British Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

British Airways
3.5 Star Rating: Good

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Suhail Shafi    (USA)

I recently flew on British Airways long haul on a flight from Philadelphia to New Delhi havinh not having travelled with British Airway for around a decade. I had been a huge fan of British Airways in the past and was very curious to see how their inflight product and entertainment had changed in that time. I also was curious to see Heathrow's new Terminal 5. British Airway's overall product has improved in that time. On the first leg from Philadelphia to London, I was very happy to notice the new seats with excellent comfort with adjustable headrests and new Audio Video on Demand (AVOD) entertainment systems. I had been travelling with noise cancelling headphones, which made the experience a thoroughly enjoyable one. Inflight entertainment system is sophisticated, and I enjoyed their World music section in particular. The Asian vegetarian meals was of a high standard, for the most part. My only criticism in this area was that on the second meal (breakfast) we only were served a fruit platter and had to ask for the croissants everyone else were given. In addition, I found the chapatis on the Delhi-London sector to be hard as rocks. Otherwise the meals were very good. Terminal 5 is a gem of an airport, but the true highlight of the journey was on the London-Philadelphia sector when I had the opportunity to fly on the Dreamliner. The plane is a marvel. The windows are huge, dimmable by button too. The bathrooms are larger than usual and the flight was very smooth. Additionally the legroom on the Dreamliner is impressive - an improvement on the B777. And finally, a word about the cabin attendants. Their level of friendliness varies from person to person but for the most part they represent the best traditions of British hospitality - informal politeness. All in all, I was happy with my BA trip and they continue to perform as one of my favourite airlines.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by C Hyomes    (UK)

We have just flown economy class London to Los Angeles on the A380. Outbound the meal was chicken which I do not eat so I was offered an almost inedible pasta dish. No more food was offered until 2 hours before landing, chicken sandwiches, I asked for a replacement, cheese and chutney was offered. I was actually hungry by this time. Return journey was chicken curry replaced by vegetarian lasagne. Breakfast was awful, a cardboard box containing a croissant, jam, cereal bar and a packet of dried cranberries. The service between meals was non existent. By far the worst airline food I have ever eaten. Sorry no British Airways for us.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Shoesmith Michael    (UK)

October 16th, Ibiza to London Heathrow. Well a great service as usual and we actually arrived on time for once, 5 minutes ahead of schedule, that is a miracle for London Heathrow! The only thing about British Airways is that they only do one drinks service, I am sure two is far more appreciative as I know other scheduled airline services do more than one on a 2hr flight. Tea/Coffee only gets offered a poor once. But great flight all in all!

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Richard Hodges    (UK)

LHR-IAD-LHR, 29/9 and return 13/10. We booked our original flights on WTP on the A380 and B777 both fitted with the revamped World Traveller Plus - far more comfortable than the old style WTP with an infinitely better IFE system. So guess how pleased I was when BA changed the aircraft on both flights to the now very aged and decrepit B747's with the old style WTP. The 747's really should be pensioned off and replaced with A380's - they are old, grimy and falling to pieces. Our B747 was filthy. The catering on the way out to Washington was not too bad - a half decent fillet steak. On the way back beef again but nowhere near as nice, and a truly horrible pathetic cold hard croissant and jam that passed for breakfast. Inedible and disgraceful. Good grief, BA, can't you even pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds? The good points: both flights were on time, and the FA's were OK. That's it. This would almost be acceptable except for the final insult - charging for choosing your seat after confirmation of the flight. This is cheap, nickel and dime, low cost airline stuff and not what you should expect from the nation's flag bearing airline. No other major airline that I regularly use does this - not even small ones like Bangkok Airlines or United Express. It is shameful - even our American friends who flew BA back to Chicago were dumbfounded. You expect it on Ryanair or other low cost outfits but this really shouldn't happen on your national airline. I recommend BA but with enormous reservations - try to book on the B777 or A380 and if you don't need to choose your seat before check in you'll be OK.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by E Eriksson    (Norway)

OSL-LHR in Business. BA has over the last few years put less priority on Oslo and SAS today has a better offering. BA is the only flag carrier in Oslo that does not offer fast track security. The Menzies ground staff are doing their best but does not have any authority to help when things go wrong. Particularly the evening flights are very often delayed due to late incoming aircraft from LHR and I have several times been an hour or more delayed and lost intercontinental flights as a result. The de-icing procedure is also much slower than on SAS. The lounge in Oslo is nice but not magnificent. BA has better service in business class than SAS with better food and free middle seat. You do however pay much more than for SAS Plus. The crew was friendly and did their best on my last flight, but seemed badly trained, forgot to serve bread with the meal and spent a lot of time chatting in the galley. One sometimes miss the old well trained BA staff. SAS also very often offer internet access on the London flights which is a plus.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Dave Mcdermott    (UK)

Heathrow to Bergen, Business, no priority boarding bus out to plane which was packed - a bad start. Aircraft cold, slow cabin service and in fact glad to get off. Food was ok ,the cooked English breakfast was nice.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by S Shailes    (UK)

BA176 JFK to Heathrow 13 October 2014. The outward flight had been so awful so the return surely could not be any worse. How wrong I was. Arrived at business check-in at JFK terminal 7. No staff at desk. Boarding pass printed at machine, but had to wait nearly twenty minutes to check luggage. Agent was rude and unhelpful. Onto the BA lounge. Sagging shabby seats and no food except crisps. On asking the receptionist where the food was, I was told passengers normally use the much advertised "pre-boarding supper" facility. Asked when this opened and was told it was not operating. Eventually, some badly cut sandwiches and lumps of cheese with crackers appeared. No hot food was available. Two hours before departure, the flight was posted as four minutes late. No further information was posted. When I asked for an update thirty minutes before scheduled take-off, I was told there would be an announcement shortly. Eventually a barely audible announcement came that the plane was now boarding. The departures board had not been updated, so premium passengers were forced to shuffle along with those in the main cabin. Onboard, after presenting my boarding pass I was given a grunted down there, with no indication as to which side of the plane I was seated. On reflection, late boarding may have been a blessing. I lost count of the times I was knocked by oversized and heavy hand luggage. Eventually the safety demonstration was played on the IFE system. The sound was inaudible. Surely a safety hazard. Similarly, all announcements from the cockpit went unheard. We took off one hour and fifteen minutes late, with no explanation given for the delay. The wine selection was very limited on the flight, as was the menu, two choices of main course, and only one dessert - I asked if I could have the advertised ice cream snack for desert, to be told there was none on board. Food was barely edible. Service was poor. The cabin crew seemed intent on throwing trays round as fast as possible. My salad was served with desert (which I did not want) on the tray. The main course was overcooked beef near raw vegetables. I was made to feel a nuisance when I asked for a second glass of wine. The narrow seat converted to a narrow and not very comfortable bed. Other carriers provide mattresses and duvets. BA seem to think a tacky blanket will do. The whole service has been downgraded to the standards I would expect in economy class. The nicieties that used to mark business flights have been lost in the pursuit of profit. Given that BA charge far more that their competitors for this route, I was thoroughly disappointed. I will not use any BA flight again if there is an alternative available.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by B Kavanagh    (Australia)

Very impressed with Premium Economy on BA Sydney to Heathrow and return. Nice also, to have an unsolicited upgrade to Business on return, Singapore to Sydney.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Dave Mcdermott    (UK)

A319 Barcelona to Heathrow, Business, no announcements for boarding, so missed any chance of priority boarding. Why pay extra for something you are not going to get! Cabin service slow - over an hour until meal served, had to ask for another drink as only 1 small bottle given. They also ran out of the main choice meal and the cabin was not full, had second choice meal and this was cold. To Fly to Serve - I think not. Terrible service for an airline that is supposed to pride itself on service.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by S Shailes    (UK)

BA213 Heathrow to Boston 29/09/14 B747. There was nothing at all to commend this flight. I have had better comfort and service on low cost carriers. The seats must be the narrowest in class for any major airline. The business lounge at Heathrow is not well signed, and awkwardly placed at the top of escalators. At 0830 in the morning, the tables were overflowing with used crockery and waste food. When staff did appear, they did a very cursory clearing job. Never once in two hours, did I see any of the sticky tables being wiped down. On boarding, I was neither shown to my seat, nor addressed by name, as I have been on other airlines. When I asked for assistance in putting my hand luggage in the overhead locker - I was told in no uncertain terms, staff were not allowed to help. Again I have always had help on business flights on other airlines. In the air, the level of discomfort rose as those in the inside seats were forced to jump over my out stretched legs and cabin staff leant over me to serve the inside seats. The level of service could not remotely be considered acceptable for the price paid. Add in poor food and IFE, and decision to avoid BA flights in future was made for me.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by K Lee    (Trinidad)

I fly the POS to LGW route on a fairly regular basis and the punctuality of the flight is bad. I suffered two 6 hour delays within 5 weeks on this route. The air steward wasn't friendly at all and was borderline aggressive when asking passengers to take a seat when the fasten seatbelt sign was switched on. The inflight entertainment needs updating. The screens are small and the resolution low. The seats were not comfortable either and you can feel every movement of the passenger which is sat behind you whenever they reached for something in the seat pocket.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Andrew Duff    (UK)

LGW-AGP and back. 737-400s on both journeys. These aircraft are looking very tatty now - seats worn, cabins grimy and dingy. The 'food' was a soggy half-wrap with a filling-free miniature roll - it was unacceptable on a 2hr45m flight. No choice offered by the cabin crew even though they had 3 options. The claim that their food offering is appropriate to the time of day is hogwash - we were served exactly the same thing at 10.30am on the outbound flight as at midnight on the return. Although we benefited from it on this trip, BA need to change their hand luggage policy. There simply isn't space for 150+ passengers to bring 2 bags, which caused a lot of angst particularly on the return trip (both flights were completely full). On the upside, both flights were on time and the crews were friendly - the return crew dealt well with a potentially disruptive family group.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by John Ritchie    (UK)

Aberdeen-Heathrow-Miami and return World Traveller Plus (premium economy). Received a text from BA at 0600 that our 09:30 ABZ-LHR flight had been cancelled which would impact upon the US flight. Phoned the helpline as suggested. Utterly useless options provided by their staff which was weighted towards a ticket refund - no use for a family holiday. Made unsuitable suggestions including can you get to Aberdeen for the 7:30 flight (it was 7am and had now spent 1hr on phone to them). Gave up and just went to the airport. Fortunately BA staff there were excellent and got me on next flight to Heathrow despite breaching their own min of 1 hour requirement for connections. Flight to London was good, with good service, leather seats. Cabin crew facilitated us getting off plane first and BA staff member met us to get us to next gate ASAP for Miami flight. Service centre useless but face to face staff great. LHR-MIA flight. Aircraft, a 747, was old and tatty and WT+ seats were rubbish in comparison to Virgin product that I have experienced. Not that comfortable. Seat back TV is same as economy namely 4" across, tiny but selection was ok, and seats are fabric and didn't seem that much better than economy. Food (beef) was outstanding for aircraft food. Staff were pretty good. Aircraft on time. Return journey much the same but staff were better. Conclusion is that face to face staff great, food great. But needs a modern fleet - our 747 was really aged and their world traveller plus product needs work, with hindsight probably would have just travelled economy as leg room wasn't that much more. If you take a iPad to watch movies and are not tall economy would do the job. Their helpline needs to be addressed. Clue being in the title - HELPline. Would fly BA again but would think about their WT+ option carefully.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by D Martin    (UK)

LHR-DEN, DEN-LHR - always use upper class in VA when I can. This flight reminded me of just why I rarely fly BA. Most of the crew were disinterested. I raised a couple of points but I was told I was wrong both times. Asked for another glass of wine twice with my main, the stewardess forgot and denied that I had even asked for one. Food going out was pretty good, but coming home just awful. I for one can just not get my head round the seat formation. You stare at some stranger on take off and landing, food and drinks for passengers on the inner seats are pushed in front of your face.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by James williams    (UK)

I flew one way MCO-LGW, 6th October, the service, aircraft and overall product was so below standards and expectations British Airways has lost a customer for life. I requested assistance due to illness which I couldn't have at Orlando airport just the priority lane to help me not wait? When boarding they wouldn't let me board without checking with three people just because I was young and didn't appear to need assistance. After this I could barely make it to my seat without difficulty breathing, the crew just leant against the bulkhead and couldn't even ask if I was ok. The drinks took in excess of an hour with a lot of in and out of the galleys with no progress. The meal service took even longer and seemed disorganised, no choice by the time they got to me. The 2nd meal was a freezing cold croissant hardly edible. Why do they need to be chilled? Room temp would make them a bit better. The head rest was hanging off its housing when I boarded no attempt to fix by ground staff or reseat me into a working seat. The IFE screen was so tiny and had squares on it from the old fashioned touch screen technology definitely behind both Virgin and Thomson on this route. When I got to Gatwick the ground staff were just as awkward in providing me with assistance - if you don't look old then you shouldn't need assistance. Never again BA.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Rita Mullen    (UK)

First class flight from Toronto on Monday 6th October. The cabin crew were first class, food was very good. Smooth flight, great takeoff and landing. Would recommend flying with British Airways.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by P Oliver    (UK)

LGW to CMB via MLE and return, Sept/Oct 2014. As a British Citizen, you desperately want to like BA, but they do make it very difficult to do so. The recent documentary "A Very British Airline" whetted our appetite that perhaps a commitment to service may have returned to BA, particularly in the long-haul premium cabins. Sadly, on all the legs, the cabin service was totally indifferent without any effort to do more than the bare minimum. Attendants chewing gum, no smiles, everything was all too much effort. The only time the crew showed any animation was when talking to each other. Adequate is about the best description but it could have been so much better without any cost except a bit of effort.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Kathleen Kirby    (UK)

Flew from LGW to Catania. Lounge at Gatwick was good and staff very attentive, no lounge at Catania airport and given vouchers instead which we got a rotten cup of coffee from the BA approved cafe next to the non Schengen passport control. Flights both ways were good and we liked the Pilot pointing out Lake Geneva and telling us about our route so nicely. The return flight back to LGW, the Captain was hard to hear, and wasn't so interesting. That aside, on both journeys, we felt well looked after, with charming FAs. The food was also good too, and we landed on time. Baggage came very quickly at LGW, but at Catania airport it was a bit of a carnival! I'm afraid Catania airport is the worst airport I've been through, but there you go! I think it is one of the joys of travelling.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Guillaume Christian    (St. Lucia)

St Lucia to London round trip. Full flight both ways, quite unhappy staff on return leg, tiny seatback screens and poor selection of entertainment, meals satisfactory (taste was ok and enough to fill me up, both legs on time but was quite expensive for the service I got. Would fly them again if they are the cheaper option.

British Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

LHR-MXP-LHR 6th October. check-in/bag drop at LHR pretty slow again - used lounge T5 South which I always like. A320 out which appeared new - a full flight of around 1.5hrs with a sandwich and drink served. Crew very nice and we arrived slightly early. Return check-in quick and then a long walk to the lounge which was shared with 5 or 6 airlines - OK not much food but pretty quiet and nice place to wait for flight. A319 on return full, again crew very nice the same sandwich and drinks served - arrived back at T5 on time, no bags so out within 20 min.

British Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by D Rahmatallah    (UK)

777-200 4-class, refitted with the new World Traveller and WT Plus cabins. LHR-DEL-LHR. Very disappointed. On the outbound flight, the food choice was gone before they reached the 4th row of the economy cabin, meaning that myself and the rest of the cabin had to have the second choice meal - second choice for good reason. It was a truly unpleasant tray of food. The real issue is the introduction of possibly the largest entertainment equipment box in the floor space I have ever seen. It literally takes up half of the floor, and prevents you from stretching both legs out. I don't know if this is exclusive to the refitted B777's, but it is certainly a side effect of the new IFE, and isn't there on the the older cabins. The box seems to be under every window seat on both sides of the cabin. I really don't understand what the cabin designers were thinking allowing this box to take up so much of the space that is already so precious. They could have at least rounded off the corners. It seems rushed and last minute. This means that I am now avoiding BA when booking a trip if they are operating the B777 on the desired route. Bye bye Executive Club silver.

British Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by J Lavelle    (Ireland)

Booked a seat in World Traveller (Ecomomy) for an extra €60 each way. This was to get an exit seat with legroom and a window. Seat was advertised as window exit. Yes it was an exit seat but there was no window at the seat. The slide / raft box protruded from the exit door greatly reducing the amount of space for legroom. Seat beside me was empty but a guy was quickly moved into it when he asked for it, despite us having to pay €60 each way for these seats. Stewardesses were friendly but service was almost non existent. The child portion chicken dinner was in no way filling. Was hungry throughout whole flight. No food or snacks offered until about 1.5 hours before landing when I was given a cheese roll with no butter or mayonnaise, completely dry and unappetising.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by S Mordey    (UK)

BA1326 LHR-NCL. 10.10.14. I arrived on time at LHR from Brazil using a different carrier. Journey thus far was enjoyable and on time. I know that that shortest final hop up to the north east is usually the most problematic and unpleasant, so I arrived fully expecting to land at Newcastle and get home late. However yesterday morning I was wrong, my flight wasn't running late, it was cancelled! I had a particularly revolting encounter with one of their "professionals" in T5. My courtesy and understanding towards the inept individual who was there to assist delayed passengers, was rewarded with the cheap nasty, passive aggressive and generally dismissive attitude which is offered so frequently by BA these days. No apology or empathy just waffle and rubbish. It's just simply not good enough, and a terrible reflection of what our flag carrier has become. To cut a long story short, I arrived at NCL seven hours late. And no surprises my luggage was left behind at T5. But then again BA only had seven hours to transfer it onto my flight. Well done BA! Simply the worst customer service that I have ever experienced anywhere!

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Jane Jasper    (Spain)

BA038 PEK to LHR 28-09-14 Business Class B747-400. First time I have flown BA long haul and in view of the many unhappy travellers on this site - I was keen to see for myself. I can honestly say I have never experienced such a dreadful flight. Antiquated and filthy plane is an experience I would never want to make again. The seating in Business class downstairs is a disgrace I was unlucky enough to have the aisle seat 17G which turned in to a flat bed, so narrow my body and I am small was over the main aisle when asleep being continuously bumped and pushed. Absolutely no privacy in this seat and every one coming out of the toilet and standing and waiting the kitchen area could see my every move. Completely unacceptable. No mattress and only a small blanket. There is nowhere to put even a pair of glasses or a bottle of water once the tray table was put up (necessary to sleep). To get to the centre seats where my husband was - a dirty plastic ‘window’ had to be slid down and hot beverages and food had to be passed across the whole time encroaching on my personal space (what there was of it.) My husband said the middle seats trapped passengers in and getting out involved stepping over people. Extremely difficult for short people. The whole design of the business class seats is very uncomfortable and seriously flawed. The food was badly presented and unappetising. The PA system from the flight deck was inaudible I could not hear the Captain in the pre flight information announcement The other issue was a very mediocre in flight entertainment system, which took an hour to get going, and even the flight tracking information was not available for the whole flight. They weren’t overly concerned just superficial apologies. The toilets were filthy and grimy. The floor edges and all around the basin area where bits were falling off were thick with dirty grease. I looked into the galley and that too including the floors and edges of preparation benches was full of grime. Total disgrace. The Cabin Crew seemed in a state of disorganised chaos having a great view of seeing it all from my seat. Very little contact with passengers other than rather arrogant looks all round. Needless to say I will never travel BA long haul again. They need to get on to an Emirates Airline and see how it should be done. As a regular long-haul traveller on Emirates the difference between these companies is indisputable. Perhaps the so-called ‘loyal’ BA customers have never been on a Emirates flight to compare the difference.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by J Weber    (USA)

We flew BA from London to Dulles DC 10/8/2014. Unfortunately we were seated in economy so space was very tight but the staff could not have been anymore accommodating which greatly helped.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by J Martin    (UK)

B787. Just returned from a London - Toronto - London flight. BA appear to be proud of their new "Dreamliner" but they have scored a real own-goal by cramming 9 seats into each row, 3+3+3. The only way this has been achieved is by fitting seats that are far narrower than the norm. We are well used to airlines having unjustifiably uncomfortable seat pitch but this was the first time I have found myself wedged into such a narrow seat - and I am quite slimly-built! Unless BA changes their 787s to a less-cramped layout I will now have no alternative but to make sure I am not flying in a 787, thus often avoiding BA altogether. I will let a BA steward have the last word: "The first time I sat in one of these seats I could not believe how bad they are" - and he, like me, is slim. Come on BA - start having a little regard for your customers' comfort and health.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by M Richards    (UK)

I travelled to Hong Kong with British Airways from Heathrow on a 777-200 outbound and one of their new A380's on the way back, both in World Traveller. It had been a long time since I had travelled with BA (18 years!) but it was one of my better flying experiences. I didn't know what to expect this time round but the seats had plenty of leg room on the 777 on the way out. I was annoyed as I was told to pull my window blind down as other people were sleeping, although I had specifically asked for the window seat for a reason. However the crew were great and asked if I'd like to look out of the window by the jump seat, which I did for a good few hours! Not only that, the crew called the flight crew and the co-pilot walked to the back of the plane to have a chat with me and gave me a map with all the points of interest highlighted with the times we would be above them! Airlines don't have to spend any money to truly satisfy passengers. The seat on the 777 was quite comfortable and the IFE had plenty of selection. The food was good, not dried out and it was tasty. All the toilets were operational and were clean. On the way back I was upstairs on the A380. The aircraft was extremely clean, comfortable and the A380 was ever so quiet in all areas of the flight which really surprised me. I really loved the 'seat locker' next to my window seat which easily fitted the contents of my hand luggage. Food was good again and the crew were again amazing allowing me to visit the flight deck after the flight had safely arrived at Heathrow. Toilets were clean and tody and all operational and the IFE was good. Leg room was good. The only thing I would say is that the IFE does take up a lot of space under the seat meaning that hand luggage cannot really be stored there and it can get in the way of your feet.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

LHR-MXP-LHR. Check in/bag drop at T5 once again very slow, appears to be a staff shortage at some times of the day. My FFS allows me to use the lounge so I had time for a quick coffee, I like the BA lounges at T5. Boarding on time, seat 26A on a A320 seemed new with a nice crew a snack and a drink served. Return check in quick Milan Malpenza Airport is horrible! Managed to find lounge close to B35 limited food but quiet, wifi was poor although there is a smoking lounge. Boarding quick seat 19A and another newish A319, full flight snack and drink served crew very chatty early arrival at T5. Good product although I booked on day of travel so a bit expensive.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by P Wylie    (Australia)

Took 6 BA flights as part of a OneWorld RTW trip. JFK to Berlin via LHR, then 4 days later Berlin to MAN via LHR, and 6 weeks later Nice to DXB again via LHR. All flights on time, all cabin crew polite, attentive and thoroughly professional. Refreshments, meals and drinks all appropriate for the flights and times of day. It was a pleasure to fly BA after 5 flights with AA. Just one small attitude problem with a ground agent at LHR while boarding for DXB. We were snapped at and told to wait while other passengers (presumably business class) boarded. We were not in the business class 'line', but just happened to be standing near one of the two gates where boarding passes were checked. The ground agent obviously thought that we were economy class passengers trying to board early. Overall a 99% satisfactory rating for these flights. Did not use IFE so unable to give a rating.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Mark Freyton    (UK)

Flown 6 flights on BA recently, generally satisfied, though cost cutting in Business Class seems to have got out of hand. Club Kitchen snacks are shrinking with little left half way through long flights and meals, and choice less. Although there are many new business class seats out there that are better BA is still acceptable, especially the very private window seats. Crew usually excellent, and baggage delivery consistent at terminal 5. My one complaint over these 6 flights would be that no effort is made to control, the amount of hand baggage on board, even on short flights boarding takes so long while stressed crew are trying to find space for large and heavy bags when some people have two or three large bags each. Two out of six flights were delayed because of this while they offloaded some bags that would not fit. Recent flights with Easyjet have not had this problem, they enforce their rules so we all know where we stand.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Dick John Parfett    (Mexico)

Without being completely detrimental to BA, I Have found the airline has become tired, and lacking in Customer Service from the Cabin Crew, as I fly economy class at Company expense, this class of traveler is viewed by the cabin staff as something to be tolerated until the end of the flight. The aircraft that I fly on from London to Mexico city are 747-400, these aircraft have obviously travelled many hundreds of thousands of air miles, the seats are mostly very worn and hard, a 12 to 13 hour flight leaves one with a very numb part of the anatomy, toilets seats are more often than not insecure or broken. Food offered is now without a menu, you get what you are given or go without from two choices, the famous BA breakfast is now no more, just a sandwich or a frozen roll. The inflight entertainment is often non functional and regular resetting of the system is quite normal, sound quality is always very bad. My comments are not directed at just one flight or one aircraft only, I have seen this deterioration over quite a few years, whilst I fully appreciate economy and money saving is today's norm, major airlines to my mind should think customer satisfaction at all levels, not just the First class and Business class customers. I have seen other airlines achieve and maintain very high standards in today's economic world of airline travel, but sadly BA seem to be trailing to an embarrassing extent.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Deb Woolley    (UK)

Travelled to Cyprus from Gatwick in economy as thought this would be fine as use them internally in UK. As we are tall thought seat pitch would be same as home. Wrong. Dreadful flight in extremely cramped cabin, my husband was virtually trapped by the seat in front and the only saving grace was that we had a spare seat in between us otherwise I think we would have been standing most of the way. Poor service and truly awful food, if you could call it food. Wrap and small roll with nice chocolate dessert. Wrap was soggy and inedible, roll dry and hardly had any filling. Only one round of drinks, then tea etc with food on a flight of4.5 hours. Really smelly toilets and air conditioning poor. Aircraft old and just a bad flight experience. Took off late too! Have travelled in considerably better flights with charter airlines and following this experience WILL NOT be patronising BA again in economy once we have suffered the return flight! Have gone business class which is good but economy is dreadful.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Philip Clacher    (Australia)

Don't even think about flying on this airline. Booked, paid for and confirmed last February for a premium economy flight Singapore to Sydney for last Saturday. When I checked in at Changi the check-in staff member told me the incoming flight from London was overbooked and I was downgraded to economy (against my wishes obviously). I would never have booked BA but for the premium economy offering, so huge disappointment. GB75 compensation is simply not good enough. Add to that the economy meal was inedible (what did they do to the seafood curry). Never again.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by G Clement    (UK)

Route: Heathrow - Toronto, First Class, daytime flight. Check-in / security: The former was smooth, friendly and efficient. The latter was very poor, on the basis that BA make no special provision for security with F class passengers either at their own hub (Heathrow Terminal 5) or any destination. F class passengers are not escorted which I consider to be a significant shortfall when clearing immigration and boarding flights. Lounge: Flagship lounge (Concorde Room) is quiet, elegant, reasonably well staffed and conveniently located after security. Good food in civilised portions served in the restaurant and a good selection of wines. IFE and Amenities: The TV is fairly decent, even on the refurbed 747s. Comfortable seats / beds with decent bedding and PJs. Good leg room, which I notice at 6'2". Practical sized amenity kit which is fairly well stocked. Food: Decent food and well presented. Selection is sufficient, but no special options available pre-boarding. Crew: Generally affable crew who were professional. Not the fastest of service in comparison to other F products. Crew and captain introduced themselves to a number of passengers, which sits between those airlines where all passengers are chatted with and those who don't. I would say BA have the right approach, in that crew seem to visually assess whether a passenger looks like they would invite a social conversation - rather than imposing it anyway.

British Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by F Klajner    (Canada)

Flew from IST to LHR on September 29. In short, an abomination for a business class flight lasting nearly 4 hours. It started with a dirty, dingy, cramped lounge, with very limited and low-quality food and drink selection, and located very far from the boarding gates. I have used the Star Alliance lounge at Ataturk Airport, and it is light years ahead of the BA lounge. The plane was an ancient B767. The business class seats had little leg room or recline, were packed out, hard and very uncomfortable. It took 1 hour for any drink or food service to start, and we were served warm champagne and a small bag of stale nuts. This was followed by a hot meal which was totally different from that described in the menu which had been handed out, and this became apparent only when the food service began. There were only two choices, nothing vegetarian. The crew were disengaged, disinterested and dismissive. The entertainment system consisted of only several old screens suspended from the ceiling and showing the movie Godzilla, which doubtless was a big hit with the 12 year olds in the audience. At the end of the flight, we were given fast-track cards to speed up our passage through customs. Unfortunately, only 3 of the 6 fast-track booths were open, and we ended up effectively in the slow-track line. To add insult to injury, this business class flight cost $200 more than that of its competitor, Turkish Airlines, and bore little resemblance to the business class service and cabin described on the BA website. Shame on British Airways for this product.

British Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by G Gibb    (UK)

LGW to SZG. Absolutely useless for a scheduled service and would not recommend to anyone. Booked flights to Salzburg for travel in September way back in April and chose the 13.45pm flight as most convenient even though more expensive. Luckily we arranged an overnight stop in Gatwick as we live in the North of England as otherwise don't know what we would have done when our flight was cancelled with notice only being given about 9.30pm the night before. We were put on the 7.15 am flight which meant being at Gatwick for 5am. This is a much cheaper flight but no partial refund is available, its take it or leave it with BA. Our subsequent onward travel plans were also in disarray because of this and it was a most unpleasant and stressful start to our holiday. Having taken the trouble to complain to BA I am amazed it took 8 days to send a most unsatisfactory short response which ended with "we hope you fly with us again to restore your confidence in our service". BA need to learn that scheduled service means just that and plans are made around the timings that cant just be altered with no notice. I would not trust or travel with them again.

British Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by G Boyle    (UK)

BA92, 4/10/14, YYZ-LHR, B787, G-ZBJE. If you want to know what Ryanair long haul will be like sit in E on the BA 787. Appalling legroom, seat width and non functioning IFE. Gold Card holder flying around 200 trips a year. Absolutely horrendous experience, good luck to anyone taking the 12hr+ trip to Chengdu on it! New plane with the smallest seats ever. Many passengers tried to stand the entire trip to avoid the discomfort! If you are anything more than a medium build and have a bum and hips you will have a very uncomfortable flight. I am not one to moan, but this is the end for me BA!

British Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Guy Senior    (UK)

Very comfortable return flight to Hannover in Club Europe. The A319 appeared to be new, good food for a short flight and very good value.

British Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by J Hill    (USA)

Just took British from London to Seattle. Tired airplane. Flew business class. Very basic service. No wifi. Nobody checking to see if you were interested in something to drink. Basic packaged food. Very disappointed.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |