Allegiant Air Passenger Reviews and Allegiant Air Customer Trip Reports

Allegiant Air Passenger Trip Reviews

Allegiant Air detailed 3-Star Ranking

Allegiant Air Aircraft Seat Plans

Allegiant Air Economy class seat reviews

Allegiant Air Customer review :  10 September 2013 by J Paul Remmy    (USA)

You get what you pay for! We have flown with them 6 times and noticed that there is a 50-50 chance that you might make your destination on time (or on the same day). Do not depend on them to get you anyplace on a tight schedule. We always allow 1 day between connections. Departure passengers often sit on the plane for hour(s) - sweating/freezing - while the status of the flight will be reported as "in route". Very often the Flight Staff are a blessing and they have a lot of humor about how bad the service is (In Flight Entertainment!). If Allegiant promises you a refund/voucher, don't hold your breath. SWA will be about the same price once you factor in the extra $$ on bags, seat assignments, old Coke and bagged peanuts.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  9 September 2013 by B Leany    (USA)

Attempted to fly my sister out from Oakland to Reno during the first week of their new route. She was supposed to leave at 5pm and arrive at 5.55pm. The plane has now been delayed 3 times and now projects a 4 hour delay, which is the amount of time it took me to drive the same distance last weekend. When I inquired with the airline about the delay they replied "we have no information about the reason for the delay". When I expressed my own concern about a delay that was so long given the length of the route, they did not seem concerned and instead gave me a canned answer about variability in reasons a flight is delayed. I wish I had read the reviews on here before purchasing a ticket. Apparently a flight schedule for Allegiant is kind of like throwing a penny in a wishing well.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  9 September 2013 by T Hughes    (Canada)

Flew Allegiant for the first time from Bellingham to Maui. Flights were fantastic (left on time and arrive in Maui 30 minutes early). We are a family of 4 from British Columbia, Canada and by flying Allegiant, we were able to save over $3,000 in air fare. The flight wasn't full so you could spread out between the seats or sleep on 3 if you wish. We brought our own food and purchased bottle water at the airport. Yes, the planes are basic and don't have TV's etc. but if you're prepared (bring your own portable DVD players, cards, books etc) the flight was good (actually spent time talking to our kids rather than having their noses stuck to their phones). Would definitely fly Allegiant again, already planning our next trip!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  4 September 2013 by Laura Keith    (Canada)

Niagara Fall to Clearwater. Waited close to 12 hours on the trip down only to have it cancelled late that night. We were not allowed to leave the airport, let alone go outside for some fresh air. Staff at the airport were very accommodating and apologetic, however the person who was calling the shots on how to handle the issues missed the ball entirely. Finally got out the next morning with another 2 hour delay. Coming home there was another mechanical issue with our plane and we were delayed another 4 hours. An awful experience.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  3 September 2013 by Linda Jones    (Canada)

Flew from Niagara Fall to Clearwater. It was supposed to be a 3 day get away. Waited close to 12 hours on the trip down only to have it cancelled late that night, there were no other planes available. The staff at the airport were very accommodating and apologetic, however the person who was calling the shots on how to handle the issues missed the ball entirely. We finally got out the next morning. There were quite a few Allegiant planes at the terminal the next morning, not sure where they were the day before. Coming home there was another mechanical issue with our plane and we were delayed another 2 hours. We've flown many times and have never experienced any lengthy delays like this one. Our whole trip was book thru Allegiant, waiting on rebates, hope that comes on time!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  30 August 2013 by Gorgenia Datayan    (Canada)

Got what we paid for. Yes the airfare is cheap, however, when you starting adding up the extras it will amount to the same price. We flew from Bellingham, WA to Honolulu, it was about a 6 hr flight. The seats do not lean back. Therefore, for the whole 6 hours you are sitting straight up. We will never fly Allegiant Air again. Customer service is horrible both on the phone and onboard. They are unknowledgeable. I hope Allegiant is reading these reviews and take notice.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  27 August 2013 by K Veenstra    (USA)

I paid for carry on luggage since I was only on a 3 day trip to PIE out of LEX. I requested wheelchair assistance, which they provided without problems. The kids who brought me to and from the gate at both airports were great. Boarding the plane in LEX, the flight attendant looked at me as I got out of the wheelchair and looked at my carry-on. She asked if I could lift it and I said no, I would need help. She practically ripped it from my hands and said "well, I can't do it for you" and said it would be gate checked. I let that go, but on the return flight, again I was asked if I needed help and again I said yes. She threw it in the overhead and said "next time, check it!". I will gladly pay more for another airline to avoid flying with them again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  23 August 2013 by P Williams    (USA)

Sanford to South Bend and back. Flight home was Sunday Aug 18th 2013. I do fly this airline but things keep changing and flights getting cancelled. My complaint is that 2 travelers flying together, getting tickets at the same time and paying with 1 credit card are put in two different rows. This is 2013 when you can do anything with technology. When I addressed this onboard I was spoken to rudely. My theory is I was being punished for not paying for my seat and other passengers agreed.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  24 August 2013 by Baylee Welch    (USA)

I was on a flight from Montana to Las Vegas. Plane arrived 2 hours late, was not given a reason or an apology. Once everyone boarded the and were just about to take off (or so we thought), the plane had "technical difficulties" and we were forced to sit on the parked plane for another hour and a half! The flight attendants were rude, and did nothing to make us feel comfortable as we sat there with no explanation as to what was even going on, or when we'd be leaving. I then missed my connecting flight because we were five hours late getting to the airport, and was stranded in the Las Vegas airport by myself, forced to spend $540 on a new ticket to my final destination to Chicago. They charge you for every bag, the service is unbelievably poor. They do not care about their customers.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  23 August 2013 by K Hollingsworth    (Canada)

We travelled for 3 years on Allegiant from various locations in Montana and Sioux Falls, as flights were a great deal and they were direct flights to LA. Last year, the charges for carry on luggage were introduced, and that was just about a deal breaker. Then, when we had to exit from the back of the plane on the LAX landing strip after two hours in the plane due to another mechanical problem, after having waited approx. 3 hours on our trip down the week earlier due to mechanical problems, that was the last straw. We no longer felt safe on this airline, the numerous mechanical delays you read on this website site attest to this. It was a good airline once. It was a good value once. No more.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  14 August 2013 by Kathryn Daley    (USA)

A week ago our daughter and granddaughter travelled on a direct flight from LAX to Billings, MT. They were to arrive at 8.05pm. They arrived at 1.50am. A 6 hour delay. They were given $8 in food vouchers. Since we are an hour from the airport, we didn't get to bed until 3.30am. Shockingly enough, just 7 days later, on their return flight yesterday, they were again delayed. This time 7 hours! They were supposed to leave at 8.05pm but were delayed until 2.50am. They didn't arrive home until 7.45am. This time they got $8 food vouchers and $50 trip vouchers, which are useless as we will never use this airline again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  14 August 2013 by C Loehr    (USA)

Their rates aren't that cheap after totalling all of the add-ons and my time is much more valuable! Arrived at the gate in Vegas exactly 1 hour before we were to leave. They did not start boarding until 20 minutes before plane was to take off, it took almost 45 minutes for them to get the plane loaded. After waiting in line to take off, we were almost an hour late leaving Las Vegas. When we landed in Grand Junction, another Allegiant jet was in our space. We sat on the tarmac again. They had two people to work both planes! Luggage was another hour. A 57 minute flight took us 5.5 hours! We could have driven from Grand Junction to Las Vegas in the time it took us for this direct fight.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 August 2013 by Dave Merrell    (USA)

Four hour flight delay leaving Provo, UT for Oakland, CA which meant that I would be missing the meeting I was going to. Flew to Oakland and on the return trip I had an 8 hour wait. Both times it was mechanical problems. They kept announcing vouchers they would be giving out. Everyone thought they would be for future tickets but instead they gave $6 food vouchers.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 August 2013 by Judi James    (USA)

Arrived at Peoria, Il. airport 2 hours early, on July 22. Instead of leaving at 5.20pm, because of problems we didn't leave until 10.20pm. Arrived in Las Vegas at 1.40am, arrived at our hotel at 4.15am. We could have almost saved a night's lodging. Returning from Las Vegas to Peoria, 2 hrs. late - they were short a plane! 40 Minutes on the tarmac, doing paperwork. All in all, it was not a bargain experience.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 August 2013 by C Grant    (USA)

I took my first and last flight on Allegiant, had to go to Montana for business. Flight to Montana was over 3 hours late. Flight leaving Montana (different city) was over 8 hours late, sat on plane for 2 hours with the same excuses as outbound. Replacement plane had to be flown in from AZ. but it wouldn't arrive for 2-3 hours. 30 mins later the plane coming from AZ is no longer going to come. The Allegiant reps at the ticket counter were not able to change a passengers ticket to a different flight, had to call the customer service number. Was on hold for 1.5 hours trying to talk to customer service. Ended up missing my Southwest connection in Vegas.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 August 2013 by Joseph Portmann    (USA)

Flew from Boise Idaho to Las Vegas on August 1, 2013 - flight #469 delayed 3 hours. Return flight #468 from Las Vegas on August 4 was delayed 4 hrs and 40 minutes. Sat on the tarmac for about 1.25 hours of the LAS to BOI delay due to a mechanical issue. No complimentary drinks (alcohol), nor complimentary vouchers for future flights were offered for either of these delays. I am a MVP Gold with Alaska and Preferred/Premier with Delta. Any time this happens with either of these airlines there is always something offered due to the inconvenience. First and last time for me flying Allegiant Air.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 August 2013 by A Tindell    (USA)

Pasco to Las Vegas 3x, to Mesa 2x and Los Angeles 2x. You don't fly Allegiant if you expect comfortable seats, warm service or even being on time. It's a relatively inexpensive ride, that's all. Bring your own drinks and food. Get to the airport a couple hours before the flight. Don't show up with overweight bags. Expect flight delays. Expect skeletal staff that's worked to the bone doing multiple tasks. Don't fly Allegiant if it's a really significant trip like attending a wedding or going to Hawaii. Don't get same-day-as-flight show tickets in Vegas. If you play defence like that and expect nothing more than bare minimum, no frills travel, then Allegiant isn't a bad way to fly. The longest delay I ever had was a 3 hour delay leaving Pasco for Vegas. It killed that evening there but we hadn't booked and shows that evening either. Just flew to Los Angeles this past weekend. Short, acceptable delay going down. Return flight an hour delay because they initially didn't have a flight crew. That was a new one. But they flew faster and we arrived only 45 min late which is essentially on-time for Allegiant.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  5 August 2013 by L Turner    (USA)

I have flown Allegiant about 8 times in the last 18 months. It is a great deal when everything goes according to plan. I think in the last few months there have been more and more problems. And to have your flight cancelled and rescheduled for the next day after waiting in an airport for 5-7 hours is extremely poor customer service. Staff seems to do the best they can under the circumstances. Lately I have not been getting very good rates either by the time everything is added in. I'm back to flying Delta.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  2 August 2013 by C Hjelmeland    (USA)

Great for the price. Even with the extra charges for baggage stored in overhead and paying the small fee for a selected seat to ensure we all sat together, the total cost per person was still half compared to using a major airline. We flew from Mesa, AZ to Rochester, MN round trip and there was only about a 30 minute delay at departure and about a 45 minute delay for the return flight. You can also save on baggage fees by paying a head on line any time before check-in. For only a 2.5-3 hour flight, the tight seating was bearable. I would hope for a longer flight that they use a larger airplane with more room for comfort.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  1 August 2013 by R Bryant    (USA)

I have taken 3 flights from Des Moines IA to Las Vegas the last 3 years. Overall the price was good, flights on time and staff friendly. Even with the added costs of luggage, seat purchase etc the airline is still cheaper than others. The older MD 83 aircraft are a cause for concern and I am aware from friends that they have higher than average delay rate. I will still fly them because of price and non-stop service. All airlines have problems.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  31 July 2013 by D Messier    (USA)

My granddaughter was supposed to take her first solo trip today. I had her to the airport well in advance. The board said that her flight was to be delayed 1.5 hrs. When she had made it through security, I left her. I got home at 2.00 in the afternoon, thinking she would be boarding around 3.00. The day progressed and she finally boarded, thinking her flight would be leaving at 5.00. Well, they eventually took everyone off the plane, then put them back on, then took them off again. I picked her up around 7.00. She had been told that the plane would leave at 8am and that information could be found online to make the changes. We can't find anything online, so we hold, and we hold, and we hold. This is one of the worst experiences ever.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  31 July 2013 by S Samra    (Canada)

Stranded at Las Vegas McCarran International airport for 5 hours. Told that our original flight with 200+ passengers was delayed due to aircraft issues to 12.30pm and was scheduled for 9am. At 12.30pm told that it was delayed again until further notice. All we were offered were $8 meal vouchers and soda cans/water. Now we are told that an empty plane is coming for us from Phoenix. Seems like this airline is always having issues. It is possoble that our flight will be rescheduled until tomorrow morning. It is currently 2pm and we have no notice as to when/if we will be departing.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  30 July 2013 by T Fletcher    (USA)

I have flown with Allegiant a few times over the last couple of years. They fly to the city closest to my daughter (St. Pete, FL to Plattsburgh, NY). Generally the best value and location for me and good service. All airlines have mechanical problems from time to time but I do worry about the age of the planes. They had plane trouble today (July 29) again and bussed passengers from Albany, GA to St. Pete, FL. I am planning a trip for November and contemplating my options based on today's flight problems.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  24 July 2013 by K Welch    (USA)

I will never fly with Allegiant again. We booked a flight from Provo UT to Oakland and back. A simple 1.5 hrs flight. Not so! Both flights had a 4 hour delay. The only compensation given was a complementary drink. Planes are to old and need to be replaced. The seats do not recline and carry on bags are $25. You can take your chances but I never will again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  22 July 2013 by K Panzner    (USA)

My mother flew myself, husband and our two minor kids from Ft.Wayne Ind to Tampa/ST.Pete. When we boarded, the flight attendant told us to throw out the drinks we came on plane with, even though their website says you can bring food and drinks on board. Staff very rude. On way home the plane was in horrible conditions. We were unable to sit with our minor kids, but some fellow travelers did switch seats with myself and my 7 yr old daughter. Never again will I fly them.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  18 July 2013 by J Riddle    (USA)

My wife flew Allentown-Sanford one way on July 7, and all went smoothly. No hassle printing out online boarding pass with aisle seat assigned for free, no security hassles at under-utilized ABE airport, flight smooth, was actually due in 10 minutes early but in fact arrived on time. She was travelling with a personal item only, so no extra fees to her rock bottom one way fare. I agree with prior reviewers that their fees do add up quickly, so plan accordingly. Also keep in mind Allegiant flies from small airports, which generally mean higher fares, so at least you get the non stop service with them. Also bear in mind if you suffer a delay, which is common with all airlines these days, this could have been time wasted with 1-2 hours at a hub airport. As in most customer service reviews, people quickly point out the bad without reporting the good. My advise is give them a try and judge for yourself.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  17 July 2013 by M Hirsch    (USA)

Waiting at the airport more than 5 hours and still here. The management keeps telling us stories. I am flying from GSP to FLL. I come to GSP each year to visit my kids at summer camp. They pulled the same thing last year. I will never fly them again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  16 July 2013 by Bob Johnson    (USA)

Booked 3 passengers at the same time from Mesa to Duluth. Each seat was in a different row. Seriously? Another way to get you to pay money. Flight left at 6.45 am - we were told that once we were at altitude, they would be coming around with the snack cart where all items were for sale, however no coffee or tea, but they had a full assortment of alcoholic beverages. Really? I can't get coffee but I can buy a beer? No thanks! No delays on the flight, but waited for an hour for our bags at baggage claim. Spend the extra money and fly another airline.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  11 July 2013 by S Vivian    (Canada)

I get that this is a bare bones service but when an airline resorts to intentionally separating people because they didn't pay to choose a seat, that's going too far. Not only that, on a 2/3 full aircraft (both ways) they wouldn't let us move. This was on a flight between Bellingham and Honolulu in January 2013 and instead of impressing us with their value, they were mean spirited in an attempt to extort a few more bucks. We won't fly Allegiant again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  10 July 2013 by G Rudell    (USA)

Ft Lauderdale to Greenville. Seems to be a consistent theme on this site. 4.25 scheduled departure - actual departure - midnight. Reason - 'mechanical' issues. There were 40+ kids on our flight heading to camp and still had a 2 hour drive to NC after we landed.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  10 July 2013 by James Hoar    (Canada)

Nov 2012, we flew out of Bellingham, family of 5, 2 adults, 3 under 12. We saved almost $1000 flying Allegiant, the parking was where we saved as well as Allegiant flies into smaller airports. Check in was fine, and we paid for assigned seating. Well worth it as we were 5 and we had the first row. The seats were fine, no complaints. Flight left on time. The cabin crew were nice and attentive. No high pressure sales. My kids loved the snack packs they sold on board and I didn't mind paying for them, they were not that expensive. The plane was clean, but they are older so there has to be some wear and tear. Flight times were exactly as mentioned. We paid for 5 carry-ons. Coming back we were delayed 4 hours at LAX and had to move to another gate. Yet when we boarded the flight was good. So with the small fees and delays, I being not wealthy will continue to fly Allegiant.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  10 July 2013 by J Aumann    (USA)

Flights both ways from Vegas to RFD and back went well. Flight out was on time. Plane was clean and seats were comfortable. Staff very friendly and courteous. Experienced good communication from staff and pilots re: gate change, need for full runway, slightly warmer cabin until engines full on, and longer taxiing and, delay about an hour on return flight. Airline does charge for both carryon and checked bags and food/beverages, but this is mentioned on their website. Smaller plane, so important carry on baggage meets their specifications which is listed on their website. I had no problems re: carryon, checking in, and printing online boarding pass. Overall, a good experience with them. Would fly them again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  5 July 2013 by Marsha Parry    (USA)

First time and last time flying Allegiant. Flew from South Bend to St. Pete. First flight delayed 3 hrs. We had just begun take offf when we stopped abruptly and were told there was a gauge problem. We had to deplane while we waited for the maintenance crew to drive back to the airport! On the flight home, we were delayed an hour again due to an air-conditioning problem. Sat on a very warm plane and finally left after the captain said we could fly with one air conditioner working. No free drinks were offered for all these inconveniences which were significant! The low price of fares is also not worth it because you have to pay for everything from checked bags to overhead bags and seat assignment.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  4 July 2013 by Bert Hansen    (USA)

Plane was 3 hours late. After arriving in LV we had to sit on the tarmac for 3/4 hour until a gate opened up. They are trying to run an airline to maximize someone's profit at the expense of customer service.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  4 July 2013 by J Carlson    (USA)

We signed up for text alerts for the 6/28 flight from Punta Gorda, FL to Springfield, IL. As expected, we received alerts that the flight was delayed from 3.20 pm to 6.35 pm. Instead of sitting at the airport for a few hours waiting, I chose to arrive 1.5 hours before the flight was scheduled to leave, at 5.10 pm. When I arrived I learned that TSA closes at 5.00. There were no Allegiant employees at the ticket counter and when we attempted to contact "customer service" we waited for over 1 hour, only to be disconnected and then called back to be hung up on. Told that we still had to be at the airport 2 hours ahead of the original scheduled flight. Why would they offer text alerts if they still expect you to be at the airport?

Allegiant Air Customer review :  4 July 2013 by Carole Bernat    (USA)

St Pete to Allentown PA, we were delayed 2 hours and had to deplane, bad weather was ahead. We understand that but then we were put back on the plane and it was thunder and lightning and we were delayed another 1.5 hrs onboard, arriving 3.5 hours late. On our return flight 5 days later, arrived to be told of a 2 hour delay, finally they pushed up the time for boarding after 1.5 hours and we were in the air close to our destination an announcement was made that we could not land in St Pete Fl and would have to go to Tampa and they would shuttle us to St Pete. There was no organization and I and 3 others waited forever for a wheelchair and then had no one to push them. We finally got going about an hour later and couldn't even find any shuttle buses, so we had to rent car in Tampa.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  4 July 2013 by T Boisvert    (Canada)

Travelled from Niagara Falls to Sanford FL. Left us in airport for 10 hours including 1.5 hours boarded on a plane without air with temps over 100 degrees. Finally cancelled flight and had to come back next day. There was not a morsel of food and only pop and water once. Return flight included a three hour delay and one very bad experience. The risk with delays and problems are too great and you too will be disappointed.