British Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

British Airways
3.5 Star Rating: Good

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by R Simon    (Austria)

VIE-LHR on Nov 29 on an Airbus 320 in Economy - straightforward evening point to point flight with a mixed fleet crew. Flight departed on time and landed ahead of time in Heathrow which is a rare thing these days. No luggage to check and web check-in was working fine. Plane featured the new slim seats which are a step back in both comfort and legroom. Mixed fleet FA's were pleasant, however the service was not particularly well organized. It took them quite some time for the service to start and it took more than 30 minutes to get a drink after the sandwich has been served. On the other hand, the bacon sandwich was actually good and full bar service was offered. Other than the “required service” of sandwich, drink and duty free, the crew was pretty much in hiding mode. Service not quite up to usual BA standards. BA uses a shared lounge in VIE, which this time was quite busy but not overcrowded. Lounge as such is acceptable, but far from great. Still believe that BA offers one of the best economy products on the European market and flying them is in general a pleasant experience. (Oneworld Sapphire).

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by T Hanan    (Germany)

MAN-LHR-ZRH and return. Very smooth online check-in and seat selection. Lightly loaded flights, so I ended up with an empty seat next to me on every leg of the journey. The catering was pretty basic, the usual crisps, biscuits or nuts, but a full complimentary bar. Every flight was on time or early - when the return flight arrived at LHR ahead of schedule, they even agreed to rebook me on an earlier connection to MAN, which then also arrived early at MAN. All in all, an impressive experience.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by S Scott    (UK)

Great experience on BA, Glasgow to Prague via Heathrow, outbound 3/12/14, inbound 6/12/14. Immaculate refurbished aircraft, seats very comfortable. Great breakfast, unexpected, from Glasgow and tasty filling sandwiches on the Prague flights. Only quibble is very scanty snack on evening flight back to Glasgow. Very good value package city break to Prague from Glasgow.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by A Chan    (Australia)

Flew return (LHR to LAX) on the A380. Condition of the aircraft is good as the aircraft is new. BA had first, business and economy on the main deck and business, premium economy and economy on the upper deck. This was good as it avoided the vast spaces which could make the cabin look like cattle class. The food service was acceptable and has not changed much (except for the smaller portion) from which I first flew with BA about 15 years ago. Service was delivered in a professional and timely manner. The downside was the seat design. BA is trying to fit a remote control, video screen, tray table and storage space all on the seat back. This makes the tray table and video screen far too small (back to sizes that I experienced back in the 90s). This made the travel experience felt like cattle class as the seat dimension is typical economy seat size. All other airlines have improved the travel experience by improving the economy seat design. The worst experience was on the return leg when a passenger absolutely refused to put his seat upright during the dinner service and this was after I asked him repeatedly. This resulted in my tray sloping down and the dinner tray and tray table hitting my stomach. The cabin crew just shrug me off when I asked him to ask the "gentleman" to put up his seat for just 10 minutes. Come on there is a big difference between good service (not upsetting customers) and just avoiding difficult situations.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by L Jarvis    (Australia)

JFK-LHR, B747. Brilliant flight - namely because of the flight attendants. They were really friendly - not hurried in what they were doing and seemed genuine. The product on this older 747 wasn't great. It was nice having the extra room and smaller cabin in Premium Economy - but the TV screen was tiny and you could tell it was just an out of date aircraft and needed updating! Food was absolutely excellent - beautiful lamb cutlet and beef cheek - best food I've had on an aircraft. Quick flight - reasonably comfortable and would definitely fly again!

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Smith    (USA)

I cannot believe that BA calls their plane from Austin to London a "Dreamliner". I'm sitting in their so called "club world" which is the equivalent to Americans business class and this plane is awful! There is no room to put anything at all. Everything, and I mean everything goes in storage. You are literally looking straight at the person next to you. Attendants are rude. Don't waste your money. While its nice to go non-stop between Austin and London this will be the last time I ever take this flight.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Boone Pieter    (Netherlands)

AMS-LHR-JNB and CPT-LHR-AMS in club. 767 between Amsterdam and London is just wonderful, Love the front cabin. A380 to JNB. This was a late departure. I could see - from the lounge - the A380 arrive at the stand some 30 minutes prior to boarding, obviously arriving late from another destination and even though it doesn't require a lot of inside-knowledge to see that such a plane can not be 'turned around' in 60 minutes. However, BA did not feel there would be a delay until it called all it's premium passengers from the lounge and had them lined up in 4 separate lanes in front of the counter, then announcing a delay of 15, then 30, then 45 minutes: How to get your most appreciated customers furious, never hear so many complaints on an airline even before the flight started: terrible ground management: not a good start. Upperdeck club seating is absolutely wonderful and this plane is so quiet that you can hear everything. Never realized how much snoring is going on at night, first time I had to use earplugs. Food was just terrible and how BA gets away with having pepper and salt in the cheapest of the cheapest sachets just baffles me. The flight to Jo'burg was obviously done by the more senior crew who have incredible charm, wit and the most entertaining sense of humor. That opposed to the 'new crew' on the way back from Cape Town. Old 747, with spacious seating, all fine. Crew stressed, running all the time, no manners, no sense of class and definitely no sense of humor. Food was slightly better on this long flight, but way below any other European carrier I flew. It was my first time in club on BA, I love the seat, very comfortable for sleeping. There is a lack of space to put your stuff but other than that: a really nice product. BA lounges definitely stand out in the level of catering (food). Transfer at LHR T 5 was quick and easy, but terminal itself is a tacky shopping mall and how - so soon after being delivered as new - half of it was blocked for remodelling. My return to Amsterdam on a new A319 was great. Good breakfast and seating is fine.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by R King    (UK)

Travelled JFK - LHR, late November. The Concorde Room: very nice indeed, food not that good for once. Seat 1K: fine, comfortable enough but no space at all for small things - even the wardrobe had no storage space. Just room for the coat and shoes below. This compares with American Airlines Business Class which had essentially the same seat, loads of storage space and good privacy. AA Business class is equivalent to BA First Class. The service was fantastic as always with BA. Cup of tea excellent and breakfast good. Toiletries bag was fine with all the items needed. Toilet a bit naff for First Class. Value for money simply because the deal I got was really good - BA always do deals late November. Otherwise it would have been poor value. However AA are preferred - BA do not have WiFi.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Tom Gleinser    (USA)

We flew "Business/1st class" from London to Dublin and then Berlin to London recently on an Airbus A-130 (like a 737). Three seats on a side. The only thing different from coach was they put a tray table over the center seat. The seats were as cramped as Southwest airlines. The service was excellent, but the seats made it a bad deal.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by H Blackhall    (UK)

LGW-TFS in November 2014. Flight left Gatwick at about 0900hrs to arrive Tenerife at 1340 hours. We were served a croissant and cereal bar plus coffee and a yoghurt at about 1000hrs. No further trolley service at all during this four and a half hour flight. On the return leg leaving Tenerife at 1415hrs we were served a wrap and a cheese roll with either drink from the bar or hot drink. The drinks were served after the meal. No further trolley service. The seating configuration was tight to say the least and I am 5'8. This felt like a budget airline flight. The Captain asked us to enjoy British Airways hospitality!

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by J Turunen    (UK)

LHR-HEL Club Europe / HEL-LHR Economy. Club has improved a lot. Great service from staff. Greeting you by your name. However, the food was just cold cuts and salad - dessert thin slices of fruit. The new seats are not very comfortable but I sat in the first row so had ample leg room. Not sure if worth a full fare but as a part miles ticket it was enjoyable. The return in economy was fine. Again the new seats are not comfortable - much prefer the old ones although the cabin does look very nice. In economy you were served a sandwich and drinks including beer. I fly the same route regularly in Finnair and BA is a superior service. The flight attendants did a good job. Not overly friendly but quite attentive. The lounge at LHR terminal 3 is ok but breakfast was pretty bad. Egg muffins with no taste at all - do recommend Club Europe but only when not paying top fare.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Robert Davidson    (UK)

BGI-LGW Premium Economy August 2014. Silver Tier Status. Older plane with older version of BA PE seat. Adequate leg room though. Cabin crew barely visible for the 8 hour flight and quite short tempered when they served dinner and breakfast. On BA website, PE meals advertised as being a choice of two dishes off the Business menu. We were definitely served an Economy meal for dinner, which was fairly average. Breakfast before we landed in LGW consisted of a hard cold croissant with jam and fresh orange with tea/coffee. At the end of an 8 hour flight this was really disappointing and I would have been disappointed with this in Economy never mind PE. When I asked a flight attendant about this, I was treated abysmally. Overall, it is not worth paying extra for PE taking into account the poor standard of meals but especially the lack of courtesy and basic manners shown by cabin crew.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by R Jones    (UK)

Amsterdam for two nights on business. Used BA. I have to say that their economy Euro product is good and covers all angles for smooth and efficient journey. Check in at LHR T5 takes seconds and security minutes. The aircraft was the early-bird and was full. Breakfast snack and tea served minutes after take off. Even a tea refill offered. Good value for money too.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Vivienne Pinnell    (UK)

LHR to Seattle return in WT+, a thoroughly enjoyable experience on each journey. Both flights more or less on time with excellent crew on both legs, very attentive and cheerful, with plenty of drink runs and quite tasty meals. Entertainment quite good with a huge choice of movies, TV and music,. On arrival into Seatac I was through immigration and customs with my luggage and in my limo in under an hour. On arrival into Heathrow terminal 5 it took about the same amount of time. I've been flying this route for the past twenty five years, on average two to three times a year, and BA is certainly the best airline flying to Seattle.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Bell Neill    (USA)

LAX-LHR-LAX, on the A380.The first thing I noticed: You can no longer upgrade with Avios. Unlike the days of BA Miles, any attempt just brings up "No Availability" or the web-site simply tries to make you buy an upgrade. Not a good start. Next up, at LAX the plane was a good hour late arriving. Finally boarded and the flight was OK. Food was from the Club World menu (WTP), seating fine, enough wine, good IFE but then, landing late at LHR, a delay because "An airbus was at our spot". Next, the airbridge will not work, followed by, an airbus is in our spot. Over 35 minutes wasted, sitting there with children bullying passengers. If the pilot wishes to lie, please be consistent. Route back, all quite normal but I feel somehow, BA have thrown the baby out with the bath water. As a share holder, I prefer discounts to dividends which are doubtful ad I preferred using miles to upgrade (try finding flights from the US you can book with "Avios" and finally, why did that pilot lie to all of us, sat there waiting to park? Time to stop collecting miles, change credit cards and look for an honest airline I feel.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Neil Balter    (USA)

Phoenix to London - outbound a wonderful and enjoyable experience. The problem we had started on our return flight home. We boarded the plane and were disappointed to find out that we were in the old style first class. After being in the new cabin on the way out the old configuration is very run down and there was a rip in the seat. I was attempting to work but when I went to plug in my laptop battery I found that there was no adapter for me to use. Since I could no longer work I decided to put a movie on. The tiny screen in the old first class was just pathetic. The flight attendants did their absolute best to make up for the issues and I give them high marks for trying as hard as they possibly could to accommodate me. I decided to walk to the back and visit a friend who was also on the flight. You can imagine my surprise when I saw him sitting in business class with a TV screen bigger than mine, a plug for his laptop, and a new seat. At this point it became obvious to me that the rest of the cabin, both coach and business class, had been upgraded. It doesn't make sense to me. Just when we thought it could not get any worse, we landed in Phoenix to face another issue. We waited 45 minutes for our bags before being told that our luggage was still in London. We've flown on this flight before and had the same issue of our luggage not being on the plane. The difference is that we were informed before landing that our baggage hadn't made it and that they would have it delivered directly to our home. Well this time nobody informed us so we stood there waiting for 45 minutes at the baggage claim before we were told.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by I Lancaster    (UK)

LHR to IST in economy. Excellent! I thought it was a new A320, but FA told me it was not new, it was refurbished. Well done BA on a good re-design: new lighting, seats, clever seat-back storage etc. I believe they've reduced the economy seat pitch, but the design is such that you don't notice. Dinner was served on this evening flight - a very tasty Chicken curry with cheese/crackers and chocolate mousse desert. A very decent meal for a 4-hour flight in economy. FAs were courteous and efficient. The only negative was security at LHR T5, where there was a long delay because of installation of new machines and security alert that morning.

British Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Vincent Borlaug    (USA)

BA216 from Washington to London in World Traveller Plus on BA's new A380 (upper level) - one of the smoothest, quietest flights I've experienced in 45 years of flying. Practically everything went off perfectly - less jet noise than on other aircraft, decent food, great leg-room and seat width, a relaxing cabin layout and a top-notch cabin crew (no rating for entertainment since apart from the flight tracker I don't use it) - even the boarding and disembarkation, despite being on two levels, seemed more orderly than in the past on other aircraft. A success all round.

British Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Colin Pay    (UK)

LHR-BGO on A319. Flight on time and only half full. Drinks and snack on this early departure. Crew very good.

British Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by H Lowe    (UK)

LHR-SFO-LHR. Out in economy and return in economy plus, both in a 747-400. Outbound, seating was in the V2 configuration meaning that no exit seats were available but did manage a bulkhead seat which made the journey more pleasant. Staff on this flight were quite poor, forgot to serve me dinner and disregarded the call button, literally had to physically stop the steward in the aisle to get service. Return in PE cost an extra £240 which is quite steep but the dinner was better as was the space and seat. Service on return was excellent. Breakfast really disappointing, cereal bar and a bag of dried fruit, who on earth in management in BA came up with this menu?

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |