British Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

British Airways
3.5 Star Rating: Good

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by E Giraud    (France)

Heathrow - Mexico and Cancun - Gatwick in economy. Entertainment fine, food ok, spacious seats, nice crew and excellent landing. I shall fly again with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by C Patterson    (UK)

We flew with BA on 6th February to Goa - had three flights in all starting at Manchester. On our outbound journey we were upgraded to Premium Economy which was fantastic! Very comfortable, food was much nicer. On our way back we were in economy. As a family of 4 we were split only by an aisle but it is much nicer to all sit together. Our youngest was awfully sick, I think as a result of turbulence as well as sleep deprivation. Bless the steward who cleaned it up. However we were sat for 10 hours with the after effects! Nothing anyone could have done, however. Staff always very friendly and nothing seems to be any trouble. Would certainly fly again with them but this next time the prices have rocketed. Not as much room in the economy and when seats are reclined there's little room. The passenger in front kept putting her hands over the back of her head rest, which then covered my TV screen - I had to keep moving them off. Just one bit of advice for the stewards - make sure during meal times you are vigilant in ensuring that passengers put their seats up!

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by David Graham    (UK)

Flew LHR-JFK-LHR in February and enjoyed excellent service on both sectors. I used AVIOS points for these flights and had booked in World Traveller Plus. From the moment I boarded at LHR terminal 5. I was addressed by name throughout the flight. (I have a BA Executive Club Silver Card.) The cabin crew couldn't have been more friendly, yet discreet. Offered a glass of champagne, extra wine and post dinner drinks. I was given a very warm welcome. On the return from JFK I was surprised, and pleased, to have been given an upgrade to Club World, in spite of travelling on a Reward Flight. This meant I was able to use the pre-flight supper in the JFK lounge, which is so much better than eating during the flight, so I was able to maximise sleep. I couldn't have been more pleased with the service I received on both legs. When BA gets it right, it is in a class of its own; friendly, personal yet very unobtrusive service.

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Robin Middleton    (UK)

Recently flew to EZE and back from LHR. Longest flight on the BA network. In each direction, the crew were brilliant, and nothing was too much trouble. IFE rather dated, and choices were only average. Food was ok, better than last year on this route. Actually had a very tasty steak out of EZE, which was pink, great! But full English breakfast is best avoided, the continental choice was excellent. On schedule both ways, and landed 30 minutes early both ways. Baggage arrived very promptly. For once there were no long queues at EZE. (Buenos Aires). I fly this route perhaps twice a year, 3 years ago, it was all pretty diabolical, but despite cutbacks crew all seem much more friendly, and the food is slowly improving. No other direct flights from LHR.

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by C Drake    (UK)

LHR-Washington in Club World. My disappointment continues with BA on the A380 Club World seat. In theory being the flagship plane - it should have the flagship Business class seat. As a regular traveller with BA I know the "Club" product well and this seat is a lot more cramped than the older 777 product. What BA risk when they downsize a product is insulting the regular traveller whom, WILL notice, and take offence and fly with someone else. Its a bit like the BA First product, this used to have caviar on the JFK route and silver plated cutlery and Krug champagne. Now they don't. I notice because I used to experience it. Meanwhile prices have shot up - and quality has shot downwards. Very disappointing.

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Allan Simpson    (UK)

Flight was cancelled with no explanation. No offer of help whilst having to stay the 2 extra days in Thailand. My flight from Bangkok to Heathrow was horrendous. Travelled World Traveller plus which is a total waste of money. We were served a meal within the first couple of hours of the 12 hour 35 minute flight. I was offered beef or Fish. It was actually Chicken. Apart from a tub of Ice Cream the next meal was not for another 8/9 hours. When the meal did arrive it was Pasta or Chicken. I asked for chicken. It was Fish! It was also vile. Sent it back. Judging back the food going up and down the aisle so did several others. I went to the back of the cabin for a cup if tea. I was advised if I wanted more tea could I retain the paper cup as they were running out!!! It was like being on some 3rd World airline. This is BA. Supposedly the flagship airline of our country. It's an absolute disgrace. I have flown for over 40 years and never again with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Brad Basler    (USA)

Flew from SFO to Milan via Heathrow on 2/14, returned 2/21. Outbound was rescheduled due to changes requested by my company's business partner in Milan. This was the third reschedule, and BA charged 433.40, 533.90, and 275.00 successively on a basic $1822.00 economy flight. No other airline does this in my experience. Incredibly, my travel agency could not reserve me a window seat ahead of time - unless I paid an extra $53.00 for each flight. I did so, but was given an aisle seat on the outbound flight anyway. Both overseas legs were on 747s that were extremely cramped for someone over 6 ft. tall. On the way out, my antiquated in-flight display did not work. On the way back, my headphone jack was broken. We left Heathrow 90 minutes late due to a computer glitch but for the next 12 hours the BA website indicated on time arrival, so my wife waited two hours extra at SFO. Overall, a very poor experience. I will avoid BA whenever possible.

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by C Childs    (UK)

My return flight from Cape Town to Heathrow, BA0042, 30/1/15 was a miserable experience. My entertainment system was not available for three hours despite being told that it could easily be re-set. (No one was available to do it). When it did become available it was lights-out time and my seat would not recline. It was not possible to focus on the screen with the reclined seat in front at such close quarters. Two stewardesses thought the seat belt was preventing the seat from reclining but when this was not the reason no one else came to investigate. No one seemed to care that I needed to stand for long periods to relieve my back. Being polite and patient did me no good. I have several questions. How often are the seats serviced? Why is the entertainment system so unreliable? How often are the seat belts checked because mine kept slipping? Customer Services want me to chose BA in the future but as they ignored addressing these issues when I wrote to them, I have too many doubts.

British Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 by M Cooper    (USA)

British Airways general onboard services in First are generally acceptable. However, the airline refuses to acknowledge that premium ground services should be added for paid First class passengers. Ground services such as special assistance for transfers that are so widely available on other carriers for their First class passengers are sorely lacking at BA (ex. Lufthansa First Class terminal and transfers at FRA and others). Even as a Gold Executive Club top tier member, there is nothing available - even when I call and request assistance on long-haul First flights (ex. LHR to HKG) that involve changes in planes between T3 and T5 at LHR. BA needs to wake up and examine the overall First product. The upgrades to the First cabin are also marginal. Packing 14 narrow (even on new A380s) seats in First puts the airline at a huge disadvantage to other OneWorld carriers who have a true First product (ex. Cathay has 8 true suites in First). Wake up BA - your premium fare paying customers are irate over this lack of First product amenities, including full ground support (especially upon special request) for paying First passengers.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by B Starkey    (UK)

Flew BA2043, Gatwick to Male in World Traveller Plus. Plane a Boeing 777 which was very old and thus the entertainment screen was small. The main dissatisfaction was the food - going out it was the worst that we had ever had in long haul and coming back it was not much better. The choices ran out when the cabin crew got to me (comment someone has to be last and unfortunately it is you sir). I finally got my choice when the Captain gave up his first choice! Other airlines, particularly middle east and far east based do a much better job.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by N Ingram    (UK)

Returning from St Vincent late on LIAT Airways, we landed in Barbados at 1750 for the 1755 flight to Gatwick. The BA and Virgin flights to Gatwick were still on the Tarmac. All Virgin passengers were quickly met by a representative and sent through to the flight. BA customers had to fend for themselves and therefore missed the flight. That meant pleading for a seat on the 21.10 hrs flight. Not good customer relations. I should add the supervisor at check in was brilliant though.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Ian Sinclair    (UK)

LGW-AMS on Friday 13th. Flight delayed by almost an hour despite being informed in the lounge that everything was on time, reason provided by Captain was late inbound aircraft. (this was my third late running BA flight in as many weeks). No apologies other than the rather matter of fact explanation from the flight deck, surly cabin crew who clearly wanted to be somewhere else other than looking after their guests on board. I have two more flights in the coming month with BA, rather regretting having booked with this carrier now.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by A Cogan    (Ireland)

Beyond Appalling. Flight delayed by ten minutes departing Rome to LHR. As a result one passenger decided he was going to miss his connection in LHR. He was allowed disembark thus leading to a delay in departure from Rome of over 1 hour 30 minutes. Consequent late arrival to LHR. Missed connecting flight. Abandoned in Heathrow at 10.30 on a Sunday night had to book new flights miss a day work find a hotel for the night. Ground staff of no use whatsoever. Staff totally unhelpful. Taking things to a logical conclusion what was to stop more passengers disembarking before departure thus delaying the flight ad infinitum. Correspondence/ contact with BA has been a joke since.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Louise Robinson    (UK)

I have always travelled BA and have recently been upgraded to bronze which I would have thought had a few perks? Wrong! My 15 year old son and I travelled from LHR-NYC on BA but it was a code-share with American Airlines. I couldn't check in online so we stood in the long queue and couldn't book an aisle seat either. BA at the airport apparently couldn't help because it was a code-share even though I had bought through BA! The flight was on time and seats a reasonable size. Coming back we flew from Washington Dulles airport - there was a snow storm and it was freezing. The plane which was an Airbus 380 was supposed to leave at 6.35pm and showing departing "on time" not until 6.15 pm on the 21st Feb. Then BA Announced a 20 min delay which sounded reasonable considering the weather outside and all the other planes were delayed or cancelled! We were all boarded on the plane when they announced the plane was too heavy to be pushed out and there was too much snow behind the plane so they called the snow ploughs! We sat on the plane for 6 hours with no food or refreshments except water! There was nowhere for us go apparently so we couldn't get off the plane. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that with all the snow and a huge airplane that there would be large problems. The final straw was after 5 hrs and the third attempt to move the plane was that we had to sit for another 45 mins defrosting the wings! British Airways were not prepared to cancel or reschedule the flight but instead made us sit like cattle on the airplane. It's a disgrace and we they will probably put it down to bad weather and not negligence, bad planning or bad management on their part! Time to look at a new airline to fly with.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by P Seligman    (India)

I fly BA business regularly between Delhi and London. I was surprised at how dirty the plane was - on 2 of my last three flights, my table was sticky, and the area around me stained. The food quality is generally pretty poor - especially on the Delhi to London leg. Also why not get some decent magazines - Country life, Decanter, the Economist, rather than a dull inflight magazine and a grubby copy of Hello! I residually like BA but they have to up their game.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by M Dawes    (UK)

Heathrow to Washington, A380, upper deck club world, return. Crew fantastic, aircraft clean, seats comfy, food excellent both ways. Cannot pick fault with anything apart from they advertise 50K as being a window seat when in fact you actually cannot see out of a window from this seat. I think it's time BA invested some money on the Gatwick club world cabins. The Heathrow product is 100 times better but the price difference does not reflect the difference in standard of service and product delivered.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by C M Sansom    (UK)

Recently travelled to Geneva return in economy from LGW, excellent flights on time and very comfortable on board the B737-436 (G-DOCW/G-DOCX). BA provide a nice complimentary breakfast on BA2736 and drinks and snack on the return BA2737 no hesitation to recommend.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Hugh Harkness    (UK)

BA 0058, Cape Town to London Heathrow, Seats 03A & 04A. Check in - Directed to Club World check in. One of our bags not labelled with First Priority label. A little annoying as on the way out all First luggage was the very last off the carousel. Boarding was via gate 2 and then through World Traveller Plus section. Again annoying as that happened with boarding and disembarking on the way out. Electrical problems with entertainment and lighting - resolved after two hours. No First amenity bags on board. No sleep suit offered as not on board either. Seat for buddy dining kept collapsing. As it was the 1st of the month new wine list available. After one glass of Mersault there was no more on board. Offered 2 of last months whites as an alternative. Butter at breakfast was rancid. Needn't have worried about the bag without the priority label. It came of before our other bags! Again First luggage came through long after most of the other classes of travel had cleared the baggage hall. We did disembark through door 1, however. Crew pleasant and apologetic. Why do we pay the extra? It's back to Club World for us. Time to start trying other airlines as well.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by S Jones    (UK)

Flew from LAX-LHR on BA's new A380. The crew are rightfully proud of their new aircraft and could not stop telling the passengers about its status. My seat was picked as 53K, Upper Deck. I couldn't believe how cramped it was for this long journey. The divider partition was covered in red wine stains from a previous trip and staff seemed nonchalant about cleanliness. The available width of BA's offering is a big disappointment. Whilst those socially awkward individuals might enjoy the clandestine surroundings, I for one do not favour the casket-feel of Club World. The A380 and 787 were a chance to hone the business class offering after much criticism. Execution of the flight was prompt and we pushed back on schedule. I fly a lot for work and am privileged to enjoy the premium cabins, but poor attention to detail and very slow service don't inspire a return to a specific carrier. One alcoholic drink was offered just after take off and then the all too familiar menu was wheeled out. BA's menu for this flight was identical to a return LHR-MIA-LHR leg I took back in early December. Lacklustre choices and the infamous warm chicken breast salad. Maybe I was tired and didn't endear myself, but it needs to be better. I recently flew the A380 with AF to LAX in Business and that was a role reversal! No limp and greasy bacon sandwich on AF either. LAX Teminal B a massive improvement over the years. From fast immigration to pleasant design, it's the leader in aspiring all US airports to improve their standards and get rid of carpet underfoot! Although, and in summary, is this solely enough in a demanding arena where those availing themselves of premium cabin experiences have quite the opposite.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Charles Berlin    (USA)

LHR-JFK. End of a One-World RTW trip. What a disappointment. After a mind-numbing trip through Flight Connections (BA to BA) and a 15 minute walk to the last gate on the B concourse only to get on a 12-15 minute bus ride, i was escorted to the F/C cabin which reminded me more of a rabbit warren than an airplane. The aisle was so narrow that it was impossible to put my carry-on bag in the overhead over my seat. Very claustrophobic. Seat was strange. Very narrow and difficult to sleep in - at least 6-7" narrower than the seats on CX or AA. Strange recline mechanism - normally, you can adjust the recline and the foot rest separately but not in here. The seat reclines in one motion so you can't "fine tune" it like with other airlines. Menu looked fantastic - apps were good, salad was nothing special and the main course (Indian style Lamb) was virtually inedible. Cheeses were good, desserts and wines OK. EVOD was not to the standards of the competition. Fewer movies and TV selections than either AA or CX. Crew was fine. Stick with AA/CX from now on.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Ray Desjardins    (UK)

Cabin crew polite, unfortunately BA ran out of chicken, ran out of wine, ran out of soft drinks. The food was awful. Inflight service was a disaster - did not work properly. 12 hours 20 mins flight, everything counts, obviously BA overlooked this. To be fair, all cabin crew were polite and accommodating. I will never fly again with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Gerry van de Linde    (Australia)

My wife and I travelled with our daughter and her 20 month old baby to London. We travelled in First Class. We did the same trip last year but without our daughter and her son. Naturally we were a little bit nervous about travelling with the baby but the staff were so accommodating, helpful and friendly that we had nothing to worry about. The staff on both legs were superb in every respect. The food was excellent and the First class sleeping pods were excellent in every respect. Comfortable, clean and well appointed. We will travel with British Airways every time, we could not fault them in any way. Just one minor thing that is no fault of British Airways. When they call the flight there is a dedicated boarding row for First Class passengers but it seemed that everyone was able to use this lane which means that we had to join the queue rather than just walk straight through. I know that this sounds rather pathetic, but surely if one is prepared to pay the additional fare one should be entitled to some form of privileges. We have travelled with British Airways on many occasions and each time we have had the same wonderful experiences.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by M Thompson    (USA)

Flew F class on the A380, IAD-LHR-IAD. IAD lounge was charming, great bar, nice Concorde dining room with good service, nice food and on my visit an excellent soup. Greeting staff very nice, and bartenders that knew how to do their job. Only the slightest downfall was in the Club Class section of the lounge the finger sandwiches were dry as sand and just as flavorful. Station Manager, Captain, and Inflight Crew were was kind and generous with their time. Food was decent, Champagne was great! IFS was strange and not easy to use but got help from FA's on both flights. Arrival at T5 was shocking. Like a heard of rabid bovine charging for the exits. Shoved like sardines into small trains with nothing to hold onto, everyone started to tumble. Processing through fast track however was a breeze. Return. F check in is at the far end of the terminal, agent at the counter had the personality of wall paper paste. Concorde Room staff were delightful, breakfast was nice, Massage was ok. Train to gate not nearly the terror it was on arrival. Boarding for First was a snap FA's top notch food ok. Arrival into IAD was as joyus as surgery with long walks, confusing machines, little help. Overall after reading so much negative about BA, I was at least made to feel special at every stop except check in at T5.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by John Ince    (UK)

On a recent flight from Johannesburg to London, I was shocked to find such cramped seating conditions in the World Traveller economy class section. Having not been able to secure an aisle seat (which would have made minimal difference anyway) I was allocated a middle seat of 3. Like many other men (and some women) I am over 6 ft. with long legs so the acute discomfort I experienced was manifest from the start of the flight to the end, about 10 hours. It was difficult to stretch my legs, and at times I had to stand in my seat to alleviate leg cramp. It also caused me considerable back pain. I did offer to swap seats with a lady in the adjacent aisle seat, but she was unwilling to do so, that was her prerogative. So it became necessary to disturb her on a number of occasions to take a walk along the aisles in order to alleviate leg cramps. The cabin staff were co-operative in allowing me to use one of their seats in order to stretch my legs, but had to return to mine during a period of turbulence. Reading very similar reviews, it does make me wonder if British Airways will bother take any notice or continue to treat their passengers (customers) in this appalling fashion. About 10 years ago I experienced an appalling flight from Buenos Aires to London via British Airways (albeit for different reasons) and swore I would never use them again. But I felt I would give them one more chance. What a mistake. The world's favourite airline - don't make me laugh.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Joseph Gallagher    (UK)

Heathrow to Boston on what was once called queen of the sky now grandmother of the sky. Went WTP on ancient 747 with tiny monitors with badly scratched screen and awful selection of movies and music. Food just OK but crew very good. Not worth the money better off in economy.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by D Sampayo    (UK)

The flight was to Dubai, we travelled on the 9.45pm outgoing and 3.20pm incoming to Heathrow. We travelled in economy, the seats were cramped and hard. It was freezing cold, so cold in fact passengers wore coats with a blankets on them as well. The food was awful, no choice whatsoever. I asked for a coffee because I was so cold but had to wait an hour and then had to ask again before I received it. The flight attendants on both flights did not look smart, appeared to want to perform there duties as quickly as possible without any care for the passengers wishes, so that they could stand and chat at back of flight and catch up with each other. We have had better flights on easyjet.

British Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Carlos Blanco    (UK)

LHR-CDG return. The outbound flight was ok. Nothing special as always. The seats are the new fitted seats for European flight. The meal was abysmal compared to AF. The return flight was really annoying. One of the FA was rude. He looked bored and tired as it was the last flight of the day. He showed no interest in collecting the used cups. I know it was a short flight but it was just unacceptable. It's just a shame to see once a great airline is declining like that.

British Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 by Clive Drake    (UK)

LHR-Zurich. The trip got off to a good start as the North lounge was not to busy and this made the whole experience relaxing rather than an endurance test - which it is when it is busy. Had a nice early light lunch. The aircraft was a new A321. I like this plane. It was rammed end to end. The plane had the new Club Europe seats and it reminded me how well BA seem to be, in missing the opportunity, to develop a product that could be really high in quality - but isn't. Unless you are seated in row "1" - the leg room is appalling and the same as economy. As with the old C.E. seat - the centre seat between 3 seats - is a table. Quite why this is logical escapes me - because it seems to imply, that if it suits BA, they will at a whim seat three passengers and not two. This was a grand opportunity to stand out from the competition and clearly establish a comfortable - wide C.E. seat. At the same time justify the higher pricing. Its no wonder BA have very few - if any - Travel Industry awards in the services they provide. So frustrating. I had another light lunch and a couple of Gin and Tonics which was nice. The FAs were great. Flight left a few minutes late but we whizzed over to Zurich in 80 minutes which was great. The World's favourite airline? Try "The Worlds most frustrating airline!"

British Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 by G Campbell    (UK)

I flew club world from JHB to LHR on 21/01 on the 747. The flight experience overall was a good one. Sitting on the upper deck of 747 is definitely a must as its a fair bit quieter than the main deck. The check in was a breeze and the staff at the desk were very friendly, especially considering I was travelling with loads of luggage, bicycle etc. I didn't use the lounge as I know the one in JNB is not very good. The boarding took place on time and we were offered pre takeoff drinks soon after seating. Take off was a bit delayed but smooth non the less. The food leaves a lot to be desired on BA, I had the Salmon main course which was very bland. The up side, the champagne was perfectly chilled and the desert was yummy. The seat configuration is not the best as you are facing your neighbour. The seat in the lounging position is very comfy but is a bit narrow for sleeping, it's also a bit short for taller individuals such as myself. Arrival at T5 was very smooth as I used the fast track lane, from landing to climbing in the taxi was less than 30 min. I would definitely fly BA again but they do need to look into the quality of food and the seat configurations for future upgrades.

British Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 by V Pervaaz    (USA)

I have been a loyal customer for the last 10 years and have progressively seen the service, cleanliness, and interest in client satisfaction decline. I just came back from a NYC-LHR-Dubai trip and will not fly BA again. Several reasons: my seat in Business Class was noticeably filthy - crumbs on the seat and hair on my pillow. When I told the attendant, she just fluffed the pillow and walked away. I was hounded for not filling out the breakfast form in 5 minutes (the plane had not even taken off) and told that "I would not get breakfast". I was served raw chicken and when I expressed interest in another dish was told that all the other passengers had eaten and that there were no more dishes on the plane? The dish was taken away but no follow up or apologies - not even an extra bag of nuts to ensure that I was not hungry for the 7.5 hr flight. Perhaps the most disturbing part of traveling with BA is that the staff are unapologetically arrogant, disinterested and unapproachable and any response is as if they are doing you a favor. As a customer paying nearly 10,000 USD for a round trip ticket, I shouldn't be afraid to speak to staff and highlight a dirty seat or food that is not cooked. The seats on two of the legs were broken and my screen did not work on three of the legs. There are plenty of other first class carriers out there that I will now become a customer of.

British Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 by M Gents    (Netherlands)

Flew AMS-LHR-JFK return 26th Dec - 31st Dec. AMS-LHR-AMS on A321, the first thing you notice is the cabin interior. Although clearly an older bird, the new interior has a very comfortable and warm feel to it - yet also modern. Nice and comfy leather seats, leg room just sufficient for flight under say 2 hours. Service is as expected, a quick drink and some nuts (though a sandwich would be nice on a mid-morning flight). They are clearly matching their product with the competition on this route, as free newspapers where available upon boarding, contrary to the intercontinental stretch. LHR-JFK-LHR on B744, totally different experience. Transferring through T5 at LHR easy enough, although I got the feeling they like to control the passenger flow to the max - but hey this is the UK after all. Also BA advertise T5 as like it's one building - not the case. All this was acceptable until we found out we were being directed to a bus gate. They actually board a fully booked B744 through busses with one stairway and door available for the entire plane. Given all the 788's completely cold and dark occupying the airbridges, I felt this was totally unnecessary. Turned out to be a very dated 744 with mostly Club World and First seats, as the economy plus and economy consisted of only 2 cabin sections together, rest of the plane premium product. How to lose your premium clientele at warp speed. Prime example! Service on board was nice enough, food pretty ok and plenty of drinks to choose from. Seats dated and sometimes broken - my adjustable headrest would adjust, only to slide back down slowly, same problem on both sectors. IFE, well just bring your own tablet. So dated it's just not worth switching on. The cabin crew made the difference though, on all sectors they were welcoming, friendly yet professional and very helpful. Arriving early morning from JFK, of course, we parked at a hard stand. Waited our turn for 20+ minutes in a non ventilated cabin to get in the bus, with only one exit in use. BA, this is not acceptable. Disembarking a commuter plane up to 100 pax with buses, well ok. But a fully loaded 744? Come on.

British Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 by C Harper    (UK)

Out from LHR to JNB, on 14th Jan, flight BA55, check in poor, as we were e-tickets had nothing but passports and destination, never had a problem before, but was more like a quiz at a pub. Also advised that we would have to pick up our luggage at JNB and check in again at JNB for MUB so we wasted time looking for luggage which was being transferred. We have never liked the premium economy seats on BA but connections in JNB made it necessary to travel BA. Seats have plenty of knee room and general space is good but are far to hard, after a couple of hours my backside begins to suffer. Crew were good. As far as airline food goes it was reasonable. Return on BA56 on 29th Jan same problems on seats, also toilet nearest to our seats was out of order and without treading on people you have to walk to the end of the aircraft for an alternative, also when sitting in premium economy it is not possible to see toilet lights as all are behind you. When possible will always try to use Virgin Atlantic.

British Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 by H Wilson    (UK)

Flew from LHR to CAI, new years day, business class - was absolutely superb. Cabin staff were attentive and helpful, flight was on time, cabin spotless, food excellent, seats comfortable. My return flight economy again good, helpful attendants, food was fine, seats appropriate and clean. Even though the flight was at a time very high winds were present in UK the landing was skilfully executed, and for me as a nervous flyer, really I could not have asked for two better flights. I obtained online excellent prices for both flight prices relatively last minute too! No hesitation in flying BA at anytime.

British Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 by I Kroum    (Germany)

LHR-LAX-LHR, Economy. Both legs on lower deck of the A380, professional yet friendly service, plenty of drink runs between meal services. Seat comfort superior to LH and AF380s. Travelled with an elderly passenger, attentive gate staff allowed us to pre-board on both flights. Both flights arrived ahead of schedule. So far best transatlantic experience on an A380.

British Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 by G Guy    (Australia)

Sydney to Singapore return, late Jan/early Feb 2015. The economy seats were relatively comfortable, but could be a bit softer. The away leg (BA16) was quite good, except for the meal which was barely edible. The flight back had a much improved meal, but the entertainment system had repeated issues, and had to be restarted about 4 times. Another problem with the return leg (BA15) is that, if you get on the plane in Singapore and not in London, by the time online check-in is open for you, there are almost no seats to choose from. I wanted a window seat and had not a single window to choose from at the moment the online check-in opened for me. Service on both flights was good. I was feeling a bit dehydrated and asked for plenty of water on the return flight and had no problems at all. All the staff was nice and accommodating.

British Airways Customer review :  6 February 2015 by R Simpson    (Australia)

My wife and I flew business class, LHR-HKG, 23/1/15 on a 777-200 seats 11 E&F. Check-in was ok once it got started, this took several minutes as the woman at the counter was chatting with 2 friends. The lounge was good overall if a bit crowded and over heated. There was snack type offerings until 6.30pm when hot food was supplied, This was very well cooked and presented, the Thai green curry was excellent, so compliments to the chef. Boarding was on time and efficient unlike our previous BA experience at HKG. We found the middle seats on this plane a bit cramped but comfortable for sleeping. The inflight food was very good, I had a chicken and rice dish, my wife had braised beef which she says was excellent, I do think dessert and cheese should be offered. Unlike our last BA flight 5 weeks ago the crew on this flight were excellent, friendly and attentive. The IFE selection is fair but the screen is square and is small compared to that on the A380 (and very small compared to CX). Thanks to the FA's we had a very enjoyable trip. We would fly BA again but only if the price was very competitive, the staffing inconsistencies worry me some what, this is really a management issue and should be addressed, if it were the BA brand would be more competitive.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by P Carter    (UK)

LGW-ACF-LGW (Club Europe) On both flights we had very good cabin staff, infact the purser was the same on both flights and he was very efficient and very friendly, as were both stewardesses. The food was very good too, lovely and hot, large portions of chicken/beef tasty, liked the choices given so we were very happy. The new seat configuration on the Airbus we did not like, we were in row 8 then 6 and they were fine but I'd not like to be in the first row, right by the door and noticeably colder (stood right by the row queuing for the loo) and there is no bulkhead any more so it's a very small open space between the first row of seats, the loo and the galley! I'm only 5 ft 2 tall and very slim build and I found the loo cramped, looking around I couldn't see how 1/3 of the passengers would fit in it and I don't mean they were all way overweight, it is very small and slanting roof. A tall and big built person would not be happy! I gave inflight entertainment 1 as obviously they don't exist on short haul flights. The seats were far too upright and therefore uncomfortable, you could only recline them a bit or otherwise the poor person behind you wouldn't have had any space and I kept sliding forward on mine. The leg rest has gone too, so I had nothing to stop me moving forward and the space between rows felt a lot reduced.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Daniel MacDonald    (UK)

Miami to Heathrow on 23rd January 2015. Very old 747 with old style interior in economy. A real disappointment after a series of long haul flights in the new cabin. This really needs replaced. Anyone who has not flown with BA before would leave with a terrible impression. Seats worn, cramped and many falling apart, with outdated IFE. Food and drinks service usual good standard though. Please BA, get rid of this old interior once and for all. It really lets your airline down and does nothing for the passenger experience.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by P Ellis    (UK)

We travelled BA in Business class, LHR to Vegas before Xmas, and returned to LHR from San Diego in January. Business Class travel is a rare treat for us, and I can't understand why BA persevere with this unique forwards/backwards facing seating layout. To sit for 11 hours face to face with a stranger is awful, as is the lack of space created by the curved partition between the seats. The cabin crew were great, food was below average, and the inflight entertainment system abysmal: poor choice and terrible picture quality. Outbound we were upstairs on a 747, there were two attendants assisting only 16 passengers, and they did a good job and kept the two toilets clean. Given these circumstances, this flight experience should have been fantastic. However, given the negatives detailed above, I would classify it as just about average. We returned on a 777, and my negative feelings are sadly the same, other than we were stuck on the plane for 40 mins on landing awaiting buses to disembark.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by J Gerwin    (USA)

Flew Business Class DEN-LHR-AUH-MCT-LHR-DEN. Flight crew excellent as always. Food was pretty decent for airplane food. Seat was comfortable and certainly better than sitting in the back of the plane. However, we think this configuration is a failed experiment by BA. Eight seats across is too many for Business Class. The seats were too narrow. The backward facing seats are disconcerting for two reasons: If you are traveling with a spouse or friend, and neither likes to face backwards, you can't sit together. Secondly, when the divider is down, you stare at a stranger 15 inches away. Hope BA reverts to the old style one day.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by A Pascale    (USA)

Flew back from Milan LIN on Jan 4th. Because of "mist" (the pilot's actual characterization) most flights that morning had been delayed/canceled in/out of LHR. No delay info given at check-in nor at gate. Upon boarding the captain informed us that because of "mist" we were being held on the ground for 2 hours. My connecting flight to SFO was 2.5 hrs after landing in LHR. Flight attendant assured me most flights were being delayed, therefore mine to SFO most likely too. Upon landing in LHR a sea of canceled/delayed lost souls. I was immediately told I was forced to miss my connection because my flight to SFO was on time. I was forced to join the longest line I've ever seen for rebooking. It never moved. We were told another set of rebooking desks were available upstairs "and faster". Crossing the border control took just as long. Upstairs it took me 5 hours just to get closer to the desks, but still at least a couple hours away. I finally managed to join the free wifi and call BA's office to get rebooked online. I was rebooked on a flight from SFO to LHR. The wrong way around. When I pointed out the obvious the agent told me there was a "computer glitch" and promised to call me back. She finally called me back and got rebooked on AA flights to JFK and to SFO from there. The next morning at the AA check in they could not check me in on the JFK-SFO because of "issues with the BA ticket". It took 90 minutes and multiple interactions with 3 different desks to get it solved. I nearly missed the flight to JFK too. My suitcase was never loaded on that flight and I didn't get it at JFK. It took me 5 days to get my suitcase back. I will never fly British Airways again.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by J Clark    (UK)

Flew LHR-MIA in WT+. Seats 13E and 13F on 747. It was very comfortable for a day flight and after a light meal I managed to get around 5 hours of sleep. Recline is good and leg room ok for a person of my height, 5ft 10in. Food was ok and would have liked to eat my partners sticky toffee pudding because mine went down too well! We were off the plane first at MIA before First and club which was rather nifty. Good experience.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Charles Green    (UK)

Return flight from LHR T5 to Washington Dulles (IAD) in Club World. Check in was fine, even if the layout of the T5 check-in area isn't the most intuitive. Security was efficient. However, the BA lounge was overcrowded and noisy, with minimal service and only basic comforts. Outbound flight on the A380. Boarding was rather chaotic, due to the gate area being too small for such a large passenger compliment, but the flight did push back on-time. The Club World cabin on the upper deck could best be described as grey and functional. It was reasonably clean if not spotless, but despite being a relatively new aircraft it did feel slightly shabby already. The Club World seat, which was forward facing and on the aisle, was comfortable enough. The entertainment screen was rather small and the choice of movies wasn't terribly extensive but everything apart from the in-seat USB power socket was working. The general layout of the cabin was terrible. Not only do window seat and middle row passengers have to step over the legs of aisle seat passengers to get to and from their seats, but when the privacy screen between seats is lowered for take-off, landing and during meal services you find yourself staring rather disconcertingly close up into your neighbours face. It makes everything feel cramped and cheap. Meals were fine and the crew were polite and efficient. Overall I'd rate the outbound experience as 'Okay' for a business class flight. Return flight experience was far from okay. My flight, departing IAD at 10.20 pm was cancelled 6 hours prior to departure due to mechanical issues. Told that there were no Club World seats on the earlier flight out of IAD that night, which I could just about make at a push, and I would have to fly back in Economy. When I asked about the BA flight from Baltimore (BWI) an hour later I was told that yes, there were Club World seats available that evening, so I asked to be rebooked onto that flight instead. Arriving at BWI check-in I was informed that unfortunately there actually weren't any Club World seats available and I would have to fly back in World Traveller Plus. The flight from BWI to LHR T5 was on a rather old 767. The cabin interior was dated, shabby and cramped, with minimal overhead luggage storage. World Traveller Plus seats were cramped and uncomfortable with tiny entertainment screens. In-flight food was bland. The crew were efficient but not terribly friendly. Flight left and arrived on time. As a UK passport holder Immigration at T5 was quick. Baggage reclaim took longer, but bags arrived within five minutes of reaching the baggage hall.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by J Bacallado    (Spain)

MAD-LHR-JED, club world 777-200. The overall product still good but need some update on aircraft and seat desing. Sometimes the window seat can fell a bit narrow, with no extra space for your personals. On the other hand, good service, fast connection at LHR, great lounge, FA nice and attentive. IFE good choice of movies, nice food (not great). Will fly them again.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Tracy Elliott    (Australia)

Flew SYD-SIN-SYD and all in all can't complain. Service was excellent, food excellent, large wine choice. Seats weren't much different to other Business class seats we have experienced although I would suggest that couples don't choose window seats as they need to actually stand up and walk around to speak to their partner. Seats in centre are adjoining with a sliding screen between. Qantas first class lounge in Sydney was fantastic with full restaurant service. Singapore lounge very comfortable with plenty of seats. Would definitely fly BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by J Clark    (UK)

Flew MIA-LHR in First. Seats 5a and 5k. This was my first time in BA first and I was really impressed. From the moment my boyfriend and I walked up to check in, to the moment we left the plane we were very well looked after. The food was nice and particularly enjoyed the "buddy dining". My gooseberry crumble went down well. I got around 2 hours sleep as the jet stream and storm that was hitting the North Eastern U.S made our flight very bumpy but also super fast. Flying time being little over 7 hours 20 mins. I must mention the cabin crew, who were very helpful and professional. We bought the seats in the sale and it was money well spent.

British Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by James Little    (UK)

Los Angeles (LAX) to London (LHR) in Club World. January 2015. Have not flown out of the Tom Bradley International Terminal at LAX for years, but it's now much improved. Check in and bag drop a breeze, as was security, and in the oneworld lounge in minutes. Good choice of food and drinks, and plenty of space. Short-ish walk to the gate, good welcome on board, and drinks served quickly. Couldn't fault any aspect of the experience, and we took off and landed on time, and managed a good five hours sleep out of the ten hours duration. Love the Arrivals Lounge at LHR. A civilising shower and 2nd breakfast sets you up for the day.

British Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by Niall Farnan    (UK)

Took a return trip to Dublin over Christmas and found BA to be extremely disappointing. My principal complaint is the dirt - the seats and floor area looked as if they had not been cleaned for many flights. Also at 5'8" I am not that tall but still found the seats cramped and uncomfortable.

British Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by John Wallace    (UK)

Travelled Business, A380, LHR-HK and returned on 777, BKK-LHR. Found T5 lounge great as usual, seats were fine, slept ok in the cabin. Food onboard was tasty and cabin crew professional but friendly. Wash bag was poor for Business, but hey it's not a deal braker. IFE was ok, touchscreen on both flights.

British Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by S Davison    (UK)

NCL-LHR-NCL. First flight to LHR was great with an informative Captain and friendly efficient staff on a refurbished A320. Cabin is really smart. Arrived into LHR early which is a pleasant change despite the enforced 'stacking' that happens to flights landing at Heathrow. Return flight was great too due to the Captain and crew, great service on a full flight however the A319 cabin was the old type and boy did it show! Overall a good experience with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by Derek Bavaird    (UK)

My wife and I flew to Barbados late November, I had pre booked seats online to and fro but on both occasions the seats were already occupied when we boarded, the flight attendants attitude towards this matter on the return journey was at best rude, unhelpful and indifferent. Asking for a drink was a complete siege after 2 hours into the flight they claim that they had run out of galley drink supplies. On our return trying to obtain a refund for the pre booked seats proved difficult. Overall B.A. has got to rank as one of the worst airlines to travel with, staff with generally poor and indifferent attitudes, penny pinching which is bordering on mean and poor legroom. Sad to say this B.A but Emirates and other airlines put our national airline to absolute shame.

British Airways Customer review :  23 January 2015 by G Tonge    (UK)

Flew BKK-LHR, was fearing the worst having read the reviews on here regarding the aisle seats where people have to step over you to get out. Relieved to say this didn't cause me any problems and I wasn't disturbed. Found the seat to be comfortable in both the upright and flat bed positions. Service from the cabin crew was adequately good. Food average. Entertainment system average.

British Airways Customer review :  23 January 2015 by A Ferguson    (Singapore)

LHR-SIN on A380. First Class Seat 1K. Crew unprofessional, most of the time forgot seat 1K existed with no welcome drink until 15 mins had passed, no water top up until I asked (3 times), forgot wine match with first course and everything handed out with "ok?" as a comment. New tasting menu was very good. Had a flight in business with CX a few days later and the food quality, crew and overall service was another league - far outshone BA. The BA First product is a waste of money and crew need a re-train.

British Airways Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Jack Whiteley    (UK)

London Gatwick to Mauritius, 27th December return 7th January. 777 Aircraft economy class. I never travel economy class so it was a bit of an eye opener particularly on a 12 hour flight. The seats are far too close together and quite uncomfortable. In the middle seat the drop down tray was broken. When the passenger in front put his seat back I couldn't use the tray and when I asked the stewardess to ask him to put it forward a bit she just shrugged and said nothing. Poor unfriendly service and absolute rubbish food. BA are miles behind the Far and Middle East airlines and still charging more. I have no idea why people use them.

British Airways Customer review :  23 January 2015 by P Brennan    (UK)

Bangkok to London Heathrow. 8 Sep 2014. On this flight British Airways stinted on everything. I don't mind a frugal airline as long as the fare is cheap. British Airways is not cheap. As soon as we were in the air the temperature plummeted. Everyone had their airline blankets over them. There were not enough stewards/stewardesses. Forty minutes before the welcome on board drink - and no small snack, not even a small packet of nuts. Seatback TV did not work in the section I was on, and the man next to me had to move to another seat. The seatbacks should be checked before the flight. However eventually they did work. A small number of films, TV shows I have never heard of, and no games option. First meal very frugal, second meal, no salad, and no bread roll. And creamers! Even for tea! Whatever the quality of the meal, serving creamers cancels out any pretence of quality. Snacks, we had to wait, and when they were available, there was a limited amount. British Airways even ran out of beer! BA hasa system of paying to book a certain seat, they don't miss a trick! I resent having to pay to book a certain seat. The flight was expensive, but it had a good time slot and no stopover. Never again.

British Airways Customer review :  23 January 2015 by D Rogers    (Ireland)

BA191, 19th Jan, London Heathrow to Austin. Legroom in economy is too small. I'm 6'2" and just don't fit. On a long haul flight recently I sat with my knees sticking out into the aisle and adjacent seat space for 10 hours.

British Airways Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Tony Vanovitch    (UK)

I returned from JFK last Friday morning, reasonable flight although delayed for an hour and a half. Main meal was okay but the breakfast was appalling a stale croissant with some jam. I paid good money for this flight. Really disappointed, quality is slipping away.

British Airways Customer review :  21 January 2015 by A Clarke    (Ireland)

DUB-LCY (BA 4467), got the flight on sale for a pretty good price. Great legroom on the E190 and comfortable seats, quick and hassle free boarding. Service was a bit slow but included a drink and a snack (enough for such a short flight of an hour) with the option for more if so desired. Would recommend. LCY is going to be my airport of choice when going to London in future, was sitting on the DLR 15 mins after landing and at my hotel 40 mins after disembarking and the trip on public transport was only £4.80 rather the excessive cost/time from other airports in the area.

British Airways Customer review :  21 January 2015 by David Ellis    (UK)

CPT-JNB-LHR. Excellent SLOW lounge at CPT with outstanding food and 'loos with a view'. Reasonable flight to JNB although 737 pretty tatty. BA Galleries lounge at JNB not a patch on SLOW lounge. 2/2 layout on 747 upper deck felt superior to 2/3/2 on A380 outward flight, particularly as less than 50% full. FAs pleasant and food service managed well. Food better than usual. IFE not as good as Emirates and screen inferior to Club World on A380. Flat- bed seats okay although narrow and hard.

British Airways Customer review :  21 January 2015 by C Legard    (UK)

Delhi to London in seat 2A, 747 aircraft. Very little difference between First and Business in comfort terms and the food was disgusting. Poor choice of entertainment. Only good thing I can remember was a nice white Burgundy but it was probably served in economy too. Will stick to business class in future for the airport fast tracking and lounges.

British Airways Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Tarazi Marwan    (UK)

Flying from LGW to MCO on a 772. Compared to last year the cabin was clean. Wide variety of food and beverages. Quality was good. BA is far behind a lot of airlines in business class. The seat is small if you are over 6 feet tall. Staff ok. They don't go out of their way. It seems that they are just doing their job. You don't see them between meals. They need to step up their game. I don't think BA is a 4 star airline. I would only recommend because of direct flight.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by P Herman    (UK)

Recently completed a round-trip LGW-Barcelona. Flying out I was in economy, a bit tight but service was very friendly. Only complaint would be that drinks took a long time to be served, in fact by the time they reached the back it was well past an hour into the flight and long after the sandwiches had been handed out. A second drinks or coffee/tea service would have been appreciated. Flew Club Europe on inbound (Jan 7, 13.40 flight) and although I'm not a seasoned business-class traveller, I thought it was impeccable for the modest premium paid. 737 had the old layout, so no complaints about seat comfort, not sure if I'd say the same with the newer seating arrangement from what I've read on this forum. Crew member serving the club cabin could not have been better - everything was served with the most gracious of smiles and the mood in the cabin was relaxed but convivial. Food and drinks very good and appropriate for time of day and length of flight. Miro Lounge in Barcelona top-notch. Will definitely try to book Club in the future.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by P Dean    (Australia)

London-Gatwick to Venice on 30 December 2014, everything went smoothly at check in, no problems, flight arrived safely. Info given during flight. No gluten free option given for snack during flight but got vegetarian option. Opted for a drink and own snack which I always have as stand by. Cabin crew seemed rushed but polite.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by K Hindle    (UK)

Just back from a fantastic 2.5 week trip to Thailand flying to and from Bangkok with BA on 777 aircraft. I definitely would choose another airline next time. We flew out on 31st December 2014 and the crew were surly and inattentive. Asking for a drink seemed as if it was really putting them out. One of the crew swore when communicating with her colleague during the drinks service within ear shot of us. Outbound they run out of the the meal choice for both very small meals by the time they reached us so we had to had the veggie option. For most of the flight the crew were camped in the galley at the back seemingly having a party with colleagues whether working or not so you felt it was a imposition to ask for water or snacks. My inflight entertainment system had streaks all across which couldn't be rubbed off making the movies very hard to see. Return flight crew on 16th Jan were much less surly but again conspicuous by their absence meaning you had to try and wade through the party at the back to try and get water or snacks during the flight. Two passengers were flicking raisins about the cabin onto other passengers which might have been spotted had the cabin crew had more of a presence. The inflight entertainment system had major issues which meant it didn't work on demand making it hard to plan viewing of movies. Again, 2 very small meals at the either end of a 13 hr flight with very limited options for snacks in between. One staff member said they had very little left then allowed a passenger to grab about 5 packets for herself. Tray table was broken in seat 27b also. The crew said as it was an early flight they knew we all wanted to sleep but the flight left just before midday so not what I call a night flight. I used to love flying BA as have always been impressed with their service in the past but now the planes and the crew seem tired and I am sorry to say neither my partner or I enjoyed the experience. Will look to EVA, Thai or one of the Middle Eastern airlines next time.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by W Brash    (UK)

My wife and I travelled from Manchester to Las Vegas via Heathrow. The flight from Manchester was delayed and then, on arrival at LHR, the boarding passes, which were fine at MAN, were no good at LHR. We had to queue for over 2 hours to get more printed. Others with the same problem missed their main flights! The staff at LHR are rude, jobsworth who take great pleasure in causing the maximum discomfort. The 747 seats on the LHR to LV flights were terrible, like small deck chairs. Any leg/knee movement from the person behind was felt, even with the pillow between me and the seat back. Compared with US Air the seats are much smaller and far more basic. Seating totally unsuitable for long haul flights. The entire cabin is extremely cramped, the aisles are so narrow, that anyone who is not slim, tends to bang into your seat, every time they pass. BA brought a whole new meaning to "cattle class" The cabin staff were efficient and professional, the food was fine. I am not a large person, certainly not overweight but I was badly cramped. I would never choose BA for a long haul flight again. We travel from Manchester to Las Vegas 2 or 3 times a year. BA is by far the worst carrier we have flown with, especially when you add in the extra costs for seat selection etc. Very Poor!

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by B Watts    (UK)

I have not travelled with BA for almost 7 years as a result of moving to Asia and using carriers like AF/SQ/Emirates. I flew Premium from LHR to MIA on a 747 and horrified to see that the Premium product has not changed in the last 10 years. BA have quite an ageing fleet now when compared to most European and Asian carriers and it really shows. The entertainment screen was absolutely tiny and the charging point is still that ridiculous adapter for which you have to pay an arm and a leg, so pleased I found mine from 7 years back! BA must go and have a look at the AF premium product for a wake up call. The food was okay, nothing to rave about and perfectly satisfactory, service onboard seems friendly and efficient however the state of the uniforms of some of the staff was shocking, not sure if its a case of poor quality material or lack of attention to appearances. I do remember the strap line "BA, the worlds favourite airline" but sadly they have slipped quite a long way back.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by R Franklin    (UK)

Cairo-LHR-SFO-LHR: Overall BA are suffering from a fleet which desperately needs replacing. The 747 to SFO must have been 20 odd years old and looked it. Ancient IFE with tiny screen, virtually inaudible sound and minuscule choice. Seats were ok, actually moderately comfortable for economy, staff better than they used to be. The flight from Cairo on a much newer Airbus A320 in a long haul configuration was much better. Big IFE screen, lots of movie choice, comfortable seat, charming cabin crew, shows what could be with a newer fleet. As a Brit, this itinerary was a rare chance to see what transferring through LHR is like, well, I just made my connection but why oh why have they designed such a massive T5 only to put a bottle neck of 5 or ten transfer desks for the tens of thousands changing planes every few hours? That transfer hall should be massive and full of staff, rather than anxious travellers fretting about missing their connection. If I were BA I would sort that or else keep losing transfers to Schiphol or CDG. Overall, I get the impression BA is living off the captive market London provides- hundreds of thousands of very rich people wanting long haul direct flying for which there is no competition. If there is ever global de-regulation BA's long haul business will go the way of short haul with Emirates playing easyJet's role this time.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by S Morley    (USA)

Washington (IAD) to Heathrow on Christmas Day, returning January 5th. I find myself nodding in agreement to many of the reviews written here by other passengers regarding the slippage in standards of BA, especially considering what they once were. Having arrived at Dulles in good time to check in, there were paper notices on the desk to say that check in would not open 'til 5.00 pm. Okay, it was Christmas Day, but all other carriers, both domestic and international, were open (the airport was busy), and I, along with other passengers, had to sit and wait for 1.5 hrs until staff arrived. The same was true of the lounge which, having made it through security, was not open 'til 6.30 pm. Again, the other airline lounges were open. Having eventually gained access, the lounge was great, and the bar and dinner service (I was on a sleeper flight) were very good with plentiful drinks and fine food. We boarded on time and my seat was upstairs on the A380. This aircraft is, of course, huge, but the Club World seat is, as many have noted, much less comfortable than the Boeing 777 or 747. It is narrower and, whilst okay for seating, very hard and difficult to find the right position for sleeping. BA seem to have missed a great opportunity here to do something really special along the lines of some of the Asian carriers. The crew were very good - friendly and attentive. Breakfast before we landed was very average. The bacon rolls were dried out and are always a challenge to eat. Yoghurt and fruit were the alternatives, which I went for. Check in for the return journey was lamentable at Heathrow Terminal 5. Dedicated Club World positions had queues around ten people deep, and moved terribly slowly. Not all the positions were open, and passengers were visibly irritated. The journey, other than the cramped seat issue again, was fine, with another good crew and food and drinks. I have always recommended BA to friends and would like to keep doing so, but feel that, especially given the high and rising cost of paying for Club these days, BA need to adopt a slightly less 'take' attitude and give a little more, especially when it comes to spending Avios, which they are very keen for one to accrue but reticent to allow one to use.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Derek Greenaway    (UK)

LGW-MLA. For some crazy reason I still fly British Airways and pay for Club Europe. Following this trip I have come to my senses. Apart from a Berlin trip already paid for in May, they can say goodbye to my business travel. This was an Airbus 320, previously owned by BMI. It was not difficult to work that out as it was still showing the BMI banner inside. The plane was never used for business. All the seats were a miserable 30 inch pitch. There was not even a curtain dividing club and economy. Just how BA think they are going to get away with this type of robbery for much longer I don't know. Unless there is an alternative carrier offering proper club facilities, then its low cost airlines for me around Europe.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by M Vermeire    (Belgium)

Miami to Brussels with a change at Heathrow terminal 5. Lounge in Miami was ok, ample choice of spirits but very basic champagne. Food: lots of cold cuts, cheeses and some pastries. Plane: rather dated 747 and not very clean. FA's very courteous and extremely friendly - great choice of very good champagnes, wines and spirits. Where BA fails: the poor quality of the food - extremely basic without any luxury items - not acceptable at all for a First product - IFE just ok. Seat kk - FA gave assistance for the sleeping position. Connecting flight to Brussels: I was informed by the - once again very friendly and courteous FA - that BA did cancel the fruit platter as a special meal. Is fruit also too expensive? Will move to other companies for long distance flights.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Worcester David    (UK)

LHR-HKG-LHR in First. A brief trip to celebrate New Year in Honkers. Pleasant First class check in, average Fast Track and warm welcome in the Concorde Room. Escorted to a table for 3. Excellent meal and service. My salmon tartare was nice enough and the Lamb was very tender, rounded off by a sticky toffee and date pudding which was good, but next time, more clotted cream please. I enjoyed a couple of glasses of champagne and a nice pinot noir. Boarded at C64, escorted to my seat after a very warm personal welcome. Champagne, slippers, pj's and an amenity kit proffered. Crew seem excellent. They will also bring us home on New Year's day. After take off, drinks (bloody mary for me) and an amuse-bouche. My friends indulged in a full meal but I just had the Cauliflower Soup which was very tasty. My friend's Profiteroles looked yummy. The crew were very attentive to us all. After being taken on a tour of the 777 by Kim, I slept for 4 hours or so before indulging in a full English. Got changed before landing. An excellent flight with an excellent crew. Coming home. After a pleasant supper in the Qantas lounge, we were escorted to the front of the queue and welcomed on board by our, now familiar crew,. Champagne settled us down and after take off, my dinner was predicated with an amuse-bouche of beef carpaccio, prawn and balik salmon with olive oil caviar, followed by lamb washed down with a rather nice Medoc, with a cheese plate conclusion. After a good night's sleep, I woke to a cup of English Breakfast tea and orange juice whilst my friends had the full works. Quick disembarkation. BA at its best.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Ian Robinson    (UK)

We flew from Gatwick to Jamaica in November. Check in was easy and very quick and we were soon in the lounge. The lounge as usual was comfortable but with a very poor selection of food. As we were there around 09.15 I had hoped to have a hot breakfast but in the end the only hot dish available was porridge, which I didn't fancy so we settled for tea and cakes. The departure gate was not the biggest and as a result, it all got a bit messy with the staff trying coral the CW passengers in to a separate area to board first. On board most things were OK and the staff are very efficient and helped to make the experience a good one. The return from Kingston was pretty much the same although the check in was slower. However, this was compensated by an excellent lounge (Club Kingston) that served nice hot and cold snacks and then escorted you to the departure area. As usual the crew turned the lights down as soon as dinner was cleared away, but I did manage to read for a while and then sleep for 3 to 4 hours. Overall quite good and based on this experience, I would recommend this product.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by M Gibson    (UK)

San Diego-LHR-MAN. On 6th January we flew from San Diego to Manchester UK via Heathrow. After flying out on Christmas Day via LAX on the A380 this flight was a welcome return to form for BA's Club World offering. The San Diego Admiral's Club lounge is currently undergoing refurbishment but is still a nice space and unlike the UK lounges upon arrival we were offered a menu, not just a 'self serve' buffet. When it came time to board this was a much smoother experience than our previous flight on the A380, the staff at San Diego had the boarding area well organised and once club passengers were called we were on the aircraft, glass of bubbly in hand in minutes. The cabin crew were much friendlier and professional than those on the outward flight, as this is smaller cabin with fewer passengers you definitely felt that you were the 'premium' customer your ticket price would suggest and nothing was too much trouble. Drinks were constantly topped up, food was excellent and the cabin crew were chatty and friendly. The entertainment system might not have been quite as impressive as on the A380 but considering we slept for a large portion of this 10 hour flight that was unimportant. After a very average outward flight on the A380 into LA this superb flight home on the smaller aircraft restored my faith in BA's club offering and means that for future trips to the West Coast we will be flying direct into San Diego rather than LAX.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by A Cameron    (Australia)

BA 870, 22nd Dec 2014. Flew from London to Budapest. Very satisfied with service, staff friendly and professional. Even though this was a fairly short trip food and beverages were very satisfactory. Will definitely recommend this airline.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by E McIver    (UK)

LHR - Helsinki in Business Class. I happened to fly on this flight as I booked a flight to Shanghai with Finnair in business and BA are a Oneworld partner. Although the cabin crew were very attentive, I feel that Club Europe is not worth the extra money considering the length of flight and extra services provided. The aircraft was a brand new A320 with leather seats, but there was no extra legroom in the Club Europe section. The seats were the same as in the economy section, the only difference being that the middle seat is not in use. There is a movable partition separating the two cabins, presumably to offer maximum flexibility for the airline. Hot towels were provided before takeoff but no welcome drinks. The generous bar service started shortly after take off followed by a rather disappointing meal. Considering that it was a 2.5h lunchtime flight all that was on offer was a cold meat platter with a salad and a bread roll. I have had better service in Economy on BA short hall flights in the late 90s. Furthermore, I recently flew on a China Eastern Airlines domestic flight of similar length on business class on a new A320 and the seats were in a 4-abreast configuration with much more legroom and I was served with a hot meal! There was no personal entertainment - the overhead screens showed the moving map for the duration of the flight. I do like BA but if you are flying short hall and are considering Club Europe, I suggest saving your money and flying in the economy cabin. These low ratings reflect my expectations of business class and not the airline overall.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by S Blood    (Spain)

Regularly travel from BCN to LHR. In addition to booting us out of T5, making international connection more difficult, it is now using the newly refurb'd A320s on this route. The ones where BA sneaks another row of seats in between 1 and 10. Already faced with overpriced flights its now insisting on make journeys less comfortable. Less costs more.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Patricia Walton    (UK)

Flew Miami to Heathrow it was a nightmare, the attendant watched me struggle with 2 small cabin cases and did not offer to help, and another passenger had to put them in the hold for me while the attendant stood there and watched. It was very clear that he could not be bothered. When the meals were being served he said to myself and my husband (do you want anything as if he was doing us a favour), we asked for nothing the whole of the trip. When arriving in Heathrow yet again he stood and watched me struggling to get the cases down as my husband only has one arm and could not help me. I have travelled many times with BA and always found the staff very attentive but sadly not on this occasion.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Pidlaoan Christian    (Canada)

BA on LCY to DUB in December, flight almost full but cabin crew attentive and all smiling and offered a choice of popcorn or chips. Good value considering other airlines on this route does not serve complimentary snack at all.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by S Adlam    (USA)

BA284, Dec 29 2014. SFO-LHR, First. Great flight with seat 1K at the nose of the jumbo. Cabin was half full so service was professional, friendly and efficient. Felt very much taken care of throughout the 10 hour flight.  Cabin looked good and seat was comfortable especially in bed mode.  The SFO lounge needs some work as not really first class more business  The entertainment could be a little better in selection and screen quality. Overall, a really good product with exceptional service which BA is known for in First.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Simon Prestcote    (UK)

Return trip (LHR to JFK) in Business class. Excellent trip. We were celebrating my wife's birthday on the way out and the staff were outstanding. Professional, attentive but also able to have a laugh with customers. The food was excellent and the wine selection very good as well. Lounge at Heathrow was also very good (T5 is a pleasure to use). Return (overnight) flight also very good - efficient staff and seats comfortable enough to get some sleep.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Andrew Hickling    (UK)

LGW-CUN, Club World, seat 4A. To be honest I wasn't looking forward to this flight as it was one of BA's so called "Leisure Flights". However I was pleasantly surprised at the high level of service, quality of food and wine and friendliness of the crew. Seat 4A is recommended as you don't have to step over anyone to access the aisle. I was first on the plane and first off it, just a pity my bags were not the first to arrive.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by S Adlam    (USA)

BA179, Jan 6 2015, LHR-JFK. First. T5 is great for the first class experience with check in, security and straight into the Concorde room.  The lounge and spa facilities are a great refuge while flying especially the dining room. The 777 has more room in the cabin than the 747 flight to London which I appreciated especially when it came to my bed. Seat 2A is private and roomy. It was a full flight so service was efficient and friendly if not a little rushed.  Overall the service was at the great BA standard. What was lacking was the meal was lacking the freshness and taste which was disappointing. There was major (1hr) delay in planing at JFK which was not BA's fault but really made this flight much longer than it should had been. I would fly BA First again for the service, stylish cabin and overall comfort.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Daniel W MacDonald    (UK)

Heathrow to Newark on 787 aircraft. Plane clean and tidy, excellent in flight entertainment, good food and drink, served by friendly staff. Overall excellent value for money. The Galleries Lounge at terminal 5B is an excellent space, quiet for the time of day with plentiful food and drink.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |