husband - very disappointing. The Galleries lounge at Terminal 5 was overcrowded, noisy and had the feel of a cafeteria, not the tranquil haven suggested by BA. The food was below average. Unable to avail ourselves of the spa' facilities as they were fully booked. Not enough toilets for the number of people in the lounge and my husband had to queue! We had to pay extra to guarantee 2 seats together to the tune of £240. When we boarded the aircraft (Boeing 747-400) the cabin crew appeared rushed and flustered, they were not forthcoming with drinks or refreshments or particularly welcoming. The 'yin and yang' seat configuration didn't work out well for us as we continually had to lean forward to talk to each other. The seat comfort was okay but quite narrow. My IFE did not work on the return flight. The in-flight food was above average but not outstanding. Check-in at Mumbai for the return flight was very slow. We were kept waiting for at least 40 minutes with no apology for the delay. The business class lounge at Mumbai is appalling, cannot be described as business class at all. No facilities, the food very poor both in quality and selection and had clearly been hanging around for some time. The whole experience of BA's Club World was seriously underwhelming and we will not fly with them again.

British Airways Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Payne Rob    (UK)

LHR-CPH-LHR. Business class on the way out and economy on the return trip. Flight on time on both trips, staff as usual, excellent, both within the airport and on the planes. No inflight entertainment at all, both operated by A320's whose seats were looking just a little tired. The biggest gripe I have is the food, on the business flight we had some sandwiches which were bordering on being stale and on the return trip was a cold chicken wrap which was very short on imagination. Quite disappointed that the food appears to have gone downhill badly since our last flights. Come on BA, these are the sorts of things which gave you a clear lead over most of your rivals.

British Airways Customer review :  16 July 2014 by D Leston    (UK)

LHR-FRA-LHR in spotlessly clean airbuses, both looked brand new (although they weren't). Crews were immensely friendly and helpful with a smile for everybody. Slight delay on the return leg, but kept well informed. Only minus point is the remote stands at FRA that slow boarding and disembarkation to a snails pace.

British Airways Customer review :  16 July 2014 by G Thompson    (South Africa)

Flew JNB-LHR, return. Only considered BA because they fly the A380 on the route, which is undoubtedly the best aircraft to fly on. Only hit minor turbulence in both directions, so one can easily get some rest. BA have undoubtedly upped their game in premium economy - the 744 equivalent was about the worst in the sky. The A380 is a considerable improvement. Only gripe is that on premium economy you get no special boarding benefits, so by the time I got on the plane, the cabin was already full - can only assume the others all had the relevant frequent flyer privilege. Anyway, the food was superb, with proper crockery and cutlery, attentive service, and superb entertainment. But I really only recommend flying the A380, if you are unlucky to find yourself on the old 744's expect the opposite - a cramped cabin with mediocre seats and regular economy class service.

British Airways Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Senden Roswitha    (UK)

Very disappointed with my flight back from Munich, although it's only 2 hours all that was offered was a small basket consisting of a packet of nuts or shortbread. The flight over to Munich was considerably better, being offered chicken curry wrap etc. We were told when booking this return in Munich that there was only one seat left, however once in the aircraft there were still seats left including one next to me! However it's really the snack offered that's my main "bone of contention" as we chose British Airway in preference to the cheap budget airlines but we now find there's little difference in the on flight catering.

British Airways Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Jackie Craig    (Italy)

I flew with British Airways with my mother from Paphos to Manchester. She had a fit to fly certificate that stated that she needed room to turn, as she had recently broken her hip. I was told at the airport that there were no seats at the front available, so she had to go into the second row, and had to shuffle in sideways, which was very painful and distressing for her. Then, the 3 seats in front of her, where she could have had room to turn, were occupied by 3 able-bodied men! I think this is total disregard for passenger welfare. I will never fly with BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Harris Lisa    (UK)

Just taken a BA flight, LHR-JFK rtn. Outstanding service, staff went above and beyond to make us comfortable. The cabin director found out it was my Dad's 60th birthday and gave him a bottle of champagne to take away. Very friendly and nothing too much trouble. We flew on older 747 and newer 777 with latest interior - both very comfortable, plenty of leg room and entertainment great. Screen on older aircraft a little small, but much better on newer. Food was the best I had on any airline. Restaurant quality without a doubt.

British Airways Customer review :  13 July 2014 by J O'Reilly    (Ireland)

Paris - London - Nassau. All flights on time. Flight from Paris to London on A319 was a short trip and comfortable. The 2nd flight from London to Nassau on an old 767. Food was good and tasty with plenty of drinks on offer. Flight was not too crowded so plenty of room for people to spread about the cabin. Only issue with the flight was the AVOD which was very old so picture was not so clear and sound terrible. Other than that a good experience.

British Airways Customer review :  13 July 2014 by Thompson Alan    (UK)

London Gatwick to Bari. Bag drop very slow and couldn't print luggage tag. Plane an old 737 but very well preserved, clean and very tidy. Cabin crew very nice. As always the pilot explained the real reason for the one hour delay. Why do ground crew always say 'due to late arrival of incoming aircraft'? Sandwich lunch very nice and good drink selection. Once onboard a very good experience.

British Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

BA026, 7th July, Seat 66B. Arrived HK off a connecting CX flight was able to use the QF lounge close to the gate at HKIA boarding very quick and was upgraded to WT+ at the gate which was welcome after travelling from London to Malaysia and back over 3 days. I like the A380 very quiet seats are very comfortable in WT+ this being my 5th Trip on BA's 380 departed on time IFE was good however crew and food not the best on this flight, I used TG between London BKK and KUL 2 days earlier in economy and the food and crew were fantastic, will continue using BA for now but tempted maybe use the Star Alliance again in future.

British Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Scott Alan    (Australia)

Went from Sydney to Singapore to London to Lisbon, a long flight over 27 hours including 2 hours each at Sing and London. Have flown with the Asian carriers that were very good but flew BA this time as best value for Lisbon. I was not expecting great service but was pleasantly surprised the planes were good with good entertainment and food was good. The staff were also pleasant and professional. Only criticism was on all legs including return they did not ask people in front to raise seats when they served meals I asked in 2 cases and they asked person in front to raise seats but I saw many that did not ask and they did not get people to raise them. All other Asian airlines come along and say when they are serving meals to raise seats.

British Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Livingston Alan    (UK)

I flew Glasgow-Gatwick-Vegas-Gatwick-Glasgow. I have flown this way before as I get to put my baggage on at Glasgow and forget about it. Glasgow-Gatwick, no real comment other than cabin crew don't do much more than the minimum. Flew Premium Economy, on a 777-200, flight was full. Premium cabin is cramped and a fair distance away from the Toilets as you are not allowed to use the toilets at the front, again cabin crew do no more than the minimum, food just about acceptable. Return flight of the same standard, they kept trying to say I was booked back to Edinburgh, took them an age to sort this out, breakfast is a bit of a joke, have found when flying BA that its best to carry snacks as they don't over feed you. Of course when I got back to Gatwick I ran into the French ATC control strike, no announcement made. After having to hang around Gatwick all day, I finally got a flight to Glasgow at 8pm, at least my luggage arrived, well done to BA there. When I made a comment to BA customer service I was told by them that my flight(s) had been cancelled due to Aircraft unserviceability, when I queried this the respondent confirmed that aircraft u/s, could offer no explanation as to why I was told different. I would like to complement BA but Virgin totally beat them hands down.

British Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by C Kay    (UK)

Bridgetown to London Gatwick on Avios companion ticket. Fantastic cabin crew - friendly yet professional - good and tasty choice of food, and very nice selection of wines. After a few less than satisfactory BA experiences of late, this one proved that they can deliver a top quality product.

British Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Chris Willwtt    (UK)

LHR-YVR-LHR. Flew in in First on very shabby 744 which was nothing like First was displayed on the BBC documentary about BA. Squeezing so many passengers into the nose of a 744 is a joke. The staff both ways were excellent and attended to the half empty cabins with great attention to detail. OB were the old contract crew and IB was a standby mixed fleet crew not normal on this route. Food from LHR was palatable and from YVR was awful. On the return leg the IFE was faulty. The fast track OB was a free for all as we were bus fed to the aircraft on return how it should be. I feel the BBC has hurt BA with First passengers having their expectations raised to abnormal levels only to be let down by an average product on very tired equipment not as shown on TV. We were generally happy due to the fact that I used Avios and an AMEX voucher for the flight, if we would have paid for the flights then it would have been disappointing and would have chosen Air Canada. BA really do need to sort out their dated equipment sooner rather than later before more premium clients opt for other carriers especially on the middle eastern and far eastern routes. We will continue to use BA due to the Avios rewards which demands loyalty for financial reasons, I could not recommend for passengers having to pay for either CW or First.

British Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Alyssa Ablitt    (Australia)

Travelled with my husband, sister and brother inlaw to Rome, via Heathrow. Yep, long flight, so everyone kept reminding me when I told them where we were from. Decided to upgrade to Premium Economy, and thanks to our travel agent got a good deal. Several years ago I was put off from flying British Airways, so thought I'd give them another go. Wasn't disappointed, all flights were good considering we flew straight through to Rome, I felt pretty good at the end of 30 hours in the air. The Premium Eco seats had plenty of leg room on all flights, 2 bags per person, even the flight from Barcelona to Gatwick which we were very grateful for. Can't say the food was anything to rave about. When the food you are eating has been on the plane as long as you have it really can't be good. Overall the flights were really good, on time, easy pickup of bags etc. the only disappointment is having to pay for the allocation of our seats. Apparently this is now common practice. Just be upfront about it that's all. will defiantly investigate BA again though.

British Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by John Frewen-Lord    (UK)

Flew YYZ to LHR on 1st July. Booked WT+, but was upgraded to Club World at the gate, which went some way to compensate for the awful outgoing flight (see separate review). Fabulous flight, very attentive flight attendants, decent food (although the cannelloni was a bit dry), excellent wine, Only slight negative was that the 777 is a noisy aircraft, even sitting near the front. Overall, this was BA at its best.

British Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by B Wijesinghe    (USA)

LHR-IAD, BA 293, B772ER, Club World. Checked-in fairly quickly at the T5 First Class counter due to Gold Tier status. Security speed average despite Fast Track. First Class Lounge food good and the business centre worked well. Boarding efficient in Fast Track. Left the C Terminal gate on time. Staff reasonably efficient and friendly throughout the flight. The latest Elemis wash bag is a bad joke! CW food is still quite disappointing and inconsistent, with the pasta meal being quite dry. Wines and beverage choice good. The eight-year old CW seat is in desperate need of a competitive replacement. Eight across in CW is pathetic. The seamless seat cushion itself is very comfortable, though the foot rest does not work well when combining the two to make a bed. If reduced to six across in CW, there will be more room for the storage of small items needed during the flight, and much more shoulder, elbow and hip room. Thankfully, I did not have to jump over anyone's feet from my window seat as the aisle seat was unoccupied. Baggage was awaiting my arrival after clearing immigration at IAD. Overall, a reasonably pleasant flight, but it is sad to see how the BA CW product has declined so much over the past 15 years. I am a very loyal BA customer, and plan to remain so for now.

British Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by G Feaver    (New Zealand)

We paid top money for Club Europe and upon leaving the UK we thought it was well worth it as great helpful check in, fast track immigration and lovely lounge. Once on plane, saw a number of economy passengers throw their hand luggage up in the open lockers above the Club Europe passengers, which we feel should be policed as the late arrivals of the Club Europe passengers had no room to put their hand luggage. Service and meals were average but really not worth the extra money especially once we got to Rome when all the Club Europe Passengers luggage was last off, we waited close to 30 minutes. Hopefully British Airways will sort out the Rome baggage handlers. Flying them again next week we hope for a better experience.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |