New York JFK Airport

"I am appalled"

Not Verified | I am appalled. I live here. We spent 40 minutes waiting for the airplane door to open and then an hour going through security (still waiting). It is very hot. I travel a lot and I’m always sad coming back through us airports compared to other airports I have been.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"The heat was horrendous"

Not Verified | We arrived on Virgin 0153 at 4pm on Thursday 27th June. We passed through Passport Control at 7.22 pm. The heat was horrendous. Little children, babies and elderly people were all standing for hours in horrendous heat. Around half the booths were unmanned. There were few staff to help and signage showed that this was a regular occurrence. The whole place was scruffy, chaotic and a truly shameful introduction to a great nation. All Americans should be outraged that the management of this atrocious facility are providing a shockingly bad first impression of their nation. I have travelled extensively throughout Europe, Asia and Africa and can truly say this was my worst ever introduction to a country that really couldn't care less about the impression it gives to visitors.
Date VisitJune 2019

"third world calibre airport"

Not Verified | Arrived after a Delta international flight. It was 3 pm on a Monday and it looked like every international flight had just landed. Utterly packed at customs with countless snaking, endless lines. No rhyme or reason what kiosk you went to. No order to the queuing. Airport staff just awful, not directing. Waited in line for 1.5 hrs. Then after finally getting through this horror, no directions to connecting flights, hardly any tv screens for departure gate times, they don’t tell you the terminal attached to the gate, so we wound up walking to gate B51, which was endless from customs. Totally antiquated, third world calibre airport. Shocking to see this in NYC. It needs to be demolished and rebuilt from scratch. Barely any seats at crowded terminals gate, hardly any eateries, awful.
Date VisitJune 2019

"Why is everybody so unfriendly?"

Trip Verified | Why is everybody so unfriendly and rude? Are employees selected on that quality? The quality to boss people around, no smiling and not responding to questions. I really don’t understand!
Date VisitJune 2019

"worst customer service ever"

Not Verified | We came in from Spain to the trashiest and worst customer service ever! Absolutely do not fly into this airport! We waited in a line of about 1,000 people with one person working!
Date VisitJune 2019

"bad service and poor customer service"

Not Verified | We arrived at the JFK airport in New York at 7.10 on a Tuesday. Apron arrival of the baggage claim, we were met with bad service and poor customer service. After waiting for an hour for our flight we went to the baggage service area. The workers obviously had better things to do, as it took them another hour to contact their manager. When they finally came, she just sat in the office typing away not helping us or giving us any updates except for saying that they were in fact loaded onto our plane and taken off, but they are unable to figure out where they were. I am on my way to a safari in South Africa, and was already pressed for time. There were two other people waiting there with us who had the same problem. I guess that paying for priority doesn’t mater because, in the end, we still lost our luggage. The moral of the story here is be cautious when flying and try to avoid Delta Air Lines.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"This is the worst service ever"

Trip Verified | Today, I had a very unpleasant experience at JFK Terminal 5 with TSA JetBlue. There is an older TSA who was standing there flexing the line. I informed him that I have 10 minutes before my plane leaves, is there any way to get assistance. I informed him that my family was actually all the way in the front and that I was behind because I had issues with my luggage. I repeated myself several times and he just kept on looking at me and shooing me away. This is extremely unprofessional as I am a manager myself. This is not the type of customer service they should be providing even though he is a TSA member. When I arrived to the check point, I informed another member that wasn’t part of TSA, she had gave me the same inappropriate manner. She said “I can’t do anything, stay in line”. This is the worst service ever. I hope senior managers can coach their employees here at this airport. This can ruin an individuals experience.
Date VisitJune 2019

"Immigration was terrible here"

Not Verified | Immigration was terrible here, no clear queing for automatic machines just a free for all. The camera would not capture my wife's picture she was too short, then it rejected my fingerprints and we ended up in the manual queue. This all took an hour and a half and our bags had been dumped off the carousel by the time we arrived. On our return to come home we had arrived in one part of T4 and had to take a bus to the other part but did not have to redo security, the gates at T4 were crowded and not terribly clean.
Date VisitMay 2019

"This is a horrible airport"

Trip Verified | This is a horrible airport! I will never use this airport again if I can help it. It has a stupid, hard to figure out layout. I had to walk through the rain to change terminals. The gate areas were small and confusing as well. Then when I returned through customs and had some duty-free merchandise I was treated very rudely by a tsa worker in security and had some of my merchandise confiscated even though it was duty free and not brought from outside the airport! This is ridiculous and the worker was a complete jerk about the situation. I consider myself an understanding and patient person but this airport tested both!

"the worst airport"

(Norway)

Not Verified | Insane! I’d never expected New York to have a 3rd world class airport. This is the worst airport I’ve ever been at and I’ve been to a few. I will never return to this airport!