New York JFK Airport

"by far the worst airport"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | JFK is by far the worst airport I've been to. Why don't they have a stroller or something, for family's with small children? No smoking area (its my review, so I write whats important tp me!) once through security, you are stuck at the same 20 something gates, and a handfull of bad cafe's! Very bad airport! Wifi is slow as though from the 1990!
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"It was a horrible experience"

Not Verified | I was disgusted by the treatment of security staff and how they spoke to people and shouted at them. On arrival the staff were hostile (mainly the women) and in departure I overheard one security woman telling her colleague that people are “scared of her” to which she found this to be very amusing, another shouted orders in the face of an old woman telling her to pick up her tray off the floor, she was very intimidating and would have been better suited to working in a prison than in an airport. I was disgusted at this and how these people are a representation of your country, something needs to be done about the way they approach and interact with passengers. Most of the security were stood around in large groups talking and one women was whining about how she hated being theirs and wanted to go home. It was a horrible experience.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"experience was quite positive"

Trip Verified | On Delta Airlines I flew out of Terminal 2 and returned through Terminal 4 for a domestic trip. The terminals differ enormously by size- Terminal 2 is very much smaller and very compact. Terminal 4 is huge with many stores and eateries requiring a lot of walking to and from your gate. On departure, I was surprised at the virtually non-existence security line. The gate areas have large glass panels and high ceilings. Lots of seating with electric power points. Quite a few eating places - including a Wendy’s - for a terminal with less than a dozen gates. My first time in Terminal 2 and highly recommend it. Delta had staff at the terminal entrance to assist you. Terminal 4 was very busy and required a long walk out from my gate. Just outside Terminal 4 is dedicated space for Uber and such service cars to come to pick up clients - this is very convenient. In short, my experience was quite positive and was very pleased with Terminal 2 especially.

"comfortable and modern"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Check-in attendant was grumpy and did not allow us to choose seats. That portion of the airport was boring, but after immigration and security check, you can see lots of shops and restaurants. The ambience is also comfortable and modern. Plenty of accent seats in going to the gates.

"Take a yellow cab"

Not Verified | Just warning everyone not to be stupid like I was. i went to the taxi line and a man in a black suit with a tie said “taxi?” I said yes. He said “the taxi is waiting for you.” It was a black SUV. I told him “this is not a taxi “. He replied that it was an UBER and it was cheaper than a taxi. I have taken taxis before and it was around $60. This driver told me I had to pay $8.50 in tolls. Talked the entire time telling me how hard he works and only makes $10 an hour. Takes me to my destination and asks for cash and charges me $160 for the ride and then asked for a tip. My fault for being stupid!! Take a yellow cab!
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"one of the most unorganized airports"

Not Verified | This was one of the most unorganized airports I’ve been in. I arrived way early and spent the entire time standing in lines. I was ultimately herded to a line for babies and handicap which merged with another line, when babies and handicap should have been in one separate line. I will never fly out of this airport again. Also, it is too far from Manhattan.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"Basic human decency could be exercised"

Trip Verified | Terminal 1 had the rudest staff I've ever encountered throughout any airport in the world. Completely unnecessary the way they talk with people. If you work at an international airport expect people to not speak English, yelling at them and talking down to them is not going to speed things up. I am not sure what the training procedures are for this place, but for any establishment to allow their staff to talk to their guests like this is wrong. Reading other reviews I am not the first to experience this. I am not sure who is running this place, but just because you are airport security doesn't give you the right to be a complete jerk to anyone. Basic human decency could be exercised even minimally and it would be a drastic improvement. Food selections are scarce and the place isn't exactly clean. Restaurant staff were friendly and prompt especially for the amount of business.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"horrible rude airport staff"

Not Verified | The most horrible rude airport staff we have come to encounter on the planet, the woman taking mine and my childrens tickets just before entering the terminal departure area screamed at my family for a wall divider falling over when we where in line to which was not in any way our fault: "You are horrible guests! you are not welcome here do not return! you are making a mess!" As well as the woman doing the scanning yelling at my young son for having water and not removing jackets after a meer secound. Honestly people incarcerated are treated better. My goodness to tramatize young children in such a way, shame on you.

"queue times were awful"

Not Verified | The most rude and unfriendly staff I've ever encountered anywhere in the world. I never write reviews but I was so disgusted by the way the staff at this airport spoke to customers, I feel I need to. The queue times were awful and it was hot and crowded. Avoid this airport if possible!!

"Employees are unfriendly"

WiFi is erratic, unpredictable and largely unavailable. Employees are unfriendly. Eye contact by frontline customer service from airlines, airport to security seems taboo. Port Authority, you can do better. Benchmark yourself against the top global airports. NYC is a global city.