British Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

British Airways
3.5 Star Rating: Good

British Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by R Simon    (Austria)

VIE-LHR-LIS on Sep 18, both legs on an Airbus 320 in Club Europe (Business Class), both legs on time or almost on time with an excellent crew (as most times with BA). Transfer procedures in LHR Terminal 3 were fast and friendly, even the extra security checks required for all transfers at LHR (even Intra-EU) were hassle free and easy. The scheduled layover was a rather long 3 hours. BAs Galleries Lounge in LHR T3 was also comfortable with excellent drink selection and quite good food selection. I fly the VIE-LIS route regularly and surprisingly transferring at LHR is superior to most alternatives on the VIE-LIS route (especially to the more common alternatives FRA, CDG, and even AMS and BRU), with the possible exception of ZRH, so taking BA via LHR is a really good alternative, if the direct TP flight is not an option, for whatever reason. The only, negative I have to say, that both flights featured the new BA slim seats, which are really a huge step back in comfort compared to the old seating. Seats in Club Europe are economy seats with limited seat pitch and the middle seat left empty. Its just like flying with Star Alliance with their uncomfortable Recaro slim seats. Catering on the VIE-LHR was afternoon tea, which is BAs weakest Club Europe service, with bland sandwiches and acceptable scones. Even their Chicken Tikka sandwiches in economy are better, but they have full bar service and brilliant, attentive FA’s, so I believe BA is still one of best options to fly within Europe. Catering on the second leg was a good prawn salad (or a chicken dish). However, my luggage did not make it to LIS that day, which was an unwelcome and unexpected surprise after the long layover in Heathrow. But, the issue was handled well, fast and friendly by Groundforce, the company who does the luggage handling for BA in LIS and I received my luggage without any further hassles the next morning. Not a perfect score due BA’s new seating, the delayed luggage and the VIE-LHR catering, but still pretty good service. As a side note VIE airport is getting worse and worse. Long lines at security with only two of the available four lines open. BA uses a shared lounge in VIE, which was overcrowded with basically not a seat available to sit down and limited food service. But at least BA uses the old terminal which is still far superior to the new skylink terminal used by Star Alliance, which really is a show piece how not to design a new terminal.

British Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by M Ellwood    (UK)

Gatwick-Colombo via Maldives 10/09 return 22/09 Club World. 777-200 3 class flight seats good as usual, inflight meal OK. I really would be happier with a selection of starters and NO main course. Crew worked really hard as there were a few demanding passengers! Full London-Male-London just a handful of us continuing to Colombo, not surprised BA are stopping the Colombo service from 28 March 2015.

British Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by D MacDonald    (UK)

Tel Aviv to Glasgow, via Heathrow. Club World on ex BMI A321, so a different seat to the usual BA Club World product. Overall an excellent flight and service all round. The crew in Club World were a real credit to BA and could not do enough for you. Catering was excellent, the seat was very comfortable in all positions and the airport experience at all ends was quick and easy. Overall an excellent premium product made even more special by the cabin crew.

British Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by A Ross    (UK)

JFK to LHR - Despite the image the BA TV show conveyed The Galleries Lounges at JKF is the worst run of all the BA Lounges I have visited. I have had more polite service at Macdonalds than at the desk in the Galleries. There was nothing business class or tranquil about the space. The spa was a fully booked with no appointments for two hours and "the sorry we can't be of service today" was more than disappointing especially given the £6K ticket price, and the message was delivered with such insincerity. How can BA get it so right offering 1st Class service in London, Miami, Boston, Seattle, Hong Kong and Sydney (to name a few) and offer budget airline service with a mediocre selection of sandwiches in JFK. Boarding was a mess. They were boarding a Qantas flight at the adjacent gate and all the passengers got mixed up. We asked a BA member of ground staff where to queue and she said she did not know and it had nothing to do with her! First and Business class passengers were directed down a cul-de-sac marked fast track which came to a dead end in a sea of passengers and eventually all the premium passengers joined the line behind the economy passengers and boarded last. We ask "why" as the lady gave us back our boarding cards and she said "nothing to do with me". Upstairs on the 747 in Club was excellent, professional attentive staff, good food and wine, good entertainment, BA at its best the only flaw was no menu cards because of a mistake at JFK, no surprise. Heathrow ground services were smooth and our bags arrived in no time at all. I will fly BA Clubworld again but not to JKF, I will use Virgin who offer better ground services at JFK which match the price of the ticket and they value their customer more.

British Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by D Whalley    (UK)

Rome to London Gatwick. Delayed take-off from Rome largely because the plane was held on the runway for nearly 30 mins. Cabin clean and in good condition. Staff attentive and professional. Seats adequate for short journey but legroom is not generous. Food ans drink welcome but the food poor and unnecessary on relatively short journey. BA could save money by limiting to beverages.

British Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Clive Drake    (UK)

LHR-Hannover Germany. You really wonder sometimes with BA. I paid £940 return and what a joke. (Last year I flew Stuttgart and Berlin in Club for about££600 and was very happy). Firstly the flight ran from T1 at LHR. T5 Club lounge is rather good. On first sight the T1 lounge looked OK. I arrived at 15.03 and was told hot food was not available after 3pm. With a bit of grovelling I managed to get a plate of Singapore Chicken curry from the waitress. The whole food area consisted of a few miserable sandwich's, peanuts and a miserable looking soup. Drinks ok. Flight was an A319 which left about 40 minutes late. Couldn't be bothered to eat the Prawn salad - which actually looked ok. FA's were fine. In summary a real big BA con. Flight was one hour and at £450+ per hour it costs more than a 7 hour flight in First to JFK. A miserable experience.

British Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Driscoll Peter    (UK)

LGW to Alicante out on 8th September early flight. I was disappointed that, due to BA changing the aircraft, the seat in the exit row that I booked and paid extra for was not available and they had failed to inform me. The seat allocated on the Boeing was quite cramped for my frame and I was not that comfortable. I had tried to get this changed before the flight on line but all I got was a request to phone BA after the flight. There must have been other passengers affected in this change. That said, the flight left on time and the proffered cheese croissant and coffee were fine. Staff attentive and pleasant. The return on 22nd was the 16.35 departure which again was punctual and my seat choice was as I had requested. The snack was fine and the small bottle of Pinotage was pleasant enough. Due to turbulence about which we had been kept informed by frequent announcements by the first officer and captain, the ride was a bit bumpy for half an hour or so. I think that BA needs to update some of these old dinosaurs and invest in new planes like Easyjet and Ryanair seem to be able to do. However, by booking early I got a great price, decent luggage allowance and a snack so I can't complain. I also like the ability to carry on a laptop as well as a cabin bag, avoiding some of the boarding horror stories associated with the budget airlines. I do like to "fly the flag" and shall continue to do so but a bit of investment in new planes would be nice.

British Airways Customer review :  25 September 2014 by Paul le Grys    (UK)

2 recent flights, LHR to SFO (12 hrs) - 7th Sept then San Diego to LHR (9 hrs), 21st Sept, BA 272. Club World cabin. Wife and I have flown business class on - Singapore, Air New Zealand, Emirates, Air Malaysia and Virgin, on 20 occasions to New Zealand by various routes, so we are familiar with the service provided at this level by other airlines. BA, in our opinion, doesn't come close. Briefly: - being charged £284 extra to reserve seats, how do they get away with it? Personally we felt uncomfortable with the back-to-front seat layout, too enclosed and awkward to get out of, (we were in the inner cell) and I would imagine irritating for the outside passengers as well to have people clambering over their legs. Details - "hot towels" threadbare, scraps of cloth that were stone cold in under ten seconds, and then only one and nothing for morning wake-up, cheap looking menus, lukewarm tea and coffee thrust over the barrier in mugs, a sudden rattle as the screen was lowered and a basket of bread rolls thrust under your nose, having to reach out sideways to receive meals, embarrassment at disturbing the outside passenger trays passed over them, minute napkins, (expect paper sheets anytime soon) cabin crew just doing their job, walking up and down the aisles at great speeds so as to avoid being asked for something, cold soggy croissants which are an insult to croissants, and don't get me started about the bacon roll! We were offered a drink before dinner and had to ask for a top-up, one glass of wine with dinner (dry tough steak) and a refill after we had finished eating, no after dinner drinks were offered. Lights out-see you in the morning! I could go on, but suffice to say we are so disappointed that our national airline could be so far behind the others.

British Airways Customer review :  25 September 2014 by Stephen Mordey    (UK)

BA1326, LHR-NCL, 18/09/2014. As is the norm, flight departed late. Cabin crew somewhat passive aggressive. Going through security at T5 prior to boarding was a more customer friendly experience. Landed with the customary jolt at NCL. Is there an alternative? Of course not! Not an experience to make me want to make BA my long haul carrier of choice. And an experience which is repeated frequently.

British Airways Customer review :  25 September 2014 by Anita Sulley    (Canada)

We flew on the A380 from Heathrow to Jo'burg return, economy class. I thought the flight was excellent. The crew were very helpful and the meals were good. We flew in the bottom level one way, but the upper level on the return - I liked the upper level better. There are convenient storage units by the window seats. Keep in mind the overhead compartments are smaller upstairs though. Would definitely fly with them again.

British Airways Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Glaser Werner    (Austria)

LHR to PHL on 787, online check in worked well, T5 first class lounge very nice, good choice of drinks available, food could be better but nothing to complain about. Priority boarding worked well too. Service always very good (flying every month to the US). Did not eat anything because I wanted only to sleep. Had seat 3e (middle seat at the end of the first club world cabin) which gives you a lot of private space. Entertainment system good but a better selection necessary. Overall I can recommend BA, however on most of the Asian airlines you have roomier seats.

British Airways Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Akram EL Dimerdash    (Egypt)

BHD-LHR. I flew BA from Belfast George Best Airport to London, the flight was very good and on time, and uneventful. The crew was excellent and the aircraft was a new A319. The fare was ok.

British Airways Customer review :  23 September 2014 by J Rose    (UK)

Considering our outbound flight to Orlando was delayed a good 2 hours, I'm not sure why I expected better service from BA coming home. Over a day before our return flight was due, there was already a delay posted, bumping our flight up a whole three hours. The next morning we wake to find our flight now leaves at the break of the next day at half 12 in the evening! We booked our flight to leave Saturday so we would arrive home on Sunday and be able to go back to work for the Monday. But thanks to the reliability of British Airways, not only had we paid for two - now immensely - overpriced flights, we will be loosing money from not being able to attend our jobs! Absolutely disgusting show from BA, I honestly wouldn't even chance a brief flight with them for fear of having to cancel numerous plans due to the ineptitude of a shoddily run business! I won't be recommending BA, in fact I will actively encourage everyone I meet to avoid their awful business at all costs!

British Airways Customer review :  23 September 2014 by N Williams    (UK)

LHR-SIN in Economy. Very relaxed and prompt check in at T5. A good, attentive and humorous cabin crew, nice wine, dinner enjoyable, the same poor breakfast as 20 years ago. Very clean and tidy interior on 777. Punctual, and it goes without saying that the flight crew are excellent and you feel safe. Will definitely seek to use again.

British Airways Customer review :  19 September 2014 by I Cameron    (UK)

LHR-LIS in Club Europe (on Avios). Easy check-in and security. BA lounge reasonable - good selection of drinks, food slightly stale looking but tasty enough. Bus out to plane. Nice welcome in Club Europe cabin on brand new A320. Seats comfortable, albeit less legroom than expected. Food excellent, served by very attentive cabin crew. Good updates from pilot. Very good flight overall.

British Airways Customer review :  19 September 2014 by Kuhan Kandiah Chelvanathan    (Malaysia)

Flew between LHR and JFK and the return leg was IAD to LHR and onward to KUL on MH. I must say BA has an excellent product offering. The crew are extremely friendly and are attentive. They are kept busy the entire flight with juice and water being served consistently. The only setback is that their B747 have seen better days and is in dire need of a refurbishment. Food was good but the IFE could be improved further with enhanced audio and video selection. I will surely fly with BA again. To the crew, keep up the good work.

British Airways Customer review :  19 September 2014 by D Preston    (UK)

Flew Heathrow - Madrid return. Have always been loyal to BA but no longer. T5 Lounge overcrowded, poor range of food, rubbish and uncleared crockery and glasses everywhere - not particularly pleasant. Bags not tagged priority. Fast Track not fast. Service on board to Madrid was exceptionally good and old style BA. Return, bags not tagged priority, no priority boarding, old aircraft, rude staff, cramped seating, poor and cost cutting catering with no attempt at service beyond handing out. Very disappointing experience and unacceptable. Could not select seats on-line for return flight as computer had allocated them. Eventually seats changed when called call centre - told couldn't be done for half an hour and strangely, as the conversation moved forward, they could do it. Waste of time and energy. Practically everything suggested as part of the Club Europe package didn't happen. Club Europe used to be so distinctive and worth and I always felt it was worth the premium price. To be honest, I have cheaper alternatives from closer airports which I will now be using for my regular flights to and from Spain.

British Airways Customer review :  19 September 2014 by Mark Williams    (UK)

Flew LHR-BUD 11 Sep BA866 and return 15 Sep BA 869 Club Europe. Early morning flight from T3 so breakfast in lounge. Usual assortment of cereals and fruit etc but limited selection of hot food (although the bacon roll was delicious). As is usually the case, had to ask for champagne but staff happy to oblige and quickly brought it to our table. Plenty of staff around and the whole lounge appeared to be kept tidy and clean. Had to board via a bus and there was no preference given to business passengers. Managed to get onto the bus first and got to seat without any problem. Plane had been refitted with the new layout. Beautiful cabin and the seats are lovely but gone is the extra leg room in Club. Big disappointment. It feels quite claustrophobic and then the person in front puts their seat back. Not as nice a place to be compared to the old club section, aesthetics notwithstanding. Friendly crew, plenty of champagne and a surprisingly good hot breakfast of omelette, mushrooms, bacon and sausage with hot bread. Coffee still poor, however. No IFE apart from progress maps / information on small screen from ceiling. BUD airport a disaster. No time at all to clear immigration but had to wait almost an hour for bags - priority tags didn't seem to make any difference. No aircon in bag collection and overcrowded with people waiting for bags. Very uncomfortable and unpleasant. On return, the lounge BA shares at BUD is small with very limited selection of food and drinks but all quite acceptable. A short delay was posted at check in and gate changed but all in all, no real problem. Priority boarding worked well. Same plane configuration on return. Excellent crew up front on return too - plenty of smiles and chat. FAs free with the booze and nuts. Food was again a surprise - I had cod with a tandoori sauce and rice with cauliflower. Very tasty. BA can be hit and miss but I thoroughly enjoyed both flights. A great soft product if they can maintain the standard but the new fit out is a disappointment.

British Airways Customer review :  19 September 2014 by D Preston    (UK)

Flew Heathrow - Madrid return. Have always been loyal to BA but no longer. T5 Lounge overcrowded, poor range of food, rubbish and uncleared crockery and glasses everywhere - not particularly pleasant. Bags not tagged priority. Fast Track not fast. Service on board to Madrid was excellent good and old style BA. Return, bags not tagged priority, no priority boarding, old aircraft, rude staff, cramped seating, poor and cost cutting catering with no attempt at service beyond handing out. Very disappointing experience and unacceptable. Could not select seats online for return flight as computer had allocated them. Eventually seats changed when called call centre - told couldn't be done for half an hour and strangely, as the conversation moved forward, they could do it. Waste of time and energy. Practically everything suggested as part of the Club Europe package didn't happen. Have lodged complaint but, beyond an automated reply, no response - Club Europe used to be so distinctive and I always felt it was worth the premium price. To be honest, I have cheaper alternatives from closer airports which I will now be using for my regular flights to and from Spain.

British Airways Customer review :  19 September 2014 by Debbie Donnelly    (UK)

Used BA for a return trip to Denver and was very disappointed. Plane was old and tired, cabin crew did the minimum required and food was basic. Had flown Emirates the previous month and BA cannot hold a candle to them from the warm towels, wide seats, great entertainment and shiny new planes. Wont be looking to support BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  19 September 2014 by Neil Macali    (USA)

Orlando, Florida (MCO) - London Gatwick (LGW). Wed, Aug 27 return Sun Sep 7. We paid over 150 dollars more for our seats, and didn't even get a choice of what we wanted for our meal. In addition, the inflight entertainment didn't work on our return trip.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Peter John Gillham    (UK)

I recently travelled with a friend to St Lucia and have to say that BA has once again surpassed my expectations. My travelling companion and I had booked World Traveller Plus and we were delighted to be upgraded to Club Class. The cabin crew were polite and attentive without being intrusive. We were also upgraded on our return and once again the high standards set on the initial journey were matched.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by David Iles    (UK)

LGW-MCO-SEA-LHR. Seats booked during Club World sale window - so reasonable priced. Check in at Gatwick very easy and through the fast track in about 5 mins. Boarded on time, with short wait before take off. Staff on the outbound leg superb, attentive without being intrusive food as ever palatable and overall great trip. Inbound Seattle - Heathrow. Lounge at Seattle is simply too small with insufficient seating however once on plane staff were again excellent although they appeared little rushed when compared with the outbound leg that may simply be because the CW cabin was more full. That said the high standards were maintained so a credit to the team in the CW cabin. Overall another good experience when travelling with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Mary Fisher Loar    (USA)

If there is an alernative I will never fly BA again. I used to travel BA and it was wonderful, now it is like an "old" airline. I flew from Seattle to London this summer on a 747, the leg room was not the best, the plane looked tired and I was not impressed. I am disabled so it is difficult for me to travel anyway. When we went back to Heathrow, I asked for help to get to my gate and I was put in a "PEN" with other disabled people waiting for our flights. No one told us that they do not send you down until your flight is getting due to leave. In that time we could have gone and had a meal. My flight back to Seattle was on a B777. The aisles were narrow and the seats very narrow. I am only 5'3" but my knees touched the seat in front of me. It was very difficult for the people in the window and middle seats to get over me, I had to get up out into the aisle for them to get out. Being disabled to be up and down is hard, especially in such a small space to manoeuvre ones legs. When people in front reclined it was awful. The food that was served was absolutely rubbish. What happened to the good BA service of a few years ago. No more BA for me if I can help it.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Mairead Fitzgerald    (UK)

My British Airways experience LHR to Paris CDG was excellent. I was travelling with an infant. The staff at LHR were so helpful and kind and went out of their way to help me. However it was a very different story on the way back. Everyone in Paris CDG was so rude. BA made me check-in my pushchair which meant I had to carry a 14month old boy (15kg) to the gate. It made my trip impossible. I pleaded with the man at check-in. There was no pre- boarding with infants. I will be taking the Eurostar, never flying again especially not to Paris.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

Economy from Jo'burg to LAX via Heathrow. Both flights on A380 and both full. Comfortable flights, on time and great service on the planes. Main problem is at Heathrow. At Jo'burg excellent arrangements for boarding the flight - at Heathrow insufficient space and just chaotic. If Jo'burg can get it right surely BA can get it right at its premium hub - Heathrow? And when arriving at Heathrow the entrance to section c - where we landed - was closed so we were unable to transfer direct to the gates. Instead we had to take the transit to section a go through the long lines of security there and then go back to section c. No one from BA or BAA at the c gates to explain and when raised by BA customer service staff they were uninterested and as usual blamed BAA rather than taking responsibility. Shame as the service in the air and at other airports is usually very good.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Les White    (Australia)

LHR-HKG on the new A380 in premium economy and it was a great trip, staff were friendly and the food was very good for a gluten free meal. The only thing that I think they could improve on which Cathay has is the dedicated check in and boarding for there flights other than that it was an enjoyable trip.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by A Hickling    (UK)

PHL-LHR on B787 seat 10A World Traveller Plus. The entire front row of the World Traveller Plus cabin are bulkhead seats and are also used as bassinets for babies, so if children are travelling it is unlikely to obtain a seat in this row. The seat is definitely an improvement on its predecessor and I managed to get over 4 hours sleep due to the recline, leg extension and footrest. The meal service has also improved, and now has the Club World main course served together with wine in a glass and metal cutlery and a printed menu. There is also a hot towel service and drinks served before take off, but in plastic cups and non-alcoholic. The service was very good, but the cabin was not completely full and seats 25 passengers at maximum capacity. The entertainment system is excellent as it is the new Thales equipment. The cabin is also cleaner, brighter and quieter than 777-200 and 747 equivalents.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Simon Brown    (UK)

I have flown LHR-BKK many times with EVA, Emirates, Oman and Qatar. Unfortunately this time I chose my National carrier. Disappointed is not the word. To start with, the seating arrangement is absurd. All the others manage 1-2-1 or 2-2-2. BA manages 6 abreast in a horrible tight arrangement whereby you face your neighbour. When the hot towels were given out, they were like warm rags in comparison to the other airlines. Food - ok there was a selection on the menu. However, at service time I was merely passed a tray over my neighbour. On every Qatar flight you are not only addressed by your name but the table is made for you as if being in a 5* restaurant. None of this with BA. Once the appetiser and first course are consumed, you hand the bowls back to the attendent, who then passes your main course to you in a bowl. Shabby is not the word. After a reasonable sleep in a very narrow bed it was time for landing. With no sign of a priority immigration pass being given, I asked the steward for one. He replied they did not have any for this flight, but assured me there would be ground staff at the gate to supply this basic amenity. Stupidly I believed him. Upon departure at BKK no ground staff or passes. I return to the UK next week and for the first time ever I am dreading the experience. Never ever will I fly my national carrier again. Disgraceful. It's any Middle East airline again for me. Qatar being my preferred choice.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Tangye Graeme    (New Zealand)

SFO to LHR, 747, upper cabin. This was not a particularly enjoyable flight. The cabin crew did the minimum needed, and no more. The aircraft was old and tired, with odd front/rear facing seat pairs. There was no sense of being a premium passenger, including being left to disembark after some of the economy passengers. The food was poor, with a very tough rack of lamb and vegetables that were close to being soup. The lounge at SFO was small, but okay for purpose. The best part of the flight was the priority immigration lane at LHR.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Worcester David    (UK)

LBA-LHR. Checked in on-line and boarding pass on my phone so no need to encounter check-in. Fast track was average track and the lounge was busy with people going to the sunnier climes having paid for access. Food selection poor. Hot food limited to a self-toasted teacake. Gate near the lounge and quick boarding. We were in 01D and E, but the friendly purser said 01F was free so we had the front row to ourselves. Early departure and swift climb. Service was excellent. The Purser addressed us by name, offered us (several) drinks and a choice of snacks (crisps, nuts or biscuits) (twice) on this short flight.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Andrew Loizou    (UK)

BA0397, 17.20, BRU-LHR, Airbus 310. A short hop but took opportunity to try the Gallery BA Lounge and pleased with food on offer, drinks etc and very cheerful. Lounge Host on Duty. Only downside is that they have not matched up having milk available by the beverage machine for a simple cup of tea and instead you have to hunt down the milk at the other side of the lounge where the soft drinks, juices and wines etc are to be found. The flight itself on a beautiful clear sunny afternoon was a pleasure with a very fast and efficient meal service dispensed with drinks in the tiny 45 minute flying time available. Friendly and welcoming sole FA for club passengers, lovely view cloudless London coming into land at T5. Frills can be welcome for reasonable outlay.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by M Brooks    (UK)

Flew BA0016, Singapore to Heathrow 'World Traveller Plus'. Having travelled this route several times with Singapore Airlines I was interested to see what BA had to offer. Bad move - in fact a monstrously expensive bad move. Unimaginative and largely tasteless meals - the so-called English breakfast looked like it was thrown together by some greasy spoon in downtown Singapore. Trays not cleared away for a very long period of time (ploy to keep passengers in their seats?), no offer of a second cup of coffee/tea, disappearance of cabin staff for much of the flight once the meals had been got out of the way (odd since there were loads around during boarding) - so for vast swathes of time passengers were left to their own devices to obtain water - many went off into the darkness in search of refreshment. Peremptory and insincere attention from cabin staff when they did show up - one had the sense that they wanted to get any kind of interaction over with as rapidly as possible so they could disappear again. IFE not at all user-friendly - the touchscreen didn't like to be touched and the range of films/programmes was limited and tired. BA should use some of the money from their exorbitant fares to send someone on a Singapore Airlines flight to learn how this service should actually be operated. Never again, BA.

British Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by E Whyte    (UK)

Sullen, attitude of cabin and ground staff who decided that honeymoon couples and teenagers warranted upgrades to the first class cabin after the aircraft was changed following a long delay despite us having contacted special assistance weeks before as my husband has terminal cancer and needed easy access out of his seat. If you have ever seen the ridiculous layout of seats in business class with BA where you have to step over someone else's bed you will understand my point. Loos out of order for almost an hour in the dated, overcrowded lounge where other than some apples and oranges there was no food for over an hour. The food on board was below mediocre. At £5.500 for 2 tickets the seats were uncomfortable with a threadbare blanket and misaligned footstool. The business lounge in Bangkok had threadbare carpets, uncleared tables and stale croissants.

Flew SYD to SIN on BA16 on a 12 month old 777-300er premium economy. We had read a lot of negative reports on here about BA so approached it with trepidation that was totally unfounded. We found them excellent and the crew superb, even the gluten free meal I had was more than edible, the seat was very comfortable and we both managed to get some shut eye and arrived reasonable fresh. We had a stop-over in Singapore for 2 days so got the same crew from SIN-LHR, I would gladly recommend them and the entertainment system was superb also. Couldn't fault them and would fly them again in a heartbeat. The only issue I have is you cant join the Executive Club from Australia, this would make me want to use them more. Overall a pleasant experience.

British Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by D Morgan    (UK)

LHR-EDI Used Avios to make short break to Edinburgh. Unlike transatlantic flights there were plenty of seats on offer, even at short notice, and we managed to get onto the flights we wanted. Both flights were on time (more or less) and both were on new A320 aircraft - bright and airy interiors with plenty of storage space for luggage. The drink and small bag of nuts, while welcome, is nothing to get excited about and seems more of a gimmick these days to distance BA from its budget airline rivals. Service levels both on the plane and on the ground were excellent throughout and I really enjoyed this domestic service.

British Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by B Motto    (UK)

Flew VIE to LHR Club Europe, fantastic crew looking after the Club Europe cabin, the only let down is the new revamped Club Europe Cabin. I really do not believe what BA is saying that this is what their European Passengers want! The seat pitch has now been reduced from 34 inches to 30 inches which used to be the Charter Airlines seat pitch years ago. If the passenger in front reclines their seat it is impossible to work on your laptop as there is no room. I really am not able to justify paying the Club Europe Fare for an economy class seat which is the most uncomfortable seat I have ever say in. A number of passengers were not impressed with the new cabin and all felt badly let down by BA. British Airways used to be a class above the rest now they are just an average low cost carrier but still charge the high fares, BA really need to think seriously about the Club Europe layout they have added more seats so it is all about money & not about what their passengers really want.

British Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by M Ryan    (Ireland)

First and last time flying with BA, upgraded the 4 of us to Premium Economy at £199 each for 4 of us a complete waste of money. Have done this with Virgin on occasions for long haul flights and its so worth the money and not as expensive. Food terrible, crew and staff not friendly, no drinks, offered only when handing out food. None of us could eat the food it was so bad. On a 9 hour flight we were hungry. Don't waste your money upgrading, I wish I had read reviews before I left.

British Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Julie Jacoby    (Australia)

Flew SYD-SIN and had a reasonably comfortable trip. Problem is I didn't see much of the staff in premium economy and they were not very smiley either, harassed looking. Service definitely down, none of the goodies you used to get like snacks and plenty of water. Everyone rather terse, I thought and not helpful. Not my favourite to fly. The aisle and seat space are for pixies, not real people.

British Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by J Henson    (UK)

Madrid-London on 9 September on Boeing 767 aircraft. No queue at check-in and welcoming, polite and efficient agent. Priority tag applied to suitcase. Lounge experience at Barajas Terminal 4 was generally positive. Plenty of places to sit and relax; good selection of food and drinks with sandwiches, some hot food, ice cream, fruit and a full bar. Priority boarding line worked well for business/status passengers. My main gripes are: old aircraft, fairly surly crew and a consistent inability to monitor hand luggage (I saw several cases that were larger than the bag I checked in being forced into the overhead lockers). I was in seat 27A which, as an exit row seat, had plenty of leg room. Full bar service and a chicken tikka flatbread (and vegetarian equivalent) offered. Arrived at Terminal 5B. Bags arrived with minimal (less than 5 minute wait). Overall a decent experience - I will continue to fly with BA, provided seats are available at a good price.

British Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Paula Loguda    (USA)

9/8/14 LHR-EWR in WC. Clean aircraft but moderate dysfunction of armrest, foot stool and video screen. We find this seating configuration very uncomfortable and will avoid BA when possible. One FA spent this flight chatting w. friend to the blockage of aisle and detriment of service. Dinner was fairly horrid (beef) except for salad and cheese. Late departure and 40 min late arrival with no explanations given.

British Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by B Kennedy    (UK)

Flew London City to Malaga return 28th August and 8th September respectively. Both flights on time on the wonderful little Embraer 190, such a nice plane to fly in, only two seats either side of aisle, loads of leg room and large windows. Full meal service in both directions with cooked breakfast on the morning flight out and good choice of rice or noodle salads on return lunchtime flight which is a huge improvement on the awful sandwiches they used to serve. Return flight made even better by superb approach over London down the Thames on a beautiful sunny afternoon - would pay good money for that part alone! Full marks for everything except had to score one for 'Inflight Entertainment' as there isn't any on this short flight and wouldn't really expect it.

British Airways Customer review :  10 September 2014 by C Kay    (UK)

LHR-MCT-LHR. Excellent outbound flight. Tasty food and wine, very friendly cabin crew although the entertainment system isn't up to much in terms of choice. Different story on the way back though. Stand-offish cabin crew, and no white champagne. Rose only as "we haven't been fully catered". Not a big thing but indicative of how slip shod BA can sometimes be these days. The seat is comfortable so I slept all the way back rather than try their food and drink.

British Airways Customer review :  10 September 2014 by B Soleymani    (Canada)

Travelled YYZ-LHR-ARN and return in mid August. Check in at Pearson was a bit delayed (only one counter open 2-3 hrs before departure, although it is advised that passengers arrive that early). Premium economy cabin inside the Boeing 787 (Dreamliner) is very pleasant and the flight from Toronto to London was very comfortable. Transfer at LHR T5 takes time is something I learned on this trip. 1hr connection is for sure pushing it and you're likely to miss your onward connection with anything less than 1.5 hrs transfer time. We missed our connection to ARN (our connection was only 1hr) because of the long line ups at the transfer centre. The fact that you go through security again in LHR takes some time as well. On my way back to Toronto, check in at Stockholm's Arlanda Airport was easy and very smooth. The flight to LHR went fine, and I had to spend almost an hour lining up at transfer centre, going through security. This is the part of the transfer that for sure takes time. After a train ride to the C gates and a fairly smooth boarding I was onboard the flight to Toronto. I had been upgraded to Business class, which was pleasant. Service onboard was professional and courteous. Landing in Toronto was a bit delayed due delayed take off from Heathrow. My overall w BA was good. However, transfer in LHR is probably one of the more lengthier ones in Europe I think. I preferred the short transfer at KEF on my last trip to Sweden a few months ago.

British Airways Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Mitchell Stephen    (UK)

Flew BA 215, LHR-BOS in economy on an ageing 747. Flight was 45 minutes late taking off. Seat was uncomfortable and cramped.Meal served was overcooked slop. IFE had glitches but worked eventually. Overhead light didn't work. The larger people become, and they are, the less space BA seems to give anyone. The plus point was the politeness and professionalism of the cabin staff.

British Airways Customer review :  10 September 2014 by J Wallace    (UK)

LHR - IST. T5 efficient as usual, no queues at check in or security. Proceeded to the lounge where we relaxed and watched planes take off with glass of champagne. Boarded on time, cabin crew friendly, food was excellent, and of course more champagne! The only thing that BA need to do (which I believe they are). Is to retire these old aircraft. The overall product is excellent, but I think the cabin crew are let down by the ageing planes. (IFE not personal to you etc).

British Airways Customer review :  10 September 2014 by S Parikh    (UK)

Just came back this morning on a flight from Dubai - BA106. I was not impressed. The cabin crew were just not friendly or helpful. The plane was very old and so were the crew, tired and old. It look like they had just got the bad bunch of hostesses to manage this flight. BA was so particular before what's happened? The cabin was very hot and several times my wife asked about it and she was just ignored. The food was very quickly given out many of times people were missed. I have to ask for water a number of times. There was no genuine warmth. It was really like flying on a 3 class air lines. I'd love to fly BA and support them but this is appalling. I would not recommended this - Next time we are flying eremites. Pay the extra. BTW I noticed a number of other people have complained about this crew on the site too - seems consistently bad.

British Airways Customer review :  10 September 2014 by J Tydeman    (UK)

Flew Heathrow to Lyon return. Late flight on the way out but made up all but 10 mins of the time. Catering hardly worth the effort as comprised unappetising looking sandwich and one drink (not even tea or coffee on the outbound). Crew good and check in very good, especially at Heathrow.

British Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by K Hyde    (UK)

We flew BA Gatwick to Grenada - first time with BA and only due to dates having been dedicated Virgin customers. We upgraded to "Premium Economy" and apart from the extra leg room (ideal for hubby but no odds to me at 5'3"). No benefit and total waste of money at almost double cost of upgrading with Virgin! Service was not great and food was awful - "welcome on board" drink in Premium Economy was orange juice in round plastic carton. Virgin offers orange juice or champagne in a glass. No idea what food was on offer as no menu provided and just a disgruntled "chicken or beef" response when asked stewardess. Old and tatty plane, very small TVs. First and last time flying with BA - will change dates of holiday in future to ensure Virgin flight. Overall, this over-priced upgrade didn't even compare with Virgin's economy service. I would strongly recommend don't waste your money or better still go with Virgin.

British Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by A Hickling    (UK)

LHR-PHL on a 787 Dreamliner seat 3K. I recommend seats 3K, 3A, 7A and 7K as you get aisle access and no other passengers have to climb over your feet when they leave their seat. The seat does feel a little claustrophobic compared to the upper deck of the 747, but it's very comfortable. The service was outstanding provided by an all male crew. The food quality has improved and so has the menu choices. The entertainment system is excellent as it's the Thales version on the 787, so the screens are bigger and the picture quality is better. The aircraft is also very quiet, and the windows are a gimmick as you dim the windows rather than using the conventional blind.

British Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Collins Denis    (UK)

Travelled with BA from Rome to LHR. Staff at Rome were wonderful, what a contrast to Heathrow. Entirely through my own fault I left my passport on the plane. When I asked for assistance, three members of staff at the "Helpdesk" did anything, but help. In itself this may not seem terrible having got myself into this situation, but when they did finally deign to speak to me they told me the plane had left. I pointed out that the plane was still outside the terminal building. Their response was to ignore me. I finally found one very polite, helpful, well informed and kind person who did help. He was a trolley collector!

British Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Les Bell    (Australia)

London to Budapest on Club World-now I don't even mention the fact that my luggage hasn't arrived but the price for club world is a huge rip off! You can sit in the new "slimline" type of seat-which is thinner than the previous ones and some genius obviously thought that if they put in thinner seats why not squeeze in another 2 extra rows which means that the leg space is less than half as it was in the old days - so exactly like in economy class. So you pay 300 dollars more for 3 stale finger sandwich and a scone - what a bargain! Shame on you BA for the lousy service. Will never fly with them again.

British Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Etienne d'Otreppe    (USA)

We flew Premium Economy on BA from Boston to London then London to Johannesburg. The seats were comfortable and the leg room was ample enough even for an over 6 feet passenger. The flight attendants were very attentive. Having flown Air France Premium economy in September 2013, I must say that the BA Premium Economy is much better than that in the French airline. It was really worth the extra money.

British Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by J Carey    (UK)

This was the first long-haul flight I'd taken for 20 years, and I had high hopes that our London-Cape Town flight would be far more comfortable and pleasant than the budget carriers we've used for European trips. Boy was I wrong - we were squeezed in so tightly it was almost impossible to get out without injuring the poor person in the aisle seat, and when the person in front reclined her seat, my daughter could hardly move - we had to ask a flight attendant to make the person put their seat upright so that we could eat our meals. Even worse - I actually paid extra to choose our seats in advance, thinking that a window and centre seat wouldn't be so bad. Come on British Airways - I know that at the moment they are the only airline offering a direct LHR-Cape Town service, but they can do better than that.

British Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by M Dawes    (UK)

Economy class on 28 Aug from London (LHR) to New York (JFK). Boarding was in Terminal 5 which I love as I can sit Gatwick - Orlando - Gatwick. Club world both ways. B777-200. Worth the money, every penny of it. Crew on the outbound sector were fairly young and were a little rude, seemed like everything was a chore. If you asked for something they hadn't got on the cart, you couldn't have it. Polite enough but not really interested in the passengers. Crew inbound, not being disrespectful but they were older and much nicer. Nothing was too much bother. If they hadn't got it there and then, they got it right away for you. Lie-flat beds comfortable enough and baggage allowance of 3 bags per passenger is great for the shopping. Food and drinks are good however I do think the food on Thomson Airways in premium is better than BA club world. In form of scheduled carriers, British Airways are ten times better than Virgin in so many ways and would fly with BA again no questions asked.

British Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Jim Wickham    (Australia)

I'm regularly flying Perth-Hong Kong-London-Port of Spain these days. Perth to London is via Cathay Pacific business class, which is excellent. Sadly I then have to swap to BA for London to Trinidad, where 'Club World' is a euphemism for 'slum in the sky'. Cathay Pacific business class seats - 4 across the width of the aircraft. BA Club Slum - 8 across. If you're on a night flight that means tripping over people, or being tripped over. Decor is abysmal, service is average to poor. Seat and personal space design is lousy - but there's not much space to work with. Film choice is limited, and the video screen is tiny and reminiscent of old analogue 625 lines TVs of the 80s. The overall impression is a dreary coffin-like space with minimal storage, crummy entertainment, average food and indifferent service. Don't do it! Fly with someone else - anyone else!

British Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Mohamedali Maz    (UK)

Travelled LHR to Montreal, 21st August 2014 and Montreal to LHR, 1st September 2014. Aircraft used was a 777-200 with 4 classes. This sector does not normally offer a First service so business class passengers were spread throughout the First and Club World cabins. All flights were on time and the cabin crew were excellent, especially on the outward leg. Check in and baggage reclaim were smooth and efficient. The lounges at Terminal 5 are looking tired and were rather dirty when we used them. Food choice was limited although I did enjoy the hot soup. Seating in BA is dated and even BA's new First Class seat is rather disappointing when compared to even business class on carries such as Emirates or Qatar. Food is well below par both in terms of quality and quantity. I know BA is struggling to make ends meet but ultimately it has to appreciate that people paying for premium cabins expect a certain experience and the seat and food make up a major element of that experience. I guess there is little competition for BA on the north Atlantic routes, but it helps to explain why their share of routes to the Far East and Australia are diminishing.

British Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by J Epsom    (UK)

Booked a British Airways holiday so that's flight and hotel from London City Airport to Florence Peretola Airport. Either it came up from the BA Rep. or my husband asked about an upgrade to Business Class and was told that would be an extra £300 for the return trip. As it was for a significant birthday he thought why not. Reasons why no-one should bother with this upgrade for this particular flight. 1) No separate BA lounge at either London City or Peretola Airports. 2) Faster boarding? Entirely pointless when you all have to get onto a bus to take you to the aeroplane at Florence. 3) Bigger seats and more leg room? They are small planes so the same throughout. 4) Luggage off first? No point when it takes over an hour to get through customs at Florence. 5) Better meal? Yes, choice of meat or fish. Very nice but worth £75 each? The BA Rep should have told us about the lack of facilities and suggest a hotel upgrade instead. It was a perfectly pleasant flight, the holiday was great but we paid an extra £300 for no reason whatsoever.

British Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Monique Melis    (UK)

When will they learn. I flew BA to Dubai last Friday in business. Let me sum it up. Boring food, surly crew, dirty plane and expensive. Can the product get any more unimaginative. The inflight entertainment was out of touch with modern media, the screen so poor I couldn't see the movie and gave up. The sandwiches that you get when you land are so awful that I think any frequent flyer is awfully fed up with them, the crew make you feel that you are in their way and the plane is (again) horribly dirty. Coffee was spilt on all the wipeable areas around my seat. In business you expect better. It is just not an enjoyable or fun experience by any means and they never upgrade you or take care of their frequent flyers. When I can I chose a different airline.

British Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Lianne Weidmann    (UK)

We flew indirect to Orlando and back - although the Miami/Orlando, Orlando/Dallas and Dallas/London flights were with American Airlines (BA partners). The BA flight BA0209 was an old plane - the staff were great and food alright but the inflight entertainment was poor. Your own screen but no control over the films which all ran at different times. Having only flown Virgin and Singapore long haul, BA rated way behind in all aspects. But that was nothing compared to the 737-300 we flew on with American Airlines from Dallas to London (BA 1531). I understand they are upgrading their fleet and I can see why having flown on the old plane we were unfortunate enough to fly on. The first 20 mins the plane stank like a toilet, to the extent that the level of complaints and people standing in protest delayed take off. The inflight entertainment was a joke - a poor quality shared screen with 30 others, two films and no choice. The crew were the unfriendliest I have ever encountered - no meet and greet or goodbyes. I thought booking through BA would ensure some level of quality and that they would demand a certain level of quality from their partners but unfortunately not. The worst flight ever (we are a family of five) and I will not be flying BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by C Michael    (USA)

Economy class on 28 Aug from London (LHR) to New York (JFK). Boarding was in Terminal 5 which I love as I can sit for some time in Caffe Nero, have a coffee and watch airplanes take off or land. I choose BA just because of their Terminal 5. Boarding went quite smoothly and the flight was full. It took about 40 minutes till we actually took off after the time we were supposed to. The seat I had wasn't comfortable, the cushion was moving and the seat wasn't firm. The inflight entertainment had a limited choices of movies which was disappointing and the screens were small and sometimes were not working. Flight attendants were all women who were polite and smiling, they did their best to make it a pleasurable flight. Toilets were clean. The headphones were broken and I had to ask for new ones. We landed on time. It took 15 minutes till the plane could park, and then another 30 minutes to get off because, as the captain informed us, there was a long line at immigration and we would have to wait for them to give us the go ahead. Inside Terminal 7 there was a huge line, it took 2.5 hours to finally reach an officer. This was by far the most annoying and tiring experience I have had. To land at 10.45pm and get out at 2am is just too much. I will now choose an airline that lands in a terminal which can handle large numbers of passengers more effectively.

British Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Paul Ingram    (UK)

Travelled as a family of four to the Maldives. Despite numerous requests many weeks in advance we didn't get seats together on the outbound journey. The plane was old and the entertainment system antiquated. This seems to be an issue on BA routes with little competition, it was a similar story when we flew club to Mauritius. On that trip the entertainment system failed all together. On the return journey from Male I watched what I thought to be a three part crime drama called "the tunnel". Only after watching the third part did I discover that there was a fourth or more! Why? Why would you not have all the story? This experience aside many airlines have better entertainment systems in economy than the BA service in business on this route. When you are paying this kind of money to take two children business class you want good entertainment to keep them occupied. They don't need the space! Would also have been nice to sit together! Food was grim, my ten year old son who normally devours everything ate nothing on both legs of the trip. A ten hour flight with travel at either end is a long time without food. There seemed to be a hurry to serve the food, throw a bottle of water at you, and then shut down service until an hour before arrival. On the outbound journey I pressed the service button, after 15 minutes it self cancelled. Pressed again, 15 minutes later it self cancelled. I returned my glass to the galley myself, the staff were so busy chatting amongst themselves they didn't notice me. Presumably this is why they didn't see the service request either. On the return trip service was a little chaotic and well below standards you should expect. Food was equivalently poor. This is the second BA business class trip I've taken to the Maldives and each time I have been disappointed given the cost. I've also travelled economy on Emirates to Male which was actually better, and business on Emirates, which was fantastic. I know BA have monopoly on the direct route from Gatwick to Male but I will be going via Dubai on Emirates in future.

British Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by R Tompkins    (UK)

Boston return. Very quick check-in at Heathrow let down by slow fast track (but that's the airports fault). B gate lounge quiet, nice refreshments-I don't think the children's games consoles have worked in the entire time T5 has been open. Short walk to boarding, full plane, left slightly early, landed well ahead of schedule. Crew excellent, worked hard throughout. Decent food as well (again). Entertainment out on new system good, older system back not as good and screen not in best order. Return flight same comments pretty much except my wife's video system didn't work on way back so they just let her sit in first!. Keep it up BA.

British Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by W Simpson    (Thailand)

BKK-LHR-EDI-LHR-BKK Outbound flight up to standard, but not above and beyond, but this is standard in BA, which cannot compare with the top tier airlines. Return flights similar. Faults lay in ground services at EDI and T5 in LHR, the latter overcrowded and rather scruffy. Return flight had no magazines, ("they forgot to load"), or individual bottled water, ("they forgot to load"). Have a need to return to UK, so will try an alternative, (which is a night flight). Why did BA stop night flights last autumn?

British Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Debbie Nicol    (UK)

LGW-MCO-LGW, 11-25th August, Economy Class. Got to the gate lounge to be told our seats has been reallocated to another seat this was the reason why - it was because there was a big family party that didn't want to separate - considering I paid a lot of money for my family to sit all together. Got on to the plane thinking it would be the same as Virgin Atlantic but no it wasn't it was an old plane tatty one as well. Food and drinks were limited on the whole 9 hour flight no snacks on board. The food was limited and when we got ours the people in front decide to recline there chairs in front so within that we have told hold our dinners luckily we didn't get burnt. Well sorry BA next time I am flying with VA!

British Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by L Gainsford    (UK)

LGW-Faro return 19th/26th Aug Economy 2 adults, 2 children. Whole experience from Check In to arrival in Faro outstanding. As a regular traveller on this route have now got used to the ex BMI airbuses on this route, the seating is perfectly comfortable despite the reduced seat pitch and have never had any problems when requesting more than one drink during the flight. The crew were fantastic in both directions and were totally service orientated from start to finish. Only one minor issue and that is the only one toilet at the rear for the whole economy cabin!

British Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Saagar Chohan    (UK)

I have flown twice with BA now in business class (to and from Delhi) and I have to say, it has been absolutely poor! Me and a few colleagues flew out to New Delhi for a business trip. BA were the pioneers of aircraft's after all they did create The Concorde. Key word in that is "were" they've basically turned into a no frills airline. Allow me to explain: The blue worn carpets, padded fabric seats with stains, worn out grey plastic panels with little grains of grit and dirt get into and a TFT which had the same image quality as VHS tape! The decor looks like it was directly taken out of the 1980 film Airplane! You still get the odd knock on the legs when economy passengers are boarding then plane with hand luggage as there is no private space! Staff were fine, but flying business class, a customer should get a wow factor - and there was none. The plastic translucent slider that divides the seats had been battered from being shifted up and down when the crew serve the food and drinks. The toilets are exactly the same as economy except in Business class they stick a plastic flower in a glass. The food was OK, but again nothing special. Normally its the little things that make the differences but with BA they need a total make over. For a flight that happens everyday from London to Delhi, BA should be doing more. The decor of the plane matched the experience I got with BA, dull. I won't be flying long haul with them again. My advice - avoid BA, and before you book your flights have a look online at what other airlines can offer you.

British Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Michael Orr    (UK)

Flew from London to Doha on a newly refurbished 777. Smooth ride through airport and pleasant staff on hand to help. Boarding was on time but there was a slight delay which put us back by half an hour and delayed take off. Captain was good at keeping us informed. Cabin Crew friendly enough but seemed tired in their service and no smile. Food was average and not anything to write home about. I felt I had to eat quickly as the flight attendant was waiting for me to finish my last bite with a stern look! Inflight entertainment was excellent and kept me entertained throughout the six hours you have got an array of movies, TV, games and Music to choose from. Seats were really comfy and I got a good kip. Overall an enjoyable experience and I would definitely fly BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Peter Ford    (UK)

ATL to LHR: Boeing 777 (Economy). I've just returned from a family holiday in the USA and flew BA Economy. The flight was slightly delayed, but most of this delay was made up during the journey. Staff were pleasant and the IFE was fine. However, the food was terrible. Main meal was a choice of Chicken Curry and Rice or a Veggie Pasta. Breakfast before landing was a cold box consisting of a Croissant, bag of Cranberries and a Granola Bar. What has happened to the 2 meat choices? (Veggies choose veggie option in advance) and a cooked breakfast? BA have a British flag on the tail, but do not serve any British food. I'm a Silver Executive Club member and food on BA has been deteriorating over the last couple of years. I've made several complaints.

British Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by I Raymond    (UK)

Flew LHR to Muscat return in Club World on a 777-200 (G-ZZZA). Loyal BA customers and have flown Club World many times. BA long haul fleet starting to show it's age, cabins looking a bit old and some of the equipment not working as it should. On our flight my TV would not stay in position and kept falling back into it's default position (and therefore not viewable). Had to stuff some coffer cup protectors under the pivot arm to keep it in place. This is not the type of quality you expect when you are paying several thousand for your flights. Food and service very good as usual. BA need to make sure that they inspect and make sure that everything works in the Clud cabin, every trip! When you paying the sort of money a club or first ticket costs you expect everything to be perfect. Agee with other comments about Club World layout, it is starting to annoy me, climbing over someone's legs to get out to use the toilet! Generally still think BA is a good quality product but haven't tried Emirates, Qatar etc. yet!

British Airways Customer review :  2 September 201 by Russ King    (UK)

SIN-LHR, BA12, B747-436, First Class. Old aircraft (1998) with seats that are not that private but there are only a few of us in the cabin so ok. A bit tatty but I think the planes are being replaced by A380's soon. Seat itself is comfortable enough. Inflight Entertainment awful: fuzzy screen (low resolution LCD screen, way passed it's sell-by date) with limited options. Inconveniently has to be pulled around to be seen, and put away for t/off and landing. seat comfortable enough for sleeping. Food and service quintessentially English which is the only real reason to fly BA nowadays - the product just doesn't match other airlines. Toilet cramped and awful but it has a window!

British Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Russ King    (UK)

BA15, LHR to SIN, B777-300ER, First Class: nice a (four months old) but a few signs of wear already. The seat (2K) was reasonably private and reasonably quiet. Useful wardrobe with enough space to put various items and shoes but the seat has almost no other storage space. Things have to be left loose in the foot-well area. Footrest doubles as a buddy seat although his would be rather cramped I'd imagine. Seat itself fine and comfortable. Good enough to get reasonable sleep on a 12hr journey. Cabin lighting and temperature perfect. View of outside restricted by the angle of the seat - just when it is interesting (t/off and landing) you are strapped in and cannot see all the fun outside - the child in me I guess! Food and service excellent. The toilets - wow - a flimsy concertina door, poor water supply into small bowl so not really good for brushing teeth. Middle-eastern airlines are so much better - BA really has to re-think. Overall BA First Class is equivalent to others Business class. Cabin crew very attentive - if only they had a better product to work with.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Shilen Bhimjiyani    (UK)

LHR-LAX and ORD-LHR. Great crew on both flights. The new aircraft are great although I preferred the 777-300ER to the A380 as the journey was more comfortable and more legroom at the back off the 777. BA really have upped their game and would happily fly with them again in the future.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Donnelly Chris    (UK)

I flew from Singapore to Heathrow on a B747, which is certainly an ageing aircraft that showed its age. I think this is one of BA's main let-downs. The inflight entertainment was slightly disappointing. There wasn't a single movie that I fancied, but then I suppose everyone has different tastes. I did listen to some music though. The service on board was generally good, at least on the side of the aircraft I was on. The stewardess who served was very kind and attentive. The food was good, although I got a sense that something was missing from the meal overall. It wasn't highly appealing. I also find the seats comfortable, they are softer than those on Singapore Airlines. I slept very well, and I'm not usually one to sleep particularly well on flights. BA can certainly improve in some aspects, but overall I have found them a pleasure to travel with.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Tibble Simon    (UK)

BA2590, 20 Aug, LGW TO BRI. We checked in online so only had to drop baggage and clear security. Wrong, what a chaotic system BA were running. Everyone who checked in online had to wait in a very long line to simply have their bags tagged and sent on their way by a member of BA staff. If this is the case then please get all the counters working and clear the queue quickly. Pity the poor people who squeezed their way to the self check in and bag tagged their bags only to be told to join the same line. I can not understand how the system is supposed to be more efficient. We then had the situation of BA staff dragging people out of the line, as they were going to miss their flight. Even the very nice BA staff member who did our bag tags could not explain what went wrong. Flight was delayed on boarding due to flight coming in late. No issue with boarding or the staff on board all very helpful. We have a drink and wrap which was very good. Captain kept us informed of the delay and we landed 30 mins late, and he did apologise again for late arrival. Please Gatwick BA sort out check in.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Karam Kandola    (UK)

LHR-YYZ. Checked in at 10.00am for my 13.10 departure. Check in was quick. Then proceeded through Fast Track which was not "Fast". The lounge was quite busy, but the staff were very helpful. Departed on time and before take off were offered drinks. We were on the new B787, so the aircraft was nice and clean. I sat in 1F. It converted into a flat bed which was good. About 20 mins into the flight the drinks run came through. When then we asked for what we will having for lunch. I choose the Salmon for starters which was excellent. For mains I choose the chicken option which was good, but the veg was very hard. Finally, I choose the ice cream for dessert. Landed on time and got our bags quickly.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by M Green    (UK)

I flew from London to Sydney Club World / Business Class. Having done similar OZ flights recently with Qatar Airlines, the experience was like comparing the Premium to Third Division football clubs. Everything about BA was shoddy, shabby and second rate - so sad. Numerous examples from the Business Lounge, the lay out of the cabin, the comfort of the seats, privacy, food, service - all second rate. And for about £2 K extra flight cost. Why? I would seriously consider flying to Sydney via Perth next time - longer but an experience where you arrive feeling caressed, not bundled along. Really pains me to say this - a very poor way to present a country's airline.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by A Razak    (UK)

BA12, 15th August 2014. In my mind that when I bought the BA tickets it would be a great flight experience based on their reputation as a 4 star airline. It turned out to be totally wrong. I used to travel with other airlines, it seems that my flight experience with BA from Changi Airport to Heathrow was the worst in so many ways. Not worth money spent at all! Firstly, the seat space was really small (I cant imagine those who are bigger than I am, because I am a medium size person). Secondly, the proportion of food served was not generous in comparison to other airlines. They only served food twice for that 12 hour long haul journey. Thirdly, the service was considered moderate and it seemed like no one cared about the toilets in economy class (no one bothered to top up the toilet rolls). Lastly, the inflight entertainment was so back dated. The movies selection must have been 2 years old. Flimsy earphones and outdated screens. All in all, an unhappy customer.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Alan Thompson    (UK)

Bari to Gatwick. This flight seems to be late on a regular basis. Three times an hour late and once two hours late this summer of the four times I was involved. Seems the summer schedule is very optimistic Check-in at Bari is hopeless, always queues and 'bag drop' seems to be used by travellers with ticketing problems. Boarding is poor, regularly left to wait in a hot air bridge between the gate and the plane. None of this done by BA staff but they are doing BA's reputation no good, seemingly using the level of service expected with the low cost carriers that also go to London. Onboard though is always good, despite the age of the planes. Fair choice of drinks and a good sandwich, nice crew. My flight ended with a 50 minute wait for luggage. A lot for BA to address here.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by D Barge    (UK)

Gatwick to Cancun, 777-200, club world return in July. Old plane which I think BA use out of Gatwick. Food - I can't understand how they can get it so wrong. We flew Virgin upperclass to Cancun but had to use BA this year due to date's, will not use BA again. Cabin crew not too bad but could be better. Save your money or go with Virgin.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Sansom Chris    (UK)

LHR-MAD-LHR, BA458/463 out on A319 G-EUOE and return on B763 G-BZHB excellent flights both ways. The cabin service was very good and I got the seating as requested, nice refurbished B763 on the return journey. Definitely my choice of carrier.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by B Wijesinghe    (USA)

DXB-LHR, B777-200ER, BA0108, August 18, First Class. Transferred from an Emirates flight in DXB. BA DXB Galleries Lounge reception staff member excellent. Boarding reasonable, with an on-time departure. Cabin crew outstanding, and definitely lived up to the "To Fly. To Serve" BA slogan. Food tasty and well presented, but not quite First Class, and cost-cutting was evident. The New First seat is comfortable, though the footrest is poorly designed, and a storage area for small inflight items is missing. IFE monitor, controls and selection very good, but the screen could be more adjustable for reach. Lovely cabin ambience, including colors, textures, mood lighting and window blinds. Toilets cramped and stocked with the cheapest liquid soaps and toilet paper. Overall, an enjoyable flight, but as a longstanding and very loyal BA customer (Gold Tier), I ask that they seriously consider improving their product in an increasingly competitive market. Arrived a little late at LHR, with remote stand disembarking and bus transfer to T5.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by R Vines    (UK)

I flew from Gatwick to Rome and back on holiday and was pleasantly surprised by the standard of food and service. The salad on the outward flight was exceptional and the steward on the return leg (in a near-full cabin) was anticipating what passengers might want. BA food baffles me. I've flown First a few times in the past few years and the food was so bad, I thought BA should pay compensation as well as refunding the flight ticket. In Business, it is usually OK. The only letdown this time was the lounge at Gatwick. It was like a Ryanair holding pen.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by David Paton    (UK)

On 28th July flew from Edinburgh to Gatwick. Flight was delayed 3 hours as it had been hit by lightening on the flight, this we accepted but what happened afterwards means I will never use them again. 1) Information or details of what was happening had to bedraggled out of them. 2) At no time was any refreshment offered. 3) The flight was further delayed to allow people to transfer back onto this flight when they choose to be transferred to a later flight rather than wait to see what was happening this lead to a further delay of 1 hour. 4) No breakfast or snack was served for health and safety reasons. 5) Although they stated we would be well hydrated during the flight only one drink service was provided, this consisted of 4 fluid oz cup of water between 7.00am and 2.30pm. 6) They then proceeded to leave our luggage at Edinburgh while we travelled to Gatwick. 7) After giving us the run around for an hour and a half they then decided to tell us they could not track our bags. 8) It then took them two days to locate them and send them from Edinburgh to Gatwick. Would I use again or recommend - never in a month of Sundays.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by P Priyanu    (Germany)

I flew from Munich to Boston via Heathrow T5 (15 August 2014): Munich to Heathrow first flight out of Munich at 7.20. The flight was good, leaving on time but due to flight delayed arriving from London the night before, so we did not get breakfast served on business class. From Heathrow T5 to Boston as the flight was nice but the business seat was OK nothing special in comparison to other Airline like Iberia business which is much nicer. The cabin crew was nice and friendly, food was nice as I have selected to have only salad instead of hot meal. I managed to have a good rest all the way to Boston after the meal.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Chander Ahluwalia    (USA)

LHR-EWR, Club World. Offered 400 GBP upgrade from Prem Econ a day prior. T5 lounge experience positive - good selection of food which was well labelled. Had a treatment - chair massage and Elemis staff were most attentive. Dreamliner is a great way to fly - although delayed half an hour arrived ahead of time. Felt relaxed - addressed by name throughout and the crew was friendly and yes smiled. Two hot towel services and the multi course dinner was served without fuss. Not sure about the wash bag- although it is more convenient to carry off. Entertainment options are excellent. Baggage waiting for me at carousel. Good flight for BA.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Ravi Mene    (UK)

BA 56, JNB-LHR, 15 August 2014, Business class, A380, upper deck. The flight did not live up to expectations. Too many seats makes business class cabin look crowded, narrow seats with each row facing in opposite direction, no problem with this but this impedes free movement for some of the seats, specially the ones in the middle and window side, also not much space for storage of personal items like specs etc. The window blinds of this section in upper deck were kept lowered through the entire 11 hr flight, with no cue of any outside light whatsoever until we landed at Heathrow and parked to the stand, felt like sitting in a light proof box with artificial illumination. I thought you need to keep the blinds open for landing and take off? The 747 business class is more comfortable than A380.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Jill Young    (UK)

We paid £2500 to upgrade to world traveller plus, when we got to departure lounge we were upgraded to business class which was brilliant but air hostess made a point of letting us known plus other people that we had a free upgrade. On the return journey in world traveller plus not happy, table broken and air steward very sarcastic, food very bad plus stewards seemed as if they were doing you a favour. Paid a lot of money to fly to Maldives, have no choice to fly BA to go direct, stewards male or female need to remember that we are customers paying a lot of money for a service.

British Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Mark Bradley    (UK)

I flew London to Beijing in Club World on BA039 on Aug 7. The cabin was a disgrace. I sat in the upper deck, seat 62A, and what worried me was the filthy window, the metallic looking tape on the emergency exit door and the foam strip that was hanging down. In addition, the carpet, and lockers were filthy inside. Food and service were excellent, but I will vote with my wallet, and boycott BA from now on, wherever possible.

British Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by M Heather    (UK)

LGW-TFS-LGW, Club Europe. Travelled with hand baggage only given the well publicised issues with Swissport baggage handling at LGW. Outbound flight (15/7/2014) was BA at its best. On time departure (a rarity it seems at LGW for BA), A320 in fair condition with additional leg room in Club Europe, and two excellent flight attendants. The return (22/7/2014) was a different story. Probably my worst BA flight ever. Delayed departure from TFS though only about 10 minutes late in arrival at LGW. No additional leg room on this A320 in Club Europe. Lazy cabin crew who did the bare minimum with limited grace. And screaming infants, out of control toddlers and ignorant teenagers in the Club Europe cabin - not the airline's fault but they could have and should have done more to manage the situation. One example - two teenagers in row 1 immediately reclined their seats into the faces of the couple in front of us after take off. The cabin crew didn't even make the teenagers raise their seats during the meal service. All credit to the couple in front of us, though. They had the manners not to recline their seats into our faces. The substantial premium to fly Club Europe is just not worth it when other people's children are not controlled and the promised additional 'personal space' is not provided. Scores are an average of both flights: outbound top marks across the board (bar entertainment, there was none), inbound I would have preferred to score zero.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |